PDA

View Full Version : this years rookie class

mdm692
03-26-2012, 09:39 PM
So this years rookie class was very underrated coming into this years draft but i dont know if there has been a rookie class as important as this one in the last couple years. We have faried, klay thompson, markieff morris, kawhi leonard, marshon brooks, shumpert, norris cole even the cavs with kyrie irving and thompson were fighting for a playoff spot before varejao got hurt. So what do we make of this rookie class.

b@llhog24
03-26-2012, 09:47 PM
They have players like Kyrie who has superstar potential. Guys like D-Will and maybe Marshon could be future allstars. A future All-Nba defense canidate in Shump
and a bunch of other solid starters and role players. But this draft only got heat because only realistically two players could be possible franchise guys.

ManRam
03-26-2012, 09:52 PM
A lot of instant impact players...but I'm not sure it will ultimately be super-star latent.

A lot of players who started off hot (remember all the Cole and Shump insanity?) have slowed a bit. There's one clear super star in Kyrie, and few guys who could make some AS games...but it isn't going to go down as one of the greatest ever (i could be wrong).

But yeah, a lot of immediate impact...especially on contending teams. That's rare.

M.Bibby2.0
03-26-2012, 09:59 PM
So this years rookie class was very underrated coming into this years draft but i dont know if there has been a rookie class as important as this one in the last couple years. We have faried, klay thompson, markieff morris, kawhi leonard, marshon brooks, shumpert, norris cole even the cavs with kyrie irving and thompson were fighting for a playoff spot before varejao got hurt. So what do we make of this rookie class.

lol way to fail to mention Isaiah Thomas who is a 60th pick success story and is second on the rookie ladder...

M.Bibby2.0
03-26-2012, 10:02 PM
There are a lot of players in this who will have good careers, but outside of Kyrie I don't see many other all-stars. Just my opinion though.

Birdmannn
03-26-2012, 10:16 PM
lol way to fail to mention Isaiah Thomas who is a 60th pick success story and is second on the rookie ladder...

Good one I was thinking of him too.

Rubio is a stud. He has shown some much so far, give it 3 seasons and he will be fighting for best PG in the league. D-Will has shown flashes of what he could be later on too and thats a great player (reminds me of Gay)

Hawkeye15
03-26-2012, 10:21 PM
This class was stronger then touted, and the addition of Rubio didn't hurt obviously.

marvILLous
03-26-2012, 10:24 PM
The best player hasn't even played a game yet ;)

Edit* well i guess he isn't a rookie but he's apart of this year's draft classs

mdm692
03-26-2012, 10:26 PM

sue me. The point is the draft has a lot of impact players yet people looked at it as if it were one of the worst.

Rndy
03-26-2012, 10:28 PM
sue me. The point is the draft has a lot of impact players yet people looked at it as if it were one of the worst.

WAY TO FAIL ON JIMMY BUTLER GOD!!!!! I'm going to sue you.

jimm120
03-26-2012, 10:29 PM
A lot of instant impact players...but I'm not sure it will ultimately be super-star latent.

A lot of players who started off hot (remember all the Cole and Shump insanity?) have slowed a bit. There's one clear super star in Kyrie, and few guys who could make some AS games...but it isn't going to go down as one of the greatest ever (i could be wrong).

But yeah, a lot of immediate impact...especially on contending teams. That's rare.

I think he got it there.

There really doesn't seem to be that much "star" potential (as in someone that can carry a team), but there are quite a few role players out there that are contributing even now and will most probably stick as role players.

Birdmannn
03-26-2012, 10:44 PM
The best player hasn't even played a game yet ;)

Edit* well i guess he isn't a rookie but he's apart of this year's draft classs

I hope to god your right and mixed with another good rookie next year should be fun.

DerekRE_3
03-26-2012, 10:51 PM

Considering Isaiah is ranked 2nd on NBA.com's rookie board, I'll consider suing you.

tyfreaks brotha
03-26-2012, 10:58 PM
No Isaiah Thomas = fail of a thread

dalton749
03-26-2012, 11:05 PM
dont forget about valanciunas who could potentially be a franchise player

Birdmannn
03-26-2012, 11:24 PM
dont forget about valanciunas who could potentially be a franchise player

Of course dont forget the guy doing what this season?

mdm692
03-26-2012, 11:47 PM
Lets clear this up ok? I mentioned rookies on teams with potential playoff implications not lottery teams(no disrespect).

DreamShake
03-27-2012, 12:30 AM
Lets clear this up ok? I mentioned rookies on teams with potential playoff implications not lottery teams(no disrespect).

Then you should've mentioned Chandler Parsons, 2nd round pick from the Rockets. Dude has been the steal of the draft. Well, him or Thomas.

Slimsim
03-27-2012, 12:42 AM
decent class this year

M.Bibby2.0
03-27-2012, 12:42 AM

lol didn't know GSW and NJ had play-off implications. :shrug:

Just admit he slipped your mind, and that its slightly embarrassing considering the thread topic, and there wont be any law suits.

DerekRE_3
03-27-2012, 12:53 AM

Makes sense. Klay Thompson and the Warriors are definitely fighting for a playoff spot. I mean they traded Monta for a guy who is out for the year. Definitely trying to win now.

asandhu23
03-27-2012, 01:03 AM
Makes sense. Klay Thompson and the Warriors are definitely fighting for a playoff spot. I mean they traded Monta for a guy who is out for the year. Definitely trying to win now.

Definitely, Joe Lacob got booed for nothing. :cool:

DerekRE_3
03-27-2012, 01:15 AM
Definitely, Joe Lacob got booed for nothing. :cool:

Seriously though, I think in the long run the trade could work out. Bogut has to stay healthy, that's what it hinges on. I'd actually be more worried about Steph. His injury problems appear more chronic, while Bogut's are more freak injury.

Warriors had to get a legit big man, and they got one. This frees up time for Klay, who I think is a player worth opening up a starting spot for. And honestly, they need a top 7 pick more than they need to compete for the playoffs right now, especially in a draft that looks to be very good.

Case in point: Boogie averaged 22 and 16 against the Warriors this season (4 games). Bogut will help make that not happen next year.

Monta is beast
03-27-2012, 01:15 AM
The Warriors should be a playoff team next year, if that's what the OP was saying.

LASportsFan1996
03-27-2012, 01:27 AM
Solid Class. Although Not Very Star-Studded

BKLYNpigeon
03-27-2012, 01:29 AM
I hope the Warriors just tank this season.

BKLYNpigeon
03-27-2012, 01:31 AM
valanciunas is going to be really good. he's got all the skill and make up of a tough NBA player.

Birdmannn
03-27-2012, 01:44 AM
valanciunas is going to be really good. he's got all the skill and make up of a tough NBA player.

Can you also tell me what lottery numbers I should choosE?