PDA

View Full Version : Can the Grizzles make the Finals?

R8Rfriar
03-26-2012, 10:56 AM
with Z Ro back in the line-up is that enough to get memphis to the Finals?

alencp3
03-26-2012, 11:07 AM
Pass that **** man i wanna try it too

UKblazers
03-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Didn't they just go on a 2-8 ten game stretch? I would be surprise if they repeated last years relative postseason success, still haven't figured best way to play with z bo and Rudy together.

MrfadeawayJB
03-26-2012, 11:09 AM
lol @ this thread!!! I do think we can make a strong push but i'm not willing to go overboard with it. We havent even played that well since Z-BO's return with exception of last nights game vs the lakers

thekmp211
03-26-2012, 11:11 AM
if they get their chemistry together they are as talented as any team in the west.

R8Rfriar
03-26-2012, 11:12 AM
Pass that **** man i wanna try it too

Why not them? they were 1 game last year from making the western conf. finals, the only team I see in their way is Ironically OKC

their team is basically still in tact, only this year Rudy gay is Healthy
Conley
T.Allen
Gasol
Z Ro
Gay
Mayo
Arenas
Arthur

This team will make some noise at the least

R8Rfriar
03-26-2012, 11:15 AM
lol @ this thread!!! I do think we can make a strong push but i'm not willing to go overboard with it. We havent even played that well since Z-BO's return with exception of last nights game vs the lakers

why are you laughing? Im not a Grizzles fan but out of all the teams in the west as of right now The Grizzles are the only one that I believe poses a threat to the Thunder

Zbo's return is huge, might not be looking so good right now but come playoff time I feel you will be ready

R8Rfriar
03-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Im starting to think posters are choosing the "what are you smoking" option just for the heck of it:eyebrow:

NoahH
03-26-2012, 11:20 AM
Now that they have Gilbert Arenas, anything is possible.

MrfadeawayJB
03-26-2012, 11:28 AM
why are you laughing? Im not a Grizzles fan but out of all the teams in the west as of right now The Grizzles are the only one that I believe poses a threat to the Thunder

Zbo's return is huge, might not be looking so good right now but come playoff time I feel you will be ready

I just find it funny that people (mostly laker fans; not sure if you are a laker fan or not but just saying) will say after a team beats them that that team could make a huge run.

Now if your basing it off last years successes, then yes i agree with you. IF we put it together and play as a team we are more than capable of beating anybody!

MrfadeawayJB
03-26-2012, 11:29 AM
Now that they have Gilbert Arenas, anything is possible.

:guns:

R8Rfriar
03-26-2012, 11:32 AM
I just find it funny that people (mostly laker fans; not sure if you are a laker fan or not but just saying) will say after a team beats them that that team could make a huge run.

Now if your basing it off last years successes, then yes i agree with you. IF we put it together and play as a team we are more than capable of beating anybody!

being called a Lakers fan is insulting:mad: lol

and yes that is exactly my point

TN_ballz
03-26-2012, 11:33 AM
One of three teams is going to represent the west...OKC, LA Lakers, or the Grizzlies. OKC has Durant, Westbrook and in my opinion the 6th man of the year in Harden. The Lakers have Kobe and a beast of a center in Bynum. Memphis has a nasty defense and great post play...but if Mayo and Arenas start making 3's, lookout!

MrfadeawayJB
03-26-2012, 11:44 AM
The grizz has great depth and balanced scoring which also seperates us from most teams. The difference is i beleive we got guys who can "take over" or "hit the big shot" if needed

PhillyFaninLA
03-26-2012, 11:48 AM
I said yes but want to explain.

The question is can they make the finals not do I think they will.

If OKC gets more then 1 injury to one of the big 3, Dallas and the Spurs play old, Kobe gets injured, and the Clippers can't get back on track then sure the Grizzlies can make but I don't think they will without quite a bit of luck.

Hellcrooner
03-26-2012, 11:55 AM
Have a chance, if they share the rock enough.
But it would be a surprise .

MeLaPelan!
03-26-2012, 11:57 AM
They have the talent to do it, it's a matter of putting it all together and meshing before the playoffs.

Let's not forget that they're more talented this year than last years playoff team that made a good run in the post season with arguably their best player being out with injury in Rudy Gay.

LakersKB24
03-26-2012, 11:58 AM
The Grizz are probably the sleeper team in the West, they have a very deep and balanced team which is vital this season. I compare them to the Pacers, very similiar bult teams, solid at every position, good bench but no real superstar or closer they can rely on in crunch time. Grizzlies have a better shot at the Finals though because they only have one top contender in their conference.

Obviously it's a long shot but if they catch fire at the right time, they might surprise a lot of people. Takes a great team effort night in and night out though, everybody has to bring their A game.

Cal827
03-26-2012, 12:37 PM
I think they can, but I really want to know what the OP is smoking so I can try some myself :D

HouRealCoach
03-26-2012, 12:50 PM
They should have kept Vasquez & Young

Blitzbolt
03-26-2012, 12:55 PM
If we get the chemistry down I think we have a great chance but with 19 games left its gonna be hard to get it together especially with no practice.

NoahH
03-26-2012, 12:59 PM

agreed

justinnum1
03-26-2012, 01:15 PM
yes. having gay is a big upgrade for them over last season team. they have the front court to give OKC fits

conley
allen
gay
randolph
gasol

mayo

is pretty nasty

shep33
03-26-2012, 01:20 PM
They're very good. I don't know if they're better than the Spurs, Thunder, and Lakers just yet. But I could see them making it if the ball is moving offensively

Birdmannn
03-26-2012, 01:20 PM

Damn I didnt even hear about Young, what happened?
Im surprised they got rid or let him leave.

Blitzbolt
03-26-2012, 01:24 PM
Damn I didnt even hear about Young, what happened?
Im surprised they got rid or let him leave.

We can't get over the salary cap like other teams We had to trade Young to get under the cap.

tr3ymill3r
03-26-2012, 01:27 PM
with Z Ro back in the line-up is that enough to get memphis to the Finals?

ZRo is a rapper, ZBo is Zach Randolph.

YoungOne
03-26-2012, 01:35 PM
well, why not?

Birdmannn
03-26-2012, 01:42 PM
We can't get over the salary cap like other teams We had to trade Young to get under the cap.

Damn didnt know that. I enjoyed their play off push last year hope it happens again this season.

alencp3
03-26-2012, 03:03 PM
Why not them? they were 1 game last year from making the western conf. finals, the only team I see in their way is Ironically OKC

their team is basically still in tact, only this year Rudy gay is Healthy
Conley
T.Allen
Gasol
Z Ro
Gay
Mayo
Arenas
Arthur

This team will make some noise at the least
Yeah that team looks good on paper but we still havent seen **** from Zach and Rudy together
They got killed by the struggling Clippers 2 days ago

justinnum1
03-26-2012, 03:10 PM
Yeah that team looks good on paper but we still havent seen **** from Zach and Rudy together
They got killed by the struggling Clippers 2 days ago

One game means nothing, especially in this season

Ty Fast
03-26-2012, 03:16 PM
not this year. thunder comes out of the west.

ATLPRIMETIME21
03-26-2012, 08:08 PM
The one thing Memphis has going for them is that if they do run into the Lakers in the playoffs Tony Allen has repeatedly made Kobe's night a living nightmare. With Rudy Gay back for this Playoff run I think it is very possible for them to make a run. But OKC is one hell of a team to try and get passed and hell even the old *** spurs always seem to get up off their wheelchairs for the Playoffs

mzgrizz
03-26-2012, 08:27 PM
It's a dream, but why not? They COULD pull it all together. Even Haddadi looked good last night!

looka09
03-26-2012, 09:16 PM
No.

Avenged
03-26-2012, 09:20 PM
Yes.

Personally I feel the Thunder and the Grizzlies are the only big threats to bounce the Lakers out West.

jbeezy
03-26-2012, 09:27 PM
I dont think they are strong enough as a team to take out a team like the Thunder or Spurs.

AIRMAR72
03-26-2012, 11:57 PM
The GRIZZ better are than what they record indicate they are young but they have team chemistry Zack Randolph is MORE than handfull to be guarded by any PF and once he gets going its rainbow Js AND post N toast allday Rudy Gay has step his GAME up playing both ends Connelly IS super fast with the ball and has improve on his IQ,passing,scoring,defense and knows how to play in halfcourt set Mark Gasol great team player and passer a natural soft touch shooter with great IQ Tony Allen(non scoring poorman jordan..he plays hard like a young MJ on defense) this man brings it EVERY single nite PLAYING defense and hussle Tony Allen is one of the main reason why boston won their recent ring the grizz bench IS solid with defensive minded players the GRIZZ are better halfcourt OFFENSIVE n DEFENSIVE team compare to thunders

Birdmannn
03-27-2012, 12:11 AM
The GRIZZ better are than what they record indicate they are young but they have team chemistry Zack Randolph is MORE than handfull to be guarded by any PF and once he gets going its rainbow Js AND post N toast allday Rudy Gay has step his GAME up playing both ends Connelly IS super fast with the ball and has improve on his IQ,passing,scoring,defense and knows how to play in halfcourt set Mark Gasol great team player and passer a natural soft touch shooter with great IQ Tony Allen(non scoring poorman jordan..he plays hard like a young MJ on defense) this man brings it EVERY single nite PLAYING defense and hussle Tony Allen is one of the main reason why boston won their recent ring the grizz bench IS solid with defensive minded players the GRIZZ are better halfcourt OFFENSIVE n DEFENSIVE team compare to thunders

Are you a bench player for the Grizz? Your grammar seems its at about the level of someone that coasted through school on physical talents.

da ThRONe
03-27-2012, 12:29 AM
I dont think they are strong enough as a team to take out a team like the Thunder or Spurs.

They beat the Spurs last year. I see no reason why they couldn't do so this year.

LOL @ the avatar.

lilojmayo
03-27-2012, 10:17 AM
obviously they have the talent to do it Marc Gasol, OJ Mayo, Rudy Gay, Zach Ranodlph, Mike Conley, Tony Allen, Marressee Speights

but this team has played horrible basketball this year, because of all the injuries. This team record should be closer to OKC/Spurs then fighting in the 4th to 9th record jumbo