PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant Trying To Do What Only Shaq, Iverson & Jordan have done.

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-26-2012, 03:27 AM
The Oklahoma City Thunder's Kevin Durant won this yr's All-Star Game MVP Award.

But he is also 1 of the top 2 candidates for this yr's League MVP Award with his competition being the Miami Heat's LeBron James.

The reigning 2x scoring champion is currently second in the league in scoring at 27.9 PPG behind the Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant at 28.3 PPG.

In recent history only Michael Jordan (1996 & 1998)-CHI, Shaquille O'Neal (2000)-LAL and Allen Iverson (2001)-PHI have won league MVP honors, All-star game MVP honors and a scoring title in the same season.

Of those 3, Shaq (2000) and MJ (96 & 98) won the championship with the Finals MVP. Iverson made it to the finals, but lost to the Lakers.

Just thought it was interesting and wanted to point out the legendary names that KD can join, especially if he makes it to the finals and wins a championship and finals MVP.

GrandDaddyPurp
03-26-2012, 03:43 AM
Too bad he'll come up short this year.

Philapsychosis
03-26-2012, 04:04 AM

Yo! Sick bro! How did you learn to look into the future?

javaid64
03-26-2012, 04:20 AM

idk bout looking into future but to accomplish everything....scoring title(he's behind kobe for now)....MVP(pretty sure voter's would give it to LeBron at this point)....reaching the finals(he possibly could)...and winning finals MVP(assuming he wins a ring this year)....i'll take my chance and say he's not gonna accomplish all that....

waveycrockett
03-26-2012, 04:26 AM
idk bout looking into future but to accomplish everything....scoring title(he's behind kobe for now)....MVP(pretty sure voter's would give it to LeBron at this point)....reaching the finals(he possibly could)...and winning finals MVP(assuming he wins a ring this year)....i'll take my chance and say he's not gonna accomplish all that....

He's got a decent shot of winning the MVP but favorite at this point is LeBron. He needs to get his avg over 30 to win it.

Mr_Amaziing
03-26-2012, 04:34 AM
I really hope he does accomplish it
He deserves it

xk4
03-26-2012, 04:40 AM
spank Miami one more time and I'd say that MVP is his

GrandDaddyPurp
03-26-2012, 06:02 AM

Crap like this makes absolutely no sense. So if the Bulls were to sweep the Heat in the regular season then should we give the MVP to Rose?

Just because James and Durant are 1a and 1b in the MVP race, you don't take their regular season matchups into account to decide the winner. The MVP award is given to the player who had the best year individually against all the teams in the league.

GrandDaddyPurp
03-26-2012, 06:05 AM

It's a secret, bro! You just gotta trust me!

ghettosean
03-26-2012, 06:37 AM
Crap like this makes absolutely no sense. So if the Bulls were to sweep the Heat in the regular season then should we give the MVP to Rose?

Just because James and Durant are 1a and 1b in the MVP race, you don't take their regular season matchups into account to decide the winner. The MVP award is given to the player who had the best year individually against all the teams in the league.
So the team record has no effect on MVP standings then?!?

Is that what you are trying to tell us??? Cause when I looked over all the winners of this award at least for the last 10 years or so they have always had the best record in there conference. I'm pretty sure the record makes a difference and the heat currently have the same record as last year. It's never really been based on individual stats only.

P.S

Thunder are the best in the West ;)

ghettosean
03-26-2012, 06:39 AM
I would think so also.

xk4
03-26-2012, 06:42 AM

Disagree. It's possible to put up amazing numbers on a 10 win team. MVP should be more about intangibles, which is why I think Derrick Rose won last year

Lebron James is the strongest, most talented and versitle guy in the league right now and he doesn't deliver when he really has to. Durant steps up every night.

todu82
03-26-2012, 09:06 AM
He looks like a good bet to do it this year, best of luck to him.

Cal827
03-26-2012, 09:21 AM

This. Lebron's having one of the best seasons of all time when it comes to some of the advanced statistics. For Durant to win season MVP, the votes must be absolutely rigged (as in people are still mad ad LBJ).

Also OKC might not come out of the West. I see a team like Memphis (who matched up with them really well last year), or a team that has offensive power down low (E.g. Lakers) causing serious problems

Hawkeye15
03-26-2012, 09:29 AM
if LeBron doesn't win the MVP with his numbers and team success, its yet another blemish to the award.

He115ing
03-26-2012, 09:44 AM
I can definitely see Thunder winning the championship this year.

3RDASYSTEM
03-26-2012, 09:45 AM
The overrated locker room killing,PG ballhogging chucker is up there with JORDAN/SHAQ as only 3 in history? And jus to think MJ had PIPPEN, SHAQ had KB8 and EZAIL had MCKIE as 'ROBINS', no wonder why its so easy to determine ..But back on topic, DURANTULA has a hell of a chance to do it, and he is the league MVP ..im convinced

ChicagoJ
03-26-2012, 11:23 AM
If OKC finishes with a better record than Miami Durant has a shot. But, LeBron's numbers this year in addition to being on a top team will probably win it for him.

MarkieMark48
03-26-2012, 12:16 PM
Brons stats across the board, and the heat (more than likely) finishing second in the east should be enough for him to win MVP

72 Wins
03-26-2012, 12:27 PM
Definitely deserves it!

willabeast77
03-26-2012, 12:35 PM
Durant had the better game between the two in the matchup last night but Durant wouldnt solely win it because of one game. That would be pretty ignorant of the voters. LeBron is still in the lead for MVP at this point, but Durant is catching up.

Blah Blah Blah
03-26-2012, 12:52 PM
the mvp goes to the best player on the best team record wise mostly. Because of that Durant will probably win it. Doesn't matter how u individuals all vote because as much as you want to say 'intangibles' 'great stats' etc. it doesn't matter as much as the team's record. OKC will more than likely have the best record in the west going into the playoffs while Miami will most likely finish 2nd to Chicago record wise in the East. So durant will probably win it. Just look back at the past winners of the award. Outside of boston (who had the 'big 3' so thus kobe got it whose team btw, had the best record in the west).

ManRam
03-26-2012, 01:01 PM
Why do we value the all-star game MVP so much?

willabeast77
03-26-2012, 01:03 PM
the mvp goes to the best player on the best team record wise mostly. Because of that Durant will probably win it. Doesn't matter how u individuals all vote because as much as you want to say 'intangibles' 'great stats' etc. it doesn't matter as much as the team's record. OKC will more than likely have the best record in the west going into the playoffs while Miami will most likely finish 2nd to Chicago record wise in the East. So durant will probably win it. Just look back at the past winners of the award. Outside of boston (who had the 'big 3' so thus kobe got it whose team btw, had the best record in the west).

Not really though. If the Thunder only win about 2-3 more games than Miami and with LeBron stat's being the way they are, the voters will still probably give the award to LeBron. (Unless Durant goes on some tear and increases his stats dramatically).

basketfan4life
03-26-2012, 02:33 PM

know what, last year Bulls swept the Heat, and they gave it to rose, just a fun fact :)

JordansBulls
03-26-2012, 04:47 PM
The Oklahoma City Thunder's Kevin Durant won this yr's All-Star Game MVP Award.

But he is also 1 of the top 2 candidates for this yr's League MVP Award with his competition being the Miami Heat's LeBron James.

The reigning 2x scoring champion is currently second in the league in scoring at 27.9 PPG behind the Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant at 28.3 PPG.

In recent history only Michael Jordan (1996 & 1998)-CHI, Shaquille O'Neal (2000)-LAL and Allen Iverson (2001)-PHI have won league MVP honors, All-star game MVP honors and a scoring title in the same season.

Of those 3, Shaq (2000) and MJ (96 & 98) won the championship with the Finals MVP. Iverson made it to the finals, but lost to the Lakers.

Just thought it was interesting and wanted to point out the legendary names that KD can join, especially if he makes it to the finals and wins a championship and finals MVP.

How is Iverson in this group and why would Allstar game mvp even matter?

More important would be the guys who won scoring title, league mvp and the title the same year and then you get MJ, Shaq, Kareem to name a few.

Teeboy1487
03-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Durant is my favorite for MVP imo if they win the West standings wise.

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-26-2012, 04:55 PM

More important would be the guys who won scoring title, league mvp and the title the same year and then you get MJ, Shaq, Kareem to name a few.

All-star MVP isn't the end all being all, but I just think it's kinda of cool for a player to win a triple-crown MVP in 1 season (ASG, League and Finals) along with being the leading scorer in the league.

I just wanted to give some love to AI. If it was any other team than the Shaq-Kobe Lakers, I think Philly would have won in 2001 and AI would have got the Finals MVP, thus would have legitimately joined MJ (twice) and Shaq.

GrandDaddyPurp
03-26-2012, 05:01 PM
So the team record has no effect on MVP standings then?!?

Is that what you are trying to tell us??? Cause when I looked over all the winners of this award at least for the last 10 years or so they have always had the best record in there conference. I'm pretty sure the record makes a difference and the heat currently have the same record as last year. It's never really been based on individual stats only.

P.S

Thunder are the best in the West ;)

Where the hell did you get that? Team record definitely matters but I'm saying you don't just look at the match-ups between the Heat and Thunder.

It's quite simple. If Lebron continues to play the way he has been playing, he'll win the MVP no doubt.

GrandDaddyPurp
03-26-2012, 05:03 PM
know what, last year Bulls swept the Heat, and they gave it to rose, just a fun fact :)

****! Lol, horrible example.

AceMan
03-26-2012, 05:04 PM
I'm sorry but even as a huge Heat hater I can say that if LeBron doesn't win the MVP this year it's a complete joke. He might be having the best regular season ever, if he doesn't win MVP it's because the writers just want to stir up some controversy. This is coming from a Knicks fan who has admittedly once said "I'd probably root for the Nazis if they were playing the Heat". That's how obvious it is that LeBron is the MVP.

xk4
03-26-2012, 05:57 PM
I'm just thinking of it this way. If Lebron beasts all over the other 29 teams and then comes to OKC for the first time and his team gets beaten all around, doesn't that mean Durant is the more valuable player, somehow? I know it's just one game.

Really they just need to clarify what MVP means. If it was all about stats I don't see why they should bother with scoring champion, assist leaders, etc

I guess based on the year it's decided by overall stats or whoever the league is excited about. I guess you could make a case for either of them

FlashMacker
03-26-2012, 06:14 PM

:clap: Couldn't have said it better myself

Birdmannn
03-26-2012, 06:17 PM
I'm just thinking of it this way. If Lebron beasts all over the other 29 teams and then comes to OKC for the first time and his team gets beaten all around, doesn't that mean Durant is the more valuable player, somehow? I know it's just one game.

Really they just need to clarify what MVP means. If it was all about stats I don't see why they should bother with scoring champion, assist leaders, etc

I guess based on the year it's decided by overall stats or whoever the league is excited about. I guess you could make a case for either of them

People that are not part of any games are the ones to vote.
That being said its an award given by a bunch of spectators, and should not mean a whole lot. If this award was based on only votes from coaches and other players it would be so much more credible.

Soonerule
03-26-2012, 07:01 PM

Yes, they need to clarify the meaning of the award. MVP of a team, the league, that day, what? Last year's MVP has spent a lot of time on the injured list and the Bulls are the first team in the NBA to 40 wins any way. Not taking anything away from Derek Rose, he is a great player. So what is the exact criteria?

Before this season, I, and I am obviously a Thunder fan, did not consider KD, even though he led the league in scoring both seasons, a viable candidate for MVP because there were many times it was obvious that his inexperience on defense forced OKC to hide him on the defensive end sometimes. That has now changed as we saw last night seeing the two all-stars going head to head on both ends of the floor. Magic Johnson pointed out that in the many times Durant covered Lebron one on one, James hit one fade away jumper while Durant scored regularly on LBJ at the other end of the floor. Does that make Durant the MVP over Lebron when you compare their stats for the entire season? I don't know the answer to that, but I do know this. I have zero doubt if you asked either player whether they would rather win the MVP or the NBA Championship what their answer would be.

mdm692
03-26-2012, 09:07 PM

bulls swept miami last year in the reg season and rose got the mvp. So yeah of the thunder go to miami and kd has a stronger game than bron then yeah his chances of winning mvp increase.

mdm692
03-26-2012, 09:09 PM
Yes, they need to clarify the meaning of the award. MVP of a team, the league, that day, what? Last year's MVP has spent a lot of time on the injured list and the Bulls are the first team in the NBA to 40 wins any way. Not taking anything away from Derek Rose, he is a great player. So what is the exact criteria?

Before this season, I, and I am obviously a Thunder fan, did not consider KD, even though he led the league in scoring both seasons, a viable candidate for MVP because there were many times it was obvious that his inexperience on defense forced OKC to hide him on the defensive end sometimes. That has now changed as we saw last night seeing the two all-stars going head to head on both ends of the floor. Magic Johnson pointed out that in the many times Durant covered Lebron one on one, James hit one fade away jumper while Durant scored regularly on LBJ at the other end of the floor. Does that make Durant the MVP over Lebron when you compare their stats for the entire season? I don't know the answer to that, but I do know this. I have zero doubt if you asked either player whether they would rather win the MVP or the NBA Championship what their answer would be.

this

jbeezy
03-26-2012, 09:41 PM
Kevin Durant should win the mvp

justOmazing
03-26-2012, 09:49 PM

He stole it from Biff Tannen!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rze0XkDUqQ

Ty Fast
03-26-2012, 10:11 PM
I really hope he does accomplish it
He deserves it

lebron deserves it

Kevj77
03-26-2012, 10:15 PM

Just because James and Durant are 1a and 1b in the MVP race, you don't take their regular season matchups into account to decide the winner. The MVP award is given to the player who had the best year individually against all the teams in the league.I've read that the MVP Kobe won over CP3 many voters looked at the late season game between the Lakers and Hornets and it was a factor in some voters decision.

MVPs are supposed to come from any team, but we all know there is an unwritten rule that the player has to be on a top seed.

MetroMan
03-27-2012, 12:03 AM
He is on pace of MVP and possibly finals MVP

Durant
-All Star MVP
- MVp (In lead so far)

possibly a finals mvp as well.

when was the last time someone did this? I'm assuming Jordan

Birdmannn
03-27-2012, 12:06 AM
Chance at a finals MVP? HA alright lets add Parker, Kobe, Bynum, Wade, Lebron, Rose, Dirk, hell maybe even Westbrook to that list.

MetroMan
03-27-2012, 12:11 AM
Chance at a finals MVP? HA alright lets add Parker, Kobe, Bynum, Wade, Lebron, Rose, Dirk, hell maybe even Westbrook to that list.

granted they all have a chance But I was saying "MAYBE"

Birdmannn
03-27-2012, 12:13 AM
granted they all have a chance But I was saying "MAYBE"

And thats my point we could say "MAYBE" on a million different things with the NBA every day.

NoahH
03-27-2012, 12:13 AM
that would be hella crazy

MetroMan
03-27-2012, 12:14 AM
that would be hella crazy

thats what I'm saying.

He is shoe in for a regular season MVP.

He also has the top 4 team (upper 3)

Baller1
03-27-2012, 12:16 AM
We already have a thread about this topic, and Durant is far from a "shoe in" for MVP.

Birdmannn
03-27-2012, 12:19 AM
thats what I'm saying.

Shoe in? Your first Miami game must have been yesterday then.

Your silly and biased.

5ass
03-27-2012, 12:19 AM
who gives a **** about allstar game MVP, im much more interested in the list of people who won MVP and finals MVP in the same season

Thunder 9
03-27-2012, 12:27 AM
An MVP would be nice but we want the championship.

king_of_limbs
03-27-2012, 12:37 AM
thats what I'm saying.

did you pay your troll toll today?

MetroMan
03-27-2012, 12:43 AM
Shoe in? Your first Miami game must have been yesterday then.

Your silly and biased.

A shoe in for right now. But if he beats lebron on april 4th it will be

BallinLikaLaker
03-27-2012, 12:44 AM
thats what I'm saying.

What is his shoe in? I'm confused

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-27-2012, 12:45 AM
He is on pace of MVP and possibly finals MVP

Durant
-All Star MVP
- MVp (In lead so far)

possibly a finals mvp as well.

when was the last time someone did this? I'm assuming Jordan

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=706818

You're welcome. :)

MetroMan
03-27-2012, 12:46 AM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=706818

You're welcome. :)

did not see this. my fault

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-27-2012, 12:48 AM
did not see this. my fault

I'm just glad there's a fellow Laker fan that appreciates Durant's greatness. The kid is something, isn't he? :)

MetroMan
03-27-2012, 12:56 AM
I'm just glad there's a fellow Laker fan that appreciates Durant's greatness. The kid is something, isn't he? :)

Over the past 2 years I have been calling him the future Kobe..... glad his living up to the hype

Mr_Amaziing
03-27-2012, 01:00 AM
KD35 should definitely win it

He's on a mission

JJ_JKidd
03-27-2012, 01:07 AM
An MVP would be nice but we want the championship.

THIS People are always so jolly at regular season shenanigans but tend to forget that the NBA is all about playing in June.

pd7631
03-27-2012, 01:11 AM

How is Iverson in this group? It's pretty clearly stated how he's in the group.

Birdmannn
03-27-2012, 01:27 AM
Over the past 2 years I have been calling him the future Kobe..... glad his living up to the hype

My question is does your love for Durant spring from the fact Kobe is no longer on Lebron's level so you need to cheer for someone that is just to be against LBJ?

Raph12
03-27-2012, 01:46 AM
People get carried away so easily...

Cubby
03-27-2012, 01:48 AM
Jesus ****ing Christ, Raph... your sig, man...

Raph12
03-27-2012, 01:49 AM
Is it in your nature to act prematurely?... Durant isn't on the verge of anything, the only award he has secured is the AS MVP, who's to say Kobe gives up the scoring title race or the Thunder make the Finals?

They better hope the Lakers eliminate the Spurs for them IMHO.

5ass
03-27-2012, 01:55 AM
People get carried away so easily...

haha **** it just put a porno movie in ur sig

Thunder 9
03-27-2012, 01:56 AM
I remeber lebron saying he could win the scoring title every year if he really wanted to... looks like thats what he was trying to do against the back to back champ the other night to me... didnt work out to well. But hey i guess if he gets another camera on him he will be happy.

Fnom11
03-27-2012, 02:05 AM
I remeber lebron saying he could win the scoring title every year if he really wanted to... looks like thats what he was trying to do against the back to back champ the other night to me... didnt work out to well. But hey i guess if he gets another camera on him he will be happy.

wat.....................

asandhu23
03-27-2012, 02:07 AM
yeah. give him the crown already!

Ebbs
03-27-2012, 02:09 AM
LeBron still has my vote for MVP. . .

Thunder 9
03-27-2012, 02:11 AM
wat.....................

All im sayin is im not used to camera hounds we just play basketball over here in green acres...its actually more of a tan acres.

THE GIPPER
03-27-2012, 02:14 AM
thats what I'm saying.

Are you kidding me? I love KD but c'mon dude Lebron has had a legendary season this year.

Thunder 9
03-27-2012, 02:17 AM
Are you kidding me? I love KD but c'mon dude Lebron has had a legendary season this year.

Ledgendary?... very good but i wouldnt say ledgendary.

Raph12
03-27-2012, 02:17 AM

haha **** it just put a porno movie in ur sig

Let's hope they don't censor me this time...

Birdmannn
03-27-2012, 02:18 AM
Ledgendary?... very good but i wouldnt say ledgendary.

Maybe a top 15 season ever stats wise I would say that is eligible for legendary status.

naps
03-27-2012, 02:19 AM
thats what I'm saying.

:facepalm:

Another Lakers is hurt because he can't say Kobe for MVP anymore.

Birdmannn
03-27-2012, 02:22 AM

That was my exact thought. Hate runs so deep they cheer for a west rival. Makes me laugh:p

naps
03-27-2012, 02:22 AM
My question is does your love for Durant spring from the fact Kobe is no longer on Lebron's level so you need to cheer for someone that is just to be against LBJ?

This guy gets it right.

JEDean89
03-27-2012, 02:32 AM
if lebron loses mvp again, it will be the second year he has been robbed. lebron is on track to have the most efficient season ever. how is that not legendary?

Thunder 9
03-27-2012, 02:37 AM
if lebron loses mvp again, it will be the second year he has been robbed. lebron is on track to have the most efficient season ever. how is that not legendary?

Maybe efficient in shooting percentage but not in anything else... Did anyone else see durant call lebron james a motherf***er the other night?

SportsAndrew25
03-27-2012, 04:06 AM
It is down between him and Lebron for MVP this year.

FrenchSunsFan
03-27-2012, 07:53 AM
I remember 3 years ago when I was in holidays in USA , everybody joked me cause I said Durant ll be better LBJ ...

tredigs
03-27-2012, 08:12 AM

That's no longer true actually. His PER is no longer on pace for even top 5 ever and his WS/48 are down below .300. His numbers are still absurd, but they're not so significant that he's in his own world.

Anybody saying it is a sham to have Durant over LBJ right now is completely off base. And personally I'd say it's now Durant in the drivers seat. After that game against the Heat ("It's one game!"). That one game mattered 10 fold more than a game versus the Bucks or Hawks in an MVP race that's tightened up this close buds, don't act like it didn't, he took the inside track.

Still time for that to change, especially considering they do play again.

tredigs
03-27-2012, 09:08 AM
^Looking at it now, Lebron himself has already had two seasons with a higher PER and higher WS/48 than he's on pace for right now. Duran'ts TS% is now slightly higher than Lebron's also. The stats are no longer too much to overlook.

ragee
03-27-2012, 10:05 AM
If he gets the MVP and Finals MVP, then props to him. He's been playing really well this season but who gives a **** about All-Star MVP?

Mr_Amaziing
03-27-2012, 10:24 AM
Durant is also the USA MVP

USA MVP
All-star MVP
Gonna be this year's MVP
Gonna be the finals MVP

And he's on pace to take the scoring title

He's gonna be a 3 Time Scoring Champion

Durant is Legit

yaswaggin
03-27-2012, 01:20 PM
I remember 3 years ago when I was in holidays in USA , everybody joked me cause I said Durant ll be better LBJ ...

Durant is not better then Lebron. He doesn't dish the ball as well or defend as well.

Lebron is much more of a complete player, however I'd take Durant over Lebron any day when starting a franchise because Durant is loyal and he's younger and he's a better leader.

ManningToTyree
03-27-2012, 01:25 PM

This!

Ovratd1up
03-27-2012, 01:29 PM
Not only does Lebron have a better chance at MVP and, in my opinion, Finals MVP, but he also deserved the All-Star Game MVP over Durant.

tredigs
03-27-2012, 02:23 PM
Not only does Lebron have a better chance at MVP and, in my opinion, Finals MVP, but he also deserved the All-Star Game MVP over Durant.

Having no better of a game than KD and playing for the losing squad? Interesting take on it.

ghettosean
03-27-2012, 02:40 PM
Having no better of a game than KD and playing for the losing squad? Interesting take on it.
Someone here just got owned:laugh:

lvlheaded
03-27-2012, 02:40 PM
LeBron has MVP on lock, I don't think KD can do it this year

The goods
03-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Possibly the most humbled superstar in the league winning MVP I have to say yes besides the lakers,I want the thunder to win,great superstar and great fans,and the team isn't to bad either. Lol

The goods
03-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Everybody is looking at durant and westbrook,but they have the best 6th man in the game in DEREK FISHER!!!!!! Lol they're pretty unstoppable now. Haha
But they are dangerous.

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-27-2012, 03:04 PM
Durant is also the USA MVP

USA MVP
All-star MVP
Gonna be this year's MVP
Gonna be the finals MVP

And he's on pace to take the scoring title

He's gonna be a 3 Time Scoring Champion

Durant is Legit

He has yet to win Gold in the Summer Olympics, the main olympics. But he'll do so this summer.

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-27-2012, 03:09 PM

You are one of if not the greatest troll on these boards. You should open up the Naps Institution of Troll School.

Ovratd1up
03-27-2012, 08:28 PM

Lebron James
Season Age Tm Lg G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
2011-12 27 MIA NBA 1 1 32 15 - 23 .652 6 - 8 .750 .. 0 - 0 0.000 0 .. 6 .. 7 .. 0 .. 0 .. 4 .. 2 36

Kevin Durant
Season Age Tm Lg G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
2011-12 23 OKC NBA 1 1 37 14 - 25 .560 3 - 8 .375 .. 5 - 7 0.714 3 .. 7 .. 3 .. 3 .. 0 .. 2 .. 0 36

Playing less, scoring just as much while being much more efficient, having two more turnovers but four more assists in less game time and being on fire in coming back in the clutch is a lesser game? Interesting take on it.

Does PSD always turn people into ***holes? :p

I trust you don't put much stock, if any, into your own criteria of being on the losing team. Lebron doesn't deserve to be discredited for his team's shortcomings, I think you've been there before, haha. I don't mind KD getting MVP because they traditionally choose the best player on the winning squad, but I don't think it has any greater meaning, especially when his greater rival had as good if not a better argument.

Sactown
03-27-2012, 08:34 PM
Can someone explain to me why Durant "Deserves" to win a ring over anyone else in the league? :eyebrow: Nobody "Deserves" a ring, you have to go out there and win it..

Fnom11
03-27-2012, 09:09 PM
On top of all those awards I heard he's going to get a Noble Peace Prize too. Crazy huh?