PDA

View Full Version : Run-in With Military Servicemen Makes LeBron Harder to Dislike

gotoHcarolina52
03-25-2012, 07:50 PM
Go ahead and hate LeBron James.

It seems like the thing to do if you like any NBA team other than the Heat.

Hey, I get it. The guy spurned a hard-luck sports city in the most distasteful of ways. Taking his talents to South Beach? Who says stuff like that?

In Oklahoma City, the disdain has only grown. LeBron has become the face of the franchise that poses the biggest roadblock to NBA gold for the hometown team. We may know just how big a block after Sunday night's game.

Add in his Twitter-fueled spat with Kendrick Perkins, and LeBron tops the public enemy list.

But before you bring out the torches and pitchforks, you might want to hear this story about LeBron, a layover in Oklahoma City and a run-in with some servicemen.

Three weeks ago, the Heat left Miami for a three-game West Coast swing.

First stop: Portland.

That's a 2,700-mile trip, but it's a flight that most planes make without stopping to refuel.

But on the day that the Heat headed west, the headwinds were stronger than normal. The team plane was going to use more fuel than usual, so a refueling stop would be necessary.

Turns out, Oklahoma City was that stopping point.

Refueling a massive airplane takes time, so according to an airport worker who witnessed the entire scene, the players got off the jet and went inside the general aviation terminal at Will Rogers World Airport. Some lounged in chairs. Others stretched their legs. Most stayed in their own little world.

He noticed a couple of uniformed military personnel approach the team's security person. Unbeknown to him, about a dozen helicopters were stopped there for fuel as well. There were Blackhawks and Apaches and Chinooks, all on long-distance flights. Will Rogers happened to be their refueling stop.

Just like the Heat players, the helicopter pilots were in the terminal stretching their legs.

They never expected the Miami Heat to walk through the door.

Some of them wanted pictures with the players, but when the crew members approached the team's security detail, they were told no.

Maybe LeBron could overhear the conversation, or perhaps he could just tell by their body language what was going on. Either way, he piped up.

“Hey, hey,” he said, “any of these military guys can take a picture with us.”

He turned to his teammates.

“You guys get up,” he told them.

He turned to the servicemen.

“Get your camera up,” he said.

He started to wave the servicemen over but noticed that some of the players weren't yet on their feet.

“Hey, everybody get up,” he said. “Get in a circle here. Anybody that wants their picture taken with us, we'll do it.”

And that's exactly what they did. Any of the four or five dozen helicopter crewmen who wanted a photo got one. Not all of them did, but LeBron and his teammates posed with each and every one of them who asked.

When those pilots and crewmen walked out of the terminal and back across the tarmac, they had big ol' smiles on their faces.

“Can you believe that?” they asked each other. “Who would've ever thought?”

Maybe they meant who would've thought they'd run into the Miami Heat at the Oklahoma City airport.

But maybe they meant, “Who would've ever thought LeBron would be so cool?”

It would've been so easy for a superstar like that to ignore those military men. No one would've ever known that he turned a blind eye to their request.

But that's not what he did. One of the biggest villains in sports did something nice for some of the folks who have volunteered to protect and defend our country's freedom. It wasn't for publicity. It wasn't a big deal for those players. But for those helicopter crews who may one day put themselves in harm's way, it is something they'll always relish.

So, go ahead and hate LeBron if you must.

I'm just not sure he seems like such a bad guy anymore.

http://newsok.com/lebron-james-the-nice-guy-run-in-with-servicemen-makes-miami-heat-star-harder-to-dislike/article/3660652/?page=1

And before anyone claims this is just a PR stunt, this occurred almost a month ago and now's when we first hear of it:

Eventually, the word got out — though clearly not from James, who acted Sunday as if it wasn’t a big deal.
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/heatzone/

redsox0717
03-25-2012, 07:55 PM
so he does a good deed and that's supposed to erase everything he's done in the past to make him so unlikable?

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-25-2012, 07:58 PM
Are you like LeBron's PR guy or his agent that you're trying as hard as you can to make PSD like LeBron?

No offense man, but it's just not necessary. Nobody saying he's a bad person, that was never the case. People are just still mad at what he did to Cleveland.

h2r09
03-25-2012, 08:01 PM
so he does a good deed and that's supposed to erase everything he's done in the past to make him so unlikable?

he did 1 thing that people didn't like, change teams with a decision show. that is it. that was pretty selfless too in that he sacrificed his personal glory in the sake of winning.

what an egomaniac!!!

h2r09
03-25-2012, 08:02 PM
Are you like LeBron's PR guy or his agent that you're trying as hard as you can to make PSD like LeBron?

No offense man, but it's just not necessary. Nobody saying he's a bad person, that was never the case. People are just still mad at what he did to Cleveland.

how about cleveland get him a better second option in 7 years than mo williams and maybe he would consider it.

how about not turning down amare for jj hickson and maybe he will stay.

how about paying carlos boozer and maybe he will stay.

he owed nothing to that team.

llemon
03-25-2012, 08:02 PM
What a great ****in' asskissing post. Keep 'em coming.

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-25-2012, 08:04 PM
how about cleveland get him a better second option in 7 years than mo williams and maybe he would consider it.

how about not turning down amare for jj hickson and maybe he will stay.

how about paying carlos boozer and maybe he will stay.

he owed nothing to that team.

Looks like you are the many that don't get the point.

It's not about him leaving Cleveland, but the way he went about it with that 1 hr extravaganza, where he basically told his home state on national television a big eff u!

h2r09
03-25-2012, 08:05 PM

It's not about him leaving Cleveland, but the way he went about it with that 1 hr extravaganza, where he basically told his home state on national television a big eff u!

be serious here, you think if he didn't do the decision he would not have been criticized? you are absolutely crazy if you think that.

he has admitted it wasn't a great show, but if you hang all of your criticism on that, you are flat out lying to yourself. any way he would have changed teams and he would have been criticized.

heyman321
03-25-2012, 08:07 PM
I heard Lebron kicked an orphan in the face once, then used his lunch money to buy a bottle of gatorade.

GodsSon
03-25-2012, 08:07 PM
LeBron still sells poison milk to school children...

Slimsim
03-25-2012, 08:09 PM
I like Lebron more than durant

gotoHcarolina52
03-25-2012, 08:09 PM
I didn't run the article, The Oklahoman did.

If you're going to condone--or worse, propagate!--the vile and hateful, don't complain when the good comes to light as well.

SeoulBeatz
03-25-2012, 08:10 PM
BOOOOOOOOOoo

Baller1
03-25-2012, 08:10 PM
Lebron is awesome, one of my favorite players, and I want him to win multiple championships as long as its not at the expense of OKC.

Props to Lebron, he's seriously a good dude.

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-25-2012, 08:13 PM
I didn't run the article, The Oklahoman did.

If you're going to condone--or worse, propagate!--the vile and hateful, don't complain when the good comes to light as well.

It was the fact that you felt the need to make this a thread to put LeBron in a positive light.

Look, everyone knows he's a good dude. But his PR skills are that of a 3rd grader. Sometimes, the guy has to learn to shut his mouth and play the game of basketball.

I know what your intentions are, but again, it's not necessary.

Punk
03-25-2012, 08:23 PM
Nobody hates him but he has made questionable decisions that people feel turned off by.

turnaround3
03-25-2012, 08:25 PM
I don't think Lebron is a "good dude" at all. I've seen and read enough over the past 5 years or so to reach that conclusion on my own accord. This was a nice thing he did, that doesn't make him a great person. Al Capone ran soup kitchens, John Wayne Gacy worked with disabled kids, they were good guys too right?

To reiterate, I'm not taking anything away from Lebron's action here. He did a nice thing for some guys who are more than deserving of his kindness. However, one nice thing does not a good person make.

raiderfaninTX
03-25-2012, 08:28 PM
I don't think Lebron is a "good dude" at all. I've seen and read enough over the past 5 years or so to reach that conclusion on my own accord. This was a nice thing he did, that doesn't make him a great person. Al Capone ran soup kitchens, John Wayne Gacy worked with disabled kids, they were good guys too right?

To reiterate, I'm not taking anything away from Lebron's action here. He did a nice thing for some guys who are more than deserving of his kindness. However, one nice thing does not a good person make.

The fact that you use lebron james and those names together is hilarious.

Great waste of txt though, You could of saved PSD some memory if you decided to not make such a stupid comment

turnaround3
03-25-2012, 08:32 PM
The fact that you use lebron james and those names together is hilarious.

Great waste of txt though, You could of saved PSD some memory if you decided to not make such a stupid comment

Right, I equated Lebron James to Al Capone & John Wayne Gacy. Because comparison is the same as equation. Your grasp on the function of the English language is remarkable. Might wanna start "saving PSD some memory" of your own if that's really the best counter you can come up with.

Lebron isn't Al Capone. He isn't a good guy either.

lvlheaded
03-25-2012, 08:33 PM
No one was every claiming LeBron was a bad person. He does a decent amount for the community working with the boys and girls club, granted most of the NBA does. This is a nice thing to do. But it doesn't make him less unlike able. He dissed his hometown on National television, he didn't even give them fair warning. They found out while watching the show. And the whole event was completely self absorbed and self indulgent. That doesn't make him a bad person, it just makes him a douche which is why a large majority of people don't like him

Hustla23
03-25-2012, 08:34 PM
LOL Lebron's P.R. members out in full force.

kenzo400
03-25-2012, 08:43 PM
:facepalm: Another "support our troops" story.

jkcronyn
03-25-2012, 08:43 PM
he makes 1 bad decision.

that decision is nationally televised and makes him look like a real jerk, but at the same time he still donated mad money to local cleveland foundations.

lebron doesn't have a time machine, he can't go back and change that. people grow up, make better decisions and this is one of them.

stop spamming the poor dude who posted this too, i liked reading it and im not a heat fan, lebron fan, just a fan of a good story. the amount of effort people put in to hating other guys on this site is disgusting.

BcEuAbRsS
03-25-2012, 08:45 PM
Did the article really state that it wasn't a PR stunt? Hmmmmm....

iliketurtles24
03-25-2012, 08:45 PM
It was the fact that you felt the need to make this a thread to put LeBron in a positive light.

Look, everyone knows he's a good dude. But his PR skills are that of a 3rd grader. Sometimes, the guy has to learn to shut his mouth and play the game of basketball.

people create threads to bash lebron. whsts wrong with shedding light on this?
anyway, its the nba forum and this is nba realated, whats the problem?

Cal827
03-25-2012, 08:47 PM
LeBron still sells poison milk to school children...

Nah, that's me. My bad, I just really need to get rid of the poison and the government said this was the best option.... I've said too much! :ohno:

5ass
03-25-2012, 08:48 PM
lebron james is better than you

yanksrock
03-25-2012, 08:49 PM
Yeah okay I love him now.

Baller1
Finally Collison gets a call.

iliketurtles24
and, how many of you have left your hometown for better opportunities. stfu.

Baller1
03-25-2012, 08:50 PM
Westy. :love:

Canterbury
people create threads to bash lebron. whsts wrong with shedding light on this?
anyway, its the nba forum and this is nba realated, whats the problem?This is only NBA related because he's an NBA player...

Baller1
Three on Westbrook...

Baller1
03-25-2012, 08:51 PM
HAAAAAARDEN.

So perfect.

kingbrentg
03-25-2012, 08:52 PM
You're in the wrong thread

Baller1
03-25-2012, 08:53 PM

Shortys4711
I have always not been a big fan of Lebron, but for some reason Ive starter to come aorund a bit more this season and strangely enough I'm really starting to dislike Wade. I never thought I would see the day that I would like Lebron more then wade, but wade seems to be turning into such a punk the last couple of years. Anyone else had this thought?

Baller1
You're in the wrong thread

:laugh:

kingbrentg
03-25-2012, 08:54 PM

I should've just waited for you to notice :laugh2:

BALLER71
03-25-2012, 08:55 PM
38 year old adults think they know athletes. We don't know these people at all. To say one is bad or one is good just because of an image that is completely fabricated by the media is foolish.

k.smith904
03-25-2012, 08:55 PM
carolina should be bron bron's publicist.

ay bro next time he recycles a soda can or saves a ladybug let us know.

Baller1
03-25-2012, 08:57 PM
I should've just waited for you to notice :laugh2:

I didn't even realize you were talking to me at first. I don't know if I should be calling you an ******* or thanking you, haha.

iliketurtles24
03-25-2012, 08:58 PM
I have always not been a big fan of Lebron, but for some reason Ive starter to come aorund a bit more this season and strangely enough I'm really starting to dislike Wade. I never thought I would see the day that I would like Lebron more then wade, but wade seems to be turning into such a punk the last couple of years. Anyone else had this thought?

i agree with this, i used to love wade too.

smiddy012
03-25-2012, 09:01 PM
Lebron is clearly using a tragedy for means of political gain... HE DISGUSTS ME!!!

Bin Laden
03-25-2012, 09:17 PM
PR stunt!

turnaround3
03-25-2012, 09:23 PM
PR stunt!

Your opinion doesn't count. You're a dead person.

yanksrock
03-25-2012, 09:24 PM
Or not.

Southsideheat
03-25-2012, 09:27 PM
I could care less if lebron is a good or bad guy, I just think it's lame and will always think it's lame that the best player in the world feels he needs two top 20 players to win something.

MrfadeawayJB
03-25-2012, 09:34 PM
seems like a nice guy to me, people just hate him cause he is great. He will go down as the greatest player to never win a championship

BcEuAbRsS
03-25-2012, 09:36 PM
Lebron WILL win a ring with the Heat... And I'm a Bulls fan...

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-25-2012, 09:37 PM

I think with Wade it all started with that moronic comment that "if the Heat started losing games, it would be the 9/11 thing all over again and people would go crazy over it".

drew_ellis_23
03-25-2012, 09:38 PM
Yay another stupid like or dislike Lebron thread. I hate Lebron cause of dip ***** that have to make a thread like this. Every other thread on PSD is about why Lebron should or should not be liked? Who cares? Make a thread about the guy when he does something great on the court. Or just make one big Lebron thread and post all this random **** in there!

chicagocubsfan
03-25-2012, 09:41 PM
Hey Lebron tipped his waiter 25%!!! Let's make a thread about it!

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-25-2012, 09:46 PM
Hey Lebron tipped his waiter 25%!!! Let's make a thread about it!

UPDATED: Kobe just one upped LeBron again, tipping the same waiter of the same restaurant 26%!!!

mightymouse407
03-25-2012, 09:48 PM
i think he would have looked like a bigger douche if he didnt get up n take the pic its men serving are country he should honor them by letting them get a pic he did nothing special to me

TheIlladelph16
03-25-2012, 09:55 PM
I could care less if lebron is a good or bad guy, I just think it's lame and will always think it's lame that the best player in the world feels he needs two top 20 players to win something.

I agree to a certain extent.... He really did not need to play with Wade and Bosh to win a championship. In all fairness though, go through the last 10-20 years of NBA Champs. Those teams had more than one top 20 players that contributed to winning a championship.

chitown815
03-25-2012, 09:58 PM
Lebron WILL win a ring with the Heat... And I'm a Bulls fan...

I agree he will, he just needs to keep bidding on those rings on ebay, he cant keep losing all those auctions in the final 12 minutes

thekmp211
03-25-2012, 10:10 PM

right, and the point here is perspective. what matters more? pissing off sports fans? or honoring our servicemen and women in a genuine way? the point is, what says more about the persons character. i've always felt lebron has had his heart in the right place. at most, guilty of getting bad advice and trying to please too many people.

the irony is that, in terms of "moral fiber", lebron is probably 100x the man the goat mj is. but most people will never grasp that.

jammastershake
03-25-2012, 10:13 PM
This thread is so lolololol. Lebron's a piece of trash and will always be one, no matter how hard he fakes being a "decent" guy.

Shortys4711
03-25-2012, 10:15 PM
I agree he will, he just needs to keep bidding on those rings on ebay, he cant keep losing all those auctions in the final 12 minutes

lol

AddiX
03-25-2012, 10:30 PM
Its called being self aware, you thnknguys like tebow don't know the world is watching when he gets down on his knee? It's all about "hey look at me, I'm a god fearing man.

It's not different with lebron, only thing different is lebron is a fraud and just wants more sponsorship money and for people to like him, pictures with soldiers, all this nonsense about him loving kids, it's all part of the show.

topdog
03-25-2012, 10:39 PM
I really don't care. That's the point. I didn't give a flying Chinook where Lebron was going in free agency and I don't care about this. Don't get me wrong, good for him and thanks to the service men and women, but that doesn't change who he is as a player and a professional athlete.

Southsideheat
03-25-2012, 10:43 PM
I agree to a certain extent.... He really did not need to play with Wade and Bosh to win a championship. In all fairness though, go through the last 10-20 years of NBA Champs. Those teams had more than one top 20 players that contributed to winning a championship.

Yes but the heat have 3. For basketball sake, I hope the heat don't win a ship. It sets a bad precedent. It puts the heat in a bad position because they're supposed to win, and it puts the league in a bad position because teams and players think that collusion may be the quickest route to a championship.

Vincent33
03-25-2012, 10:52 PM
I never disliked LeBron, just thought he took the easy way out to go and play with his buddies in Miami rather than trying to take his own team to a title. I thought he took the easy way out.

He went where he felt he would be comfortable and have a chance to win a title, okay good for him. I don't dislike him for it, just wish he would WANT to win a title on HIS team, not by joining Wade's team.

I think he's a nice guy and does a lot of good things outside of the game.

sunsfan88
03-25-2012, 10:54 PM
Most people don't hate LeBron personally. People just hate him for the way he carries himself on the court.

Sadds The Gr8
03-25-2012, 11:07 PM
Finally Collison gets a call.

Westy. :love:

Three on Westbrook...

HAAAAAARDEN.

So perfect.

looooooooooooooooooooool

cssdmark
03-25-2012, 11:15 PM
That is a great story but I personally do not see a reason to hate Lebron James. I am a Knick fan and wish he would have went to New York but he did not, oh well he is still the best player in the NBA. I root against him because he is on Miami and only one team can come out of the East and obviously I want it to be New York. When I watch him on interviews he seems to be a real personable guy and I like him. Other people hate because they wish he was on their team and some do not want to admit that. Nice story.

thephoenixson28
03-25-2012, 11:17 PM
No one realizes, the so called "Decision" benefits went to some charities. Maybe he went all about it the wrong way, but benefited others. People don't realize that they never put good or great players around lebron. They should've traded for Amare Stoudemire when they had a chance. IMO that would've convinced lebron to stay .

ghettosean
03-25-2012, 11:26 PM
Yeah I used to love Wade... I also thought he was a better player than LBJ also but now I just hate them both with all the hoopla...

- Mocking Dirk last year in the finals for being sick (like WTF he can't help if he's sick)
- Preseason celebration of championships didn't make me love them either
- Both of them showboat a lot when they are winning games
- Heck I even hate there pretend fighting before games
- There press conferences after every single regular season game last year killed me as well ****ing camera whores

The list goes on...

chitown815
03-25-2012, 11:28 PM
No one realizes, the so called "Decision" benefits went to some charities. Maybe he went all about it the wrong way, but benefited others. People don't realize that they never put good or great players around lebron. They should've traded for Amare Stoudemire when they had a chance. IMO that would've convinced lebron to stay .

Everyone knows the bs boys club charity thing, to be fair he was just being a good friend to dwight howard most of the kids in those boys clubs were 99.9% his

homestarunner93
03-25-2012, 11:34 PM
Your post will fall on deaf ears, OP. People are still jealous that LeBron chose the Heat over their teams or something like that. I think it is hilarious because he was a free agent, and had every damn right to go wherever he wanted. Go LeBron.

PHX2daDEATH
03-25-2012, 11:38 PM
Yeah okay.. Soldiers go crazy and kill 16 unarmed civilians including 9 children..hmmm am I supposed to like Lebron because he posed for a picture with them? PULEAZEE.

John Walls Era
03-25-2012, 11:41 PM
I actually don't care what Lebron and Bosh did to their old teams, but taking a few photos won't change the heart of millions of people.

ghettosean
03-25-2012, 11:42 PM
Your post will fall on deaf ears, OP. People are still jealous that LeBron chose the Heat over their teams or something like that. I think it is hilarious because he was a free agent, and had every damn right to go wherever he wanted. Go LeBron.
I'm a Toronto Raptors fan so I never thought LBJ would come here so I have no reason to hate him for the team he choose but him dissing the entire NBA fan base after losing the finals well I have beef with that and posing for a few pictures with service men isn't making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside based on his past statements and actions like also mocking another teams superstar on national television in the finals as well.

I read the story but things that Lebron has done he has done good or bad.

rapjuicer06
03-25-2012, 11:55 PM
Lebron is so hated for ridiculous reasons. He's a good guy, just did ONE thing that wasn't very smart

Marlin234
03-26-2012, 12:17 AM

So we can only make threads about Lebron if they are bashing him? Smh.. If it bothered you so much then don't open the thread and wait for the ones that are talking ****. And then you and every other person on his dick can have your hate circle jerk.

mjt20mik
03-26-2012, 12:53 AM
He made one bad decision that I'm sure he regrets heavily. And even so, that decision did raise a whole lot of money for charity. In hindsight, he really is a good dude. Wish people didn't bash on him as much as they do, but it is what it is.

dodie53
03-26-2012, 01:04 AM
gotta love lebron there

raiderfaninTX
03-26-2012, 02:39 AM
and, how many of you have left your hometown for better opportunities. stfu.

That would require people on here to be able to understand what success is so that statement probably falls on mostly deaf ears

raiderfaninTX
03-26-2012, 02:40 AM
Yeah okay.. Soldiers go crazy and kill 16 unarmed civilians including 9 children..hmmm am I supposed to like Lebron because he posed for a picture with them? PULEAZEE.

really you should be banned just on the basis of pure stupidity

Miami Heat
03-26-2012, 02:49 AM
people are actually hating lebron for this???

lebron seems like a nice guy, and this story backs that up....yes, the decision was a bad idea but he had good intentions (donating to the boys and girls club).

tbh I think more than half the people that hate lebron don't really have a reason to hate him and are just jumping on the lebron hate bandwagon.

5ass
03-26-2012, 02:57 AM
UPDATED: Kobe just one upped LeBron again, tipping the same waiter of the same restaurant 26%!!!

did he also rape her? lol

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-26-2012, 03:03 AM
did he also rape her? lol

Waiter, not waitress.

5ass
03-26-2012, 03:07 AM
Waiter, not waitress.

damn my joke failed, i read waitress for some reason.

theLgndKllr35
03-26-2012, 03:23 AM
He traveled.

krazylegz
03-26-2012, 03:47 AM
didnt lebron once smack an infant with a puppy?

javaid64
03-26-2012, 04:13 AM
i didnt know taking picture with people taught to kill other people and take thier freedom away as well as reap benefits from them is supposed to make me think better of him...

ChrisSabo17
03-26-2012, 05:58 AM
Still a douche!

ChrisSabo17
03-26-2012, 06:00 AM

lebron seems like a nice guy, and this story backs that up....yes, the decision was a bad idea but he had good intentions (donating to the boys and girls club).

tbh I think more than half the people that hate lebron don't really have a reason to hate him and are just jumping on the lebron hate bandwagon.

Says the guy with the member name Miami Heat! He is a douche. He spit on his home town.

Doogolas
03-26-2012, 07:23 AM
Does anyone actually think he's a bad guy? He's an idiot and makes an ******* of himself constantly, but it's not like he doesn't seem like a cool guy.

I mean, I would never want to hang out with Kobe, he's probably a legitimately giant *******. But I respect the hell out of him. LeBron makes an idiot of himself, but I bet he's an absolute blast to hang out with. What I hate about LeBron James is as a player, not a human being.

MagicHero3
03-26-2012, 07:24 AM
ur doing such a hard job defending him, it doesnt make me like him or dislike him any less.

NY007
03-26-2012, 07:44 AM
Look I personally can't stand Lebron, I hate what he did to Cleveland. I can't stand the way he has acted on the court or in a pep rally with Miami. All that said, I've never thought that he was a evil person.

Blitzbolt
03-26-2012, 10:35 AM
I'm from South Florida and he does alot for the community even though I'm not a Heat fan I appreciated.

No one is perfect .

sep11ie
03-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Nope, still easy to hate.

bledrules
03-26-2012, 11:24 AM
LBJ is a piece of garbage
He and Kobe Bryant have destroyed the NBA because of their ego's
They are both *******s and the world would be a much better place without either of them

He115ing
03-26-2012, 11:37 AM
Bull crap propaganda article. I still remember, how during the summer games Lebron dunked the ball and completely ignored a fan who was trying to high five him like a foot away from him. He is a dick

He115ing
03-26-2012, 11:38 AM
LBJ is a piece of garbage
He and Kobe Bryant have destroyed the NBA because of their ego's
They are both *******s and the world would be a much better place without either of them

I have more respect for Kobe. At least he does not pretend to be a good guy. And he shaved his head when he was going bald!!!

bledrules
03-26-2012, 11:40 AM
I have more respect for Kobe. At least he does not pretend to be a good guy. And he shaved his head when he was going bald!!!
True enough and at least Kobe has won something but his ego is just too much and he's nowhere close to being as bad as LBJ

Muttman73
03-26-2012, 11:41 AM
Nice move on his part, still hate him

Heater4life
03-26-2012, 11:44 AM
I love Lebron as a basketball player, I can care less what people think of him as a person.

THE_FLASH_21
03-26-2012, 11:46 AM

LOL hahahahahahahhahahahah:laugh:

raiderfaninTX
03-26-2012, 12:01 PM
i didnt know taking picture with people taught to kill other people and take thier freedom away as well as reap benefits from them is supposed to make me think better of him...

HAHA go to Afghanistan once and tell me what freedoms Americans took away

maybe he should take pictures with people who choose to blow them selves up, burn their women alive, or dip their children in boiling water to punish them. Maybe you should go talk to Iraqis how life was when Saddam was there Because I have, or maybe talk to the Afghans who live in areas where the Taliban is not in control and ask them the difference

I went to Iraq and Afghanistan as a medic so please educate me on what benefits did I reap from those people because I would like to know.

Or are you just some ignorant child talking about things you know nothing about? I hope so because if your an adult I pity your kids or future children

ThePooH_1_
03-26-2012, 12:03 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMJuRlCmZP8

raiderfaninTX
03-26-2012, 12:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMJuRlCmZP8

Thats ****ing awful editing I assume some guy who lives in his mothers basement made this.

Wow guy makes a video about this but doesn't complain how much of his money went to save millionairess when they got caught ripping people off shows where his priorities are.

The truth hurts and to be mad because people do have to go back to their lives at the end of the day is funny. That's why people like that will never taste success they will eventually hit a ceiling because some how its wrong for someone to point out the truth to people.

Also Tim Tebow made the exact same statement during the season I guess he is a POS now and a horrible person.

72 Wins
03-26-2012, 12:46 PM
Yo, that's a good thing that Lebron did. It is what it is.

Birdmannn
03-26-2012, 01:08 PM
Solid guy.

ManRam
03-26-2012, 01:11 PM
I genuinely think he's a good guy. He always was incredibly charitable, humble, polite, soft-spoken and very community-oriented basically before the decision...and then perception started to trump reality, and the reality of the matter did change slightly.

It's well-documented how charitable he is, and I genuinely think he cares. It's easy to hate him, but that doesn't mean everything he does is for the wrong intentions. I don't think he does this stuff for PR...because I don't think he cares about the PR anymore...

He's under a microscope. Everything he does that's "good" can just be chalked off as PR stunts...and every little thing he does can be blown out of proportion. Like that one time he didn't high-five a kid...a lot of people make that out to be him being the spawn of Satan...when in reality I'm sure every player has rejected a high-five once in their life. I've even done it, I must be evil.

semmler11
03-26-2012, 01:11 PM
lebron is the man

shizzle09
03-26-2012, 01:12 PM

oh you mean the one that raised a few million dollars for the boy and girls clubs which has helped build many "new" clubs all over the country? It's you non lebron fans and heat haters that wont let "The Decision" go. I'm pretty sure the little kids that play in the "New" clubs Lebron helped build dont see it the way you do and im sure thats all that matters to Lebron. You're one of the BIGGEST Heat haters I've seen on this site. Let it go kid. It was only an hour show that was a few years ago. I get it though. You just love to hate since your laker run is over

If you need some reminding of what "The Decision" did here ya go.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?page=wulf-110708

theDOC
03-26-2012, 01:21 PM
he's a good kid, and that's a very respectable thing for him to do.

people don't like him because they don't want to like him. they expected him to be Jordan-esk and win championships with Cleveland and he left the team, and people found reasons to take shots at him for the reasons he did it.

I always tell my grandson: it's not easy when everyone thinks you are the greatest NBA player in the league, but it's harder when you think you are the greatest NBA player in the league. he has a big ego for a reason, but he's done a lot of good with his platform and money, and he's a good kid.

yanks19791024
03-26-2012, 01:45 PM
Still dont like him:D

ghettosean
03-26-2012, 02:03 PM
Everyone who hates Lebron hates him for "Basketball reasons" no one hates him because they think he eats puppies or something on his own time. Lebron is a good guy! I've never heard anyone say otherwise EVER!!! People hate him for the stupid PR things he does:

1. The decision

2. Preseason celebration and promise of championships (5,6,7 while dancing around on stage)

3. Mocking NBA fan base in NBA finals last year

4. He PROMISED Cleveland that he would never leave till he won a championship and he took off to win the easy way

4a.He also PROMISED Cleveland multiple championships like he did for Miami and pretty much spit in there face on national TV

5. This guy has started so much **** that he even pissed off one of his biggest fans right before the season began (this is during the lockout and this guy LOVES Lebron but can't stand his stupid PR moves).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUGbq6v8tIk

6. Mocking the other teams superstar in Dirk

7. Having a press conference after every single game last year

8. He even recently said he wants to return to Cleveland while he's playing for another team.

The list goes on dude is annoying if you watch basketball but if you look at him as a person.... Just Lebron James he's a good kid but dude needs to shut the **** up and play ball and honestly for the most part this year that is what he's been doing and I've been fairly impressed.

When it comes to PR he creates his own problems like shown above and who you gonna blame for that haters :rolleyes: Don't give anyone any ammo I've been saying this for years just shut the **** up and play ball. It's all basketball guys no one hates him for anything else so lets not get it twisted too twisted.

Dude is a good guy just a moron when it comes to PR.

P.S

D-Wade hasn't been too impressive either this year with his tweet: Loyalty!!! HAHHAHAHA!!!

lakerboy
03-26-2012, 02:16 PM
he's a good kid, and that's a very respectable thing for him to do.

people don't like him because they don't want to like him. they expected him to be Jordan-esk and win championships with Cleveland and he left the team, and people found reasons to take shots at him for the reasons he did it.

I always tell my grandson: it's not easy when everyone thinks you are the greatest NBA player in the league, but it's harder when you think you are the greatest NBA player in the league. he has a big ego for a reason, but he's done a lot of good with his platform and money, and he's a good kid.

People expected Lebron to be Jordan-esk because he started all this hype coming out of high school and called himself "The King." HE said we are all witnesses and promised 8 championships to Miami.

He did this to himself, really.

lakerboy
03-26-2012, 02:18 PM

Did you really think Lebron's intentions were to give to the boys and girls club?

tapajafri
03-26-2012, 02:22 PM

Ummmm maybe you're one of the very very very few laker fans that doesn't constantly bash lebron or think he's a bad person and props to you for that. But there have been a TON of people that have said things so disgraceful about Lebron and that includes him being a "bad person." Where have u been lately? Many people have said he's a bad person, and much worse. He's never in trouble with the law, is known to be a respectable family man, has done nice deeds in the past such as give kids his shoes the other month. Meanwhile you have Kobe Bryant who has been accused of cheating on his wife more than just once. You have Michael Vick who was a dog killer as well. Yet Lebron is more hated because he left a joke of a franchise in Cleveland to go play? Just goes to show how society's morals are a little confused.

AddiX
03-26-2012, 02:30 PM
You guys think bron is a good dude for this?

SMH this the same clown that sold out to do an insurance commercial, but to make sure he didn't look like a complete sell out and a fraud, he made sure at the end of the commercial there was some bs about kids.

Did the same crap when he did "the decision".

It's called being self aware. These athletes are so stupid that they don't know when they do things for the kids, country, god, that it doesn't reflect well on them.

naps
03-26-2012, 02:30 PM
LeBron is one of the best human beings in the league. Dude pays tribute where it's due, doesn't cheat, and plays hard.

Regardless, some people will keep hating on him:

1. Because he's the best on the planet. One insecure fanbase spend 24/7 here just because he's by far the greatest on the planet.

2. Because he didn't pick their teams in 2010 (Basically applies for two franchises, I don't need to mention, too easy).

3. Only cavs fans' hate is justified, not because of the decision but because it's usual.

naps
03-26-2012, 02:35 PM
And I didn't read a post on this thread before my previous post above. Now, I just skimmed over some pages and it seems like I nailed it with the reasons.

ATLPRIMETIME21
03-26-2012, 07:50 PM
As a member of the United States Armed Forces it is always good to hear a story like this. But when I was stationed at Eglin AFB last year and the Miami Heat did their training camp there it was an entirely different story. We were all invited to come and take pics and get autographs with the Heat one day before and after their practice at the base gym. Well I took my wife and kids up there to take pictures with possibly the best players to play the game (him and wade). Well long story short Lebron pretty much blew off everyone Wade didnt sign more than 3 autographs but CB4 was very cool. Me and my family actually sat and talked with James Jones for about 30 minutes. He actually was explaining to my wife how is wife decorated their babies room. After it was all said and done the general consensus on base was just as advertised (Lebron is a dick and now you can include Wade and even Eddie House who acted like he was hurt so he didnt have to sign autographs

Sactown
03-26-2012, 11:34 PM
Lebron James is such a great role model.

Sactown
03-26-2012, 11:36 PM
As a member of the United States Armed Forces it is always good to hear a story like this. But when I was stationed at Eglin AFB last year and the Miami Heat did their training camp there it was an entirely different story. We were all invited to come and take pics and get autographs with the Heat one day before and after their practice at the base gym. Well I took my wife and kids up there to take pictures with possibly the best players to play the game (him and wade). Well long story short Lebron pretty much blew off everyone Wade didnt sign more than 3 autographs but CB4 was very cool. Me and my family actually sat and talked with James Jones for about 30 minutes. He actually was explaining to my wife how is wife decorated their babies room. After it was all said and done the general consensus on base was just as advertised (Lebron is a dick and now you can include Wade and even Eddie House who acted like he was hurt so he didnt have to sign autographs
You also have to understand, that this was one day for you, as Lebron has people clamoring for him every second of every day. Who knows for how many hours they were with the fans. It's impossible for 2 of the most popular athletes in the world to appease everyone at once

ATLPRIMETIME21
03-26-2012, 11:55 PM
You also have to understand, that this was one day for you, as Lebron has people clamoring for him every second of every day. Who knows for how many hours they were with the fans. It's impossible for 2 of the most popular athletes in the world to appease everyone at once

Had it been a one day thing yea I would understand but actually it was a week long event and they pretty much avoided the fans the entire week. Out of my entire sqaudron one guy was lucky enough to get an autograph from him and thats only because stole a security vest and went where the fans werent allowed to go

NoahH
03-27-2012, 12:15 AM
What a great guy :D

LA_Raiders
03-27-2012, 01:17 AM
Good guy at times, but he is still an *******...

Cubby
03-27-2012, 01:41 AM
Good guy at times, but he is still an *******...

This.

Cubby
03-27-2012, 01:47 AM
oh you mean the one that raised a few million dollars for the boy and girls clubs which has helped build many "new" clubs all over the country? It's you non lebron fans and heat haters that wont let "The Decision" go. I'm pretty sure the little kids that play in the "New" clubs Lebron helped build dont see it the way you do and im sure thats all that matters to Lebron. You're one of the BIGGEST Heat haters I've seen on this site. Let it go kid. It was only an hour show that was a few years ago. I get it though. You just love to hate since your laker run is over

Pretty sure all that money went to that local Connecticut BAGC, which is already a rich town and really didn't need the money. Could be wrong though, so don't flame me over it.

Look, I like what LeBron did here as a future military officer and as a person, but one thing doesn't change anything for me. I've thought he was a douchebag ever since he was in Cleveland and took on the name "The King," so don't take it like I don't admire the guy just because he's a member of the Miami Heat.

The Final Boss
03-27-2012, 02:01 AM
Another poorly constructed publicity stunt. Kinda like the hoodie thing where the troubled teenager's troubled life is bringing to light that he was a ****ed up druggie with an assault record who beat his killer?

Raph12
03-27-2012, 02:20 AM
If it wasn't for this guy's off-court stuff making him look good, he'd be a scrub...

ghettosean
03-27-2012, 02:56 AM
Another poorly constructed publicity stunt. Kinda like the hoodie thing where the troubled teenager's troubled life is bringing to light that he was a ****ed up druggie with an assault record who beat his his killer?
That's messed up didn't know the guy was a druggy and beat his killer. Sounds like he had it coming and not the victim he's being paraded around as. I just started reading about it after seeing your post this is what NBC news has been saying as of just a few hours ago...

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/26/10868250-thousands-march-in-protest-to-florida-hearing-on-trayvon-martin-slaying

But yes this may be another thing to add to poor PR stunts for Lebron... Him and the Heat could have just left this as an unsolved case for the police to take care of but they had to do there hoodie stunt to draw attention to themselves. He's opened himself up to questions now about this without knowing all the facts... I do think his heart was in the right place but dude just needs to shut up and play ball and everything will take care of itself.

C-Style
03-27-2012, 03:17 AM
just a PR move, trying to repair his image

shep33
03-27-2012, 03:28 AM
Lebron is a Russian spy

SportsAndrew25
03-27-2012, 03:38 AM
Classy move by Lebron.

albertc86
03-27-2012, 04:07 AM
"Hey, come take a picture with me, I'm LeBron James"... Great deed or egomaniac? A great service would be bringing the troops back home.

Kenny Powders
03-27-2012, 08:09 AM
:yawn:

Theres probably numerous stories of numerous athletes doing things like this. He is still a douche in my mind, and thats all that matters to me.

raiderfaninTX
03-27-2012, 08:42 AM
sorry bro, but the raiders suck dick and traded their whole draft for a 32 year old declining qb. kobe has more rings than the raiders whole franchise has in their whole history lol. :laugh2::laugh2:

Someones mad LOL

raiderfaninTX
03-27-2012, 08:46 AM

Well the fact that you feel entitled for something you volunteered to do is kind of a dick mentality. just sayin

pebloemer
03-27-2012, 08:52 AM
I've never thought of LeBron as a "bad person."

He's just strikes me as oblivious at times.
He has a massive ego, which isn't a surprise at all considering he is the best basketball player in the world and he's been surrounded by attention and money since high school.

The combination of those things, exemplified by travesties like "The Decision" will always make him "unlikeable."

LongIslandIcedZ
03-27-2012, 09:06 AM
I dont dislike Lebron the person. Honestly, he'd probably be a cool guy to go out and get beer with it. He just needs to think before he talks at times.

ghettosean
03-27-2012, 12:28 PM
Well the fact that you feel entitled for something you volunteered to do is kind of a dick mentality. just sayin
I'm not sure I understand your point he was invited to come and get autographs and pictures with The Miami Heat while they were using the base facilities for 1 week and Wade and Bron ditched everyone. I'm not sure I understand your volunteer argument?!? Or what that has to do with anything.

If Lebron invited you to take a picture with him at your house for using your basketball net and he just played and ditched you I think you would think the same thing as the poster you quoted.

WSU Tony
03-27-2012, 01:47 PM
Some of you are so short-sided it's rediculous. I'm guessing it's the same group on here which makes split second decisions without knowing or seeking out facts before hand.

To those of you, I truly am sorry.

vdv36
03-27-2012, 02:00 PM
:puke:

topdog
03-27-2012, 02:16 PM

I'm pretty sure everyone knows that proceeds went to charity, but here is what a lot of fans have a problem with:
1. He dumped his hometown on national t.v.
2. He went the egotistical route (whether intentional or not) and decided he was the first player in the history of the league worthy of an hour special for his free agency decision
3. The HEAT trio stating that they would win not 1, not 2, not 3.... championships

Then, there are people like me who:
1. Don't like the hype and special treatment he's gotten on the court since day 1 (when he was allowed to simply run over players and get free throws)
2. Don't like superstar calls
3. Don't care for superstar attitudes
4. Find Lebron's need to be liked off-putting

BALLER R
03-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Raptors have military jerserys classy move, check mate.

ghettosean
03-27-2012, 02:35 PM
Raptors have military jerserys classy move, check mate.
:laugh2:
Damn right we are the real hero's here!

krazylegz
03-27-2012, 02:56 PM
wish i could find a link,but i remember reading that he left a 10 DOLLAR TIP for an 800 DOLLAR BILL at a cleveland steakhouse.....iam sure if you google it,it will show up somewhere.....hes a wiener,straight up

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-27-2012, 03:37 PM

I don't hate the Heat, I dislike the Heat because they feel entitled to winning 7 championships and getting calls from the refs for every play. But that's besides the point.

Why couldn't LeBron just donate some of his own millions of dollars to the Boys and Girls Club? Wouldn't that be a more noble thing to do. Seems to me it was another PR move while being a simultaneous dick for LeBron. It's not his fault, he's just surrounded by knuckleheads aka his high school and childhood buddies.

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-27-2012, 03:38 PM
wish i could find a link,but i remember reading that he left a 10 DOLLAR TIP for an 800 DOLLAR BILL at a cleveland steakhouse.....iam sure if you google it,it will show up somewhere.....hes a wiener,straight up

You don't base someone's character off of how much they tip. Not the strongest argument there in my opinion.

ATLPRIMETIME21
03-27-2012, 06:03 PM
I'm not sure I understand your point he was invited to come and get autographs and pictures with The Miami Heat while they were using the base facilities for 1 week and Wade and Bron ditched everyone. I'm not sure I understand your volunteer argument?!? Or what that has to do with anything.

If Lebron invited you to take a picture with him at your house for using your basketball net and he just played and ditched you I think you would think the same thing as the poster you quoted.

Wow you are the first person to see where I was coming from with my post. Never in my 10 year career in the military have I ever felt entitled to anything special just for serving my country. It was a decision I made and I am proud of what I do. But hey thanks for seeing where I was coming from

jbeezy
03-27-2012, 06:16 PM
It was pretty cool what he did but hes still a prick.

Rndy
03-27-2012, 07:49 PM
According to my buddy after that he pinched a baby.

ATLPRIMETIME21
03-27-2012, 07:54 PM
according to my buddy after that he pinched a baby.

lmao

DaBear
03-27-2012, 10:28 PM
PR..nothing more

justinnum1
03-27-2012, 10:31 PM
PR..nothing more

Yea, its always Pr when lebron does something nice:rolleyes:

Its also good PR that it wasn't reported until 3 weeks after:rolleyes:

Birdmannn
03-28-2012, 03:45 AM
Yea, its always Pr when lebron does something nice:rolleyes:

Its also good PR that it wasn't reported until 3 weeks after:rolleyes:

Nope that would make it bad.:p

nate2usmc
03-28-2012, 11:31 AM
Other than the distasteful way he left Cleveland and guaranteed titles, I can't dislike him for anything else. It's clear the guy has good intentions not just with this one event. If anything, The Decision fiasco should be blamed on his reps' ill-advising him. If I weren't a Knicks fan, I'd be rooting for him to win atleast a ring.

Ebbs
03-28-2012, 01:19 PM
I have never hated him. I fought viciously against his haters most of the last 2 years, and even in the finals when he had a poor performance I stuck up for him against for my favorite team.

He honestly seems like a good guy from multiple sources, and I do hope he wins 3-4 times in his career.

E.O.21
03-28-2012, 02:31 PM
PR..nothing more

Hater

GOON MUSIC
03-28-2012, 02:43 PM
Hated LeBron pre south beach, loved him after ... Loved him because he was a scumbag in so many people's eyes

chicago lulz
03-28-2012, 02:52 PM
Wow you are the first person to see where I was coming from with my post. Never in my 10 year career in the military have I ever felt entitled to anything special just for serving my country. It was a decision I made and I am proud of what I do. But hey thanks for seeing where I was coming from

Thanks for your service. I understood where you were coming from.
I think the person who replied negatively felt entitled to, because he served as well...

Anyways, if you ever want to take a picture with me, I'm all for it because I'm just a good dude.

Birdmannn
03-28-2012, 03:01 PM
Thanks for your service. I understood where you were coming from.
I think the person who replied negatively felt entitled to, because he served as well...

Anyways, if you ever want to take a picture with me, I'm all for it because I'm just a good dude.

Are you massively rich and famous? Do you have people running at you wanting a picture everytime you appear in public?

Slightly different:D

chicago lulz
03-28-2012, 03:05 PM
Are you massively rich and famous? Do you have people running at you wanting a picture everytime you appear in public?

Slightly different:D

:sigh: no...

but I'm still a good guy, I swear!

Birdmannn
03-28-2012, 03:08 PM
:sigh: no...

but I'm still a good guy, I swear!

I will have to take your word for it then.

Im still a little weary from your name and sig, I cheer for the Heat and LBJ and most Chicago and Rose fans wanna pummel me for it.:p

chicago lulz
03-28-2012, 03:59 PM
I will have to take your word for it then.

Im still a little weary from your name and sig, I cheer for the Heat and LBJ and most Chicago and Rose fans wanna pummel me for it.:p

haha
As long as you make educated posts and aren't constantly baiting (so opposite of dnewguy), you will find no desire to pummel from my end. I assure you my sig was chosen purely because of Rose's expression, although LBJs face makes me smile because he genuinely looks as excited as a kid in a candy store.

Birdmannn
03-28-2012, 04:18 PM
haha
As long as you make educated posts and aren't constantly baiting (so opposite of dnewguy), you will find no desire to pummel from my end. I assure you my sig was chosen purely because of Rose's expression, although LBJs face makes me smile because he genuinely looks as excited as a kid in a candy store.

Its funny that Lebron generally enjoys his life so much and I love how Rose takes everything so serious at such a young age I wish every player was like him.
Nah I'm not biased I love the NBA for basketball not for a team or the city they're in.

chicago lulz
03-28-2012, 04:52 PM
Its funny that Lebron generally enjoys his life so much and I love how Rose takes everything so serious at such a young age I wish every player was like him.
Nah I'm not biased I love the NBA for basketball not for a team or the city they're in.

Neither were wrong for acting the way they did. Just being yourself. If you want to dance, as the great Men Without Hats said "We can dance if we want to", if you want to take it seriously, by all means.

If players were all like Rose, we would have no lol's at JaVale McGee-like antics.

A+ in my book, man. I thought you were a Denver fan with the username Birdmannnn

Birdmannn
03-28-2012, 05:05 PM
Neither were wrong for acting the way they did. Just being yourself. If you want to dance, as the great Men Without Hats said "We can dance if we want to", if you want to take it seriously, by all means.

If players were all like Rose, we would have no lol's at JaVale McGee-like antics.

A+ in my book, man. I thought you were a Denver fan with the username Birdmannnn

While most laugh at those silly antics I feel bad for fans that have those players on their teams.

Close when I first started watching BBall maybe in the early 2000's he was the craziest looking white guy out there so I use it still for sites like these and PSN

ATLPRIMETIME21
03-28-2012, 06:13 PM
[QUOTE=Birdmannn;21531042]While most laugh at those silly antics I feel bad for fans that have those players on their teams.

Close when I first started watching BBall maybe in the early 2000's he was the craziest looking white guy out there so I use it still for sites like these and PSN[/QUO

I think everybody likes the Birdman and if you dont then their is something wrong. I definitely like Lebron as a player but I am an Atlanta Hawks fan and always have been so while I still watch every team play I am always a little biased toward the hawks

ATLPRIMETIME21
03-30-2012, 08:51 PM

Javale McGee might be the dumbset NBA player in the league

WeaponXXX
03-30-2012, 09:03 PM
He went the extra mile but he still travelled.