PDA

View Full Version : The Houston Rockets have a great ability to make some serviceable PG

kjoke
03-25-2012, 12:03 PM
Two years ago, they had Aaron Brooks who was a surprise player going for 19 and 5. He gets injured and never becomes the same player, Lowry steps up and becomes and even better player, then Lowry goes out and Dragic comes in and becomes really serviceable too.

Props to the organization for finding diamonds in the rough late in the draft or by trade.

Iron24th
03-25-2012, 01:32 PM
Dragic was already pretty good in phoenix.

LTBaByyy
03-25-2012, 01:41 PM
All 3 of those PGs were good in college or before coming to Rockets so I don't think its the Rockets all the way that gets credit

VRP723
03-25-2012, 01:44 PM
All 3 of those PGs were good in college or before coming to Rockets so I don't think its the Rockets all the way that gets credit

As opposed to those guys that make the NBA that were just terrible in college.

LTBaByyy
03-25-2012, 01:49 PM

Nobody terrible in college has made the NBA! Are you serious?

There's a lot of guys that were at small colleges and didn't even get talked about but they were still good at basketball there

Rivera
03-25-2012, 01:52 PM

Nobody terrible in college has made the NBA? Are you serious?

There's a lot of guys that were at small colleges and didn't even get talked about but they were still good at basketball there

So if you go to a small college you were terrible player in college? WHAT???????

HouRealCoach
03-25-2012, 01:57 PM
Tpo bad they missed out on Lin

LTBaByyy
03-25-2012, 01:58 PM
I said no one that was terrible in college has made the NBA and became good!!!!!

There a lot of small college guys that became good in the NBA but they are good in college

I have never seen someone that is terrible in college make the NBA

What do NBA scouts go on if they are terrible? Because most likely they don't play if they are terrible

Baldyy
03-25-2012, 01:58 PM

:facepalm:

LTBaByyy
03-25-2012, 02:00 PM
Give me names!!! Someone that was terrible in college that became good in the NBA!

Every single person in the NBA was at least decent in college, overseas, or high school (older guys)

If you are terrible in college, you don't get minutes

Baldyy
03-25-2012, 02:01 PM
Give me names!!! Someone that was terrible in college that became good in the NBA!

Every single person in the NBA was good in college, overseas, or high school (older guys)

Rivera
03-25-2012, 02:03 PM
Russell westbrook and jrue holliday were only okay in college...they turned out to be damn good pros

What about rondo? He wasnt even good that good at kentucky and hes a top 5 top 10 pg

Loltbaby

dolfan720
03-25-2012, 02:04 PM

damnn true that

VRP723
03-25-2012, 02:06 PM
You misunderstood my comment. You said "All three were good in college...". My comment was that everyone in the NBA was good in college. To the Rondo comments, he went 12, 6, 5 and 2 his sophomore year, he was certainly good, not a superstar, but he wasn't not good.

LTBaByyy
03-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Westbrook, Holliday, and Rondo were not terrible in college!!!!

They wouldn't be picked in the first round if they did terrible

Baldyy

Every single person in the NBA was at least decent in college, overseas, or high school (older guys)

VRP was being sarcastic mayne, you're just confirming what he was trying to say in his post, but you are using a lotttt more words to get your point across.

Rivera
Gilbert arenas or carlos boozer werent even great in college either...thats why both went in the 2nd round

What about deron williams? He wasnt even the best player on illinois when he was there it was luther head and dee brown

Silent
03-25-2012, 02:09 PM

Gilbert Arenas

Reggie Williams

Manu Ginobili

Michael Redd

Nick Van Exel

Mehmet Okur

Monta Ellis

Sam Young

Jeremy Lin

Just to name a Few

LTBaByyy
Everybody in the NBA was atleast decent (big schools) or great (small schools) at their college

No one was terrible, there are no "Matt Cassel's" in the NBA

FraziersKnicks
I just think the Rockers aren't afraid to give some of these young PG's a chance. Dragic was already considered a solid prospect in Phoenix, same with Lowry in Memphis.

Their per36 numbers haven't fluctuated too much from their previous teams to the Rockets, they're just actually seeing the court more.

Rivera
03-25-2012, 02:10 PM
Westbrook, Holliday, and Rondo were not terrible in college!!!!

They wouldn't be picked in the first round if they did terrible

Westbrook and holliday were both RAW they just had potential...they both barely averaged over 10 ppg

And rondo was a late 1st...he wasnt even that good in kentucky

Keep failing

VRP723
03-25-2012, 02:12 PM
I'm not an NBA fan I just came in here to joke around, but someone said Sam Young wasn't good in college? He went 20 and 7 his senior season.

LTBaByyy
Gilbert Arenas

Reggie Williams

Manu Ginobili

Michael Redd

Nick Van Exel

Mehmet Okur

Monta Ellis

Sam Young

Jeremy Lin

Just to name a Few

The first person I looked up from your list Reggie Williams led the NCAA in scoring two times!!!!!!!!

He was not terrible in college :facepalm:

Rivera
Gilbert Arenas

Reggie Williams

Manu Ginobili
didnt play college ball in the states

Michael Redd

Nick Van Exel

Mehmet Okur
same as ginobili

Monta Ellis
came straight outta highschool no college ball

Sam Young

Jeremy Lin

Just to name a Few

Sorry i had to nit pick those 3.... lin was alright in college no one heard of him cause of harvard

LTBaByyy
03-25-2012, 02:18 PM
Gilbert Arenas

Reggie Williams

Manu Ginobili

Michael Redd

Nick Van Exel

Mehmet Okur

Monta Ellis

Sam Young

Jeremy Lin

Just to name a Few

The 2nd person I looked up from your list Sam Young averaged 19 points and was a 3rd team All American at Pitt!!!!!! He was not terrible in college :facepalm:

I have proved 2 cases and it was the first 2 people I looked up from your list!

No one in the NBA that came from college was terrible in college

Hulk6
03-25-2012, 02:23 PM
lol sam young was a beast at pitt

Rivera
03-25-2012, 02:26 PM
The 2nd person I looked up from your list Sam Young averaged 19 points and was a 3rd team All American at Pitt!!!!!! He was not terrible in college :facepalm:

I have proved 2 cases and it was the first 2 people I looked up from your list!

No one in the NBA that came from college was terrible in college

But your quote about bad college players who turned out to be good pros was proved wrong so i dont know why your still bragging

kjoke
03-25-2012, 02:31 PM
I love how Off topic this went. VRP was being sarcastic, because you said that all three were good and college and he responds by saying that you pretty much have to be good in college to even make it into the nba.

LTBaByyy
03-25-2012, 02:35 PM
But your quote about bad college players who turned out to be good pros was proved wrong so i dont know why your still bragging

How was I proved wrong????? You said Rondo wasn't good for avg only 10 points at Kentucky, playing with All Americans

Michael Kidd Gilchrist is projected to be the #2 pick in the heavy talented draft, only avg 11 points per game also playing with All Americans! I guess he is bad to you too going by your logic

astrosmaniac
03-25-2012, 02:48 PM
If these players were so good before Andthe rockets don't deserve the credit, then why did we get them for nothing. Brooks was 26th overall, we got Lowry for Rafer freaking Alston, and we got dragic plus a first for brooks. Give credit where it's due, morey is probably the best scouting/talent evaluating GM in the league.

Iodine
03-25-2012, 02:50 PM
This thread :laugh:

Rivera
03-25-2012, 02:56 PM

How was I proved wrong????? You said Rondo wasn't good for avg only 10 points at Kentucky, playing with All Americans

Michael Kidd Gilchrist is projected to be the #2 pick in the heavy talented draft, only avg 11 points per game also playing with All Americans! I guess he is bad to you too going by your logic

Comparing kidd gilchrist playing with 2 all americans =/= comparing rondo who didnt play with 2 all americans and a completley different position when kentucky was at a down period

Yea you sure proved me wrong!

HouRealCoach
03-25-2012, 03:26 PM
Gilbert Arenas

Reggie Williams

Manu Ginobili

Michael Redd

Nick Van Exel

Mehmet Okur

Monta Ellis

Sam Young

Jeremy Lin

Just to name a Few

You have to be kidding me...

Reggie WIlliams was one of the best player of the 00s decade stats wise averaging 28, 10, & 4 as a senior and 28, 8, & 4 as a junior & both years he shot over 50%

justinnum1
03-25-2012, 03:27 PM

Lin is overrated

lakersfan01
03-25-2012, 03:48 PM
Almost everybody has a pretty damn good point guard or two. Lakers finally have one too :p

FOBolous
03-25-2012, 04:00 PM
only the best of the best from college makes it into the NBA. No teams in the NBA are going to draft you if you're bad in college.

LTBaByyy
03-25-2012, 04:42 PM
only the best of the best from college makes it into the NBA. No teams in the NBA are going to draft you if you're bad in college.

:clap: Been trying to tell them

LTBaByyy
03-25-2012, 04:47 PM
Our worst players Brian Cardinal and Dominique Jones were really good in college

Htownballa1622
03-25-2012, 05:25 PM

He was being sarcastic.

Everyone in the NBA was good before obviously because they're in the nba. That was his point.

And pertaining to the thread, the Rockets absolutely do deserve credit. They do a great job of drafting and turning crap into something. They just have a hard time attracting free agents or superstars.

Morey its absolutely one of the best at evaluating talent.

VCaintdead17
03-25-2012, 05:39 PM
The stupidity of this thread the first two pages legitimately pissed me off. My god people are dumb.

And, yes, Rockets have a good eye for point guards. But Dragic played well under Nash while in Phoenix.

CudiOnMyiPod
03-25-2012, 05:49 PM
Holy crap looking at some of Dragic's statlines:

23/8/5
16/13/7
24/8/5

Dragic is a really good player. He's gonna get a pretty nice contract whenever he is a free agent. Sign him Dallas!

waveycrockett
03-25-2012, 05:57 PM

Luke Walton was terrible in college as far as I can remember and he made it to the NBA. He wasn't good but he had some decent years.

sunsfan88
03-25-2012, 07:05 PM
Dragic was a beast with us before he went to Houston. If you don't believe me, ask Lakers and Spurs fans....they know all about it :D

JNA17
03-25-2012, 07:25 PM
Ramon Sessions was a 2nd round 56th pick I believe. Now he's playing like a freaking all star on the lakers.

It seems more teams will finally take 2nd round picks more seriously now...hopefully. Fans too...

justinnum1
03-25-2012, 07:35 PM
Ramon Sessions was a 2nd round 56th pick I believe. Now he's playing like a freaking all star on the lakers.

It seems more teams will finally take 2nd round picks more seriously now...hopefully. Fans too...

Especially when the new lux tax kicks in

h2r09
03-25-2012, 07:50 PM
daniel orton didn't do anything in college and was drafted simply off of potential. he is who you are looking for.

Iodine
03-25-2012, 07:53 PM
Dragic was a beast with us before he went to Houston. If you don't believe me, ask Lakers and Spurs fans....they know all about it :D

:sigh:

SouthSideRookie
03-25-2012, 08:01 PM

You must work for the tabloids of NYC.

If these players were so good before Andthe rockets don't deserve the credit, then why did we get them for nothing. Brooks was 26th overall, we got Lowry for Rafer freaking Alston, and we got dragic plus a first for brooks. Give credit where it's due, morey is probably the best scouting/talent evaluating GM in the league.

Second round pick Chandler Parsons, one of the top rookies of this past class...people just don't know yet.

Lin is overrated

As much as I like Lin as a person he is not better than Dragic. Goran goes hard at both ends of the floor. He has lead the Rockets to some really impressive wins against some elite teams. Also IIRC Dragic is just one year older than Jeremy.

MrfadeawayJB
03-26-2012, 10:14 AM
LTBaByyy