LGhost
03-23-2012, 10:54 PM
Gerald Henderson scores 29 \random thought generator

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-23-2012, 10:54 PM
barea triple double lol

Swashcuff
03-23-2012, 10:57 PM
Know what back in the day when A.I., Kobe and T-Mac were going off for 50 what seemed like nightly this wouldn't be as huge news as it is now. Regardless amazing performance by Love setting a new franchise record.

beasted86
03-23-2012, 10:58 PM
:clap:

It was double overtime though, and unfortunately in a losing effort.

Cal827
03-23-2012, 10:58 PM
Derek Fisher might be on a new team... but he still sucks

mdm692
03-23-2012, 10:59 PM
Agent zero used to go for 50 on back to back nights so what?!?

Cal827
03-23-2012, 11:00 PM
Know what back in the day when A.I., Kobe and T-Mac were going off for 50 what seemed like nightly this wouldn't be as huge news as it is now. Regardless amazing performance by Love setting a new franchise record.

Lol when I saw AI and 50 pts, for some reason I thought back to that Raptors/76ers playoff series when he and Carter got 50 in those games. I just remember thinking before game 7 that AI would go ape ***** again lol

John Walls Era
03-23-2012, 11:01 PM
Barea Trip Dub!!!!

Sadds The Gr8
03-23-2012, 11:02 PM

this. I missed the early 2000s when the disgusting guys just went off for 50 like it was nothing...like T-Mac, AI, Kobe, Agent 0 etc...

still impressed by the statline in this game even though it was 2OT.

waveycrockett
03-23-2012, 11:03 PM
He just cemented himself as the Best PF in the league

Avenged
03-23-2012, 11:07 PM
Love, legend in the making!

Sox72
03-23-2012, 11:08 PM
You have to mention that it was double overtime.

Gram
03-23-2012, 11:11 PM
Kevin "50ve"

naps
03-23-2012, 11:11 PM
Kevin Love = Best power forward on the planet hands down. What an amazing player. I am glad Blake Griffin isn't over-hyped anymore. Always thought Blake was more of a highlight material and Love was much more skilled.

waveycrockett
03-23-2012, 11:12 PM
Barea Trip Dub!!!!

Took him 6 quarters to get it so....

carter15
03-23-2012, 11:13 PM

He had 48 and 14 though in regulation. What could have been had he got going in OT.

waveycrockett
03-23-2012, 11:13 PM

True but he out dueled Kevin Durant in equal playing time which I think why it makes it a bigger deal. If Love dropped 50 but Durant 55 or 60 then I think know one gives a crap

Swashcuff
03-23-2012, 11:15 PM
Took him 6 quarters to get it so....

Well actually it was 4 and 5/6

KnicksorBust
03-23-2012, 11:16 PM
This is from the TFB department: Love won't win **** without Rubio. He can't dominate on 2 ends of the floor and so he's the Dominique Wilkins of PFs. Keep rippin that statboard bro. You aren't ELITE. You're just very damn good.

jrm2054
03-23-2012, 11:23 PM
big game man

Swashcuff
03-23-2012, 11:26 PM
This is from the TFB department: Love won't win **** without Rubio. He can't dominate on 2 ends of the floor and so he's the Dominique Wilkins of PFs. Keep rippin that statboard bro. You aren't ELITE. You're just very damn good.

When you're relying on Anthony Tolliver and Wayne Ellington to make crucial plays for you down the stretch you know your line-up is lacking some punch. He needs help. J.J. was great tonight however.

KnicksorBust
03-23-2012, 11:29 PM
When you're relying on Anthony Tolliver and Wayne Ellington to make crucial plays for you down the stretch you know your line-up is lacking some punch. He needs help. J.J. was great tonight however.

Regardless. Duncan/KG/Barkley and more would turn this team into a .500 team. Love can't do it. Pointblank. I don't hesitate IN THE LEAST, saying this. He's not the best PF, so let's lock that BS away and he's not on the same par as the all-time greats just because he can hit some 3's and is developing a post game. He played FULL SEASONS and they sucked. He needs SIGNIFICANT help to put this team over the top.

topdog
03-23-2012, 11:36 PM
Regardless. Duncan/KG/Barkley and more would turn this team into a .500 team. Love can't do it. Pointblank. I don't hesitate IN THE LEAST, saying this. He's not the best PF, so let's lock that BS away and he's not on the same par as the all-time greats just because he can hit some 3's and is developing a post game. He played FULL SEASONS and they sucked. He needs SIGNIFICANT help to put this team over the top.

No one is saying he is the best all-time. He is currently the best Power Forward in the league.

I don't know that any of those players could do that much more for this team. Maybe Duncan for his defense.

Sadds The Gr8
03-23-2012, 11:36 PM

lol those are the 3 best PF's of all time. that seems pretty unfair to me...nobody said Love is an all-time great

Sactown
03-23-2012, 11:39 PM
This is why it's hard to believe OKC is a contender.. they can be beaten on any given night because their style of play... Should it really take Durant, Westbrook, and Harden to score 110 points on near 60% shooting to beat a Rubio-less Wolves?

BigBongTheory
03-23-2012, 11:41 PM
its hard to credit players for scoring that much when defense wasn't involved, and it was 2ot, but congrats to the 3 players that scored 40+ playing against air.

Baller1
03-23-2012, 11:46 PM
This is why it's hard to believe OKC is a contender.. they can be beaten on any given night because their style of play... Should it really take Durant, Westbrook, and Harden to score 110 points on near 60% shooting to beat a Rubio-less Wolves?

I honestly do not get why this constantly gets brought up.

Since when is it bad to have three crazy talented players? So dumb.

NFLNBA
03-23-2012, 11:47 PM
Was double OT but still a great game either way.

I actually watched Kobe go for 81 in under 4 quarters of play and hit 61 in 3 quarters against the Mavs. 50 in double OT just isnt all that

KnicksorBust
03-23-2012, 11:49 PM
No one is saying he is the best all-time. He is currently the best Power Forward in the league.

I don't know that any of those players could do that much more for this team. Maybe Duncan for his defense.

So all of the best current players at their position:

Paul/Rose
Kobe/Wade
LeBron
Dwight Howard

Can lead their teams easily into the playoffs but PF is the one position that it's impossible? I don't buy that. LOVE IS NOT THAT GOOD. He's Tom Chambers. He's Dominique Wilkins of PF. He's not Dirk. He's not KG/Dirk. He doesn't do **** on defense and he doesn't dominate on offense. They have played full seasons with him where they SUCK. Name one great player who suffered through a full season of SUCKING. It doesn't exist. I enjoy watching him. I think with Rubio they would have snuck into the playoffs. The fact that without Rubio means their season is over is a bad sign.

shep33
03-24-2012, 12:03 AM
Best PF in the game. He is my favorite player outside of any Lakers. Guy is a beast.

Sactown
03-24-2012, 12:04 AM
I honestly do not get why this constantly gets brought up.

Since when is it bad to have three crazy talented players? So dumb.

That's not what I'm saying.. Championship teams A) Play defense B) have a half court offense C) Don't turn the ball over

OKC doesn't do any of these things particularly well.. They allow lesser teams to beat them when they aren't shooting well

THE MTL
03-24-2012, 12:17 AM
Kevin Love produces empty stats in my opinion. Such a beast but his numbers dont result in wins. Clear difference when Ricky Rubio plays

Punk
03-24-2012, 12:20 AM
Kevin Love produces empty stats in my opinion. Such a beast but his numbers dont result in wins. Clear difference when Ricky Rubio plays

The Wolves are like 3 games out of the playoff picture. Empty stats would be DeMarcus Cousins or Andrea Bargnani.

b@llhog24
03-24-2012, 12:23 AM

Who do you got here?

Raps08-09 Champ
03-24-2012, 12:25 AM
I'm actually more surprised that Barea got 10 rebounds.

Raph12
03-24-2012, 12:41 AM
Ibaka's man-defense is horrible, he buys on each and every pump fake...

Hawkeye15
03-24-2012, 12:46 AM
loss. Who cares

Hawkeye15
03-24-2012, 12:55 AM

expand on your statement that his numbers mean nothing.

iliketurtles24
03-24-2012, 01:03 AM
yes he did

LASportsFan1996
03-24-2012, 01:06 AM
#Boss

waveycrockett
03-24-2012, 01:17 AM

Neither could Dirk. Neither can Durant. Neither can Carmelo. Thats just a stupid Argument. He is an adequate defender.

waveycrockett
03-24-2012, 01:19 AM

Really and what about Blake Griffin without CP3? Or Pau Gasol with Kobe? Or Amar'e without Nash? Do I need to go on?

THE MTL
03-24-2012, 01:19 AM

I dont think he is the best PF in the league. If Love ever plays for a winning team, he WONT be putting up such ridiculous numbers.

THE MTL
03-24-2012, 01:21 AM
The Wolves are like 3 games out of the playoff picture. Empty stats would be DeMarcus Cousins or Andrea Bargnani.

Clear difference when Rick Rubio plays****** (team won those games cause of Ruby)

BigBongTheory
03-24-2012, 01:26 AM

Stats are stats. They aren't full, they aren't empty. Team chemistry and many other elements are put into a team's success. Noone credits one player for winning every game in a season, so how can someone be tagged for losing games as well? Especially when that team is able to compete every night because of that person.

THE MTL
03-24-2012, 01:27 AM
Really and what about Blake Griffin without CP3? Or Pau Gasol with Kobe? Or Amar'e without Nash? Do I need to go on?

Look last year, Kevin Love put up similar stats 21ppg 15rpg but the Wolves were the WORST in the league. Im not saying that his supporting cast doesnt suck but when you have a guy averaging such ridiculous stats its supposed to amount for some wins. Not being the WORST team in the whole NBA.

Blake Griffin had a similar stat line as Love last year. And yes the Clippers still sucked but they did manage to win at least 30 games.

When Love, you telling me a guy who can average 21ppg 15rpg can only win 17 games. It shows you how much he "stat line" matters when it comes to games.

Amare was early MVP candidate without Nash last year. Leader of Knicks.
Pau Gasol lead to Grizzlies to the playoffs that one season.
Blake Griffin won 32 games last year.
Kevin Garnett carried the Wolves for his tenure there.

Do I need to go on?

THE MTL
03-24-2012, 01:31 AM
Stats are stats. They aren't full, they aren't empty. Team chemistry and many other elements are put into a team's success. Noone credits one player for winning every game in a season, so how can someone be tagged for losing games as well? Especially when that team is able to compete every night because of that person.

If you read my other post..you'll see what I mean....

But in regards to scoring 50. If Durant or Kobe or Lebron ever put up 50 points. Thats a guaranteed victory. ENOUGH SAID. That is because 50 points raises the level of THE ENTIRE TEAM!

When Love scores 50 points, its exactly what it reads "Love scores 50points". Its good for him, but doesnt raise the level of his team. It raises the level of himself.

Sadds The Gr8
03-24-2012, 01:31 AM
Look last year, Kevin Love put up similar stats 21ppg 15rpg but the Wolves were the WORST in the league. Im not saying that his supporting cast doesnt suck but when you have a guy averaging such ridiculous stats its supposed to amount for some wins. Not being the WORST team in the whole NBA.

Blake Griffin had a similar stat line as Love last year. And yes the Clippers still sucked but they did manage to win at least 30 games.

When Love, you telling me a guy who can average 21ppg 15rpg can only win 17 games. It shows you how much he "stat line" matters when it comes to games.

Do I need to go on?

Love's team will win around 30 games in only 66 games this year, and he's putting up dominant stats. I don't see how you can defend Blake Griffin for that and hate on Love.

THE MTL
03-24-2012, 01:38 AM
Love's team will win around 30 games in only 66 games this year, and he's putting up dominant stats. I don't see how you can defend Blake Griffin for that and hate on Love.

Look at the Wolves record without Ricky Rubio playing. 2 wins and 5 losses. Those 2 wins very narrow victories against less talented teams in Suns and Warriors.

And meanwhile they lost to the likes of Sacramento, New Orleans, and Utah. With a blowout loss against San Antonio. Meanwhile, Kevin Love averages almost 30points and 13 rebounds.

waveycrockett
03-24-2012, 01:42 AM

Do I need to go on?

[/QUOTE]
Only a Knick fan would brag about his player being an MVP CANDIDATE after 1 great month. I'm pretty sure Kevin Love was an early MVP candidate this year as well. So your point is lame there.

Pau Gasol also had Shane Battier (prime), Mike Miller (prime), Bobby Jackson, Eddie Jones, Jason Williams, Damon Stoudamire. Gasol's grizzles were only as good as the supporting cast around him.

Blake Griffin won 32 games last year. The Wolves will win at least that many this year in a shortened season. NEXT

THE MTL
03-24-2012, 01:49 AM
Im not taking anything away from Love at all. He is a great player

THE MTL
03-24-2012, 01:50 AM
Only a Knick fan would brag about his player being an MVP CANDIDATE after 1 great month. I'm pretty sure Kevin Love was an early MVP candidate this year as well. So your point is lame there.

Pau Gasol also had Shane Battier (prime), Mike Miller (prime), Bobby Jackson, Eddie Jones, Jason Williams, Damon Stoudamire. Gasol's grizzles were only as good as the supporting cast around him.

Blake Griffin won 32 games last year. The Wolves will win at least that many this year in a shortened season. NEXT[/QUOTE]

WHy u gotta bring the Knicks into it? you troll......

Anyway, Im not arguing about the Wolves winning 30 games this season cause if you finished reading my post instead of just reading the Amare part....you would have saw the key figure in the Wolves winning those 30 games this season. And without the key figure the Wolves would have been just as bad as ever as evident by their recent play.

I'll leave it to you to figure out who that key figure is?

RoyMunson
03-24-2012, 01:52 AM

But in regards to scoring 50. If Durant or Kobe or Lebron ever put up 50 points. Thats a guaranteed victory. ENOUGH SAID. That is because 50 points raises the level of THE ENTIRE TEAM!

When Love scores 50 points, its exactly what it reads "Love scores 50points". Its good for him, but doesnt raise the level of his team. It raises the level of himself.

http://www.nba.com/games/20050320/CLETOR/recap.html
:eyebrow:

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-24-2012, 01:54 AM
I remember a regular season game back in 2000-01 @ Golden State, when the Warriors Antawn Jamison and young Afro Kobe scored 51 pts against each other, but Jamison's Warriors edged out the Shaq-Kobe Lakers in OT. Btw, Jamison had 51 pts the previous night as well, so he had memorable back-to-back 51 pt game performances.

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-24-2012, 01:56 AM

I think the Lakers have lost like 3 times before with Kobe scoring 50+. Back in the day in the mid 2000s, it was not an automatic win for the Lakers, but it would be now since Kobe no longer has butterknives in the drawer.

last stand
03-24-2012, 01:57 AM
kevin love is much better than blake. anyone who says different hasn't watched both players. blake plays no defense just like love. love is a far superior rebounder, he can shoot from everywhere, he has much more skill on the block, more touch around the rim and is 10 times the passer blake is.

only things blake has are athleticism, finishing, and strength.

THE MTL
03-24-2012, 01:58 AM
http://www.nba.com/games/20050320/CLETOR/recap.html
:eyebrow:

Lebron's second season in the league? Just made his first allstar appearance? Wasnt even CONSIDERED an elite player yet. At that time was not the "Lebron James- King James or whatever you call him" that he is today. Thanks you just showed how a not-Elite player can score 50 points and still lose. Which is my whole point about Kevin Love.

Thanks for proving my point.

waveycrockett
03-24-2012, 02:00 AM
WHy u gotta bring the Knicks into it? you troll......

Anyway, Im not arguing about the Wolves winning 30 games this season cause if you finished reading my post instead of just reading the Amare part....you would have saw the key figure in the Wolves winning those 30 games this season. And without the key figure the Wolves would have been just as bad as ever as evident by their recent play.

I'll leave it to you to figure out who that key figure is?

Wow dude it's like talking to a brick wall with you. Kobe Bryant couldn't even lead his team to respectability let alone the playoffs in his PRIME with trash around him. You expect Kevin Love to do it in order to be called elite? The greatest player of our generation think about that.

THE MTL
03-24-2012, 02:00 AM
I remember a regular season game back in 2000-01 @ Golden State, when the Warriors Antawn Jamison and young Afro Kobe scored 51 pts against each other, but Jamison's Warriors edged out the Shaq-Kobe Lakers in OT. Btw, Jamison had 51 pts the previous night as well, so he had memorable back-to-back 51 pt game performances.

But Kobe was not ELITE back then. My whole argument is about the eliteness of Kevin Love.

But now-a-days (well maybe not this season cause he has truly been a ball hog lol) if Kobe scored 50 points that is an automatic win.

THE MTL
03-24-2012, 02:06 AM
Wow dude it's like talking to a brick wall with you. Kobe Bryant couldn't even lead his team to respectability let alone the playoffs in his PRIME with trash around him. You expect Kevin Love to do it in order to be called elite? The greatest player of our generation think about that.

Well actually Kobe Bryant did lead his team to the playoffs one of those seasons he was all by himself.

But still, the Lakers were NOT the worse team in the league and they were still very much respectable. I think one of those seasons Lakers finished like 9th or 10th.

Kevin Love's team last season was the worse in the NBA. Do you understand that? Thats is NOT RESPECTABLE! Im not saying that basketball isnt a team sport or anything like that. But if a great player cannot get his team more than 17 wins in a full season, then something is "not-so" great about that player

Love will always fill up a stat sheet. But he will not win if he is the main guy! And for his team to truly win he wont be putting up 25ppg 12rpg either. (ask Chris Bosh, his stat line was similar in Toronto)

waveycrockett
03-24-2012, 02:08 AM
Well actually Kobe Bryant did lead his team to the playoffs one of those seasons he was all by himself.

But still, the Lakers were NOT the worse team in the league and they were still very much respectable. I think one of those seasons Lakers finished like 9th or 10th.

Kevin Love's team last season was the worse in the NBA. Do you understand that? Thats is NOT RESPECTABLE! Im not saying that basketball isnt a team sport or anything like that. But if a great player cannot get his team more than 17 wins in a full season, then something is "not-so" great about that player
If you put Amar'e in his shoes his team would be a joke. And saying Kobe Bryant was "all alone" shows you have no clue what your talking. Prime Caron Butler and Prime Lamar Odom? All Alone?

THE MTL
03-24-2012, 02:14 AM
If you put Amar'e in his shoes his team would be a joke. And saying Kobe Bryant was "all alone" shows you have no clue what your talking. Prime Caron Butler and Prime Lamar Odom? All Alone?

Why are u bringing in Amare? Is that ur shot at the Knicks?....you troll lol. I'll tell you myself that Wolves would probi be worse off if Amare was there in Love's shoes.

And Kobe was that team back in mid-2000s and you cannot tell me otherwise. He put up tremendous stats and it was his play that resulted in the wins! And while they were a sub-par team. They most certainly werent a laughing stock and the worse in the league unlike what the Wolves were last year and most likely this year if it wasnt for Ricky Rubio!

BigBongTheory
03-24-2012, 02:16 AM
But Kobe was not ELITE back then. My whole argument is about the eliteness of Kevin Love.

But now-a-days (well maybe not this season cause he has truly been a ball hog lol) if Kobe scored 50 points that is an automatic win.

Michael Jordan scored 64 in a loss to Orlando in 93.

Jordan also lost to the Hawks while scoring 61.

waveycrockett
03-24-2012, 02:18 AM
Why are u bringing in Amare? Is that ur shot at the Knicks?....you troll lol. I'll tell you myself that Wolves would probi be worse off if Amare was there in Love's shoes.

But if Amare scored 50 points I bet that team would have won. Cause when STAT goes off he raises the level of his team overall.

You implied that Amar'e being an early season MVP candidate after 1 month meant something. Kobe has dropped 42 in a loss this season. When was the last time Amar'e even scored 30? Lesbehonest

THE MTL
03-24-2012, 02:22 AM
Michael Jordan scored 64 in a loss to Orlando in 93.

Jordan also lost to the Hawks while scoring 61.

There will always be exceptions to the rules my friend damn! I bet when Jordan went off for 40/50/60 points there are more wins than losses at least.

Btw, since we're being technical. I never did mention Michael Jordan. ;)

BigBongTheory
03-24-2012, 02:28 AM
There will always be exceptions to the rules my friend damn! I bet when Jordan went off for 40/50/60 points there are more wins than losses at least.

Btw, since we're being technical. I never did mention Michael Jordan. ;)

Yeah I know, I just figured he was the best to bring up to topic with him being considered the goat and all.

THE MTL
03-24-2012, 02:29 AM
You implied that Amar'e being an early season MVP candidate after 1 month meant something. Kobe has dropped 42 in a loss this season. When was the last time Amar'e even scored 30? Lesbehonest

Well it was more of a rebuttal to you saying that Love needs Rubio, like Griffin needs Paul, or Amare needs Nash.

My response was that Griffin managed 32 wins (almost doubled Love's wins) last season and Amare lead the Knicks last season and was early MVP candidate without Steve Nash.

But seriously, stay on topic. We talking about Love not Amare.

Raph12
03-24-2012, 02:33 AM
I laughed so hard when the one commentator was telling the other "it's very impressive that Love has only one foul in the game, despite playing over 40mins" then Harden drives it at him and gets an easy layup and the other commentator says "I think you just got your answer, he stays out of foul trouble, by staying out of the way". :laugh2:

Good game for the fans, poor defense and players executing well on offense.

Sota4Ever
03-24-2012, 02:34 AM
How can anyone say Love can't be the number 1 option on a team?? What else does the guy have to show?? start making 4 point baskets???

VikesTwinsWolve
03-24-2012, 02:46 AM

Really??? Coming from a knicks fan haha. He's better then anyone on your team, and it's not even close....

Spurred1
03-24-2012, 04:22 AM
I noticed that the Wolves don't seem to have a functioning center right now-Pekovic helps Love and the Wolves win quite a bit, not just Rubio. Hasn't he been out the past few games?
Love is playing like the best PF right now-scoring and rebounding like a monster. Not his fault that the team is floundering right now.

mustaine
03-24-2012, 05:39 AM
Lol when I saw AI and 50 pts, for some reason I thought back to that Raptors/76ers playoff series when he and Carter got 50 in those games. I just remember thinking before game 7 that AI would go ape ***** again lol

That was the most entertaining series I've ever seen... it was great.

Evolution23
03-24-2012, 06:06 AM
Well my fantasy team just blew up. #Winning

CoffeeJanitor
03-24-2012, 06:48 AM
Anyone bringing up empty stats needs to think about what "empty stats" are. That's usually a phrase reserved for situations when bad teams play bad players, but the bad players score a lot because they're first options.

Now, how can you tell whether the player is a bad player, and thus a bad first option then? Their efficiency. Here is where the empty stats thing doesn't hold. A bad player, someone who will produce empty stats, will do so on bad efficiency. This is waaaaaay far away from what Love's been doing for the past few years.

He shot 16/27, 7/11 from 3. If you adjust for the 3 pointer, he shot 19.5/27. That is ridiculously efficient. I thought the Wolves had no chance of winning this one, considering Pek, Beasley and (obviously) Rubio were out of this one with injuries. If Love doesn't pull out this insanely efficient night, the Wolves have no shot.

Antipod
03-24-2012, 07:21 AM
Amazing !

Swashcuff
03-24-2012, 07:37 AM

Do I need to go on?

Its too much for me to go through and really sort THE MTL out but I can tell you with the utmost certainty that you don't watch Timberwolves basketball.

You said something along the lines of Love needing Rubio to win games well no ******* Sherlock. Its a team game what do you expect. In the prime of his career Dwyane Wade couldn't lead the Heat to a better W% than Kevin Love did last season. Does Wade put up empty stats of was his team just crappy all around.

You're saying stuff like Love puts up empty stats and this and that. Do you watch the Timberwolves play? Before Pekovic emerged if Love didn't crash the offensive glass no one else would. If Love didn't take the mantle and put the team on his back no one else would, if he doesn't fight teeth and nail against the opposing frontline no one else did. Kevin Love works for his numbers and it HAS resulted in wins for his team.

Do you guys seriously sit back and wonder where the Wolves would have been if it weren't for Kevin Love? Look at their record in games which he hasn't played. Had it not been for Kevin Love last season the Wolves would have shattered my Philadelphia 76ers record for fewer wins in a season.

Swashcuff
03-24-2012, 07:52 AM

Funny that you'd mention Kobe.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200704120LAL.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200012060GSW.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200601190SAC.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200703300LAL.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200803280LAL.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200612290CHA.html

Want to know what's interesting. Kobe has more 50 games that end up in losses than any player in the modern era. Also Kevin Love scored 51 on 27 shots. In all those games do you what was the least amount of shots Kobe took? 33. Wanna know what's the most? 45. Now tell me if that isn't "empty" stats. Oh and just one of those losses actually came against a team that had a winning record.

These guys do what they need to do in order to give their team the best opportunity to win. Kobe takes shots that's his game. Kevin Love is now doing the same. Because his performance came in a lost to the best team in the conference in a game in which 2 teammates went of for 40 for the second time this season (new NBA record) takes every inch of context out of the argument.

Anthony Tolliver and Wayne Ellington were on the floor late for the Timberwolves and messed up crucial plays down the stretch. How on earth do you expect the Wolves to beat the Thunder when ANTHONY TOLLIVER and WAYNE ELLINGTON are relied help carry the load? Its a team game Love couldn't do it on his own.

There is no way you can measure how elite a player is based on winning without first assessing the strength or weaknesses of his supporting cast.

blastmasta26
03-24-2012, 08:50 AM
It's absolutely ridiculous to say that Love's stats are empty if you just look at his efficiency. And winning is a team effort, one player will not carry you to wins every night, especially against a team like OKC with three talented scorers. Love's supporting cast was abysmal last season, and without Rubio isn't that good this year either.

effen5
03-24-2012, 09:00 AM
Coach thibs would have had a heart attack coaching this game Jesus Christ

NYMetros
03-24-2012, 10:32 AM
It's absolutely ridiculous to say that Love's stats are empty if you just look at his efficiency. And winning is a team effort, one player will not carry you to wins every night, especially against a team like OKC with three talented scorers. Love's supporting cast was abysmal last season, and without Rubio isn't that good this year either.

Agreed.

Hawkeye15
03-24-2012, 10:37 AM

when your teammates are Barea, Tolliver, Wesley Johnson, Martel Webster, and co, you aren't winning a bunch without help. Give me a star who can win with below average talent at every position. No **** he needs Rubio, so does every star to win (wow, he needs another above average player, go figure!)

AIRMAR72
03-24-2012, 10:39 AM
kevin Love is a true legit SUPERSTAR, future 1st ballot HOF if he keeps it going which he WILL

Hawkeye15
03-24-2012, 10:40 AM

Speculation world is awesome. Duncan NEVER IN HIS LIFE played with the pathetic talent Love has been given, so you can strike him from your theory. Lets move on.

Garnett? Even given championship talent he deferred in Minny. Lets move on.

Barkley played on stacked rosters as well.

I find it ironic that someone as intelligent as you would throw an ultimate judgement down on a player who has never had talent around him until he gets 1 player this year, still with mostly garbage, and both his above average players go through injuries late, one for good, the other dealing with ankle problems that would have been the difference in games like last night.

I am happy that you have made your final judgment, but the story isn't written yet, so you may want to hold back.

Hawkeye15
03-24-2012, 10:45 AM
Look at the Wolves record without Ricky Rubio playing. 2 wins and 5 losses. Those 2 wins very narrow victories against less talented teams in Suns and Warriors.

And meanwhile they lost to the likes of Sacramento, New Orleans, and Utah. With a blowout loss against San Antonio. Meanwhile, Kevin Love averages almost 30points and 13 rebounds.

Pekovic decided to roll his ankle as well on a 9 of 11 road trip as they lost Rubio. Look at this starting lineup:

Ridnour
Webster
Johnson
Williams
Love

Do you really expect that lineup to dominate night and night out? Please.

Hawkeye15
03-24-2012, 10:47 AM
I noticed that the Wolves don't seem to have a functioning center right now-Pekovic helps Love and the Wolves win quite a bit, not just Rubio. Hasn't he been out the past few games?
Love is playing like the best PF right now-scoring and rebounding like a monster. Not his fault that the team is floundering right now.

they are currently missing a functioning PG, SG, SF, and C. Oh, and bench.

AI4MVP
03-24-2012, 01:55 PM
I havent even read the rest of the thread so I might be speaking out of context, but I just wanted to chime in and say that Kevin Love is BY FAR the best power forward in the league. I dont believe Blake Griffin is even in the same tier anymore. Blake Griffin is a significantly worse basketball player than Kevin Love

Becks2307
03-24-2012, 01:59 PM
Love Ftw

he has separated himself. However I still take dirk in a playoff series

SteveNash
03-24-2012, 02:06 PM
0 assists, terrible defense.

Kevin Love is the definition of an empty stat player.

THE GIPPER
03-24-2012, 02:28 PM
Love is the man and his D isnt as bad as most think.

BigBongTheory
03-24-2012, 02:33 PM

Yeah because everyone agrees when your defense isn't the most stellar in the league, what you do on offense doesn't count because of it.

willabeast77
03-24-2012, 02:37 PM
It isn't a surprise they lost. They faced OKC- best team in the West and a top team at home. If it weren't for Love, this game wouldnt have been as close as it was. Im sure he'd rather the win but scoring 50 in 2Ot is impressive. And it isn't as if they Wolves would have made the playoffs (since Rubio is gone) so Kevin Love stat padding is nothing to be ashamed of. Might as well.

Cfrey
03-24-2012, 02:47 PM
whats frustrating is people act like he intentionally ''pads his stats''

did you guys ever think that maybe he just goes out and plays the damn game?! LOL i guarantee Love doesn't even think about that ****... he's just a player that plays the damn game and wants to win as much as everyone else..

its been said by my man hawk but Love has a horrible supporting cast especially without rubio.. rubio was the glue in the offense and now we have taken a step back..

Love is no doubt the best PF in the game and slowly but surely working his way into the top 5 overall players

NBAfan4life
03-24-2012, 02:49 PM
You can really tell who watched that amazing game last night and who didn't in this thread.

I would actually include wolves games in general. I only watched the fourth and both OT's but for the users that think Love is stat padding instead of trying to win games this year obviously don't watch him play.

b@llhog24
03-24-2012, 11:56 PM

Ironic coming from a Steve Nash fan.

Losoway
03-25-2012, 02:30 AM
Kevin love is a bit overrated to me

Swashcuff
03-25-2012, 10:48 AM

Dude you know NOTHING about basketball. Look at a single timberwolves game why don't you.

iliketurtles24
03-25-2012, 11:12 AM
the wolves do not iso love on every play, he doesnt try to pad his stats. that is just stupid.

CoffeeJanitor
03-25-2012, 06:50 PM
(He just had a 30/21/4 game)

AI4MVP
03-25-2012, 07:37 PM
Another monster game today. Kevin Love is truly one of the games elites.

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-25-2012, 07:41 PM
I love me some K-Love! :drool:

Hawkeye15
03-25-2012, 08:41 PM
Love had his seventh career 30-20 game, which leads all active players. At 23 years old, he already has done that more times than Tim Duncan (six), Kevin Garnett (five) and Dirk Nowitzki (two). It was also his ninth this season with at least 30 points and 15 boards. Atlanta's Josh Smith is the only other player in the league who has done it more than once this season. Smith has done it twice.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=320325016

Mr_Amaziing
03-25-2012, 11:08 PM
Beautiful game

PlayDPlease
03-25-2012, 11:13 PM
Yeah, he sucks. Blake Griffin is so0000o much better.
SMH

MarkieMark48
03-26-2012, 12:26 AM
Kevin Love is this years MVP IMO.. of course he wont get it, just sayin

dodie53
03-26-2012, 01:06 AM
cool game to watch

Cfrey
03-26-2012, 03:51 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=320325016

just for the people who didn't see this..

Love had his seventh career 30-20 game, which leads all active players. At 23 years old, he already has done that more times than Tim Duncan (six), Kevin Garnett (five) and Dirk Nowitzki (two).

It was also his ninth this season with at least 30 points and 15 boards. Atlanta's Josh Smith is the only other player in the league who has done it more than once this season. Smith has done it twice.

Jayrich28
03-26-2012, 09:16 AM
The reason the twolves r not an elite team or klove is not an elite player just yet is because the twolves play no defense......the twolves roster is full of shooters and iso scores....even the avg players...the wolves have enough talent on paper to be good until u look a see that they dont have not one solid defender....if u added a tony allen, iguodola,perk,battier etc. and a interior defender this team would be nice.....but u not gonna win with a team of just scorers

Hawkeye15
03-26-2012, 09:22 AM
The reason the twolves r not an elite team or klove is not an elite player just yet is because the twolves play no defense......the twolves roster is full of shooters and iso scores....even the avg players...the wolves have enough talent on paper to be good until u look a see that they dont have not one solid defender....if u added a tony allen, iguodola,perk,battier etc. and a interior defender this team would be nice.....but u not gonna win with a team of just scorers

Rubio is an excellent defender, and you can tell the big dropoff when he left. Our guards can't stop anyone from getting into the paint, which puts way too much pressure on the bigs. We also don't have a big time shotblocker, so you nailed it, we are not a very good defensive team. The entire Wolves board has been saying all year we need to upgrade at the wing position and get a good two way player, and stay healthy, and could be a 50 win team as soon as next year if that happens along with natural progression of a young roster.

Jayrich28
03-26-2012, 09:27 AM
And for the guy that said...kg had talent as well as duncan he betta go check those rosters those guys won bcuz they dominanted on the defensive end of the floor.....they didnt need to score 40or 50for their teams to win ....when klove starts making a difference on that side of the court maybe they can become a playoff team

Hawkeye15
03-26-2012, 09:37 AM
And for the guy that said...kg had talent as well as duncan he betta go check those rosters those guys won bcuz they dominanted on the defensive end of the floor.....they didnt need to score 40or 50for their teams to win ....when klove starts making a difference on that side of the court maybe they can become a playoff team

Duncan should never be mentioned in the conversation if we are involving rosters. Duncan came into a ready made contender day 1 as a polished man who went to college all 4 years.

KG didn't make the playoffs early in his career either, being on a bottom feeder. Not until he got some help in Starbury and a vet scorer in Googs did he make it. Love is far more advanced offensively than KG was at the same age, and will never be the defender Garnett was. But he is going to be a much better offensive player who doesn't shy away in the 4th quarter, something that always pissed us Wolves fans off about KG.

Jayrich28
03-26-2012, 09:50 AM
I know I was a wolves fan when kg was on those teams....marbury ruined it though with his ego ....that team was special until he though he was the man and didnt need kg

Hawkeye15
03-26-2012, 09:59 AM
I know I was a wolves fan when kg was on those teams....marbury ruined it though with his ego ....that team was special until he though he was the man and didnt need kg

The lockout season was a disaster for them. Googs signed with Phx, Marbury would force his way out, and we would sign Joe Smith to an illegal deal, killing our 1st rounders for the next 4 years.

Jayrich28
03-26-2012, 10:17 AM
Joe smith....what a bum.....lol twolves had so sorry bigs with kg after that remember the candy man, eddie griffin,rasho...etc. I think that and the death of malik sealy just was enough for kg he was like I cant win a ring here

Hawkeye15
03-26-2012, 10:19 AM
Joe smith....what a bum.....lol twolves had so sorry bigs with kg after that remember the candy man, eddie griffin,rasho...etc. I think that and the death of malik sealy just was enough for kg he was like I cant win a ring here

Please don't remind me...

I found it hilarious, that when we, "lost" Rasho in free agency, we rushed to LA to sign Olowokandi, and tried to make a big deal out of it.

Jayrich28
03-26-2012, 10:24 AM
But u guys have love, rubio,pek and dwill 2.0 to build around those other dudes...wayne,wesley,webster need to go ......get u some hustle players and defenders....just not from my bulls bench...lol