PDA

View Full Version : Spurs sign Boris Diaw

Joshtd1
03-23-2012, 02:45 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AqlCujaM2p9aPs_QK663eoy8vLYF?slug=aw-wojnarowski_boris_diaw_san_antonio_spurs_waivers03 2312

Free agent Boris Diaw has reached agreement on a deal with the San Antonio Spurs, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Diaw agreed to a buyout with the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday and cleared waivers Friday afternoon. The Spurs will sign Diaw for the remainder of the season.

Joshtd1
03-23-2012, 02:46 PM
Figured it would happen, love the signing if he can be in shape. Hopefully he becomes our 3rd big and takes Bonner or Blair's minutes. With the addition of Jackson, it solidifies our depth and gives us a better chance at winning.

b@llhog24
03-23-2012, 02:47 PM
Tony Parker for GM. :D

Iron24th
03-23-2012, 02:47 PM
Very good signing,Diaw is a very smart player, SA has an impressive bench,this signing might get them over the top.

DITKA4GOV
03-23-2012, 02:48 PM
He must be excited for the tex-mex food in San Antonio. Yawn of a roster move thou.

VCaintdead17
03-23-2012, 02:49 PM
Good signing. Can play positions 1-5 at times.

TeamSeattle
03-23-2012, 03:00 PM
Well he did sort of give up in Charlotte basically accused for not giving a da** on some nights. I think he'll do great under Pops who holds players more accountable for their playing nights.

tredigs
03-23-2012, 03:01 PM
What type of minutes do Spurs fans think Pop gives him?

Shmontaine
03-23-2012, 03:04 PM

little to none IMO... probably just an insurance policy..

Joshtd1
03-23-2012, 03:07 PM

If he gets into shape hopefully 20-25. He is better than Blair and Bonner (talent wise) and think he fits next to Tim perfectly. I just pray he doesn't eat into Splitter minutes because those are already low enough as is it is.

ChiSox219
03-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Great fit, underrated player

ChiSox219
03-23-2012, 03:12 PM
If he gets into shape hopefully 20-25. He is better than Blair and Bonner (talent wise) and think he fits next to Tim perfectly. I just pray he doesn't eat into Splitter minutes because those are already low enough as is it is.

Any chance we see all 3 on the court together (diaw, splitter, and timmy)?

Lakerhead4ever
03-23-2012, 03:19 PM
This team is deep. and its funny, last year they were the best team in the regular season and i still felt they couldn't win a championship. but this year duncan and parker look very impressive. and the addition of jackson, they kind of become scary.

with that said the west is wide open still

LOOTERX9
03-23-2012, 03:20 PM
I hate the boring spurs and i hate when they get a player that can help them. We don't want the spurs in finals anymore, no one watches when the spurs play

Joshtd1
03-23-2012, 03:31 PM
Any chance we see all 3 on the court together (diaw, splitter, and timmy)?

Highly doubt it..Pop won't even play Splitter and Tim together. If anything it would be Diaw with one of the guys at a time. Plus with Jackson and Leonard at SF it wouldn't really be necessary to have him at SF IMO

heyman321
03-23-2012, 03:32 PM
Well he did sort of give up in Charlotte basically accused for not giving a da** on some nights. I think he'll do great under Pops who holds players more accountable for their playing nights.

Dude nobody gives a **** playing in Charlotte, that franchise is pathetic.

mjt20mik
03-23-2012, 03:36 PM
good pickup

CudiOnMyiPod
03-23-2012, 03:39 PM
So the Spurs add Stephen Jackson who can go off for 20 on any given night and won a ring under Poppovich and they add Boris Diaw who was a very good player with Phoenix and has skills to be a 15/6/5 guy and they lose Jefferson who sucks.

Spurs/Heat will be the Finals.

GrkGawdofWalkz
03-23-2012, 03:43 PM
It is a nice low risk signing for the Spurs. It helps lesson the blow with Splitter having back spasms and allows for Diaw to be versatile which is mainly been his game going back to Phoenix etc.

GrkGawdofWalkz
03-23-2012, 03:45 PM
So the Spurs add Stephen Jackson who can go off for 20 on any given night and won a ring under Poppovich and they add Boris Diaw who was a very good player with Phoenix and has skills to be a 15/6/5 guy and they lose Jefferson who sucks.

Spurs/Heat will be the Finals.

I definitely think with Jackson/Mills/Diaw additions only losing a 1st and the trash that is RJ24 they came out on the winning side of things. Diaw will be used to his strengths. Popp's will figure it out.

Chronz
03-23-2012, 03:45 PM
I really hope he can play, the Spurs need the depth right now

GrkGawdofWalkz
03-23-2012, 03:47 PM
Highly doubt it..Pop won't even play Splitter and Tim together. If anything it would be Diaw with one of the guys at a time. Plus with Jackson and Leonard at SF it wouldn't really be necessary to have him at SF IMO

I concur completely. Diaw will be used to spread the ball out. He's a good passer from what I can remember and has the game to play an "Odom like" role possibly. He may not be as good as Odom in handling, but someone with that type of capability.

Lab Rat Robby
03-23-2012, 04:20 PM
'11-'12 CHA
MIN - 27.5, FG% - .410, 3PT% - .267, FT% - .630, REB - OR 1.3 DR 4.0 TR 5.3, AST - 4.3, BLK - 0.5, STL - 0.5, PTS - 7.4

Career
MIN - 30.3, FG% - .491, 3PT% - .329, FT% - .708, REB - OR 1.4 DR 3.5 TR 4.9, AST - 4.0, BLK - 0.6, STL - 0.7, PTS - 9.6

I don't see how he gets more than 12 minutes a game here. he might get 20ish if pop rests duncan on the bench more to wind down the season, he gets on a hot streak from the 3 in his debut, or we have an injured big. i know bonner missed last game so i expect him to be the first to donate diaw some minutes. i predict a debut of 6 points, an assist, 3 rebounds, and either a steal or a block. probably a block. we needed a 4th big all year, he seems to be the perfect fit.

AlexTmz2
03-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Done deal!! Very nice addition. Hopefully he hits the floor sooner than later.

Raph12
03-23-2012, 05:05 PM
Good pickup, I wonder how Pop will play him...

DITKA4GOV
03-23-2012, 05:12 PM
This team is deep. and its funny, last year they were the best team in the regular season and i still felt they couldn't win a championship. but this year duncan and parker look very impressive. and the addition of jackson, they kind of become scary.

with that said the west is wide open still

2nd best team in reg season last year. Guess it doesn't really matter thou.

Baller1
03-23-2012, 05:30 PM
Very nice pickup. This will go widely overlooked I'm sure.

PlezPlayDKnicks
03-23-2012, 05:49 PM
Adding another high iq passer to an already loaded unselfish team. This with captain jack puts them with any1 for the western conference finals crown.

JasonJohnHorn
03-23-2012, 05:53 PM
This is a great pick up. Just gives the Spurs one more option. I got a good feeling about this Spurs team. I dont think there is a team in the league that actually wants to play them this post season.

VANEXEL9
03-23-2012, 05:59 PM
I concur completely. Diaw will be used to spread the ball out. He's a good passer from what I can remember and has the game to play an "Odom like" role possibly. He may not be as good as Odom in handling, but someone with that type of capability.

he's a smart all-around talented player, but he is anything but ''odom like'', he's slow on the and off the dribble with no hops.

naps
03-23-2012, 06:00 PM
I hate the boring spurs and i hate when they get a player that can help them. We don't want the spurs in finals anymore, no one watches when the spurs play

You must have this (http://th02.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2011/098/5/1/most_miserable_life_by_lioil-d3dht7q.png).

VANEXEL9
03-23-2012, 06:03 PM
This is a great pick up. Just gives the Spurs one more option. I got a good feeling about this Spurs team. I dont think there is a team in the league that actually wants to play them this post season.

since the lakers got gasol, the spurs can not play our interior guys.
i would much rather play san antonio than oklahoma, anyone in a possible semi-final/final of the conf. or Dallas (even though i just can't wait to beat dallas in the playoffs).

naps
03-23-2012, 06:05 PM
Spurs look damn scary now. Jackson and Diaw basically for good for nothing Jefferson.

lavilevi23
03-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Nice move. Spurs are scary again.

TRF929
03-23-2012, 07:40 PM
since the lakers got gasol, the spurs can not play our interior guys.
i would much rather play san antonio than oklahoma, anyone in a possible semi-final/final of the conf. or Dallas (even though i just can't wait to beat dallas in the playoffs).

Recently the Lakers can't even play their interior guys, it's all Kobe jacking up shots. Anyways, this is a great signing for the Spurs and will help keep the team fresh for the playoffs and through the playoffs. I pick them to come out the West, the only position they don't have much depth at now is PG but hopefully Mills will be the guy to cover that hole. This team is getting much more deeper and I'm really surprised at their standing right now, I thought they'd be in the area Boston is at, considering the core age of this team. But it just comes to show you the Spurs organization knows how to get things done and players to target.

For anyone that says this team is boring really has no idea what their talking about and really isn't a fan of basketball, but a fan of showboating. You can make a case the Spurs are the "FUNDAMENTAL" definition of basketball, playing it to its true form.

Anyways, good signing, I'm sure he'll do good, the Spurs are a scary team

TRF929
03-24-2012, 03:39 AM
Really surprised Diaw played today, but glad he did as he helped keep Dirk in check. Had good d and good vision, hard to say anything about his offensive game as he's only been with the team for a day and definitely learning. He's going to be a good rotational player for the Spurs, probably average around 17 mins. some games playing double allowing rest for Duncan.

Fear the Spurs NBA, fear the Spurs

kdspurman
03-24-2012, 11:49 AM
Diaw moves pretty dam well for a fat dude. And he's not as fat as I imagined LOL

JayW_1023
03-24-2012, 08:45 PM
For anyone that says this team is boring really has no idea what their talking about and really isn't a fan of basketball, but a fan of showboating. You can make a case the Spurs are the "FUNDAMENTAL" definition of basketball, playing it to its true form.

Anyways, good signing, I'm sure he'll do good, the Spurs are a scary team

Well said. Showboating is for the foolish. The Spurs let their play do the talking.