PDA

View Full Version : Western Conference Standings

kobe4thewinbang
03-23-2012, 02:26 AM
http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Cnf.html

Talk about crazy. You could wind up being #2 or #8.
Can you make any sense of it?

What do you think the playoff match-ups will be?

kenzo400
03-23-2012, 02:36 AM
http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Cnf.html

Talk about crazy. You could wind up being #2 or #8.
Can you make any sense of it?

What do you think the playoff match-ups will be?

Umm the 2nd team has 8 more wins than the 8th.

LTBaByyy
03-23-2012, 03:21 AM
3-9 seeds are crazy! Changes everyday!

Thunder and Spurs have first 2 locked up

Raph12
03-23-2012, 03:39 AM
#3 to #9 is close... One of those teams won't make the playoffs.

shep33
03-23-2012, 03:42 AM
It's absolutely nuts. You can drop fast in a week. Clips had a nice margin a little while back over the Lakers, now the Clips are 6th. Dallas has been moving around a lot, and that 8th seed is nutso.

Grizz have a good shot at 3rd too.

All that being said, regardless of HCA, I think seeds 3-8 can all beat each other.

Cano-Montero...
03-23-2012, 03:57 AM

I dont think no 2 is a lock.. Lakers have 3 games left against the spurs.. If they can beat them 3 times things can change...as for the no 1 slot, its OKC to lose.

mjokc
03-23-2012, 04:34 AM
OKC has a tough schedule ahead, and if we continue playing that BS, lazy *** style of basketball, I could see us dropping to 2/3 seed easily. I don't read too much into that Clipper win at all, they are probably the most overrated team in the NBA, not that good. Thunder are going to have to prove that they can beat good teams.

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-23-2012, 04:43 AM
I don't know why so many people are flipping over how close the records are. This isn't the Weak Eastern Conference. This is the Wild Wild West. Since 2007-08, this has been the case, where the 1st seed is the runaway winner in the standings and 2-8 are separated by one game a piece in the standings.

Some of you guys just overreact at stuff that's already happened before. :laugh2:

C-Style
03-23-2012, 04:46 AM
Spurs are not a lock for 2

GrandDaddyPurp
03-23-2012, 04:48 AM
The Thunder are the most overrated team in basketball. Nobody overrates the Clippers, we know they have a little work to do before they become contenders.

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-23-2012, 05:02 AM
The Thunder are the most overrated team in basketball. Nobody overrates the Clippers, we know they have a little work to do before they become contenders.

Thunder have many mental lapses on defense and aren't a strong overwhelming physical rebounding team. They remind me of that 08 Lakers team that lost in the finals. They were lights out averaging 3rd best in the NBA at 108.6 PPG (highest scoring Phil Jackson triangle offense team), but they were wildly inconsistent defensively and not as tough physically and in rebounding, which is why they eventually lost to Boston.

LTBaByyy
03-23-2012, 05:12 AM
Lakers start losing so we can have the 3rd seed!!

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-23-2012, 05:17 AM
Lakers start losing so we can have the 3rd seed!!

Didn't we beat up on you guys last night? Where were you, we missed you in the NBA Forum's game thread! :laugh2:

mjokc
03-23-2012, 07:00 AM

Number one seed in the West overrated? You are truly reaching there, a focused Thunder team can beat anyone in the NBA.

gradyygq
03-23-2012, 07:03 AM
http://www.vvio.info/jpg1It's absolutely nuts. You can drop fast in a week. Clips had a nice margin a little while back over the Lakers, now the Clips are 6th. Dallas has been moving around a lot, and that 8th seed is nutso.

Grizz have a good shot at 3rd too.

All that being said, regardless of HCA, I think seeds 3-8 can all beat each other.
Clips had a nice margin a little while back over the Lakers, now the Clips are 6th.

astrosmaniac
03-23-2012, 08:43 AM
Anyone else notice that only 5 teams in the west are over .500 against the other west teams? Crazy.

Also, yes the west has always been competitive, but when was the last time the difference between the 4 seed and the 9 seed was 1.5 games!

jimbobjarree
03-23-2012, 01:47 PM
lol if the Jazz get homecourt, wouldn't have believed you if you told me before the season we'd only be 1.5 games back at this stage. We're supposed to be rebuilding!

shep33
03-23-2012, 02:39 PM
Clips are 1 game ahead of the Jazz, so there is actually a chance they don't make it. That being said, they will make it, and be a tough team in the playoffs imo.

The good new for them is that they have 5 straight at home to get things going

willabeast77
03-23-2012, 02:58 PM
Clippers might now make it which is funny at this point

valade16
03-23-2012, 03:01 PM
lol if the Jazz get homecourt, wouldn't have believed you if you told me before the season we'd only be 1.5 games back at this stage. We're supposed to be rebuilding!

Trust me, as a Blazers fan, that is SO MUCH better than the other way around. :o

Lakers + Giants
03-23-2012, 04:22 PM

Weird how that works. Lakers are 4 games behind spurs in the loss column and mavs are 3 games behind lakers in the loss column but the mavs have a shot at the 3 seed but lakers don't have a shot at the 2 seed? HAHA. . mean *** ****in troll dude. Remove the homer/laker hater goggles honestly.

LTBaByyy
03-23-2012, 04:26 PM
If the Clippers don't make the playoffs :laugh:

Chris Paul should have waited to opt in hahaha the Clippers have the worst luck in the NBA

Avenged
03-23-2012, 04:28 PM
If the playoffs started today, Lakers would play the Clippers! :D That would be a great series.

netsgiantsyanks
03-23-2012, 04:31 PM
this is the eastern conference every year.

GrandDaddyPurp
03-23-2012, 07:11 PM
Number one seed in the West overrated? You are truly reaching there, a focused Thunder team can beat anyone in the NBA.

What exactly did the two number one seeds do last year? Regular season doesn't mean anything. No one is going to remember the Thunder for being the number one seed unless it translates into the postseason. The Thunder are going to regret rejecting that trade for Dwight when they don't have a strong presence in the middle against a team like the Lakers.

Vinylman
03-23-2012, 07:32 PM
ummm... no one can take the 3 seed away from the Lakers other than the clippers

also, only way memphis or dallas can be better than a 4 is if they pass up the spurs... not likely

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-23-2012, 07:32 PM
Hope the Clippers suck but down fall into the top 10 of the Draft.

Baller1
03-23-2012, 07:36 PM
What exactly did the two number one seeds do last year? Regular season doesn't mean anything. No one is going to remember the Thunder for being the number one seed unless it translates into the postseason. The Thunder are going to regret rejecting that trade for Dwight when they don't have a strong presence in the middle against a team like the Lakers.

So because the number one seeds lost last year, OKC is destined for the same fate? That's fair.

OKC was in WCF last year with no inside presence, why will it hurt us so much this season with the number one offense in the league and an improved Ibaka?

shep33
03-23-2012, 07:43 PM
Thunder are still the best out west. But man the west is so stacked...The Thunder might have the hardest road to a championship that I could ever remember.

I mean it could literally be Denver/Houston in round 1, Dallas/Memphis in round 2, LA/San Antonio in the WCF.

I still think OKC is the favorite to make it out west, but man, whoever makes it to the Finals out west, is in for a heck of a fight.

Baller1
03-23-2012, 07:59 PM
Thunder are still the best out west. But man the west is so stacked...The Thunder might have the hardest road to a championship that I could ever remember.

I mean it could literally be Denver/Houston in round 1, Dallas/Memphis in round 2, LA/San Antonio in the WCF.

I still think OKC is the favorite to make it out west, but man, whoever makes it to the Finals out west, is in for a heck of a fight.

Being 100% honest, I'm very nervous that OKC is going to get bounced early this year. Maybe it's just paranoia, but I honestly believe it.

shep33
03-23-2012, 08:05 PM
Being 100% honest, I'm very nervous that OKC is going to get bounced early this year. Maybe it's just paranoia, but I honestly believe it.

Honestly, I feel the same way about the Lakers. I wouldn't be surprised if we got the Clips or Grizz in the first round and just choke.

There are too many good teams out west, I still think you guys are the best though. These are going to be some wild playoffs, but I still think KD, Russ, and Harden take you guys to the Finals. I thinK KD is just gonna step it up to another level in the post season.

But yeah, there still is a possibility of upsets, no doubt about that.

GrandDaddyPurp
03-23-2012, 08:21 PM
So because the number one seeds lost last year, OKC is destined for the same fate? That's fair.

OKC was in WCF last year with no inside presence, why will it hurt us so much this season with the number one offense in the league and an improved Ibaka?

No you smartass, I was making a point. You shouldn't use regular season standings as an argument because they honestly don't mean jack **** unless the teams translates it into the postseason.

OKC got an easy route to the WCF last year. Similar to the Utah Jazz in 2007. Also, everyone knows offense doesn't win championships. OKC will have a very hard time against teams like the Spurs or Lakers if they end up playing either one.

GrkGawdofWalkz
03-23-2012, 08:23 PM
I dont think no 2 is a lock.. Lakers have 3 games left against the spurs.. If they can beat them 3 times things can change...as for the no 1 slot, its OKC to lose.

Number two is as close to a lock as one is. There is no guarantee on any seed really. Whether it's 1 or 10.

Baller1
03-23-2012, 08:25 PM
No you smartass, I was making a point. You shouldn't use regular season standings as an argument because they honestly don't mean jack **** unless the teams translates it into the postseason.

OKC got an easy route to the WCF last year. Similar to the Utah Jazz in 2007. Also, everyone knows offense doesn't win championships. OKC will have a very hard time against teams like the Spurs or Lakers if they end up playing either one.

In the first round we played the hottest team in all of basketball, and met the surging Grizzlies who were coming off a series win against the beloved Spurs. Not sure how that qualifies as an easy route, honestly.

Jenceman
03-23-2012, 08:44 PM
I just want the Lakers to get the 2 seed. Only 2.5 games back with 3 left against the Spurs. Go Dallas tonight.

GrandDaddyPurp
03-23-2012, 08:57 PM
In the first round we played the hottest team in all of basketball, and met the surging Grizzlies who were coming off a series win against the beloved Spurs. Not sure how that qualifies as an easy route, honestly.

Okay now you're just trolling. Hottest team in all of basketball? What the hell..

Surging Grizzlies and beloved Spurs? Do you write poetry now?

rockets-fan
03-23-2012, 09:00 PM
this is the eastern conference every year.

Your kidding right?? The weak eastern conference where sub .500 teams had made the playoffs before?

shep33
03-23-2012, 09:11 PM
Your kidding right?? The weak eastern conference where sub .500 teams had made the playoffs before?

Absolutely. The west is so dominant in terms of quality teams. It's no cakewalk even against teams like the Kings, Wolves, Warriors, Jazz who are all pretty young and talented teams.

Baller1
03-23-2012, 09:25 PM
Okay now you're just trolling. Hottest team in all of basketball? What the hell..

Surging Grizzlies and beloved Spurs? Do you write poetry now?

Sorry, I'll stop using adjectives. Wasn't aware that made things poetic.

Denver was the hottest team in basketball. That's fact, but thanks.

realsportsfan1
03-23-2012, 09:59 PM
The Western Conference is a lot better than the east, but that doesn't really matter because the east has the 2 best teams in basketball heat and bulls who get an easy road to the finals unlike the west thats the reason why I wish the lakers were in the east or the west had the teams that the east have.

samus
03-24-2012, 04:19 AM
Absolutely. The west is so dominant in terms of quality teams. It's no cakewalk even against teams like the Kings, Wolves, Warriors, Jazz who are all pretty young and talented teams.

Hey i agree. i recon they should change the playoff system. Utah houston denver and even phoenix and twolves deserve a playoff birth more that NY and Boston tbh. no troll. but then that would eliminate WCFnals and ECF and not sure if people would be happy about that?

but if i had to choose if I could watch all EC or WC playoffs games the WC is gonna be the most exciting matchups every matchup! so excited for playoffs

samus
03-24-2012, 04:22 AM
The Western Conference is a lot better than the east, but that doesn't really matter because the east has the 2 best teams in basketball heat and bulls who get an easy road to the finals unlike the west thats the reason why I wish the lakers were in the east or the west had the teams that the east have.

and the unfair thing about that is that Heat and Bulls will finish most of those series in 4 or 5 and will have lots of time to rest as nearly every Team in West will be battling 6 or 7 no time to rest and hectic fatigue and when it comes to finals

Spurred1
03-24-2012, 04:40 AM

Why would you think that? OKC has made improvements each year in the P.O.s and the guys are more playoff experienced. Derek Fisher is a real *******(sorry), but he's got tons of P.O experience and can mentor Westbrook. Perkins has also been through the playoff grinder with both the Celtics and your team.
I honestly don't think there will be any major upsets-the teams are basically all jammed together with only two clear frontrunners in OKC/SA. Everyone is capable of beating each other at this point.
I think it'll come down to either OKC or SA against the Heat in the Finals.

sixer04fan
03-24-2012, 11:50 AM
#3 to #9 is close... One of those teams won't make the playoffs.

Thank you captain obvious. Haha.

kdspurman
03-24-2012, 11:52 AM
Crazy if Dallas drops a couple games they're out of the playoffs. I don't foresee this happening at all, but has there been a scenario where a team wins it all and misses the playoffs the next year?

JordansBulls
03-26-2012, 01:41 PM
If the playoffs started today, Lakers would play the Clippers! :D That would be a great series.

That is the 1st round series I'd like to watch the most.