PDA

View Full Version : Are NBA the playoffs the same as the NFL playoffs?

itsripcity32
03-22-2012, 05:51 PM
giants "barely" made the playoffs and won the superbowl. You got anything else?

I mean they are right? Ask teammelo15. Just wondering? Cus I don't "got anything else" apparently.

Are the chances of an NBA team in the playoffs winning the whole thing the same? I mean it's pretty hard to predict the NBA final teams right? Just like the teams playing for the superbowl

heyman321
03-22-2012, 05:54 PM
The best team in the NBA usually wins. NFL playoffs are one game and your team can get either hot or cold for that one game, so it's MUCH harder to predict who will end up winning.

Celticsfan2007
03-22-2012, 06:02 PM
Anyone can win one game. Typically in 5-7 game series, the best team will win a majority of games.

One and done playoffs, are exciting and great for fans but its much harder to win in the NBA as a low seed than it is in the NFL.

PhillyFaninLA
03-22-2012, 06:09 PM
In the NFL any team can win on the right day.

In the NBA matchups win the series. A better team can lose because of a matchup but no its completely different if for no other reason then a series verse one game.

Public Enemy #1
03-22-2012, 06:13 PM
NFL and MLB are so very difficult to predict... It all depends on who's hot and who's cold. Cardinals and Giants are great examples. Basketball is very easy to predict, except last year. I was surprised the Heat didn't beat the Mavericks; but the Mavericks got extremely hot from 3 point range and found their groove at the perfect time.

GrandDaddyPurp
03-22-2012, 06:13 PM
Lower seeds don't really have a shot at the title. It does make some first round series very boring to watch. I've been saying that if the NBA had the top 16 teams in the entire league go to the playoffs instead of how they have it now, the playoffs would be much more competitive. I feel like then you could really say that the "best team" won.

TeamSeattle
03-22-2012, 06:34 PM
I mean they are right? Ask teammelo15. Just wondering? Cus I don't "got anything else" apparently.

Are the chances of an NBA team in the playoffs winning the whole thing the same? I mean it's pretty hard to predict the NBA final teams right? Just like the teams playing for the superbowl

The 99-00 nba season for none other than my own team is more than enough to justify my statement. I don't need to explain those circumstances.

valade16
03-22-2012, 06:35 PM
In the NFL any team can win on the right day.

In the NBA matchups win the series. A better team can lose because of a matchup but no its completely different if for no other reason then a series verse one game.

I think those are important in the NFL as well.

The Patriots vs the Giants are the perfect example. The Giants just matchup perfectly against the Patriots and it's no surprise they've won 3 of the last 4 games they've played vs them (with the one loss being by 3 points).

valade16
03-22-2012, 06:39 PM
NFL and MLB are so very difficult to predict... It all depends on who's hot and who's cold. Cardinals and Giants are great examples. Basketball is very easy to predict, except last year. I was surprised the Heat didn't beat the Mavericks; but the Mavericks got extremely hot from 3 point range and found their groove at the perfect time.

So doesn't this show that teams in the NBA can "get hot" in the same fashion a team from the NFL can get hot and have success in the playoffs?

I think that very thing is possible I just think it doesn't necessarily translate to Titles because the NBA playoffs are far longer so they have to sustain that hotstreak for far longer.

Some examples I remember of teams getting hot are the 8th seeded Knicks in that lockout shortened 99 (I believe was the year), the Orlando Magic when they went to the Finals with Dwight (everybody was on fire from 3-point range, then they returned to normal and lost the finals), and when the Warriors beat the Mavericks that 1st round series...

Raph12
03-22-2012, 06:58 PM
No it's not the same; one and dones are completely different... The NBA playoffs are all about matchups.

Gram
03-22-2012, 10:32 PM
I agree.

Hawkeye15
03-22-2012, 10:43 PM
no

2-ONE-5
03-22-2012, 10:52 PM
they are nothing a like. the NBA plays 7 game series and the NFL plays 1 game. def not thread worthy

Sadds The Gr8
03-22-2012, 10:54 PM
NFL playoffs are 100x better.

Ezio
03-22-2012, 10:55 PM
Any given Sunday. NBA has few upsets but the Conference Championships are usually predicted right.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-22-2012, 11:02 PM
The NBA playoffs have NBA teams while the NFL players have NFL teams.

So yea, they are the same.