PDA

View Full Version : The "New" (And Improved?) New York Knicks

BigHarryPNis
03-21-2012, 11:49 PM
OK I know basically everyone hates the Knicks, including some of our own fans *Rolls eyes at those guys* but I have a question for the general NBA-populous...

Do you think the Knicks were dogging it during the last few days of D'Antoni?

If you caught the 76ers game on ESPN tonight you might have noticed that Amare has a spring to his step we have not seen all year long.

I think so but I'm asking fans of other teams so my bias does not get in the way.

Slimsim
03-21-2012, 11:51 PM
small sample size

SKINSZARDS
03-21-2012, 11:52 PM
It could be possible. It wasn't a secret that at least Melo didn't like Mike D, other players may not have liked him either. And they haven't added anyone, it's the same lineup playin 10x better under Woodson now though. So it's possible

Swashcuff
03-21-2012, 11:52 PM
Okay seriously this is just a troll posting as a Knicks fan (or just a troll) attempting to give Knicks fans a bad name. The mods should take a look into person with multiple accounts.

justinnum1
03-21-2012, 11:54 PM
bigharrypnis huh?

theheatles
03-21-2012, 11:58 PM
can we wait until the knicks are at least the 6th seed for this?

waveycrockett
03-22-2012, 12:01 AM
Who are the Knicks?

PurpleJesus
A lot of talent on that team. I would hate to have to play them in the playoffs, cause talent can erupt at any moment.

KaganRS
I don't hate the Knicks.

D Roses Bulls
I'm lookin at the box score and the shooting percentages. This game was a fluke. NY was lucky on this one. Lin needs to stop shooting so damn much. teams figured his game out. they need to stop letting lin shoot so much and make him a distributor. everyone is going to make a big deal out of this like they did over linsanity when they beat a bunch of ****** *** teams. they play the raptors next so it will probably go to 5 and 0. but I mean I don't think the knicks are really that good. they need someone to teach them how to play defense and someone who is smart and tells lin to ****ing stop shooting and concentrate on passing.

justinnum1
03-22-2012, 12:03 AM
That game was pretty close considering how bad philly played.

meloman1592
03-22-2012, 12:04 AM
I'm lookin at the box score and the shooting percentages. This game was a fluke. NY was lucky on this one. Lin needs to stop shooting so damn much. teams figured his game out. they need to stop letting lin shoot so much and make him a distributor. everyone is going to make a big deal out of this like they did over linsanity when they beat a bunch of ****** *** teams. they play the raptors next so it will probably go to 5 and 0. but I mean I don't think the knicks are really that good. they need someone to teach them how to play defense and someone who is smart and tells lin to ****ing stop shooting and concentrate on passing.

back to back with indy was a fluke too right?

meloman1592
03-22-2012, 12:05 AM
That game was pretty close considering how bad philly played.

and new york played well?

BigHarryPNis
03-22-2012, 12:06 AM
Philly was horrible in the 4th quarter, I'll admit that.

However I think the Knicks defense played a role in that. They did a great job contesting shots, especially on the perimeter. I counted no less than 3 airballs by Philly - either their shots were blocked or they just short armed it.

Amare's defense on Brand in the 2nd half was legit.

Carmelo had a bad game though. Credit to Iggy.

justinnum1
03-22-2012, 12:06 AM
and new york played well?

melo and lin played how they usually do, amare had a nice game

on a side note, i feel honored to have received a PM from BigHarryPnis

Slimsim
03-22-2012, 12:13 AM
Did Iman Play elite Defense only thing i care about is his development

Crackadalic
03-22-2012, 12:13 AM

When will the "Knicks don't play defense" label come off.

You didnt even watch the game and are basing it on just the boxscore

W/e

meloman1592
03-22-2012, 12:16 AM

on a side note, i feel honored to have received a PM from BigHarryPnis

:crazy:

BigHarryPNis
03-22-2012, 12:17 AM
Iman's defense is fine and actually looks to be improving as the season goes by.

My biggest concern is when he's going up against star players. Tonight they allowed him to be physical, but if he's going up against the Black Mamba's of the league will he be allowed to get in his jersey?

It's a matter of respect.

justinnum1
03-22-2012, 12:18 AM
Did Iman Play elite Defense only thing i care about is his development

yea, he had some nice moments

Raph12
03-22-2012, 12:21 AM
Too early to tell, but from what I've seen, they're trying to rely on their defense to win games for them and it has worked so far... Can't believe I just said that about a team with guys like Melo and Amare on it.

NYsFinest
03-22-2012, 12:22 AM

He also shot a combined 12-20 in the 2 games before that.... 23 yearss old in his first year running an NBA team and averaging 15ppg and 6.5 apg on 46% shooting in 27 mpg.... i'll take it.

29$JerZ
03-22-2012, 12:25 AM

Your first sentence makes your entire argument invalid.
The Knicks do play defense, don't know why this misconception is still being talked about. Lin is also great in the 4th quarter which is why he gets more shots down the stretch. He shot badly early but lit it up a la TeBow. It's not a big deal.

AI
03-22-2012, 12:32 AM
You can always tell how a game was played by the box score :rolleyes:

NYkillaPriest
03-22-2012, 12:42 AM

the only thing that you got right in that entire post was the first line...you were so far off with just about every other aspect of the post...just so you cant argue I'll show you

1) we outplayed them and they made a big run to get back in it..they got lucky
2) Lin wasn't chucking and is our 3rd best scorer and Melo and Amare got their looks
3)Pacers 2x and 76ers 3 of 5 games
4) I we win against the Raptors it will be 6-0
5)jury is still out on how good they are
6) Knicks have been one of the best defensive teams this season and already covered lin

Becks2307
03-22-2012, 12:48 AM

uhhhh what?

melo had 10 pts which is about half his average
lin shot 4-17 he is shooting 45% on the years.

oak2455
03-22-2012, 12:51 AM
I want him in me !

:speechless::speechless::speechless::facepalm: WTF!?!

DoMeFavors
03-22-2012, 12:51 AM
the only thing that you got right in that entire post was the first line...you were so far off with just about every other aspect of the post...just so you cant argue I'll show you

1) we outplayed them and they made a big run to get back in it..they got lucky
2) Lin wasn't chucking and is our 3rd best scorer and Melo and Amare got their looks
3)Pacers 2x and 76ers 3 of 5 games
4) I we win against the Raptors it will be 6-0
5)jury is still out on how good they are
6) Knicks have been one of the best defensive teams this season and already covered lin

Thats not fact thats opinion...if you watch their defense they arent good at all. Good defensive teams dont have losing records.

NYkillaPriest
03-22-2012, 12:55 AM
Thats not fact thats opinion...if you watch their defense they arent good at all. Good defensive teams dont have losing records.

no that is 100% fact...all season long we have been top 10 defensively and as of late we have been playing our best defense...I'm not saying we have been good defensively for the past few seasons but this year we definitely have been...the numbers don't lie so quit living in last year

DoMeFavors
03-22-2012, 12:57 AM
no that is 100% fact...all season long we have been top 10 defensively and as of late we have been playing our best defense...I'm not saying we have been good defensively for the past few seasons but this year we definitely have been...the numbers don't lie so quit living in last year

Umm no..

playing at a slower pace can keep the score down unlike how Knicks have played for the past 4 years, but the defense is really below top 15.

NYtilIdie
03-22-2012, 01:02 AM
Umm no..

playing at a slower pace can keep the score down unlike how Knicks have played for the past 4 years, but the defense is really below top 15.

We're 7th in defensive rating

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/NYK/2012.html

Losoway
03-22-2012, 01:02 AM
Knicks are backs

we gonna finish with 6th seed

DoMeFavors
03-22-2012, 01:03 AM
We're 7th in defensive rating

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/NYK/2012.html

Because its on a website and its a rating its true? If a movie has a high rating does that mean its fact? no

NYkillaPriest
03-22-2012, 01:05 AM
Umm no..

well that is why websites use per 100 possessions where the Knicks are top 10 like I said...yeah that adjust to pace so your wrong so quit trying...please

ziglur
03-22-2012, 01:05 AM
Anthony was way to jealous to let Lin get all that attention so he made sure it didnt work Lin and Fields wouldnt pass him the ball everytime he wanted it and Antoni agreed with them.. He wanted a black coach who would let him be the star again and he got his way. Hes no different than a lot of other players in the NBA. The bottom line is the Knicks are playing well now.

AI
03-22-2012, 01:07 AM

Your post is an opinion. Yes, they are a good defensive team.

NYtilIdie
03-22-2012, 01:07 AM
Because its on a website and its a rating its true? If a movie has a high rating does that mean its fact? no

Yes, because its on a credible website that uses formulas to determine facts about basketball teams :laugh: whats so hard to grasp about that.

Um, yes! If you say a movie sucks then I give you reviews that clearly give the movie high ratings then most likely its a bad *** movie.

NYkillaPriest
03-22-2012, 01:12 AM
Anthony was way to jealous to let Lin get all that attention so he made sure it didnt work Lin and Fields wouldnt pass him the ball everytime he wanted it and Antoni agreed with them.. He wanted a black coach who would let him be the star again and he got his way. Hes no different than a lot of other players in the NBA. The bottom line is the Knicks are playing well now.

I really doubt that this had anything to do with Melo not liking D'Antoni...I guarantee he would not mind being the focus of a Phil Jackson triangle offense...ps Phil is white

DoMeFavors
03-22-2012, 01:14 AM
Cant believe you Knick fans are taking positives away from having a top 10 defense, if you have a top 10 offense and you arent winning games it doesnt matter. Knicks are a losing team.

NYkillaPriest
03-22-2012, 01:21 AM
Cant believe you Knick fans are taking positives away from having a top 10 defense, if you have a top 10 offense and you arent winning games it doesnt matter. Knicks are a losing team.

and the Nets are just losing...I wouldn't call it a team...New Jersey losing their team..Lost out on Howard...lost all of your draft for D Will...losing D Will...beyond losing record..owner has a losing attitude(the Nets can go 0-82 and I'll look at you like this **** gravy)...losing money on that mud group of players...when yall get to Brooklyn yall can get one of those spanish jerseys so you can be the LOSS Nets

and earlier you said we play at a slower pace causing teams to score less...wrong again were still 2nd in the league in pace...now I know your a die hard Nets fan cause your losing this argument...must be growing on you lol

ps the season isn't over so I guess the record doesn't matter and as it stands today were in the playoffs..when we get there record doesn't matter

DoMeFavors
03-22-2012, 01:24 AM
and the Nets are just losing...I wouldn't call it a team...New Jersey losing their team..Lost out on Howard...lost all of your draft for D Will...losing D Will...beyond losing record..owner has a losing attitude(the Nets can go 0-82 and I'll look at you like this **** gravy)...losing money on that mud group of players...when yall get to Brooklyn yall can get one of those spanish jerseys so you can be the LOSS Nets

and earlier you said we play at a slower pace causing teams to score less...wrong again were still 2nd in the league in pace...now I know your a die hard Nets fan cause your losing this argument...must be growing on you lol

ps the season isn't over so I guess the record doesn't matter and as it stands today were in the playoffs..when we get there record doesn't matter

Lets stay on topic, atleast I remember the last time my team won a playoff game...there are teenagers now that werent even alive last time that happend for the Knicks..I would be embrassed to be a fan of that team.

NYkillaPriest
03-22-2012, 01:29 AM
Lets stay on topic, atleast I remember the last time my team won a playoff game...there are teenagers now that werent even alive last time that happend for the Knicks..I would be embrassed to be a fan of that team.

yea well its a good thing I'm not a teenager and remember the last time the Knicks won a playoff game so that point is bleak...but lets stay on topic...the new and improved Knicks are firing on all cylinders right now..it's surprising that they are below 500 but that should change soon...they've been playing so good I wouldn't bet against their bench winning more games than the Nets this season

BigHarryPNis
03-22-2012, 01:33 AM
I'm so sick and tired of people making jokes about the Knicks being under .500

Look, the team simply gave up under Mike D'Antoni. They had no passion, no life, no fun.

The team has made a complete 180 (It's not a 360 for those of you who are academically challenged) turn-around under Woodson.

Melo lead Denver to the playoff's every single season he was over there. You guys really think he along with Amare, Chandler, Lin, Shumpert, Davis, JR, Novak, etc is not enough to make the playoff's in the East?

Come on now.

AI
03-22-2012, 01:40 AM
/close please.

Blitzace137
03-22-2012, 01:45 AM
[QUOTE=D Roses Bulls;21457694]I'm lookin at the box score and the shooting percentages. This game was a fluke. NY was lucky on this one. Lin needs to stop shooting so damn much. teams figured his game out. they need to stop letting lin shoot so much and make him a distributor. everyone is going to make a big deal out of this like they did over linsanity when they beat a bunch of ****** *** teams. they play the raptors next so it will probably go to 5 and 0. but I mean I don't think the knicks are really that good. they need someone to teach them how to play defense and someone who is smart and tells lin to ****ing stop shooting and concentrate on passing.[/QUOT

Clear example of why box scores do not tell the whole story. Knicks were in a back to back coming in. This game was no fluke, if you watched the game you could tell the Knicks have picked up their intensity. Sixers started off the game 0-14 due to Knicks playing great defense under Woodson. Look at Lin's stats over the past couple of games minus this one very efficient only averaging about 11-12 shots a game and has been taking care of the ball. Please do some research before you go bashing Lin and the knicks. Small sample but Woodson has them playing defense and this was no fluke. Lin scored 16 of his 18 3-6 fg and 10-10 from free throw line plus a key block in the fourth. Yes he started off bad but he closed the game out tonight single handedly. If you don't watch the games and only see highlights and box score please don't come out criticizing the knicks.

Lin stats last 5 games

vs Portland 2-4 FG 6 points 6 assist 4 reb 2-2ft 6 To 1block
vs Pacers 3-7 FG 13 points 5 assist 5reb 6-6 ft 3 TO 1block
vs Pacers 6-10 FG 19 points 6 assist 7reb 7-8 ft 2 TO 1 block.... 9 points in 4th closed close game for win
vs Toronto 6-10 FG 18 points 10 assist 3reb 4-4ft 3 TO 1block
vs Sixers 4-17 FG 18 points 3assist 5reb 10-10ft 2 TO 1 block.... 16 points of his 18 in fourth and 10-10 crucial free throws in the forth quarter

And if I remember correctly he played pretty good defense in the 5 game win streak and against rose 12-29 not bad if you ask me he will only get better. Woodson has him playing the right way. Troll thread but had too :D

lvlheaded
03-22-2012, 11:32 AM
Chances are this is a Net fan. There trolls seem to be hellbent on giving us Knick fans a worse name than some of the ridiculous real Knick fans already do haha.

I feel bad for the Nets real fans that have to take the name that some of their trolls give them

nycsports2
03-22-2012, 11:36 AM
I wna c us play the heat okc and bulls again...

oak2455
03-22-2012, 11:38 AM
I doubt it's a net fan, I think the knick fans on here pissed a lot more people than us 3 net fans on here

why would Knick fans be pissed?? are the 8th seed, 3 games back of fading Philly, and own the tie breaker for the division.....so why again would Knick fans be mad ?

Deemerc
03-22-2012, 11:41 AM
U tell me, why would it automatically be a nets fan to start these threads. Considering the nets have about 20 fans in the world

tcav701
03-22-2012, 11:57 AM
Haven't we been through this a million times already?

I've never seen so much hype for a sub .500 team.

CudiOnMyiPod
03-22-2012, 12:19 PM
Yeah, every game they lost it was because they were sending a message. The Knicks are actually 47-0. They are by far the best team.

Well, that's my one post a day in a Knicks thread.

smith&wesson
03-22-2012, 12:23 PM
can we wait until the knicks are at least the 6th seed for this?

just saying but if knew york wins its division they will finish top 4.

they just need to have a better record then the 76ers and celtics and they arent that far behind those two teams so it is possible they still finish top 4.

heyman321
03-22-2012, 12:25 PM
Knicks are back baby yeah!!!!! Amare for rookie of the year

sep11ie
03-22-2012, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the extra lotto pick Knicks...

Da Knicks
03-22-2012, 01:03 PM

thanks for jeremy lin!:D

He115ing
03-22-2012, 01:05 PM

Haters are soo sad...

He115ing
03-22-2012, 01:08 PM
thanks for jeremy lin!:d

+1

TeamSeattle
03-22-2012, 01:17 PM
When the knicks play good the nba goes gaga over them. They play in the basketball mecca so this is bound to happen.

driz
03-22-2012, 01:43 PM
I don't get what's so awful about the topic. A change of regime can have a big impact...especially when your top player is OPENLY butting heads with the coach.

oak2455
03-22-2012, 01:49 PM
thanks for jeremy lin!:D

:clap:

jrm2054
03-22-2012, 01:56 PM
I really hope they keep it up and make the playoffs they are fun to watch when clicking

leftymo
03-22-2012, 03:28 PM
Improved?

Doubt it.

During Linsanity, I took a look at the schedule. A lot of home games vs. bad teams.

Then I looked at early March when they faced good teams on the road.

D'antoni was fired.

Now they are back to playing bad teams and mostly at home...

Wake me up when the Knicks are a top #4 seed. Unlike the Pistons (yes, its true nobody wants to live in Detroit), the Knicks haven't been relevant for 10+ years.

TeamSeattle
03-22-2012, 03:31 PM
Improved?

Doubt it.

During Linsanity, I took a look at the schedule. A lot of home games vs. bad teams.

Then I looked at early March when they faced good teams on the road.

D'antoni was fired.

Now they are back to playing bad teams and mostly at home...

Wake me up when the Knicks are a top #4 seed. Unlike the Pistons (yes, its true nobody wants to live in Detroit), the Knicks haven't been relevant for 10+ years.

philly & pacers are bad teams?...wow would you people wake up. We are beating playoff teams during this stretch, get over it.

RCarlson85
03-22-2012, 03:33 PM
They appeared to be improved and went on a nice run when Lin first got his chance. We all know what happened with that eventually though. Not to say they aren't improved and won't finish the season strong, I'm just not going to believe that they have really turned things around permanently based on the fact that we've seen this before just recently.

itsripcity32
03-22-2012, 04:45 PM
Sorry, how long were you guys terrible for before 2010? ;)

Not only were the knicks terrible back then, but they aren't even great now. How can a knick "fan" call another team mediocre when they are fighting for a playoff spot? Mediocrity = 8th seed.

It's okay knick "fans." u guys got shumplinmmnimg!

knicks=love
03-22-2012, 05:17 PM
doesn't matter cause were talking about now...Detroit would trade their starting line up for our bench and would improve that is the definition of a sad team

i don't want anyone on their team other than monroe.

NYkillaPriest
03-22-2012, 05:24 PM
They appeared to be improved and went on a nice run when Lin first got his chance. We all know what happened with that eventually though. Not to say they aren't improved and won't finish the season strong, I'm just not going to believe that they have really turned things around permanently based on the fact that we've seen this before just recently.

no we haven't seen this before...last time it was against bad teams without our stars...then they came back and had to adjust...now we have put this run together with our players healthy...if you don't like the fact that were getting so much unjustified attention quit adding fuel to the fire...the more yall complain about it the more threads are going to pop up on the subject and if yall bash the Knicks what fan isnt going to respond

RCarlson85
03-22-2012, 05:31 PM
no we haven't seen this before...last time it was against bad teams without our stars...then they came back and had to adjust...now we have put this run together with our players healthy...if you don't like the fact that were getting so much unjustified attention quit adding fuel to the fire...the more yall complain about it the more threads are going to pop up on the subject and if yall bash the Knicks what fan isnt going to respond

Yes we have seen this before. It's called the entire season for the Knicks, up and down like a roller coaster. They have been so inconsistent all season whether they've had their stars in or not. No one but Knicks fans (and not even all Knicks fans) actually believes that these 4 games mean that their season is saved and that they're a legitimate threat in the East.

nycsports2
03-22-2012, 05:39 PM
been a knick fan my whole life and im not sold... too be honest were not gonna know what kind of team we are until this season is said and done. the knicks imo right now can beat anyone but they can also lose to anyone

Jesse2272
03-22-2012, 05:40 PM
Yes we have seen this before. It's called the entire season for the Knicks, up and down like a roller coaster. They have been so inconsistent all season whether they've had their stars in or not. No one but Knicks fans (and not even all Knicks fans) actually believes that these 4 games mean that their season is saved and that they're a legitimate threat in the East.

^^^This (not all Knicks fans)

:facepalm:Too small a sample size, check back at the start of the playoffs

nycsports2
03-22-2012, 05:41 PM
giants "barely" made the playoffs and won the superbowl. You got anything else?

hes shumps #1 fan lol he really would be the best player on his team

Avenged
03-22-2012, 06:18 PM
64 deleted posts in here.. Sorry for getting in this late and not closing it earlier.. I don't really get these constant complaints about the Mods when it's you guys doing all the trolling, baiting, and insulting in the first place.

Reporting posts/threads or PM'ing a Mod is the best way to go to get these handled quickly.