PDA

View Full Version : Weirdest season for a team in NBA history?

AddiX
03-21-2012, 01:28 AM
Is this the weirdest season a franchise has ever had in NBA season?

This isn't a bash thread or a I love the Knicks thread.

But WTF is going on? Has there ever been a weirder season for a team than the Knicks right now? We amnestied billups, got Chandler, sucked, insanity (nothing like insanity has ever happened in the NBA) all the talks of trade amsre, trade melo, cut our coach, get a new coach, now were playing great.

On top of that adding baron Davis, jr smith, even Jared Jeffries (maybe the most hated knick of the past 5 years) is attacking the rim and playing phenomenal.

Steve Novak? Who?

We started with Douglas as a starting pg, now he doesn't even play.

Has there been a weirder season for a team in the NBA?

DoMeFavors
03-21-2012, 01:34 AM
Probably the 2004 Lakers seemed like there was some much tension between Shaq and Kobe and Shaq wanted his extension in the playoffs which lead to them failing.

Bulls_fan90
03-21-2012, 01:48 AM
And yet they're still 22-24 and probably going to miss the playoffs. Pretty crazy.

sunsfan88
03-21-2012, 02:09 AM
Yea if they had just fired D'Antoni 46 games earlier then it probably won't have been as "weird" of a season and maybe would have even been a success.

5ass
03-21-2012, 02:20 AM
yes pretty crazy season for knicks fans, theres always something new. Hopefully they keep it up i want to see them perform in the play offs.

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-21-2012, 02:34 AM
How about this yr's Lakers?

- Bye bye Phil/Tex and the Triangle after 11 out of 12 yrs in Los Angeles (5 titles and 7 finals appearances)

- B. Shaw thought he was going to get hired but didn't even when he had Kobe and Fish's blessing. Ends ups as associate coach of the Pacers.

- Hello Mr. Potato Head (defensive minded coach). Ownership doesn't even talk to Kobe to see what he thinks.

- Kobe PRP surgery - given the license to jack up shots, going for that 3rd scoring title #kobesystem

- Ron Artest transforms into Metta World Peace overnight :laugh2:

- Lakers Get Chris Paul ZOMGG!!!!!!!!!! :speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::s peechless:
(Bye Pau and Lamar)

- 6 minutes later, MJ, Cuban, Gilbert and Stern VETO.....for basketball reasons

- Clips get CP3, now known over more exciting team and better team on paper than the Lakers. (when was the last time that happened?)

- Welcome back Pau and Lamar

- 48 hrs later, bye bye Lamar for good to Dallas (Defending champs) for a pick and a wasted TPE.

- Bye Shannon Brown, go join PHX

- Hello Lakers saviors, trio of white boys in Kapono, Mcbob and Murphy

- Pau pouts (Do I stay or do I go?) :(

- What is wrong with the Lakers offense?

- Lakers point guard issues? Rookies Goudelock and Morris the answer?? :confused:

- Get Dwight. Get Deron. Get Beasley. Get Arenas. Get Rasheed. blah blah blah

- Revealed that Mitch has no say while Jimbaco and Sexy Chaz the Bartender run the organization

- Bynum 1st All-star bid, Pau not an all-star but the guy he was traded for in that unfair trade (brother Marc) becomes first time all-star

- Wade breaks Kobe's nose in an all-star game, there comes THE MASK

- Walton+Kapono+1st rounder turns into Sessions and Eyenga

- No loyalty in Lakerland....Fisher and Dallas pick turns into Jordan Hill

- Fisher signs w/ West rival, best team in West OKC Thunder

- Lakers road woes continue...

- Kobe's divorce. No, back together b/c caught kissing Vanessa on Valentine's Day. No, they're getting a divorce.

Did I miss anything? ;)

itsripcity32
03-21-2012, 02:41 AM
KNICKS ARE BACK. NBA CHAMPIONSHIP 2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2014-2015, 2015-2016, 2016- 2017... and so on. TILL LINSANITY RETIRES.

Not 1, 2, 3, 4, but LINSANITY amount of rings!

Meatmypet
03-21-2012, 02:42 AM
Yea if they had just fired D'Antoni 46 games earlier then it probably won't have been as "weird" of a season and maybe would have even been a success.

The irony of you being a Suns fan but disliking D'Antoni.

THE GIPPER
03-21-2012, 02:49 AM
This might be the weirdest thread in NBA forum history but thats about it.

AI
03-21-2012, 02:58 AM
And yet they're still 22-24 and probably going to miss the playoffs. Pretty crazy.

You wish. I'll sigbet you that if the Knicks face the Bulls in the playoffs NY would win.

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-21-2012, 03:00 AM
You wish. I'll sigbet you that if the Knicks face the Bulls in the playoffs NY would win.

Can I label this as post of the night?

bholly
03-21-2012, 04:27 AM

lol. bullsfan, do it, please.

GrandDaddyPurp
03-21-2012, 04:32 AM

I think he's most definitely going to take that sig bet. There should be something added to the bet that if the Knicks don't make it to the playoffs then you lose the bet regardless.

D1JM
03-21-2012, 04:40 AM
crazy as in threads made. they are back! fire dantoni! melo is the problem! they are back! linsanity! novak! Dantoni is god, all he needed was a mini-nash! whats wrong with the knicks?! trade melo! trade amare! lin a bust! Fire dantoni! dantoni was the problem! players gave up on dantoni!

****en roller coaster

JOhnnyTHaJet
03-21-2012, 04:41 AM

Would win what? A game?

Bulls fan needs to take this sig bet and run.

D1JM
03-21-2012, 04:41 AM
more mood swings than a woman going through menopause

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-21-2012, 04:42 AM

LMFAO, bulls would sweep the knicks

D1JM
03-21-2012, 04:45 AM

ill bet you. :box:

shep33
03-21-2012, 04:46 AM
The Lakers have had a messed up year to say the least.

Bulls_fan90
03-21-2012, 07:03 AM

Deal!!! In my sig already.

Crackadalic
03-21-2012, 08:45 AM
Tie between the Lakers and Knicks.

torocan
03-21-2012, 11:08 AM
LMFAO, bulls would sweep the knicks

Bulls are a better team right now, but a sweep? That's probably going a bit far. Even based on luck alone, NYK should win at least 1 barring injuries/complete meltdown.

That said, I won't predict any outcomes until we see another 6-7 games from the Knicks.

Smelling too much like the post-coach effect still.

JPS
03-21-2012, 11:16 AM
Is this the weirdest season a franchise has ever had in NBA season?

This isn't a bash thread or a I love the Knicks thread.

But WTF is going on? Has there ever been a weirder season for a team than the Knicks right now? We amnestied billups, got Chandler, sucked, insanity (nothing like insanity has ever happened in the NBA) all the talks of trade amsre, trade melo, cut our coach, get a new coach, now were playing great.

On top of that adding baron Davis, jr smith, even Jared Jeffries (maybe the most hated knick of the past 5 years) is attacking the rim and playing phenomenal.

Steve Novak? Who?

We started with Douglas as a starting pg, now he doesn't even play.

Has there been a weirder season for a team in the NBA?

There have been plenty of up and down "weird' seasons by numerous NBA teams in the past. Has there ever been more media hype and larger national following of the "weird" stuff going on. Probably not.

BALLER R
03-21-2012, 11:30 AM
lol to that knicks vs bulls, knicks would win. Lets not get carried away just yet. Bulls are playing out of their minds right now they will be a dangerous team come playoff time. Its weird tho I don't know why but i can see the knicks beating the heat but not the bulls. I don't know why though. Just a thought.

WAYNEBO
03-21-2012, 11:34 AM
The Knicks melodrama is just NY.... all NYC sports teams are in a pressure cooker to win ASAP, and the urgency is actually a nice problem to have.

This Lakers season takes the cake for weirdness.

KingPosey
03-21-2012, 11:49 AM
Linsanity?

KingPosey
03-21-2012, 11:54 AM
The fans have been insane. In a vacuum, they have played like an 8th seeded team in the East does. Inconsistent.

justinnum1
03-21-2012, 12:17 PM

:laugh2:

That would be something.

benzni
03-21-2012, 12:33 PM

as usual.

AI
03-21-2012, 06:27 PM
Deal!!! In my sig already.

PM me the terms, don't care what they are, I'm confident we can get it done if we happen to meet in the playoffs.