PDA

View Full Version : Fired up! Our 2013 Opening Day Roster??

The_Jet11
03-21-2012, 01:20 AM
In another year, there will be quite a few guys knocking at the door, trying to take our team to the next level.

Now I know that the team we field will not look like the one below, but if it did, I can't say I wouldn't be excited... so many top prospects, and it wouldn't take into account any trades or FA signings.

Imagine this "All Youngsters" opening day roster (assuming letting ALL of our FAs walk or get moved at the deadline!)

Line-Up

Gone: EE (FA), Johnson (FA), Mathis (FA), Davis? (3mill option), Vizquel (FA)

C - Arencibia (R)
1B - Lind (L)
2B - Escobar (R)
3B - Lawrie (R)
SS - Hechevaria (R)
LF - Snider (L)
CF - Rasmus (L) (or Gose, if Rasmus doesn't work out)
RF - Bautista (R)
DH - Thames (L)

Bench (but i'll use the term loosely cause I want to see these guys get lots of ABs!)
1B/DH - Cooper (L)
C - D'Arnaud (R)
OF - Gose (L)
UTIL - Diaz? (R)

Rotation

Gone: McGowan (FA)

Romero (L)
Morrow (R)
Alvarez (R)
Hutchison (R)
Drabek (R) (McGuire, Nicolino, Syndergaard in the minors ready to step in)

Bullpen

Gone: Frasor (FA), Cordero (FA), Villanueva (FA)

LNG Cecil (L)
MID Jenkins (R)
MID Crawford (L)
MID Carreno (R)
SU Oliver (L)
SU Janssen (R)
CL Santos (R)

I included 3 lefties out of the pen because we'd only have 1 LH in the rotation.

Overall, i doubt there's a team out there with more "potential". But again, i know things will pan out differently.

mtf
03-21-2012, 04:42 AM
How many times do we need to list the lineup. Yes, I know this one has the super interesting twist of being "2013" but come on...

And by the way, D'Arnaud is not going to be riding the bench. Either he or JPA will be traded when D'Arnaud is ready to play in the majors. Anthopoulos has been quite clear that both maintain maximum value as starting catchers at the big league level.

R. Johnson#3
03-21-2012, 08:52 AM
Yunel will not be moving from SS. If he does then John Farrell has lost his mind.

AA09-?
03-21-2012, 09:52 AM
How many times do we need to list the lineup. Yes, I know this one has the super interesting twist of being "2013" but come on...

And by the way, D'Arnaud is not going to be riding the bench. Either he or JPA will be traded when D'Arnaud is ready to play in the majors. Anthopoulos has been quite clear that both maintain maximum value as starting catchers at the big league level.

Agreed.

AA09-?
03-21-2012, 09:53 AM
Yunel will not be moving from SS. If he does then John Farrell has lost his mind.

I also doubt that Yunel will end up at second base. It's more likely that Hech will be in a different org. at some point.

JaysFan87
03-21-2012, 09:54 AM
And why would you let EE/Johnson before knowing what they will do this year?

KaiserSose
03-21-2012, 09:57 AM
Poor E5. The guy is a baller and gets no love.

AA09-?
03-21-2012, 10:02 AM
Poor E5. The guy is a baller and gets no love.

Yeah, it's great how he shows up for a couple of months of the season.:rolleyes:

KaiserSose
03-21-2012, 10:22 AM
Yeah, it's great how he shows up for a couple of months of the season.:rolleyes:

:mad:

and in the 2 months he is awake, out-produces Lind and Snider (and is better than Cooper imo)

Imagine if he is conscious for a full season!

The_Jet11
03-21-2012, 12:30 PM
all this thread was trying to do is show that IF we lost each of our FAs, didn't make any trades, and filled our 25 man roster with top prospects from within the organization, that that team would remain pretty interesting, and arguably very competitive.

Think of it as a display of the waves of talent that AA is trying to establish.

es0terik
03-21-2012, 03:01 PM
That team doesn't look like a contender to me at all.

AA09-?
03-21-2012, 04:37 PM
:mad:

and in the 2 months he is awake, out-produces Lind and Snider (and is better than Cooper imo)

Imagine if he is conscious for a full season!

Much closer than you think...and he didn't do it over 2 months he played the entire season.

R. Johnson#3
03-22-2012, 12:05 PM
He does show up with a bat for a month or two every year but he fields with a glove that's made of swiss cheese year in year out. He also improved his throwing this year at the "Stevie Wonder Centre For 3rd Basemen Who Can't Throw Good"