PDA

View Full Version : Paul Millsap Thread

Meaze_Gibson
03-21-2012, 01:06 AM
1st off, I am not a Jazz fan but I must give respect where it is due. He always rises to the occasion and is consistent as they come. I remember Heat played them last year, and being the arrogant fan I am, I thought it would be a cakewalk. He chastized me to the tune of 46 pts and 9 rebounds. My friends laughed at me until he came around and gave their fave teams buckets too. No one is laughing anymore...

A highly skilled offensive player who can take 4's off the dribble, shoot the midrange, and outhustle you on the boards.

Defensively, quick hands to get almost 2 steals a game from the four spot and almost 1 block at 6'8.

He is what I thought Corliss Williamson would be. He is a the person who kills your favorite team. He is the best tweener forward in the NBA and the most underrated player in the League.

justinnum1
03-21-2012, 01:10 AM
Dont even bring up that ****ing game. I walked out the arena with the heat up like 9 and 40 seconds left:facepalm:

5ass
03-21-2012, 01:14 AM
love milsap. he's a future all star

Slimsim
03-21-2012, 01:17 AM
love milsap. he's a future all star

not if he stays in the west

Meaze_Gibson
03-21-2012, 01:18 AM
Dont even bring up that ****ing game. I walked out the arena with the heat up like 9 and 40 seconds left:facepalm:

I was watchin game and left to goto a TGIF happy hour. Once i saw the score I was hot...

But whats so funny is that almost every NBA fan has a Paul Millsap Moment. You know, that moment where you thought that no way the Jazz will win and especially no way a 6'8 pf will be the demise of your squad. Then you look up and its like, How did this happen?..lol

jmoney85
03-21-2012, 01:22 AM
I can see millsap being traded to the nets this offseason... with derrick favors and enes kanter.. I cant see millsap being there next season... and the nets are always good trade partners with utah

papipapsmanny
03-21-2012, 01:37 AM
draft barnes, amnesty blatche, trade for Millsap..... get it done Wiz

Bulls_fan90
03-21-2012, 01:57 AM
Jazz have some great pieces. That game against Miami last season :speechless:

JayW_1023
03-21-2012, 07:19 AM
Millsap just doesn't give a damn...how many superstars does he have to out play before he gets the recognition.

He just thrives in the underdog role, the NBA's very own Rocky Balboa.

Crackadalic
03-21-2012, 08:42 AM
He can be a AS just not in the West. Come to the East man

Oefarmy2005
03-21-2012, 10:12 AM
He tends to play up when playing against other top forward, but otherwise he is not very consistent. The west is locked up for PF AS for the next few years with Love and Griffin, who are both better players.

Meaze_Gibson
03-21-2012, 12:48 PM
He tends to play up when playing against other top forward, but otherwise he is not very consistent. The west is locked up for PF AS for the next few years with Love and Griffin, who are both better players.

See, but I think he is very consistent. He will always give you between 15-25 points, 8-10 boards, and strong defense no matter what. And I believe he plays up because the 1st options in Utah wouldn't man up and accept the challenge. And its not just against top forwards he plays up against top teams which shouldn't be a knock. I'd rather a player be guaranteed to show up against top teams than pad stats against inferior ones.

MrfadeawayJB
03-21-2012, 01:41 PM
whats up with all the man-love in here. He's a good player who is underated, we get it. Does it really deserve its own thread? lol

willabeast77
03-21-2012, 02:46 PM
Millsap is good, he reminds me of Elton Brand. But for now, it seems that Utah is Jefferson's team.

Raph12
03-21-2012, 02:56 PM
Both Millsap and Big Al are underrated... If these guys played for the Knicks, we'd be hearing about them all day.

Meaze_Gibson
03-21-2012, 03:01 PM
whats up with all the man-love in here. He's a good player who is underated, we get it. Does it really deserve its own thread? lol

I guess an nba player in the nba forum doesn't deserve its own thread. Tell me. What is the "deserve your own thread" criteria? I think myself and other posters just give respect when its due. A player drafted late second round, lighting up the league as an undersized pf is rare g. But you're right. Maybe it should be moved to Jazz forum.

TMcC801
03-21-2012, 08:10 PM
I can see millsap being traded to the nets this offseason... with derrick favors and enes kanter.. I cant see millsap being there next season... and the nets are always good trade partners with utah

Ha ha keep wishin'. No way he gets traded to the Nets. For what?? Scraps?? I could see the Jazz doing anything they need to keep him in Utah. He may not be the best player out there, but he has the heart and work ethic of a champion and only gets better every season. He is the "golden boy" here. Once Favors and Kanter are fully developed I think he will move to the 6th man role for the future.

GoPacers33
03-21-2012, 08:26 PM
Hi team doesn't win

smith&wesson
03-21-2012, 08:49 PM
elton brand 2.0

jimbobjarree
03-21-2012, 08:55 PM
:love:

MrfadeawayJB
03-21-2012, 09:14 PM
I guess an nba player in the nba forum doesn't deserve its own thread. Tell me. What is the "deserve your own thread" criteria? I think myself and other posters just give respect when its due. A player drafted late second round, lighting up the league as an undersized pf is rare g. But you're right. Maybe it should be moved to Jazz forum.

I mean it doesnt really bother me, but this same thread can be made for quite a few guys in the league.

xILLN355
03-21-2012, 09:17 PM
what is utah going to do with favors, enes kanter, big al, and millsap in the future?

Mr_Amaziing
03-21-2012, 09:24 PM
The guy can str8t ball

TMcC801
03-21-2012, 09:34 PM
what is utah going to do with favors, enes kanter, big al, and millsap in the future?

Probably trade Big Al, Start Favors and Kanter and have Sap off the bench.

Ironman5219
03-21-2012, 09:40 PM

The problem with your post is that in Utah Milsap dominated both of those guys.... Road is a different story but lately he's been going off there too...... He's the reason we let Boozer walk

jimbobjarree
03-21-2012, 09:53 PM
and the fact Booz is a ****

Jumba
03-21-2012, 10:05 PM
Hi team doesn't win

Currently 7-3 in the last 10 games with 6 of those games being on the road
Beat thunder:
97-90

Beat Lakers in LA (like 5th time ever in franchise history... sure as hell didnt do it with boozer.)

But your right, his team doesnt win.. :facepalm:

Da Boyz
03-21-2012, 10:57 PM
Milsap is a honey badger. He just doesn't give a **** who he is playing!

TMcC801
03-21-2012, 11:32 PM
Milsap is a honey badger. He just doesn't give a **** who he is playing!

This
Whos's next to get the Millslap??

Lo Porto
03-22-2012, 09:53 AM
I've been saying it for a couple years now, but Paul Millsap is the best PF bargain in the NBA not on a rookie contract. The guy can do it all and will go toe-to-toe with anybody without backing down. The guy is phenomenal for only being on a MLE contract. EVERY GM AND COACH IN THE NBA WOULD LOVE TO HAVE MILLSAP ON THEIR ROSTER.

Utah has one of the brightest futures in the NBA and Millsap is a part of that. Even if he has to slide to the bench should Favors and Kanter ever reach full potential, he's still an integral part of the Jazz plan.