PDA

View Full Version : Kings sign Terrance Williams to 10 day contract

PleaseBeNice
03-20-2012, 05:06 PM
Sources say the Kings will pick up Terrence Williams on a 10-day contract. He was cut by Houston this week. - Amick twitter

Well no risk, just reward if it works. Maybe his head will be on straight and he will pan out.

inb4 headcase williams and headcase cousins fight

Hester23Jordan
03-20-2012, 05:12 PM
I don't see where he would get any minutes with Evans, Thornton, Garcia, Salmons, Outlaw, Greene, Fredette, and Honeycutt all splitting minutes at the wings. He needs to go to a team like Boston, Atlanta, Clippers, or Orlando where he can play more minutes and be around more veteran guys.

thekmp211
03-20-2012, 05:18 PM
certainly worth a shot but yeah i dont think this is a good fit for anyone.

5ass
03-20-2012, 05:28 PM
Sacramento is not the right place for him. i dont like it.

fadedmario
03-20-2012, 05:30 PM
lol - Williams and Cousins together will be a treat

Gators123
03-20-2012, 05:30 PM
Whats the point? Terrible fit.

Fresno
03-20-2012, 05:40 PM
I don't see where he would get any minutes with Evans, Thornton, Garcia, Salmons, Outlaw, Greene, Fredette, and Honeycutt all splitting minutes at the wings. He needs to go to a team like Boston, Atlanta, Clippers, or Orlando where he can play more minutes and be around more veteran guys.

Its just a 10 Day Contract.

Sacramento just wants to get him in there to see what he can do and if he can establish himself in their rotation.

They took a flyer on a talented, but under-used Marcus Thornton last year and hes been their 2nd best player this season.

PC
03-20-2012, 05:41 PM
It's low risk so there's no drawback here but I don't see where the minutes are going to come from

Kyle916
03-20-2012, 05:42 PM
He fits in on a 10 day contract because:

The Kings suck.

Salmons sucks. Garcia sucks. Outlaw sucks. Greene sucks. Honeycutt isn't ready. And Evans is hurt.

Smart move...

kingsdelez24
03-20-2012, 05:44 PM

Sacramento just wants to get him in there to see what he can do and if he can establish himself in their rotation.

They took a flyer on a talented, but under-used Marcus Thornton last year and hes been their 2nd best player this season.

3rd best... boogie triumphs over all

PleaseBeNice
03-20-2012, 05:51 PM

+1. But maybe I'd put Marcus 3rd behind DMC and Isaiah but ahead of Reke this season

Htownballa1622
03-20-2012, 05:57 PM
i hope he succeeds there. (no disrespect to the kings organization and their fans) but i think that's a terrible fit.

Spiggity_ace
03-20-2012, 06:08 PM
this is one of the worst fits for him, i think sumwgere like |SA or dallas wulda suited him better

but hes a favourite of mine i hpoe he can get focussed cuz he has a ton of talent

billy17
03-20-2012, 06:20 PM
Terrence Williams is a playmaker. Name one Kings SF with playmaking ability..

In Petrie we trust.

RaffyBoy
03-20-2012, 06:21 PM
this is what happens to a guy that is natural gifted. He never had to work a day in his life cause he was so athletic, but right when he was to work and play defense, he quits on the time. thats why nets traded him, houston never gave him any minutes. he needs to smarten up if he wants to get minutes and playing time.

beasted86
03-20-2012, 06:58 PM
Why not... but I think he needs a veteran coach like Popovich to reach his potential, not Keith Smart.

Fresno
03-20-2012, 09:51 PM
Why not... but I think he needs a veteran coach like Popovich to reach his potential, not Keith Smart.

Well he's gotta get his value up if hes going to get a contract this offseason.

Thats why Sacramento makes sense if Keith Smart puts him in the rotation.

Just like Gerald Green, there is no doubt that Terrance Williams is talented enough to be an impact player in the NBA but he needs to go to the right situation. He's already burned a great opportunity for him in New Jersey where he was putting up good numbers and playing minutes, so right now its all about trying to make up for that mistake and get another chance.

ZebraCity916
03-21-2012, 01:00 AM

Garcia, Outlaw, Fredette, and Honeycutt hardly get mins. as it is so I imagine if Williams plays good, he'll get some of those mins.