PDA

View Full Version : The Curse of Kenyon Martin

Graybutseks
03-20-2012, 08:13 AM
The team made 2 NBA finals back to back, then i belive the following year, lost in the ECF to the pistons, and kenyon was just coming off his rookie contract, looking for an extension, and he just wanted a little more money (maybe 1-2 more a year), the nets said no, signed and traded him to the nuggets, and havent made the NBA finals or ECF since

coincidence? i think not

i think he cursed the franchise, he was their last #1 pick, and was disrespected, not resigining him was one of the worst things they ever did, all they needed was a better starting center(obviously collins, and mourning's kidney werent cutting it) and they could have went back to the finals a 3rd time

but didnt, 2.5 years later, got VC, and he didnt take them anywhere

i think getting rid of him cursed their franchise, like babe ruth, and latrell spreewell cursed the knicks

LakersSaintsLSU
03-20-2012, 08:21 AM
smh

lvlheaded
03-20-2012, 08:23 AM
Latrell Spreewell did not curse the Knicks. Trading Patrick Ewing cursed the Knicks. The only way to break the curse is to bring him back as a coach

Graybutseks
03-20-2012, 08:24 AM
smh

like your avatar :burn:

thapastime7
03-20-2012, 08:24 AM
smh he wanted a max contract and look how his career has gone it was the right decision for the nets not to give a max deal he wasnt worth it. But they tried he just wanted more money. That what it came down too

Graybutseks
03-20-2012, 08:26 AM
smh he wanted a max contract and look how his career has gone it was the right decision for the nets not to give a max deal he wasnt worth it. But they tried he just wanted more money. That what it came down too

he didnt deserve a max, but by the way he was playing on D, his intensity, and the fact he was sitill "young" only 25 or 26, i think giving him 13.5 or 14 wouldnt have been bad

and he was an offensive product of J Kidd, he could have developed more if they stayed together

BULLSFAN0810
03-20-2012, 08:29 AM
Latrell Spreewell did not curse the Knicks. Trading Patrick Ewing cursed the Knicks. The only way to break the curse is to bring him back as a coach

+1 Dumbest skype NY did...trade Ewing...he shouldve retired a Knick... thanks for reminding me..i hope NY sucks till Pats says so

Graybutseks
03-20-2012, 08:30 AM
+1 Dumbest skype NY did...trade Ewing...he shouldve retired a Knick... thanks for reminding me..i hope NY sucks till Pats says so

they need to sacrifice shumpert to remove the curse

Cal827
03-20-2012, 09:45 AM
they need to sacrifice shumpert to remove the curse

Knick fans are already nuts on this site... the minute they trade Shumpert is when this site shuts down lol

jesusqxvg
03-20-2012, 09:46 AM
http://www.vvio.info/jpg1smh

smh

Gram
03-20-2012, 10:36 AM
Lol nice. I can see this thread turning into one about the Knicks lol.

ahigbee
03-20-2012, 10:50 AM
I dont know if you can say thats a curse. Kenyon hasnt exactly been the same player since then anyways. Knee Injuries, lots of games missed, hes been a average PF since getting healthy finally. He would have costed the Nets a ton of money, granted they wasted a lot anyways, but I dont think things would have been too much different.