What he did at the deadline was awful.

kozelkid
03-20-2012, 01:51 AM
Idiot fans.

kozelkid
03-20-2012, 01:52 AM
They should.
What he did at the deadline was awful.

You mean get rid of a chucker for a great defensive big?

I'd think Knicks fans of all people would understand how necessary those moves were.

NYtilIdie
03-20-2012, 01:56 AM
A very classless move by the fanbase for ruining a GSW legends night.

Lloyd Christmas
03-20-2012, 02:00 AM
Completely embarrassing. **** those fans.

Furymaker
03-20-2012, 02:00 AM
I just love how Chris Mullin tried to help that poor man , Mullin seems like a class act

CityofChaos
03-20-2012, 02:01 AM
Those fans are idiots for

1.) Booing the man who they gave their money to by attending that game...the man who is trying to turn the franchise around.

2.) Ruining Mullins night

3.) Still *****ing about the Monta trade when they were going no where with him as their number one option and failing to realize that they traded a small for a big which is rare.

I swear Warriors fans overrate their player so much. They're too busy jizzing their pants whenever Monta dunks and are too stupid to realize how many points he allows his opponents to score and how terrible he is on defense.

OA SLAY
03-20-2012, 02:08 AM
You mean get rid of a chucker for a great defensive big?
I'd think Knicks fans of all people would understand how necessary those moves were.

Who never plays.
Then take on more salary in Jefferson.
Fans pay good money to see the games and inflate these big headed fools pockets, let them do what they feel.
Mullins is paid he dont give a fuuuuck.

krayzieguy
03-20-2012, 02:10 AM
what an embarrassment :facepalm:

OA SLAY
03-20-2012, 02:11 AM
Ohhh Nooo Poooor MAn!
I boooooo all of yallll!!!

Hawkeye15
03-20-2012, 02:12 AM
I was watching, its fairly classless. Oh well, move on.

king_of_limbs
03-20-2012, 02:15 AM
Ohhh Nooo Poooor MAn!
I boooooo all of yallll!!!

how do you go through life with that brain of yours? I really hope your 13, because if this is you at your most complete intellectual potential, then may god have mercy on your children.

CityofChaos
03-20-2012, 02:18 AM
I was watching, its fairly classless. Oh well, move on.

Whats up with Love and that beard of his?

celmxc
03-20-2012, 02:19 AM
Just saw it on espn highlights lol i guess i understand because they're angry about ellis ... but they should show some respect to mullens

Cfrey
03-20-2012, 02:19 AM
just felt bad for Lacob hahahaha can you even imagine? being an owner and absolutely getting hammered by your own GODDAMN fans.. what a shame

asandhu23
03-20-2012, 02:20 AM
1. Monta has nothing to do with this. Most of them weren't booing Lacob because of Monta trade. They were booing Lacob because he went out of his way to promise a playoff run this year. He even hired a coach who went out of his way to guarantee a playoff run.

2. I agree the booing was classless. Mullin did a lot for the team and he didn't deserve to have his special night ruined right in front of his daughter. Those boo-ers do not define the whole fan base.

3. CityofChaos, Warriors weren't going anywhere with Monta because he never had a decent team to work with, had different coaches almost every year and coaches with no emphasis on defense. Mark Jackson talks defense but he hadn't improved it at all even with a defensive stopper in the middle.

However, that is now part of Warriors history. Monta has moved on. Team has moved on and fans should move on as well. Everyone knows I am a big Monta fan. I have moved on (except I will additionally follow Bucks to see how he does there with a decent team ).

Chinoeyes
03-20-2012, 02:22 AM
Joe looks very upset there... I must say he is one of the energetic owners in the league and did everything possible to lift the team to the next level. he does not deserve to be treated this way on a historic night for the franchise.

Golden State fans didn't help the Monta Ellis situation neither can do anything about it anymore. With these actions they might have lost another and bigger asset, the owner. and who knows, might have cost them the much bigger picture... the franchise...

jetsfan28
03-20-2012, 02:25 AM
Awful. Chris Mullin deserves better. He's earned better. That's not what tonight should have been.

sf-fanatic
03-20-2012, 02:30 AM
Just saw it on espn highlights lol i guess i understand because they're angry about ellis ... but they should show some respect to mullens

yeah cause bj mullens is one of the best bigs in the league

Baller1
03-20-2012, 02:31 AM
Pretty pathetic.

asandhu23
03-20-2012, 02:36 AM
This anger should not have been directed towards Lacob. This frustration should have been taken out on Chris Cohan. Only thing is Cohan never put himself out there in the public like Mr Lacob does.

Bos_Sports4Life
03-20-2012, 02:37 AM
Awwwwwkward!

Method28
03-20-2012, 02:38 AM
Mullin is my all-time favorite.nba player and this was pathetic to see from those fans. Idiots. Boo him another time.

robbnen#31
03-20-2012, 02:39 AM
1. Monta has nothing to do with this. Most of them weren't booing Lacob because of Monta trade. They were booing Lacob because he went out of his way to promise a playoff run this year. He even hired a coach who went out of his way to guarantee a playoff run.

So that's why you could hear "We Want Monta" being shouted by fans?

asandhu23
03-20-2012, 02:45 AM
So that's why you could hear "We Want Monta" being shouted by fans?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLCuJzI_jEc

One stinking moron fan.

Monta is beast
03-20-2012, 02:45 AM
I feel embarrased as a Warriors fan. He' given up so much money on buying draft picks, and updating the arena, he's a breath of fresh air. I can't believe how classles the fans were.

Knowledge
03-20-2012, 02:51 AM
Good thing this wasnt in Philly or it would be all over every major sports news program. Well at least they didnt boo Santa Claus 60 years ago,right???

Look, Im all for a fans right to boo, but not in this situation. Someone's jersey is going up in the rafters, you need to let them have their night.

2. I agree the booing was classless. Mullin did a lot for the team and he didn't deserve to have his special night ruined right in front of his daughter. Those boo-ers do not define the whole fan base.

3. CityofChaos, Warriors weren't going anywhere with Monta because he never had a decent team to work with, had different coaches almost every year and coaches with no emphasis on defense. Mark Jackson talks defense but he hadn't improved it at all even with a defensive stopper in the middle.

However, that is now part of Warriors history. Monta has moved on. Team has moved on and fans should move on as well. Everyone knows I am a big Monta fan. I have moved on (except I will additionally follow Bucks to see how he does there with a decent team ).

Im sorry, but he is a overrated chucker who contributes nothing outside of jacking up shots for points. He is a complimentary player with no defensive upside. You guys should be thrilled to move on and start bringing in players who can change the culture.

Once again, not baiting, but that is my honest assessment of Monta Ellis

sf-fanatic
03-20-2012, 02:52 AM
Wow i expected it just to be one round of boos but I just watched it and they interrupted his speech and he was shaken by it. He didn't even get to introduce Chris Mullin. These fans booing are the fans that dont even know that our franchise is setup for success better than we were last week. Rick Barry was upset too. It's sad they didn't even have a proper ceremony for Chris Mullin.

I'd rather be perennial playoff contenders with

Curry
Thompson
Barnes/1st round pick
Lee
Bogut

than get swept in the first round this year by OKC. It's about long term success and Lacob deserves more than 2 years to be judged. I felt like Lacob wanted to cry and I feel REALLY bad for him.

CityofChaos
03-20-2012, 02:57 AM
Good thing this wasnt in Philly or it would be all over every major sports news program. Well at least they didnt boo Santa Claus 60 years ago,right???

Look, Im all for a fans right to boo, but not in this situation. Someone's jersey is going up in the rafters, you need to let them have their night.

Im sorry, but he is a overrated chucker who contributes nothing outside of jacking up shots for points. He is a complimentary player with no defensive upside. You guys should be thrilled to move on and start bringing in players who can change the culture.

Once again, not baiting, but that is my honest assessment of Monta Ellis

I was going to respond to this Monta die hard until I read your post and decided I didnt have to. Good assesment/ nuff said

Monta is beast
03-20-2012, 03:00 AM
I wouldn't be surprised or mad if Lacob just ****s the Warriors over now. I doubt he will, but it would be understandable.

BradfordIsElite
03-20-2012, 03:02 AM
Bogut, when healthy, is a top 5 center in the NBA.
This move also allows Curry more of an opportunity to have more control of the offense and let most plays run through him. He's got a very bright future.
Rookie Klay Thompson is a nice young talent that is just starting to put things together.
In addition, RJ was a solid acquisition as well. He adds leadership, experience and still has some game left in him.

Curry/Thompson/RJ/Lee/Bogut with Nate, Rush, Wright and Biedrins coming off the bench.. doesn't look to shabby if David Lee can continue picking up his play and Curry has a better 2nd half than the 1st.

Sadds The Gr8
03-20-2012, 03:04 AM
Has he even been that bad?

shep33
03-20-2012, 03:05 AM
This is sad, honestly I thought it was a WWE even with Lacob being Vince.

Doesn't deserve it, shame on you Warriors fans.

shep33
03-20-2012, 03:08 AM
Mullin, class act right there

sf-fanatic
03-20-2012, 03:10 AM
Mullin, class act right there

Rick Barry too

robbnen#31
03-20-2012, 03:11 AM
Has he even been that bad?

Lacob? Not at all. He gave us one of the best trade deadlines we have had in a long time.

shep33
03-20-2012, 03:16 AM
Rick Barry too

Yeah totally. You can see he was pretty upset too.

Stupid by the fans, you just ruined what was suppose to be a great night for Mully

SugeKnight
03-20-2012, 03:27 AM
To be fair, the boo-cheer ratio was about 50-50

daWarriorz21
03-20-2012, 03:28 AM
Wow. That is horrible. Kinda feel bad for Lacob. Thats good Rick Barry came in

Angelus™
03-20-2012, 03:31 AM
Frankly, im shocked. I thought that was really low of the fans to do. Especially while celebrating a class act like Chris Mullin. What made it worse was the fact that they refused to even stop booing

Monta is beast
03-20-2012, 03:36 AM
What's funny is now the Warriors fans are going to be considered bad. Which couldn't be further from the truth. It's just that the fans can seperate what Cohan did from what Lacob has done, and with him promising the playoff this season just makes that worse, and then trading the most beloved player the Warriors have had in the last 20 years, if not ever, it's just getting old.

we're only classless when we display our frustration but "the best fans in the nba" when we open our wallets #gtfo with that!!

That about sums up what all Warriors fans have been feeling for 32 years.

AsfanSince99
03-20-2012, 03:58 AM
This anger should not have been directed towards Lacob. This frustration should have been taken out on Chris Cohan. Only thing is Cohan never put himself out there in the public like Mr Lacob does.

Very true.
I have faith in this guy but he should have never made a guarantee like that. And, I doubt those fans that were booing would not have done so if the lights were on. A bunch of cowards booing in the dark. :facepalm:

Monta is beast
03-20-2012, 04:04 AM
But to be fair, the boo to cheer ratio was about 50-50 to start, then everyone just jumped on the boo train.

03-20-2012, 04:09 AM
hectic ******* ...

MJ-BULLS
03-20-2012, 04:16 AM
thats ****ed up.

dayreezy
03-20-2012, 04:27 AM
it pissed me off to the point that i had to fast forward thru it.. Lacob did not deserve that response.. gives us real fans a bad name...

Monta is beast
03-20-2012, 04:32 AM
it pissed me off to the point that i had to fast forward thru it.. Lacob did not deserve that response.. gives us real fans a bad name...

:clap:

Monta is beast
03-20-2012, 04:33 AM
I posted a thread in the Warriors forum, he answered questions about it after the game. He wasn't mad at all. He said it's understandable, but that he was shocked.

Giants-49ers-Ws
03-20-2012, 04:55 AM
I honestly don't mind Lacob getting booed, though i wish it didn't happen during Mullin's retirement ceremony

He's traded the best player off the team as it would have been much better if we traded Curry to get Bogut; considering how he's always injured yet still has trade value

on top of it he's guaranteed the playoffs which is not happening

with that said, it's unfortunate this happened during Class Act Chris Mullin's # retirement

Monta is beast
03-20-2012, 05:20 AM
Dude Lacob has done more in two years then Cohan did in his entire "career" with the Warriors. Lacob has bough two draft picks, with his money, out of his pocket. He's also made a trade that will make us a much better team next season. People need to give Lacob a ****ing break dude. Get over the fact that Monta is gone, and deal with it.

Lake_Show2416
03-20-2012, 08:17 AM
the owner traded the best player, unless u "true warriors fans" went to the game, u have no say, those fans r the 1s paying the bills & if they want to boo an unproven owner for giving up Monta for an injured player, they have all the right in the world too

Lacob has nothing to do with Mullins past & should have simply stayed out of the ceremony rather then ruining it, how do u think fans will react after the owner shrugs his shoulders like he didnt care bout sending monta away(post popular guy on the team)

Rick Barry needs to take that grandpa preaching **** to some1 that cares, talking down to the audience like if they were his children, idc who u r, u dont bark orders to some1 u aint paying the bills for

If u felt like supporting Lacob, actually buy a ticket to the game or was Mullins retirement not important enough to watch live?

Knowledge
03-20-2012, 08:18 AM
the owner traded the best player, unless u "true warriors fans" went to the game, u have no say, those fans r the 1s paying the bills & if they want to boo an unproven owner for giving up Monta for an injured player then they have all the right in the world too

Lacob has nothing to do with Mullins past & should have simply stayed out of the ceremony rather then ruining it, how do u think fans will react after the owner shrugs his shoulders like he didnt care bout sending monta away(post popular buy on the team)

Rick Barry needs to take that grandpa preaching **** to some1 that cares, talking down like the audience is his children, idc who u r, u dont bark orders to some1 u aint paying the bills for

If u felt like supporting him, actually buy a ticket to do so or was Mullins retirement not important enough to watch?

Monta isn't even that good and barry was right. The owner is trying to turn around a organization that hasn't been relevant for near 20 years. It isn't like he blew up a dynasty. He traded a player that hasn't won squat and is super flawed.

ewing
03-20-2012, 08:26 AM
What's funny is now the Warriors fans are going to be considered bad. Which couldn't be further from the truth. It's just that the fans can seperate what Cohan did from what Lacob has done, and with him promising the playoff this season just makes that worse, and then trading the most beloved player the Warriors have had in the last 20 years, if not ever, it's just getting old.

That about sums up what all Warriors fans have been feeling for 32 years.

Monta Ellis the most beloved warrior ever? You cant be older then 15

fadedmario
03-20-2012, 11:55 AM
What a trashy display. What is going on in San Fransico?

WVNowitzki
03-20-2012, 12:09 PM
That was hard to watch, I feel bad for the dude and mostly for Chris Mullin. It's never easy to make the tough decisions, someone's gotta bear that responsibility.

Chronz
03-20-2012, 12:20 PM
What I want to know is how much of that hug was fabrication? Mullin cant like the Monta trade, he LOVES Monta, he drafted Monta and still believes in him, how can he support the plan if it gos against his beliefs?

Teeboy1487
03-20-2012, 12:22 PM
What did I just watch? GS fans are still the best though. They are passionate.

Vincent
03-20-2012, 12:26 PM
Warriors fans love their players to a fault

I'm sure they won't get over the Monta thing until they see Bogut play well.

penuch
03-20-2012, 12:33 PM
I understand you wanna be mad at ownership, but last night wasn't the right night to display that. The night was suppose to honor Mullin's and that was ruined. Fans aren't wrong for booing the ownership, just the wrong night to do it.

Lloyd Christmas
03-20-2012, 12:38 PM
the owner traded the best player, unless u "true warriors fans" went to the game, u have no say, those fans r the 1s paying the bills & if they want to boo an unproven owner for giving up Monta for an injured player, they have all the right in the world too

Lacob has nothing to do with Mullins past & should have simply stayed out of the ceremony rather then ruining it, how do u think fans will react after the owner shrugs his shoulders like he didnt care bout sending monta away(post popular guy on the team)

Rick Barry needs to take that grandpa preaching **** to some1 that cares, talking down to the audience like if they were his children, idc who u r, u dont bark orders to some1 u aint paying the bills for

If u felt like supporting Lacob, actually buy a ticket to the game or was Mullins retirement not important enough to watch live?

GTFO with that ****. I was a season ticket holder for a couple years and when they didn't bring back Baron did I boo the team? Nope. I knew that even though we would suffer that year it was a smart team decision. Signing him to a 5 year deal was not the right move. These fans that booed are not the "real fans". They are some selfish people only thinking about their own entertainment. **** them.

central2003
03-20-2012, 12:58 PM
I am from the bay area and I am glad I am not apart of the that fan base. Always been a Kings fan, some of the most classiest fans you will meet in the NBA. Kings fans have put up with a lot of crap from the maloof's and the Mafoofs never been booed liked that ever, not that they don't deserve it but kings fans always keep it classy.

49warriors
03-20-2012, 01:10 PM
Your mum was at the game too..

49warriors
03-20-2012, 01:13 PM
Knick fans dont know crap....you sound like an east coast internet thugg. We have lost for 20years...lacob and your new yirk friend Jackson promised playoffs...now were tanking...

49warriors
03-20-2012, 01:15 PM
Please tell the dumb east coast Ppl who think they know everything...did they know the knicks sucm worse than warriors...

49warriors
03-20-2012, 01:16 PM
Your so off...

49warriors
03-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Your just a pro blogger and dont know crap.....its not (just)about any one player. You dont even go to games so you have less say than the fans that are actually there...everyones wrong in this...its all bad timing....even tho it was preplanned you don't retire a number 5 days after you trade your franchise player, which is coupled with broken promises and 20years of nothing....it was set up for failure....I see Ppl are all tuff on the net....

Gators123
03-20-2012, 01:28 PM
Uh, are you talking to yourself?

Odominator
03-20-2012, 01:42 PM
Uh, are you talking to yourself?

lol:catfight:

SeoulBeatz
03-20-2012, 02:00 PM
Well that was awkward, but pretty hilarious too.

topdog
03-20-2012, 02:04 PM
It's a risky deal, but I like it. Monta and Curry were not going to take that team to the promised land. While Bogut is an injury risk, he is a very very good defensive center when healthy. Richard Jefferson is a good fit in the Warriors offense (far better than the Spurs) and should experience a resurgence.

A lot depends upon the health of Curry and Bogut, but big risk brings big rewards. Playing it safe leads to mediocrity.

sfattahian
03-20-2012, 02:15 PM
Who never plays.
Then take on more salary in Jefferson.
Fans pay good money to see the games and inflate these big headed fools pockets, let them do what they feel.
Mullins is paid he dont give a fuuuuck.

Amen!

sfattahian
03-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Well that was awkward, but pretty hilarious too.

That was my exact reaction! I think other people are taking this crap too seriously. I mean come on it's really not our problem. People can think what they want about Warriors fans I couldn't care less.

lincecum=future
03-20-2012, 02:38 PM
Pissed me off beyond belief. Dipshit fans I guess would rather watch the warriors be bottom dwellers for another decade. The move was in the right direction. Hopefully we keep tanking and keep our protected pick.

GSWJunkie
03-20-2012, 03:07 PM
The guy who said that Lacob shouldn't have been a part of the ceremony was right. If he doesn't pick up that mic, the fans don't get the opportunity to boo. It was very brave of Lacob to face the music like that and I respect the cojones he showed by doing it. That being said, he could have chosen another night and it did ruin Mullin's big moment which is a huge disappointment and embarrassment to the reputation of GSW fans. Especially since Mullin is one of the most iconic players to wear the uniform in recent memory and a Hall of Fame inductee. I truly feel sorry for Mullin. He showed his class by backing-up Lacob even though he might even still be mad about Monta being gone. As another poster said, he loves Ellis. That was a great example of Mullin's ability to transcend awkward situations and overcome adversity, which is why we all love him.

This was a culmination of 30 years of rebuilding and I can understand the fans' frustrations. In just about 2 years of ownership, we are not in any better situation today then we were under Cohan and the fans are pissed because what has the new FO really accomplished? Nothing. Yes, the Bogut trade looks to be a very positive move but we won't see the results of that until next season. Couple that with the fact that Lacob just traded away our most popular player, promised a playoff birth (by both owner and head coach) and then punched the fans in the groin by turning around and deciding to tank the rest of the season and what you end up with is the fans thinking that the coach and ownership group are nothing but hypocrites and liars. In other words he basically got what he deserved. I can totally understand why the "Boo birds" came out last night and am really not that surprised it happened.

kjoke
03-20-2012, 04:29 PM
boooooooooooooooooo

gut

Monta is beast
03-20-2012, 04:29 PM
There were allot of things that triggered this though.

- He gave his son (22), the title of director of basketball operations
- He said he could turn this franchise around, then he says "it might take longer then expected"
- He wants to move the team to San Francisco, which many fans dont want.
- He said he would hire a coach with expirience, but he ended up sign Marc Jackson
- He used the one shot to clear cap space on an expiring contract
- He said he could have gotten Gerald Wallace, but said he wouldn't help the team
- He ir rumored to have said "season ticket holders, aren't real fans"

So it's not that he didn't deserve it, it was just bad timing.

Raph12
03-20-2012, 04:54 PM
One word; classless.

Lim
03-20-2012, 04:56 PM
GS fans showing they know nothing about basketball

Monta is beast
03-20-2012, 05:11 PM
GS fans are by far the best in the NBA.

Lake_Show2416
03-20-2012, 05:23 PM
GS fans are by far the best in the NBA.

agreed, that's y i believe it gives them the right to tell the owner how they feel, they have been thru a lot of bull....

the Warriors FO should have been smarter then this & should have realized the level of displeasure among the fans after trading their favorite player. The owner simply needed to stay out of it, he has nothing to do with Mullin anyways

VeejNasty
03-20-2012, 05:37 PM
He should've known he was going to get that reaction... It's unfortunate, mainly because it overshadowed Mullin's accomplishment.

justOmazing
03-20-2012, 05:45 PM
This may be the first (and last time) I ever am interested in a post about Golden State.

Damn. The only way this team gets a national headline is by one of the single most embarrassing and classless acts of any fanbase.

Chris Mullin deserved far better than this.

justOmazing
03-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Not sure you have a winning statement there dude. Maybe the "most loyal while team continues to suck" fans describes it better.

justOmazing
03-20-2012, 05:54 PM
He should've known he was going to get that reaction... It's unfortunate, mainly because it overshadowed Mullin's accomplishment.

If anything, Lacob showed class and guts. He was out there honoring one of the only real success stories of the franchise in the last 3 decades. He didn't lose his cool or back off. he stuck to his script in the face of a bunch of booing baffoons.

If anything, the fans should be booing the GS players and coaching staff. They are the ones who suck... not the guy who is paying them millions of dollars to play basketball for a living!!!

After all, how many of us are paying our employees millions of dollars, while THEY fail miserably for years.

Show some respect for a man that cares far more about basketball than you or I. He actually puts his money where his mouth is ---- for a living.

sf-fanatic
03-20-2012, 07:17 PM
I am from the bay area and I am glad I am not apart of the that fan base. Always been a Kings fan, some of the most classiest fans you will meet in the NBA. Kings fans have put up with a lot of crap from the maloof's and the Mafoofs never been booed liked that ever, not that they don't deserve it but kings fans always keep it classy.

the kings dont have enough fans to be able to hear the boos on tv. the kings fans boos can be drowned out by the applaud of the stadium ushers instantly

Meaze_Gibson
03-20-2012, 07:48 PM
Say what you want but living in stl, I always rank GS with some of the best fans. They put other cities to shame when it came to noise and seem like their very loyal.

Monta always got the label as a chucker but people forget that he used to play a bunch of min. Shooting 20 shots in 40+ min is understandable. Shooting 45% as a 6'3 sg is not bad. I feel the fans because putting the future of the franchise on Curry and Bogut 's health would concern me to the fullest.

GrandDaddyPurp
03-20-2012, 08:14 PM
Talk about "best fans in the NBA" :facepalm:

It's funny how this is getting all the attention but nobody cares about how David Stern was booed when Chris Mullin mentioned him as the "greatest commissioner". It's probably because everyone knows he sucks.

VeejNasty
03-20-2012, 08:36 PM
If anything, Lacob showed class and guts. He was out there honoring one of the only real success stories of the franchise in the last 3 decades. He didn't lose his cool or back off. he stuck to his script in the face of a bunch of booing baffoons.

If anything, the fans should be booing the GS players and coaching staff. They are the ones who suck... not the guy who is paying them millions of dollars to play basketball for a living!!!

After all, how many of us are paying our employees millions of dollars, while THEY fail miserably for years.

Show some respect for a man that cares far more about basketball than you or I. He actually puts his money where his mouth is ---- for a living.

He wasn't even there for the Mullin days... I don't really feel like he needed to be out there at center court.

I'm not opposed to what he's doing with the team, I'm just saying it wasn't a smart move on his part to try and talk to a frustrated fanbase. He's making moves that past owners didn't make and that takes guts, but he should be smart enough to know that W's fans are going to question him. It's been the same old story for decades--rebuild after rebuild. I like what Lacob's doing, but as a W's fan, I can also understand the frustration. If you were a W's fan, maybe you'd at least see where they're coming from.

tredigs
03-20-2012, 08:41 PM

- He said he could turn this franchise around, then he says "it might take longer then expected"
- He said he would hire a coach with expirience, but he ended up sign Marc Jackson
- He said he could have gotten Gerald Wallace, but said he wouldn't help the team

Real reasons he was booed:

Warriors have not made the playoffs in 17 of the last 18 years and after playoffs were "promised" this year he just traded away arguably the most popular Warrior and effectively ruined all chances at that once again this season (a move I 100% agree with, by the way).

Also, we were getting smoked in the first half and only put up 35 points with another game of no Steph Curry. Fans were on edge and he gave them the perfect scapegoat to vent. Had Klay Thompson and the team been dominating the boos would have been there, but not as vicious.

But 99% of it was the Monta trade for a guy who won't be playing this season. Fans are fed up and not willing to be patient for something they don't see as a good move (they're wrong). Nothing more or less.

AddiX
03-20-2012, 08:43 PM
I don't care if they booed there owner, they are in the stands with tickets they paid for, they can boo whatever the heck they want.

A bunch of broke people on the internet defending a billionaire, SMH, you guys are suckers.

Kings Faithful
03-20-2012, 08:46 PM
the kings dont have enough fans to be able to hear the boos on tv. the kings fans boos can be drowned out by the applaud of the stadium ushers instantly

Your an idiot.

dayreezy
03-20-2012, 08:56 PM

u gotta be the dumbest ****in person on this forum... so fans are only people who can afford tickets to games?? "oh if u cant make it out to the live games then ur no true fan"... dude u and Metta World Peace go share a crack pipe together... go pay that bill..

dayreezy
03-20-2012, 08:59 PM
This may be the first (and last time) I ever am interested in a post about Golden State.

Damn. The only way this team gets a national headline is by one of the single most embarrassing and classless acts of any fanbase.

Chris Mullin deserved far better than this.

so this is worst then the "malace at the palace"??? wooow maybe u should stay not caring about GSW topics and keep ur mouth closed..

Lake_Show2416
03-20-2012, 09:01 PM
u gotta be the dumbest ****in person on this forum... so fans are only people who can afford tickets to games?? "oh if u cant make it out to the live games then ur no true fan"... dude u and Metta World Peace go share a crack pipe together... go pay that bill..

u mad? cant afford a $10 ticket to see a Warrior icon get his jersey retired for the Wolves game or something? Go complain to ur owner for picking up the mic & ruining Mullins jersey retirement instead of whining bout some crack pipe u sad person

dayreezy
03-20-2012, 09:02 PM

dont forget playoffs was promised AND the team was gonna have 1 player in the all-star game... oh and they cut JLin.. hahaha that last one only matters to some ppl

Lake_Show2416
03-20-2012, 09:04 PM
what im saying is if u dont like the reaction, go & change it

Ironman5219
03-20-2012, 09:06 PM
This is what happens when Raider fans show up at an NBA game....

GrandDaddyPurp
03-20-2012, 09:40 PM

Enough fans? If there weren't any fans, I'm pretty sure the Kings wouldn't have gotten a new arena. Whereas disgusting Warriors fans like you aren't going to have a team in Oakland anymore. I can almost guarantee you that this wouldn't have happened had the team been in SF. It may be just over the bridge, but trust me, that makes a huge difference.

Beantownsboss
03-20-2012, 09:47 PM
Lollollolol

Mr Costanza
03-20-2012, 09:47 PM
Enough fans? If there weren't any fans, I'm pretty sure the Kings wouldn't have gotten a new arena. Whereas disgusting Warriors fans like you aren't going to have a team in Oakland anymore. I can almost guarantee you that this wouldn't have happened had the team been in SF. It may be just over the bridge, but trust me, that makes a huge difference.

Oh no he didn't! :catfight:

KnicksR4Real
03-20-2012, 09:53 PM
classless

Monta is beast
03-20-2012, 09:58 PM
Whenever the Warriors play the Kings in Sacramento, there's usually more Warriors fan, just saying.

tredigs
03-20-2012, 09:59 PM
u mad? cant afford a $10 ticket to see a Warrior icon get his jersey retired for the Wolves game or something? Go complain to ur owner for picking up the mic & ruining Mullins jersey retirement instead of whining bout some crack pipe u sad person

You're an embarrassingly stupid troll.

I'd spell out the multitude of reasons why everything you've typed is either hypocritical and/or flat nonsense, but it clearly would fly over your head and everybody else with a head on their shoulders is already laughing at you, so why spell it out.

In other news, I've said it once and I'll say it again. The trading of Monta for Bogut and Udoh for RJ and a 1st round pick (essentially what it amounted to) was the best thing this franchise has done in quite a while. And make no mistake, it was in part in an effort by management to tank this season and attempt to get that top 7 pick in a draft where it will absolutely matter. Much better this than 3+ more seasons of middling non-playoff basketball. They're taking a chance and doing something that should have been done 3 years ago. Good for Lacob (the one guy on the 5-0 unanimous vote to trade Monta who actually had reticence about the deal by the way).

Monta is beast
03-20-2012, 09:59 PM
And for the dumbass people saying it's because there in Oakland. 90% of the fans at the game are from SF and San Jose.

GrandDaddyPurp
03-20-2012, 10:06 PM
Whenever the Warriors play the Kings in Sacramento, there's usually more Warriors fan, just saying.

Oh really? Because when the Kings play in Oakland, I see the same number of Kings fans as there are Warriors when I go to the game.

It was even worse back in the day, you would only hear fans cheer every time the Kings made a bucket.

Lake_Show2416
03-20-2012, 10:08 PM
You're an embarrassingly stupid troll.

I'd spell out the multitude of reasons why everything you've typed is either hypocritical and/or flat nonsense, but it clearly would fly over your head and everybody else with a head on their shoulders is already laughing at you, so why spell it out.

In other news, I've said it once and I'll say it again. The trading of Monta for Bogut and Udoh for RJ and a 1st round pick (essentially what it amounted to) was the best thing this franchise has done in quite a while. And make no mistake, it was in part in an effort by management to tank this season and attempt to get that top 7 pick in a draft where it will absolutely matter. Much better this than 3+ more seasons of middling non-playoff basketball. They're taking a chance and doing something that should have been done 3 years ago. Good for Lacob (the one guy on the 5-0 unanimous vote to trade Monta who actually had reticence about the deal by the way).

:cry: <---You...... but go for it buddy, it might actually give u something to do today since theres no more rumors to constantly look up

Mr Costanza
03-20-2012, 10:12 PM
And for the dumbass people saying it's because there in Oakland. 90% of the fans at the game are from SF and San Jose.

Oakland, SF, San Jose ... All just a bunch of hippies who drive hybrids and use organic milk in their coffee.

:D kidding.

Kashmir13579
03-20-2012, 10:22 PM
Honestly Dolan would get destroyed if he took the floor in passed years.

Mr Costanza
03-20-2012, 10:23 PM
Honestly Dolan would get destroyed if he took the floor in passed years.

No question. He knows better.

Kashmir13579
03-20-2012, 10:32 PM
No question. He knows better.

LOL. He would never do it.

tredigs
03-20-2012, 10:37 PM
:cry: <---You...... but go for it buddy, it might actually give u something to do today since theres no more rumors to constantly look up

No clue what you're talking about, but you should contemplate taking a step back and shutting the **** up when you have no clue what you're discussing. The big boys are talking, go play somewhere else.

ManRam
03-20-2012, 11:03 PM
GS fans are great...

Last night they were awful.

I don't get the Monta Ellis aura. They should be happy they're moving on from that era...not booing the man. He's such a better owner than the last one they had...that was not only a perfect way to ruin a night that shouldn't have been ruined like that, but it was showing how brainwashed they are by an undersized and inefficient scorer who hasn't led them anywhere since he's been there...

Their fans are upset. They lost easily the fan base's favorite player for an injured center (top 5 when he's healthy...they should embrace that). They're caught in the moment. This doesn't make their great fan base suddenly awful, and acting like it does is just stupid. One black eye every decade or so isn't bad for a fan base.

It was just bad timing.

jam
03-20-2012, 11:06 PM
I'm just astounded by Warrior fans' loyalty. They are right up there with Knick fans in terms of endlessly supporting a product which completely stinks most years, year in, year out.

The Warriors are incredibly fortunate to be surrounded by mountains of dot.com bubble money, finance wonks and rich attorneys who can afford to pay for this garbage product called the warriors.

spreadeagle
03-20-2012, 11:39 PM
that was so awkward to watch lol they booed forever! haha its monta not kobe calm down folks, he didnt even get ya to the playoffs

*Superman*
03-21-2012, 12:46 AM
:laugh:

awkward moment when you have to wait because of the boos.

Monta is beast
03-21-2012, 01:02 AM
Oh really? Because when the Kings play in Oakland, I see the same number of Kings fans as there are Warriors when I go to the game.

It was even worse back in the day, you would only hear fans cheer every time the Kings made a bucket.

Dude your trippin. I go to almost every Warriors-Kings game, and there is no where near as many Kings fans, as the amount of Warriors fans in Sacramento. Shoot last year and the year before you would hear "lets go warriors" in Sacramento.

Monta is beast
03-21-2012, 01:05 AM
Is it really an argument? The Warriors fans are the best, and it's not really close. Name one team that's struggled as much as we have, and still sells out every signle night. We have been in the top in attendance for the last three years, despite finishing below .500 every year.

Cfrey
03-21-2012, 01:10 AM
Is it really an argument? The Warriors fans are the best, and it's not really close. Name one team that's struggled as much as we have, and still sells out every signle night. We have been in the top in attendance for the last three years, despite finishing below .500 every year.

dude congratulations.. no one cares

go booo your owner some more

Public Enemy #1
03-21-2012, 01:20 AM

SLOW CLAP for you buddy. Excellent contribution to this thread. ;) DUMB DUMB

49warriors
03-21-2012, 01:21 AM
Boooooooo

AddiX
03-21-2012, 01:32 AM
I'll say this again, why are people here defending a billionaire over the fans who have paid year after year to see a mediocre team at best?

This is crazy, you guys have been brainwashed.

I cheer those fans!

ESaady
03-21-2012, 01:35 AM
I'll say this again, why are people here defending a billionaire over the fans who have paid year after year to see a mediocre team at best?

I cheer those fans!

I don't defend the owner. I defend Mullin who was disrespected by the fans because they felt the need to voice their opinion on a night that was an ode to the good years of the franchise as well as a HOF player in Mullin.

If the fans want to make a statement to Lacob they should stop going to the game.

Monta is beast
03-21-2012, 03:07 AM

#you mad bro

GrandDaddyPurp
03-21-2012, 03:11 AM

Is that how you make out the best fans? In that case, you must support those very fans who attended the Twolves game and filled those seats. Yeah, the same ones who booed your owner.

The Kings fan base is far better than the Warriors. It's not about selling out games but selling out games that matter and coming together as a community to keep the team in the city.

sunsfan88
03-21-2012, 03:49 AM

Who cares? Rex Ryan has guaranteed that the Jets will win the title every year since he started coaching them and they havent even made it to the superbowl but do you see their fans hating on Rex or booing him?

asandhu23
03-21-2012, 04:02 AM
Is that how you make out the best fans? In that case, you must support those very fans who attended the Twolves game and filled those seats. Yeah, the same ones who booed your owner.

The Kings fan base is far better than the Warriors. It's not about selling out games but selling out games that matter and coming together as a community to keep the team in the city.

In other words... "fans" bandwagon-ing and then scrambling to protect the only source of entertainment in town because the owners wanted to cut their losses.

jam
03-21-2012, 04:03 AM

The Knicks and Bulls. Only the Bulls have true basketball fans: the Warriors and Knicks sell their tickets to nouveau rich finance/law/tech jerkoffs.

jam
03-21-2012, 04:04 AM
In other words... "fans" bandwagon-ing and then scrambling to protect the only source of entertainment in town because the owners wanted to cut their losses.

Sacto embarrasses with it's fairweather fans.

asandhu23
03-21-2012, 04:09 AM
Who cares? Rex Ryan has guaranteed that the Jets will win the title every year since he started coaching them and they havent even made it to the superbowl but do you see their fans hating on Rex or booing him?

Reaching Super Bowl is much much much harder than just reaching playoffs. W's have had 1 playoff run in 19 years. Notice the serious difference between your example and W's reality.

asandhu23
03-21-2012, 04:14 AM
The Knicks and Bulls. Only the Bulls have true basketball fans: the Warriors and Knicks sell their tickets to nouveau rich finance/law/tech jerkoffs.

do you seriously think Bulls don't sell tickets to "nouveau rich finance / law / tech jerkoffs"? seriously?

GrandDaddyPurp
03-21-2012, 04:24 AM

How can you bandwagon a team you're already a fan of? Also, stay on topic. Trying to take a shot at Kings fans doesn't help your cause. Comparing the two fan bases probably isn't the best thing to do right now either considering what happened during Mullins night.

Warrior fans just have a really bad reputation right now around the league and it's just going to be that way for awhile. Accept it.

Monta is beast
03-21-2012, 04:42 AM
Saying King fans are better then Warriors fans is just dumb to be honest. The Kings can barely even make a profit because no one watches their games. If people aren't watching their games, how are their fans better then the Warriors? Year in and year out the Warriors are top 10 in attendance, and they are #3 in the NBA in tv ratings. Like I said the Kings can barely make a profit, because they don't have fans.

Monta is beast
03-21-2012, 04:45 AM
How can you bandwagon a team you're already a fan of? Also, stay on topic. Trying to take a shot at Kings fans doesn't help your cause. Comparing the two fan bases probably isn't the best thing to do right now either considering what happened during Mullins night. Warrior fans just have a really bad reputation right now around the league and it's just going to be that way for awhile. Accept it.

What, venting 35 years of frustration? Man, your really just sounding dumb now. Warriors fans have a bad reputation? Even fans from teams around the NBA will admit the Warriors have the most loyal and best fans in the game. I have never once in my life heard someone say the Kings have the best fans in the NBA.

Monta is beast
03-21-2012, 04:46 AM

:facepalm:

GrandDaddyPurp
03-21-2012, 04:49 AM
Saying King fans are better then Warriors fans is just dumb to be honest. The Kings can barely even make a profit because no one watches their games. If people aren't watching their games, how are their fans better then the Warriors? Year in and year out the Warriors are top 10 in attendance, and they are #3 in the NBA in tv ratings. Like I said the Kings can barely make a profit, because they don't have fans.

Oh no..:facepalm:

For your statement to be true, I hope you realize that you mean to support every single fan who booed your owner last night. You do realize that?

Also, everything you just mentioned about Kings fans came directly out of your ***. I don't even need to comment.

Monta is beast
03-21-2012, 04:58 AM
Oh no..:facepalm:

For your statement to be true, I hope you realize that you mean to support every single fan who booed your owner last night. You do realize that?

Also, everything you just mentioned about Kings fans came directly out of your ***. I don't even need to comment.

They had a right to boo him. He promised the playoffs, and failed. He amnestied an expiring contract, he said season ticket holders aren't real fans, he hired a coach with no expirience, he wants to move the team to SF.

And no it didn't. Why do you think the Kings were trying to move? They were losing money. There one of the teams that the NBA has had to support. The Kings have lost money the last 4 years.

GrandDaddyPurp
03-21-2012, 04:59 AM
What, venting 35 years of frustration? Man, your really just sounding dumb now. Warriors fans have a bad reputation? Even fans from teams around the NBA will admit the Warriors have the most loyal and best fans in the game. I have never once in my life heard someone say the Kings have the best fans in the NBA.

Call it what you want but the general consensus around the league is that it was classless. I don't see how I'm sounding dumb when really you have everyone saying the same thing. Trying to defend what happened is a lost cause and it's better if Warrior fans just accept it. You're doing yourself a disservice by attempting to make the actions of those fans sound better.

As for your last statement, I can change that unless your deaf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMvuNzZSiSY&t=1m31s

sf-fanatic
03-21-2012, 05:01 AM
Your an idiot.

*You are

Monta is beast
03-21-2012, 05:03 AM
Call it what you want but the general consensus around the league is that it was classless. I don't see how I'm sounding dumb when really you have everyone saying the same thing. Trying to defend what happened is a lost cause and it's better if Warrior fans just accept it. You're doing yourself a disservice by attempting to make the actions of those fans sound better.

As for your last statement, I can change that unless your deaf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMvuNzZSiSY&t=1m31s

It was classles in the manner it happened. But that was the first time Lacob has been in the public eye since the Monta trade. Why do you think they erupted when Mullin was uo there. This had nothing to do with Mullin. The fans are sick and tired of losing, and there starting to show it.

And like I said they have lost money the last four season. Now all of a sudden when the owners want to move they start to sell tickets. Sounds like fair-weather fans to me.

sf-fanatic
03-21-2012, 05:05 AM

You act like San Francisco and Oakland are so far. It's not the Oakland Warriors we are talking about, its the Golden State Warriors. Moving them to San Francisco has nothing to do with the fans because we still sellout. It is about moving to a larger market. Both San Francisco and Oakland's fanbase share the Warriors. It's not going to be much different.

The Kings are 25th in the NBA in average attendance and the Warriors are 9th. Your franchise was the one that almost got moved far away from Sacramento.

GrandDaddyPurp
03-21-2012, 05:07 AM
They had a right to boo him. He promised the playoffs, and failed. He amnestied an expiring contract, he said season ticket holders aren't real fans, he hired a coach with no expirience, he wants to move the team to SF.

And no it didn't. Why do you think the Kings were trying to move? They were losing money. There one of the teams that the NBA has had to support. The Kings have lost money the last 4 years.

I never said he didn't deserve being booed. The fans just picked a really bad time to do it. It was Mullins jersey retirement and the fans pulled a dick move. Simple as that, quit trying to defend those fans. You're making yourself look bad by siding with them.

Again, you should really stick to the topic. Comparing the fan bases does you no good. Everyone knows that the arena the Kings were playing wasn't sufficient enough to keep a basketball team. Which is exactly why they're getting a new one. You're previous statements were completely baseless. You said that the Kings "have no fans" and "no one watches their games". Like I said before, straight out of your ***.

sf-fanatic
03-21-2012, 05:09 AM

LOL come on the Kings are consisntently in the bottom 5 each year in attendance. I find it hard to believe that over 10,000 Kings fans will come to Oakland to cheer on the Kings when they play the Warriors.

Monta is beast
03-21-2012, 05:11 AM
I never said he didn't deserve being booed. The fans just picked a really bad time to do it. It was Mullins jersey retirement and the fans pulled a dick move. Simple as that, quit trying to defend those fans. You're making yourself look bad by siding with them.

Again, you should really stick to the topic. Comparing the fan bases does you no good. Everyone knows that the arena the Kings were playing wasn't sufficient enough to keep a basketball team. Which is exactly why they're getting a new one. You're previous statements were completely baseless. You said that the Kings "have no fans" and "no one watches their games". Like I said before, straight out of your ***.

Why do you think there was such a struggle to keep the Kings in Sac? Because they weren't making money. If the Kings were making money, why would there be any reason to move them. Like I said the Warriors are always in the top 10 in attendance, TV ratings, and merchandise sells, while the Kings are usually in thr bottom 5 in all.

sf-fanatic
03-21-2012, 05:13 AM

No, its not LOL. For example, the fan bases in SF/Oakland/SJ, Boston, Los Angeles, Chicago, NY are already SO LARGE that there is ABSOLUTELY NO THREAT of the team leaving the city. Teams like Hornets, Kings, Memphis are struggling and need to move the team because the owners are losing out on money....

Plus, when is the last time the Kings played a game that mattered (not that the warriors played in many games that mattered too)? I don't understand how that makes sense. Warriors sold out their playoff games which "mattered."

sf-fanatic
03-21-2012, 05:15 AM
How can you bandwagon a team you're already a fan of? Also, stay on topic. Trying to take a shot at Kings fans doesn't help your cause. Comparing the two fan bases probably isn't the best thing to do right now either considering what happened during Mullins night.

Warrior fans just have a really bad reputation right now around the league and it's just going to be that way for awhile. Accept it.

It's an isolated event. It's not like we do it year in and year out like some cities do. Keep thinking Sac's fanbase is better than the Warriors, I think you are alone in thinking so.

Monta is beast
03-21-2012, 05:16 AM
When the Warriors are in the playoffs, the NBA is better.

GrandDaddyPurp
03-21-2012, 05:19 AM
You act like San Francisco and Oakland are so far. It's not the Oakland Warriors we are talking about, its the Golden State Warriors. Moving them to San Francisco has nothing to do with the fans because we still sellout. It is about moving to a larger market. Both San Francisco and Oakland's fanbase share the Warriors. It's not going to be much different.

The Kings are 25th in the NBA in average attendance and the Warriors are 9th. Your franchise was the one that almost got moved far away from Sacramento.

I never said they far and never "acted" like they were. Once you go over that bridge, you're in a different city. San Francisco and Oakland do not have the same type of people which was my point. You can keep debating with me how it wouldn't make a difference but there's no way how either one of us can prove it.

So let me get this straight..."my" franchise ALMOST got relocated whereas "yours" is likely relocating but it doesn't matter because it's just over the bridge. Okay that's fantastic. High five.

D1JM
03-21-2012, 05:19 AM
Why do you think there was such a struggle to keep the Kings in Sac? Because they weren't making money. If the Kings were making money, why would there be any reason to move them. Like I said the Warriors are always in the top 10 in attendance, TV ratings, and merchandise sells, while the Kings are usually in thr bottom 5 in all.

it's because everyone thinks that the bay area isnt big.

GrandDaddyPurp
03-21-2012, 05:26 AM
I can keep saying stick to the topic but that's not going to stop idiot Warrior fans to keep bringing back the Kings into the conversation.

You all are obviously trying to recover from that embarrassing night displayed by your very "loyal" fans who sellout every game and buy your valued merchandise. By insulting other fan bases, really doesn't do you any service. In fact, it makes you look just as bad as those fans who booed your owner. It's not like that matters though, you are all clearly supporting each every single fan who booed. Congrats.

sf-fanatic
03-21-2012, 05:27 AM
Let me present some facts.

NBA Most Valuable Franchise (Value also depends on market, ticket sales, merchandise, tv ratings)
Warriors 8
Kings 23

http://www.forbes.com/nba-valuations/#p_3_s_a0_

Average Attendance
Warriors 9
Kings 25

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

I could go on and on.

sf-fanatic
03-21-2012, 05:29 AM
I never said they far and never "acted" like they were. Once you go over that bridge, you're in a different city. San Francisco and Oakland do not have the same type of people which was my point. You can keep debating with me how it wouldn't make a difference but there's no way how either one of us can prove it.

So let me get this straight..."my" franchise ALMOST got relocated whereas "yours" is likely relocating but it doesn't matter because it's just over the bridge. Okay that's fantastic. High five.

I don't see how you don't get the point that we are moving for TOTALLY DIFFERENT reasons. We are not struggling to profit.

San Francisco have some of the same type of people you are referring to. Just go to a 49ers game and you will see the same "type" of people.

sf-fanatic
03-21-2012, 05:31 AM
I can keep saying stick to the topic but that's not going to stop idiot Warrior fans to keep bringing back the Kings into the conversation.

You all are obviously trying to recover from that embarrassing night displayed by your very "loyal" fans who sellout every game and buy your valued merchandise. By insulting other fan bases, really doesn't do you any service. In fact, it makes you look just as bad as those fans who booed your owner. It's not like that matters though, you are all clearly supporting each every single fan who booed. Congrats.

Congrats.

Doesn't your fanbase consists of CousinsEvansDuo? :laugh2:

GrandDaddyPurp
03-21-2012, 05:32 AM
Do you not understand the purpose of this thread? I hope you realize that you mentioned the Kings in almost every single one of your post when they have absolutely NOTHING to do with the thread at hand. You're just wasting your time and making yourself look bad.

sf-fanatic
03-21-2012, 05:37 AM
Do you not understand the purpose of this thread? I hope you realize that you mentioned the Kings in almost every single one of your post when they have absolutely NOTHING to do with the thread at hand. You're just wasting your time and making yourself look bad.

So the point of the thread is just to insult the warriors fan base? I don't know what exactly we should be talking about here.

Possible related topics to booing Lacob
1. Should we seek punishment for the fans?
2. Should we figure out the necessary steps on how to prevent booing again?
3. Maybe we should have each member of the PSD warrior section that was at the game booing to be beheaded?

Nothing good can come out of this thread.

Should I make a thread about how the Kings have no fans and just keep posting "KEEP IT ON TOPIC"

I'm sure I can have a lot of fun with that one too.

Of course if you bash our fanbase, especially with points that aren't even valid, we would come defend it.

GrandDaddyPurp
03-21-2012, 05:39 AM
You're just asking for this thread to be closed by making it into Kings vs Warriors.

The bottom line is that the general consensus around the league is that the booing by those fans was just classless. They ruined what was supposed to be Mullins jersey retirement. Anyone in disagreement is just an absolute idiot. I'm going to just leave it at that.

sf-fanatic
03-21-2012, 05:42 AM
You're just asking for this thread to be closed by making it into Kings vs Warriors.

The bottom line is that the general consensus around the league is that the booing by those fans was just classless. They ruined what was supposed to be Mullins jersey retirement. Anyone in disagreement is just an absolute idiot. I'm going to just leave it at that.

No one disagreed with the booing, people disagreed when you said that the kings fanbase is better than the warriors.

This thread can be closed. I don't care.

GrandDaddyPurp
03-21-2012, 05:43 AM
Nobody came here trying to bash the Warriors fan base until you brought up the Kings. I was just focused on the fans who booed the owner. Then a few of you came in here trying to defend "those fans" which was absolutely ludicrous. Nobody thinks the entire Warriors fan base is classless because I personally know a few good Warrior fans.

You wouldn't get anywhere with that thread. This one at least has a foundation.

GrandDaddyPurp
03-21-2012, 05:45 AM
There's posts earlier where that Monta dude or whomever was making an argument for the fans who booed. That's just stupid. Whatever their fans frustrations were, they picked a horrible time to boo the owner. It's not even debatable.

sf-fanatic
03-21-2012, 05:47 AM
Thanks, I've heard it about 159 times in this thread.

PSD servers must be glitching.

GrandDaddyPurp
03-21-2012, 05:50 AM
I still do believe that our fanbase is better. I have no reason to retract that statement. By bringing up merchandise sales and sellouts doesn't mean anything. If that's the case then your supporting every single fan whom booed since they're the exact same people who buy tickets. Make up your mind, your either proud of those people who sell out Warrior games or you think their classless. Regardless of your opinion, I would still say the Kings fanbase is better.

GrandDaddyPurp
03-21-2012, 05:53 AM
You're welcome? I never really said it but I was just replying to all the warrior fans who were saying the exact same thing as you.

sf-fanatic
03-21-2012, 05:55 AM
I still do believe that our fanbase is better. I have no reason to retract that statement. By bringing up merchandise sales and sellouts doesn't mean anything. If that's the case then your supporting every single fan whom booed since they're the exact same people who buy tickets. Make up your mind, your either proud of those people who sell out Warrior games or you think their classless. Regardless of your opinion, I would still say the Kings fanbase is better.

Yeah, so EVERY single fan in the stadium booed Lacob. The boos were so loud that I thought we were playing the Mavericks in the playoffs again. It's quite simple, a certain number of fans don't make up a fan base and an isolated incident won't all of a sudden make the warriors fans classless. No one is going to change your opinion that the kings have the better fan base, but you might be alone in thinking that.

GrandDaddyPurp
03-21-2012, 06:02 AM
Have you ever even heard somebody boo? If everyone booed, it still wouldn't be as loud as everyone in the stadium screaming. Regardless, there were a lot of people booing. The owner wasn't even able to get his few words in and probably never would have if Rick Barry hadn't stepped in.

I completely agree but you don't understand that your little "certain number" are the majority of fans whom buy tickets and attend games.

I actually know for a fact that I am not alone thinking that. I've heard people say the Kings have the best fans in the NBA. I posted a video earlier that instantly disproves your statement.

SportsAndrew25
03-21-2012, 10:59 AM
Wow. That is just classless. You will never see this happen in New York when it comes to something like this.

abe_froman
03-21-2012, 11:06 AM

I cheer those fans!

even if warrior fans have grievances and want to pour them out,there is a time and place for that.and it isnt on the night dedicated to one of your legends.you do realize you ruined his night,not just the billionaires?

asandhu23
03-21-2012, 11:17 AM
here is a great article. The reasons why we fans are pissed off.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7714701/how-annoy-fan-base-60-easy-steps

Cfrey
03-21-2012, 12:44 PM
#you mad bro

hahaha yeah im mad cause lacob got booed? i couldn't care less..

as for you, you keep having to respond and try and defend your fans' actions

lol u mad bra?

Cfrey
03-21-2012, 12:45 PM
#you mad bro

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7714701/how-annoy-fan-base-60-easy-steps

u mad bra???

LOL

Monta is beast
03-21-2012, 03:02 PM
hahaha yeah im mad cause lacob got booed? i couldn't care less..

as for you, you keep having to respond and try and defend your fans' actions

lol u mad bra?

I don't need to defend anyone "bra". What they did had justification.

CityofTreez
03-21-2012, 03:55 PM

Yeah, you guys are the Bay Area Warriors. Huge densely populated regions attract alot more fans than us (in Sacramento).

I don't want to debate who is the better fanbase (because that's dumb), but I'm just saying, if we flipped the script and you guys were the Sacramento Warriors. That bolded part would not be the same. You guys have the better attendance because you guys got the Greater Bay Area, and that is a great advantage when it comes down to attendance/ratings/sell-outs.

Bruno
03-21-2012, 04:01 PM
oakland.

Monta is beast
03-21-2012, 06:03 PM
Yeah, you guys are the Bay Area Warriors. Huge densely populated regions attract alot more fans than us (in Sacramento).

I don't want to debate who is the better fanbase (because that's dumb), but I'm just saying, if we flipped the script and you guys were the Sacramento Warriors. That bolded part would not be the same. You guys have the better attendance because you guys got the Greater Bay Area, and that is a great advantage when it comes down to attendance/ratings/sell-outs.

Who's fault is that?

sf-fanatic
03-21-2012, 06:54 PM

That's honestly what I've been trying to say, but its not like the Kings never sold out games either. During the Webber era, the Kings consistently sold out. Warriors sell out when we lose, the kings don't. But in the playoffs, but teams sell out.