PDA

View Full Version : Are the NJ Nets kidding

Brony
03-20-2012, 12:06 AM
Wallace is a decent player. You gave up a number one draft pick for him. Williams is gone(to Dallas) next year. Should be a good team next year.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-20-2012, 12:09 AM
The pick is top 3 protected.

So if they get #1, they keep it.

NYtilIdie
03-20-2012, 12:10 AM
I know right?

Brony
03-20-2012, 12:12 AM
I realize that but is Wallace worth a 1st round pick from 4-10.

Fnom11
03-20-2012, 12:13 AM
I wouldn't even give a 1st rounder for Wallace. He's solid but probably the most inconsistent player of the year.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-20-2012, 12:14 AM

I believe they want to get as much assets as they can to make a playoff push.

#1 draft pick is different from 1st round. Had me confused for a second.

jetsfan28
03-20-2012, 12:15 AM
If they lost Williams, they'd be pretty ****ed anyway even with pick 4-10

This gives them a shot at:

Lopez
Davis or Robinson
Wallace
Brooks/Morrow
Williams

Presents a compelling argument for him to stay. And look how many picks 4-10 are busts, it's not like they are that much worse off losing the pick than they would be just losing Williams, since without Williams they're completely ****ed either way.

esterrke
03-20-2012, 12:16 AM
I realize that but is Wallace worth a 1st round pick from 4-10. http://www.bicidi.info/jpg1

shep33
03-20-2012, 12:21 AM
Brilliant move if it pans out this way lol

-Just suck the rest of the year, and make sure you get a top 3 pick

-Then talk Wallace into coming back with Dwill, Lopez, Marshon, while picking up players via free agency.

Billy King you sly bugger

oak2455
03-20-2012, 12:27 AM
thats not the Blueprint.......

Raph12
03-20-2012, 12:33 AM
I know they only like 3 guys but the pick should've been top 10 protected, guys like Kidd-Gilchrist and Robinson (others they liked besides Davis) could possibly drop that far and then the Nets management would feel stupid... Again.

Oh and GForce is a FA this summer.

OaklandsFinest
03-20-2012, 12:36 AM
The Nets I think messed up here, I would have kept the pick, and then tried to convince Wallace to come there in the offseason, if thats they guy you want. I do think this makes things interesting, if they get the number one pick, do they take Anthony Davis? He's basically Gerald Wallace 2.0.

jmoney85
03-20-2012, 12:38 AM
anthony davis is actually nothing like gerald wallace

jmoney85
03-20-2012, 12:39 AM
he had 27 points and 12 rebounds tonight.... ill tell you right now that anybody we would pick 4-10 wouldnt come close to having a game like that in probably 2 years if at all

Oldmantrash
03-20-2012, 12:42 AM
Was a bad trade, unless it helps keep Deron.

We could be in big trouble, hoping BK has a master plan B.

oak2455
03-20-2012, 12:43 AM
did they win?? bad question

oak2455
03-20-2012, 12:43 AM
Cavs 66 points in the paint .......WOW!!!!!!

cutiepie80
03-20-2012, 12:47 AM
Feel bad for the nets, just bad.

Cal827
03-20-2012, 01:07 AM
I would laugh my *** off if they somehow ended with the worst record overall due to tanking.... Just to see them end up falling to 4th overall :D

dee279
03-20-2012, 01:26 AM
Was a bad trade, unless it helps keep Deron.

We could be in big trouble, hoping BK has a master plan B.

BK could alwaus throw in a Triple stacker and a large fry. Sounds better then plan A to me. I love Burger King food.

Blazers#1Fan
03-20-2012, 01:47 AM
Harrison barnes is projected 3rd-6th lets just hope he does fall to us we could end up with the fastest rebuild in nba history

La
Barnes
Batum

Good building block plus are pick and if we tank the rest of the year we could have a pick from 1-10 imagine blazers getting the 1st and nets get the forth

Corey
03-20-2012, 01:50 AM
The Nets I think messed up here, I would have kept the pick, and then tried to convince Wallace to come there in the offseason, if thats they guy you want. I do think this makes things interesting, if they get the number one pick, do they take Anthony Davis? He's basically Gerald Wallace 2.0.

You dun goof'd.

They're no where close to similar.

NetSymptom
03-20-2012, 02:07 AM
he had 27 points and 12 rebounds tonight.... ill tell you right now that anybody we would pick 4-10 wouldnt come close to having a game like that in probably 2 years if at all

You mean like Tristian Thompson, picked 4th OVR, who also had 27 points and 12 rebounds. I don't think anyone had Thompson going as high as he did, so I'd say your logic is comically and ironically wrong here.

oak2455
03-20-2012, 07:11 AM
You mean like Tristian Thompson, picked 4th OVR, who also had 27 points and 12 rebounds. I don't think anyone had Thompson going as high as he did, so I'd say your logic is comically and ironically wrong here.

Which isn't surprising ....

PhillyFaninLA
03-20-2012, 07:29 AM
Wallace is a decent player. You gave up a number one draft pick for him. Williams is gone(to Dallas) next year. Should be a good team next year.

top 3 protected pick so if you get one of the top picks they keep it.

Show you evidence, you know the fact based one and not the I'm so arrogant I can't be wrong that would exist without your real fact based evidence about Deron's team next year.

PhillyFaninLA
03-20-2012, 07:31 AM
I would laugh my *** off if they somehow ended with the worst record overall due to tanking.... Just to see them end up falling to 4th overall :D

Well that speaks wonder of your character.

Mr Costanza
03-20-2012, 07:42 AM
Not saying I think it will happen but can Orlando trade Howard this summer?

ChiCubsFan
03-20-2012, 07:43 AM
I think them not trading Deron Williams was one of the dumbest moves out there. Just like when the Raptors didnt trade Bosh. Why let them walk away for nothing? That teams plans became a huge bust. No Lebron no Carmelo no Howard and now soon to be no Williams.

Jint.
03-20-2012, 07:45 AM
"Blueprint for Disaster"

torontosports10
03-20-2012, 07:49 AM
Common Nets, win as any games as possible. Then Raps got better chance for higher lotto pick, they lose their 1st round pick to Portland, and hopefully lose Deron to FA.

If all that happens, then they basically become.....well.. the Toronto Raptors right now.

FlakeyFool
03-20-2012, 08:28 AM
Common Nets, win as any games as possible. Then Raps got better chance for higher lotto pick, they lose their 1st round pick to Portland, and hopefully lose Deron to FA.

If all that happens, then they basically become.....well.. the Toronto Raptors right now.

except they won't have jamal magloire at the helm

DragonJaii
03-20-2012, 08:44 AM
nets aren't kidding, they are for real!

MattS
03-20-2012, 09:10 AM
Agreed 100% If they traded him they could have gotten expiring pieces or draft picks.
Deron is going to opt out as he said before the season and reiterated last week. HE is a FA when he does that and I know that the team a guy plays for can pay more, but in reality it aint THAT much more especially when you consider the endorsements her will get in NY/NJ if he plays here.
So if he is that set on playing here and coming back why not put that trust in it & trade him because its a crap shoot anyways at this point.

Personally I think Deron is gone and the Nets are a franchise that sees the writing on the wall and is in full panic mode. Moving to a city where they will always be the stepchild and never out of the Knicks shadows, they are desperate t6o have a "star" lead them into their new arena, unfortunately they arent going to have one. Its sad when you have to sell your own player & team on off court endorsements to get paid, which is what the Nets are going to have to do.

I thnk Derons comments last week, the " this is not monkey see monkey do" regarding Dwight opting in are more then telling. That combind with not talking to media last night.

Dude is out, Nets dropped the ball here.... I also think Deron quietly hopes that the Knicks find a way to get him on the roster... a huge longshot considering the Nets aint trading him there, but the Knicks will give Deron everything he is looking for... a chance to win, a young roster, New York... plus dont tell me Dolan wouldnt love to stick this knife in the Nets side when they are making their move to Brooklyn. Just know there is really no way it can happen.

I think them not trading Deron Williams was

one of the dumbest moves out there. Just like when the Raptors didnt trade Bosh. Why let them walk away for nothing? That teams plans became a huge bust. No Lebron no Carmelo no Howard and now soon to be no Williams.

Cal827
03-20-2012, 09:30 AM
Well that speaks wonder of your character.

oh come on! You are telling me that a team that decides to throw games deserves to get a high pick? I mean, I can understand if they suck, but I honestly believe this team is better than they have been leading on lol

Bob_at_york
03-20-2012, 09:32 AM
I wouldn't even give a 1st rounder for Wallace. He's solid but probably the most inconsistent player of the year.

I think Wallace is worth a first rounder. Not sure about a high lottery pick but anything after #10, he is definitely worth it.

FlakeyFool
03-20-2012, 09:41 AM
I think Wallace is worth a first rounder. Not sure about a high lottery pick but anything after #10, he is definitely worth it.

still not the right direction for the nets

Bob_at_york
03-20-2012, 10:19 AM
still not the right direction for the nets

i never said it was.

ahigbee
03-20-2012, 10:40 AM
Wallace can be a good player for them. Especially to help them Defensively.

The pick they gave up is protected in the first three picks. Meaning if it becomes a 1st 2nd or 3rd pick, the nets keep it. Really, those are the meaningful picks anyways. If they lose a 8th pick, they lose a chance on a developmental player.

Deron could still stay, but if he doesnt, thats just 17 million more they save in cap space. There are going to be some good players in this free agency, not on Derons Caliber, but they can still build something good there.

abe_froman
03-20-2012, 10:45 AM
what can you say,they panicked

jmoney85
03-20-2012, 02:19 PM
I think its hilarious how everybody thinks deron will automatically be gone

jmoney85
03-20-2012, 02:21 PM

really? ... so you're telling me thompson is better than gerald wallace?

oak2455
03-20-2012, 02:22 PM
I think its funny how everybody thought The Nets had D12 in the bag......Jm gotta give you props other ppl just seemed to vanish.....you know who they are

jmoney85
03-20-2012, 02:24 PM
the nets fans had every reason to think that.... it was reported on several occasions that he wanted the nets

oak2455
03-20-2012, 02:28 PM
the nets fans had every reason to think that.... it was reported on several occasions that he wanted the nets

so did Cliff Lee;) Unless I hear it from the guys mouth I never believe that stuff:D

DoMeFavors
03-20-2012, 02:32 PM
rookies need time to develop, the next 3 years Wallace would be better than them and you dont know how that pick would turn out. Wallace is proven and if Nets want to start winning they need a proven player.

DoMeFavors
03-20-2012, 02:38 PM
Wallace was first team all defense 2 years ago, had 27 and 12 last night...

oak2455
03-20-2012, 02:50 PM
So did Tristan Thompson Mon 3/19 @NJ W 105-100 27 PTS, 12 REB ohhh and he's 21

lvlheaded
03-20-2012, 02:54 PM
Wallace is a FA this offseason.
Deron is a FA this offseason.

Let's just say both of them walk and the Blazers end up with the Nets fourth pick and take Harrison Barnes.

The Nets get screwed out of a guy that could be a great player and lose Deron and Wallace for nothing.

I'm not saying this is definitely happening, I'm just saying it is an extremely risky proposition.

jmoney85
03-20-2012, 02:55 PM

Let's just say both of them walk and the Blazers end up with the Nets fourth pick and take Harrison Barnes.

The Nets get screwed out of a guy that could be a great player and lose Deron and Wallace for nothing.

I'm not saying this is definitely happening, I'm just saying it is an extremely risky proposition.

you must be a moron if you think wallace will not pick up that 10.5 mil option

and harrison barnes isnt anything special

NetSymptom
03-20-2012, 03:04 PM
really? ... so you're telling me thompson is better than gerald wallace?

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Major Fail

That's not the point, and no where in my post did I say Thompson was better than Wallace.

You wrote, and I quote, "he had 27 points and 12 rebounds tonight.... ill tell you right now that anybody we would pick 4-10 wouldnt come close to having a game like that in probably 2 years if at all"

You write that despite the fact that IN THE SAME GAME, a rookie drafted in that 4-10 range you so aptly mentioned posted the exact same statistics you said someone drafted in that range wouldn't be able to for several years.

No one thought Thompson was going to go 4th or that early. Just showing you how illogical your post was. So just because YOU don't think someone coming out this year can do that, doesn't mean they can't.

Don't try to change the subject, you can't change what you wrote.

kenzo400
03-20-2012, 03:13 PM

Playoff push? They are 7 games back from the 8th spot lol

jrm2054
03-20-2012, 03:27 PM
it depends how it ends up if deron stays and g wallace to with a top3 pick then it was a good move

waveycrockett
03-20-2012, 03:39 PM
So did Tristan Thompson Mon 3/19 @NJ W 105-100 27 PTS, 12 REB ohhh and he's 21

So what does that mean? 27 and 12 isn't impressive?

KNICKS R BACK
03-20-2012, 03:41 PM

no...saying a number one draft pick is equivalant to saying a first round pick...he didnt say number one overall...smh canadians:facepalm:

jmoney85
03-20-2012, 03:42 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Major Fail

That's not the point, and no where in my post did I say Thompson was better than Wallace.

You wrote, and I quote, "he had 27 points and 12 rebounds tonight.... ill tell you right now that anybody we would pick 4-10 wouldnt come close to having a game like that in probably 2 years if at all"

You write that despite the fact that IN THE SAME GAME, a rookie drafted in that 4-10 range you so aptly mentioned posted the exact same statistics you said someone drafted in that range wouldn't be able to for several years.

No one thought Thompson was going to go 4th or that early. Just showing you how illogical your post was. So just because YOU don't think someone coming out this year can do that, doesn't mean they can't.

Don't try to change the subject, you can't change what you wrote.

you're missing the point

gerald wallace will be better than any pick 4-10 for a while

lvlheaded
03-20-2012, 03:42 PM

you must be a moron if you think wallace will not pick up that 10.5 mil option

and harrison barnes isnt anything special

"You must be a moron" to completely ignore the fact that everything I said was hypothetical. You must have missed the part where I said "Lets just say they both walk." Or the part that said "Im not saying this is definitely happening"

But your right, me explaining a hypothetical that could happen makes ME the moron :facepalm:

And how do you know that? Did you look into the future to see that Harrison Barnes would be nothing special? Or do you just know better than the countless scouts that think this kid has star potential.

If you can see into the future can I get the lotto numbers and next years superbowl winner real quick?

To completely blow off a possible situation just cause you are a Net fan and don't want to believe its gonna happen is absolutely insane. You must be one of the fans that was guaranteeing they would get Melo or that Dwight would be there by now. You give your fan base a bad name when you simply blow off a possibility cause you don't want it to happen.

With the way players get over paid now, I wouldn't be shocked at all if Wallace could get 12 million on the open market with a couple teams bidding, including the Nets who would probably be willing to overpay to bring him back in the hopes it keeps D-Will around. It's asinine to just assume it won't happen because you don't want it too, and to write off Harrison Barnes because the Blazers may get him with your pick.

jmoney85
03-20-2012, 03:45 PM
"You must be a moron" to completely ignore the fact that everything I said was hypothetical. You must have missed the part where I said "Lets just say they both walk." Or the part that said "Im not saying this is definitely happening"

But your right, me explaining a hypothetical that could happen make ME the moron :facepalm:

And how do you know that? Did you look into the future to see that Harrison Barnes would be nothing special? Or do you just know better than the countless scouts that think this kid has star potential.

If you can see into the future can I get the lotto numbers and next years superbowl winner real quick?

why be hypothetical when there is absolutely no chance that option isnt picked up

thats borderline baiting

talk about seeing into the future?... coming from the guy who says dwill is gone

DoMeFavors
03-20-2012, 03:46 PM

You have to take risks in sports. For example Knicks took a risk by signing Amare to 100 million dollar contract.

lvlheaded
03-20-2012, 03:52 PM
why be hypothetical when there is absolutely no chance that option isnt picked up

thats borderline baiting

talk about seeing into the future?... coming from the guy who says dwill is gone

PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I SAID D-WILL WAS DEFINITELY GONE? Id love to see any post I have ever posted that said D-Will is definitely gone. As a matter of fact, in most threads, I have said that D-Will could absolutely still stay, but not getting Dwight probably hurts the chances.

And again, WHERE DID I SAY THAT WALLACE WAS DEFINITELY GONE? How do you know he wont opt out and try and make more money? Or even take a little less to try and go to a better team. Or maybe the Nets DONT pick up that option in order to clear more money to go after players they may like better. You just refuse to see the possibilities because you are a Net fan.

I explained that this deal could end up being risky for the Nets. I at no point said "The Nets suck, they are gonna lose D-Will, Wallace, and have no draft pick." So please tell me how I am baiting by saying this could be risky for the Nets IF D-Will and Wallace leave? Id love a mods opinion too as to how my post could be "borderline baiting"

RLundi
You have to take risks in sports. For example Knicks took a risk by signing Amare to 100 million dollar contract.

No matter how you slice it, this is a dumb move.

BigCityofDreams
I think its funny how everybody thought The Nets had D12 in the bag......Jm gotta give you props other ppl just seemed to vanish.....you know who they are

Word props to the guys that still post on here and didn't go MI.A. when news of Dwight opting in broke. Even Do Me Favors faced the music.

DoMeFavors
03-20-2012, 03:53 PM
Clippers did the same thing last year with Mo Williams and they are fine.

lvlheaded
03-20-2012, 03:53 PM

Absolutely agree with you. Risks are necessary, im simply speaking to the situation. If both leave, it would set the franchise back a little. Doesn't mean they will, I still think there is a great chance that D-Will stays. Its just not a situation you want to have to be in

LongIslandIcedZ
03-20-2012, 03:54 PM
If the Nets end up getting the 4th or 5th pick, they will regret this move. Missing out on someone like Barnes or Kidd-Gilchrist all so you could get Wallace seems like a poor move. At least protect it like top 10 or something.

DoMeFavors
03-20-2012, 03:58 PM
Anyway you guys put it, its hard to be an all star in this league or even a good player, Wallace is a very good defender and proven player..You never know how that pick will turn out. It could be a good pick or it could be a bust but if Nets are trying to win in the next couple of years I think it was the right move. It hurts if Deron doesnt resign though I agree but if he does and nets get other pieces I think it was a good move.

FriedTofuz
03-20-2012, 04:11 PM
theyre not making the playoffs, portland just got a lottery pick for gerald wallace. Wow. :laugh2:

Crackadalic
03-20-2012, 04:20 PM
If D-will was already lock up I would say it was a ok move to make. He isnt say I would say it was a bad move only because you just don't know if he will stay or not

beasted86
03-20-2012, 04:31 PM
theyre not making the playoffs, portland just got a lottery pick for gerald wallace. Wow. :laugh2:

When thinking about it carefully, the Blazers traded Dante Cunningham and a 19th pick for a 3-6 1st round pick.

They first traded Joel Przybilla, Cunningham and their 2011 first for Wallace, but now have Przybilla back.

Lindystud36
03-20-2012, 04:50 PM
Nets made the right move
Now Trade Lopez and marshon Brooks for monta Ellis
Draft Drummond and Fab Melo
Dominate!

PlezPlayDKnicks
03-20-2012, 06:29 PM
Word props to the guys that still post on here and didn't go MI.A. when news of Dwight opting in broke. Even Do Me Favors faced the music.

I respect DoMeFavors for not being a coward but it doesn't make it any less funny being he and Chill always bashed the knicks

THE GIPPER
03-20-2012, 06:54 PM
Horrible trade for the nets especially because the draft is so deep

Meaze_Gibson
03-20-2012, 07:33 PM
Horrible trade for the nets especially because the draft is so deep

but who in this draft will be potentially better than G wallace in three years. Everybody hypin this draft but its not really all that. IMO Marshon is better than any 2 guard prospect. The pg spot is ugly. The small forward prospects are overrated. Other than Sullinger, none of the 4's or 5's are complete.

There just isnt anyone outside if the top 3 who i feel is or will be better than a 30 yr old Wallace.

BigCityofDreams
03-20-2012, 07:39 PM
I respect DoMeFavors for not being a coward but it doesn't make it any less funny being he and Chill always bashed the knicks

Very well said. I'm surprised Chill went to the extreme of bashing the Knicks almost on an everyday basis.

jmoney85
03-20-2012, 08:23 PM
im not a fan of chill_will but lets be real here.... knicks fans are the ones that start the bashing

DoMeFavors
03-20-2012, 08:26 PM

I dont know about Chill Will since he always calls me out for hating on the Knicks but he does it more, I dont hate on the Knicks I give them props a lot.

oak2455
03-20-2012, 08:48 PM
Chill Will :cricket::cricket::cricket::laugh2:

jmoney85
03-20-2012, 09:06 PM
chill will went ghost lol

Deemerc
03-20-2012, 09:18 PM
Oak be honest u didn't think d12 was getting traded?

JerseysFinest
03-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Bottom line is, Nets had to prove to Deron they're willing to make moves to improve the team for the future. Of course, the deal wasn't the best. Nets could've probably gotten a better player with that pick had they kept it. But it's past now. Wallace is a very good player, and a player that has already made an impact with the team. Will Deron remain with the team? I believe there's a chance. But it's not a foregone conclusion he's headed to the Mavericks or Lakers or wherever. Let's just see what happens instead of just jumping to conclusions.

JerseysFinest
03-20-2012, 09:28 PM
I think them not trading Deron Williams was one of the dumbest moves out there. Just like when the Raptors didnt trade Bosh. Why let them walk away for nothing? That teams plans became a huge bust. No Lebron no Carmelo no Howard and now soon to be no Williams.

How do you know it's a definite he's gone?

THE GIPPER
03-20-2012, 09:31 PM
but who in this draft will be potentially better than G wallace in three years. Everybody hypin this draft but its not really all that. IMO Marshon is better than any 2 guard prospect. The pg spot is ugly. The small forward prospects are overrated. Other than Sullinger, none of the 4's or 5's are complete.

There just isnt anyone outside if the top 3 who i feel is or will be better than a 30 yr old Wallace.

Lots of guys imo. Kidd-Gilchrist, Jeremy Lamb, Drummond (If he falls out of the top 4), Thomas Robinson etc. Its a really deep draft and Crash is already turning 30.

oak2455
03-20-2012, 09:34 PM
Oak be honest u didn't think d12 was getting traded?

Honest I thought it was 50/50, but as time went on... thought the Magic would just keep him for some dumb reason.... and this Deron situation is weird dk what to think

Beantownsboss
03-20-2012, 09:39 PM
Jay-z and Co. are doing their thing. GO NETS!!!!:facepalm:

MattS
03-20-2012, 09:44 PM
yeah but hadnt you been down that road before... like last year... with Carmelo?

MattS
03-20-2012, 09:46 PM
how can you say that? the guy has been traded TWICE in less then a year.... clearly there must be something to that

you're missing the point

gerald wallace will be better than any pick 4-10 for a while

Beantownsboss
03-20-2012, 09:51 PM
They also want to sign KG, that's a good backup plan lol.

PHX2daDEATH
03-20-2012, 09:52 PM
What makes this bad is if they get # 4 and either Robinson or Gilchrist slip to 4 to Portland (Davis won't).. this kills any chance at Dwight Howard if trade talks start after the season also..but if they get a top 3 pick ,I couldn't see Orlando turning down a trade..

JerseysFinest
03-20-2012, 09:54 PM
yeah but hadnt you been down that road before... like last year... with Carmelo?

Two different situations. Melo wanted the Knicks, and only the Knicks, Nets wanted him as well. That didn't work. Dwight reportedly wanted the Nets or Mavericks, and later it became clear he wanted the Nets, but then he decided to stay. For all we know, maybe he just wanted Orlando the entire time.

BklynKnicks3
03-20-2012, 10:11 PM
nets= joke of the league lil birdie lost note to howard lmao

Deemerc
03-20-2012, 10:15 PM
nets= joke of the league lil birdie lost note to howard lmao

Sort of like the Knicks the past 12 years

jimm120
03-20-2012, 10:28 PM
Anyway you guys put it, its hard to be an all star in this league or even a good player, Wallace is a very good defender and proven player..You never know how that pick will turn out. It could be a good pick or it could be a bust but if Nets are trying to win in the next couple of years I think it was the right move. It hurts if Deron doesnt resign though I agree but if he does and nets get other pieces I think it was a good move.

Personally, I have nothing against Gerald Wallace. I think he's a FINE, FINE piece. I definitely agree with you on that.

But the problem I have with this deal is that they traded away their 1st rounder this year...and that was with knowing that they'd have a high pick considering that they have such a poor record. I'm sure that pick would be worth more in this year's draft to Deron than Wallace.

Of course, its a psychological game. They might be trying to get Williams feel as if the team feels "different" and on the "upward".

It would have been nice to have Gerald from the start, along with Brooks coming in 20 games in and Deron ad Marshoon.

Oh well. A HUGE gamble by the Nets. I hope they do get a top 3 pick.

I'm a 100% Knicks fan. I've always been indifferent about the Nets. Who cares about Jersey. But when they move to Brooklyn, I intend to at least be piqued slightly by the Nets. Brooklyn is the best borough! But I'll always be a Knicks fan.

jmoney85
03-21-2012, 01:17 AM
Personally, I have nothing against Gerald Wallace. I think he's a FINE, FINE piece. I definitely agree with you on that.

But the problem I have with this deal is that they traded away their 1st rounder this year...and that was with knowing that they'd have a high pick considering that they have such a poor record. I'm sure that pick would be worth more in this year's draft to Deron than Wallace.

Of course, its a psychological game. They might be trying to get Williams feel as if the team feels "different" and on the "upward".

It would have been nice to have Gerald from the start, along with Brooks coming in 20 games in and Deron ad Marshoon.

Oh well. A HUGE gamble by the Nets. I hope they do get a top 3 pick.

I'm a 100% Knicks fan. I've always been indifferent about the Nets. Who cares about Jersey. But when they move to Brooklyn, I intend to at least be piqued slightly by the Nets. Brooklyn is the best borough! But I'll always be a Knicks fan.

why would an unproven draft pick mean more to deron than a proven wallace

:facepalm:

DoMeFavors
03-21-2012, 01:26 AM
I think Deron wanted a player here, I think he likes Wallace...I dont think he wants to rebuild at all he wants veterans from all the quotes ive seen from him.

AddiX
03-21-2012, 01:35 AM
I camt blame nj for trying and I'm a Knicks fan.

Realistically, what they need to do now is do what Denver did, build a team without a main superstar, get some real talent on the roster, than you cam get the stars later if you still want.

Ny is about one thing, and that's winning. They'll support the team if it is good and doesn't have a superstar.

Throughout knick history and even Yankee history, or mets history, most of the fan favorites weren't the best player on the team.

DoMeFavors
03-21-2012, 01:37 AM
I camt blame nj for trying and I'm a Knicks fan.

Realistically, what they need to do now is do what Denver did, build a team without a main superstar, get some real talent on the roster, than you cam get the stars later if you still want.

Ny is about one thing, and that's winning. They'll support the team if it is good and doesn't have a superstar.

Throughout knick history and even Yankee history, or mets history, most of the fan favorites weren't the best player on the team.

So what you are saying is Nets would be better if they didnt keep Deron? Nets do have a superstar.

Meaze_Gibson
03-21-2012, 02:08 AM
Lots of guys imo. Kidd-Gilchrist, Jeremy Lamb, Drummond (If he falls out of the top 4), Thomas Robinson etc. Its a really deep draft and Crash is already turning 30.

Drummond and Lamb are fresh off of very poor NCAA tournament showings. Kidd-Gilchrist in time will be a lesser version of wallace but now within 3 years. People talkin like 30 is old. You are in your athletic and mental prime from about 28-33. That is when you finally understand your role, and when knowledge of game catches up to athleticism. If you want Williams, you need top players now. Not in the future.

THE GIPPER
03-21-2012, 02:44 AM
Drummond and Lamb are fresh off of very poor NCAA tournament showings. Kidd-Gilchrist in time will be a lesser version of wallace but now within 3 years. People talkin like 30 is old. You are in your athletic and mental prime from about 28-33. That is when you finally understand your role, and when knowledge of game catches up to athleticism. If you want Williams, you need top players now. Not in the future.

1 game...

MattS
03-21-2012, 08:44 AM
understood... but there were plenty of comments being made that Melo did want the Nets as well.

I agree that maybe he did just want Orlando, and wanted this out to make the Magic squirm to give him more control within the organization.

Dont think for a second the Magic wont angle for Deron this offseason or CP3 as a free agent in 2013 when the Magic will have PLENTY of cap space

Two different situations. Melo wanted the Knicks, and only the Knicks, Nets wanted him as well. That didn't work. Dwight reportedly wanted the Nets or Mavericks, and later it became clear he wanted the Nets, but then he decided to stay. For all we know, maybe he just wanted Orlando the entire time.

MattS
03-21-2012, 08:47 AM
i wouldnt say the last 12 years or at all.
Knicks had a plan, it has been executed. whether then win a championship remains to be seen, but the plan has certainly taken form.

The nets as a joke is a little over the top, but them panicing with their move to Brooklyn now knowing that they likely will not have a star to open their new arena in the shadows of the Knicks & MSG is fairly comical. They are giving draft picks & a ton up to try to kiss Derons *** so that he wont leave. Its similar to a girl getting pregnant to keep her Boyfriend from breaking up.. its sad.

The best thing for the nets would have been relocation to another state.

Sort of like the Knicks the past 12 years

MattS
03-21-2012, 08:51 AM
Because Wallace is 30 and been traded TWICE in the last year... RED FLAG....

A younger core with Marshon & a draft pick that can play would 100% mean more to a guy you are kissing his rear end in every way to not get him to break up with you..... especially considering Wallace can opt out after the season.... which i know would be him leaving a lot of moneyonthe table.. but maybe he justdont like NY and playing for the Nets.... too big a gamble... Nets aint making the playoffs this year.. should have kept the pick...

also, the nets know Orlando likes Wallace which has signals that they are going to try to engage Orlando after the season... which I think we all know is not going to trade him being theyjusthad him opt in and have shown theyare willing to wait it all out.

why would an unproven draft pick mean more to deron than a proven wallace

:facepalm:

jmoney85
03-21-2012, 12:27 PM
he was only traded twice because portland was blowing the team up and wallace had the best value.... if you think he was traded because of his skill level than you are sadly mistaken

and you are trying too hard to prove a point especially even saying wallace is 30 when he is still 29... but then again ive seen you come on here and debate against the nets numerous times so it shouldnt surprise me

jmoney85
03-21-2012, 12:30 PM
and then you say we know orlando wont trade him in the offseason???? how are you so sure about that...

oak2455
03-21-2012, 12:38 PM
just as sure as Net fans were at getting D12.......works both ways ......how ppl forget so fast

Deemerc
03-21-2012, 12:42 PM
just as sure as Net fans were at getting D12.......works both ways ......how ppl forget so fast

I don't think it was jus net fans thinking this considering it came from Dwight howards mouth saying he wanted to play for Brooklyn

Deemerc
03-21-2012, 12:46 PM
i wouldnt say the last 12 years or at all.
Knicks had a plan, it has been executed. whether then win a championship remains to be seen, but the plan has certainly taken form.

The nets as a joke is a little over the top, but them panicing with their move to Brooklyn now knowing that they likely will not have a star to open their new arena in the shadows of the Knicks & MSG is fairly comical. They are giving draft picks & a ton up to try to kiss Derons *** so that he wont leave. Its similar to a girl getting pregnant to keep her Boyfriend from breaking up.. its sad.

The best thing for the nets would have been relocation to another state.

It's real sad, the nets want the best pg in the game. What are they thinking:facepalm:

oak2455
03-21-2012, 12:48 PM
I don't think it was jus net fans thinking this considering it came from Dwight howards mouth saying he wanted to play for Brooklyn

ive never seen that quote, is there really quote saying Howard wants to be a Net anywhere( FROM HIS MOUTH)?? seriously

jmoney85
03-21-2012, 12:51 PM

that actually has nothing to do with what I just said... keep trolling

Deemerc
03-21-2012, 12:56 PM
ive never seen that quote, is there really quote saying Howard wants to be a Net anywhere( FROM HIS MOUTH)?? seriously

Serious? Ur on here all the time, ur saying u ever that quoted anywhere?

oak2455
03-21-2012, 12:57 PM
that actually has nothing to do with what I just said... keep trolling

REALLY?? trolling, lmfao.....D12 is staying and you guys better hope Deron stays.... because Dwill said he likes the Nets, that means BLAH BLAH BLAH......I have never heard him say I'm staying here.....that means he has other ideas:D If you think Wallace is the key to him staying then ok......I don't, not for a second

oak2455
03-21-2012, 01:00 PM
Serious? Ur on here all the time, ur saying u ever that quoted anywhere?

I'm not being a dick, I just think it was his agent .....75% his agent and Howard 25% .....but I think it was more his agent... as many of the agents tend to tell their clients what to do:eyebrow:

D-Block21-Chito
03-21-2012, 01:13 PM
oak why do you post so often about dwight? What do you know that I don't? Your talk is cheap

jmoney85
03-21-2012, 01:24 PM
all oak does is spend his entire day trying to troll net fans

oak2455
03-21-2012, 01:26 PM
oak why do you post so often about dwight? What do you know that I don't? Your talk is cheap

wait who are you???? you seem like you have a ton of teams that you root for, well done fair weather fan:laugh:

oak2455
03-21-2012, 01:27 PM
all oak does is spend his entire day trying to troll net fans

says the guy who frequents in the Knick forum?? tell me what am I doing thats trolling?? my opinion ??? ohhh sorry hurt your feelings:(

jmoney85
03-21-2012, 02:05 PM
I have never been in the knick forum not even once.... I have no idea what you're talking about

LOOTERX9
03-21-2012, 02:25 PM
I don't blame the nets, they are trying to keep deron will, desperate times calls for desperate measures. cause they are screwed going to brooklyn without deron or howard

MattS
03-21-2012, 07:26 PM
this is false... can you please show me 1 article... or one video clip where Dwight Howard said that he wanted to play in Brooklyn...... we will all be waiting..... and waiting and waiting... why??? because it dont exist dude

MattS
03-21-2012, 07:27 PM
when did the Nets say that they wanted Chris Paul????

It's real sad, the nets want the best pg in the game. What are they thinking:facepalm: