PDA

View Full Version : Phx-ny-atl

mdm692
03-19-2012, 11:49 PM
I thought of this trade before the knicks fired D'antoni.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6rfce62

Suns trade: Gortat, frye, 2012 1st rd, 2014 1st rd
Suns receive: J-smoove, shumpert, tony douglas

Knicks trade: Anthony, shumpert, tony douglas
Knicks receive: Joe Johnson, frye, 2012 1st rd pick

Hawks trade: J-Smoove, Joe Johnson
Hawks receive: Anthony, Gortat, 2014 1st rd pick

As i mentioned before i thought of this trade before the knicks started playing good, you know when carmelo wasn't fitting in with lin etc.

Anyways fillers would have to be included as well but the main concept is
melo for joe johnson swap and gortat for j-smoove

Why for the knicks:
It gives the knicks another playmaker to pair with stat and take some pressure of jeremy lin and with channing frye floor spacing would be beautiful for the knicks similar to that of the 04-05 suns. Also if melo does indeed wish to be traded it lets the knicks get an all star in return.

Knicks line up
Lin/Davis
Fields/Jr smith
Joe johnson/bill walker/novak
Stat/frye
Chandler/jeffries

Why for the hawks:
Josh Smith already has stated he doesnt want to be in ATL, horford and his dad are discontent with him playing center all the time and joe johnson is a great fit for them but melo gives them a superstar and pure scorer who can be just what they need to take that step into the ECF. Like I said horford is unhappy with playing C so gortat allows the hawks to have one of the better PF/C combinations in the league. The only problem i see is green and melo playing together i dont know if there will be any problem with them getting in their touches maybe start t-mac for play making reasons.

Hawks line up
Teague/pargo/hinrich
green/tmac
melo/williams
horford/radmanovic
gortat/pachulia

Why for the suns:
Our team is not rebuilding and has intentions to keep nash in the offseason. Josh smith brings the star power that stat took with him when he left phoenix along with great defensive presence to put us among the top teams in the west. Plus come on how sick would a nash+j-smoove pick n roll would be :drool:. Shumpert brings spark off the bench(or could be starting) and TD could give it a try as nash's replacement like many have tried.

Suns line up
Nash/td/telfair/price
dudley/shumpert/brown
hill/redd
J-smoove/warrick
Lopez/markieff morris

obviously the suns would have to amnesty childress and also take into consideration the line ups do include the expiring contracts. The trade would have to take place during draft night and see how the offseason goes but thats the basics of it hope you guys like it.

sunsfan88
03-20-2012, 02:24 AM
Phoenix says **** no!!!

Awful for the Suns. We give up Gortat and our 2012 FIRST ROUND PICK for Josh Smith?????!!! I wouldn't even trade Gortat straight up for him!

Suns haven't had a good center in a while man we're not trading him away just like that.

Papa Moose
03-20-2012, 11:27 AM
Phoenix says **** no!!!

Awful for the Suns. We give up Gortat and our 2012 FIRST ROUND PICK for Josh Smith?????!!! I wouldn't even trade Gortat straight up for him!

Suns haven't had a good center in a while man we're not trading him away just like that.

exactly melo is an awful defender and shumpert should be a pretty good point guard in the future but that is an awful trade

JO3
03-20-2012, 12:01 PM
My question is why would the Knicks trade Carmelo for Johnson. They are the same kind of player except Melo is better....

mdm692
03-20-2012, 01:22 PM
Our firs is not going to be a lottery pick, melo is a better scorer but jj is a better playmaker and in order to receive an allstar player and a future "DPOY" candidate we need to give up something. Phoenix is not blowing it up so if the suns want to keep nash and compete they need to add some firepower and nobody fits better thsn josh smith.

mdm692
03-20-2012, 01:29 PM
In addition smith already requested a trade and atl wont do anything until they get a legit C.

mike woodson(NY new coach) is familiar with johnson, as is stoudemire, so this improves chemistry. In case you guys missed the 2010 playoffs frye looked like a stud playing with stat getting open look after open look and hitting them too.

Yes gortat and picks seem like a lot but like mentioned you need to invest. Plus as much as i like gortat lopez can play well with a star pf so i take josh smith who can come in and give you 30pts 10rbs 5 asst 2blks and a stl.

Papa Moose
04-05-2012, 11:23 AM
My question is why would the Knicks trade Carmelo for Johnson. They are the same kind of player except Melo is better....

your are absolutely stupid joe johnson is a shooting guard who has an all around game including defense carmelo is the reason why the nuggets couldnt take the next step and will be the reason the knicks wont ever make the finals he doesnt play defense all he can do is score if you think he is better than joe johnson you are a absolute moron