PDA

View Full Version : Bulls and Heat fans get in here I have a Question for you...

EnWhyKay
03-19-2012, 08:17 PM
As it stands you guys are one and two in the east and the Celtics and Knicks are 7 and 8 respectively.. If you could choose your first round opponent between the two who would you chose and why?..

If I'm either team I would rather see Philly, Indiana, or Atlanta... Drawing the Celtics or Knicks In the first round is a dangerous proposition... In my humble opinion..

Thoughts?..

Gram
03-19-2012, 08:18 PM
As it stands you guys are one and two in the east and the Celtics and Bulls are 7 and 8 respectively.. If you could choose your first round opponent between the two who would you chose and why?..

If I'm either team I would rather see Philly, Indiana, or Atlanta... Drawing the Celtics or Knicks I'm the first round is a dangerous proposition... In my humble opinion..

Thoughts?..

How are the Bulls the first seed and the eighth seed? :facepalm:

Raps18-19 Champ
03-19-2012, 08:21 PM
Bulls gonna face the Bulls.

Who's gonna come out on top?

EnWhyKay
03-19-2012, 08:21 PM
As it stands you guys are one and two in the east and the Celtics and Bulls are 7 and 8 respectively.. If you could choose your first round opponent between the two who would you chose and why?..

If I'm either team I would rather see Philly, Indiana, or Atlanta... Drawing the Celtics or Knicks I'm the first round is a dangerous proposition... In my humble opinion..

Thoughts?..

How are the Bulls the first seed and the eighth seed? :facepalm:[/QUOTE]

My bad its corrected.. Bear with me good sir...

Gram
03-19-2012, 08:23 PM
How are the Bulls the first seed and the eighth seed? :facepalm:

My bad its corrected.. Bear with me good sir...[/QUOTE]

Lol I knew what you meant man. I was just being annoying lol.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Heat would be better off facing the Knicks IMO.

But I also think the Bulls are better off facing the Knicks.

EnWhyKay
03-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Lol I knew what you meant man. I was just being annoying lol.

Lol.. All good..

Thoughts though? What do you think?..

EnWhyKay
Heat would be better off facing the Knicks IMO.

But I also think the Bulls are better off facing the Knicks.

Why?..

northsider
I am comfortable watching that Bulls squad play any team in a 7 game series.

4 POINT PLAY LJ
03-19-2012, 08:26 PM
I think the only team that can stop the Heat is the Heat, they can beat anybody, tooooo energetic. lol

bucketss
03-19-2012, 08:26 PM
knicks, celtics are just to dangerous come playoff time

ChitownSports16
03-19-2012, 08:27 PM
None of the 2 worry me but if I had to pick I pick the Knicks... C's seem to play better ball in the playoffs but who knows this year...

EnWhyKay
03-19-2012, 08:29 PM
I thought about it... And if the playoff picture stays the same there's a chance that both the one and two seeds could go home in the first round.. Usually there's no chance of that happening but this year it isn't an impossibility..

beasted86
03-19-2012, 08:30 PM
I would want to see the Celtics less.

They are a veteran team that plays defense in the playoffs. Ray Allen and Paul Pierce could get hot from 3, and KG always wrecks the HEAT front line. Then of course you have Rondo who will do whatever he wants to Miami.

The Celtics have a 2nd gear in the playoffs, I'm not sure what we'll see from the Knicks.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-19-2012, 08:33 PM
Why?..

The Heat and Bulls defense will destroy the Knicks and they'll score since the Knicks won't be able to play good defense against them IMO.

Boston plays defense and has experience so they'd be a bit more difficult to battle.

northsider
03-19-2012, 08:33 PM
Yeah as old as they are a playoff Celtics team is never a team you want to have to face in your first rd. They could really beat a team up.

theheatles
03-19-2012, 08:43 PM
gimme the knicks 10 out of 10 times

EnWhyKay
03-19-2012, 08:45 PM
gimme the knicks 10 out of 10 times

Why?...

Gram
03-19-2012, 08:45 PM
Lol.. All good..

Thoughts though? What do you think?..

I feel like the Knicks if they get their **** together that they can be dangerous. But there's a reason that they along with the Celtics are fighting for playoff spots. Chitown and Miami should whiz through the first round like nothing else, barring some kinda crazy **** though lol.

theheatles
03-19-2012, 08:49 PM
Why?...

playoff pedigree, knicks have none

blahblahyoutoo
03-19-2012, 08:49 PM
i'd take the knicks.
we salivate when we see lin bringing the ball up court.

how many TO's last go around? i think we're gonna try to double that.

EnWhyKay
03-19-2012, 08:51 PM
As a Knick fan I can't be mad at the lack of respect shown to my team.. We deserve none..

I will say this.. Be careful what you wish for.. In the event that there are upsets.. This thread will be used against you lol..

DaBear
Knicks. I don't see either team as a threat to the Bulls or Heat, but with Boston having the experience, they would be a tougher foe.

xk4
Celtics could still potentially move up to 4 if Philly slides much more. Just sayin

Fnom11
03-19-2012, 08:58 PM
It's kind of funny how people are more scared of the 7th and 8th seed over the 3rd-6th. Not saying you shouldn't be, both of those teams can be dangerous.

effen5
03-19-2012, 09:01 PM
Knicks they suck. I'm more afraid of Indiana and Philly because they play the full 48 minutes hard.

lavilevi23
03-19-2012, 09:03 PM
Knicks

HiphopRelated
03-19-2012, 09:12 PM
I would want to see the Celtics less.

They are a veteran team that plays defense in the playoffs. Ray Allen and Paul Pierce could get hot from 3, and KG always wrecks the HEAT front line. Then of course you have Rondo who will do whatever he wants to Miami.

The Celtics have a 2nd gear in the playoffs, I'm not sure what we'll see from the Knicks.
KG doesn't do anything consistent vs us, had one good game in the playoffs

and is just ok at best overall

Knicks have far more "explosion" potential but I'm not worried about either

Hustla23
03-19-2012, 09:17 PM
I'd rather face the Bulls or Heat than the Pacers or Philly.

Gimme the easy teams in the first round.

lavilevi23
03-19-2012, 09:18 PM

You got it ;)

Redskins10
03-19-2012, 09:24 PM
What's a harder road to the ECF:

Facing Boston then ORL/ATL

or

Facing NYK then PHI/IND

Kyben36
03-19-2012, 09:34 PM
As it stands you guys are one and two in the east and the Celtics and Knicks are 7 and 8 respectively.. If you could choose your first round opponent between the two who would you chose and why?..

If I'm either team I would rather see Philly, Indiana, or Atlanta... Drawing the Celtics or Knicks In the first round is a dangerous proposition... In my humble opinion..

Thoughts?..

Boston IMO, they are headed down where as the Knicks could hit a hot streek. I dont think the Celtics could beat either team, but the Knicks could go on a shooting streek and hit a ton of threes which could actualy win out.

kjoke
03-19-2012, 09:35 PM
Celtics. I think the NY has the chance to get hot, I dont see that with a dieing celtics team

Green_Monster
03-19-2012, 09:41 PM
Boston IMO, they are headed down where as the Knicks could hit a hot streek. I dont think the Celtics could beat either team, but the Knicks could go on a shooting streek and hit a ton of threes which could actualy win out.

So could the Celtics or any other team...

naps
03-19-2012, 09:45 PM
Knicks because they are not a cohesive team, they lack chemistry, and most importantly their defense shouldn't worry the Heat or the Bulls. I am not worried about either but Boston could be a pretty dangerous team in the playoffs with all the vets and intensity they have. Boston is just a tougher team to go through. I don't feel the same with Knicks.

beasted86
03-19-2012, 09:45 PM
KG doesn't do anything consistent vs us, had one good game in the playoffs

and is just ok at best overall

Knicks have far more "explosion" potential but I'm not worried about either

Maybe I'm recalling before the big 3 years.

I remember a couple games where this guy just couldn't miss from 15-18ft, went like 12/13 against Miami. Also just owning the team in the post as well with the turnaround jumper all day.

lakersfan01
03-19-2012, 09:48 PM
I'm not a Bulls or Heat fan, but I would prefer to play the Knicks. Celtics have all that playoff experience, plus they have Rondo!

lakersfan01
03-19-2012, 09:50 PM

I think guys like Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, and Pietrus could catch fire too.

meloman1592
03-19-2012, 09:51 PM
A better question would be:
"Would Miami/Chicago rather play the Knicks or Philly/Indi?"

NoahH
03-19-2012, 09:57 PM
I'd take the Celtics since we ******* kicked them last year

Underdogz∞
03-19-2012, 09:58 PM
Celts 26th in Offense - 3rd Points allowed

Knicks 8th in Offense - 16th Points allowed

Heat 3rd in Offense - 10th Points allowed

Looking at the numbers and all else considered (mostly matchups) I'd think the Celts would be the easier to beat. Knicks have some size which Miami doesnt have much of.

And besides the Celts don't want to run with Lebron and Wade.

Canterbury
03-19-2012, 10:02 PM
As a Knick fan I can't be mad at the lack of respect shown to my team.. We deserve none..

I will say this.. Be careful what you wish for.. In the event that there are upsets.. This thread will be used against you lol..No one went out of their way to wish for anything. You presented this question and forum members answered just as they would for any thread.

It seems like you already knew the consensus of how the forum viewed your team and only wanted to use the basis of this thread as an excuse to say "watch out!" and "I told you so!"

KnicksR4Real
03-19-2012, 10:05 PM
I think the Celtics and Knicks are equally dangerous. On one hand, the Celtics have the camaraderie and experience. They have provenly won in the playoffs. They play excellent defense and half court offense. On the other hand the Knicks are a team that can score effortlessly. They play solid, not great defense. They have a tremendous depth which is a valuable asset in the playoffs. MSG is also a violent arena come playoff time. Hear me out, but don't you think they are about equal?

ichitownclowni
03-19-2012, 10:06 PM
Knicks.

justinnum1
03-19-2012, 10:07 PM

Same(miami), boston can give miami fits, ny is a big unknown really. we would beat philly and indy in 5. probably boston in 5 maybe 6 but probably 5. and Ny in 5 or 6. imo

EnWhyKay
03-19-2012, 10:08 PM
No one went out of their way to wish for anything. You presented this question and forum members answered just as they would for any thread.

It seems like you already knew the consensus of how the forum viewed your team and only wanted to use the basis of this thread as an excuse to say "watch out!" and "I told you so!"

Actually I just wanted to see what you guys thought.. As I said in the first post I wouldnt want to see any of those teams. Each team is dangerous for their own reason. But to dismiss either team like they are not a threat would be a mistake in my opinion.. I'm sure Thibbs and Spo wouldn't take either the Knicks or Celtics lightly.. At least for the fans sake they don't...

meloman1592
03-19-2012, 10:19 PM
If I'm a Heat fan, I'd rather play Boston. If I'm a Chicago fan, I'd rather play NY. The Heat have the tendency to go one on one from time to time and if it turns into that, NY could go toe to toe with them whereas Chicago is D Rose and a support system that is efficient because of rapid ball movement and cutting which would destroy the Knicks. Melo, Amare, JR and Baron could INDIVIDUALLY try to prove something against Miami and with Bosh, Wade and James with egos of their own, they would try to INDIVIDUALLY counter thus leading to a great series. Chicago is too patient for NY to handle.

On the flip side, Miami is simply too fast and athletic for Boston. Wade and James have personal vendettas for that team and they just wouldn't allow themselves to lose. I think Boston would pose a threat to Chicago because they play similar methodical, physical basketball which involves a ton of screens and cutting. Rondo is pretty good defensively and is the only pg that wouldn't get obliterated by Rose thus semi-stalling their offense. Both teams have similar defensive schemes and it would ultimately boil down to pg play.

I would still give the edge to MIA and CHI in any series...i just think NY has a better chance against MIA and BOS has a better chance vs CHI.

BULLSFAN0810
03-19-2012, 10:20 PM

Thoughts?..

Id rather play Celtics or Knicks...Celtics are old...we got more bodies...better D...Better PG play...if it was a year or 2 ago id be weary,but this Celt team cant keep up with Rondo when he wants to run. take them in 4

Knicks...Theyre actually scarier,but they have no discipline. the pg play is scetchy at best...take them in 5

the other teams are tooo young let them get beat up a little

D-Block21-Chito
03-19-2012, 10:57 PM
Boston for sure... Knicks are younger and much more athletic which bulls tend to struggle with at times.... No way Boston could upset us they too old and rondo shoots like my sister

HiphopRelated
03-19-2012, 11:01 PM
If I'm a Heat fan, I'd rather play Boston. If I'm a Chicago fan, I'd rather play NY. The Heat have the tendency to go one on one from time to time and if it turns into that, NY could go toe to toe with them whereas Chicago is D Rose and a support system that is efficient because of rapid ball movement and cutting which would destroy the Knicks. Melo, Amare, JR and Baron could INDIVIDUALLY try to prove something against Miami and with Bosh, Wade and James with egos of their own, they would try to INDIVIDUALLY counter thus leading to a great series. Chicago is too patient for NY to handle.

On the flip side, Miami is simply too fast and athletic for Boston. Wade and James have personal vendettas for that team and they just wouldn't allow themselves to lose. I think Boston would pose a threat to Chicago because they play similar methodical, physical basketball which involves a ton of screens and cutting. Rondo is pretty good defensively and is the only pg that wouldn't get obliterated by Rose thus semi-stalling their offense. Both teams have similar defensive schemes and it would ultimately boil down to pg play.

I would still give the edge to MIA and CHI in any series...i just think NY has a better chance against MIA and BOS has a better chance vs CHI.
good breakdown

Sinestro
03-19-2012, 11:06 PM
I prefer the Boston a little older and I think the Bulls match up well with them, the Heat should want the Knicks as well, Heat can take out the Knicks in 4 IMO

SchyGuy11
03-19-2012, 11:06 PM
I don't think either of them win more than a game against the Heat or Bulls

justinnum1
03-19-2012, 11:08 PM
I don't think either of them win more than a game against the Heat or Bulls

most likely

MJ-BULLS
03-19-2012, 11:08 PM
i really dont care who the hell we face.

Ethix11
03-19-2012, 11:16 PM
Bring on whoever. Celtics are not the same team that won the Championship and the Knicks can't beat the Bulls or Heat in a 7 game series since they lack experience.

TheIlladelph16
03-19-2012, 11:27 PM
For the Heat the ideal opponent with would be Philly, but realistically I'd say the Knicks. Bulls I would probably take the Knicks as well. Their defense is terrible plus Wade&Co/Rose will eat Lin up in the playoffs.

Both the Celtics and Knicks have to much talent to be completely dismissed like some people are saying though.

BullySixChicago
03-19-2012, 11:29 PM

Thoughts?..

I dont think the Bulls or Heat are worried about either the Celtics or Knicks.

The celticsa are old and having no bench that could beat a jr college team they dont stand a chance against either.

The Knicks on the other hand cant guard their own mama's letalone another NBA player. You have Melo and A'Mare who might as well be Bull fighters the way they flag at players while on defense.

both the Knicks and Celtics would be lucky to win 2 games against the Bulls and Heat

Wade n Fade
03-19-2012, 11:35 PM
Hey topic creator, do you consider a fossilized dinosaur a threat? Do you consider a 5 year old a threat? I don't, so that's just easy pickings for my team.

Cool007
03-19-2012, 11:51 PM
Why isn't Bucks an option?

As a Bulls fan, I prefer Milwaukee bucks than either of the Knicks/Celtics.

Why? Coz for Bulls, it will be home away from home when they play on the road.

As for this question by OP, I rather face Celtics (if it's between Knicks/Celtics), mainly coz I want redemption. tables have turned when Bulls were the bottom playoff seeder while Celtics were top seed.

How Rondo played great vs Vinny the rookie coach and Rose as a Rookie. I want to see how things are now 4 years later. Would be a great matchup.

I don't think Rose likes ROndo. Noah doesn't like KG, Deng vs Pierce is a great matchup, and Rip (if he plays) vs Ray Allen.

Let's see how many OTs this time around.

DChibes
03-20-2012, 02:17 AM
As a Bulls fan i'll take Boston in this one, we can beat them no problem. Noah hate KG and you know he will have his guns out for that mach up.

Teams I dont want to face: 76'ers. They own us for some reason. I would hate to play them in the first round. I'd so much rather play Boston, they do not have the depth or speed to keep up with the Bulls. The 76ers always play us tough.

kozelkid
03-20-2012, 02:21 AM
I'd rather face Boston. In the case of Boston, it's a matter of raping them on the boards. They really don't bring anything at this point the Bulls wouldn't be prepared for.

With NY, as inconsistent as they are, the talent is there and if they could focus and play tough, they could be a VERY tough out imo.

cutiepie80
03-20-2012, 02:27 AM
Probably the knicks, not scared of the celtics either.

kurivaimu
03-20-2012, 07:35 AM
Bulls gonna face the Bulls.

Who's gonna come out on top?

Bobcats

Captain Moroni
03-20-2012, 08:04 AM
Bobcats

Bulls v Bulls and Bobcats win MJs evil plan

FlakeyFool
03-20-2012, 08:29 AM
who would win 1v1

rose or rose

ChitownSports16
03-20-2012, 08:30 AM
That's easy... Rose would win...

BULLSFAN0810
03-20-2012, 08:32 AM

meaning NY is easy? bc we own you...b4 and after Rose came here.

DragonJaii
03-20-2012, 08:42 AM
knicks, they might not even make the playoffs tho.

gaughan333
03-20-2012, 09:31 AM

I will say this.. Be careful what you wish for.. In the event that there are upsets.. This thread will be used against you lol..

what if they lose? Then you'll just say that's what was supposed to happen?

I'd take the knicks. They play no defense and are rather inconsistent. The celtics may be real tired after this shortened season though...

I'd be fine playing either team. I'd love to see the knicks get swept out in the first round though

celtNYpatsHeels
03-20-2012, 09:48 AM
I think I'd rather face the Celtics. They are much older, have no size, and cant rebound

Muttman73
03-20-2012, 09:58 AM
I think the Bulls can handle the Knicks ok...

uprightciti
03-20-2012, 10:17 AM
when are you people gonna realize the knicks are winning it all this year

}:-)

:smoking::9/11::9/11::9/11::9/11::9/11::9/11::9/11::9/11::9/11::9/11::9/11::9/11::9/11::9/11::9/11::9/11::9/11::9/11::9/11::9/11::9/11::9/11::9/11::9/11::9/11::9/11::9/11::9/11::9/11::9/11::9/11::9/11::9/11::9/11::9/11:

quade36
03-20-2012, 03:04 PM
I'd rather face the Knicks. Can sell my playoff tickets for more money.

Canterbury
03-20-2012, 03:06 PM
who would win 1v1

rose or roseNeither because Rose isn't a true point guard.

Brad IBCB
03-20-2012, 03:08 PM

This

kobebabe
03-20-2012, 03:18 PM
Iam a laker fan but also a huge Bulls fan. Why in the world would any team fear the knicks? They have played horribly all season. There are grounds to fear the C's because of their experience and ability to turn in on in the playoffs but the Melo led knicks have proven nothing yet. Melo has not won much in the playoffs dating back in his Denver years.
So if I were the Bulls or Miami i would be worried of playing ...say a team like the Bucks than knicks.

dee279
03-20-2012, 03:23 PM
I would much rather as a heat fan, play the celtics because they arent any better then last year and we wooped dem 4-1 last year. Knicks are looking a little better then them and they are way more capable on offense IMO. Celtics are still a really good playoff team of course but id be ok with playing them. I fear neither so idm to me.

Hustlenomics
03-20-2012, 03:46 PM
you guys are lying to yourselves if you think a healthy Celtics team would be easy to beat in the playoffs

xxcubs22xx
03-20-2012, 03:58 PM
i am comfortable watching that bulls squad play any team in a 7 game series.

+1

Ill21
03-20-2012, 03:58 PM
Iam a laker fan but also a huge Bulls fan. Why in the world would any team fear the Nicks? They have played horribly all season. There are grounds to fear the C's because of their experience and ability to turn in on in the playoffs but the Melo led Nicks have proven nothing yet. Melo has not won much in the playoffs dating back in his Denver years.
So if I were the Bulls or Miami i would be worried of playing ...say a team like the Bucks than Nicks.

It's Knicks...

utl768
03-20-2012, 04:05 PM
give me the pacers

haggis
03-20-2012, 04:07 PM
you guys are lying to yourselves if you think a healthy Celtics team would be easy to beat in the playoffs

Good thing there's no chance of that happening this year :up:

Crackadalic
03-20-2012, 04:14 PM
what if they lose? Then you'll just say that's what was supposed to happen?

I'd take the knicks. They play no defense and are rather inconsistent. The celtics may be real tired after this shortened season though...

I'd be fine playing either team. I'd love to see the knicks get swept out in the first round though

We were above average most of the season. Outside of 2 games when Chandler didnt play I thought the defense we played this year was way better then the last 3 seasons.

Woodsons defensive adjustments just made it better from what I've seen.

Hustlenomics
03-20-2012, 04:17 PM

what?

spiritBstars1
03-20-2012, 04:18 PM
As a Bulls fan stuck here in wisconsin, I would love to see the Bulls/Bucks matchup. Finally I would be able to afford a ticket to a playoff game as Milwaukee would be MUCH cheaper tix to get.

LongIslandIcedZ
03-20-2012, 04:20 PM
As a Knick fan I would much rather see Chicago than Miami.

pacofunk64
03-20-2012, 04:31 PM
Bulls fan...out of those two teams I'd have to say the Celtics. The Knicks have a very talented core of players that IF they could ever get it together they could be very dangerous. The Celtics I just don't think they have anything left in the tank. Our bench would be what separates us.

KnicksR4Real
03-20-2012, 04:38 PM
Knicks

haggis
03-20-2012, 04:39 PM
what?

At what point in this 2012 season will the Celtics be fully healthy?

They've lost 3 guys to season ending injuries, therefore that literally cannot happen.

justinnum1
03-20-2012, 04:44 PM
celtics are still going to be tougher than the knicks. imo

MJ-BULLS
03-20-2012, 04:54 PM
I think the celtics would be a tougher match up then the knicks.

CHANGO
03-20-2012, 04:55 PM

*Off Topic*

LMAO @ your sig... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh2:

:clap:

kobebabe
03-20-2012, 04:57 PM
It's Knicks...

this is neither spelling bee nor an English class;)

SteBO
03-20-2012, 05:02 PM
Say what u want about Boston, but the playoffs are all about talent and matchups. As far as matchups go, they are capable of taking the bulls or heat to 6 at most.

But I think the bigger picture deals with the next round. As it stands, Miami is #2. The matchup with the Magic in the second round doesn't look too settling if u ask me.....assuming the magic stay in 3rd place.

justinnum1
03-20-2012, 05:08 PM
Say what u want about Boston, but the playoffs are all about talent and matchups. As far as matchups go, they are capable of taking the bulls or heat to 6 at most.

But I think the bigger picture deals with the next round. As it stands, Miami is #2. The matchup with the Magic in the second round doesn't look too settling if u ask me.....assuming the magic stay in 3rd place.

If the hawks can sweep the magic, i dont really see them being such a big problem unless spo is a complete idiot and doubles howard.

EnWhyKay
04-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Heat and Bulls fans... Do you still want the Knicks in the first round?..

beasted86
04-23-2012, 09:10 PM
Last I checked the Celtics beat up on the HEAT twice while being banged up and are the 2nd defensive team in the NBA.

Yes, I'd rather the Knicks than Celtics still.

EnWhyKay
04-23-2012, 09:13 PM
Last I checked the Celtics beat up on the HEAT twice while being banged up and are the 2nd defensive team in the NBA.

Yes, I'd rather the Knicks than Celtics still.

Do you envision a cake walk of a series?.. Or one that goes the distance?.. As a Knick Fan.. I think this may be the Heats toughest test....

MJ-BULLS
04-23-2012, 09:15 PM
Heat and Bulls fans... Do you still want the Knicks in the first round?..

personally i dont really care, honestly, the only thing ill hate is all the media hoopla they will make.

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 09:20 PM
personally i dont really care, honestly, the only thing ill hate is all the media hoopla they will make.

whoever has to face them will have to deal with knciks fans for 5 games. Only part im not looking forward to. And if they win a game lol, look out!

Do you envision a cake walk of a series?.. Or one that goes the distance?.. As a Knick Fan.. I think this may be the Heats toughest test....
Honestly, and not trying to be an *** hole, it wont go more than 6. I think the knicks will steal a game, maybe 2. But NY will have miami's full attention. bron and wade will welcome the spotlight from that series.

MJ-BULLS
04-23-2012, 09:22 PM
whoever has to face them will have to deal with knciks fans for 5 games. Only part im not looking forward to. And if they win a game lol, look out!

yeah if they win a game espn is going to flip. haha.

I dont watch espn, unless its a game, but even then, they would talk about it religiously.

Sinestro
04-23-2012, 09:22 PM

:laugh: I don't want the Heat to win, but I also hate the Knicks... I just hope they both wear each other down

EnWhyKay
04-23-2012, 09:23 PM

Ive noticed you dont really respect the Knicks much.. Which is understandable.. We havent exactly played well for the entire season... But I wouldnt underestimate a team that has.. Carmelo Anthony, Tyson Chandler, and Amar'e Stoudemire on it.. But thats me.. I dont know anything...:lift:

EnWhyKay
04-23-2012, 09:26 PM

Honestly, and not trying to be an *** hole, it wont go more than 6. I think the knicks will steal a game, maybe 2. But NY will have miami's full attention. bron and wade will welcome the spotlight from that series.

I disagree.. I have the Knicks in 7... But I guess thats why we play the games.. I qualify my statement with no more injuries.. If Melo or Stat goes down.. Then we have no chance...

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 09:26 PM
Ive noticed you dont really respect the Knicks much.. Which is understandable.. We havent exactly played well for the entire season... But I would underestimate a team that has.. Carmelo Anthony, Tyson Chandler, and Amar'e Stoudemire on it.. But thats me.. I dont know anything...:lift:

I just dont think they are good enough to beat miami 4 times in 7, but hey, i dont think anyone in the east is either.

Melo at the 4 was a nice advatnage for NY.

Melo+amare+tyson on the floor at the same time...i dont think that fits very well. We will find out shortly. First game is sunday 2:30(my guess)

Sinestro
04-23-2012, 09:27 PM
Ive noticed you dont really respect the Knicks much.. Which is understandable.. We havent exactly played well for the entire season... But I wouldnt underestimate a team that has.. Carmelo Anthony, Tyson Chandler, and Amar'e Stoudemire on it.. But thats me.. I dont know anything...:lift:

Stat and Melo need to show they play well together so far they haven't shown that Tyson is a damn good player, they don't rebound too well and iso ball can only take you so far

Cool007
04-23-2012, 09:30 PM
For Bulls, I just hope everyone's healthy - especially Rose. If so, then Bulls can beat any team in the NBA.

EnWhyKay
04-23-2012, 09:32 PM
Stat and Melo need to show they play well together so far they haven't shown that Tyson is a damn good player, they don't rebound too well and iso ball can only take you so far

I think you have been sucked in by the Media.. Last year.. After the trade during a stretch when they won about 7 games in a row.. They both played well together.. Also this year after the coaching change.. They played well together with lin going 6-1..

I think the lack of a steady hand at PG hurt them earlier this season.. Especially running D'Antoni's offense.. After the coaching change.. Injuries have hurt us.. But these guys know the game.. And both have gone deep into the playoffs.. Melo one time.. Getting beat by the eventual champion lakers. And stat getting beat by the eventual champion Spurs.. Both in the conference finals.. They know what it takes to get it done..

Eagles710
04-23-2012, 09:33 PM
For Bulls, I just hope everyone's healthy - especially Rose. If so, then Bulls can beat any team in the NBA.

Lmao... There is a team called the Heat that would disagree with you... Not that the bulls have a chance to beat the heat but lets say they did? ..... The Still could not beat the thunder.... The bulls are a Reg season Team.... I've seen this all before... the 2001 76er Finals team... Actually i think that team was better then the bulls

Big Zo
04-23-2012, 09:34 PM
I disagree.. I have the Knicks in 7... But I guess thats why we play the games.. I qualify my statement with no more injuries.. If Melo or Stat goes down.. Then we have no chance...

Did the Knicks replace their team with solid defenders without anyone knowing?

VillaMaravilla
04-23-2012, 09:38 PM

LOL really your talking about the same guys that passed on NY and Chicago because they couldnt deal with the pressure that comes with going there, yeah my dude im sure LBJ will love it lol

EnWhyKay
04-23-2012, 09:39 PM

Have you been paying attention the past month?.. The Knicks are an excellent defensive team... They are ranked 5th in defensive efficiency according to John Hollinger.. And Tyson Chandler is a front runner for defensive player of the year...

VillaMaravilla
04-23-2012, 09:39 PM

oh come on my dude you can talk all the shh you want but to think a series against us is a gimme your on something :facepalm:

VillaMaravilla
04-23-2012, 09:41 PM
Have you been paying attention the past month?.. The Knicks are an excellent defensive team... They are ranked 5th in defensive efficiency according to John Hollinger.. And Tyson Chandler is a front runner for defensive player of the year...

let them talk bro at the end even if they dont admit it they dont want to face us, we will see them soon enough its going to be 99 all over again lol

Big Zo
04-23-2012, 09:44 PM
oh come on my dude you can talk all the shh you want but to think a series against us is a gimme your on something :facepalm:

Nothing is a gimmie, but unless the Heat suffer huge injuries, they SHOULD win in 5 or 6 at most.

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 09:44 PM
LOL really your talking about the same guys that passed on NY and Chicago because they couldnt deal with the pressure that comes with going there, yeah my dude im sure LBJ will love it lol

Thats why we got wade;) i think he avg like 30 vs the knicks.

Nothing is a gimmie, but unless the Heat suffer huge injuries, they SHOULD win in 5 or 6 at most.
This.

EnWhyKay
04-23-2012, 09:46 PM
let them talk bro at the end even if they dont admit it they dont want to face us, we will see them soon enough its going to be 99 all over again lol

Its crazy.. smh.. :facepalm:

All the while conveniently ignores my post about defense.. smh... You will learn...

jimbobjarree
04-23-2012, 09:48 PM
dont mind who wins, just hope its a sweep or something so we get to laugh at somebody

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 09:52 PM
anyone know the splits on NY's defense with amare in and without?

MJ-BULLS
04-23-2012, 09:53 PM
Lmao... There is a team called the Heat that would disagree with you... Not that the bulls have a chance to beat the heat but lets say they did? ..... The Still could not beat the thunder.... The bulls are a Reg season Team.... I've seen this all before... the 2001 76er Finals team... Actually i think that team was better then the bulls

meh the sixers team was different to the bulls.

Season Lg Team W-L% SRS ORtg DRtg Playoffs
2011-12 NBA Chicago Bulls* .750 7.12 107.3 98.5

Season Lg Team W-L% SRS ORtg DRtg Playoffs

2000-01 NBA Philadelphia 76ers* .683 3.63 103.6 98.9

Big Zo
04-23-2012, 09:53 PM
Its crazy.. smh.. :facepalm:

All the while conveniently ignores my post about defense.. smh... You will learn...

Sorry, didn't see your post. But really? A whole month? Yeah, that makes up for sucking at it this whole season, and in years past. They got Tyson Chandler, and that's about it.

EnWhyKay
04-23-2012, 09:55 PM
Sorry, didn't see your post. But really? A whole month? Yeah, that makes up for sucking at it this whole season, and in years past. They got Tyson Chandler, and that's about it.

The Knicks have been improved defensively the Whole year... You are a heat fan and i dont expect you to know all things Knicks.. BUT.. Dont talk like you know..

Iman Shumpert is the best on ball defender in the NBA... The Knicks play very good defense.. Ask D. Rose and your man D-Wade.. They will tell you...

DaBear
04-23-2012, 09:57 PM
I'll still take NY, but it looks like they'll be better than an 8th seed. Oh well, if they can get past the Pacers or Heat we'll knock them out in the 2nd round.

BcEuAbRsS
04-23-2012, 09:59 PM
Knicks are gonna make some noise... Give me Boston rather than the Knicks...

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-23-2012, 10:00 PM
The Knicks have been improved defensively the Whole year... You are a heat fan and i dont expect you to know all things Knicks.. BUT.. Dont talk like you know..

Iman Shumpert is the best on ball defender in the NBA... The Knicks play very good defense.. Ask D. Rose and your man D-Wade.. They will tell you...

They're are so many more better on ball defenders than Shumpert.

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 10:01 PM
I'll still take NY, but it looks like they'll be better than an 8th seed. Oh well, if they can get past the Pacers or Heat we'll knock them out in the 2nd round.

Do you know how seeding works?

DaBear
04-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Knicks are gonna make some noise... Give me Boston rather than the Knicks...

Not against the Bulls or Heat.

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 10:02 PM

When i was talking about delusional, this is what i meant.

Wade had 28pts on 10-18 shooting, he took a dump on shump.

DaBear
04-23-2012, 10:03 PM
Do you know how seeding works?

Yes I do.

Big Zo

BWAHAHAHA! My man D-Wade will tell me that the Heat took a dump on the Knicks in all 3 games, and he scored over 20 in all those games.

justinnum1
Yes I do.

they you know that you wouldn't see them till the ECF, not the 2nd round...

DaBear
04-23-2012, 10:05 PM
they you know that you wouldn't see them till the ECF, not the 2nd round...

Oops.

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 10:09 PM
Oops.

You guys have a date with the celtics in the 2nd round.

bucketss
04-23-2012, 10:11 PM

well if they knock out the heat that would mean they were a 7 seed and they would face the pacers in the 2nd round not the bulls no?

bucketss
04-23-2012, 10:12 PM
nevermind justin explained it

Cool007
04-23-2012, 10:13 PM
You guys have a date with the celtics in the 2nd round.

The thing about the Knicks is that Bulls can STILL face them in the 1st round - Philly just won tonight and if they win out (not hard to do since they are facing couple of lotto teams) and Knicks lose to Clippers then Knicks slide down to 8th seed. Meaning Bulls face the Knicks in the 1st round.

Although I see Knicks winning their final 2 games as well.

blastmasta26
04-23-2012, 10:14 PM

Shump's not THE best on ball defender, but he's elite or close to it. Wade's a top 3 or so player in the league, he's supposed to be unguardable. All I'm saying is, don't discredit Shump or the Knicks defense despite the overrating that may occur from some Knick fans.

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 10:17 PM
The thing about the Knicks is that Bulls can STILL face them in the 1st round - Philly just won tonight and if they win out (not hard to do since they are facing couple of lotto teams) and Knicks lose to Clippers then Knicks slide down to 8th seed. Meaning Bulls face the Knicks in the 1st round.

Although I see Knicks winning their final 2 games as well.

Right, but there is no way they can face each other in round 2.

Odds of knicks at 7-80% 8-20%

imo

EnWhyKay
04-23-2012, 10:22 PM

How is Iman Shunpert being the best on ball defender or one of the best being delusional?.. How?.. I am very fair in my assessment and Iman is in the conversation when you are speaking about the best on ball defenders in the league that isn't delusional by any stretch..

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 10:23 PM
How is Iman Shunpert being the best on ball defender or one of the best being delusional?.. How?.. I am very fair in my assessment and Iman is in the conversation when you are speaking about the best on ball defenders in the league that isn't delusional by any stretch..

You didnt say in the discussion. YOu said the best. And yes, thats delusional.
He is solid, but not the best.

EnWhyKay
04-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Okay so who clear cut undeniably better than Shump on the ball?.. It's not a stretch to say he is the best.. There is nobody head and shoulders better than he is..

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 10:27 PM
Okay so who clear cut undeniably better than Shump on the ball?.. It's not a stretch to say he is the best.. There is nobody head and shoulders better than he is..

the guys i would take over shump

allen
iggy
lebron
battier
deng
brewer
i could go on but i think you get the point. To say he's the best is delusional

*wait for you to call me a hater*

EnWhyKay
04-23-2012, 10:31 PM
Smh... Did u see what Carmelo was doing to Lebron Everytime he tried to guard up?.. Melo went right passed him.. What about Deng??.. Wade had 28.. Melo went for 42 against Lebron and Battier.. You say Wade had 28 do that diminishes Iman but Melo abused Lebron, Battier, Iggy, and Deng.. Torched them all.. C'mon man.. Call it like it is...

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 10:34 PM
Smh... Did u see what Carmelo was doing to Lebron Everytime he tried to guard up?.. Melo went right passed him.. What about Deng??.. Wade had 28.. Melo went for 42 against Lebron and Battier.. You say Wade had 28 do that diminishes Iman but Melo abused Lebron, Battier, Iggy, and Deng.. Torched them all.. C'mon man.. Call it like it is...

You are talking about elite players torching defenders...what do you expect.

Are you saying shump is a better defender than tony allen and iggy?

EnWhyKay
04-23-2012, 10:41 PM
You are talking about elite players torching defenders...what do you expect.

Are you saying shump is a better defender than tony allen and iggy?
Is that not what u JUST did when I said Shump was the best in referencing Wades 28?...

But when I do it u try to blow it off.. If we are goin to talk basketball lets talk basketball.. All the other shenanigans u can save for somebody with a lower iq...

As far as your question a case can be made for Shump.. And he is only a ROOKIE.. I've seen him blow up possessions in the wainimg Moments of games.. Against D. Rose, Joe Johnson, Calderon.. I have seen him strip your man wade twice back to back.. How can he not be one of the best if not the best.. He deservesore respect. If he wasn't on the Knicks u would respect his D more...

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 10:45 PM
Is that not what u JUST did when I said Shump was the best in referencing Wades 28?...

But when I do it u try to blow it off.. If we are goin to talk basketball lets talk basketball.. All the other shenanigans u can save for somebody with a lower iq...

As far as your question a case can be made for Shump.. And he is only a ROOKIE.. I've seen him blow up possessions in the wainimg Moments of games.. Against D. Rose, Joe Johnson, Calderon.. I have seen him strip your man wade twice back to back.. How can he not be one of the best if not the best.. He deservesore respect. If he wasn't on the Knicks u would respect his D more...

He's not the best, not close. Allen and iggy are better than him, no doubt.

bucketss
04-23-2012, 10:46 PM

thats pretty delusional and homerish imo there isnt one non-knick fan that would agree with you

EnWhyKay
04-23-2012, 10:47 PM
He's not the best, not close. Allen and iggy are better than him, no doubt.
Because you said so?. Correct?.. LoL.. Typical..

EnWhyKay
04-23-2012, 10:50 PM
thats pretty delusional and homerish imo there isnt one non-knick fan that would agree with you

How so?.. I am not the only one that believes this.. Wilbon a guy not known for having much respect for the Knicks agrees.. So does Magic Johnson...

Anyone who has watched this guy has to give props on his defensive prowess..

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 10:51 PM

Start a poll in the nba forum

Call it best on ball defender.

put down as options

shump

tony allen

iggy

deng

make sure you check off so we can see who voted.

i guarantee you shump woudn't win, in fact the only votes he would get are from knicks fans

Its actually quite laughable that you think shump is the best on the ball defender

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 10:54 PM

Because im not a knicks homer

EnWhyKay
04-23-2012, 10:54 PM
If he doesn't win it's because people outside of Knick fans actually dont know the guy and havent watched him...

But I'll play.. How about you start the thread so people won't think it's a Knicks troll thread... Simple question should get simple answers correct?.. Go for it..

EnWhyKay
04-23-2012, 10:55 PM
Because im not a knicks homer

No just a Heat homer...

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 10:58 PM
Made the poll.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-23-2012, 11:00 PM
Start a poll in the nba forum

Call it best on ball defender.

put down as options

shump

tony allen

iggy

deng

make sure you check off so we can see who voted.

i guarantee you shump woudn't win, in fact the only votes he would get are from knicks fans

Its actually quite laughable that you think shump is the best on the ball defender

Hell, Avery Bradley is a better on ball defender than Shumpert in basically every stat.

InRoseWeTrust
04-23-2012, 11:08 PM
No way is Shump the best on-ball defender in the game. That's just absurd. He shows a lot of promise and aggression on that side of the ball and is clearly a good on baodll defender, but let's not get carried away.

Tony Allen and Iggy are two guys that immediately come to mind. Sorry to echo what's already been said, but there's just no way to call Shumpert the best perimeter defender.

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 11:09 PM
yep. bradley is a good name too.

EnWhyKay
04-23-2012, 11:14 PM
Everybody can have an opinion I go with Shump.. The other guys are no slouches but neither is Shump and to blow it off like he is a slouch is a mistake... IMO

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 11:15 PM
shump is damn good for a rookie.

smiddy012
04-23-2012, 11:23 PM
I'd rather see the Celtics as a Bulls fans for a few reasons:

1. We've had a rivalry for a while now.
2. I HATE Rondo & Doc when they're on the court, and not in a good way. The two of them ***** and moan at the refs like they're on their periods. Yes, there are a lot of things to admire about Rondo's play and Doc's off-the-court personality, but the last few Bulls vs. Celtics games I've watched, between their facial expressions, physical gestures, and loud-mouths, I really hate the way they beg and cry for calls. I know I'm offending Celtics fans but sorry, their antics disgust me, and that's putting it mildly. I'd love to see them cry more on their way out of the playoffs, b/c they act like they're entitled to the refs... and it's funny b/c they really do ***** at the refs a good deal more at home if you follow closely.
3. Melo and NYK offense. This year they've consistently put up good numbers against us. Our defense doesn't stunt them like we do to most. Chandler is better on the boards than Noah and their athleticism is comparable to ours.
4. I think the Celtics are a better team than the Knicks... but I think we match up better vs. the Celtics. I know we can beat the Celtics in 5, not so confident against the Knicks. Celts aren't more athletic than the Bulls at all. Ray is the only player who scares me on the Celtics roster, especially when we got Rose for Rondo, Deng for Pierce, and Noah for Garnett.
5. Bulls are practically tailor-made to beat the Celtics, especially when you throw Thibbs into the equation.

InRoseWeTrust
04-23-2012, 11:26 PM
Everybody can have an opinion I go with Shump.. The other guys are no slouches but neither is Shump and to blow it off like he is a slouch is a mistake... IMO

No one is calling Shump a "slouch"...he's just not in the same level as some other guys yet. Saying he is just goes against logic.

EnWhyKay
04-23-2012, 11:36 PM
No one is calling Shump a "slouch"...he's just not in the same level as some other guys yet. Saying he is just goes against logic.

I'm not sure you have seen enough of Shumpert because he definitely is in the conversation...

Neosheed
04-23-2012, 11:48 PM
First off the bulls defense is suffocating if the "knicks and Boston" have this so called second gear the bulls will wear them out and the heat has to much fire power and they d can will force u into turnovers and you know what they do wit turnovers so I don't think they will have any problems with either team

Cubby
04-23-2012, 11:54 PM
Hell, Avery Bradley is a better on ball defender than Shumpert in basically every stat.

Literally my dream backup PG.

Kyben36
04-24-2012, 12:05 AM
this thread is sooo f up. Celtics arnt even close to the 8th or 7th seed,

as far as correcting this, between NY and PHilly, I think I would rather take NY,

while NY can light up a storm on nights, if their shots arnt falling they aint winning.

InRoseWeTrust
04-24-2012, 12:06 AM
I'm not sure you have seen enough of Shumpert because he definitely is in the conversation...

Wrong. I'm a league pass subscriber and have seen quite a lot of him. He's not in the conversation, and certainly not "the best"

beasted86
04-24-2012, 11:01 AM

That's only because you are delusional reading the rest of your posts in this thread.

This is the playoffs... not many teams get blown out in the playoffs regardless of seeding or whether they get swept or not. So nothing will be a cakewalk. But Miami is the best home team in the NBA and have homecourt advantage. I would put chances they win the first 2 at home as 95%. Then they will likely steal at least 1 on the road, and win at home again. I'll predict HEAT win the series 4-1 unless we gets some more fluke injuries which might push it to more games.