PDA

View Full Version : Bynum and Gooden Names Players of the Week

JasonJohnHorn
03-19-2012, 07:51 PM
http://www.nba.com/2012/news/03/19/players-of-the-week/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Not surprised to see Bynum on the list, he's been beasting it all season, but Gooden? I'm glad to see he's been playing well, I always thought he was a solid player that got overlooked by a lot of teams. Its nice to see hard work get rewarded once in a while.

tredigs
03-19-2012, 07:56 PM
That's Ersan Ilyasova and Drew Gooden of the Bucks as back to back players of the week. I think we all saw that coming.

Cal827
03-19-2012, 07:57 PM
I will absolutely eat crow on what I said to start this season. When people put Bynum 2nd overall when it came to centers, I just laughed at them. Now that he's been able to remain healthy, he has clearly shown that he's the #2 guy... and the gap between 2 and 1 isn't as far as it seemed in the offseason. Congrats to him.

The Lakers have got to make him a more consistent option. I mean I know Kobe is the main man, but they got to get Bynum at least 17-20 shots per game.. not the 12 he's averaging right now. If they do, then I think basically every team in the west will have serious problems with them come playoff time... As I can only think of a couple of star centers that will combat them without losing horribly (Gaslol, Duncan although is usually PF).

Congrats to both, Gooden has been randomly great lol

Gram
03-19-2012, 08:03 PM
Stuckey should have gotten it for the east.

tredigs
03-19-2012, 08:07 PM
Stuckey should have gotten it for the east.

Nah, he put up a ****-er last night and the Pistons lost 3 of 4. Gooden had all good or great games and the Bucks were 4-0. Stuckey did have a few great games though.

VCaintdead17
03-19-2012, 08:08 PM
I will absolutely eat crow on what I said to start this season. When people put Bynum 2nd overall when it came to centers, I just laughed at them. Now that he's been able to remain healthy, he has clearly shown that he's the #2 guy... and the gap between 2 and 1 isn't as far as it seemed in the offseason. Congrats to him.

The Lakers have got to make him a more consistent option. I mean I know Kobe is the main man, but they got to get Bynum at least 17-20 shots per game.. not the 12 he's averaging right now. If they do, then I think basically every team in the west will have serious problems with them come playoff time... As I can only think of a couple of star centers that will combat them without losing horribly (Gaslol, Duncan although is usually PF).

I'm in the same boat. I thought it was utterly ridiculous to place it at #2 but that's definitely changed.

Chronz
03-19-2012, 08:17 PM

Bynum has been the 2nd best center in terms of talent/skill for the past 4 or 5 years. Thats all I have ever heard and said, I dont think anyone tried to imply they knew if he could stay healthy or not, we have simply been speakin in terms of on the court ability.

But welcome to the party, coincidentally hes under performed abit this year.

Gram
03-19-2012, 08:17 PM
Nah, he put up a ****-er last night and the Pistons lost 3 of 4. Gooden had all good or great games and the Bucks were 4-0. Stuckey did have a few great games though.

He was injured last night, and has averaged 23.5/6.5/3.3/1.0 over the week. Plus he was playing very well before last week. I still think he shoulda got it.

stawka
03-19-2012, 08:31 PM
Bynum, yeah for sure. Gooden lol? I haven't seen his numbers but I was surprised to read this

LakersMaster24
03-19-2012, 08:36 PM
Bynum, yeah for sure. Gooden lol? I haven't seen his numbers but I was surprised to read this

Hes having an amazing season.

15 7 on 50%FG

He had a triple double the other day.

DaLakerz Rulz
03-19-2012, 08:36 PM
Bynum has been the 2nd best center in terms of talent/skill for the past 4 or 5 years. Thats all I have ever heard and said, I dont think anyone tried to imply they knew if he could stay healthy or not, we have simply been speakin in terms of on the court ability.

Exactly - health has really been my only concern with him. In that sense I can't really blame people for being hesitant about him. For people who watch Bynum regularly, they will see that when he gets consistent opportunities and his teammates are looking for him, the guy is almost unstoppable. He is just going to keep getting better as he gets more practice playing against double teams.

03-19-2012, 08:37 PM

Really? Bynum is having a career year, especially in points and rebounds.
I'll admit, I also thought he was heavily overated all these years, mainly because he was injured and not playing healthy. I wouldn't say he has been a top 2 Centre for the past 5 years, but if your saying he had the skill set to be top 2 then I would have to agree with you.

Hopefully he can remain healthy and keep up his good play :clap:

Chacarron
03-19-2012, 09:16 PM
Congrats to both.

Chronz
03-19-2012, 09:50 PM
Really? Bynum is having a career year, especially in points and rebounds.
I'll admit, I also thought he was heavily overated all these years, mainly because he was injured and not playing healthy. I wouldn't say he has been a top 2 Centre for the past 5 years, but if your saying he had the skill set to be top 2 then I would have to agree with you.

Hopefully he can remain healthy and keep up his good play :clap:

He was dangerously efficient when Kobe and Pau were at their best.

LASportsFan1996
03-19-2012, 09:51 PM
Bynum Is A Boss.

lakersfan01
03-19-2012, 10:05 PM
Some delusional fans would still say Kobe :laugh: Where's Mickey at?

The goods
03-19-2012, 10:07 PM

Well said my friend,here's to him keeping it up and proving he belongs in the best center in the league conversation.

Teeboy1487
03-19-2012, 10:14 PM
Bynum has been our best player in terms of efficiency and PER. Congrats to him.