PDA

View Full Version : this year proves y steve nash deserved his mvp and should be talked about this year

JiffyMix88
03-19-2012, 08:45 AM
just like in his 05 season he took a bunch of nobodies and are turning therm into a playoff team and a very scary team at this moment. his numbers may not be as good as these other players like lebron or durant but the way he leads his team is very remarkable and fun to watch . just wanna get ur opinions on him and if je should even be considered a mvp candidate .

theheatles
03-19-2012, 09:20 AM
so Amare Stoudemire, Joe Johnson and Shawn Marion are nobodies?

BULLSFAN0810
03-19-2012, 09:23 AM
WRONG! Its not Nash,Its style of play... Nash is a Great player,but he is DONE. DONE...Nash is DONE. I had to say it trice. He cant play 48 min anymore. His back is dead.He cant push the ball like he use to.....RETIRE or go chase a ship with Miami.

BULLSFAN0810
03-19-2012, 09:27 AM

YEAH..since leaving Nash..Amare is now exposed as a bad defender,or not as good as thought.

Joe Johnson....151 million dollar thief...He owes Nash 15% of his total carreer NBA EARNINGS. He hasnt looked the same since leaving Nash. Johson ..OVER RATED

Marion...Good engine,doesnt need plays...but the guys game is ugly...Nash gave Marion alot Easy points...Nash made him look better.

AceMan
03-19-2012, 09:33 AM
This grammar war between Jiffymix88 and Bullsfan0810 is fantastic.

braveniler58
03-19-2012, 12:47 PM
What's with this "He can't play 48 minutes anymore" crap? Since when do NBA players play all 48 minutes? Nash has never done that.

I do think Nash should be in top 10 MVP list.

haggis
03-19-2012, 12:49 PM

:laugh2:

Gram
03-19-2012, 12:51 PM
YEAH..since leaving Nash..Amare is now exposed as a bad defender,or not as good as thought.

Joe Johnson....151 million dollar thief...He owes Nash 15% of his total carreer NBA EARNINGS. He hasnt looked the same since leaving Nash. Johson ..OVER RATED

Marion...Good engine,doesnt need plays...but the guys game is ugly...Nash gave Marion alot Easy points...Nash made him look better.

Why? Because he went to Atlanta? :S

Iodine
03-19-2012, 12:54 PM
My god, this is why reading rainbow is so important

Sadds The Gr8
03-19-2012, 12:57 PM

lol this

Bellz
03-19-2012, 01:06 PM

Johnson has been better without Nash.....

ghettosean
03-19-2012, 01:14 PM

LOL... Damn that was a proper answer!

ghettosean
03-19-2012, 01:18 PM
Yeah but not max salary great... He's no Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Dirk, Durant, WestBrook...

I think you get the point... He pretty much got a real nice money grab but no one is to blame but Atlanta. If your paying a guy $151 Million he's going to get his touches.

willabeast77
03-19-2012, 01:23 PM

He probably meant, he turned them to allstars.

BULLSFAN0810
03-19-2012, 01:24 PM

Not 151 mill better. OVERRATED...HES DONE TOO...DONE. ATL shouldve let him walk b4 signing him to an new deal. He dropped a skpe load in the playoffs ...played ATL like he was going to pair up with MIA(ATL shouldve known it wasnt gon happen,and Chicago dont pay bums more than theyre worth.........anymore)then Johson asked for the max,like he is a top tier guy...Dumbass ATL paid . And he hasnt paid off for ATL in return.

NoahH
03-19-2012, 01:25 PM
Nash makes his teammates a helluva lot better. period.

Bellz
03-19-2012, 01:29 PM
Yeah but not max salary great... He's no Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Dirk, Durant, WestBrook...
I think you get the point... He pretty much got a real nice money grab but no one is to blame but Atlanta. If your paying a guy $151 Million he's going to get his touches.

One of those names does not belong...lol ATL gave him a max deal becauce if he left they would've been screwed. which ever team he signed with he would've gotten MAX money.

Bellz
03-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Not 151 mill better. OVERRATED...HES DONE TOO...DONE. ATL shouldve let him walk b4 signing him to an new deal. He dropped a skpe load in the playoffs ...played ATL like he was going to pair up with MIA(ATL shouldve known it wasnt gon happen,and Chicago dont pay bums more than theyre worth.........anymore)then Johson asked for the max,like he is a top tier guy...Dumbass ATL paid . And he hasnt paid off for ATL in return.

Okay that still doesn't take away from the fact he has been better without Nash... I agree he doesn't deserve max but that is not the agruement the agruement was that Nash had nobodies and turned them into all-stars but Joe Johnson was an all-star and still is an all-star. And I belive the OP is talking about the team that had Diaw starting at C so therefore JJ wasn't even on that team anyway lol

SportsFanatic10
03-19-2012, 01:36 PM
nash is a great player and continues to be even at his age. his shooting and passing continue to be amazing. he deserves alot of credit. one of my favourite players no doubt.

mdm692
03-19-2012, 02:33 PM
WRONG! Its not Nash,Its style of play... Nash is a Great player,but he is DONE. DONE...Nash is DONE. I had to say it trice. He cant play 48 min anymore. His back is dead.He cant push the ball like he use to.....RETIRE or go chase a ship with Miami.

:facepalm:

mdm692
03-19-2012, 02:46 PM

the op is refering to the 05-06 season when the FO let joe johnson go, traded quentin richardson for kurt thomas(i believe), and stoudemire was out for the entire season.

starters
-Nash
-Raja bell
-marion
-diaw
-kurt thomas
6th man
-leandro barbosa
rest of the bench
-brian grant
-eddie house
-jim jackson
-james jones
-tim thomas
-pat burke

and nash still manage to lead this team to a record of 54-28 which was 3rd in the western conference if im not mistaken. The team was first in ppg, pace, and 2nd in off rtg. Went all the way to the wcf to lose to the mavs 3-4, which could have been a different story had amare been playing.

Nash stat line is
18.8ppg 10.5 apg 4.2rbg and shot 40/50/90

And how can anyone say that nash is old he is playing 32.6 mpg which is pretty good for his age and shooting 54% from the field.

orgnpurple13
03-19-2012, 03:01 PM
If the Suns sneak into the playoffs (currently 0.5 games back of the eighth seed) Nash should be right behind Lebron, Rose, and Durant for MVP candidates.

I mean the guy is 38 years old and has put loyalty into a team that would be awful without him! Not something very many players in this league would do.

knicksfan42
03-19-2012, 03:09 PM

Ha ha ha ha ha are you serious or did you just start watching the NBA a year and a half ago? Amare was always a putrid defender, always. In fact Nash is one of the few players whose defensive prowess rivals that of Amare. Those Suns were always known as being a not so great offensive team and it was largely because they had Nash and Amare in their line up.

As for offense, Amare showed everyone last year, that he can be great offensively without Nash.

Laces-Out
03-19-2012, 03:11 PM
Nash makes his teammates a helluva lot better. period.

i dont typically agree with Heat or Eagles fans but when i do its because he used Helluva in a sentence :clap::clap::clap:

KnicksorBust
03-19-2012, 03:12 PM
I find it hard to get interested in debating who should be 5th in the MVP voting.

mdm692
03-19-2012, 03:14 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha are you serious or did you just start watching the NBA a year and a half ago? Amare was always a putrid defender, always. In fact Nash is one of the few players whose defensive prowess rivals that of Amare. Those Suns were always known as being a not so great offensive team and it was largely because they had Nash and Amare in their line up.

As for offense, Amare showed everyone last year, that he can be great offensively without Nash.

the only difference is nash was always amongst the league leaders in charges drawn which accounts for some defense while amare couldnt do anything even with all the physical gifts.

king4day
03-19-2012, 03:25 PM

The Suns are no longer 'run-n-gun'. Haven't been for almost 2 seasons now. That changed after Amar'e left. So it's certainly not the system anymore.

Nash is an elite NBA player with a cast of role players.
He leads the league in assists still and he's hardly missed any time due to injury. It may have been 2 years since his back caused him to miss a game.

The only time he's come close to 48 minutes is when the Suns were involved in multi-OT games. Nothings changed but his age and the talent around him.
Good or bad, he finds a way to get it done.

lavilevi23
03-19-2012, 03:33 PM
Nash should come to Miami

theheatles
03-19-2012, 07:37 PM

Amare was always known as a bad defender and Amare was great for most of last year but now his injuries are catching up to him

Joe Johnson has been better on atlanta, who cares if he has an absurd contract, his greater play without nash allowed his agent to stick up the atlanta front office for that money...overpaid? yeah...overrated? nope

Marion was a defensive catalyst on a championship team and he was an all star before he ever played with nash

Lim
03-19-2012, 07:41 PM
apparently leading the league in assists while shooting 55% from the field means you're DONE.

kingsdelez24
03-19-2012, 07:48 PM

126 million better, he's also the reason they've made the playoffs for the last 4 years. And by the way, go check his stats for this month.

ghettosean
03-19-2012, 07:56 PM
the op is refering to the 05-06 season when the FO let joe johnson go, traded quentin richardson for kurt thomas(i believe), and stoudemire was out for the entire season.

starters
-Nash
-Raja bell
-marion
-diaw
-kurt thomas
6th man
-leandro barbosa
rest of the bench
-brian grant
-eddie house
-jim jackson
-james jones
-tim thomas
-pat burke

and nash still manage to lead this team to a record of 54-28 which was 3rd in the western conference if im not mistaken. The team was first in ppg, pace, and 2nd in off rtg. Went all the way to the wcf to lose to the mavs 3-4, which could have been a different story had amare been playing.

Nash stat line is

And how can anyone say that nash is old he is playing 32.6 mpg which is pretty good for his age and shooting 54% from the field.
:clap:

And a AMEN to you sir!

SteveNash
03-19-2012, 07:57 PM

starters
-Nash
-Raja bell
-marion
-diaw
-kurt thomas
6th man
-leandro barbosa
rest of the bench
-brian grant
-eddie house
-jim jackson
-james jones
-tim thomas
-pat burke

Nash stat line is

In '06, Kobe and LeBron would have dreamed to play with a supporting cast that good.

Jesse2272
03-19-2012, 08:10 PM
Not a discussion

Affirmation

SN earned his MVP's no asterix, 1 of the greatest pure points tom play the game in my lifetime

"Period end of story"

SMH!
03-19-2012, 08:14 PM
nash is trash

FriedTofuz
03-19-2012, 08:48 PM

That team was stacked, The thread person isnt thinking.

mdm692
03-19-2012, 10:09 PM
In '06, Kobe and LeBron would have dreamed to play with a supporting cast that good.

and aside from marion who is still a very good player and joe johnson who turned into an overrated all star which one of those players is still making a positive solid impact.

Raja bell got old hurt and is now a liability(any utah fan will tell you their biggest hole is sg which bell plays)

Diaw is fat lazy and is still capablr of putting up good numbers but is unmotivated. Nash gave him open lanes to the basket which is probably good motivation.

Barbosa didnt do much in tor but has a chance to redeem himself in ind so we will give him the benefit.

stat still put up good numbers last year with a descent pg in felton but after the trade hes never even come close to what he once was.

Marion went from an all star to a role player.

Joe johnson led the hawks to 4 playoff appearences ending in a first round exit or second round at best and that was once.

The remaining members of the 04-05 and 05-06 suns seasons are either rotting on the bench or not in the league anymore.

And on top of that all the above players had career high fg% seasons when they were with nash. I mean we can go on and on but the facts are there and numbers dont lie but people are too blind to recognize. I can probably say that ive seen nash take over games without scoring a fg, now how many players can do that.? Hell he did it last friday vs the pistons.

Avenged
03-19-2012, 10:16 PM
My god, this is why reading rainbow is so important

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt7s4wxabM1qfzwa3o1_500.jpg

king4day
03-19-2012, 10:37 PM
That team was stacked, The thread person isnt thinking.

Thiis was already acknowledged. He meant 05-06 when Diaw, Bell, Kurt Thomas joined the teaam while Amar'e was out for the season.

Raph12
03-19-2012, 10:51 PM
Overrated.

BKdoubleStacker
03-19-2012, 10:59 PM
and aside from marion who is still a very good player and joe johnson who turned into an overrated all star which one of those players is still making a positive solid impact.

Raja bell got old hurt and is now a liability(any utah fan will tell you their biggest hole is sg which bell plays)

Diaw is fat lazy and is still capablr of putting up good numbers but is unmotivated. Nash gave him open lanes to the basket which is probably good motivation.

Barbosa didnt do much in tor but has a chance to redeem himself in ind so we will give him the benefit.

stat still put up good numbers last year with a descent pg in felton but after the trade hes never even come close to what he once was.

Joe johnson led the hawks to 4 playoff appearences ending in a first round exit or second round at best and that was once.

The remaining members of the 04-05 and 05-06 suns seasons are either rotting on the bench or not in the league anymore.

And on top of that all the above players had career high fg% seasons when they were with nash. I mean we can go on and on but the facts are there and numbers dont lie but people are too blind to recognize. I can probably say that ive seen nash take over games without scoring a fg, now how many players can do that.? Hell he did it last friday vs the pistons.

why does that even matter? that was 6-7 years ago.

raja bell was pretty damn legit, and you had a prime marion and the bench wasnt too shabby

knicks=love
03-19-2012, 11:06 PM
to the OP, you can't start and end a sentence with the same word (or in this case two words). it's not proper/correct english.. :D

SteveNash
03-19-2012, 11:08 PM

Again compare it to Kobe/LeBron's teammates.

What are Kobe's teammates doing these days?

Lamar-One of the worst players in the league without Kobe.
Smush-Out of the league
Brian Cook-Will be out of the league any minute now.
Mihm-Out of the league
Kwame-Bust, soon to be gone.
Devean George-Gone
Luke-Just about gone
Vujacic-Gone

Only guys that have any value right now are
Bynum-But was a rookie straight out of high school who was injured, didn't get much playing time, and when he did sucked.
Turiaf-Decent hustle guy who contributed nothing to the '06 team.

And LeBron:
Z-Gone
Donyell-Gone
Hughes-Gone
Damon Jones-Gone
Snow-Gone
Flip-Gone
Pavlovic-Garbage

Leaving you with:
Varejao-Again injured/limited contriubtions
Drew Gooden-Who somehow is still in the NBA.

So yeah Kobe/LeBron would have killed to have the roster Nash had.

mdm692
03-19-2012, 11:14 PM
why does that even matter? that was 6-7 years ago.

raja bell was pretty damn legit, and you had a prime marion and the bench wasnt too shabby

The point is that nash made all of those players better and i agree lebron and kobe would have liked to have those players but then again who knows how they would have complimented kobe and lebron. People here seem to think that nash doesn't deserve those mvp's which he clearly did although kobe did make a legit argument. Also nash deserves mvp CONSIDERATION(meaning top 10, top 5 at best). If you look at his teammates you cant tell me he doesnt deserve some recognition the roster looks as follow.

Nash/telfair/price
Dudley/brown
hill/redd/childress
frye/markieff/warrick
gortat/lopez

BKdoubleStacker
03-19-2012, 11:20 PM
The point is that nash made all of those players better and i agree lebron and kobe would have liked to have those players but then again who knows how they would have complimented kobe and lebron. People here seem to think that nash doesn't deserve those mvp's which he clearly did although kobe did make a legit argument. Also nash deserves mvp CONSIDERATION(meaning top 10, top 5 at best). If you look at his teammates you cant tell me he doesnt deserve some recognition the roster looks as follow.

Nash/telfair/price
Dudley/brown
hill/redd/childress
frye/markieff/warrick
gortat/lopez

nash didnt deserve it over kobe...That is one of the biggest robberies I have ever seen...

you really think nash would've taken kobes team to the playoffs?

BKdoubleStacker
03-19-2012, 11:21 PM

Nash/telfair/price
Dudley/brown
hill/redd/childress
frye/markieff/warrick
gortat/lopez

consideration?? sure but thats about it...

raiderfaninTX
03-19-2012, 11:28 PM
just like in his 05 season he took a bunch of nobodies and are turning therm into a playoff team and a very scary team at this moment. his numbers may not be as good as these other players like lebron or durant but the way he leads his team is very remarkable and fun to watch . just wanna get ur opinions on him and if je should even be considered a mvp candidate .

woooooooo run on sentences for the win

SteveNash
03-19-2012, 11:34 PM
The point is that nash made all of those players better and i agree lebron and kobe would have liked to have those players but then again who knows how they would have complimented kobe and lebron. People here seem to think that nash doesn't deserve those mvp's which he clearly did although kobe did make a legit argument. Also nash deserves mvp CONSIDERATION(meaning top 10, top 5 at best). If you look at his teammates you cant tell me he doesnt deserve some recognition the roster looks as follow

You seem to be forgetting the Mike D'Antoni made Steve Nash, more than Steve Nash made anyone else.

Let's not forget how crappy Nash was under Porter. Nash couldn't run a proper offense, so Gentry had to step in an reinstall the old gimmick system.

Nash is the product of the system just like any other player Nash supposedly made better.

mdm692
03-19-2012, 11:53 PM
You seem to be forgetting the Mike D'Antoni made Steve Nash, more than Steve Nash made anyone else.

Let's not forget how crappy Nash was under Porter. Nash couldn't run a proper offense, so Gentry had to step in an reinstall the old gimmick system.

Nash is the product of the system just like any other player Nash supposedly made better.

:facepalm: you seem to forget who leads the lead in APG, fg% for guards, double doubles for guards etc. But yeah D'antoni made nash thats why most of his assist and plays this year and last year came from a half court offense and thats why D'antoni is out of a job eventhough he had "the next nash" jeremy lin. But whatever homerism and haterism blinds alot of people.

mdm692
03-19-2012, 11:55 PM
consideration?? sure but thats about it...

And I agree unless the suns can win 80-90% of their remaing games which seems highly unlikely.

Duncan = Donkey
03-20-2012, 12:33 AM

15 and 9 is crappy??

Nash cant run a proper offense? why do people post the most ridiclious idiotic things on the internet.

The old gimmick system as you call it hasn't been in Phoenix since Dantoni left. Gentry did not reinstate it. WTF are you talking about?? everything you posted in jibberish.

NetsPaint
03-20-2012, 12:43 AM
If the Suns make the Playoffs he should be the MVP. He rarely even shoots and is leading his team to big wins. It's quite impressive.

Also, Grant Hill better make the All-Defensive team.

OA SLAY
03-20-2012, 01:40 AM
How does the present solidify something u did 7years ago?