PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Goes 3-20 And Lakers Lose.

naps
03-19-2012, 04:13 AM
On a night when Bynum went 12-14 and Gasol went 8-12. Why would he still force instead of keep feeding the twin towers since he knew it wasn't working tonight? I mean it's alright you shoot 30 a game when your game is on but 3-20 is not acceptable by any standards specially when your two other main weapon were on fire. Superstars have off nights but Kobe has those nights often. He's having arguably the worst efficient season of his career as his TS% and eFG% this season are the lowest since he turned a pro. I bet Lakers miss the Zen Master now. I can't fathom Mike "The Puppet" Brown rub Kobe's face to make him realize it's a ****ing team game...just like how PJ used to do back in the days.

bholly
03-19-2012, 04:15 AM
This week, in 'Thread Titles That Don't Surprise Anyone"...

BcEuAbRsS
03-19-2012, 04:20 AM
HOFer had a bad night.

Jenceman
03-19-2012, 04:23 AM
Bait thread. He had a terrible game, let it go.

shep33
03-19-2012, 04:24 AM
Again, it was a bad night. He wasn't even jacking, he actually had great looks that just didn't fall. Poor game still, should've gotten it more Drew + Pau.

Team also had 24 turnovers (kobe with 7). Kanter had a career high in points (played great), Millsap, Kanter, Favors combined for 53 points, so even though Pau + Drew played well offensively, the Utah bigs scored quite a bit on them. It took all of that plus Kobe to have arguably his worst game ever to beat the Lakers by 3-4 points tonight. Oh and Steve Blake hasn't scored in 2 games... he's the starter for the Lakers lol

Poor game for the Lakers, somehow only lost by 3, in all truth they should've lost by 40

JJ_JKidd
03-19-2012, 04:27 AM
Kobe sucks, Lebron, D Rose and Durant is KING.. You happy now?? :facepalm:

naps
03-19-2012, 04:29 AM

Bait thread? Did you read the OP? He's having the worst efficient season of his career. It's not just one game.

naps
03-19-2012, 04:33 AM
Again, it was a bad night. He wasn't even jacking, he actually had great looks that just didn't fall. Poor game still, should've gotten it more Drew + Pau.

Which is why you don't keep shooting since it's just one of those nights. And specially when Pau an Drew were killing it down low.

Poor game for the Lakers, somehow only lost by 3, in all truth they should've lost by 40

In other words, had Kobe not kept shooting and fed Drew or Pau Lakers would have won it rather easily.

naps
03-19-2012, 04:35 AM
Kobe sucks, Lebron, D Rose and Durant is KING.. You happy now?? :facepalm:

Great post. How about you take a look at THIS (http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showpost.php?p=21413385&postcount=5)?

That might help you write something constructive next time.

JJ_JKidd
03-19-2012, 04:38 AM
Great post. How about you take a look at THIS (http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showpost.php?p=21413385&postcount=5)?

That might help you write something constructive next time.

Whats more constructive is that you should just have placed this idiotic thread of yours at the Game Thread and not create a separate thread, capish? :facepalm:

shep33
03-19-2012, 04:41 AM
Which is why you don't keep shooting since it's just one of those nights. And specially when Pau an Drew were killing it down low.

In other words, had Kobe not kept shooting and fed Drew or Pau Lakers would have won it rather easily.

Probably. But I mean is this thread really necessary? He had the worst game of his career today. It was discussed in the game thread. What good comes out of a thread like this outside of bashing?

Who cares if he has a bad game against the Jazz lol? He's arguably the 2nd greatest shooting guard of all-time.

I think a guy who has scored 81 in a game, has 5 titles, averaged nearly 36 ppg one season, is the 5th all-time leading scorer in the history of the NBA, (we can go on about the accolades) is allowed a pass.

He sucked tonight, onto the next one.

Sssmush
03-19-2012, 04:43 AM
Yeah, you KNOW you're a superstar when you go 3-20 in a regular season game and you get three discussion threads about you.

Seriously, you gotta be pretty awesome just to get those 20 shots off. Kobe is just warming up... when he has a brutal game like that, he punishes the league for like the next 10 games.

JJ_JKidd
03-19-2012, 04:47 AM
Probably. But I mean is this thread really necessary? He had the worst game of his career today. It was discussed in the game thread. What good comes out of a thread like this outside of bashing?

Who cares if he has a bad game against the Jazz lol? He's arguably the 2nd greatest shooting guard of all-time.

I think a guy who has scored 81 in a game, has 5 titles, averaged nearly 36 ppg one season, is the 5th all-time leading scorer in the history of the NBA, (we can go on about the accolades) is allowed a pass.

Precisely what im talking about! The thread creator maybe wanted me to say that Kobe is a effen ball-hog is that it? :facepalm:

Jenceman
03-19-2012, 04:50 AM
Bait thread? Did you read the OP? He's having the worst efficient season of his career. It's not just one game.

It's easily a bait thread. He had a terrible game, get over it. The entire point of this thread is to incite emotional responses.

Like the other poster said, there's a game thread for a reason.

Longhornfan1234
03-19-2012, 04:52 AM
You're a troll. Kobe > Wade. Deal with it.

shep33
03-19-2012, 04:56 AM
So do we create threads for every bad game Lebron or Wade has from now on? How is this suppose to work. You see the problem with these types of threads don't you?

Why don't we make a thread about Wade's performance in the conference semi's last year? He struggled big time that series with Lebron carrying him... but my point is what's the purpose of even doing so? Star players have bad go arounds, Wade, LBJ, Jordan, Shaq have all played bad games in the career.

Dwight had an 8 point, 6 foul, 6 turnover game earlier this year. I mean stuff like this only leads to bashing and baiting

naps
03-19-2012, 05:04 AM

Again Shep, you are missing the point. It's not just one game. This is arguably his most inefficient season. Lakers would win more games if he played more through his bigmen.

So do we create threads for every bad game Lebron or Wade has from now on? How is this suppose to work. You see the problem with these types of threads don't you?

Why don't we make a thread about Wade's performance in the conference semi's last year? He struggled big time that series with Lebron carrying him... but my point is what's the purpose of even doing so? Star players have bad go arounds, Wade, LBJ, Jordan, Shaq have all played bad games in the career.

Dwight had an 8 point, 6 foul, 6 turnover game earlier this year. I mean stuff like this only leads to bashing and baiting

There were plenty of threads created on Wade's ECF. And yes there are threads created on LeBron after every game where he pass a ball to an open man for christ's sake. Again my point is just not this game. Kobe has been atrocious throughout the season. What else Bynum needs to do to get more touches? He's been beasting, goes 90% from the field some nights, and still can't get more than 12/13 shots.

shep33
03-19-2012, 05:22 AM
Again Shep, you are missing the point. It's not just one game. This is arguably his most inefficient season. Lakers would win more games if he played more through his bigmen.

There were plenty of threads created on Wade's ECF. And yes there are threads created on LeBron after every game where he pass a ball to an open man for christ's sake.

I'm not going to disagree with you there, I think he does need to force feed Bynum more, no question.

I'll give some personal insight to some of inefficiency this year. First of all, I think these poor shooting nights are more to do with him being worn down. I've noticed that they've been more of an occurrence as the season has gone on. Brown is running Kobe into the ground. Kobe has played more minutes than any player in the NBA this season, he's in his 16 year so he's gonna get run down. It's kind of mind boggling that he plays more minutes than Wade, Lebron, Durant, Rose, Westbrook etc.

Tying in with that, he's stubborn as hell. He needs to take time off an get healthy. The guy hasn't missed a game this year yet, and part of the problem is that if you have Drew + Pau out there alone, this team has close to no chance of being any sort of threat. The ball will go into those guys, but when they get doubled, that's it. Nobody on this team can shoot, nobody on this team can score from the perimeter.

Also he works too damn hard for his shots. I watch Wade and Lebron play together, and MJ and Pip, and those guys created easy shots for one another via defense and fast breaks.

He should get it to the bigs more often no question, but he also has to shoot for this team because he's our only source of perimeter offense. Name a worse supporting perimeter offensively than Metta, Fisher, and Steve Blake?

Metta is having the worst statistical year of his career, averaging around 5.5 ppg, Steve Blake hasn't scored in the past 2 games as the Lakers starter, and Derek Fisher is so bad that he went from starter to being cut by the Rockets who are in desperate need of pg depth with Lowry out.

Even if he's missing, Kobe is the only guy on the team that can actually create a shot for himself. If he isn't shooting, you can just focus your team onto Drew and Pau by doubling them every time down.

I still think he has to get it to the bigs no question, but he still has to shoot around 18-20 times per game until someone can lighten the load on him. He also is often forced into taking bad shots when the clock is running down. When guys don't know what to do with it (Blake, Metta, Fisher) they look to kobe with 4-5 seconds on the clock and he had to heave it.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-19-2012, 05:24 AM
I heard from fellow laker fans that his shot selection wasnt bad, so he was just having a really bad off night.

no biggie

Trueblue2
03-19-2012, 05:35 AM

Why don't we make a thread about Lebron in the finals last year, that would be cool.

Bulls_fan90
03-19-2012, 05:43 AM
:laugh: troll thread backfired.

Cano-Montero...
03-19-2012, 05:46 AM
us laker fans agree with you...

Yunqn
03-19-2012, 06:12 AM
how is he being a troll or baiting at all?

i dont get it..

if rose or lebron did this it would be ALL over this site..even when they have little moments its all over this site.. but when its a game where a guy CLEARY shoots his team out of the game selfishly because he thinks he's god.. its nothing because it isnt lebron & etc..

just face it.. kobe is great .. WE GET IT.. BUT IF HE STRUGGLED HE STRUGGLED..to me the guy is selfish and shoots the team out on most nights.. & this performance is thread worthy because of how bad it was..& it shouldnt matter who. i would have NO problem at all if it was even jordan.. 3/20 and 9/31 is horrendous..

but i guess it doesnt matter because kobe has 5 rings..imo if arguably the best coach in all of sports doesnt want your scorer so called " i got 5 titles by playing 1 on 15 and won every game with out any help" to take over games offensively..then theres a problem with your visual on how great he really is.. but im pretty sure my words will get twisted around and someone will try hard to look correct and justify everything they say with facepalms and little girly dialogue.. lol.... only on psd :)

JJ_JKidd
03-19-2012, 06:16 AM
how is he being a troll or baiting at all?

i dont get it..

if rose or lebron did this it would be ALL over this site..even when they have little moments its all over this site.. but when its a game where a guy CLEARY shoots his team out of the game selfishly because he thinks he's god.. its nothing because it isnt lebron/dirk/rose or etc..

just face it.. the guy is selfish and shoots the team out on most nights.. but this performance is thread worthy because of how badit was..it shouldnt matter who.

but i guess it doesnt matter because kobe has 5 rings..imo if arguably the best coach in all of sports doesnt want your scorer so called " i got 5 titles by playing 1 on 15 and won every game with out any help" to take over games offensively..then theres a problem with your visual on how great he really is.. but im pretty sure my words will get twisted around and someone will try hard to look correct and justify everything they say with facepalms and little girly dialogue.. lol.... only on psd :)

Kobe is a ball hog couldnt care much less, he's been like that ever since BUT, I repeat,,,

T
h
i
s

d
o
e
s

n
o
t

d
e
s
e
r
v
e

i
t
s

o
w
n

t
h
r
e
a
d

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

kobebabe
03-19-2012, 06:25 AM
He doesn't play in your team of that makes you feel better...get it??

kobebabe
03-19-2012, 06:26 AM
Oh and by the way, why don't we never see threads when he drops 40 or even keep 30+ streaks????

YoungOne
03-19-2012, 06:27 AM
love it :D

Philapsychosis
03-19-2012, 06:32 AM
Because Kobe is the most overrated star in the league. He shouldn't be mentioned in the same breathe as Jordan. He's holding the Lakers back. He should just hang it up.

Does that about cover everything you hoped to hear?

Stupid thread. I usually don't really care what people post, but if this is anyone else outside of maybe Bron Bron or Melo it's a non issue thats chalked up to a bad game

HouRealCoach
03-19-2012, 07:01 AM
Kobe can go 0-35 for each of the next 5 games and he will still be one of the GOAT's.. But this really isnt thread worthy

ldawg
03-19-2012, 08:39 AM
I don't think he took to many bad shots but that 3 pointer at the end was. still knowing it had 20% chance he make it he still took it. Don't know if its the wrist but his bad games are very frequent and i think he should turn it down. I like that they got younger and quicker in Sessions but him, Kobe, Artest are not very good 3 point shooters and i think they need to sign a shooter that can defend, spread the floor and run. Defenders can swarm there bigs that is why they turn the ball over alot. Both Pau and Bynum don't handle that pressure defense well. I wonder if Nocioni is healthy and can play that roll?

xxplayerxx23
03-19-2012, 08:42 AM
at first I was really mad because he almost cost me the fantasy week, I would of blamed him and rose, but instead i won by1.5 and am happy because I dislike kobe a lot ;D

C-Style
03-19-2012, 08:53 AM
Troll

IndyRealist
03-19-2012, 09:16 AM
I always grew tired of games where Kobe went 8-32 and they lost, but "Kobe goes for 30 in losing effort" is the headline.

dnl123
03-19-2012, 09:45 AM
Anyone who actually watches basketball games knows that Kobe takes about 5 really stupid shots per game. This is not a new thing.

time4change
03-19-2012, 10:15 AM
Well my god this just proves just how much better The Bron must be then Kobe, right? lol

BULLSFAN0810
03-19-2012, 10:21 AM
Kobe is great still..top tier,but he needs to delegate more of his scoring to Bynum. save his self for 4th quarter...Kobe is showing me his Basket Ball awareness isnt clear. He just needs to re-define his game.

dnl123
03-19-2012, 10:34 AM
Well my god this just proves just how much better The Bron must be then Kobe, right? lol

Lebron's at this point is better than Kobe in every single way on the basketball court. Name one thing Kobe does better at this point, and don't say scoring because Lebron's effeciency is way better than Kobe's and it's not even close.

asandhu23
03-19-2012, 10:46 AM
Lebron's at this point is better than Kobe in every single way on the basketball court. Name one thing Kobe does better at this point, and don't say scoring because Lebron's effeciency is way better than Kobe's and it's not even close.

Make clutch shots?

RaiderLakersA's
03-19-2012, 10:51 AM
It happens. Shooters shoot. The other co-captain should have pulled him aside, but clearly that didn't happen. No Fish = No one to stop Kobe, but Kobe.

MagicHero3
03-19-2012, 10:52 AM
why the hell is Steve blake starting? Mike Brown has to be the WORST coach in NBA history

cyph34
03-19-2012, 11:07 AM
OP, I've posted about this stuff too. At this point, no one, not even ownership will step to Kobe. I mean look at DH12, they're like: "we'll let you make all the decisions."

Just like you said, if Kobe were to get Bynum/Gasol the ball, they would have won EASILY. In a lot of these games, there wouldn't have been an Overtime, or they wouldn't have won by 3, because had Kobe not taken stupid tripled teamed fadeaways and fed those towers down low, it would have been a blowout. As long as they won, even by the slightest margin (when they should blow teams out), no one will care.

So what needs to happen is they need to get on a big losing streak with Kobe shooting a bad percentage and so that people will actually point the finger at Kobe. EVERYONE is afraid to call him out. This diva gets whatever he wants.

LongIslandIcedZ
03-19-2012, 11:38 AM
From what I've read and heard, they were good shots and just werent falling. As long as your getting open looks I have no problem with it, more often than not great shooters will shoot themselves out of it. If they were bad percentage shots, than thats a different story altogether. It's a bad shooting night, Bosh had a 1-18 night last year, although I doubt the OP made a thread about that at the time.

b@llhog24
03-19-2012, 12:00 PM
This week, in 'Thread Titles That Don't Surprise Anyone"...
:laugh:

This.

fresh prince
03-19-2012, 12:10 PM

It simply is harder for post players to get a high volume of shots. ESPECIALLY the way the Jazz defense was collapsing on the post.

That said Kobe should have deferred more but surprisingly he took very few bad shots of the 17 misses 80% were good looks for him.

willabeast77
03-19-2012, 12:23 PM
Kobe does this all the time. He chokes yet he continues shooting. This should be Bynum's team.

MickeyMgl
03-19-2012, 12:40 PM
Classic box score analysis. Anybody who actually watched the game could see that Bryant did not force anything. He was missing good looks. Likewise, they'd see that 9 of Bynum's field goals were alley oops and assisted dunks and layups. There's only so often in a game that somebody can create a shot for you.

SportsFanatic10
03-19-2012, 12:41 PM
You're a troll. Kobe > Wade. Deal with it.

you calling someone a troll made me laugh.

BULLSFAN0810
03-19-2012, 12:48 PM

HEY COMPUTER GUY...WATCH THE GAME. Effieciecy? IE.... i shoot 20 times down by alot... i miss alot of my shots but i go to the line due to continious foul system.

I shoot all game crunch time i bail out and pass more.20 easy layups/shots while game is going on but during 4th quarter i pass it off....

Effeiecncy and alot of these stats are for nerds who imo cant really hoop or understand why player A is greater than player B. There is a place for it to judge consistency over years but to use otherwise it can be manipulated.

i dont buy into stats that much because it doesnt record the basketball psyche.All stats show me is makes/misses. it doesnt show you the actual competitveness of the mental part of the game.

nickdymez
03-19-2012, 12:52 PM
HEY COMPUTER GUY...WATCH THE GAME. Effieciecy? IE.... i shoot 20 times down by alot... i miss alot of my shots but i go to the line due to continious foul system.

I shoot all game crunch time i bail out and pass more.20 easy layups/shots while game is going on but during 4th quarter i pass it off....

Effeiecncy and alot of these stats are for nerds who imo cant really hoop or understand why player A is greater than player B. There is a place for it to judge consistency over years but to use otherwise it can be manipulated.

i dont buy into stats that much because it doesnt record the basketball psyche.All stats show me is makes/misses. it doesnt show you the actual competitveness of the mental part of the game.

Most people on PSD ONLY judge players based on advanced stats. I've had this argument countless times with these guys.

xILLN355
03-19-2012, 12:55 PM
someone didn't watch the game and only checked the nba.com boxscore. i looked at the boxscore lastnight and thought exactly what the OP thought, "why keep shooting?" "why didn't he pass to bynum or gasol who were shooting 80%?"

then i watched the game this morning and realized he had a good shot selection except for a few. laker bigs were defended well by milsap, favors, and kanter

nickdymez
03-19-2012, 12:57 PM
someone didn't watch the game and only checked the nba.com boxscore. i looked at the boxscore lastnight and thought exactly what the OP thought, "why keep shooting?" "why didn't he pass to bynum or gasol who were shooting 80%?"

then i watched the game this morning and realized he had a good shot selection except for a few. laker bigs were defended well by milsap, favors, and kanter

Yea, Kobe was missin layups and wide open 15 footers. Had the Lakers won that, it would have been amazing. But I dont think its a big deal to people who actually watch, the man had an off night.

TheRunKiller
03-19-2012, 01:16 PM
How come every time Kobe has a poor shooting night people make a thread about it? jesus

naps
03-19-2012, 01:17 PM
It's amazing how people here are confirming that I didn't watch the game. I watch the game and I have been watching most of Lakers game and, Kobe has been an inefficient chucker the whole season. It's not just one game. Funny how they come up with "You didn't watch the game," "He's HOFer," "He has 5 rings," etc like these have anything to do with shooting 30 times while being wildy inefficient. You know they have nothing better to say when they come with these.

shep33
03-19-2012, 01:17 PM
He was bad, although he wasn't jacking, just missed gimmes. Still should've gotten it to the bigs more. Rough game, maybe the worst of his career.

Onto the next one

Hitman21
03-19-2012, 01:20 PM
How come every time Kobe has a poor shooting night people make a thread about it? jesus

Cause some people are always on a mission to prove that their favorite basketball players are better than Kobe. So they are just sitting and waiting for a bad performance. Pathetic

willabeast77
03-19-2012, 01:21 PM
Next game he'll probably do the same thing (though make mroe of his shots). And if the Lakers lose, it'd be his fault again.

Mcdoh
03-19-2012, 01:23 PM
i dont how this is a big topic.. yup probably bait thread.. players always have this kind of game.. plus it wasnt only kobe who had a bad night...

rickshaw
03-19-2012, 01:32 PM
Most people on PSD ONLY judge players based on advanced stats. I've had this argument countless times with these guys.

And you have countlessly lost them because you don't know what advanced stats are. hard to win an argument when you don't know what you're talking about.

NoahH
03-19-2012, 01:32 PM
Off night for Kobe. He still shoots too much tho.

eugene
03-19-2012, 01:33 PM
how many years left till he retires?

TmacBryant
03-19-2012, 01:45 PM
Bad night for kobe, he should have given the ball to pau/bynum at the 4-6 minute mark.

But the last 2 possessions, kobe was right in taking those shots. He made a three point play, then saved the ball on defense from going out of bounds. No one else can make their own shot on the Lakers, and they needed a three.

Avenged
03-19-2012, 04:07 PM
why the hell is Steve blake starting? Mike Brown has to be the WORST coach in NBA history

Yep. Laker fans want to believe it's because "he doesn't know the system" LOL. Which system exactly?

SteBO
03-19-2012, 04:13 PM
Sessions should be starting....He's quicker and a more capable penetrator. The only logic Brown could use for this move is the 3 point threat...

Iodine
03-19-2012, 04:15 PM
Yep. Laker fans want to believe it's because "he doesn't know the system" LOL. Which system exactly?
You ever heard of the motion offense?

It's pretty much the opposite of that

Bruno
03-19-2012, 04:21 PM
horrible shooting night. Unlike a lot of his horrible shooting nights, a LOT of his shots were actually great attempts. The majority of those bricks weren't forced, bad shots. They were shots he normally makes. His shot was very flat.

as for his season efficiency, it's a combination of two things, imo. his three point shooting, and his minutes per game. Bryant is second in minutes per game. It takes a toll on his knees and ability to elevate on jumpers. same reason why you see him taking a lot of threes. after he tore the wrist ligament in the shooting hand in the pre-season game, his three point percentage dropped to career lows.

I'm hoping that the addition of sessions allows bryants minutes to drop. it's be great if his 38.8 minutes per game could drop down to Wade levels of about 32.8 per game. but then again, bryant doesn't have the luxury of having the leagues best player to carry weight on the perimeter, he has to do it himself. brown needs to get bryants minues down. 33 year old guy with his milage shouldn't be second in the NBA in mintues per game.

ThunderousDemon
03-19-2012, 04:29 PM
us laker fans agree with you...

Speak for yourself, he wasn't making any of his shots,but you can't say that his shots weren't good ones. I know how this plays out and chances are that Kobe comes out next game and torches the other team.

Hellcrooner
03-19-2012, 04:31 PM
It's amazing how people here are confirming that I didn't watch the game. I watch the game and I have been watching most of Lakers game and, Kobe has been an inefficient chucker the whole season. It's not just one game. Funny how they come up with "You didn't watch the game," "He's HOFer," "He has 5 rings," etc like these have anything to do with shooting 30 times while being wildy inefficient. You know they have nothing better to say when they come with these.

dude, wake up, here in psd there are like 5 or 10 laker fans.

the rest, good luck trying to make them see that their idol has grown old and is destroying the team, and has been for a while now.
KObe can thank god that someone did even worse than he did in the playoffs last year, so everybody got an scapegoat to attack instead of taking a deep look into his performance..

Bruno
03-19-2012, 04:37 PM
dude, wake up, here in psd there are like 5 or 10 laker fans.

the rest, good luck trying to make them see that their idol has grown old and is destroying the team, and has been for a while now.
KObe can thank god that someone did even worse than he did in the playoffs last year, so everybody got an scapegoat to attack instead of taking a deep look into his performance..

so 'the idol' is destroying the team, except for that one time in playoffs when that other guy did even worse? fantastic.

idol might be growin' old but he's still carrying the biggest burden. he's playing 38+ minutes per game. last night wasn't about poor shot selection. it was dead legs and a flat jumper. he's playing too many minutes.

Hellcrooner
03-19-2012, 04:42 PM
so 'the idol' is destroying the team, except for that one time in playoffs when that other guy did even worse? fantastic.

idol might be growin' old but he's still carrying the biggest burden. he's playing 38+ minutes per game. last night wasn't about poor shot selection. it was dead legs and a flat jumper. he's playing too many minutes.

Idol should be taking a similar average of shots than Softie and the Pet ( not every game equal of course, go to the ones playing best deppending on the night)

And we woudl ahve a much better record.

But instead he is focusing on beating the young puppies for scoring title, and trying to catch the Women slaughter , his airness and the captain in the all time scoring list.

Avenged
03-19-2012, 04:57 PM
Doesn't matter to me if he's taking "good shots". If you're not making them, and your teammates are - DON'T SHOOT!

Marco22
03-19-2012, 05:07 PM
It will soon be over!

Abdul Mutalib
03-19-2012, 05:08 PM
I think there's 2 reasons for this:
1. He doesn't want to show signs of slowing down or declining which would presumedly prompt him to pass the 1st option/ franchise player to some1else.
2. Dude is just an assassin w/ ice in his veins and will continue to shoot no matter what even if it is detrimental. But u have have to take the bad with the good n accept the fact that he's a natural born closer and wants nothing more than to take the last shot of the game unlike other so called leaders (ie lebron).

Bruno
03-19-2012, 05:24 PM
Doesn't matter to me if he's taking "good shots". If you're not making them, and your teammates are - DON'T SHOOT!
you know that will never happen though. Weve seen this so many times. He starts 2-10. Finishes 7-10. Overall, 9/20.

what about last night would have indicated to Kobe on shot #12 that they weren't about to start falling, you know? Kobe is very streaky. these games happen.

naps
03-19-2012, 05:24 PM

Thanks Avenged24. That's what i have been saying all along. Who cares about good looks since you are not making them anyway and specially what is your teammates are hitting ?them? very simple logic. I don't know why this is so tough for some people to get a grasp on it. But of course if you are looking for excuses then you'll never get it.

Bruno
03-19-2012, 05:25 PM
Idol should be taking a similar average of shots than Softie and the Pet ( not every game equal of course, go to the ones playing best deppending on the night)
:shrug:

But instead he is focusing on beating the young puppies for scoring title, and trying to catch the Women slaughter , his airness and the captain in the all time scoring list.

so LALs record is 100% kobes fault? broaden your analysis.

Bruno
03-19-2012, 05:33 PM
Thanks Avenged24. That's what i have been saying all along. Who cares about good looks since you are not making them anyway and specially what is your teammates are hitting ?them? very simple logic. I don't know why this is so tough for some people to get a grasp on it. But of course if you are looking for excuses then you'll never get it.

that's where you and avenged are wrong. forced looks are one thing. good attempts need to be taken for the sake of offensive balance. Bryant remaining an offensive threat all game long is essential in order for the balance of the offense. if bryant becomes an obvious, unaggressive facilitator, the space made available in the post which allows Bynum and Gasol to be so efficient disappears. If Bryant doesn't attack, the bigs get doubled and tippled all game long, and their efficiency that you're bragging about drops.

by the way naps, why not mention Gasols 2012 TS% in comparison to the rest of his career? because it would narrow down our analysis to the actual problem in Laker land? Zero bench, and too many minutes for Bryant and Gasol. it's taking a hit on their efficiency.

Gasol TS%:
2009: .617
2010: .593
2011: .589
2012: .549

Gasol hasn't been a beacon of efficiency this year either. Afterall, your OP was looking to address season long efficiency, and not just the superb or terrible efficiency of one game.

Chronz
03-19-2012, 05:36 PM
Yea it does seem weird to criticize Kobe for shooting in a game in which he only took 20 of them.

Bruno
03-19-2012, 05:42 PM
Yea it does seem weird to criticize Kobe for shooting in a game in which he only took 20 of them.

nobody on this forum has been more critical of Bryants chucking for three-point land this season than I have. I've been *****ing about it all season in the laker forum.

but there's a big difference between chucking well defended threes, or chucking spin- fade aways out of bounds away from two defenders, and what happened last night. I take it that a lot of the people in this thread didn't actually watch the game last night. Kobe was missing easy, easy, jumpers and floaters in the paint. Uncontested jump-shots.

he had a truly horrible game, make no mistake about it. but the problem wasn't game plan, it was execution. sometimes, you just don't execute the way you want. and when you're 33, and 2nd in the NBA in minutes per game, that's gona happen a bit more than you'd like due to fatigue.

Brown needs to get his minutes in check big time. i expect the sessions addition to help with that. gasol is also playing too much.

kArSoN RyDaH
03-19-2012, 05:59 PM
Shots weren't falling. He missed 6 layups. And about 80% of his looks were good looks. Just an off night.

Chronz
03-19-2012, 06:03 PM
Im having trouble figuring out if Brown making Bynum the #1 post option is the best way to utilize the Lakers talent. Kobe seems to endorse it (citing Bynums aggressive mentality) but it looks to me like Pau should still be the go to guy in the post and let Bynum crash the offensive glass.

Iron24th
03-19-2012, 06:04 PM
Move on man.

C-Style
03-19-2012, 06:06 PM
THis dude just got old. can't play him 38 minutes in this ridiculous schedule

Hellcrooner
03-19-2012, 06:30 PM
that's where you and avenged are wrong. forced looks are one thing. good attempts need to be taken for the sake of offensive balance. Bryant remaining an offensive threat all game long is essential in order for the balance of the offense. if bryant becomes an obvious, unaggressive facilitator, the space made available in the post which allows Bynum and Gasol to be so efficient disappears. If Bryant doesn't attack, the bigs get doubled and tippled all game long, and their efficiency that you're bragging about drops.

by the way naps, why not mention Gasols 2012 TS% in comparison to the rest of his career? because it would narrow down our analysis to the actual problem in Laker land? Zero bench, and too many minutes for Bryant and Gasol. it's taking a hit on their efficiency.

Gasol TS%:
2009: .617
2010: .593
2011: .589
2012: .549

Gasol hasn't been a beacon of efficiency this year either. Afterall, your OP was looking to address season long efficiency, and not just the superb or terrible efficiency of one game.

well pau is playing too far from the basket by browns orders.
so take that stat with a grain on salt.

Hellcrooner
03-19-2012, 06:31 PM
Im having trouble figuring out if Brown making Bynum the #1 post option is the best way to utilize the Lakers talent. Kobe seems to endorse it (citing Bynums aggressive mentality) but it looks to me like Pau should still be the go to guy in the post and let Bynum crash the offensive glass.

yep, but sadly borwn is following orders from the stupid posh boy that hired him for the glory of his pet.

Bruno
03-19-2012, 06:32 PM

interesting. i don't know if i could say one way or another.

i'd imagine this push is being made, because of the possibility of Gasol being shipped. They needed to prime Bynum as the post guy incase that happened. Gasols disappearing act in the 2011 playoffs also had to have contributed. can he still continue to be relied on when it matters most? unfortunately, he'll have to prove that again. the whole team does. but brown was brought in to transition this into bynums team, imo. this year is just the first step.

bryants increased FGA per game aren't coming at the expense of Bynum and Paus combined FGA per game. its coming at the expense of the bench, and rightfully so.

Bruno
03-19-2012, 06:38 PM
well pau is playing too far from the basket by browns orders.
so take that stat with a grain on salt.

i have agree with you, half disagree. Yes, Bynum has become the box presence, but it's because he's better at establishing position under the basket. Gasol gets several minutes per game where he is the C, while Bynum is on the bench. He still floats around mid post and the elbow. Paus aging, he just doesn't want to put up the the punishment the box provides, and understandably so. you know as well as I do that Gasol gets knee up the *** every game, and that opposing defenses have learned that they can get away with bullying him. that's why he's not on the box as much man, he just gets punked and he rarely gets the benefit of such aggression. Bynum has taken his spot because knee up the *** doesn't work on him and he's stronger, heavier and more aggressive.

you fail to mention his FT%, something that is 100% in his hands. Gasol shot 82.3% from the line in 2011. He's shooting 77.4% from the line in 2012. that will take a toll on ones TS% as well.

Chronz
03-19-2012, 06:51 PM
i have agree with you, half disagree. Yes, Bynum has become the box presence, but it's because he's better at establishing position under the basket. Gasol gets several minutes per game where he is the C, while Bynum is on the bench. He still floats around mid post and the elbow. Paus aging, he just doesn't want to put up the the punishment the box provides, and understandably so. you know as well as I do that Gasol gets knee up the *** every game, and that opposing defenses have learned that they can get away with bullying him. that's why he's not on the box as much man, he just gets punked and he rarely gets the benefit of such aggression. Bynum has taken his spot because knee up the *** doesn't work on him and he's stronger, heavier and more aggressive.

you fail to mention his FT%, something that is 100% in his hands. Gasol shot 82.3% from the line in 2011. He's shooting 77.4% from the line in 2012. that will take a toll on ones TS% as well.
I think this is a thread worthy topic but you bring up an interesting point. Aside from his rebounding #'s, Pau's stats dont change regardless if Bynum is in the game. If anything they get worse, his assist drop and though he gets 1 shot off more per minute, his scoring rate is the same. His in the paint efficiency gos up 12% when Bynum is on the floor. Im not saying Pau is dependent on Bynum, Im saying he adapts his game to maintain a similar level of play regardless of who hes on the court with, thats how skilled he is. All that said, I still think hes been underutilized and could handle a bigger bulk of the offense if geared towards him.

Ironman5219
03-19-2012, 07:01 PM
Wondering if that had anything to do with the Jazz defense?

Evolution23
03-19-2012, 07:27 PM
Get over it!

Blitzbolt
03-19-2012, 07:31 PM
The head coach has no Balls or plays.

Game plan Lebron/Kobe ball hog the ball and try to win.The rest you get back on D.

beliges
03-19-2012, 07:55 PM
LOL at this thread. 5 time Champ, 2 time Finals MVP and one of the 6 or 7 greatest players ever has a bad game during the regular season. Funny how a Lebron fan thinks a regular season game is so important to make a thread out of it.

The dude is in his 16 season. There has never been another player of this caliber to play this well into their 16th season. Why do people, especially Lebron fans, feel the need to hate on Kobe so much?

Lim
03-19-2012, 08:02 PM
this is what i predicted would happen as kobe declined. PPG stays the same, shots per game go up, efficiency goes down. kobe would probably be really efficient if he took a lesser role and shot something like 16 shots per game while deferring to bynum. too bad his ego will never let that happen.

JJ_JKidd
03-19-2012, 09:05 PM
cause some people are always on a mission to prove that their favorite basketball players are better than kobe. So they are just sitting and waiting for a bad performance. Pathetic

puuthettic indeed!

JJ_JKidd
03-19-2012, 09:13 PM
LOL at this thread. 5 time Champ, 2 time Finals MVP and one of the 6 or 7 greatest players ever has a bad game during the regular season. Funny how a Lebron fan thinks a regular season game is so important to make a thread out of it.

The dude is in his 16 season. There has never been another player of this caliber to play this well into their 16th season. Why do people, especially Lebron fans, feel the need to hate on Kobe so much?

Because LeFool, despite all the hype he has brought upon himself and by the media, has failed to live up to expectations. Thats about it.

AIRMAR72
03-19-2012, 09:22 PM

your exactly rite, kobe has always been that WAY is objective was to out do Micheal Jordan in rings,mvp,highlights,SI covers, you name it kobe was ready for it after being gased-up by his inner circle as a youngster and that song I wanna be like MIKE is always playing in his brain but kobe has NEVER been a great shotmaker never once shot 50% in his career, he was all style to me but did got better when was 27yr or 28yr and at 34yr it dont look good for kobe signs of almost being FINISH are evident and with bynum and gasol you thought kobe would make the rite plays but that song i wanna be like mike takes over decision making on the courts lakers can still go all the if they play smart team basketball