PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Devin Harris?

NetsPaint
03-19-2012, 12:18 AM
After his All-Star season in 2008-2009, he hasn't done much. Was playing alongside Carter that much of a difference maker?

Meatmypet
03-19-2012, 12:23 AM
Injuries.

Jays Claw
03-19-2012, 12:31 AM
Injuries have been a factor. However, the fact that he plays in a system not suited for his individual points production is also a reason. Harris is ball dominant and needs to be a focal point on an offense to produce those All-Star type numbers. He hasn't been able to do that on a Utah team equally spread on offense (Jefferson, Favors, Miles, Hayward, Milsap etc.). As you would recall back in NJ, it was only Harris and Carter running the show.

Jumba
03-19-2012, 12:32 AM
I love seeing two jazz threads after they beat the Lakers...

waveycrockett
03-19-2012, 12:40 AM
Laziness and Injuries, he never put on muscle and never became a good shooter he was an inconsistent defender after he left Dallas never became a smart passer and turnover prone.He bought into the Hype after his first 2 years with the Nets that he was going to be a top-3 PG because he had a ton of freedom he didn't have with Dallas. It was sad because he was one of my favorite players. But he was LAZY. He had all the size and athleticism to be a great PG and he wasted it. He is a decent/respectable PG now but he will never be close to what he should have been.

Purugskid
03-19-2012, 12:50 AM
he just doesn't seem like a team-oriented point guard. He needs the ball in his hands to dominate.

Oldmantrash
03-19-2012, 12:51 AM
He used to go to the rim with reckless abandon, but kept getting hurt.
He's not a good enough shooter to live on the outside, and he doesn't attack rim like he used to, for fear of injury.

He did fall fast, seems like yesterday we were yelling "Thank you Cuban" over and over when we blew out Dallas.

Cal827
03-19-2012, 12:54 AM
Injuries.

Amazing. I remember saying how stupid Dallas was for trading a potential top 5 pg for one that was on the decline and likely to retire in a couple years. lol :facepalm:

JJ_JKidd
03-19-2012, 01:09 AM
Injuries.

Amazing. I remember saying how stupid Dallas was for trading a potential top 5 pg for one that was on the decline and likely to retire in a couple years. lol :facepalm:

Lol because that on-the-decline-guy was much instrumental during last year's Championship ROFL

dhopisthename
03-19-2012, 02:03 AM
well first off that one year was a fluke and he was never going to do that again. second he has two things that he is really good at 1 is the fast break which when we started the year he would wait on our players to run with him, but since he gets most of his time jefferson, millsap, josh howard, and raja bell no one would run with so that eliminated a huge part of his game, second he excels using the pick and roll and neither jefferson or millsap excel in a pick and roll situation so again that eliminated a huge part of his game and basically left him as a spot up shooter which he is starting to get a little better at with a .349% this year, but that is still not even close to a strength.

GiantsSwaGG
03-19-2012, 06:08 AM
He's playing out of position. He's a SG

reffahead
03-19-2012, 12:00 PM
Depth at pg around the league. Some players rise above mediocrity, some don't.

ahigbee
03-19-2012, 12:04 PM
He and Carter were the only options in that offense. I mean beyond them, you had a young brook lopez and a bunch of trash. He had to go nuts that season. I think the jazz team he is on has more talent around him which means he isnt needed to score 20+ a night as was needed then in NJ. I think if he was in that kind of situation again, we would see that kind of offensive output again.

BULLSFAN0810
03-19-2012, 12:07 PM
After his All-Star season in 2008-2009, he hasn't done much. Was playing alongside Carter that much of a difference maker?

He was Trash...Over rated in a weak league at the time. Always thought he was suspect. Now there is more comp he fades into the background

NoahH
03-19-2012, 01:27 PM
System guard