PDA

View Full Version : Remove Jordan and Pippen and Add Wade and Lebron to the Bulls 72 Win Season

kjoke
03-18-2012, 02:44 PM
Would they win the Championship? I'm not comparing Wade or Lebron to Jordan and Pippen, but would it be enough to win the Chip that year?

justinnum1
03-18-2012, 02:50 PM
sure

Sadds The Gr8
03-18-2012, 02:50 PM
I was stunned to see that it wasn't JordansBulls that made this thread.

But probably...

kjoke
03-18-2012, 02:51 PM
I was stunned to see that it wasn't JordansBulls that made this thread.

But probably...

:laugh2: As I was writing the title, I was telling myself I sound like JB :laugh2:

JordansBulls
They couldn't even beat Dallas last year and had a player that was a 3rd star on the team.

Hawkeye15
They would have a championship contending roster, yes.

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-18-2012, 02:52 PM
You can't just add and delete players like that. It just doesn't work. Do you think playful little kids like Wade and LeBron would be able to put Rodman into check?

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-18-2012, 02:55 PM
Also, would Wade and LeBron learn Phil's triangle that quickly?

Fargus
03-18-2012, 03:03 PM
Only if the 2011 Dallas Mavericks aren't transported back in time as well.

justinnum1
03-18-2012, 03:04 PM
They couldn't even beat Dallas last year and had a player that was a 3rd star on the team.

i knew it wouldn't be long till you would find this thread and took a shot at the heat, very ncie:clap:

giants9689
03-18-2012, 03:05 PM
probably win about 75 games.. and then choke in the playoffs to an inferior team

bholly
03-18-2012, 03:06 PM

You consider Bosh, Haslem, Bibby, Chalmers, etc to be a better supporting cast than Rodman, Longley, Kukoc, Kerr, etc? I'm surprised.

beliges
03-18-2012, 03:07 PM
Lebron and Wade together should always get you a championship. When you got two of the 3 best players in the league on the same team, theres no excuse to not win a title. The reason Lebron went to the Heat to join Wade was so it could be "easy" (his words) to win a title.

beliges
03-18-2012, 03:09 PM
You consider Bosh, Haslem, Bibby, Chalmers, etc to be a better supporting cast than Rodman, Longley, Kukoc, Kerr, etc? I'm surprised.

Jordan and Pippen demanded a kind of respect and dedication from their teammates that Lebron and Wade dont. There was no dancing on the sidelines and taking fake photos of each other and things like this. The culture around that Bulls team was different and it started with MJ and Pip. Lebron and Wade just have different personalities.

Captain Moroni
03-18-2012, 03:09 PM
Would they win the Championship? I'm not comparing Wade or Lebron to Jordan and Pippen, but would it be enough to win the Chip that year?

Who are you comparing them too? Mickey and Minnie mouse? Give it a rest. The better question would be if Phil Jackson was coaching the heat last year would they have won more than 72 games.

Captain Moroni
03-18-2012, 03:10 PM
Jordan and Pippen demanded a kind of respect and dedication from their teammates that Lebron and Wade dont. There was no dancing on the sidelines and taking fake photos of each other and things like this. The culture around that Bulls team was different and it started with MJ and Pip. Lebron and Wade just have different personalities.

No teams back then did that.

Heediot
03-18-2012, 03:14 PM
No.

That team had sick chemistry. Three of the best defenders of all time. The greatest coach of all-time. The greatest player of all-time. Nuff said.

beliges
03-18-2012, 03:14 PM
No teams back then did that.

Because the players' mentalities were different as I stated. It was more about business, especially from MJ and Pip. I think a major part of why the Bulls' supporting cast always played well was because of the leadership on that team. These new school players today dont have that kind of leadership. I dont think Lebron and Wade demand that type of respect like MJ and Pip did, or even the type of respect KG and Kobe and some of the other oldschool players still in the league do. Its different.

D Roses Bulls
03-18-2012, 03:15 PM
there are about 10 reasons why they wouldn't win, but I'll list just name a few. First of all, that was Rodman's first season with the Bulls. Rodman was still a head case and it was Michael and Scottie who Kept Rodman in check. Lebron and Wade do not have the maturity or even the balls in a sense to approach Rodman and straighten his butt up the way Jordan and Pippen did it, which leads us into another point and that is chemistry. The chemistry wouldn't be there. I also question how they would of been able to handle a 96 phil jackson always on their ***. Most importantly, I don't think Lebron or Wade could of handled how physical it was back then. They couldn't handle a no hand check rule. also the game is a lot more up tempo now a days, back then it wasn't. I don't even think the Bulls would win 60 games replacing MJ and Pippen with those two. Those players were added to compliment scottie and michael, I don't it would be the same if you added wade and lebron. bottom line answer though, they would not win a championship.

SwatTeam
03-18-2012, 03:24 PM
they would go 82-0. rodman would be put in check because lebron has cooler tattoo's than he does and knows jay-z. phil jackson would create the trapezoid instead of the triangle because lebron and wade deserve an extra angle. Steve kerr wouldn't get punched in the face, and Scottie Pippen would still be broke.

Evolution23
03-18-2012, 03:26 PM
Hell no. They would win 60 games at best.

Raph12
03-18-2012, 03:29 PM
Yes, if they had the amount of years MJ and Scottie had together, they'd win easily.

Sinestro
03-18-2012, 03:30 PM
I could see them hitting 62-65 off of sheer talent but I think they would have a difficult time winning the title

jammastershake
03-18-2012, 03:35 PM
The SuperSonics would have swept a Wade and James lead Bulls team in 1996. For real.

Sofnr
03-18-2012, 03:35 PM
I think they could contend for a championship. I don't think that team would be better then the original.

Heediot
03-18-2012, 03:36 PM
They would still contend, but they would not win 72 games. Their chances of winning the title with the switch takes a hit. Those bulls were the clear cut front runner. These new bulls would be in the mix only. They would be hard pressed to beat the magic in the east and make the finals.

Hellcrooner
03-18-2012, 03:39 PM
of course.

THose chicago teams had VERY GOOD DEPTH,, wich is what heat missed last year ( and still miss ).

BGeer091
03-18-2012, 03:39 PM
I say no!! They would not have won 72 games, or won the title. I'm sorry but Wade and LeBron are not even close to Jordan and Pippen. I feel like because its here now, that people think its the greatest duo or trio(Bosh) ever. Absolutely not!

That Bulls team was an amazing team. The important thing is that Jordan and Pippen both could close games. The Heat have a problem doing so. Jordan and Pippen were both clutch as well. Pippen IMO is the greatest perimeter defender ever. While Jordan is probably second. LeBron and Wade are considered great now because let's face it there aren't actually many good ones in the league.

Heediot
03-18-2012, 03:42 PM
I say no!! They would not have won 72 games, or won the title. I'm sorry but Wade and LeBron are not even close to Jordan and Pippen. I feel like because its here now, that people think its the greatest duo or trio(Bosh) ever. Absolutely not!

That Bulls team was an amazing team. The important thing is that Jordan and Pippen both could close games. The Heat have a problem doing so. Jordan and Pippen were both clutch as well. Pippen IMO is the greatest perimeter defender ever. While Jordan is probably second. LeBron and Wade are considered great now because let's face it there aren't actually many good ones in the league.

I agree, Jordan and Pippen are probably the two greatest perimeter defenders OF ALL_TIME. This makes a huge difference.

The attitude and confidence is also a difference. Jordan's killer instinct is unmatched. Pippen was also mentally tough.

SwatTeam
03-18-2012, 03:43 PM
Guys, here's another question, what if you took Steve Kerr and Luc Longley off the Bulls, then added Lebron and Wade to Jordan and Pippen but then you also added Bill Russell as center/assistant coach? Then you traded Pippen for Stockton and traded Lebron for Karl Malone, but you somehow figured out a way to sign Steve Kerr out of free agency? That would be crazy, its the circle of life. This would be the roster:

Stockton/Wade
Jordan/Wade (clone) /Kerr
Rodman
Malone
Bill Russell

This team could have gone 72-10 and won 3 straight championships. Wait . . . . what? I'm just being a dick.

theheatles
03-18-2012, 03:52 PM
why do ppl think wade is a ***** all of a sudden...wade is probably the most fearless and confident player in the league right now and could keep any player in check

ManRam
03-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Who knows? Anyone who says anything with complete certainty is lying to you!

They'd have a damn good shot, I will say that. That was a great roster with great role players, they might not have had a Bosh, but they had everything else you'd need.

I don't think they would have won 72 games, because I don't think those two are as hungry in the regular season as MJ and Scottie were...

sep11ie
03-18-2012, 03:57 PM
No, the game was to rough for players like that back then.

Heediot
03-18-2012, 03:58 PM
why do ppl think wade is a ***** all of a sudden...wade is probably the most fearless and confident player in the league right now and could keep any player in check

Nobody questions Wade.

sep11ie
03-18-2012, 04:00 PM

You've only been a heat fan for a few months, so let me show you why...

http://youtu.be/zbu5qKSfzb8

theheatles
03-18-2012, 04:11 PM
You've only been a heat fan for a few months, so let me show you why...

http://youtu.be/zbu5qKSfzb8

OR I've been a fan of the south florida sports teams since about 95-96' and only created an account on this site a yr ago...

and I've had my shoulder dislocated with a rotator cuff and labrum tear and know what kind of pain a shoulder injury can bring so the agony on wades face is expected

effen5
03-18-2012, 04:12 PM
No, teams like Knicks and pacers would probably beat the bulls in the playoffs

theheatles
03-18-2012, 04:14 PM
No, the game was to rough for players like that back then.

if LeBron could of played in the same era as jordan LeBron would dominate more than MJ because that would allow LeBron to show his true superior physical dominance, if LeBron would be allowed use that arm swipe like mj did it would be game over for the league

xxplayerxx23
03-18-2012, 04:15 PM
Chiago fans will say no heat fans will say yes My answer is yes

kjoke
03-18-2012, 04:19 PM
there are about 10 reasons why they wouldn't win, but I'll list just name a few. First of all, that was Rodman's first season with the Bulls. Rodman was still a head case and it was Michael and Scottie who Kept Rodman in check. Lebron and Wade do not have the maturity or even the balls in a sense to approach Rodman and straighten his butt up the way Jordan and Pippen did it, which leads us into another point and that is chemistry. The chemistry wouldn't be there. I also question how they would of been able to handle a 96 phil jackson always on their ***. Most importantly, I don't think Lebron or Wade could of handled how physical it was back then. They couldn't handle a no hand check rule. also the game is a lot more up tempo now a days, back then it wasn't. I don't even think the Bulls would win 60 games replacing MJ and Pippen with those two. Those players were added to compliment scottie and michael, I don't it would be the same if you added wade and lebron. bottom line answer though, they would not win a championship.

Although I don't agree, at least you were able to give me an expanation why

The Final Boss
03-18-2012, 04:19 PM
Lolebron and Wade would be eaten alive by both the Triangle Offense as well as by Dennis Rodman.

metsfan4ever
03-18-2012, 04:20 PM
They probably reach 72 wins the only difference is LBJ will choke in the playoffs and still come short of chip. Plain simple

TheNumber37
03-18-2012, 04:36 PM
Phil Jackson> Erik Spolstra
Dennis Rodman> Anthony+Batier+Haslem
Steve Kerr's shooting> Mike Miller, Battier

A Better question is: How many games to the Heat win if you remove Lebron and Wade and Insert Pippen and Jordan?

tredigs
03-18-2012, 04:57 PM

It's tough to say. Have MJ and Pippen still played 10 years together like they had in Chicago by the time they won 72 games?

We can't overlook how long it took MJ/Pip and some of the absolute best role players in NBA history (doesn't even feel right to call Rodman a role player. His impact absolutely ***** on Bosh given that CB4 is a 3rd option - and he is an all star) to achieve what they eventually did. There were about 7-8 years there where Jordan was continuously doubted for his inability to get past the Pistons, etc. Nobody thought a top scoring guard could lead teams to a title... until he finally did. And then it came in droves.

The correct answer is: None of us know. Way too many variables and hypotheticals to even bother dissecting.

sep11ie
03-18-2012, 05:07 PM
OR I've been a fan of the south florida sports teams since about 95-96' and only created an account on this site a yr ago...

and I've had my shoulder dislocated with a rotator cuff and labrum tear and know what kind of pain a shoulder injury can bring so the agony on wades face is expected

Yea, I've done it SEVERAL times since I've been 12 years old, and NEVER cried or ot taken away on a freaking wheelchair...

kdspurman
03-18-2012, 05:13 PM

Strongly disagree there.

Blah Blah Blah
03-18-2012, 05:16 PM
No, they would not have won 72 games nor would they win the championship. Jordan/Pippen demanded the kind of respect a lot of players now days don't except for players like Kobe/Garnett/Duncan etc. Lebron/Wade are not in that category.

Also lebron/wade are in a system where there are sooo many touch fouls to a point that where if you breathe wrong on one of them, the whistle blows, not just those two but in general. They wouldn't be able to take the contact as well i believe.

Neither one would be able to keep rodman in check, hence why rodman considers comparing lebron to pippen is an insult to pippen. and i know mostly it's the heat fans that think otherwise.

smiddy012
03-18-2012, 05:17 PM
Miami can't even put up a better record than today's Bulls. Many Heat fans love to compare their team, which has never had the best record in the East, nor won a chip, to the best dynasty of all time (which holds aplenty in these two categories). And when/if Miami wins a chip I'm rather certain Heat fans will claim them to be better than MJ's Bulls, even though most of the Miami fans on this forum weren't old enough to remember how great the Bulls were back then.

MJ/Pippen>LBJ/Wade, there's that little fact too. We're only talking about Mr. Clutch (MJ - 24-0 with homecourt) vs. Mr. Anti-clutch. Pippen and Wade is comparable as far as greatest of all time for sure.

Put MJ and Pippen on today's Heat team, thats a guarantee they'd win it all, with the best record in the East. Mental toughness and leadership goes a long way, and differentiates the very best from the best.

And seriously, with the rules they had back then, I don't even want to begin to imagine the amount of b!tching that would come from Lebron and Wade. Back then they would get touched, and it actually wouldn't be an automatic foul.