PDA

View Full Version : If every player were in their prime today, which is the best team?

lakerboy
03-17-2012, 07:18 PM
Boston will be insane.

C - JO
PF - KG
SF - Pierce
SG - Allen
PG - Rondo

SAS
C - Antonio McDyess
PF - Duncan
SF - Sjax
SG - Ginobili
PG - Tony Parker

Phoenix
C - Gortat
PF - Frye
SF - Grant Hill
SG - Michael Redd
PG - Steve Nash

OKC players havent even reached their prime yet
C - Perkins
F - Ibaka
SF - KD
SG - Harden
PG - Westbrook

LA
C - Bynum
PF - Pau
SF - World Peace
SG - KB
PG - Sessions

Miami of course
C - Prime Z Ilgauskus
PF - Bosh
SF - LBJ
SG - Wade
PG - Cole

NY
C - Chandler
PF - Amare
SF - Melo
SG - Shumpert
PG - Bibby / B-Diddy / Lin

Dallas
C - Haywood
PF - Dirk / Odom
SF - Marion
SG - Vince Carter / Jason Terry
PG - Jason Kidd

Longhornfan1234
03-17-2012, 07:19 PM
Celtics
/
thread

Lakers + Giants
03-17-2012, 07:24 PM
Big Z retired, VC is with the mavs. The answer is boston btw. Rondo, ray, pierce, KG, Oneal. Damn. Also, mavs with Kidd, VC, Marion, Dirk and the Jet. Damn.

CudiOnMyiPod
03-17-2012, 07:29 PM
Homer pick.

Dallas.

You have Mr. Triple Double and a top 5 PG of all time in Kidd.
Many people compared VC to MJ in his prime even though he wasn't close but he was still an explosive scorer.
Shawn Marion was a top 10 player in his prime and a top 3 defender.
Dirk is a top 20 player of all time.
Haywood ehhhh this kills us.

Lamar Odom and Jason Terry off of the bench!

TmacBryant
Celtics
/
thread

yeah it's gotta be the lakers or celtics.

MWP was much better back in the day, but then again KG was a beast so I got celtics winning

shep33
Boston and it isn't even close. Imagine Boston's team last year in it's prime

Pierce
Allen
Jermaine O'neal
Kevin Garnett
Oh and some guy named Shaq

bucketss
03-17-2012, 07:31 PM
clearly the celtics but the spurs would be beastly too

lakerboy
03-17-2012, 07:35 PM
Boston and it isn't even close. Imagine Boston's team last year in it's prime

Pierce
Allen
Jermaine O'neal
Kevin Garnett
Oh and some guy named Shaq

If you include Shaq then it's def. over.

But having a prime Kevin Garnett, a prime JO, Ray Allen and Pierce, wow. I mean OMFG.

BTW---> Spurs are really really good too.

itsripcity32
03-17-2012, 07:40 PM
1. Spurs
2. Lakers

3mikee_
03-17-2012, 07:40 PM
celtics would be scaryyyy

Slug3
03-17-2012, 07:42 PM
Cole for Miami? Hahaha he a rookie and is bad. Also curry would probably be the center we would use in his prime.

But I would have to give it to Boston, lakers and spurs. All 3 of those teams would be good.

looka09
03-17-2012, 07:43 PM
I hate this kind of threads.
If they were in their primes,they probably would never be on the same team.

TO Rapz
03-17-2012, 07:50 PM
Boston. I definetly think Boston would be ridiculous in their prime but like the poster above me said, it's a fantasy but it's nice to think about.

Bruno
03-17-2012, 07:54 PM
Boston, San Antonio then Dallas.

Last year, when Shaq was a Celtic, it wasn't even a debate.

Only other possibility would be LA, depending on Bynum what Bynums final peak looks like. his peak with Artests DPOY peak, and peak Bryant/Gasol could hold their weight.

For the sake of what we know I'd go Boston and San Antonio. Tough to argue against the prime-dynasty spurs here.

PocketKings
03-17-2012, 07:54 PM
Boston.

Not even close if you ask me.
Ray Ray, PP, and KG all in their prime with Rondo at PG! That's with JO putting up 25/12 in his prime! I just shat myself thinking about that.

kArSoN RyDaH
03-17-2012, 08:04 PM
Celtics
Lakers
Spurs
Dallas

CudiOnMyiPod
03-17-2012, 08:05 PM
Boston.

Not even close if you ask me.
Ray Ray, PP, and KG all in their prime with Rondo at PG! That's with JO putting up 25/12 in his prime! I just shat myself thinking about that.

O Neal never averaged 25/12

PocketKings
03-17-2012, 08:08 PM
O Neal never averaged 25/12

Sorry I exaggerated slightly he averaged about 20-10 during his prime.
Let me :facepalm: myself.

Regardless, JO + KG :drool:

PleaseBeNice
03-17-2012, 08:09 PM
10000000000000% Boston. Now if they had Shaq still, holy ****

Jenceman
03-17-2012, 08:10 PM
I forgot how good JO used to be.

NoahH
03-17-2012, 08:12 PM
ATLANTA EVERYBODY!!!

They have Stackhouse and T-Mac

Eg714
03-17-2012, 08:19 PM
The celtics would be the best team. The homer inside me wants to say the lakers because Kobe was a super beast in his prime and mwp was a dpoy.

RaiderLakersA's
03-17-2012, 08:20 PM
I'd hate to be the one in charge of payroll if all of the Celtics were in their prime.

JermanJaysFan
03-17-2012, 08:22 PM
I forgot how good JO used to be.
Yeah, he is such a shadow of what he used to be. But guy used to be a premier big.

Mr_Jones
03-17-2012, 08:25 PM
Boston Boston Boston

titties

Hawkeye15
03-17-2012, 08:42 PM
I think this is about the 10th time we have had this discussion, and Boston walks away as the winner every time in a landslide.

PhillyFaninLA
03-17-2012, 08:50 PM
OKC, Philadelphia (homer pick but the skies the limit for Turner and Holiday, who knows how good they can be in 2 or 3 years), Celtics, Spurs, Miami, and maybe Memphis

RLundi
03-17-2012, 09:02 PM
Dallas looks really good to me.

Fireworld
03-17-2012, 09:08 PM
Celtics

sunsfan88
03-17-2012, 09:20 PM
Suns.....Steve Nash, Grant Hill, Michael Redd in their prime >>>> Pierce, KG, Allen in their prime.

Dallas would be my #2, Boston's #3, Spurs are #4, and Lakers are #5.

OA SLAY
03-17-2012, 09:21 PM
If ur dad didnt have that last shOt of brandy n impregnate ur moms
Would I have clicked on this thread?

PocketKings
03-17-2012, 09:36 PM
Suns.....Steve Nash, Grant Hill, Michael Redd in their prime >>>> Pierce, KG, Allen in their prime.

:laugh:

You can't be serious?

The Final Boss
03-17-2012, 09:49 PM
I'd put my money on whichever team trotted out The Black Mamba. You think that competitive *** mother****er would let his squad lose a series like that?

theheatles
03-17-2012, 10:03 PM
luckily the heat are the only team on that list actually in their prime now :p

and in 10 yrs we can revisit this question and the heat would win in a landslide:cool:

b@llhog24
03-17-2012, 10:21 PM

Kg>Hill although Hill could've been something special
Pierce=Nash
Allen>Redd

mariner4life
03-17-2012, 10:23 PM
The Celtics and it's not even close! The big 3 were not in their prime and won a championship. One would have to assume they would of won many more if they were together from the beginning.

UPRock
03-17-2012, 10:27 PM
I go with Dallas, Kidd, Carter, Marion, Nowitzki.

Losoway
03-17-2012, 10:34 PM
the celtics in they prime would not have been able to work together

that would beee wayyyy too much ego :facepalm::facepalm:

i would say dallas by far ...Jason kidd in his prime lead the nets to a finals with a team of role players

knicksfan42
03-17-2012, 10:35 PM
I think this is about the 10th time we have had this discussion, and Boston walks away as the winner every time in a landslide.

Yep.

Rondo

Allen

Pierce

Kevin Garnett (Best PF in the league for some of his prime)

Jermaine O'Neal

All in their primes is easily the best team.

sunsfan88
03-17-2012, 10:52 PM
Kg>Hill although Hill could've been something special
Pierce=Nash
Allen>Redd
Hill in his prime was supposed to be challenging Michael Jordan for Greatest Player of All Time. Then his injuries happened but we can't take that into account here.

And let me restate, Redd playing with Nash>>Allen playing with Rondo

But I'll admit Pierce is the one player that is clearly better than any Suns.

FreakaNashur
03-17-2012, 11:02 PM
i cannot believe juwan howard wasn't mention.

mustaine
03-17-2012, 11:36 PM
i cannot believe juwan howard wasn't mention.

Heat would get better... a prime Howard, Battier and Miller would make them a lot more dangerous.

Mavs, Hawks and Suns would be great.

Sixers and Clippers would definitely get better as well. The Lakers too.

Then there is the Celtics and Spurs... would be between those two probably. Or maybe it would be the Suns... or Mavs... ahh, who knows, would be great to watch though.

Don't forget about my Bulls though... the legend Mike James and B-Scal would own the league and you know it ;)

ohreally
03-18-2012, 12:20 AM
Celtics.

mdm692
03-18-2012, 12:45 AM
im sorry but grant hill in his prime with no risk of injuries would dominate ANY sf in the game today including the self proclaimed king. Remember hill is from an era where you get smacked around and no fouls are called and like it was mentioned before he had all the tools to be the next jordan. Michael redd is no pushover either he was an elite top 3 sg for half a decade and averaged over 20ppg for 6 consecutive seasons before the injuries as well. I really have to be a homer and go with a big 3 of Nash-redd-hill.

mdm692
03-18-2012, 12:47 AM

You can't be serious?

Im not going to act like im a vet and all cause im not im only 22 but even i know grant hill pre injuries. There was a reason he was called the next jordan.

mdm692
03-18-2012, 12:49 AM
But a team that would be very hard to beat is my suns from 2008-09 season.

Nash-jrich-hill-stat-shaq

:drool:

ThuglifeJ
03-18-2012, 01:22 AM
Celtics would be impossible to beat. Only team that could do it would be Mavs, Spurs, or maybe Lakers imo.

why? top defenders at every position..dominant frontcourt..powerful backcourt. Just everything is beyond perfect for that team.

Though I would die to watch that Mavs team even more..vintage Vinsanity, Matrix, Dirk..Odom and Terry off bench not losing a beat. With KIDD running all that!? amazing.
Kidd Marion elite defenders in prime dont forget.

I woud dig that Knicks team in 2k though. Same with Suns/Hawks

ThuglifeJ
03-18-2012, 01:28 AM
btw those teams would absolutely sh** on the Heat I dont care what any of you say..all those players (besides the prime knick team) consist of not only superstars but verysmart superstars. They would run ****.

Raph12
03-18-2012, 01:35 AM
Celts

/thread

Fireworld
03-18-2012, 02:34 AM
How about the 04 Lakers

Payton
Kobe
Fox
Malone
Shaq

DasBoot
03-18-2012, 03:18 AM
It's a toss up between Boston and Dallas but I'm going Dallas. The 3 headed monster of Kidd, Carter and Dirk with Marion as a super compliment player and Odom and Terry coming off the bench is just sexy.

Also, I'm a Knick fan and right now as it is the Knicks may very well be on this list but at the bottom until proven otherwise.

DasBoot
03-18-2012, 03:21 AM
How about the 04 Lakers

Payton
Kobe
Fox
Malone
Shaq

Yeah, I'd pick that one over any of these. That was really the beginning of super teams at first then turned out to be the decline of Payton and end of Malone.

ghettosean
03-18-2012, 03:40 AM
Has to be Boston but Dallas is a close 2nd with J-Kidd at point, Dirk, Marion, Terry, VC with healthy knees that can jump over a 7ft human being... well that's some scary stuff too.

kingsdelez24
03-18-2012, 03:46 AM
Write this down...

04 kings... prime bibby, prime christie, prime peja, prime c-webb, prime vlade

And prime jackson and prime miller coming off the bench

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-18-2012, 03:51 AM
lakers

prime kobe with bynum + gasol

PocketKings
03-18-2012, 04:05 AM
Im not going to act like im a vet and all cause im not im only 22 but even i know grant hill pre injuries. There was a reason he was called the next jordan.

Rondo - Allen - Pierce vs Nash - Redd - Hill isn't so far off in which PHX owns Boston because PHX has nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing to even stop the interior of a KG/JO pairing. That pairing is absolutely lethal offensively and defensively and would help a lot.

Allen has always been a feisty shooter and is the best shooter of the group. Rondo's life would be so easy. Redd/Hill one thing working against them is that their prime wasn't long-lived.

Boston would thrash and it's not even really close. That 5 in their prime is what you would call perfect balance from all 5 positions. 0 weaknesses.

Edit: I'm a Laker fan admitting this and it pains me, but that 5 in their prime just makes me shat myself.

Heediot
03-18-2012, 06:42 AM
Celtics, damn 5 allstars on one squad.

Spurs would be a close 2nd

Their track records speaks for itself. McDyess & Duncan = best interior defense in the league. Very balanced team as well.

Heediot
03-18-2012, 06:48 AM
It's a toss up between Boston and Dallas but I'm going Dallas. The 3 headed monster of Kidd, Carter and Dirk with Marion as a super compliment player and Odom and Terry coming off the bench is just sexy.

Also, I'm a Knick fan and right now as it is the Knicks may very well be on this list but at the bottom until proven otherwise.

Kidd>Parker
Carter<Ginobli
Marion>S Jackson
Dirk<Duncan
Haywood<McDyess

I think the spurs have a better squad.

I think Ginobli in his prime has more value than Carter. Carter was sick in his prime, but he was still terrible defensively and he has never establish himself as some sort of 'winner'. Ginobli is a better defender, ball handler. The only thing that Vince has on Manu is athletic ability.

Venomous88
03-18-2012, 07:20 AM
I can I actually see the Heat winning. It's not that much of a landslide besides the PG position

Rondo/Dooling > Cole/Chalmers
Allen/Daniels < Wade/Miller
Pierce/Pietrus < James/Battier
Garnett/Bass < Bosh/Howard/Haslem
O'Neal > Curry

The ex-factor here would be Howard. He was a All-Star and 3rd NBA Team one year, so he would put the Heat over the top for me in terms of talent, but I have Boston winning in a 7 games series only because they would be flawless as they mesh well with their style of play.

thekmp211
03-18-2012, 07:29 AM
garnett would have won a ring every year in minny with that kind of supporting cast. celtics and, using a phrase i hate, it really isn't close.

thekmp211
03-18-2012, 07:30 AM

prob shoulda left that last part out. cmon now.

IndyRealist
03-18-2012, 08:08 AM
I hate this kind of threads.
If they were in their primes,they probably would never be on the same team.

The Spurs would be :)

PhillyFaninLA
03-18-2012, 09:02 AM
Celtics would be impossible to beat. Only team that could do it would be Mavs, Spurs, or maybe Lakers imo.

why? top defenders at every position..dominant frontcourt..powerful backcourt. Just everything is beyond perfect for that team.

Though I would die to watch that Mavs team even more..vintage Vinsanity, Matrix, Dirk..Odom and Terry off bench not losing a beat. With KIDD running all that!? amazing.
Kidd Marion elite defenders in prime dont forget.

I woud dig that Knicks team in 2k though. Same with Suns/Hawks

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/impossible?s=t

KnicksorBust
03-18-2012, 09:29 AM
Rondo - Allen - Pierce vs Nash - Redd - Hill isn't so far off in which PHX owns Boston because PHX has nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing to even stop the interior of a KG/JO pairing. That pairing is absolutely lethal offensively and defensively and would help a lot.

Allen has always been a feisty shooter and is the best shooter of the group. Rondo's life would be so easy. Redd/Hill one thing working against them is that their prime wasn't long-lived.

Boston would thrash and it's not even really close. That 5 in their prime is what you would call perfect balance from all 5 positions. 0 weaknesses.

Edit: I'm a Laker fan admitting this and it pains me, but that 5 in their prime just makes me shat myself.

Nice post. The Suns 1-2-3 spots are very underrated in this discussion but you still can't make an argument for them as the best 5 (sorry Suns fans) because as PK says they have nothing to stop the KG/JO pairing. Gortat is having a great season but we can't put him in this discussion. It's not close.

BOSTONMARC
03-18-2012, 09:56 AM
Boston with out a doubt, everyone in that line up , at the prime in their career was consistanly averaging 20+, kg and jo in the front line defensively, would be ridiculous... allen in his prime still the same shooter, but even quicker..have fun guarding that.. and same with pierce, id be like giving him an extra boost of lift and speed, and then they would all be able to run at the same pace with rondo!.....

BOSTONMARC
03-18-2012, 10:00 AM
and dont forget about atlanta too..... JOSH SMITH, JOE JOHNSON, TRACY MCRADY!!( PEOPLE FORGET OUT GOD LIKE THE GUY USED TO BE!) HORFORD, TEAGUE...CAN YOU SAY TRACK MEET

roshan3ai
03-18-2012, 12:45 PM
I got the Celtics as the runaway number one, but Dallas is also a really nice squad to think about.

VC-Dirk is a lethal scoring combo with a prime JKidd running point and Shawn Marion running that break with VC and JKidd. That would be nasty. The downfall of that squad would be Haywood. He was solid in his prime, not anything to write home about though. Still, that team would score a crazy amount of points. Would be a fun team. But still, a KG-Pierce-Allen-JO-Rondo team in their prime takes it

BradfordIsElite
03-18-2012, 12:53 PM
Boston looks pretty good..

LA with Kobe and Metta in their primes..along with Pau and Bynum, would be unstoppable. San Antonio wouldn't be too bad either.

And by prime, you mean someone like Stat before his knee injuries, wow.. they'd be preeetty good themselves as well.

Fact is, all those teams would be wrecking balls.

ThuglifeJ
03-18-2012, 01:03 PM
and dont forget about atlanta too..... JOSH SMITH, JOE JOHNSON, TRACY MCRADY!!( PEOPLE FORGET OUT GOD LIKE THE GUY USED TO BE!) HORFORD, TEAGUE...CAN YOU SAY TRACK MEET

Dont forget jerry stackhouse!

marferrer
03-18-2012, 01:59 PM
Celtics.. hands down.

DasBoot
03-18-2012, 02:24 PM
[/B]

prob shoulda left that last part out. cmon now.

Nah man... I speak the truth. The ONLY proven winner on the Knicks is Chandler who's also having a career year and if not DPOY than definitely all defensive team. He along with Woodson have changed the defensive dynamics of the Knicks. Amare is slowly getting back to form and is unstoppable 100% but needs to stop with the matador D.. Melo is as close to Kobe as you can get on offense but a better 3 point shot (Kobe runs circles around him on D though), Fields and Shump are still unproven though I see flashes of Starks in Shump and B-Diddy even in his prime has more holes in his defense than a guidos over ecstasy'd brain and Lin's potential is up in the air. He's really a rookie and he shows signs of greatness but will pick up his dribble too early and get his ankles broken on D two or three times a game. Listen, the team is capable of great things and should be right up there if not smack dab in the middle of Miami and Chicago... but they need to prove themselves and stop acting like a hormonal 16 year old girl. Up and down, up and down, up and down.

How about this one for players in their prime:
Patrick Ewing/Marcus Camby
Larry Johnson/Kurt Thomas
Latrell Sprewell
Allan Houston
Ward - I think Ward kind of cancels it out.

Mcdoh
03-18-2012, 02:43 PM
i say boston..

HowFit
03-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Def the Celts but let's not forget about em Hawks

Johnson
McGrady
Stackhouse
Smith
Horford

Hinrich
Teague

jsthornton7
03-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Just for those who have forgotten the greatness of grant hill with detroit, the guy was a walking triple double, a dominate post player and he could get to the rim with the best of them.

in 1997 he averaged 21ppg 9rpg and 6.8 apg along with 1.8 spg. the guy was a monster

xxplayerxx23
03-18-2012, 04:58 PM
I can I actually see the Heat winning. It's not that much of a landslide besides the PG position

Rondo/Dooling > Cole/Chalmers
Allen/Daniels < Wade/Miller
Pierce/Pietrus < James/Battier
Garnett/Bass < Bosh/Howard/Haslem
O'Neal > Curry

The ex-factor here would be Howard. He was a All-Star and 3rd NBA Team one year, so he would put the Heat over the top for me in terms of talent, but I have Boston winning in a 7 games series only because they would be flawless as they mesh well with their style of play.

Sorry but no chance would the heat even take the series to 7. Celtics win in 5 or 6
Rondo is way better then cole, Allen in his prime wasnt that far off wade, pierce gives bron trouble now imagen in his prime lol did you really say bosh was anywhere near garnett in his prime and Oneal ***** on curry. Im sorry but Celtics team would be un beatable, Spurs and dallas right there. I like dallas, dirk, Kidd, and carter also them and the celtics in the finals every year

blastmasta26
03-18-2012, 05:06 PM
I'm so pissed you can't edit ages in 2k12. I'm dying to go create an association with all these teams in their primes and playing in the playoffs with Boston, Dallas, San Antonio, LA, and...the Knicks. :hide:

bucketss
03-18-2012, 05:31 PM
kg and oneal interior scoring and defense wow they would just be too much especially how intense kg, a prime ray allen!!! this guy was insane back in the day hitting ridicoulous threes but this time most of them would be wide open with rondo setting them up, than you have pierce that celtics squad would be nearly impossible to stop defensively they would be amazing too

PocketKings
03-18-2012, 05:40 PM
1. Boston

2a. Dallas
2b. San Antonio

4. Los Angeles

That's the way I see it.

Problem with Atlanta though is they have amazing perimeter in JJ/McGrady/Stack but in their primes Smith/Horford would get absolutely poo'd on by KG/JO, TD/McDeyes (spell check), Pau/Bynum.

xxplayerxx23
03-18-2012, 05:44 PM
Knicks dont have a bad team in there prime either :D

Ebbs
03-18-2012, 06:33 PM
Honestly it would be

Boston/Dallas/Miami

in some order.

Becks2307
03-18-2012, 10:36 PM
Tmac could do WORK with the defensive players on the Hawks backing him up
and joe johnson as well, I'm telling you Tmac was AMAZING this would have easily been the most talented team he had ever been on, they might have been able to do some damage.

UnWantedTheory
03-20-2012, 03:33 AM
Boston Spurs Mavs

Patman
03-20-2012, 07:48 AM

Not if you take the Spurs roster with McDyess and Sjax in their primes, McDyess was 20/12 at his best. never Liked Sjax but at his best he was a lock down defender and could score.

IF the Celtics still have Shaq, then it's no question but without him an d the 2 spurs listed in the OP it will get close.

Rockwilderz
03-20-2012, 05:02 PM
I like my SPURS - a prime Mcdyess *DANGER*

but Im liking the SUNS as well. - Prime Grant Hill *whew* its over!