PDA

View Full Version : back-to-back-to-backs

mdm692
03-17-2012, 03:51 AM
So far only 4 teams have won all 3 games of their back-to-back-to-backs(the bulls, the heat, the thunder and *gasps* the suns.) so i ask what does this say about the teams.

jsthornton7
03-17-2012, 03:54 AM
says absolutely nothing

NoahH
03-17-2012, 04:05 AM
Says they are the best three teams in the NBA

smiddy012
03-17-2012, 04:10 AM

you are the ****.

mdm692
03-17-2012, 04:17 AM

you mean the suns, thunder and bulls right?? :P jk. I guess what im trying to say is that if that stats is overrated or if its actually something to give credit for.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-17-2012, 04:23 AM
It says 3 teams are at the top of the league while it says the other team got lucky.

LakersIn5
03-17-2012, 04:36 AM
it says that steve nash should be in the mvp race for giving the lowly suns a chance to make the playoffs in the west. he is making gortat look like an all star, he is making his other teamates look decent. and the suns are just 2 games behind to bring a team of gortat, frye, hill, dudley, shannon, redd, morris to the playoffs. im rooting for them to make the playoffs as nash should be rewarded for carrying that team. without nash that team would be competing for the no.1 pick in the draft.

mdm692
03-17-2012, 05:57 AM
it says that steve nash should be in the mvp race for giving the lowly suns a chance to make the playoffs in the west. he is making gortat look like an all star, he is making his other teamates look decent. and the suns are just 2 games behind to bring a team of gortat, frye, hill, dudley, shannon, redd, morris to the playoffs. im rooting for them to make the playoffs as nash should be rewarded for carrying that team. without nash that team would be competing for the no.1 pick in the draft.

this. Kind of off topic but very good point. And shannon brown very underrated.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-17-2012, 06:34 AM
nothing, if you dont tell us which teams they beat

tredigs
03-17-2012, 07:10 AM

Jazz Clips and Pistons. They beat the Clippers without Nash also.

Anyway, OP it means nothing other than you trying to give some praise to the Suns in a season where they are in the worst place a team can be at in the NBA (just a couple games of the playoffs). Warriors know it well. Enjoy.

mdm692
03-17-2012, 07:13 AM

well for heat, bulls, thunder you can go to their respective home pages and look at their schedules lol. For the suns they beat utah at home they went to la and beat the clippers while nash and hill sat out(brian cook disnt play due to the trade to acquire young so maybe thats why) then came back and beat detroit at home.

mdm692
03-17-2012, 07:15 AM
Jazz Clips and Pistons. They beat the Clippers without Nash also.

Anyway, OP it means nothing other than you trying to give some praise to the Suns in a season where they are in the worst place a team can be at in the NBA (just a couple games of the playoffs). Warriors know it well. Enjoy.

:facepalm: how am i trying to give praise im just trying to see what people think about it nobody really has talked about the schedule and the toll it has taken on the players. Heck you can see blake griffin gasping for air almost every 4th qtr.

DenButsu
03-17-2012, 07:17 AM
If you don't look at the larger context of the schedule it definitely says absolutely nothing at all.

I mean, it's a nice accomplishment in any event. Woo-hoo.

It's a slightly bigger deal if that b2b2b were games 3, 4 and 5 of a 4-in-5, than if they had 2 or 3 prior days of rest.

And ultimately no statistically significant results can be determined based on any data that's limited to such a small sample size of games.

tredigs
03-17-2012, 07:40 AM
:facepalm: how am i trying to give praise im just trying to see what people think about it nobody really has talked about the schedule and the toll it has taken on the players. Heck you can see blake griffin gasping for air almost every 4th qtr.

Nobody has talked about the schedule? I hear it talked about every day dude... and rightfully so.

I'm not sure what you're actually looking for out of this thread though? Those teams won 3 games in 3 nights. Awesome.

Did you offer any other context to the thread? E.g. who they played? Home/Away games? Other teams missing stars or on back to backs themselves, etc.?

It's just a shortsighted thread that seems (blatantly) to have little point other than you as a Sun fan trying to lump your boys in with the elite of the league.

king4day
03-17-2012, 09:29 AM
Regardless who it's against, it's still an impressive feat. You get very tired after one game, so to play as well as we saw the Suns play was impressive.
Plus, we're talking the 3 top records in the NBA...and the Suns. Soooo clearly we are in the same category :).

But seriously, this Suns team is starting to make some noise. The upcoming road trip could get everyones attention if it's successful.

It also sounds like people are upset about this thread. So, now back to our regularly scheduled Lebron, Heat, Bulls, Rose, lakers, Howard, threads. enjoy

sunsfan88
03-17-2012, 02:14 PM
Just an FYI, but Suns are 8-2 since All Star break, SECOND BEST RECORD SINCE THE BREAK....Only Bulls are doing better.

Just sayin. Carry on.

So Sessions is really that good eh? Oopps sorry wrong thread.

:D

CudiOnMyiPod
03-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Nice run by PHX but they really aren't a threat to any of the 8 teams in the playoffs now.

mdm692
03-17-2012, 02:32 PM
Isnt lowry out for approx 3 weeks. And denver traded nene for the smartest player in nba. Oh and we play them both at least 2 times if im not mistaken so anything can happen.

DenButsu
03-17-2012, 02:36 PM
The biggest tragedy in all this is that Steve Nash - and I commend him for this, but... - is loyal to a fault. He deserves to be traded to a contender for a legit shot at a ring. But the Suns will never trade him because he's the only thing driving ticket and merch sales, and filling seats. And he won't demand a trade because he's a good dude.

The landscape of the NBA could have changed this season if he'd landed on a contender. But if he doesn't get moved this summer, he's gonna get Barkely'd.

Matrix3132
03-17-2012, 02:41 PM
The biggest tragedy in all this is that Steve Nash - and I commend him for this, but... - is loyal to a fault. He deserves to be traded to a contender for a legit shot at a ring. But the Suns will never trade him because he's the only thing driving ticket and merch sales, and filling seats. And he won't demand a trade because he's a good dude.

The landscape of the NBA could have changed this season if he'd landed on a contender. But if he doesn't get moved this summer, he's gonna get Barkely'd.

He won't "get moved" this summer since he's an unrestricted free agent

justinnum1
03-17-2012, 02:43 PM
means nothing, whats really impressive tho is the heat won all 3 on the road,(not sure if someone else did that too) but i really dont think you can take much from this

NBAfan4life
03-17-2012, 02:45 PM
Regardless who it's against, it's still an impressive feat. You get very tired after one game, so to play as well as we saw the Suns play was impressive.
Plus, we're talking the 3 top records in the NBA...and the Suns. Soooo clearly we are in the same category :).

But seriously, this Suns team is starting to make some noise. The upcoming road trip could get everyones attention if it's successful.

It also sounds like people are upset about this thread. So, now back to our regularly scheduled Lebron, Heat, Bulls, Rose, lakers, Howard, threads. enjoy

Agreed. There is so much hate in this forum.

DenButsu
03-17-2012, 10:13 PM
He won't "get moved" this summer since he's an unrestricted free agent

Okay, thanks for the correction. But still, I think he's so loyal that he'll re-sign with Phoenix unless they encourage him to go chase a ring to end his career on a high note. Which they won't.

sunsfan88
03-17-2012, 11:09 PM
Nice run by PHX but they really aren't a threat to any of the 8 teams in the playoffs now.

Really? Rockets seem to dropping.....Dallas has a very tough stretch coming up...Denver just traded a big part of their team....Memphis isn't looking too good either.

I think Suns can at least get the #8 seed if they keep up this level of play.

effen5
03-17-2012, 11:40 PM
means nothing, whats really impressive tho is the heat won all 3 on the road,(not sure if someone else did that too) but i really dont think you can take much from this

Bulls won three straight and 5 in 6 nights.

justinnum1
03-17-2012, 11:59 PM
Bulls won three straight and 5 in 6 nights.

yea, thunder too, but i think the heat were the only team to win all 3 on the road, i could be wrong on that tho...

like i said, doesn't mean a whole lot, just impressive