PDA

View Full Version : Do you listen to Sports Radio?

Chronz
03-16-2012, 07:20 PM
Thinking about getting an app to keep me busy on a coming road trip, want to know which stations have the best sports shows.

Living in LA I have to say Max and Marcellus are really entertaining, Max is interesting to list to. They are by far the best I have heard but Ive only listened to 3 or so stations.

BleedingGreen9
03-16-2012, 07:25 PM
I have tuneinradio app on my fone I don't even listen to music anymore just. Sports talk

tredigs
03-16-2012, 07:26 PM
Not sure about sports radio, but I listen to a variety of podcasts (half of which are radio shows minus the adds) and sports wise the 'Dan Patrick Show' is easily the best I know of that do a daily. He has his own app so you can download it near instantly. He won't get too in depth, but he always has good guests and the banter with the Dannettes is good stuff.

Iodine
03-16-2012, 07:28 PM
I listen to podcasts and the scott van pelt show/Freddie Coleman, thats about it sports talk wise. I don't know about local stations though, because I live in the middle of ****ing nowhere

So many of them are just shock comment spewing *******s (See: Colin Cowherd calling John Wall the N word) that it's hard to say

Iodine
03-16-2012, 07:28 PM
Not sure about sports radio, but I listen to a variety of podcasts (half of which are radio shows minus the adds) and sports wise the 'Dan Patrick Show' is easily the best I know of that do a daily. He has his own app so you can download it near instantly. He won't get too in depth, but he always has good guests and the banter with the Dannettes is good stuff.

Dan Patrick isnt sports, Dan Patrick is god

C-Style
03-16-2012, 07:29 PM
Thinking about getting an app to keep me busy on a coming road trip, want to know which stations have the best sports shows.

Living in LA I have to say Max and Marcellus are really entertaining, Max is interesting to list to. They are by far the best I have heard but Ive only listened to 3 or so stations.

Marcellus and Max don't know **** about basketball, I like Ireland

thekmp211
03-16-2012, 07:34 PM
am 660 in NYC is WFAN, "the flagship station for new york sports". if you've never had the pleasure of enjoying the mike francesa show, i suggest tuning in once to say you have.

h2r09
03-16-2012, 07:36 PM
dan lebatard show if you like guys who don't take sports seriously. great show and hilarious.

cheaptrikz
03-16-2012, 07:37 PM
Here in chicago i listen to ESPN 1000: Waddle & Silvy and Carmen, Jurko & Harry. I dont listen to all of it but i try to catch as much during my commute hours.

Iodine
03-16-2012, 07:37 PM
dan lebatard show if you like guys who don't take sports seriously. great show and hilarious.

There is so much wrong with this.

Hawkeye15
03-16-2012, 08:04 PM
yahoo sports radio and a local Houston station, 790am

Rad_Racing
03-16-2012, 08:06 PM
I used to listen to XTRA Sports 690 (SD/LA) nearly 20 years ago and totally stopped.

Then last year I cut-back on listening to music in my car. I started listening to Mason and Ireland (used to listen to their morning show back in '95ish). Then started listening to Max and Marcellus. It's funny because it's rare that I watch ESPN, but listen to 710ESPN about 2 hours a week.

justjames
03-16-2012, 08:06 PM
I like Max & Marcellus and Stephen A Smith on occasion.

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-16-2012, 08:25 PM
Max&Marcellus, followed by Mason&Ireland

DerekRE_3
03-16-2012, 08:30 PM
I have tuneinradio app on my fone I don't even listen to music anymore just. Sports talk

That app is amazing.

iliketurtles24
03-16-2012, 08:45 PM
espn radio

SportsAndrew25
03-16-2012, 08:51 PM
Yes. I love WFAN and 1050 ESPN.

SportsAndrew25
03-16-2012, 08:52 PM
Here in chicago i listen to ESPN 1000: Waddle & Silvy and Carmen, Jurko & Harry. I dont listen to all of it but i try to catch as much during my commute hours.who is that hot piece of *** in your sig? :drool:

theheatles
03-16-2012, 08:55 PM
Dan LeBatard and Stugotz 790 the ticket ftw or you can d/l the espn radio app and listen to any espn affiliated show

6-10am jorge sedano 790
10-1pm cowherd espn
1-4pm svp show espn (rusillo is the **** even though he's a boston homer)
3-7pm LeBatard 790

Kashmir13579
03-16-2012, 10:52 PM
wfan

Angry Norwegian
03-16-2012, 11:04 PM
Wfan except for Fatcesa, guy is as big of a douche as they come.

BcEuAbRsS
03-16-2012, 11:29 PM
670 The Score for Chicago-land... the 1-6 show is the absolute best, they are funny and 100% objective unlike most Chicago fans...

SouthSideRookie
03-17-2012, 02:31 AM
yahoo sports radio and a local Houston station, 790am

Charlie Pallilo from 3-7 is outstanding.

WaltonSystem
03-17-2012, 02:39 AM
I have a iPhone and usually download shows from iTunes.
Right now i've been listening to West Coast Bias Show. Pretty entertaining stuff.

Chronz
03-17-2012, 02:56 AM
What phone?

Marcellus and Max don't know **** about basketball, I like Ireland
I like to listen moreso for the entertainment than anything else, I dont think these guys can provide any real insight that I havent already heard regurgitated elsewhere. Dont get me wrong, if Im driving somewhere I actually enjoy Ireland on the play by play, but when it comes to expressing their opinions, M&M brings the fire and passion.

But yes, if I had to pick one of them to run my team, I would lean towards Ireland but I dont know them much.

I do the same, usually come weekends I throw on everything thats been said this week.

ChiSox219
03-17-2012, 11:47 AM
Chronz have you heard the NBA.com Hangtime podcast?

Also, Bill Simmons has some interesting NBA interviews recently.

FlakeyFool
03-17-2012, 11:50 AM
colin cowherd

The Final Boss
03-17-2012, 12:08 PM

lol The Dan Patrick Show sucks. It's a self-serving platform for Patrick to get his load off while putting down his cronies. The majority of the time they aren't even talking about sports.

jp611
03-17-2012, 12:08 PM

I hate ESPN but I bought the ESPN app for 3 bucks and listen to the local Chicago espn radio and I enjoy that... Its definitely worth the 3 dollars

Corey
03-17-2012, 12:10 PM
Dan Patrick or bust

The Final Boss
03-17-2012, 12:10 PM
Dan LeBatard and Stugotz 790 the ticket ftw or you can d/l the espn radio app and listen to any espn affiliated show

6-10am jorge sedano 790
10-1pm cowherd espn
1-4pm svp show espn (rusillo is the **** even though he's a boston homer)
3-7pm LeBatard 790

Cowherd is an idiot. You're, honestly, the first person I've ever heard recommend him.

Corey
03-17-2012, 12:11 PM

Dan Patrick isnt sports, Dan Patrick is god

This . So much this.

Iodine
03-17-2012, 12:12 PM
Cowherd is an idiot. You're, honestly, the first person I've ever heard recommend him.

BUT HE CALLS PEOPLE THE N WORD!!!!!

Seriously Cowherd is a tool

The Final Boss
03-17-2012, 12:14 PM
Mason&Ireland

Two more idiots who suck... And don't even get me started on how lousy Ireland's play by play is for Lakers games. The Loose Cannons where good when they had Steve Hartman, Vic "The Brick" Jacobs, and Mychal Thompson.

ZHawk1123
03-17-2012, 12:18 PM
WEEI... To, at and from work.

StriveGreatness
03-17-2012, 12:35 PM
Love the DP Show.

Chronz
03-17-2012, 12:37 PM
Chronz have you heard the NBA.com Hangtime podcast?

Also, Bill Simmons has some interesting NBA interviews recently.
Definitely on top of the BS Report, but I honestly never visit nba.com

PS When did the psd app get ads?

Chronz
03-17-2012, 12:40 PM

I hate ESPN but I bought the ESPN app for 3 bucks and listen to the local Chicago espn radio and I enjoy that... Its definitely worth the 3 dollars
Yeah I saw that app, I was hoping to find a way to download them some other way but I may end up paying for the simplicity of it

TopsyTurvy
03-17-2012, 01:27 PM
NPW Podcasts or shows from:

http://www.vintageradioshows.com/

The only sports radio I listen to is the local guys on Chicago's AM670 if they are talking about something other than baseball.

Hawkeye15
03-17-2012, 02:30 PM
Charlie Pallilo from 3-7 is outstanding.

he is long winded, but he knows his stuff about literally every sport. I like Lance Zierlein in the morning as well.

tredigs
03-17-2012, 02:55 PM
lol The Dan Patrick Show sucks. It's a self-serving platform for Patrick to get his load off while putting down his cronies. The majority of the time they aren't even talking about sports.

You are actually the first person I've ever seen who doesn't rave about the DP show. I'd say you're almost entirely wrong in your analysis of the show - other than it being 'self serving'. No **** it's self serving, what else would your own tv/radio show be expected as? And clearly on the 'majority of the time they aren't talking about sports' point you're oddly wrong (have you listened to more than one show? Sports and sports stories are 90-95% of the discussion). But to each their own. I will agree that he's pompous to a fault at times and the Dannettes can come off too weak for their own good, so I could see how that would turn someone off. Personally I think it's all good natured and the guy seems like a hell of a boss, so I can look past it easily. Plus, Patrick holds an interview better than anyone else I know of in the sports realm. Which, when you're interviewing sports figures, can often be a hell of a task.

So, who are your favorites?

Lab Rat Robby
03-17-2012, 07:26 PM
ticket 760 in san antonio. or i heart radio app if i have to leave town. dan patrick, jim rome, and a localish style dude named mike taylor. all good shows. night and weekends can be rough though. a lot of live longhorn broadcasts or car racing shows ahhhhhh!

JWO35
03-17-2012, 07:30 PM
Does Mike & Mike in the Morning count? :shrug:
I listen to them basically every weekday waking up

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-17-2012, 07:53 PM
It's pretty much all I listen to. Love Max & Marcellus. Max is pretty funny. But Chronz, I have always wondered how a Clipper fan feels about talk radio in L.A. They pretty much only talk about the Lakers all day every day. Max at least covers the Clipps a little, but for the most part it would get pretty annoying if I was not a Laker fan

Redskins10
03-17-2012, 08:08 PM
I listen to the NBA today podcast, the Jalen Rose podcast, BS report, Hangtime podcast and my personal favorite: The Basketball Jones podcast. I don't listen to sports radio at all really, just online podcasts.

Method28
03-17-2012, 09:21 PM
Tune-In Radio is the **** bro. Go with that. Free and u.have.access to alllll the espn podcasts and u can chime into any sportstalk radio channel across the states.

Iodine
03-17-2012, 09:23 PM
TBJ :drool:

theheatles
03-17-2012, 09:25 PM

he's absolutely an arrogant pompous wannabe high brow idiot, but his show is entertaining and it's aired down in south florida on 790 the ticket, so i listen to his show

h2r09
03-17-2012, 09:26 PM
Two more idiots who suck... And don't even get me started on how lousy Ireland's play by play is for Lakers games. The Loose Cannons where good when they had Steve Hartman, Vic "The Brick" Jacobs, and Mychal Thompson.

man people like you are so unbelievably douchy. if you don't like it, it doesn't mean the people talking are idiots and it doesn't mean you have to listen.

if you said it once, ok, but you have said it to like 5 shows people have recommended. you try doing one of those shows for 1 day and then get back to me.

h2r09
03-17-2012, 09:29 PM

lebatard is great. hilarious show. you probably would rather listen to 2 guys who have no more knowledge then any of their listeners opine endlessly for 4 hours about who has the best rotation in the nl east though. that kind of boring sports talk is straight up stupid.

Angelus™
03-17-2012, 09:49 PM
I listen to Max & Marcellus usually along with Mason & Ireland. Both great to listen to on ESPN LA Radio. Sometimes i catch Stephen A. Smith as well.

On Fox Sports Radio, i also listen to JT The Brick.

celmxc
03-17-2012, 10:48 PM

Ugh... i hate those guys they are homers... listen to mike & mike espn radio they cover everything

NBA_Starter
03-17-2012, 10:56 PM
Sometimes but just local stuff

celmxc
03-17-2012, 10:57 PM
It's pretty much all I listen to. Love Max & Marcellus. Max is pretty funny. But Chronz, I have always wondered how a Clipper fan feels about talk radio in L.A. They pretty much only talk about the Lakers all day every day. Max at least covers the Clipps a little, but for the most part it would get pretty annoying if I was not a Laker fan

Hell yes its annoying... lol and when they mention clippers its only to make fun ... or briefly mention scores ... :facepalm:

jp611
03-17-2012, 11:16 PM

lebatard is great. hilarious show. you probably would rather listen to 2 guys who have no more knowledge then any of their listeners opine endlessly for 4 hours about who has the best rotation in the nl east though. that kind of boring sports talk is straight up stupid.

Lebatard is the worst, he's just awful... Stugotz, oh wow, the guy is full of fail

LOOTERX9
03-17-2012, 11:21 PM
Yes I listen and I HATE Wfan's Mike Francessa's Fat Pompus ***

Chronz
03-17-2012, 11:23 PM
I never thought about it, I always just thought of it as a Lakers show because they are both LAL fans. Tho they do mention us once in awhile, they mention other teams too

CubbieBlueprint
03-18-2012, 12:07 AM
Waddle & Silvy from ESPN in Chicago are great. NFL biased but still good homerism. Daily listen and I live in Europe

ManRam
03-18-2012, 12:10 PM
I do...mainly because my car speakers are really awful and listening to music on them sucks. I also have a 50 minute commute to work each way.

Pittsburgh's local sports talk radio, 93.7 The Fan, is really, really good. I love the personalities they have and they do a great job covering what they need to cover. Unfortunately, that means a mention of the NBA maybe once a day, if that, and it also means a lot of Steeler talk. I still enjoy it even though they rarely talk about what I want to hear. I'm cool with the Penguins and the Pirates, so I enjoy that.

Sometimes I'll listen to Mike and Mike in the morning as well...and I love the DP show. Might try getting into podcasts and listening to them on the way to work. I love Simmons, so maybe some of his...

I need more NBA talk though. I'm getting a new car soon, and will get satellite radio to go with it...maybe that will help (I know nothing about satellite radio channels though...but I assume they have some good sports stuff).

Iodine
03-18-2012, 12:32 PM

You must think Dane Cook and Carlos Mencia are hilarious.

I would rather listen to people with insight and you know facts than some guy who is all gimmicks and his idiotic father

Hawkeye15
03-18-2012, 12:47 PM

I would rather listen to people with insight and you know facts than some guy who is all gimmicks and his idiotic father

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKC4glL7P2k

Iodine
03-18-2012, 01:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKC4glL7P2k

Hahahahahhahahahahahaha yes

thekmp211
03-18-2012, 01:14 PM
lebatard is so annoying. how does his TV show exist? as a serious question. how does that idea run up the chain of command, get funding, get previewed AND be approved by a group of supposedly fully functioning human beings?

i actually don't hate him when he isn't being a moron, but thats 99% of the time so i don't watch. his father being on the show is just inexplicable in every sense of the word.

ChicagoJ
03-18-2012, 01:42 PM
NPW Podcasts or shows from:

http://www.vintageradioshows.com/

The only sports radio I listen to is the local guys on Chicago's AM670 if they are talking about something other than baseball.

I don't dislike baseball, but I'm the same way. My main sports are the nfl and the nba. Sometimes it seems they talk baseball non stop almost all year around. Drives me crazy.

h2r09
03-18-2012, 09:31 PM

1. how is he all gimmicks?

2. his father isn't on his radio show

the show doesn't just do the normal, boring, repetitive sports talk. much better.

h2r09
03-18-2012, 09:34 PM
Lebatard is the worst, he's just awful... Stugotz, oh wow, the guy is full of fail

if you think the thing him and hochman were doing on waddle and silly was serious then they accomplished exactly what they were trying to do. annoy you.

jut about nothing they said in that little radio fight was serious on their part. that was what they were doing and it ties in with the show and what it is about. not being so serious about sports.

h2r09
03-18-2012, 09:35 PM
lebatard is so annoying. how does his TV show exist? as a serious question. how does that idea run up the chain of command, get funding, get previewed AND be approved by a group of supposedly fully functioning human beings?

i actually don't hate him when he isn't being a moron, but thats 99% of the time so i don't watch. his father being on the show is just inexplicable in every sense of the word.

the tv show is funny. the interviews are the best in sports. learning more about the athletes than asking them the same questions they answer every time they speak to the press that nobody really cares about their answer for.

maybe it will start to suck though now that javale mcgee can't do his antics on the wizards anymore.

Lloyd Christmas
03-19-2012, 02:00 AM
Yeah I listen to local San Francisco sports talk. As long as its not Fitz and Brooks its decent.

Corey
03-19-2012, 02:11 AM
the tv show is funny. the interviews are the best in sports. learning more about the athletes than asking them the same questions they answer every time they speak to the press that nobody really cares about their answer for.

maybe it will start to suck though now that javale mcgee can't do his antics on the wizards anymore.

Someone likes Dan Lebatard?

First time for everything, I suppose.

jam
03-19-2012, 04:13 AM
WFAN is pretty cool. I'm surprised by NY sports talk radio. I keep expecting "jerky boys" type hilarity and over the top madness. For the most part, both callers and hosts are level headed and often offer some really good breakdowns.

FlakeyFool
03-19-2012, 01:57 PM

Man you clearly are very smart. What channel are you on?

NoahH
03-19-2012, 01:59 PM
There's only like one sports radio station up here smh