PDA

View Full Version : General Consensus On Portland's Blow Up

JasonJohnHorn
03-16-2012, 05:47 PM
Firing Nate (who is one of the better coaches in the league), waive Oden, trade Camby and Wallace for picks. They dont have a GM or a coach, their franchise player got amnestied and retired. Clearing Portland has decided to go into rebuilding mode, but my question is, why not move LMA and Felton too? And why not make these players available weeks ago when they could have spent sometime shopping them around and getting a better deal.

What are all your thoughts on Portland's sudden launch into the lottery?

netsgiantsyanks
03-16-2012, 05:49 PM
they took advantage of the nets, and hey, that's what you do, take advantage of things that are available to you. :shrug:

shep33
03-16-2012, 05:50 PM
I thought they did a fantastic job, wish they would've gotten rid of Crawford + Felton though

FriedTofuz
03-16-2012, 05:53 PM
trade lamarcus aldridge too

JasonJohnHorn
03-16-2012, 05:55 PM
I thought they did a fantastic job, wish they would've gotten rid of Crawford + Felton though

This is what I mean. There are teams that WANTED Crawford and Felton. LA has two first round picks to offer (and potentially future picks as well), plus they could absorb a big contract. Chi-town, Indy, NY. There are teams that could really have used Crawford! They could have had a good bidding war going on there. And LMA would have brought back a lot. I realize they still have to seel tickets for the rest of the season and can use some of these players in draft day deals, but I think they could have gotten more if they had gotten this process started earlier in the season. And firing Nate was just uncalled for. He's a good coach!

Chronz
03-16-2012, 05:55 PM
They fired Cho? LMFAO what a dumb franchise, what was Allens excuse this time? They didnt like the same fast food? LOL, I hope the Clippers scoop him up, and give a good look to McMillan.

As for the players, I didnt think things were so drastic but getting a lotto pick for G-Force was suave. The rest of their trades were meh

waveycrockett
03-16-2012, 06:02 PM
They fired Cho? LMFAO what a dumb franchise, what was Allens excuse this time? They didnt like the same fast food? LOL, I hope the Clippers scoop him up, and give a good look to McMillan.

As for the players, I didnt think things were so drastic but getting a lotto pick for G-Force was suave. The rest of their trades were meh

Cho is the bobcats gm now

4 POINT PLAY LJ
03-16-2012, 06:02 PM
Trade those bums. Get back Clyde Drexler.

UKblazers
03-16-2012, 06:03 PM
What trade could possibly be out there that brings back equal value for LMA? I agree that McMillan was a really good coach the past few years but its more than clear the team quit on him. Just take a look at the scores of our past 10 games, were arguably the worst team in the league right now.

drew_ellis_23
03-16-2012, 06:10 PM
They keep LA, and Batum as they are pieces to build around. They are still young. They tried to deal Felton. Nobody wanted him. I think tonights game will be his last. He sucks and by keeping him he will only be showcasing his talents as he goes into free agency this off season. Why help him out. he has been so ****** that he is the main reason for all of this. Cut him and start Flynn, and play the young guys. Two lottery picks coming to add to LA, and Batumn, and oh yeah 30 million in cap space. That is why you keep Aldridge.

drew_ellis_23
03-16-2012, 06:11 PM
This is what I mean. There are teams that WANTED Crawford and Felton. LA has two first round picks to offer (and potentially future picks as well), plus they could absorb a big contract. Chi-town, Indy, NY. There are teams that could really have used Crawford! They could have had a good bidding war going on there. And LMA would have brought back a lot. I realize they still have to seel tickets for the rest of the season and can use some of these players in draft day deals, but I think they could have gotten more if they had gotten this process started earlier in the season. And firing Nate was just uncalled for. He's a good coach!

LA didn't want Crawford. We tried after the 3 way trade fell apart with Minnesota. He was almost gone. He will be gone next year, as will Felton.

Sinestro
03-16-2012, 06:15 PM
I think they should trade Alridge and Batum to the highest bidders I would hate to see them be like the Warriors the past few years

netsgiantsyanks
03-16-2012, 06:16 PM
congrats portland fans though.

UKblazers
03-16-2012, 06:19 PM
I think they should trade Alridge and Batum to the highest bidders I would hate to see them be like the Warriors the past few years

How does trading your two best players help you in any way? Especially when said players play both sides of the ball and are under 26. I would love to hear what kind of deal you think would be worth it. As soon as Roy retired it was time to move on, no point being a perennial 8th seed stuck in no man's land.

c-rock
03-16-2012, 06:20 PM
Nate lost touch with his players this year and it was time to move on. He's a great coach and Portland will miss him. Not all hope is lost with a very strong draft coming and the Blazers have two first round picks. Possibly both in the top 12. The players have a great connection with the interm coach, who could end up securing the job. The future is not as dark as it seems. Go Blazers!

b@llhog24
03-16-2012, 06:44 PM
Cap Space= Can extend Batum and get some of the available free agents guys like Iggy, Martin, Granger and I'm sure there is a decent center on the market somewhere.

Multiple Draft Picks=Can draft in this deep 2012 draft and fill whatever positional/talent needs this team lacks.

Lma and Batum= Can grow with their core.

Besides Allen's plan to not spend that much money (which may change with what they have on the floor). And the lack of a GM Portland's future is looking really good.

Lim
03-16-2012, 07:26 PM
why on earth would you trade LMA? hes still young and players as good as him are very hard to find.

VCaintdead17
03-16-2012, 07:31 PM
LMA is young enough where you keep him and guys like Batum around even though you're doing a complete overhaul. Having two lottery picks in this years super deep draft will be huge for them I think.

If they draft smart, and surround LMA with the right pieces they'll be where they were a few years ago very soon.