PDA

View Full Version : Derek Fisher

gambo1988
03-16-2012, 04:19 PM
The Rockets will buy out the contract of recently-acquired G Derek Fisher. [rotoworld]

should we take a look at him? he might be good of the bench

Valkyrie
03-16-2012, 04:23 PM
Use the roster speculation thread

justinnum1
03-16-2012, 04:24 PM
Yea, i expect us to pick him up. He's good insurance incase something happens to chalmers or "chuck" norris

therealwd27
03-16-2012, 04:41 PM
Chris Tomasson: Anthony Carter would have interest in returning to Miami but there has been no contact from Heat. "I definitely would go to Miami,'' he said Twitter

justinnum1
03-16-2012, 04:44 PM
fisher or carter i would take as insurance.

SILVER SEAVER
03-16-2012, 05:43 PM
Yea, i expect us to pick him up. He's good insurance incase something happens to chalmers or "chuck" norris

You don't even want him for insurance, he gets torched by quicker guards and seeing as you will have to play the likes of Rose, Rondo, Lin or possibly Westbrook in the NBA Finals I wouldn't even want him as a last resort.

justinnum1
03-16-2012, 06:07 PM
You don't even want him for insurance, he gets torched by quicker guards and seeing as you will have to play the likes of Rose, Rondo, Lin or possibly Westbrook in the NBA Finals I wouldn't even want him as a last resort.

we only have 2pg's

beasted86
03-16-2012, 06:33 PM
Fisher as a mentor for Rio and Cole would be fine by me.

I'm not worried about how old he is or his playing ability as I'm positive he will never play since Spoelstra's rotations are carved in stone.

SILVER SEAVER
03-16-2012, 07:06 PM
we only have 2pg's

Signing Father Time doesn't help that problem any.

justinnum1
03-16-2012, 07:07 PM
Signing Father Time doesn't help that problem any.

of course it does. a vet pg with championship experience for the min and a great locker room presence. I'll take it.

He probably wont play but he's good insurance.

KTheo77
03-16-2012, 09:42 PM
Plus he's stronger and can play more physical than Chalmers or Cole.

SteBO
03-17-2012, 09:26 AM
I wanted him last summer because of his experience and uncertainty @PG. I think we should get him now, if only because Cole has fallen big time and Chalmers has regressed since all-star break. But as beasted and justin said, he probably wouldn't play much if at all......

flashelement
03-17-2012, 04:46 PM
Hey, it looks like we'll play a lot close games in the playoffs. Fisher isn't a bad option with .4 left in the game.

lavilevi23
03-17-2012, 06:44 PM
Get him and Turiaf. Waive Harris.

Chalmers/Cole/Fisher
Wade/Miller
LeBron/Battier/JJ
Bosh/Haslem/Howard
Joel/Turiaf/Pittman/Curry

beasted86
03-17-2012, 06:47 PM
Get him and Turiaf. Waive Harris.

Chalmers/Cole/Fisher
Wade/Miller
LeBron/Battier/JJ
Bosh/Haslem/Howard
Joel/Turiaf/Pittman/Curry

I think this is the most realistic playoff depth chart, and the only changes we should make.

Fisher will be a good mentor for Chalmers and Cole and provide insurance, and Turiaf is a big with playoff experience and will be better than Pittman.

FreakaNashur
03-17-2012, 11:22 PM
we need a veteran point guard and fisher has championship experience. riley knows what to do!

justinnum1
03-17-2012, 11:41 PM
first he needs to get bought out, but yea, i would surprised if he were to go elsewhere

514_HEAT
03-17-2012, 11:46 PM
I think this is the most realistic playoff depth chart, and the only changes we should make.

Fisher will be a good mentor for Chalmers and Cole and provide insurance, and Turiaf is a big with playoff experience and will be better than Pittman.

I agree, and I like em both.

justinnum1
03-18-2012, 03:05 PM
imo, wade and bron would rather have fisher out there than cole.

kjoke
03-18-2012, 04:23 PM
He can be our gary payton with even worse defense and shooting :)

justinnum1
03-18-2012, 05:03 PM
woj
Y! Sources: Derek Fisher has reached a buyout agreement with the Houston Rockets.

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-18-2012, 05:42 PM
Veteran presence, championship experience, and pretty good insurance heading into the playoffs would would be awesome. Sign him up

SteBO
03-18-2012, 07:57 PM
Yes please.....

justinnum1
03-18-2012, 08:08 PM
anything but "chuck" norris

daleja424
03-19-2012, 09:02 AM
Fisher SHOULD get minutes. He should jump Cole. Cole has been flat out awful. His shot selection is atrocious. His defense has been very shakey. Just way too many rookie mistakes to warrant playing him at this point. Bring in Fisher to back up Mario for 15 minutes a game and let Cole learn from the bench. He needs to mature and see how real PGs play apparently bc right now he is awful.

justinnum1
03-19-2012, 10:01 AM
^ absolutely.

It sounds like chicago is on the top of his list. Then miami.

SteBO
03-19-2012, 10:44 AM
Fisher will hardly get playing time w/ the Bulls. Cole has been awful enough for Spo to look fishers way, so having a role here as backup PG is more likely.

I'm more interested in Turiaf though.....

FreakaNashur
03-19-2012, 11:59 AM
as if the bulls didn't have enough point guards. **** we don't need anymore point guards on our team, we just need leadership in that position.

beasted86
03-19-2012, 12:15 PM
Fisher will hardly get playing time w/ the Bulls. Cole has been awful enough for Spo to look fishers way, so having a role here as backup PG is more likely.

I'm more interested in Turiaf though.....

The thing is although Cole has been poor on offense I would still greatly prefer his defense over Fisher.

But I agree totally about Turiaf... a Pittman upgrade is more pressing than replacing Cole with Fisher.

Mr. Baller
03-19-2012, 12:44 PM
The thing is although Cole has been poor on offense I would still greatly prefer his defense over Fisher.

But I agree totally about Turiaf... a Pittman upgrade is more pressing than replacing Cole with Fisher.

I completely agree with you, while Fisher would be a nice addition, his defense is still piss poor, and his offense isn't very good either.

Turiaf is who I would prefer if we have to make a choice

daleja424
03-19-2012, 12:46 PM
I completely agree with you, while Fisher would be a nice addition, his defense is still piss poor, and his offense isn't very good either.

Turiaf is who I would prefer if we have to make a choice

he wont stop the ball and chuck shots like Norris though... which is the biggest problem our offense has when Norris is on the floor.

justinnum1
03-19-2012, 01:10 PM
anything but cole, especially in the playoffs. We just dont need his mistakes.

NoahH
03-19-2012, 02:09 PM
Pick him up MAYBE but DO NOT play him. We don't need a freaking Mike Bibby repeat last year. 28% from the field in the playoffs.. yeaaaaah...

justinnum1
03-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Pick him up MAYBE but DO NOT play him. We don't need a freaking Mike Bibby repeat last year. 28% from the field in the playoffs.. yeaaaaah...

Even worse than that is the turnover machine that is "chuck" norris

PLus fisher would only play 10minutes behind chalmers.

ethan
LeBron said, in response 2 question, that Fisher would b "fit." But there is also strong conviction in org to have Cole play thru struggle.

thats just stupid imo, we are trying to win a ring, this team doesnt have the margin of error for cole's mistakes. Its not so much fisher being an upgrade, its more about eliminating cole's bad decision making and turnovers. Unless cole is playing 5min or less in the playoffs i would rather have fisher.

Slug3
03-19-2012, 03:11 PM
Even worse than that is the turnover machine that is "chuck" norris

PLus fisher would only play 10minutes behind chalmers.

ethan

thats just stupid imo, we are trying to win a ring, this team doesnt have the margin of error for cole's mistakes. Its not so much fisher being an upgrade, its more about eliminating cole's bad decision making and turnovers. Unless cole is playing 5min or less in the playoffs i would rather have fisher.

If we dont get Fish or another PG and Cole is struggling in the playoffs, I hope Spo keeps him on a short leash and has Lebron play backup PG minutes.

Heater4life
03-19-2012, 03:22 PM
I love Cole, I'm completely confident in his skill set. I think trusting him and letting him play through his struggles will do wonders for him.

SteBO
03-19-2012, 03:41 PM
We're in win now mode. Can we really afford to have mental rookie mistakes in the playoffs? I love Cole, but he's been awful and still has a lot to learn.

Still want Turiaf over fisher though.... at least cole plays defense and Ronnie Turiaf is a + player who rebounds and defends.

Coqui77
03-19-2012, 04:13 PM
We need a Center.

donthatemiami
03-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Does he have rookie mistakes in the playoffs if he can work them out of his system now is the real question. If the HEAT can compensate for his mistakes now, he can learn in a less stressful environment and get way more PT in the process.

justinnum1
03-19-2012, 04:39 PM
Does he have rookie mistakes in the playoffs if he can work them out of his system now is the real question. If the HEAT can compensate for his mistakes now, he can learn in a less stressful environment and get way more PT in the process.

Is it worth the risk?

ira
With Derek Fisher agreeing to bypass the final year of his contract in return for his buyout, as Mike Bibby did last year, it is clear he wants to go somewhere to play, as was the case with Bibby last season. So would the Heat be at least willing to give Fisher the minutes Norris Cole has been taking?

i hope so

lavilevi23
03-19-2012, 09:34 PM
Cole and Fish should split backup minutes.

justinnum1
03-19-2012, 09:48 PM
Cole and Fish should split backup minutes.

Cole should just sit with a pad and take notes

shizzle09
03-20-2012, 01:02 AM
no, pick up Hickson

beasted86
03-20-2012, 10:20 AM
If Fisher has "expectations of minutes" then stay away from him.

But otherwise, I would like him on the team. We really don't know how the playoffs will affect Cole. He may turn into a new level of bad... or he may become that 1st game of the season Cole hitting game winners against Boston.

We just don't know, that's why Fisher would be nice insurance and a mentor for him. But if Fisher wants to sign and dictate how many minutes he expects, we don't need him.

kntresistheheat
03-20-2012, 10:50 AM
We're in win now mode. Can we really afford to have mental rookie mistakes in the playoffs? I love Cole, but he's been awful and still has a lot to learn.

Still want Turiaf over fisher though.... at least cole plays defense and Ronnie Turiaf is a + player who rebounds and defends.

This. I don't care what anyone says, Riley runs this team and I can tell you he has no patience for rookies. Fisher is the type of players he looks for the playoffs and it's not so much for their production on the court but for off the court. He is a 5 time champion and he keep those guys head together in the locker room. I'm all for him and Turiaf, I love cole and Pitt/Curry but we need to win NOW!

justinnum1
03-20-2012, 04:02 PM
sam amick
On Derek Fisher front, sources close to him expect him to sign w/ OKC if he clears waivers,but we shall see. Thunder need depth & leadership

beasted86
03-20-2012, 04:06 PM
sam amick

Oh well... play time was important for him.

Spoelstra and Wade will have to do the mentoring for Cole on what he needs to do in the playoffs.. but to tell the truth I don't like their track record stemming from Chalmers first playoff along with Beasley, Cook, etc... They need to prepare him for the intensity that's going to be coming.

Slug3
03-20-2012, 04:31 PM
Man Riley can't get anyone this year.

justinnum1
03-20-2012, 04:37 PM
Man Riley can't get anyone this year.

get ready for Walker Texas Ranger

starring "chuck" norris cole

:laugh2:

lavilevi23
03-20-2012, 08:28 PM
If we miss out on both Fisher and Turiaf imma kill myself.
Get Anthony Carter.