PDA

View Full Version : Lamarcus Aldrdge Vs. Tyrus Thomas

Nasty Nash 13
12-15-2006, 08:16 PM
Whoever said that Thomas was more athletic than Aldridge! Look at Aldridge now-hes the NEXT and I said NEXT Dwight Howard
Hes gonna come outta nowhere and put up 20 and 20's every night in 3 years.

Redbull
12-15-2006, 09:00 PM
Whoever said that Thomas was more athletic than Aldridge! Look at Aldridge now-hes the NEXT and I said NEXT Dwight Howard
Hes gonna come outta nowhere and put up 20 and 20's every night in 3 years.

Both guys have potential so it's a toss up for me.

For Aldride, He might not be a Howard but I hope good things for him because I was a fan of him in the draft and he might of been the better choice for us but that is just a maybe.

JAZZNC
12-16-2006, 12:36 AM
I dunno if he'll be as good as Howard, he seems a little softer from what I've seen. He's newer to the NBA than Howard even though I think he's older:confused: so it's still too early to judge yet. I think that Thomas has the potential to be a better player b/c of his size and athleticism. I'll go with Thomas for now but Aldridge may prove me wrong.

lakeshow213
12-16-2006, 04:32 AM
d howard is a physical beast, aldridge isnt even close. i just got back from the blazer game, and mark my words, he will NOT be the next dwight howard, the next tim duncan, the next kg, or any of those guys. JO is someone that he might be comparable to

marvILLous
12-17-2006, 07:44 PM
next dwight howard lol...

dont kno bout that.. but right now id take lamarcus..

DamnGoat
12-17-2006, 09:59 PM
Aldridge will be lucky to ever be a poor mans Dwight Howard, and seems to be kind of soft to me.

Howard is a beast, and I'll be pretty surprised if we're ever saying this about LaMarcus Aldridge.

Anyway, I thought this was a Aldridge/Thomas comparison thread?

I personally like Thomas's upside more than anyone else in this last draft, and think in a couple years he'll be a double-double threat, and big time shot blocker every night.

amare#1
08-23-2008, 07:16 AM
LaMarcus Aldridge easy!

slamfan4life
08-23-2008, 02:40 PM
no way Aldridge can be Howard, Howard is built like a friggin tank!

Tyrus makes the same pts and reb as Aldridge (when you compare the min played) but TTime is MUCH more athletic, i mean look @ his highlight dunks and compare them to Aldridges

m26555
08-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Aldridge will be lucky to ever be a poor mans Dwight Howard, and seems to be kind of soft to me.

Howard is a beast, and I'll be pretty surprised if we're ever saying this about LaMarcus Aldridge.

Anyway, I thought this was a Aldridge/Thomas comparison thread?

I personally like Thomas's upside more than anyone else in this last draft, and think in a couple years he'll be a double-double threat, and big time shot blocker every night.
While Howard is a much better rebounder and defender, Aldridge's offensive game is head-and-shoulders above Dwight's at this point, and I don't think Howard will ever have the repertoire of low post moves that Aldridge has. Howard is certainly the better player, but it's very premature to say that Aldridge will never even be close to his level.

Beno7500
08-23-2008, 03:56 PM
Lamarcus Aldrdge

Jay22Redd
08-23-2008, 05:26 PM
Tyrus Thomas, I just like him more than Alridge, even though Alridge form Texas

Beno7500
08-23-2008, 05:28 PM
All Thomas can do is dunk. Not much else. Oh, wait he can block some shots.

Tom81
08-24-2008, 10:26 AM
Lamarcus Aldrdge

bogdanrom
08-24-2008, 11:19 AM
First of all Lamarcus isn't and will not be a Dwight Howard type of player. Lamarcus is a more finese type of player,can shot mid rage shots. He isn't much of a rebounder or a defender either.
In this I choose Lamarcus.

PhillyLuver
08-24-2008, 03:25 PM
So, so old..

MiamiHeat
08-24-2008, 04:47 PM
why reply to this post is from 2006
but i'll take Lamarcus

DQL
08-25-2008, 12:31 AM
Aldridge, as of now. Tyrus is like Dorell Wright of the Heat, still hasn't emerged out of his potential

Cavs_Fan24
08-25-2008, 10:17 AM
Aldridge wont be the next Dwight Howard. He doesnt play anything like Dwight Howard. LaMarcus plays more on the perimeter, and is more finesse around the basket the power like Dwight. I see Aldridge developing into a Tim Duncan-like player.

Anyways, i think that LaMarcus Aldridge is gonna be waaay better then Tyrus Thomas. Even though Tyrus Thomas has the explosiveness, Aldridge has got that fundimental game that Thomas lacks, and Alridge is much more consistent.

_Sn1P3r_
08-25-2008, 10:54 AM
Aldridge right now.