PDA

View Full Version : SMH!!! Carmelo is becoming the most hated man in China

doggy011111
03-16-2012, 09:54 AM
So I was browsing on a few popular Chinese bball forums, and people are going insane over Jeremy Lin. They kept saying Sweet Melon (Carmelo Chinese Nickname) is a horrible thug and a selfish player and how Jeremy Lin is way better than Carmelo. smh....They think Lin is capable of being the #1 option on the Knicks and how Carmelo is the cancer....

Here's my thought.

1.) The cancer is Mike D, he failed to utilize Sweet Melon, which is one of the best scorer in the NBA. Mike is just too stubborn, as you can see, the knicks can only win if their PG is producing/ playing good (20pt+ or 10+ assist). But we all know what happen when the PG is being shut down, the team automatic lose.

2.) Lin is overrated, he has been exposed just like Steven A Smith said since the Maimi game. That's why Mike D want to trade Melo for Deron Williams. The Knicks are not gonna go on a 6 game losing streak if Deron or Nash is the PG. Again proving Mike D as a coach has failed.

3.) Lin has good upside, can he improve? Yes of course. He is definitely not Nash or Deron. He is a not a good facilitator though. His bounce pass are turrible. He is a good attacking scoring PG. Definitely not a pass first PG at this point.

4.) Baron is definitely a better PG than Lin is Woodman's system at this point. I won't be surprise if he starting in April. If you think Dolan care about money and will always start Lin, you are dead wrong. You telling me a spoiled brat like Dolan care about making money? LOL really. He will just do whatever HE LIKES to do with his POWER. That's why he's one of the worst owner in NBA.

king4day
03-16-2012, 09:57 AM
I keep going back to this.

With Lin and no Melo, the team thrived.
With Felton and no Melo, the team thrived
With Melo on the floor, the team has been horrid.

Not sure how Coach D fits into the failure of the team here. Seems to be a pattern

LAKobeBryant
03-16-2012, 10:00 AM
Did you make this up or post source u heard from

LAKobeBryant
03-16-2012, 10:00 AM

franknwsk
03-16-2012, 10:02 AM

With http://www.vvio.info/jpg1 Lin and no Melo, the team thrived.

Not sure how Coach D fits into the failure of the team here. Seems to be a pattern

sure how Coach D fits into the failure of the team here.

Cal827
03-16-2012, 10:03 AM
LOL The ignorance of people. How is Melo a thug? He's an a-hole (referring to the incident where he Punched Hollins and ran away, as well as the Denver Scenario), but he's not a thug b/c of that :facepalm:

doggy011111
03-16-2012, 10:07 AM

Go to Baidu, or hoopschina or any bball Chinese forum. like every post is about how Sweet Melon is the cancer. They think it's pathetic/bad to have Carmelo to have ISO play :and how it will not win games. lol

Daunter
03-16-2012, 10:11 AM
The Bulls are like 8-1 without Rose should they trade him frank?

jmoney85
03-16-2012, 10:15 AM
we are going to go to war with china over melo

WeaponXXX
03-16-2012, 10:19 AM
You could blame it on Dantoni for

a) being a coach and not being able to create a system for melo

granted that is why he left cause he doesn't know how to

You also need to blame Carmelo as well:

- We all know Coach Mike D's system is a purely offensive system. For you to fully just mess up the system and not allow the system to score is a pretty incredible task. For all the teams he's coached they scored so many points and won so many games.

and then there are facts that was stated earlier on this thread about Lin, and the other PG that went to portland

doggy011111
03-16-2012, 10:21 AM

With Felton the Knicks went 42-42??1 Even Chris DUHON has career high in assist and pts. In Mike's system, Melo is basically a poor man Steve Novak.. U see the problem is when the PG is shut down, Knicks = automatically lose. If Steve Nash is on the Knicks team. I think they will have 60+ wins easy. Nash is unstoppable in Mike's system...

They are losing this year cause the Knicks simply has no PG, and Mike D doesn't know how to run plays for their best player Carmelo Anthony. Mike D simply can't run a team if there's no smart PG on the team.

Aust
03-16-2012, 10:24 AM
The amount of basketball fans in China is roughly similar to the USA's total population, it's ****ing crazy. Don't make them Chinese people mad Melo :ohno:

doggy011111
03-16-2012, 10:30 AM
The amount of basketball fans in China is roughly similar to the USA's total population, it's ****ing crazy. Don't make them Chinese people mad Melo :ohno:

Man if the Knicks are losing in April and Jeremy Lin is not starting. There will be a WAR. LOL. I don't think Dolan cares about Jeremy LIN starting or not. It will probably cost the Knicks even less money to re-sign Lin if he start off the bench.

Ill21
03-16-2012, 10:31 AM
With Felton the Knicks went 42-42??1 Even Chris DUHON has career high in assist and pts. In Mike's system, Melo is basically a poor man Steve Novak.. U see the problem is when the PG is shut down, Knicks = automatically lose. If Steve Nash is on the Knicks team. I think they will have 60+ wins easy. Nash is unstoppable in Mike's system...

They are losing this year cause the Knicks simply has no PG, and Mike D doesn't know how to run plays for their best player Carmelo Anthony. Mike D simply can't run a team if there's no smart PG on the team.

really??? A poor mans Steve Novak???? Come on man, thats just stupid.

doggy011111
03-16-2012, 10:36 AM
really??? A poor mans Steve Novak???? Come on man, thats just stupid.

Pretty much, I always giggle, while watching SHAW MARION jacking up 3s back in Phoenix. AND IT ACTUALLY WENT IN :facepalm:

hambyfqad
03-16-2012, 10:36 AM

With Felton and no Melo, the team thrived http://www.bicidi.info/jpg1

uwish1127
03-16-2012, 10:37 AM

Exactly

The only problem with D'Antoni I have to say was he could not get Melo to remove his Ego, I do think Lin can still be good.....remember he's a damn rookie everybody

justinnum1
03-16-2012, 10:40 AM

yes. melo on the floor=fail
melo on the bench =success

dolan screwed the knicks again

Da Knicks
03-16-2012, 10:47 AM
Mike needed to be ran off, he was a very poor coach. Never called timeouts, team came out flat after halftime all the time and ran everything through his point guard when he has two of the best scorers in the league. He needs to coach a team with a great pg. The clippers would actually be a team who he could coach, but they wont be able to win if they get a back to the basket player. Pretty much with D'antoni great regular season with a great pg but no championships. You have to be able to play half court sets in the playoffs and to be able to do that you need a back to the basket player.

Im all for sweet melon!!!

sportzkid1503
03-16-2012, 10:48 AM

Difference is when rose came back did the bulls start losing games? that just means the bulls can be good with or without Drose. Carmelo Anthony is a selfish scorer who wants everything to be about him. I don't know when people will get that through their heads. Carmelo is a great scorer, but hes not a team player by any stretch of the imagination. Every year he goes off about how he wants to be traded whenever things aren't going well.

I wouldn't want Melo on my team...the knicks were an over .500 basketball team before they blew it all up for him last year and now this year they're below .500 with Carmelo on the floor. Knicks fans should be kissing Jeremy Lin's *** because if he didn't have that massive spurt where he carried the team to a 7-1 run when amare and melo were out the knicks aren't a playoff team this year. And Lin isn't even a paid superstar. Carmelo is supposed to be the one doing that. Hes a great scorer, not a great basketball player or team player. People should know the difference by now. He bails every time something goes wrong.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-16-2012, 10:52 AM
melo is a cancer to this knicks team

John Walls Era
03-16-2012, 11:00 AM
:laugh:

doggy011111
03-16-2012, 11:00 AM
Difference is when rose came back did the bulls start losing games? that just means the bulls can be good with or without Drose. Carmelo Anthony is a selfish scorer who wants everything to be about him. I don't know when people will get that through their heads. Carmelo is a great scorer, but hes not a team player by any stretch of the imagination. Every year he goes off about how he wants to be traded whenever things aren't going well.

I wouldn't want Melo on my team...the knicks were an over .500 basketball team before they blew it all up for him last year and now this year they're below .500 with Carmelo on the floor. Knicks fans should be kissing Jeremy Lin's *** because if he didn't have that massive spurt where he carried the team to a 7-1 run when amare and melo were out the knicks aren't a playoff team this year. And Lin isn't even a paid superstar. Carmelo is supposed to be the one doing that. Hes a great scorer, not a great basketball player or team player. People should know the difference by now. He bails every time something goes wrong.

But the problem is Mike D doesn't want Melo to BE THE FIRST OPTION. He wants everything run through his PG and pick and roll. There's no half court plays call for Melo. Did u see how many time Lin pass the ball to his buddy "Laundry"...

You always need a good iso, go to guy on a championship team. Kobe, Dirk, D-wade, maybe Durrant, Rose etc...I'm not a Melo fans as I can see his faults (doesn't play defense 100% at all times), but he can definitely be that guy.

oak2455
03-16-2012, 11:04 AM
OP with the Dupe account!!!!!! well done...........

Trailblazer
03-16-2012, 11:09 AM
what is unquestioned is that the Melo's arrival to knicks has not made them a better team thus far....He brings little else to a team other than scoring and when he is not scoring,he is not engaged in the game. He is a great scorer no doubt..but a great player he is not. The fact that he is the knicks captain is such a joke..he is not the type of player a team can rally around..All he wants to do is score..He has very little to no interest in defense, rebounding, diving for loose balls these of which contribute to winning...

John Walls Era
03-16-2012, 11:15 AM
Go to Baidu, or hoopschina or any bball Chinese forum. like every post is about how Sweet Melon is the cancer. They think it's pathetic/bad to have Carmelo to have ISO play :and how it will not win games. lol

Sorry to break it to you, but Melo's style of play has won 0 championships and many first round exits.

doggy011111
03-16-2012, 11:18 AM
what is unquestioned is that the Melo's arrival to knicks has not made them a better team thus far....He brings little else to a team other than scoring and when he is not scoring,he is not engaged in the game. He is a great scorer no doubt..but a great player he is not. The fact that he is the knicks captain is such a joke..he is not the type of player a team can rally around..All he wants to do is score..He has very little to no interest in defense, rebounding, diving for loose balls these of which contribute to winning...

That's what money will do to you. When u have millions and millions of dollars, who cares about winning basketball game now days. Players only shows up when is contract years now days.

Carmelo simply isnt as determine as player like Kobe or even Lebron. And he doesn't gives a lot of effort unless is a hyped up game on ESPN. :facepalm: Yes he shouldn't be the captain. Tyson probably should be the captain

doggy011111
03-16-2012, 11:19 AM
Sorry to break it to you, but Melo's style of play has won 0 championships and many first round exits.

Kobe and Michael jordan has words with you. You do need an iso go to guy. END TALK

jimm120
03-16-2012, 11:43 AM

So, the Knicks were thriving last year with the amare/Felton/Wilson/gallo team when they went 3-8? When they were 12-17 ? Yeah, it took a 13-1 run to get the Knicks to .500 at the trade deadline. They were hardly thriving.

The Knicks were also not thriving with Lin this year. They were 9-9 with him. .

Dantoni, I admit, seemed to always get a nice little run from these teams:
-13-1 after the first month
-7-0 at end of the season
-7-0 this year with Lin.

Dantoni, though, seemed to always have a losing record outside those streaks:
-3-8 to start last year
-12-17 after the big win streak
-7-12 after melo trade
-0-6 to end last season (including playoffs)
---
-8-13 to start this year
-3-9 after "linsanity"

That's the problem with dantoni. Good teams would have win streaks like that but then they'd have "normal" records the other times. Not dantoni.

So, we were "thriving"??? A .500 ONLY because of win streaks.

Trailblazer
03-16-2012, 11:45 AM
Many people talk about how you need an ISO guy to win a championship..and they support that claim by mentioning jordan and kobe....Now let me ask you this...before jordan..The celts, lakers of the 80s and pistons of the early 90s..Is that how you believe they won championships with "ISO" ball...I think not...I think we have been fed my media and because some teams have had success with ISO ball, that this is the one tried and true way to win a championship...And I don't believe that at all..

Gibby23
03-16-2012, 11:49 AM

Because his system is point guard driven and it doesn't adapt to the best player on the team. Melo has a better team now than he did in Denver but they are not winning because the System required him to be a roll player. The best player on the team needs the ball in his hands, he isn't a 7 seconds or less type of player. He needs a regular half court offense and Im sure the next coach will be better at that than Dantoni.

FOBolous
03-16-2012, 11:52 AM
players really need to stop trying to be like Jordan. Jordan could score 50 points on over 50% shooting. all these players' FG% drop to the low 40s once they get close to 40 points.

FOBolous
03-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Because his system is point guard driven and it doesn't adapt to the best player on the team. Melo has a better team now than he did in Denver but they are not winning because the System required him to be a roll player. The best player on the team needs the ball in his hands, he isn't a 7 seconds or less type of player. He needs a regular half court offense and Im sure the next coach will be better at that than Dantoni.

you're right. new york should iso their way to the championship. MELO FOR MVP!!!

NoahH
03-16-2012, 11:57 AM
They just need to embrace melo being a ball hog

Mr_Amaziing
03-16-2012, 11:57 AM
That's what happens when you force your way out of your team

OA SLAY
03-16-2012, 11:59 AM
Bit of a bias opinion
Wouldn't u say?
Arnt these the same fans that voted Yao into like 8 consecutive allstar games without even playin?

tbone2171
03-16-2012, 12:10 PM
smh - The first uncool thing invented by black people

oak2455
03-16-2012, 12:14 PM
wow China hates Melo ........get in line......Melo is gonna excel in Woodson's system and watch the Knicks play better

Kashmir13579
03-16-2012, 12:26 PM

mhmm.

doggy011111
03-16-2012, 12:27 PM
wow China hates Melo ........get in line......Melo is gonna excel in Woodson's system and watch the Knicks play better

This is gonna be so funny in the upcoming games :D If the Knicks are winning and Lin is coming off the bench, the Chinese people are going to be MAD. If they are losing, it will be LINSANE :speechless:.

People in Chinese forum already saying they gonna quit watching Knicks basketball if Lin is coming off the bench. I bet you they rather have Lin get his 20+ pts and lose instead of Knicks actually winning. Kinda like the Yaomania Era

freedas
03-16-2012, 12:27 PM

x2 thats what he needs a half court offense. not getting the ball with 5 seconds left on the shot clock.

Da Knicks
03-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Many people talk about how you need an ISO guy to win a championship..and they support that claim by mentioning jordan and kobe....Now let me ask you this...before jordan..The celts, lakers of the 80s and pistons of the early 90s..Is that how you believe they won championships with "ISO" ball...I think not...I think we have been fed my media and because some teams have had success with ISO ball, that this is the one tried and true way to win a championship...And I don't believe that at all..

ok ill play along do you know who Kevin Mchale is or Kareem Abdul Jabbar? How about when Jabbar got injured against the sixers why didnt Magic keep playing the point instead of posting up in the middle? You need an iso player to win a championship!

last year- Dirk

past champions
Lakers- Kobe, Pau, Bynum
Celtics- Pierce, Garnett
Spurs- Duncan
Heat- Oneal, Wade
Lakers-O'neal, Kobe
Pistons- Rasheed, Billups
Bulls- Jordan, Pippen

doggy011111
03-16-2012, 12:31 PM
x2 thats what he needs a half court offense. not getting the ball with 5 seconds left on the shot clock.

The 7 seconds or less is fail. You keep jacking up shots and expect Melo and Amare playin D whole game. lol that's Linpossible. Mike D' is not a good coach without a allstar PG. And Lin is not one. Just an average player as of now like SAS said.

oak2455
03-16-2012, 12:38 PM
This is gonna be so funny in the upcoming games :D If the Knicks are winning and Lin is coming off the bench, the Chinese people are going to be MAD. If they are losing, it will be LINSANE :speechless:.

People in Chinese forum already saying they gonna quit watching Knicks basketball if Lin is coming off the bench. I bet you they rather have Lin get his 20+ pts and lose instead of Knicks actually winning. Kinda like the Yaomania Era

first off really 7 post and you know me:rolleyes: second I rather win with Dickhurtz ,Tom ,Harry ,JoJo , and random troll........ :D

FOBolous
03-16-2012, 12:41 PM
ok ill play along do you know who Kevin Mchale is or Kareem Abdul Jabbar? How about when Jabbar got injured against the sixers why didnt Magic keep playing the point instead of posting up in the middle? You need an iso player to win a championship!

last year- Dirk

past champions
Lakers- Kobe, Pau, Bynum
Celtics- Pierce, Garnett
Spurs- Duncan
Heat- Oneal, Wade
Lakers-O'neal, Kobe
Bulls- Jordan, Pippen

dude all those teams have star players...yes...but they also have a good team. except for Jordan, none of those players did it by themselves.

Trailblazer
03-16-2012, 12:44 PM

last year- Dirk

past champions
Lakers- Kobe, Pau, Bynum
Celtics- Pierce, Garnett
Spurs- Duncan
Heat- Oneal, Wade
Lakers-O'neal, Kobe
Bulls- Jordan, Pippen

I disagree, you need a group of 5 guys who play together to win a championship. Basketball is a team game...

Da Knicks
03-16-2012, 12:48 PM
dude all those teams have star players...yes...but they also have a good team. except for Jordan, none of those players did it by themselves.

I never said any of those players did it by themselves, he said that the teams of the 80's did not iso. I beg to differ i watched all those teams and all of them had a player that they would iso. fyi Jordans team was not a bunch of scrubs.

Pippen, Rodman, Kerr, Paxson, Cartwright, Longley, Grant, Kukoc, Harper are not just a bunch of no names. Having Phil Jackson as a coach helps out too...

Da Knicks
03-16-2012, 12:50 PM
I disagree, you need a group of 5 guys who play together to win a championship. Basketball is a team game...

That was not what you said earlier, you said those teams did not have an iso player. I agree you need a team to win but you also need a closer on that team as well. Good teams get you there, Heat, Magic are the latest ones to get there but lacked a closer who could go iso and score when needed...

sep11ie
03-16-2012, 12:51 PM
Hoopsprophet?

Trailblazer
03-16-2012, 12:55 PM

Precisely..Every player on the court needs each other to win...And that is why sometimes a team with the most talented players don't win..because at the end of the day, it's still a team game..

Trailblazer
03-16-2012, 12:58 PM
That was not what you said earlier, you said those teams did not have an iso player. I agree you need a team to win but you also need a closer on that team as well. Good teams get you there, Heat, Magic are the latest ones to get there but lacked a closer who could go iso and score when needed...

If you re-read my post, I was inferring that those teams didn't win with Iso heavy plays as is believed my some today as the only way to win championships...

doggy011111
03-16-2012, 12:59 PM

So what wins championship? A a PG that runs Pick and Roll all days has better chance to win a championship than ISO god like Kobe and Jordan? :facepalm: I think the champ formula is an iso player + a big man and role players (shooters/defenders)

Punk
03-16-2012, 01:00 PM
I'm not surprised. The media is trying to make him the most hated man and It's sadly working.

It's pathetic honestly.

Kashmir13579
03-16-2012, 01:02 PM
It's pathetic honestly.

Its warranted.

Trailblazer
03-16-2012, 01:05 PM
Just like there is a misconception that during the playoffs, you can't run..everything halts to a grind...That's simply not true...because during the playoffs and sometimes even during a finals game, teams do score in the high 100s and there are blow out games as well...exhibit A...during the finals of the lakers/celts finalls a few years ago, in a must win game for the lakers, they lost by 39 points..I remember the mavs/okc playoffs of last year...high scoring series..again..some teams do score big and blowouts occur..

NYY 26 to 7
03-16-2012, 01:22 PM
Oh no!!! So they hate Melo, freedom, and baby girls - its a model society.

OA SLAY
03-16-2012, 01:23 PM
What wins championships is a pick/pass, pick/drive heavy point guard who averages 8 turnovers a game.
His name is Lin.

blahblahyoutoo
03-16-2012, 01:55 PM
LOL The ignorance of people. How is Melo a thug? He's an a-hole (referring to the incident where he Punched Hollins and ran away, as well as the Denver Scenario), but he's not a thug b/c of that :facepalm:

Snitching.

CudiOnMyiPod
03-16-2012, 01:58 PM
Snitching.

He's a wanna-be thug. I remember when he slapped Mardy Collins in the face and ran 94 feet away from him...

blahblahyoutoo
03-16-2012, 02:04 PM
Kobe and Michael jordan has words with you. You do need an iso go to guy. END TALK

The English language has words with you. You do need hooked on phonics. BEGIN READ

Raph12
03-16-2012, 02:30 PM
Lin's so damn overrated, ignorant Chinese people worldwide can suck it, Lin will continue to be mediocre and they can blame whoever they want.

SportsAndrew25
03-16-2012, 02:31 PM
You have to give the ball to your best players. No disrespect to Lin but this guy was cut by two or three teams and now the Knicks are supposed to give him the ball instead of their stars? That is ridiculous. Melo came to New York when few wanted to come (did we forget Lebron?).You have to respect him for that.

4 POINT PLAY LJ
03-16-2012, 03:07 PM
I hope they don't spit in my chicken and broccoli. lol Jk

BALLER R
03-16-2012, 03:18 PM
All these people complaining bout Melo come playoff time who on the knicks do you expect to win games. Lin???

Celtics33
03-16-2012, 03:21 PM
Jeremy Lin's TO's don't help the Knicks out either. I don't think there has ever been a PG with that high of a TO ratio to get Lin's type of minutes.

Celtics33
03-16-2012, 03:21 PM
lin's so damn overrated, ignorant chinese people worldwide can suck it, lin will continue to be mediocre and they can blame whoever they want.

+1

BklynKnicks3
03-16-2012, 03:26 PM
Melo is not stopin lin its a thing called scouting report and its out and everyone knows he doesnt have a nba level left hand. I hate when people root for a player based on race. Iam russian f%ck Krilinlko who cares/ Lets go Knicks

CoffeeJanitor
03-16-2012, 03:47 PM
So what wins championship? A a PG that runs Pick and Roll all days has better chance to win a championship than ISO god like Kobe and Jordan? :facepalm: I think the champ formula is an iso player + a big man and role players (shooters/defenders)Carmelo is a one dimensional cancer. He is not a player you build around.

CudiOnMyiPod
03-16-2012, 04:10 PM
Carmelo is a one dimensional cancer. He is not a player you build around.

When you put an NBA Champion and an all star (Billups), a dominant center (Nene), a very good defensive power forward (Kenyon Martin), and arguably the top bench around Carmelo and you lose in the first round 7 of 8 years, it is pretty apparent that you can't win with him. Unless of course you have two superstars to cover that up.

dtmagnet
03-16-2012, 04:16 PM
D'Antoni is an offensive genius, Melo is the one who refused to play his style.

OA SLAY
03-16-2012, 04:19 PM
Breaking news!!!!
Melo is becoming the most hated man on PSD!

OA SLAY
03-16-2012, 04:20 PM
Jacking 3's is genius?
Hahahahah

BigCityofDreams
03-16-2012, 04:32 PM
When you put an NBA Champion and an all star (Billups), a dominant center (Nene), a very good defensive power forward (Kenyon Martin), and arguably the top bench around Carmelo and you lose in the first round 7 of 8 years, it is pretty apparent that you can't win with him. Unless of course you have two superstars to cover that up.

I've been a Melo supporter for many yrs but I'm starting to think that's the case.

NothingbutWill
03-16-2012, 05:02 PM
1) Lin is HIGHLY overrated but that's not his fault. He was just doing his job and was succeeding at it. It's just the media that were portraying him as the best player ever. Even Yao didn't get that much media attention in like a month.

2) Melo is a great player, definitely an all-star and has crazy talent but he just doesn't succeed in a team based system. Take a look at DEN, they got nowhere with him and that was a good team. When he leaves, everyone thought DEN was going to tank but they did the opposite and even played better and got more wins. He's just not suited to play team basketball. He's more suited as a one on one player then anything else.

Big Zo
03-16-2012, 06:03 PM
"**** you, Mero! Rinsanity all day! Hollaaaaa!"

Fresno
03-16-2012, 08:32 PM
Their bench consisted of Ty Lawson, JR Smith & Chris Anderson. Did you forget?

Nene being a "dominant Center" is an absolute joke. He was a consistent underacheiver and didn't play up to his contract until he was in the last year of his deal. Did you forget?

Kenyon Martin was a good defensive Power Forward, but he was constantly injured or unhappy with his role/playing time. Did you forget?

The fact that we're only 2 years removed from this and you're looking back on that period of time talking about things that didn't exist to further your own baiting agenda shows how little you bring to this discussion.

Fresno
03-16-2012, 08:43 PM
1) Lin is HIGHLY overrated but that's not his fault. He was just doing his job and was succeeding at it. It's just the media that were portraying him as the best player ever. Even Yao didn't get that much media attention in like a month.

2) Melo is a great player, definitely an all-star and has crazy talent but he just doesn't succeed in a team based system. Take a look at DEN, they got nowhere with him and that was a good team. When he leaves, everyone thought DEN was going to tank but they did the opposite and even played better and got more wins. He's just not suited to play team basketball. He's more suited as a one on one player then anything else.

The Nuggets didn't get anywhere because they had no depth and it was exposed in the Playoffs against the eventual Western Conference Champion each season. When they traded Marcus Camby for 2 2nd round picks, it ended their chances to compete against the likes of San Antonio & LA due to their lack of size.

As far as "Team basketball" goes I believe that if you have 1 player who can carry a team that you need to put the ball in his hands. Miami ran their team through Wade for years, Chicago runs their team through Rose, etc. The exception to the rule of course is teams who have multiple stars who can step up in crunch time like OKC & LA(both teams). Melo played with a guy like that in Allen Iverson to form a duo of guys who can win games, but at this point Amare Stoudemire just isn't as good as he was last season to lead a team.

theheatles
03-16-2012, 10:44 PM
sweet melon :laugh:

what's the chinese pronounciation?

Slimsim
03-16-2012, 11:08 PM
Well from what I heard most Asian thinks Blacks are no good Criminals and thugs

LA_Raiders
03-17-2012, 01:23 AM
Where is Linsanity now???

BULLSFAN0810
03-17-2012, 05:25 AM
So I was browsing on a few popular Chinese bball forums, and people are going insane over Jeremy Lin. They kept saying Sweet Melon (Carmelo Chinese Nickname) is a horrible thug and a selfish player and how Jeremy Lin is way better than Carmelo. smh....They think Lin is capable of being the #1 option on the Knicks and how Carmelo is the cancer....

Here's my thought.

1.) The cancer is Mike D, he failed to utilize Sweet Melon, which is one of the best scorer in the NBA. Mike is just too stubborn, as you can see, the knicks can only win if their PG is producing/ playing good (20pt+ or 10+ assist). But we all know what happen when the PG is being shut down, the team automatic lose.

2.) Lin is overrated, he has been exposed just like Steven A Smith said since the Maimi game. That's why Mike D want to trade Melo for Deron Williams. The Knicks are not gonna go on a 6 game losing streak if Deron or Nash is the PG. Again proving Mike D as a coach has failed.

3.) Lin has good upside, can he improve? Yes of course. He is definitely not Nash or Deron. He is a not a good facilitator though. His bounce pass are turrible. He is a good attacking scoring PG. Definitely not a pass first PG at this point.

4.) Baron is definitely a better PG than Lin is Woodman's system at this point. I won't be surprise if he starting in April. If you think Dolan care about money and will always start Lin, you are dead wrong. You telling me a spoiled brat like Dolan care about making money? LOL really. He will just do whatever HE LIKES to do with his POWER. That's why he's one of the worst owner in NBA.

I kind of wish i didnt read this topic,not bc it was'/bad;it just makes me a little upset....

Why does everytime someone describe something a Black male does that may not be popular it is described as "Thuggish?" Its just ball. The charges can be anything from killing to jay walking and "thuggery" is whats shouted.

Lin isnt that good,atleast not yet. His best game was against bad/struggling teams. So why shouldnt Amare or Melo be focal point of offense, He didnt maintain control when Melo came back. Lin was given a chance...he literally fumbbled it away

smiddy012
03-17-2012, 06:33 AM

more like 9-4

boolish
03-17-2012, 02:52 PM
the chinese are not only smart at copying Iphones, they are also brilliant basketball analysts.

ewmania
03-17-2012, 05:05 PM

ummmm lol, melo didnt play with felton and we were 28-26 before melo got here.... not something to completely brag about

and with a new coach on a floor we have been blowing teams out so bad melo doesn't even get to play the 4th quarter