PDA

View Full Version : Would you amnesty Kobe to sign CP3 & Dwight Howard?

Fresno
03-16-2012, 02:20 AM
Speaking of the summer of 2013 when Kobe will be 34 years old.

Would you use the amnesty clause on him, clearing off $30 Million in salary, in order to sign CP3 and Dwight Howard.

Asking for your opinion of what decision you'd make if you were the Lakers GM.

Lake_Show2416
03-16-2012, 02:23 AM
if it was a guarantee that they would both sign & thats wut it took........ obviously!

Ebbs
03-16-2012, 02:24 AM
If they both would sign 100% I think this is probably the easiest decision of all time. Both Paul and Dwight are more valuable than Kobe currently lol.

abe_froman
03-16-2012, 02:24 AM
would i? if i have a back channel commitment from those two

would the lakers? nope

Fresno
03-16-2012, 02:28 AM
if it was a guarantee that they would both sign then & thats wut it took........ DUH!
It could very well become a real possibility with both players hitting the market in the same offseason. Obviously they'd be letting Bynum go as a Free Agent to make it happen, & the Lakers would be able to trade Pau for some pieces to put next to CP3 & Dwight Howard.

As a Lakers fan, would you honestly amnesty Kobe Bryant? (srs)

In 2013, his salary of $30 Million will account for over 50% of the Lakers cap room and he'll be nearing 35 and thats what it will take to make it happen.

Maybe I'm different but I'd keep building around Kobe until he decides to retire after passing KAJ on the scoring record.

Raph12
03-16-2012, 02:29 AM
If you get a commitment from D12 and CP3, you'd have to be a ****** to not amnesty Kobe. And since the Lakers are not a player, they will not be criticized for their lack of loyalty... Except maybe by Dwyane Wade on twitter :p

Fresno
03-16-2012, 02:30 AM
If they both would sign 100% I think this is probably the easiest decision of all time. Both Paul and Dwight are more valuable than Kobe currently lol.

Kobe is more valuable to the Lakers and hes a better player than both Paul & Dwight.

Raph12
03-16-2012, 02:32 AM
Kobe is more valuable to the Lakers and hes a better player than both Paul & Dwight.

Kobe is more valuable to the Lakers for maybe another couple of seasons, but CP3 and Dwight would be more valuable down the road... And both are better players than Kobe, easily.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-16-2012, 02:33 AM
Even if it was just 1 of them, I'd consider.

After signing one, I'll use the remaining money to sign a different star.

Ebbs
03-16-2012, 02:33 AM

I disagree. Dwight and Paul are both better than Kobe currently. Kobe is more valuable to the Lakers than Dwight due to Bynum being a stud. But CP3 for Kobe would probably make the Lakers a better team had it been doen before the season. Giving the Lakers a chance to sign some wings.

chong2204
03-16-2012, 02:37 AM
I disagree. Dwight and Paul are both better than Kobe currently. Kobe is more valuable to the Lakers than Dwight due to Bynum being a stud. But CP3 for Kobe would probably make the Lakers a better team had it been doen before the season. Giving the Lakers a chance to sign some wings.

This is debatable...Like a brown bear vs a black bear, that is on drugs...

LongWayFromHome
03-16-2012, 02:39 AM
I heard somewhere that Kobe was worth about $80mil a year to the Lakers as an asset. So if they pay him $30mil he still makes them $50mil profit (if the figure is true). If this is the case he is more valuable than the winning they might get from Howard-CP3.

Ebbs
03-16-2012, 02:40 AM
I heard somewhere that Kobe was worth about $80mil a year to the Lakers as an asset. So if they pay him $30mil he still makes them $50mil profit (if the figure is true). If this is the case he is more valuable than the winning they might get from Howard-CP3.

You don't think Dwight who is on his way to a house hold name and has what like a 200 million dollar adidas deal wouldn't make them money?

ableshwae
03-16-2012, 02:41 AM
And I will do my best to sign himhttp://www.frjacky.info/

Hellcrooner
03-16-2012, 02:44 AM
If its a fact they sign, yes.

Problem is you need to trade Pau for expirings first, and then NOT resign Bynum

so-----------------------

Im gonna say its far fetched.

LongWayFromHome
03-16-2012, 02:45 AM
You don't think Dwight who is on his way to a house hold name and has what like a 200 million dollar adidas deal wouldn't make them money?

You cannot actually believe Dwight Howard is as valuable as an asset (not to winning, but only regards to money) as Kobe. Of course Dwight will move merch, but not like Kobe.

AceMan
03-16-2012, 02:53 AM
Putting everything aside like how the Lakers would never kick Kobe to the curb like that and what not, Jim Buss would NEVER pay Kobe 30 million dollars NOT to play for him.

D1JM
03-16-2012, 02:53 AM

Would you use the amnesty clause on him, clearing off $30 Million in salary, in order to sign CP3 and Dwight Howard.

2/1 odds wade tweets
loyalty hahahahaha right after :D

RaiderKid318
03-16-2012, 02:55 AM
duh

AceMan
03-16-2012, 02:59 AM
You cannot actually believe Dwight Howard is as valuable as an asset (not to winning, but only regards to money) as Kobe. Of course Dwight will move merch, but not like Kobe.

Dwight is absolutely a more valuable long term asset to the Lakers than Kobe. Let's say the Lakers do cut ties with Kobe. They still sell his jersey as a throwback, in a few years they'd retire his number, and then he'd still be associated with the Laker brand for the next 40 years. In other words, they would lose a bit of money in the short term, but long term Kobe's mark on the Lakers has been made and they will continue to profit off of him whether he likes it or not.

But Dwight? That adds a whole new profit making cog into the machine. All of the sudden they have a new jersey to sell (and it's LA, Dwight's jersey would make them a fortune), they could raise ticket prices because everybody's seen Kobe, the LA fans would want to see Dwight, and imagine the financial opportunities the Lakers could create with some sort of big man legacy thing. Marketing opportunities with Kareem, Shaq and Dwight, and if they were willing to market a dead guy throw Wilt in there too. The marketing opportunities for big men are really limited right now, so while sponsors used to have their pick of Robinson, Hakeem, Ewing, Malone, Barkley etc... Now it's basically just Dwight and Blake. Oh, and while Kobe is incredibly popular in China Dwight is too, and all he really needs to pass Kobe is more exposure. Playing in LA for a contender would do that, his gregarious child like personality is a lot like Shaq's in that while it hurts him on the court and in terms of relations to his team it makes his teams and himself a fortune.

MickeyMgl

Not as much.

Fresno
2/1 odds wade tweets right after :D

Then he'll recruit Kobe to join the Heat and reach 10 rings.

broncosfan4eva
03-16-2012, 03:06 AM
La wouldnt have to do this. they could sign and trade bynum or gasol with ease.

john545455
03-16-2012, 03:08 AM
Kobe in his prime no...

john545455
03-16-2012, 03:10 AM
Eventually Kobe will take a pay cut like Jordan, and you will see some extreme talent around him. He's just now getting back into the endorsments deals, and his wife took half his money lol.

C-Style
03-16-2012, 04:07 AM
Yes, what about Bynum?

Trueblue2
03-16-2012, 04:20 AM
I'd sign and trade Bynum for Howard and Gasol for CP3. Are the clipps/magic really gonna get a better compensation than that with their stars leaving in free agency?

Losoway
03-16-2012, 06:08 AM
Would u amnesty micheal jordan ? No!

kobe is a goat .

ACanadian
03-16-2012, 07:16 AM
Yea sure why not

ghettosean
03-16-2012, 07:18 AM
Even if it was just 1 of them, I'd consider.

After signing one, I'll use the remaining money to sign a different star.
This...

Kobe gets paid A WHOOOOOOLE LOT OF MONEY!

BKLYNpigeon
03-16-2012, 07:55 AM
it wont happen, so stop it with the hypotheticals.

Hawkeye15
03-16-2012, 07:57 AM
too much needs to happen for that to be a realistic scenario.

Cano-Montero...
03-16-2012, 08:13 AM
Hell yeah!!! problem is...we would still have 30 mil in contracts..pau,artest and blake...

basketfan4life
03-16-2012, 08:22 AM
Kobe is more valuable to the Lakers for maybe another couple of seasons, but CP3 and Dwight would be more valuable down the road... And both are better players than Kobe, easily.

i couldn't catch when you turned in to such a hater, you were so cool and rational just a couple months ago...There is nothing easy there, unless if you are going solely by PER, and even that is close.

theheatles
03-16-2012, 08:30 AM

all super stars are worth substantially more to the franchise than what the franchise is paying them...bron and wade are making like $16.5 million each this yr and they are each probably each worth over $50 million to the franchise, maybe more, and dwight and cp3 would bring similar value

Bulls_fan90
03-16-2012, 08:33 AM
AMNESTY HIM!!.

Rose
Kobe
Deng
Boozer/Taj
Noah

Straight sex.

Knicks21
03-16-2012, 08:34 AM
I wouldn't do it, i know its just business but this goes beyond that. You can't just amnesty Kobe, it isn't the right thing to do.

Law25
03-16-2012, 08:50 AM

Dwight is debatable but Paul helll no!!! I dont care what your advance stat would tell you. With the team he has everyone assumed the Clippers were the new annointed Kings of not only L.A but the Pasific divison, but whats going on in Clipperland right now? Im not trying to diss but do your hear about WorldPeace or Barnes getting in phyiscal altercations with Brown and they had reason to with the way he rotated them starting off the season. I also can say that if Kobe was on the Clips Blake would be playing D like DeAndre, just like Lebron came back from the olmpics shuting people down after a summer with him. aside what what he gives on the court he's a lead by example type of kat (when concerning basketball). You see him working out and you see what it takes to be great, and that alone lights a fire under your butt to work harder.

Law25
03-16-2012, 08:53 AM
.... and ofcourse i wouldnt do it out of respect unless he became a cancer to the team. This Derek Fisher thing has me on alert. I hope he can get over it and play ball.

Jint.
03-16-2012, 08:56 AM
does a bear crap in the woods..?

NBAfan4life
03-16-2012, 09:06 AM
You guys are aware how amnesty works. The salary doesn't count against your cap but you still have to honor the contract. That is a ton of money to pay and not get anything for it.

todu82
03-16-2012, 09:30 AM
I'd go for Option 2. CP3 and Dwight Howard could and should be dominant for the next decade. Kobe's in his mid 30's now and the Lakers have to be thinking about his retiring within the next 3-4 years.

Mcdoh
03-16-2012, 09:39 AM
nope... also need to consider we're he'll be signing/joining if amnestied..

NBAfan4life
03-16-2012, 09:41 AM
I would actually be all for Kobe being amnestied after this year. Only reason why is then the Lakers could fix there cap situations. Also Kobe could sign with anyone. I think he would make a smart choice and win another championship

ManRam
03-16-2012, 09:44 AM
This would mean they'd have to tank it next year. They'd have to move Bynum or let him walk. They'd have to trade Pau in all likelihood. MWP would probably have to go too.

Even without Kobe, that roster is gonna make $30M+ as is, and that's without them filling up their roster. It would take a lot of crafty work to get under the cap enough so as to sign both those guys. And that crafty work would lead to a tank job. The Lakers won't do that next year. This won't happen.

Depending on how he plays next year, a lot of people, even some around LA, think Kobe might get amnestied either way. A lot of money for just one guy to be making.

OA SLAY
03-16-2012, 09:56 AM
Are the lakers really that bad?

Supa
03-16-2012, 10:57 AM

Lakers are way over the cap, just because you knock off Kobe's salary doesn't mean you can use those 30 millions to freely sign other players.

---

RaiderLakersA's
03-16-2012, 11:38 AM
Ask me that in 2013.

basketfan4life
03-16-2012, 11:39 AM
if i were Dwight or Paul and see them amnestying Kobe, i would never sign with them.
If Lakers do that to Kobe, they do that to anyone.

D-Block21-Chito
03-16-2012, 11:44 AM
I can't believe this is even a thread... You laker fans are the worst fans ever.... Kobe is one of the greatest players to ever walk on the court and has brought you 5 championships. You have no respect for him. It is know time for you to support him.

Raph12
03-16-2012, 02:47 PM
i couldn't catch when you turned in to such a hater, you were so cool and rational just a couple months ago...There is nothing easy there, unless if you are going solely by PER, and even that is close.

If I say something bad about Kobe, I'm a Kobe-hater; something about Rose, Rose-hater; something about Durant, Durant-hater; etc, etc... I'm not hating, just stating facts, Kobe's a better scorer than both (again still debatable), but that's about it.

shep33
03-16-2012, 02:58 PM
Nah. In that situation you amnesty Gasol lol.

basketfan4life
03-16-2012, 03:53 PM
If I say something bad about Kobe, I'm a Kobe-hater; something about Rose, Rose-hater; something about Durant, Durant-hater; etc, etc... I'm not hating, just stating facts, Kobe's a better scorer than both (again still debatable), but that's about it.

it's not just this, you say something bad about him every chance you get.

and the bolded part, i don't define the game of bball like that. You can't say player a is better at 1 thing and player b is better at 2 things, so player b is better than player a...It just doesn't work that way, Kobe is still the better winner from that group and that is a lot of information.

We can debate about Dwight and if you say he is better i won't complain. But C. Paul? i don't think so, from the year of 2008, c. paul is overrated, for the first time in my life i see people living in the past for too much about one player.

ManningToTyree
03-16-2012, 03:59 PM
The lakers won't amnesty Kobe.

I would do it.

Odominator
03-16-2012, 04:11 PM
Would you trade Kobe for a package of Dwight and Paul? Yes.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kobe retires after this season.

JordansBulls
03-16-2012, 04:26 PM
For any other organization beside the Lakers you wouldn't amnesty a guy who has helped your franchise, but for a franchise like the Lakers you do it because like always you get the stars to come play for you.

Teeboy1487
03-16-2012, 04:29 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if the Lakers did. This regime could care less about loyalty. As for me, hell no.

john545455
03-16-2012, 04:33 PM
Is everybody serious? Kobe is about to win the scoring title at age 33... wtf is everyone talking about amnesty Kobe? Michael Jordan was able to drop 43 points at 40 years old. Once a steaky shooter always a streaking shooter. He will be able to score until his last days.

basketfan4life
03-16-2012, 04:43 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Kobe retires after this season.
you can't be serious.

Jenceman
03-16-2012, 05:13 PM
I mean it would have to be a guarantee from Paul and Dwight, but yeah I would do it. It would hurt though :laugh2:

RLundi
03-16-2012, 05:22 PM
Is everybody serious? Kobe is about to win the scoring title at age 33... wtf is everyone talking about amnesty Kobe? Michael Jordan was able to drop 43 points at 40 years old. Once a steaky shooter always a streaking shooter. He will be able to score until his last days.

Being a streaky shooter is not a good thing...

Green_Monster
03-16-2012, 05:30 PM

No, just no.

Raph12
03-16-2012, 06:37 PM
it's not just this, you say something bad about him every chance you get.

Guys like Kobe and Rose have been overrated by most fan bases in the last couple of seasons, while guys like Lebron and Melo have been underrated by most fan bases. I'm just trying to be honest, I really couldn't care less about any of those guys, I just watch the games, look at the numbers and give my most objective opinion.

and the bolded part, i don't define the game of bball like that. You can't say player a is better at 1 thing and player b is better at 2 things, so player b is better than player a...It just doesn't work that way, Kobe is still the better winner from that group and that is a lot of information.

I don't define it that way either, but a lot of guys on PSD like to discredit advanced stats (probably because they can't comprehend them) and believe their eyes, so I'm just giving them an arguement they can understand... As for his winning ways, it helps when you play for the Lakers, I believe that franchise has been to the Finals 31 times; they're one of the best franchises at putting championship teams together.

We can debate about Dwight and if you say he is better i won't complain. But C. Paul? i don't think so, from the year of 2008, c. paul is overrated, for the first time in my life i see people living in the past for too much about one player.

Paul's actually very underrated, he isn't scoring like he used to, but he makes up for it by shooting the ball better, lowering his turnovers, etc, etc. His numbers have been better than Kobe's since the 2007 season. Kobe has just had more help than CP3 has, which I don't think we can blame CP3 for.

ryanj12344
03-16-2012, 06:43 PM
Time Warner wouldn't allow the Lakers to do that with their TV contract. Regardless if Kobe's play is declining over the years, he is still the number 1 global icon for the NBA (especially in China) and he makes them waaaaay more money per season then what he gets for his $30 mil salary

basketfan4life
03-17-2012, 05:44 PM
Guys like Kobe and Rose have been overrated by most fan bases in the last couple of seasons, while guys like Lebron and Melo have been underrated by most fan bases. I'm just trying to be honest, I really couldn't care less about any of those guys, I just watch the games, look at the numbers and give my most objective opinion.

I don't define it that way either, but a lot of guys on PSD like to discredit advanced stats (probably because they can't comprehend them) and believe their eyes, so I'm just giving them an arguement they can understand... As for his winning ways, it helps when you play for the Lakers, I believe that franchise has been to the Finals 31 times; they're one of the best franchises at putting championship teams together.

Paul's actually very underrated, he isn't scoring like he used to, but he makes up for it by shooting the ball better, lowering his turnovers, etc, etc. His numbers have been better than Kobe's since the 2007 season. Kobe has just had more help than CP3 has, which I don't think we can blame CP3 for.

you say this, but your objective opinion is all about numbers, also if you look at per and ws may be paul is better since 2007 (i didn't check), but at least last year and this year i don't see how paul is easily better than kobe. Also this is not a math, i don't get how you make up for your scoring by lowering your to by 1 or shooting %1 better.

I mean look at the clippers, they were already expected to break out this year, with eric gordon of course, did chris paul made any real difference? i don't see it, he has a real good squad around him, a lot of people consider it better than lakers, but still Kobe's team wins more games, and i don't see whom c.paul is making better, everybody assumes he makes players around him better right?

Crackadalic
03-17-2012, 05:47 PM
Kobe is the lakers. They make tons of money when he plays.

PocketKings
03-17-2012, 07:50 PM
Absolutely not for one reason, a verbal commitment from Dwight is like believing a prostitute is faithful to only you. Are people forgetting what Dwight has put the Magic and NBA world through the past what 6 months? A verbal commitment from him is nothing. You have it in a blood oath that he signs along with CP3 maybe and even that he's liable to back out on and be on some woman-like ****.

kArSoN RyDaH
03-17-2012, 08:09 PM
I love Kobe too much to let him go. I don't think I'd be able to do it...

NoahH
03-17-2012, 08:14 PM
Personally, yes

Raph12
03-18-2012, 02:00 AM
you say this, but your objective opinion is all about numbers, also if you look at per and ws may be paul is better since 2007 (i didn't check), but at least last year and this year i don't see how paul is easily better than kobe. Also this is not a math, i don't get how you make up for your scoring by lowering your to by 1 or shooting %1 better.

I mean look at the clippers, they were already expected to break out this year, with eric gordon of course, did chris paul made any real difference? i don't see it, he has a real good squad around him, a lot of people consider it better than lakers, but still Kobe's team wins more games, and i don't see whom c.paul is making better, everybody assumes he makes players around him better right?

If you go by numbers, Paul has been better since 2007... It isn't just PER and WS48 (both categories which CP3 is still significantly better than Kobe in), but it's the ast-to ratio, its the difference in shooting percentages (3% difference last season in TS%, 6% difference this season); the numbers are all in favor of CP3, only Kobe's rebounding numbers are better and not significantly, mind you.

Are you kidding man? The Clippers last season were ranked 23rd of 30 teams in Ortg, this season they're Top 5 and I don't think that's because of Vinny Del Negro's great offensive schemes. They jumped from the 23rd of 30 teams (13th in the West) to the 7th best record in the league (4th in the West). You really believe the Clippers would jump that far ahead from last season to this season? Cmon man, not even you can be that ignorant. Blake has been better this season, DeAndre is better, Foye is better; etc, etc.

I don't want to sound like a douche, but it has to be said, Kobe is no longer a top 5 player man (Lebron, Dwight, Durant, Wade and CP3), he and Rose are right outside that Top 5 bubble IMO. I don't hate Kobe, in fact, he's one of my favorite players of all-time, always has been.

joseph aka Jman
03-18-2012, 02:31 AM
I don't want to sound like a douche, but it has to be said, Kobe is no longer a top 5 player man (Lebron, Dwight, Durant, Wade and CP3), he and Rose are right outside that Top 5 bubble IMO. ]

Just more motivation for Kobe to prove all the haters wrong

b@llhog24
03-18-2012, 02:37 AM
I don't want to sound like a douche, but it has to be said, Kobe is no longer a top 5 player man (Lebron, Dwight, Durant, Wade and CP3), he and Rose are right outside that Top 5 bubble IMO. ]

Just more motivation for Kobe to prove all the haters wrong

Kobe is a poster on PSD? :confused:

king4day
03-18-2012, 02:47 AM
That's a LOT of money to pay a star to play for another team. I don't think they'd do it.
It would be the right move basketball-wise, but not financially.

LakersIn5
03-18-2012, 04:05 AM
first dwight and cp3 needs to sign a waiver first :p but before that waive kobe already after this season so that he can come back to the lakers just in time for the 2013-2014 season. LOL

JLynn943
03-18-2012, 04:13 AM
I hate both Kobe and the Lakers, but Kobe is the Lakers. I'd be shocked if they ever amnestied him.

If this scenario ever presented itself, they absolutely should do it. It all just seems very unlikely to me.

celmxc
03-18-2012, 04:40 AM
Im really surprised by the votes... kobe is one of the superstars of the nba ... the only player ppl compare to mj .... amnesty kobe???? Really??

basketfan4life
03-18-2012, 08:10 AM
If you go by numbers, Paul has been better since 2007... It isn't just PER and WS48 (both categories which CP3 is still significantly better than Kobe in), but it's the ast-to ratio, its the difference in shooting percentages (3% difference last season in TS%, 6% difference this season); the numbers are all in favor of CP3, only Kobe's rebounding numbers are better and not significantly, mind you.

Are you kidding man? The Clippers last season were ranked 23rd of 30 teams in Ortg, this season they're Top 5 and I don't think that's because of Vinny Del Negro's great offensive schemes. They jumped from the 23rd of 30 teams (13th in the West) to the 7th best record in the league (4th in the West). You really believe the Clippers would jump that far ahead from last season to this season? Cmon man, not even you can be that ignorant. Blake has been better this season, DeAndre is better, Foye is better; etc, etc.

I don't want to sound like a douche, but it has to be said, Kobe is no longer a top 5 player man (Lebron, Dwight, Durant, Wade and CP3), he and Rose are right outside that Top 5 bubble IMO. I don't hate Kobe, in fact, he's one of my favorite players of all-time, always has been.

look, it seems like you almost always give me the same answer. About the bolded part, last time i checked,Kobe was scoring a ton more, but that is not why i say it is debatable.

We have a problem with you about being better? i don't see how blake and foye are better than last year. blake is shooting higher than last year and that is it. His scoring ,assisting and rebounding numbers are all down from last year. Foye is the same garbage he always is, deandre is a little better than last year but come on, he is scoring 0,3 pts more while shooting %6 worse and he rebounds better, if this is all the difference Cpaul is making, i don't take it. Also DeAndre is a developng young center, everybody would expect a little development from him.

Also everybody thought clippers were a playoff lock this year, they are just 2 games above the 8th place in the west, with eric gordon, they might not me this this good but c.paul is not making the "better then Kobe" superstar difference here.

marferrer
03-18-2012, 01:45 PM

Kobe is great. But 30 mil at age 35? He should play like Jordan in 2013 onwards if he wants to justify that "Jordan Contract".

But knowing Kobe, he can do that. Barring major injuries of course.

CoffeeJanitor
03-18-2012, 01:58 PM
Im really surprised by the votes... kobe is one of the superstars of the nba ... the only player ppl compare to mj .... amnesty kobe???? Really??You would rather have old Kobe than prime Dwight and CP3. Okay.

da ThRONe
03-18-2012, 02:04 PM
No brainer here.

If your the Lakers and you can start off your transition from the Kobe era with D12 and CP3 no way you say no to that even for Kobe. Unless Kobe restructure his deal the Lakers are in big trouble in 2013 when the new CBA tax rules start kicking in anyways.

JordansBulls
03-18-2012, 03:01 PM

What argument does Paul have for being better in 2007?

BradfordIsElite
03-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Nadaaaaaa. You don't trade away the best player in arguably the most successful franchise of all time (along with Boston) for ANYBODY. Shaq was painful enough, not the Black Mamba. He's one of the best ALL TIME GREATS..of all time.

Raph12
03-18-2012, 04:16 PM
look, it seems like you almost always give me the same answer. About the bolded part, last time i checked,Kobe was scoring a ton more, but that is not why i say it is debatable.

Taking significantly more shots tends to have that effect.

We have a problem with you about being better? i don't see how blake and foye are better than last year. blake is shooting higher than last year and that is it. His scoring ,assisting and rebounding numbers are all down from last year. Foye is the same garbage he always is, deandre is a little better than last year but come on, he is scoring 0,3 pts more while shooting %6 worse and he rebounds better, if this is all the difference Cpaul is making, i don't take it. Also DeAndre is a developng young center, everybody would expect a little development from him.

The offense is significantly better this season (22nd ranked Ortg last season, now top 5) and those guys are playing more efficiently. CP3 has made the team significantly better, that is what matters.

Also everybody thought clippers were a playoff lock this year, they are just 2 games above the 8th place in the west, with eric gordon, they might not me this this good but c.paul is not making the "better then Kobe" superstar difference here.

Show me any post that had them jumping from 23rd in the league to 8th place, go ahead I dare you. You guys need to stop acting as if you saw this coming, before CP3 got there, this was still a lottery team; Blake did not improve enough, Butler is still trash and Chauncey doesn't put them over any humps. To say CP3 doesn't make a Kobe-like "superstar difference" is laughable, he's made that Clipps team as good as it can be offensively, the problem is on the defensive end and that starts with the coaching.

What argument does Paul have for being better in 2007?

He wasn't, I meant he's been better since the end of the 2006-07 season; CP3 has been better from the 2007-08 season, until today.