03-16-2012, 01:22 AM
24-18..... and they keep on losing.

Whats wrong with them? they have great pieces but the puzzle is not fitting

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-16-2012, 01:26 AM
No Chauncey and a sucky coach.

CudiOnMyiPod
03-16-2012, 01:32 AM
Blake Griffin is a very fun player to watch but he doesn't have the whole "winning" concept yet. Same with Jordan.

Chris Paul is the reason why they are relevant right now.

Losing Chauncey REALLY killed them because he was the vet leader with championship experience. He was actually their go-to-guy in the clutch too.

And they don't play defense.

Trading Griffin/Jordan for Dwight and pieces would make them easy Western Conference favorites with OKC but they will never trade Blake.

NetsPaint
03-16-2012, 01:35 AM
Chris Paul is lazy.

Sinestro
03-16-2012, 01:37 AM
Defense kind of sucks, the coach and they still need some more pieces

itsripcity32
03-16-2012, 01:37 AM
Billlllllllllllllllllllllups. /thread

Avenged
03-16-2012, 01:41 AM
Billups.. Coach.. Caron Butler has been sucking it up.

I think they will be dangerous in the playoffs. They're like an x factor team, they can get eliminated in the 1st or they can make a deep playoff run and nobody would be surprised.

PleaseBeNice
03-16-2012, 01:43 AM
Simple. Overrated

lamar2006
03-16-2012, 01:46 AM
Lob City doesnt win you games. Jordan other than dunking and blocking cant do anything else. Griffin is still an average shooter. Yes, Love is >>>>>>>>>> that Griffin in every aspect except high flying. Butler is old as dirt and not his old self. Paul is Paul. And VDN is a terrible coach. Nick Young who they got will jack up shots playing the Kobe part on the Clippers. I dont know Williams is a good PG. They just suck and will always be the JV team in LA.

Sactown
03-16-2012, 01:47 AM
Poor team defense.
Poor Coaching.
No leadership.

shep33
03-16-2012, 01:49 AM
I think they're a very good team, and they can beat anybody out west on any given night. Problem is they're a jumpshooting team, and Caron and Foye seem like they haven't made a shot in a year.

That being said, Nick Young will be a good pickup...if he falls in line with CP3 being in command.

Also I take it from Clipper fans that Vinny is iffy

5ass
03-16-2012, 01:49 AM
Billups injury, Del Negro's dumbass, Bulter not stepping up when billups went down, and just overall team defense.

UPRock
03-16-2012, 01:51 AM
Vinny El Negro sucks, that's why.

Bulls_fan90
03-16-2012, 01:53 AM
Vinny El Negro sucks, that's why.
Bingo!!!

heyman321
03-16-2012, 02:20 AM
They have AIDS.

DoMeFavors
03-16-2012, 02:23 AM
They have depth and vets but some of playing bad in the last few games like Caron.

jsthornton7
03-16-2012, 02:30 AM
who would have thought that billups would be the MVP of that team

Raph12
03-16-2012, 02:30 AM
Poor coaching, poor defense and an undersized SG...

apet8945
03-16-2012, 02:33 AM
Hmmm, surprised nobody has mentioned their inability to make free throws. As a Clipper fan, I can tell you this is the most alarming of all our problems right now. We probably don't go on this losing streak if we make more free throws.

kblo247
03-16-2012, 04:00 AM
Kenyon Martin is their only fundamentally good one on one defender

- Caron has slowed since the knee injury
- CP3 was always a gambler who would play Iverson steal D over bodying someone up
- Jordan jumps at anything if you are smart enough to fake him
- Blake's best defense is an over dramatic flop
- Foye and Mo are both too small to match strength with SG's unlike Chauncey
- Reggie was always just a rebound guy, not a post defender or shot blocker
- Nick Young's best defense is working you with his offense

They are the 05 Phoenix Suns of LA ... not even lob city in their own building either

VDN ain't helping either

Punk
03-16-2012, 04:09 AM
-Vinny Del Negro as coach of Bulls 40-40 record.

-Tom Thibs as coach of Bulls 62-20 record.

I think we know what the issue is. The coach.

The offense kinda sucks, the defense is pretty poor since Jordan is too raw still, there is no leadership. Everything is on CP3 and sometimes the leaders can lose their focus (See Chris Paul vs Boston on Monday).

They will be fine until they get a good veteran coach like Jerry Sloan who would be the perfect fit to get Chris Paul and Blake on the same page because they have terrible chemistry at times.

Sadds The Gr8
03-16-2012, 04:10 AM

- CP3 was always a gambler who would play Iverson steal D over bodying someone up

They are the 05 Phoenix Suns of LA ... not even lob city in their own building either

VDN ain't helping either
-CP3 isn't the player he was 4 years ago
-only person that can score off the bench is Mo.
-Caron sucking
-no SG
-half court offense blows

YoungOne
03-16-2012, 04:37 AM
I only care for our draft pick, so I'm getting happier with the clippers falling in the standings :)

Cal827
03-16-2012, 09:59 AM
Apparently, dunking the ball doesn't count for any defensive statistics

MrfadeawayJB
03-16-2012, 11:52 AM
Are they over rated, Yes. But i think the main problem is that CP3 is not looking to score more points. With Billups out, they dont really have a good second scorer, thats where paul needed to step in. Griffin is there #1 scorer, Paul needs to be the second and quit deferring to Butler and Foye for 3 qtrs. CP3 has shown he can score when he needs to in the fourth, but some games he needs to throughout the game.

Maybe the signing of Nick Young will help solve this issue

Rivera
03-16-2012, 11:56 AM
Bad Coach
No D
Losing Chauncey
Griffin/Jordan dont understand the "winning" concept yet
Blake having a "down" years (compared 2 last year...he really hasnt gotten much better)

But they will be alright they have talent...they have one of the worst coaches in the league and there still over .500

NoahH
03-16-2012, 11:57 AM
Hey they got nick young. They good now

NetsPaint
03-16-2012, 01:12 PM
As I said on page one, Chris Paul is lazy. He came to the Clippers thinking he wouldn't have to do as much work which isn't the case. Even if he turns it on in the Playoffs like last season, I don't respect that. You try to help to improve your team at all times. Is he passing up open shots again this season? Steve Nash would be so much better with the Clippers.

flclfanman
03-16-2012, 01:30 PM
Awful Coach

Weak D

Bad off. sets

Mo Williams playing 2 guard.

It starts with the coach tho. If CHRIS PAUL is having a tough time setting ppl up on offense you know there's a prob. VDN nearly killed Rose/Deng/Noah's development in Chi. :mad:

Chronz
03-16-2012, 01:41 PM
There is nothing WRONG with our team, we are simply playing to our talent level, if anyone has been underperforming its Butler but hes no star.

SportsAndrew25
03-16-2012, 02:34 PM
As many have said before me, losing that veteran presence in Billips really hurt this team. I think that this team will likely be hunting for a new coach in the near future.

Chronz
03-16-2012, 02:52 PM
I suppose you could blame our coach for not doing anything to our defense but even then we have some pretty **** defenders. CP3 is having a season where hes shooting more than I like, and having to bail us out more than he should, that may hint to a bad offensive system.

Jarvo
03-16-2012, 02:59 PM
Blake Griffin = Most Overrated Player In The NBA :shush:

Jarvo
03-16-2012, 03:01 PM
And stuff shouldnt matter til how they play in the playoffs

mdm692
03-16-2012, 03:09 PM

VDN ain't helping either

how are they the 05 phx suns lol. Theyre not even close the 05 suns had 3 all stars an emerging joe johnson, 6th man barbosa and q letting it rain from the 3 spot. That team won 62 games, nash was mvp and had it not been for joe johnsons injury in the playoffs we might be looking at a different champion that year. Yes they played no defense bu then again the suns of 05 would let you score 100pts then come back and drop 115-120 night in night out. Yes the clippers are a good team but once teams are starting to figuore out cp3 and blake and jordan something that cant be said regarding nash.

cubbies7177
03-16-2012, 03:39 PM
I think they're a very good team, and they can beat anybody out west on any given night. Problem is they're a jumpshooting team, and Caron and Foye seem like they haven't made a shot in a year.

That being said, Nick Young will be a good pickup...if he falls in line with CP3 being in command.

Also I take it from Clipper fans that Vinny is iffy

You hit the nail on the head. They can beat any team on any given night, but I can't see them taking many teams in 7 games.

Griffin = All Flash. His endurance also looks awful... He looks so tired in the 4th. Nonetheless, he has been carrying his weight.

CP3 = CP3. Great in the 4th. Great distributor. You can tell he's getting tired of creating for everyone though. He just needs more time to mesh with the new team.

Nick Young = Chucker to the Max. I would say that playing for a winning team might help him, but he's playing for VDN. VDN has no system, and therefore, no way of controlling chuckers.

C. Bulter = Used. Spent.

D. Jordan = Funniest player in the NBA. I love that he thinks he's a "somebody." Cool, you can dunk. Cool, you can block. Cool, you can't actually play good defense. Cool, you can't hit a FT. Cool, you are overpaid out of your mind and you better start developing FAST.

Team won't be competitive for years if they stick with this. They need more than Blake + CP3. They need team defense - something VDN knows so little about.

lol, please
03-16-2012, 03:45 PM
24-18..... and they keep on losing.

Whats wrong with them? they have great pieces but the puzzle is not fitting

This. more blatant baiting? Cannot be found. over/under 300 shots taken at the Clippers before this thread fades away or is locked?

over/under on only 30% of them being funny?
:rolleyes:

xILLN355
03-16-2012, 03:55 PM
poor defense

Mcdoh
03-16-2012, 04:08 PM
because vinny is their coach... look at bulls when vinny is there coach back then..

zB_#85
03-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Overrated. Over hyped. Expectations were too high. The strong start (before their most important player got hurt) only spiraled those expectations further out of control. I also think they are a bit cocky and just going through a tough patch/reality check. 5/6 seed in west with a punchers chance in 1st rd but won't go any further this year.

KingPosey
03-16-2012, 04:32 PM
Everyone ripping on Paul for being lazy or not being the same player anymore are not watching games flat out. Because if you exclude the last week, he has been flat out awesome. Pay attention. Some of the names I saw making comments know better.

beasted86
03-16-2012, 04:36 PM
Play some defense.

/thread.

uprightciti
03-16-2012, 04:43 PM
hmm THERE CURSED!

The goods
03-16-2012, 04:48 PM
They were sooooo hyped up,being called lob city when the lakers have more alley-oops than they do or atleast they did the last time I checked,but they'll get it going nick young should help so don't count them out yet.

The goods
03-16-2012, 04:49 PM
hmm THERE CURSED!

That's what a lot of people say....the clipper curse.

ManningToTyree
03-16-2012, 04:50 PM
Nothing is wrong with them. Who expected them to be better than this?

**** coach and a major injury hurt big time.

The goods
03-16-2012, 04:52 PM
When billups went down I didn't think much of it since chris paul is a great leader,but boy was I wrong maybe they need more vets on that team,but their fans were cocky as hell saying they stole paul from us so maybe its karma.

b@llhog24
03-16-2012, 06:50 PM
They have AIDS.

:laugh:

meloman1592
03-16-2012, 07:11 PM
they have aids.

lmaooooooooooooooooooooooo

justjames
03-16-2012, 08:02 PM
They're the Clippers. Is there anything else needed to be said. The basketball gods will always come back to remind them of that.

Cracka2HI!
03-17-2012, 12:21 AM
Everything has already been said here including a couple funny jokes and many lame ones. I'll put in my 2 cents anyway. The team has been struggling bad since Chauncey went out(9-11) but the wierd thing is we are beating most of the good teams. That includes a win at San Antonio(albiet without Parker). We hadn't won there since the 80's...seriously. Ok well maybe not that bad :p We also havent been blown out yet. Point being the team has still showed it can play during the slide.

Main problem...Del Sucko is a horrible coach. I doubt and don't think we should replace him during the season either. I do get the sense that the players like him and play hard for him and there is a lot to be said about that. Especially when talking about a move mid-season. If the coaching change goes bad it can destroy the team and we can't afford that. We do seem to have good team chemistry and again there is a lot to be said about that. We have a 2 year window to keep CP3 and Blake and that is more important than anything.

My diagonesis for my Clippers moving forward this season is the same as it always has been this season. We will be in the playoffs no doubt. We can be anywhere from 2-7. Most likly in the middle. We can beat anyone in a playoff series and have already beaten OKC(easily) and Miami to prove it. However we can also lose any playoff series. There has rarely been a team like this and our recent struggles really prove that point. Just last night we were up 17 to Phoenix without Nash and ended up losing, so we can obviously in true Clipper fashion still lose any game. On the flip we side we look as good or better than any other team in the league a lot.

So there is my diagonesis. A playoff team that could go all the way or lose in the first round. My prediciton and dream...Nick Young proves to be the missing link and replacement for Billups. Lakers take the Pacific Division but we maintain our 4th seed spot and win the first round. OKC(2nd Round) is actually a good mathcup for us and less expierenced. I think we can win that one. Then we get to the finals. The improved Lakers vs my Clipps! LA goes nuts and the Clipps win it and take over the city. After that who cares what happens in the finals!

On a serious note if we can aviod the Spurs I think we match up well against anyone assuming Nick Young fills the void at the 2. Also on a serious note...I hate to say it...I don't think the Clipps can take the Lakers in a series yet this season, but I'd love to see it...as long as it's not in the 1st round.

Ty Fast
03-17-2012, 12:44 AM
Billlllllllllllllllllllllups. /thread

u mean BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBILUPS
their coach sucks

Yakuza
03-17-2012, 01:19 AM
Its the Clippers what much more do you have to diagnose. The closest they will get to a championship banner is when they pull down the lakers banners for home games.

shep33
03-17-2012, 01:56 AM
Very dangerous team IMO. Never liked Vinny though.

BradfordIsElite
03-17-2012, 02:21 AM
The Clippers will be fine. They may be going through a tough stretch right now but that's going to happen to ANY team playing with younger players and in their first season playing together. Paul is still only 26 years old. He's shown nice strides so far, along with a share of low performances at times, overall has been great for them. The Clippers finally now have not only a superstar in CP3, but also an emerging star on the rise in Blake Griffin..things will only progress for them. DeAndre Jordan, Mo Williams, Caron Bulter and now Nick Young joining them to become the starting shooting guard. He will provide a much needed boost there. Great supporting cast overall.

Chronz
03-17-2012, 03:01 AM
Thats a well written response Cracka, its true VDN may shoulder a fair share of the blame for our inability to close games out, but its also true that being a team involved in so many tight games is a sign of a .500 team. Thats roughly what we have been without Billups, yes we can theoretically win a few more of those close games even just by chance, but thats a moral victory, the great teams blow teams out, not barely scrape by. We are what we are bro, a .500 team that will get crushed unless Blake makes the leap, or the role players (Butler, Young, Foye) raise their collective level of play.

Chronz
03-17-2012, 03:02 AM
I think we should trade Mo+Butler in the off-season.

Delusional
03-17-2012, 03:47 AM
The Clippers are a slightly above average team who overachieved in the first half of the season, but have hit the wall because of not having Billups finally catching up to them and Caron Butler/Randy Foye playing really poor as of late. Don't count them out though, they have the athleticism to power through teams in the playoffs.

kArSoN RyDaH
03-17-2012, 04:11 AM
There is nothing WRONG with our team, we are simply playing to our talent level, if anyone has been underperforming its Butler but hes no star.

Since when did you become a Clipper fan?

What part of LA you from?

Chronz
03-17-2012, 11:46 AM

Since when did you become a Clipper fan?

What part of LA you from?
Always

West Covina but moving to Temple City this week, what about you

the_antz_nest
03-17-2012, 01:33 PM
Poor team defense.
Poor Coaching.
No leadership.

this.

Blake is waaaaayyyyyyy overated. Dunks are nice, but when your go to move is face up, back down dribble between legs and shoot 360 hooks over the d. that doesnt really cut it. teams catch on and will play you for that all night. needs time.
billups was their leader and kept them afloat (wid cp3) for not having a 2 guard cause he could still d up bigger opponents ( come play off time you know kobe, harden etc. were gonna tear him up)

basically this is cp3 hornets 2.0 with worse d and rebounding (jordan) and less hustle and scoring (ariza, peja)

nick young is a good pick up for them off the bench but it needs to start with blakes improvment on d, rebounding (for how atheltic and is size he should be dominating) and offensive moves, iQ.

oh and a better coach... right now i think cp3 is making vinny look to good its embrassing...