PDA

View Full Version : Roster Speculation Thread Volume 7

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

kjoke
03-15-2012, 10:32 PM
Buyouts, Buyouts, Buyouts!

therealwd27
03-15-2012, 11:56 PM
Chris Anderson maybe..FA available Solomon Jones, Chris Johnson. Both long atheltic Centers..CJohnson was d-league DPOY last year.

But LET CURRY PLAY!!! hes lost a **** load of weight come on hes finally below 300lbs

http://instagr.am/p/IDQVObK8Qr/

^ look @ how skinny hes gotten. come on spo

xfyre
03-16-2012, 12:18 AM
we dont really need a scoring center...they will never get any plays that matter...what we need is someone who can play off the ball...and really good at rebounding

beasted86
03-16-2012, 12:39 AM
Nuggets have no motivation to buy out Andersen who has 2 more years left after this one unless he's giving up significant money.

Chris Johnson weighs less than Wade... just doesn't have enough size.

I wouldn't mind signing Solomon Jones to a 10 day contract though.

lavilevi23
03-16-2012, 02:17 AM
Fck this. I'm so disappointed right now. Riley ****ed up this time and its gonna kill us in the playoffs. No legit capable starting center = no championship and don't give me that "we were 2 games away last year bullsht. Fck Stern and the lame *** Hornets and fck the Rockets for taking all our bigs. HEAT are in serious problems right now especially after last night's pathetic performance at the boards.
Mark my words - without rebounding we won't get past the ECF.
We desperately need a servicable big. Kaman won't be bought out. JO if healthy could be ok but I doubt he is and he'll be waived. Camby is perfect but won't be bought out as well, so basiclly we're ****ed with the team we have and the laughable rotation in the center position - the most important position in a half-court playoff game. Damn!~

lavilevi23
03-16-2012, 04:53 AM
On side note:

‪Chris Tomasson‬ ‏ @christomasson
Ronny Turiaf has seven-year averages of 5.2 points and 3.8 rebounds. He has NBA Finals experience with the Lakers in 2008.

Chris Tomasson‬ ‏ @christomasson
Ronny Turiaf has played in just 4 games this year. He had broken hand but was cleared to return Tuesday. Might be best big man Heat can get.

Ronny Turiaf obviously won't have his $4.36 million contract picked up on waivers so he would be available for the Heat next week.

Another big man candidate has emerged for Heat in 6-10, 250-pound Ronny Turiaf,, who'll be waived by Denver to make room for Wilson Chandler

devilsheat25
03-16-2012, 09:46 AM
Fck this. I'm so disappointed right now. Riley ****ed up this time and its gonna kill us in the playoffs. No legit capable starting center = no championship and don't give me that "we were 2 games away last year bullsht. Fck Stern and the lame *** Hornets and fck the Rockets for taking all our bigs. HEAT are in serious problems right now especially after last night's pathetic performance at the boards.
Mark my words - without rebounding we won't get past the ECF.
We desperately need a servicable big. Kaman won't be bought out. JO if healthy could be ok but I doubt he is and he'll be waived. Camby is perfect but won't be bought out as well, so basiclly we're ****ed with the team we have and the laughable rotation in the center position - the most important position in a half-court playoff game. Damn!~

You sound mad.

Slug3
03-16-2012, 10:08 AM
At this point its really just let Curry play a lot more and see what he can do.

beasted86
03-16-2012, 10:17 AM
On side note:

Ronny Turiaf has seven-year averages of 5.2 points and 3.8 rebounds. He has NBA Finals experience with the Lakers in 2008.

Chris Tomasson‬ ‏ @christomasson
Ronny Turiaf has played in just 4 games this year. He had broken hand but was cleared to return Tuesday. Might be best big man Heat can get.

Ronny Turiaf obviously won't have his $4.36 million contract picked up on waivers so he would be available for the Heat next week.

Another big man candidate has emerged for Heat in 6-10, 250-pound Ronny Turiaf,, who'll be waived by Denver to make room for Wilson Chandler

I will definitely take Turiaf.

As I have been preaching constantly.... ANY upgrade over Pittman & Curry is welcome!!

justinnum1
03-16-2012, 10:30 AM
yea, i would take turiaf

beasted86
03-16-2012, 10:41 AM
Big man options

Buyout options
The two on Heat fan’s tongues are Chris Kaman, who survived the deadline with the New Orleans Hornets, and Jermaine O’Neal of the Boston Celtics.

The hurdles with Kaman are many. Team general manager Dell Demps told the New Orleans Times-Picayune “our intention is to keep Chris” but “never say never.” Even if Demps wants to buy Kaman out the ownership – the league’s 29 owners right now – would have to approve by a majority. There would seem to be little to no chance of that happening because owners wouldn’t want to help a rival.

Even if that somehow too place Kaman would have other suitors and some may be more attractive to him than Miami. Clearly, he’d be the Heat’s dream late-season pickup and likely would move into the starting lineup quickly. But it also seems like it’s a bit of a long shot.

As for O’Neal, the Celtics just lost center Chris Wilcox for the season because of a heart issue and they are currently lined up to play the Heat in the first round of the playoffs. Very slim chance he’s let go under those circumstances. It's also worth noting that O'Neal took to his Twitter account early Friday morning -- the first time he'd used it in six months -- to deny any rumors he'd wanted a buyout as was floated.

One name that likely will be on the market is Ronny Turiaf. The 6-10 energy guy is headed for waivers after the Nuggets traded for him Thursday as part of a larger deal. But he's only managed to play four games this season for one of the worst teams in the league in Washington.

There will certainly be a player or two who gets bought out before the March 23 deadline that is unexpected – it happened with Mike Bibby last year – and the Heat have their fingers crossed the surprise buyout this year is a big man. That’s been their hope all along.

D-Leaguers
There are a couple of veterans who have been playing in the D-League waiting for a call up. Two that standout, scouts say, are Dan Gadzuric and Mikki Moore.

Gadzuric is not a banger but still moves well and that would fit in with the Heat’s system. He’s currently playing for the Texas Legends and averaging a double double. He played last year for the New Jersey Nets.

Moore hasn’t played in the league in two years but has been playing well for the Idaho Stampede. He has never been a great rebounder, though, which might limit the interest the Heat have in him.

Free agents
There are a couple big bodies who are waiting for the phone to ring and presumably staying in shape. The names will not inspire confidence. The most intriguing – Kenyon Martin and Joel Przybilla – have already turned the Heat down to sign elsewhere.

At the top of this list is Kyrylo Fesenko, who hasn’t been heard from since a deal to sign with the Golden State Warriors fell through in December. An injury and a long time in his native Ukraine left him badly out of shape at the time. He’s supposedly been focusing on getting in playing condition. He’s a wide body that the Heat would be interested in but they don’t have time for him to play his way into shape like Curry and Pittman did.

Also on this list are Soloman Jones, recently cut by the Clippers, and DJ Mbenga, the rugged center who carved out a niche with the Lakers on their latest title teams. But neither would seem like a true upgrade from Pittman at the moment.

European options
There are several players who are overseas that could fill the spot. But there are contractual issues that often get in the way of these types of moves. Nenad Kristic, for example, is locked into a deal with CSKA Moscow. As is Andrei Kirilenko. There are some other former NBA big men like Darnell Jackson, Hilton Armstrong and Alexis Ajinca in Europe as well. But, again, it’s a question of whether any of them could give the Heat more than Pittman or Curry.

It does seem likely that the Heat will add a big man with their 15th roster spot. Perhaps he’s mentioned here and perhaps he’s not. Pat Riley has pulled off roster miracles before but the overall outlook shouldn’t be to expect the cavalry.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/12947/assessing-the-heats-options-post-deadline

godolphins
03-16-2012, 11:01 AM
Chris Anderson maybe..FA available Solomon Jones, Chris Johnson. Both long atheltic Centers..CJohnson was d-league DPOY last year.

But LET CURRY PLAY!!! hes lost a **** load of weight come on hes finally below 300lbs

http://instagr.am/p/IDQVObK8Qr/

^ look @ how skinny hes gotten. come on spo

Pitman is a better option than Curry

Canes0097
03-16-2012, 11:31 AM
why are we still talking about curry?! he sucks!

justinnum1
03-16-2012, 11:51 AM
reynolds
On the Jermaine O'Neal front, it's true, he's told people basically from the moment he left Miami that he would happily return. Stay tuned.

gotoHcarolina52
03-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Turiaf would be nice

therealwd27
03-16-2012, 12:20 PM
Pitman is a better option than Curry

No way man..Pittman isnt good on offense at all. the other center doesnt even have to guard him

Valkyrie
03-16-2012, 12:20 PM
I would welcome JO back with open arms. He's taller than Joel, just as good a shot blocker, better rebounder, and can hit the jumper. WHY not? I dont give a crap that he left and sucked vs Boston in the playoffs! Bring him in!

therealwd27
03-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Turiaf best bet..But Pittman hasnt proved ****, Curry has only had very limited time. Spo will give him some time. book it

kntresistheheat
03-16-2012, 12:38 PM
JO would only be a last option. The heat should tell him we need to rebound rebound rebound, block, block, and some scoring would be nice! :)

CHANGO
03-16-2012, 12:55 PM
1. Fact or Fiction: Heat fans should be bummed about the trade deadline.

Haberstroh: Fiction. My Twitter inbox was filled with panic from Heat fans looking for a backup center, but I have a box of chill pills to dole out. The Heat might not have a legitimate center on the roster that can play 5-10 productive minutes, but the Heat still have the sixth-highest rebound rate in the NBA and the top basket defense in the league (by opposing field goal percentage at the rim).

Wallace: Fiction. Fans who have an ounce of perspective will realize that the Heat lack reasonable assets beyond LeBron James, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade. Truth is, you can't really complain much when you've got a roster with those three at the top. On the other hand, the could be options to upgrade the roster in the coming days through free agency via the waiver wire.

Windhorst: Fiction. No player traded was as good as LeBron James, Dwyane Wade or Chris Bosh. They're still doing quite well, it seems.

Turiaf, JO anyone is better than Curry and Pittman.

therealwd27
03-16-2012, 01:02 PM
Turiaf best bet

therealwd27
03-16-2012, 01:14 PM
Rockets waived G/F Terrence Williams.
This one came out of nowhere. Williams, the 11th overall pick from the 2009 draft, has been buried in Houston's rotation for the majority of the season and has played in just two games since March began. He was averaging just 4.5 points per game this season, and two teams have now given up on the 24-year-old. He'll likely get another shot elsewhere.

Heater4life
03-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Hopefully something shakes loose soon enough. If not, bring in Turiaf and hope he's servicible.

Slug3
03-16-2012, 02:20 PM
Bring shaq out of retirement. Lol

justinnum1
03-16-2012, 02:52 PM
aldridge
Rockets will buy out Derek Fisher, declare the future is in front of them.

as a 3rd string backup, get him.

therealwd27
03-16-2012, 02:56 PM
The Celtics may consider signing recently waived F/C Chris Johnson.
Johnson actually played in several games for Boston last year and with the recent news that Chris Wilcox and Jermaine O'Neal are being shut down for the year it makes some sense. Even if he did make his return to Boston, Johnson belongs on waiver wires.
Source: Chris Forsberg on Twitter Mar 16 - 2:31 PM

therealwd27
03-16-2012, 02:56 PM
aldridge

as a 3rd string backup, get him.

Who do we waive? We need a big before a PG, and if anything Carter better bet

Valkyrie
03-16-2012, 02:58 PM
Sign Fisher and JO?

justinnum1
03-16-2012, 02:59 PM
Who do we waive? We need a big before a PG, and if anything Carter better bet

we have a spot open, and if we find a decent center cut harris or curry(sorry)

^i'd be fine with fisher and JO

I really would be surprised if we dont pick up fish

gotoHcarolina52
03-16-2012, 03:01 PM
Eww

Valkyrie
03-16-2012, 03:02 PM
The only reason I would want Fisher is because he's clutch, something our team isn't.

Slug3
03-16-2012, 03:24 PM
Fish cannot be on this team, we are too fast paced for his old self. But I would probably enjoy watching him more than Cole who seems cant make a layup anymore.

justinnum1
03-16-2012, 03:26 PM
If chalmers were to get injured, we would be totally ****ed. The thought of cole getting more than 22 minutes a game is scary as ****.

Valkyrie
03-16-2012, 03:31 PM
I really wish Chalmers wasn't in the 3 point competition . This reminds me of when Cook sucked right after being in it, although he won.

CHANGO
03-16-2012, 03:32 PM
First a big man.

I don't care about Fisher right now, we need a big not another old name.

justinnum1
03-16-2012, 03:38 PM
I really wish Chalmers wasn't in the 3 point competition . This reminds me of when Cook sucked right after being in it, although he won.

yea, ever since all star break rio been horrible.

Valkyrie
03-16-2012, 03:41 PM
A. Sherrod Blakely: #CelticsTalk:
Look for the Jermaine O'Neal situation with the #Celtics to come to close by early next week, source tells #CSNNE.com.

Looks like he will be bought out I guess. Do we even want him?

Valkyrie
03-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Oden Wants To Play Again, Interested In Pacers

Greg Oden is committed to playing basketball again, his agent Mike Conley Sr. confirmed. Oden was waived by the Blazers on Thursday.

Oden recently underwent his third microfracture knee surgery and his second on his left knee.

Oden briefly considered retirement, but is focused on rehabbing in Indianapolis.

Conley says Oden has expressed interest in playing for the Pacers when he recovers.

Lol.

justinnum1
03-16-2012, 03:45 PM
A. Sherrod Blakely: #CelticsTalk:

Looks like he will be bought out I guess. Do we even want him?

even if we got him, i dot think he would make it through the playoffs, i read he has only played like 40 games since 2010.

Valkyrie
03-16-2012, 03:47 PM
Anything is better than what we have now.

Slug3
03-16-2012, 03:48 PM
even if we got him, i dot think he would make it through the playoffs, i read he has only played like 40 games since 2010.

Yeah, just remembering his shooting from the Boston playoff series make me:mad:

kjoke
03-16-2012, 04:18 PM
O'neal Bosh didn't work back in the day, it won't work now.

**** you J.O, had you had a reasonable series vs Boston, we would have made it past them. **** you.

Valkyrie
03-16-2012, 04:24 PM
I doubt JO, or anyone else for that matter would start. Joel is our starter. It's just about getting another center or two now.

therealwd27
03-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Chris Tomasson: Anthony Carter would have interest in returning to Miami but there has been no contact from Heat. "I definitely would go to Miami,'' he said Twitter

justinnum1
03-16-2012, 04:41 PM
ill take him

Valkyrie
03-16-2012, 04:45 PM
Fisher shoots better than Carter, but Carter defends better than Fisher.

therealwd27
03-16-2012, 04:46 PM
Yea AC def a much better defender than Fisher. Either or, but we need to focus on a Center first

Valkyrie
03-16-2012, 04:48 PM
I guess i'd rather have Fish though. Even if AC is a good defender, he's old as fck and probably can't guard young pgs. Not saying Fish can, but he has hit so many clutch shots in the playoffs, you can't even count them with your fingers. Don't really care either way, though. We don't need either of them.

beasted86
03-16-2012, 05:14 PM
yea, ever since all star break rio been horrible.

Not any worse than Cole has been.

Both of them have taken a significant step back since the All-star break. They must have been partying and eating candy in the Hotel rooms together or something... SMH.

justinnum1
03-16-2012, 05:20 PM
Not any worse than Cole has been.

Both of them have taken a significant step back since the All-star break. They must have been partying and eating candy in the Hotel rooms together or something... SMH.
Cole has been pretty terrible ever since about the 3rd week lol he has a good game once in a while but just very inconsistent

rio went from shooting about 45% from 3 to like 30% :pity:

beasted86
03-16-2012, 06:37 PM
Cole has been pretty terrible ever since about the 3rd week lol he has a good game once in a while but just very inconsistent

rio went from shooting about 45% from 3 to like 30% :pity:

Cole shot 45%, 41% and 43% for December, January, and February.

He's shooting 34% since the All-star game through March.

naps
03-17-2012, 03:02 PM
Cole shot 45%, 41% and 43% for December, January, and February.

He's shooting 34% since the All-star game through March.

oh god it was not too long ago that norris Cole was considered as the steal of his draft class. And now seeing him on the court makes me feel like throwing up. I wish our young players were never invited in the 3 point shooting contest. Mario has been reminding me of Cook.

beasted86
03-17-2012, 06:45 PM
Bartelstein also represents forward Ronny Turiaf, who will not play in Denver. Turiaf is also expected to receive a buyout from the Nuggets and would draw interest in the free agent market. Turiaf was activated for the Wizards’ 107-98 loss in Dallas but didn’t play. Bartelstein said Turiaf is healthy and ready to go after being out since Jan. 1 because of a broken left hand.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wizards-insider/post/nene-physical-likely-saturday-cook-might-discuss-buyout/2012/03/17/gIQAvkHkIS_blog.html

Riley needs to get to recruiting this guy to Miami. He has adequate playoff experience and is plain better and more dependable than Pittman right now.

justinnum1
03-17-2012, 07:08 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wizards-insider/post/nene-physical-likely-saturday-cook-might-discuss-buyout/2012/03/17/gIQAvkHkIS_blog.html

Riley needs to get to recruiting this guy to Miami. He has adequate playoff experience and is plain better and more dependable than Pittman right now.

Yea, after kaman(who is a real long shot) turiaf might be our best option.

kjoke
03-17-2012, 07:20 PM
I don't mind some Turiaf. Man plays with heart and can get a rebound, and block

kjoke
03-17-2012, 07:30 PM
The only thing about Turiaf, is that, do you feel as if he would be playing in the playoffs and contribute? Any move now is a move for the playoffs, and I don't know how much better he will make us.

justinnum1
03-17-2012, 07:36 PM
The only thing about Turiaf, is that, do you feel as if he would be playing in the playoffs and contribute? Any move now is a move for the playoffs, and I don't know how much better he will make us.

He would only be of use to teams like orlando and boston.

i cant see him playing agasint the small athletic teams. But 10-15 minutes he could probably help, especially if we are going to be seeing orlando in the 2nd round. I still think we would win that series without him but i can see rebounding forcing us to go 6 or 7 vs the magic. Especially if bosh and anthony are going to combine for less than 10rpg.

beasted86
03-17-2012, 08:03 PM

Yes, he would be playing. There is 48 minutes at PF & C making for 96 minutes total. You have to figure Bosh will play his 36 minutes. Haslem will see a slight increase to maybe 28 minutes. That still leave 32 minutes. No chance whatsoever Joel Anthony averages the full 32 minutes left over.

He will play around 18 minutes (less than his normal 22 because of expected foul trouble and lessened effectiveness in the playoffs) and Turiaf would fill in for the 14 minutes left.

beasted86
03-17-2012, 08:27 PM
@christomasson

Denver's Ronny Turiaf not expected to be waived until around Monday. If then, would clear waivers Wednesday. He's a Heat big man candidate.
https://twitter.com/#!/christomasson/status/180794650246922240

unleashthebeast
03-17-2012, 08:35 PM
Always have loved Turiaf, one of my favorite role players in the league. Dude never quits, gives 110% whenever on the court. I feel like he would be a great addition for this team, would love to add him.

kjoke
03-17-2012, 09:01 PM
Yes, he would be playing. There is 48 minutes at PF & C making for 96 minutes total. You have to figure Bosh will play his 36 minutes. Haslem will see a slight increase to maybe 28 minutes. That still leave 32 minutes. No chance whatsoever Joel Anthony averages the full 32 minutes left over.

He will play around 18 minutes (less than his normal 22 because of expected foul trouble and lessened effectiveness in the playoffs) and Turiaf would fill in for the 14 minutes left.

Lebron the other 14 :shrug: Small ball

But, again, its added depth. Hopefully not dead weight like our other centers

lavilevi23
03-17-2012, 09:08 PM
Riley get Turiaf nowwwwwwwwwwwww!

justinnum1
03-17-2012, 09:10 PM
first he has to clear waivers...

beasted86
03-17-2012, 09:31 PM
Lebron the other 14 :shrug: Small ball

But, again, its added depth. Hopefully not dead weight like our other centers
I hope the extra small ball dies in the playoffs. Especially the Haslem @ C/ LeBron @ PF lineups.

naps
03-17-2012, 09:39 PM
Turiaf is head and shoulders better than Pittman and curry when it comes to play with heart, giving effort, hustle every single minute on the court. He energy is absolutely contagious. It can't hurt.

h2r09
03-17-2012, 10:00 PM
turiaf sucks, lets be honest. everyone available isn't good. if they were good they wouldn't be available. everyone thinks they know what turiaf brings, but look at his career stats. they aren't what you think. he is a below average back up center who goes out there and ****s people up. whether he is better than pittman remains to be seen however and if his knees still work i wouldn't mind bringing him in for a workout.

beasted86
03-17-2012, 10:29 PM
turiaf sucks, lets be honest. everyone available isn't good. if they were good they wouldn't be available. everyone thinks they know what turiaf brings, but look at his career stats. they aren't what you think. he is a below average back up center who goes out there and ****s people up. whether he is better than pittman remains to be seen however and if his knees still work i wouldn't mind bringing him in for a workout.

I think you are overlooking the main point here. It's not how good Turiaf really is, it's how bad Pittman and Curry certainly are.

And for the record, Turiaf never really had any knee problems. He had a heart condition long ago, and broke his hand this season.

h2r09
03-17-2012, 10:33 PM
I think you are overlooking the main point here. It's not how good Turiaf really is, it's how bad Pittman and Curry certainly are.

And for the record, Turiaf never really had any knee problems. He had a heart condition long ago, and broke his hand this season.

i was making up the knee injury, i just know he's been injured recently.

and pittman isn't THAT awful to the point where turiaf is gonna be this amazing upgrade and curry hasn't played enough to show us anything.

turiaf would be nice for 5-10 minutes off the bench in the playoffs.

lavilevi23
03-17-2012, 10:47 PM
I would feel so much better with Turiaf off the bench against big teams than Pittman or Curry. He should get 20MPG if we're facing the Magic in the playoffs.

kntresistheheat
03-17-2012, 11:57 PM
Meh, he is just another undersized 6'10 player on our bench that will make just a little difference. Anthony plays really good on the pick n roll defense and a good shot blocker. Turiaf is a shot blocker and can score a little and has better hands than Anthony, but what I love about the guy is that he has heart and lots of energy!

therealwd27
03-18-2012, 01:03 AM
Turiaf is def an upgrade over what weve seen from Pittman. Not sure about Curry he hasnt played even though hes finally under 300lbs but im not the coach so who knows lol

But Turiaf plays with a chip on his shoulder,he has ALOT of HEART and will hustle for everything. It will be a good signing, if we get him

kjoke
03-18-2012, 01:44 AM
Honestly, I think we should have added Shaq for one more year. I mean, we instead chose eddy curry. Not that a 39 year old shaq would have made a difference, but he'd be better than Pittman. Riley should have contacted shaq after the season, told him to get in shape, and he'd be our best option. I mean last year in Boston he averaged 9 and 5 in 20 minutes. Of course not shaq numbers, but if pitt put that up, i would be amazed.

naps
03-18-2012, 06:25 AM
Don't really wanna go way ahead of everything but it's been running through my head for a while. KG is coming off the books next offseason. He has been awesome ever since he started playing center. I am sure he'll draw much better offer from elsewhere but do you guys see any realistic chance of landing him in Miami? Are we gonna have MLE next year? Or is it just the MIN all we have?

mister freeze
03-18-2012, 06:57 AM
Turiaf stinks now guys nothing to see there.

mister freeze
03-18-2012, 07:00 AM
Although we need a big but there aren't really any viable ones left I think we should scoop up Terrance Williams. The guy has immense talent in which can be honed with the right coach/organization.

mister freeze
03-18-2012, 07:01 AM
Oh and Chris Johnson seems like an interesting big but he'd be on the opposite training of Curry and Pittman's, trying to gain weight...:p

Nonetheless he seems interesting :shrug:

king james
03-18-2012, 07:25 AM
1st of all we don't need no garbage behind player like shaq. He played like garbage with limited minutes in Boston, so how much less would he play in a condensed season like this.

king james
03-18-2012, 07:44 AM
Don't really wanna go way ahead of everything but it's been running through my head for a while. KG is coming off the books next offseason. He has been awesome ever since he started playing center. I am sure he'll draw much better offer from elsewhere but do you guys see any realistic chance of landing him in Miami? Are we gonna have MLE next year? Or is it just the MIN all we have?

I've been thinking about KG being an option here too. I would love to get him but with Kamen being a FA this summer I would rather go all in for him 1st. Then go after KG for the min. If he wants more, peace then cuz we have other needs.

Another player I just thought about that I think could help us next year no matter how much we may hate him and he the same would be J. Terry. I think his style would be a perfect fit for us coming of the bench.

Also I think that we may only have the mini mid exception next year.

beasted86
03-18-2012, 08:44 AM
i was making up the knee injury, i just know he's been injured recently.

and pittman isn't THAT awful to the point where turiaf is gonna be this amazing upgrade and curry hasn't played enough to show us anything.

turiaf would be nice for 5-10 minutes off the bench in the playoffs.

Yes, Pittman is THAT awful, and Curry is THAT awful. Both players are the 2nd and 3rd ranked players respectively in the entire NBA for fouls per minute. Both of them are Centers who only take shots within 5-7 feet of the basket yet shoot 38% and 45% respectively. Curry is also 3rd in the NBA in turnovers per minute.

All season long I was never deluded with this ideal we would sign for the vet minimum or trade bum scrubs for a starting caliber Center. It was just never realistic. Instead all I wanted was just a backup Center who can pickup where Anthony leaves off when he goes to the bench. A guy who will come in and play defense without fouling like a mad man, hustle, and finish some of the wide open looks he occasionally gets.... Turiaf is like the Joel Anthony of backups, with just barely better hands and barely better rebounding.

The sad part is Pittman and Curry couldn't fill this simple and easy role. Curry comes in looking to chuck up shots thinking that will buy him more minutes with Spoelstra, and Pittman is trying his hardest to lead the league in fouls. All season long I've had a mortal fear that Joel ANthony somehow gets injured and we have to play Pittman or Curry 18 minutes a game. If we got Turiaf I wouldn't have that fear. He played that in NY last year and had about similar impact to Joel Anthony.

godolphins
03-18-2012, 11:31 AM

We'll always have the $3 million+ MLE(tax payer) and the veteran minimum.

The Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception ("MLE") is set at $5 million in the first two years, then rises 3% annually. The max length is four years. (A taxpayer is a team that has exceeded the soft cap threshold and must pay the NBA a "tax" for exceeding such threshold)

The Taxpayer MLE is set at $3 million in the first year, grows 3% annually, and cannot exceed a three year term.

MLE for "Room Teams" is a new exception that defines a room team as one whose salary falls below the salary cap. The exception allows a Room Team to sign a free agent for up to two years, with the first year paying them up to $2.5 million. The exception grows 3% annually.

http://www.welcometoloudcity.com/2011/11/28/2592007/nba-lockout-new-cba-tentative-deal-summary

justinnum1
03-18-2012, 12:58 PM
kennedy
The Denver Nuggets have officially waived Ronny Turiaf.

:eyebrow:

kjoke
03-18-2012, 01:40 PM
We'd have 4 centers but more like 1.5 centers. With Joel being .75 and Turiaf being .75. Its pretty pathetic.

justinnum1
03-18-2012, 01:44 PM
We'd have 4 centers but more like 1.5 centers. With Joel being .75 and Turiaf being .75. Its pretty pathetic.

Even more pathetic is bosh averaging his lowest rebounds since his rookie season. I wish spo had the balls to bench bosh when he refuses to box out or rebound. Dude just stands under the rim day dreaming.

Valkyrie
03-18-2012, 01:49 PM
Man I wish we could get rid of Curry and Juwan, and sign Turiaf, JO, or maybe Fesenko. We need to just clean out this big man rotation. But I know at best we'll only sign 2 people. and get rid of Harris which i dont want. Gladness is already gone.

Valkyrie
03-18-2012, 01:53 PM
Riley hates young players

therealwd27
03-18-2012, 01:54 PM
Man I wish we could get rid of Curry and Juwan, and sign Turiaf, JO, or maybe Fesenko. We need to just clean out this big man rotation. But I know at best we'll only sign 2 people. and get rid of Harris which i dont want. Gladness is already gone.

Not going to happen..We should just sign Turiaf, wont waive Howard he is our only veteran..And Curry is finally below 300lbs why waive him?

JO hasnt been able to rebound since he was on the Pacers...and Fesenko is a bi-polar baby

Valkyrie
03-18-2012, 01:56 PM
Idk, if its only going to be Turiaf,

Pittman and Curry wont play in the playoffs cus we wont trust them. Which means our only bigs will be Bosh, Joel, Turiaf, and Haslem. At least JO could add something to that.

therealwd27
03-18-2012, 02:02 PM
Idk, if its only going to be Turiaf,

Pittman and Curry wont play in the playoffs cus we wont trust them. Which means our only bigs will be Bosh, Joel, Turiaf, and Haslem. At least JO could add something to that.

Yea its crazy cause Askins on 790 the ticket earlier in the year said curry was apart of what the heat were trying to do..and now hes skinny as ever and still doesnt play. He can score. But needs the chance..but in an halfcourt game hes perfect, joel not so much. and in the postseason its mostly halfcourt ball

therealwd27
03-18-2012, 02:03 PM
We better hope the Celtics dont sign Turiaf because they will try or even the spurs..Plus hes good friends with Parker

Valkyrie
03-18-2012, 02:07 PM
Why would Turiaf go to Boston? That is just a team living in denial that thinks they can still contend.

therealwd27
03-18-2012, 02:11 PM
Why would Turiaf go to Boston? That is just a team living in denial that thinks they can still contend.

Same reason Murphy went last year. What that is I do not know. But it is possible they can offer him alot more min then we can

Valkyrie
03-18-2012, 02:17 PM
Boston was contending last year though.

therealwd27
03-18-2012, 02:23 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/EthanJSkolnick/status/145597991137443841/photo/1

Start of Camp^- reportedly between 310-320

Barry Jackson from the Miami Herald reported that even though Curry has lost weight and is under 300 pounds the staff isn't convinced he deserves more time on the court.

Eddy Curry has dropped below 300 pounds for the first time in a while, and coaches rave about his work ethic. Udonis Haslem said his defense in practice has improved immensely. But the staff still isn’t convinced he can offer as much than Dexter Pittman (especially defensively) in limited minutes. And Spoelstra has barely used Pittman the past three games

Valkyrie
03-18-2012, 02:26 PM
They arean't part of our plans for this run.

therealwd27
03-18-2012, 02:32 PM
They arean't part of our plans for this run.

Just want Curry to be given a chance to play thats all

MTL_123
03-18-2012, 02:38 PM
The Nuggets have waived Ronny Turiaf.

Turiaf, 6-10, 245, was acquired along with JaVale McGee and a second-round pick in a three-team trade with the Washington Wizards and Los Angeles Clippers on March 15. He played four games with the Wizards this season, averaging 1.5 ppg, 3.1 rpg and 1.3 apg.

justinnum1
03-18-2012, 02:39 PM
curry is trash, just pure garbage, everyone had hopes for him but he cant catch the ball, cant score, cant rebound, and cant defend. he cant do **** lol.

beasted86
03-18-2012, 05:37 PM
curry is trash, just pure garbage, everyone had hopes for him but he cant catch the ball, cant score, cant rebound, and cant defend. he cant do **** lol.

+1.... Ditto for Pittman.

beasted86
03-18-2012, 05:45 PM
Yea its crazy cause Askins on 790 the ticket earlier in the year said curry was apart of what the heat were trying to do..and now hes skinny as ever and still doesnt play. He can score. But needs the chance..but in an halfcourt game hes perfect, joel not so much. and in the postseason its mostly halfcourt ball

If Curry could play the role of active-body-defender, catch-and-finish Center, he'd have no problems buying minutes. Instead he wants the ball on the low block to go 1 on 1 against his man, which is both useless in how the Heat runs it's offense, and secondly, he just isn't very efficient at anymore. He's 3rd in the entire NBA in turnovers per minute because of trying to post up 1 on 1 and either getting an offensive foul, turning over the entry pass, getting blocked, or chucking up a bad shot.

He's plain unproductive in the minutes he has played, especially on the defensive end which is pretty much all Spoelstra cares about from the Center spot.

kjoke
03-18-2012, 06:41 PM
I can't wait to get rid of Pitt and Curry. Trade Curry for a 2nd round pick. I want to start over at that position. Draft someone like Ezeli who is what we need. Someone who can run and block and rebound and make a dunk or two.

naps
03-18-2012, 06:49 PM

Dude, you seriously need to cut down on that Curry BS. You have been riding him since the beginning of the season. Losing weight is not everything. There is a reason why Joel Anthony is starting and will continue to start for our team no matter how pathetic he's been. Why? Because he can set screens, run fast, adjusts defensive positions quickly, understands both man-to-man and help defense, and anchors the post defense of our team. Curry is incapable of all of these. Curry has better hands than Joel and could score more if given the chance but it's not gonna cover up his incapabilities. You really think the coaches who see him every single day in practice wouldn't think about using him if he was worthy? C'mon man!

kjoke
03-18-2012, 06:52 PM
We need to bring up that Draft thread again. Henry Sims didnt play well in the tourney but he can pass and block, and is skilled. He's also a young senior. Would like him, maybe he tunrs onto another g-town player...

justinnum1
03-18-2012, 06:56 PM
oh yea, we got a first round pick this year

naps
03-18-2012, 06:57 PM
I love Chris Bosh but he's soft as ****!! Seeing LeBron averaging more rebounds than him is pathetic. The guy doesn't even ****ing jump for a board. I don't how the coaches can't force him to do that. If he was averaging 11 a game we would have the hands down best record in the league and we wouldn't be worrying so much about our bigmen rotation. I mean for god's sake Pau Gasoft is averaging 10.5 a game playing alongside one of the most dominant rebounders in the game Bynum (13 a game).

naps
03-18-2012, 06:59 PM
what happened to Varnado and Dozier? Can't even make the roster with 2 years of euro ball? They must be really bad I guess.

Lord Leoshes
03-18-2012, 07:00 PM
You mods should merge every topic on the Heat forum so it would be easier for you guys to keep orgenized. :facepalm:

I stopped posting here cause every time i want to find something i have to re-read through all the merged crap instead of just going directly to the topic i am looking for.

In other words you guys suck.

lavilevi23
03-18-2012, 08:54 PM
lol

SteBO
03-18-2012, 10:45 PM
You mods should merge every topic on the Heat forum so it would be easier for you guys to keep orgenized. :facepalm:

I stopped posting here cause every time i want to find something i have to re-read through all the merged crap instead of just going directly to the topic i am looking for.

In other words you guys suck.
I think you're better off voicing your displeasure to a mod via PM as opposed to crying about it in a public thread....Believe me, we are trying but it's also important to make sure indivdual threads itself aren't cluttered with multiple conversations, especially if it isn't in one of the main forums.

From here on in, discuss it with me or Baller via PM. :)

kjoke
03-18-2012, 10:50 PM
It only took Hasheem Thabbet, Johnny Flynn and a second to get Camby? Hell, I would have done Pitt, Harris and a 1st for him.

Oh well, we can get him as a back up next year for the cheap

justinnum1
03-18-2012, 10:53 PM
It only took Hasheem Thabbet, Johnny Flynn and a second to get Camby? Hell, I would have done Pitt, Harris and a 1st for him.

Oh well, we can get him as a back up next year for the cheap

camby makes 11mil per...

pitt and harris equals 2mil ...

thabeet makes 5mil, flnn makes 3.5mil, expiring...

lavilevi23
03-18-2012, 11:43 PM
Camby said he want to finish his career in Houston since he hates moving and already has an offseason home in there. It doesn't seem he wants to retire with a ring.

justinnum1
03-18-2012, 11:46 PM
Camby said he want to finish his career in Houston since he hates moving and already has an offseason home in there. It doesn't seem he wants to retire with a ring.

yea, i guess when you make over 100million in your career you can be ok without a ring lol

dude made over 100mil:speechless:

kjoke
03-19-2012, 12:08 AM
:laugh2: I forgot Thabeet still makes 5 mil a year :laugh2:

lavilevi23
03-19-2012, 01:42 AM
Derek Fisher has reached a buyout agreement with the Houston Rockets and is expected to become a free agent once he clears waivers, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

viaDerek Fisher reaches buyout with Rockets - NBA - Yahoo! Sports.

So Fisher will become a free agent and will likely have his pick of contenders on a veteran minimum contract for the remainder of the season. He can still play a little defense on reserve guards and knock down the occasional three. Plus he has so much respect as the leader of the NBPA and as such a longtime fixture in the league that most locker rooms will welcome him in.

Miami wanted Fisher two years ago when he signed his last deal with Los Angeles so that would be an obvious start. The Celtics always look at players like Fisher dspite their need for athleticism being the most glaring issue. San Antonio's another target with the way they like bringing in more quality locker room guys.

It would be interesting to see Fisher on a rebuilding team, though, a team in need of a culture change like Washington or the Kings. His ability to get guys' attention would do some real good to try and make them play the right way. But then, at this point in his career, Fisher's probably not looking to do charity work.

One team he will not be joining is the Los Angeles Lakers. The new CBA signed in December limits teams who trade a player who is then bought out from re-signing that player for a six-month duration. The Lakers could bring Fisher back, but not until next season.

therealwd27
03-19-2012, 02:44 AM
Chris Tomasson ‏ @christomasson Open
Nuggets have officially waived Ronny Turiaf.
Brother D ‏ @therealwd27 Close
@christomasson Do you think the HEAT sign him? or do they go a different direction
1:56 PM - 18 Mar 12 via web Details
Chris Tomasson ‏ @christomasson Close
@therealwd27 Heat might not be able to do much better than Turiaf. They'll to over their options this week

CHANGO
03-19-2012, 08:28 AM
@jadande
Statement from Derek Fisher's publicist says Rockets wanted Fisher for this year + 2012-13, but negotiated buyout.... about 7 hours ago

@jadande
Fisher publicist statement: "Derek's desire to win a 6th championship is what drives him and will continue to drive him as he moves forward" about 7 hours ago

@ESPNSteinLine
Sources say Thunder, who have yet to fully replace backup PG Eric Maynor, are weighing whether to make formal bid to sign Derek Fisher 36 minutes ago

@ESPNSteinLine
Word is Clippers, by contrast, are unlikely to pursue Fisher, who is said to have strong interest in landing with either Chicago or Miami 35 minutes ago

@ESPNSteinLine
Sources say Spurs, meanwhile, have not ruled out pursuing Fisher w/planned signing of Patty Mills yet to go thru. Link: http://t.co/3YhedxNX 31 minutes ago

daleja424
03-19-2012, 08:58 AM
HAVE to go get Fisher and Turiaf... and drop Harris.

Chalmers/Fisher/Cole
Wade/Miller/Jones
James/Battier
Bosh/Haslem
Anthony/Turiaf/Curry

INJ Reserve: Pittman and Howard

514_HEAT
03-19-2012, 11:19 AM

Chalmers/Fisher/Cole
Wade/Miller/Jones
James/Battier
Bosh/Haslem
Anthony/Turiaf/Curry

sounds good to me.

therealwd27
03-19-2012, 11:22 AM

Chalmers/Fisher/Cole
Wade/Miller/Jones
James/Battier
Bosh/Haslem
Anthony/Turiaf/Curry

:clap: perfect..I hope so

unleashthebeast
03-19-2012, 04:41 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏ @WojYahooNBA Reply Retweet Favorite Open
JJ Hickson has completed a buyout with the Kings, league source tells Y!

Very interesting stuff. Does he solve our center issues? No, but he is a good young player, with previous experience with bron. Worth looking into?

therealwd27
03-19-2012, 04:44 PM
PLZ SIGN HICKSON!! Right away Riley. Plz

Mr. Baller
03-19-2012, 04:55 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏ @WojYahooNBA Reply Retweet Favorite Open
JJ Hickson has completed a buyout with the Kings, league source tells Y!

Very interesting stuff. Does he solve our center issues? No, but he is a good young player, with previous experience with bron. Worth looking into?

No no no no, Hickson is awful

justinnum1
03-19-2012, 04:56 PM
someone will probably claim him off waivers.

to think he was going to be traded for amare 2 season ago lol

Mr. Baller
03-19-2012, 04:57 PM

Cost the Cavs LBJ. I watch a lot of Kings game due to my obsession of Jimmer (:laugh2:) and he is terrible. Keep him far away Riley

justinnum1
03-19-2012, 05:28 PM
windhorst
Jermaine O'Neal will have season-ending surgery on his left wrist.

good, after what he did in the 2010 playoffs, **** him.

dimgim
03-19-2012, 05:38 PM
JJ Hickson has the type of hieght, atleticism and energy to match up with guys like Taj Gibson who murders Haslem everytime they play the bulls.

I like it...remember dude is only 23 if he does well gives you some flexibility with trades in the offseason.

HiphopRelated
03-19-2012, 05:44 PM
Hickson is better than Turiaf, which makes him the best FC on the market, so yeah, we need to go at him

HiphopRelated
03-19-2012, 05:46 PM
what happened to Varnado and Dozier? Can't even make the roster with 2 years of euro ball? They must be really bad I guess.
Varnado couldn't wait around on the lockout

beasted86
03-19-2012, 05:52 PM
Hickson is better than Turiaf, which makes him the best FC on the market, so yeah, we need to go at him

Turiaf is more of a Center than Hickson is... but I wouldn't mind signing both. Waive Howard, and Harris, sign Hickson, Turiaf, and Fisher.

dimgim
03-19-2012, 05:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx9o31zcNgk&feature=related

Don't have a big man on the team now that'd have the ballz to do that to BGriff...go get him now Riley sorry Haslem might lose some minutes though.

justinnum1
03-19-2012, 06:00 PM
I'll take him is he passes waivers. I can see a team like phx grabbing him tho, hey did want him for amare...

haberstroh
On one hand, Hickson is a 23-yr-old whose career PER is about league average. On the other, a 16-29 team just cut him.

Master Mind
03-19-2012, 06:23 PM
JJ Hickson has the type of hieght, atleticism and energy to match up with guys like Taj Gibson who murders Haslem everytime they play the bulls.

I like it...remember dude is only 23 if he does well gives you some flexibility with trades in the offseason.

Yes and Yes

MTL_123
03-19-2012, 06:29 PM
Sign HICKSON N Turiaf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MTL_123
03-19-2012, 06:29 PM
watch Lebron Make Kickson looks like a star again

h2r09
03-19-2012, 06:31 PM
now this would be the best possible addition. he is young, big, and can rebound. not the greatest defender but he is good enough. id rather have him much more than turiaf.

justinnum1
03-19-2012, 06:34 PM
I do like that he is young and athletic and has some size on him, but he only cost 2.4mil and if someone claims him off waivers they get his bird rights so...

h2r09
03-19-2012, 06:44 PM
i don't think guys who get bought out go through waivers

kntresistheheat
03-19-2012, 06:56 PM
Like someone said in earlier post, I will take Hickson, Turiaf, and fisher. Hickson and Turiaf would be great energy guys! They are very active and both can rebound.

MTL_123
03-19-2012, 07:00 PM
All i know is Riley really likes Hickson wen he was with the cavs i remember him saying it in an interview

justinnum1
03-19-2012, 07:03 PM
i don't think guys who get bought out go through waivers

They do.

Slug3
03-19-2012, 07:08 PM
They do.

Are you sure? I thought if you get bought out then your a free agent? Plus I think someone will give him more then we can offer.

justinnum1
03-19-2012, 07:12 PM
Are you sure? I thought if you get bought out then your a free agent? Plus I think someone will give him more then we can offer.

ethan
Plus, he's got to clear waivers first, and he's the type of prospect (with type of contract) that makes him a claim candidate.

windhorst
If he makes it thru waivers, Heat would likely have interest in Hickson. Tho he's just another PF & they need a C. Very close w/LeBron.

h2r09
03-19-2012, 07:12 PM
according to woj he has to clear waivers

justinnum1
03-19-2012, 07:13 PM
woj
Golden State and Phoenix emerge as frontrunners for J.J. Hickson should he clear waivers, league sources tell Y! Sports.

I would be surprised if he clears waivers...phx was going to trade amare for him 2 years ago...they will grab him

dimgim
03-19-2012, 07:17 PM
Yeah if Bibby had to clear waivers last season I'm sure that rule hasn't changed. Too bad I was watching highlight of him with the Kings and the kid has all the energy in the world, Miami really could use that it would help with the 20 pt collapses.

beasted86
03-19-2012, 07:20 PM
woj

I would be surprised if he clears waivers...phx was going to trade amare for him 2 years ago...they will grab him

Gortat, Frye, Lopez, Warrick, Morris, Dudley.

I don't know where Hickson would find minutes on Phoenix.

Golden State makes more sense he can get playing time there. But does he want to move from a lottery team to another lottery team if he has a choice?

beasted86
03-19-2012, 07:21 PM
BTW, on the waivers tip... who even has cap space?

I don't think many of the teams mentioned have cap space to claim him.

Slug3
03-19-2012, 07:23 PM
Yeah he's not clearing waivers.

justinnum1
03-19-2012, 07:24 PM
BTW, on the waivers tip... who even has cap space?

I don't think many of the teams mentioned have cap space to claim him.

A team can claim a waived player only if one of the following is true:

The team is far enough under the salary cap to fit the player's entire salary.
The team has a Disabled Player exception for at least the player's salary (see question number 19).
The team has a Traded Player exception for at least the player's salary (see question number 72).
The player's contract is for one or two seasons and he is paid the minimum salary.

PHX and GSW are both over the cap. Not sure if either have an exception

justinnum1
03-19-2012, 07:34 PM
kennedy
J.J. Hickson is expected to sign with the Golden State Warriors once he clears waivers. Full story: http://tinyurl.com/7j9n4jy

dimgim
03-19-2012, 07:43 PM
Dang...woulda been nice hell a guy that can get 7-8 rebs a night would be nice.

Slug3
03-19-2012, 07:43 PM
What would we do with JJ anyway? I think he might be just a little too small to to play center for us.

MTL_123
03-19-2012, 07:48 PM
kennedy

**** man its just like billups n the ****ing clippers:mad:

Hickson can reb n is taller then Anthony

Valkyrie
03-19-2012, 07:50 PM
Watch us end up with Shav.

therealwd27
03-19-2012, 08:12 PM

He doesnt have to clear waivers..he wasnt waived he was bought out

justinnum1
03-19-2012, 08:13 PM
He doesnt have to clear waivers..he wasnt waived he was bought out

multiple reporters have said he needs to clear waivers...

anyways it doesnt matter, hes going to golden state

therealwd27
03-19-2012, 08:14 PM
multiple reporters have said he needs to clear waivers...

anyways it doesnt matter, hes going to golden state

No your right..re-read CBA.. my bad..and yea **** it now :mad:

therealwd27
03-19-2012, 08:18 PM
March 19, 2012

Jesse Johnson-US PRESSWIRE

J.J. Hickson, who was waived by the Kings, played two seasons with LeBron James in Cleveland.

Geoff Burke-US PRESSWIRE

Ronny Turiaf was waived by the Nuggets after they acquired him in a trade with Washington, but he has only played in four games this season.
MIAMI — LeBron James could see Derek Fisher being a good fit for the Miami Heat. Of course, that was before J.J. Hickson became the latest NBA veteran given his freedom.

It’s buyout season in the NBA, which is like the day after Christmas. If you didn’t get what you wanted before the trade deadline, there’s still a chance to make up for it. And prices could be cheap.

The Heat didn’t have the assets to do much before last Thursday’s trade deadline. But teams have until Friday to waive players, and they still would be eligible for the playoffs.

Among those having been turned loose so far are Fisher, a point guard, and big men Ronny Turiaf and Hickson. All could draw interest from the Heat.

“I don’t know what our plans are, but I don’t see that as a bad fit for us,’’ James said after practice Monday when asked about the possibility of the Heat signing Fisher, who was traded by the Lakers to Houston last Thursday and then bought out early this week by the Rockets.

But James made that comment before Hickson was surprisingly waived later Monday by Sacramento. James played with Hickson in Cleveland from 2008-10, and the two are good friends. They gave each other a big hug when the Kings played the Heat last month.

So who would James prefer, Fisher or Hickson? Then again, how about both?

Why shouldn’t the Heat load up as much as they can for the stretch run? It wouldn’t cost them much.

Miami has a 15th roster spot it has been keeping open primarily for a veteran big man. But they have the ability to create another roster spot, something they should do if there is a line of quality players wanting to join the Heat outside AmericanAirlines Arena.

For a second open spot, the Heat could waive rookie guard Terrel Harris or center Eddy Curry, neither of whom play often. Both have minimum contracts, so it wouldn’t cost much to let either go.

Harris is a reasonable, although hardly great, prospect. And, if the Heat bring in a veteran big man, that might assume there is no postseason role for Curry, who has gone from nearly 400 pounds to under 300 but still can’t find the court. So it could be time to dub the Curry experiment a failure and move on.

As for a big man, Hickson, 23, is 6-foot-9. But he averaged 8.7 rebounds, in addition to 13.8 points, last season for the Cavaliers. And James always has liked him.

Hickson, though, is making a reasonable $2.35 million this season. He could be claimed on waivers by a team that has cap room to absorb that prorated amount, denying the chance for the Heat, who only can sign players to minimum deals, to get a shot at him.

As for Turiaf, 29, he could end up being a consolation prize. With no chance anybody will claim his $4.36 million contract, he will clear waivers Wednesday morning.

Turiaf is 6-foot-10 and has Finals experience with the Lakers in 2008. The drawback is he’s only played four games this season due to a broken hand, although he professes to be healthy.

Another big-man candidate for the Heat is Rasheed Wallace, 37, who worked out with the team recently. But there’s no guarantee Wallace will come out of retirement.

There’s also 6-foot-11 Mikki Moore, a 12-year NBA veteran who is toiling in the D-League. His agent, Mark Bartelstein, said Monday that Heat officials have talked to him about his client. But Moore, 36, hasn’t played in an NBA game since Dec. 14, 2009.

It’s quite evident Miami, beaten up inside when Chris Bosh recently missed games against Utah and the Lakers, needs a big man. But why not another veteran point guard as well?

Starter Mario Chalmers has slumped since the All-Star break, and backup Norris Cole has recently hit a wall after showing so much promise earlier this season. And, as a rookie, it remains to be seen how playoff pressure will affect Cole.

Fisher, 37, doesn’t have much left. But most believe he still can hit a big shot in the postseason.

“One thing you know about Derek Fisher is he’s a winner,’’ James said. “He’s not afraid of the moment, and he’s won multiple championships (five).’’

As a fallback for a veteran point guard, there’s Anthony Carter, who played with the Heat from 1999-2003 and was waived last week by Toronto. While Carter, 36, wouldn’t be able to bring the big-game ability Fisher still might have, he could help for a few minutes here and there in the postseason. And he would love to return to Miami.

“I definitely would go to Miami,’’ Carter said late last week, saying he had not heard anything from the Heat.

There’s still time for the Heat to see if anybody else might get bought out by Friday’s deadline. It wouldn’t make sense if they don’t end up with at least one new player.

But how about two?

Chris Tomasson can be reached at christomasson@hotmail.com or on Twitter @christomasson

therealwd27
03-19-2012, 08:19 PM
Agent Mark Bartelstein says the Heat have inquired about client Mikki Moore, 36, big man with D-League's Idaho who last played in NBA 12/09.

dimgim
03-19-2012, 08:29 PM
Agent Mark Bartelstein says the Heat have inquired about client Mikki Moore, 36, big man with D-League's Idaho who last played in NBA 12/09.

That brings a tear.

Lord Leoshes
03-19-2012, 08:30 PM

Chalmers/Fisher/Cole
Wade/Miller/Jones
James/Battier
Bosh/Haslem
Anthony/Turiaf/Curry

Add JJ Hickson, & instead of cutting Harris make it Curry, & Howard.

One more thing is i would probably rather have Carter instead of Fisher cause of his man-2-mam-D.

Chalmers/Cole/Carter
Wade/Miller/Harris
Bron/Battier/Jones
Bosh/Haslem/JJ-Hickson
Anthony/Turiaf/Pittman.

Howard is only there for veteran insurance, & if Curry was going to show the coaching staff anything it would of been by now.

therealwd27
03-19-2012, 08:33 PM
That brings a tear.

:facepalm: Seriously man..its ****ing ridiculous

therealwd27
03-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Add JJ Hickson, & instead of cutting Harris make it Curry, & Howard.

One more thing is i would probably rather have Carter instead of Fisher cause of his man-2-mam-D.

Chalmers/Cole/Carter
Wade/Miller/Harris
Bron/Battier/Jones
Bosh/Haslem/JJ-Hickson
Anthony/Turiaf/Pittman.

Howard is only there for veteran insurance, & if Curry was going to show the coaching staff anything it would of been by now.

Cant sign Hickson..And Curry is finally below 300lbs maybe they were waiting for him to do that. You know how strict the Heat F/O is when it comes to weight

beasted86
03-19-2012, 08:37 PM
I think Hickson is a LONG shot, so at this point I just hope Riley gets at least Turiaf.

therealwd27
03-19-2012, 08:38 PM
I think Hickson is a LONG shot, so at this point I just hope Riley gets at least Turiaf.

Hickson already going to The Warriors

Turiaf our only real prospect.

Lord Leoshes
03-19-2012, 08:47 PM
Cant sign Hickson..And Curry is finally below 300lbs maybe they were waiting for him to do that. You know how strict the Heat F/O is when it comes to weight

That is on the assumption that he clears waivers, & does not sign with GS as reported.

& Curry? Well his strength are offence, not defense, & rebounding which is what we need. + i think he is on the team more as a favor.

justinnum1
03-19-2012, 08:50 PM
Chris Tomasson: Agent Mark Bartelstein says the Heat have inquired about client Mikki Moore, 36, big man with D-League's Idaho who last played in NBA 12/09
who?

HiphopRelated
03-19-2012, 08:58 PM
hell no to Mikki Moore...dude's lightweight and garbage

Just sign Fesenko if it comes to that

therealwd27
03-19-2012, 09:03 PM
who?

lol i posted this on page 10..smh hes a old dread head

therealwd27
03-19-2012, 09:04 PM
That is on the assumption that he clears waivers, & does not sign with GS as reported.

& Curry? Well his strength are offence, not defense, & rebounding which is what we need. + i think he is on the team more as a favor.

J.J. Hickson is expected to sign with the Warriors once he clears waivers on Wednesday.

Yea so he has to clear waivers first but he will

therealwd27
03-19-2012, 09:31 PM
Sean Grande: With J O'Neal done and Stiemsma now hurting, Ryan Hollins and Kyrylo Fesenko on Boston's radar. Keep an eye on a Reggie Evans buyout in LA. Twitter

therealwd27
03-19-2012, 09:33 PM
Ryan Hollins is a FA? wth is this guy talking about

justinnum1
03-19-2012, 10:34 PM
windhorst
Free agent Ronny Turiaf to decide new team by Wed., agent Mark Bartelstein told ESPN. Celtics & Heat lead pack of teams interested

lavilevi23
03-19-2012, 10:43 PM
hell no to Mikki Moore...dude's lightweight and garbage

Just sign Fesenko if it comes to that

This but watch us get Shav :facepalm:

Riley has gone to sleep since the big 3 splash.

lavilevi23
03-19-2012, 10:46 PM
Ryan Hollins is a FA? wth is this guy talking about

Yea I was thinking the same thing dude. Also, Why would L.A release Evans? He's been solid for them this year as a backup to D.J.

justinnum1
03-19-2012, 10:47 PM
This but watch us get Shav :facepalm:

Riley has gone to sleep since the big 3 splash.

huh? we have no money to spend and anyone making the min especially a big probably wont make an impact on this team.'

See: mike bibby.

lavilevi23
03-19-2012, 10:47 PM
windhorst

I might consider suicide if he ends up with the Celtics and we're left with Pittman as a backup still. :facepalm:

lavilevi23
03-19-2012, 10:49 PM
huh? we have no money to spend and anyone making the min especially a big probably wont make an impact on this team.'

See: mike bibby.

I think Turiaf could be a great fit for us. He can be a difference maker and so is Fisher. Mikki Moore is hot garbage. I rather play myself at center.

justinnum1
03-19-2012, 10:52 PM
Yea, but if playing time is what he wants, he might go to boston.

Any FA has to be thinking about what happened with dampier and Z in the playoffs where they never got off the bench. Still, we could use him if he's healthy.

CHANGO
03-19-2012, 11:01 PM
Turiaf brings energy. We need guys like that to fire the **** off our lazy *** team... LMAO

Bosh is one.

Haslem WAS one but he has been a little quiet with little emotions.

The Warden always have the same expression on his face. LMAO He brings energy tho...

We need him.

Hope Lebron gives a call to his buddy.

Hey! Hick, I want you here. You'll play here for sure.

Turiaf-Hick: We're taking our talents to South Beach, and emm joining Lebron and the Miami HEAT.

lavilevi23
03-19-2012, 11:14 PM
Gimme Turiaf over Hickson. Cuze of his D.

kntresistheheat
03-19-2012, 11:20 PM
Turiaf will easily be the first center off the bench. Pittman and curry won't smell another minute. Don't get me started on Howard!

Chalmers/Fisher/Cole
Wade/Miller/JJ
Lebron/Battier/Miller
Bosh/Haslem/Turiaf
Anthony/Turiaf/Bosh

therealwd27
03-19-2012, 11:23 PM
Turiaf gonna sign with Boston.

justinnum1
03-19-2012, 11:25 PM
Turiaf gonna sign with Boston.

that wouldn't surprise me at all

lavilevi23
03-19-2012, 11:26 PM
Yea we seem to have no luck with big men...

therealwd27
03-19-2012, 11:32 PM
that wouldn't surprise me at all

They can offer him 20-30 mpg

kjoke
03-19-2012, 11:36 PM
link?

therealwd27
03-19-2012, 11:37 PM
link?

a link to what?

kjoke
03-19-2012, 11:39 PM
Yuo said Turiaf gonna sign with the celtics, I presumed that his decision was made, thats all

justinnum1
03-19-2012, 11:43 PM
Yuo said Turiaf gonna sign with the celtics, I presumed that his decision was made, thats all

yea, no decision yet, he will decide wednesday, miami and celtics seem to be the frontrunners

therealwd27
03-19-2012, 11:45 PM
yea, no decision yet, he will decide wednesday, miami and celtics seem to be the frontrunners

I didnt mean he actually signed..its an assumption..but why would he sign with us? we cant offer him time like the Celtics can. That was my point

justinnum1
03-19-2012, 11:47 PM
I didnt mean he actually signed..its an assumption..but why would he sign with us? we cant offer him time like the Celtics can. That was my point

he will sign with us if he wants a chance to play past the first round.

therealwd27
03-19-2012, 11:51 PM

Yea i hope your right...im being pessimistic that way if i expect the worse and it happens its ok because i expected it

But if good happens lol then **** im happy :clap:

lavilevi23
03-20-2012, 12:15 AM

Agreed. Hid decision might be a big difference maker in a series if we face Boston.

justinnum1
03-20-2012, 12:20 AM
Agreed. Hid decision might be a big difference maker in a series if we face Boston.

I'm not worried about boston, that team sucks at rebounding plus they really have no bigs.

its dwight, and bulls bigs where he can help us imo. but i think he has only played 4 games this season, i dont know if thats cause injury or what, but ill take him:)

justinnum1
03-20-2012, 12:37 AM
stein
Derek Fisher latest: Sources say Miami and OKC emerge as frontrunners to sign Laker ex once Fish clears waivers. Link:

i can see him going to okc, but i wan him.

The Heat explored the possibility of signing Fisher when he was a free agent in the summer of 2010 and have strong interest again now, sources say, even if they are successful in signing veteran forward Ronny Turiaf this week. Miami has only one open roster spot at present, but rookie shooting guard Terrel Harris hasn't played in six weeks and thus looms as a potential candidate to make way if the Heat need to make room for both Fisher and Turiaf, who was just waived by Denver.

Oklahoma City, meanwhile, is still trying to fill the void created by Eric Maynor's season-ending knee injury and, according to sources with knowledge of the Thunder's thinking, is intrigued by the prospect of adding Fisher's championship know-how to a group that's leading the Western Conference but still young.

It remains to be seen whether star forward Kevin Durant's recent decision to sign with Rob Pelinka as his new agent tips the scales, since Pelinka also represents Fisher. There is also a feeling among some rival teams that the prospect of signing with a team in the West and having the chance to face the Lakers in the playoffs after his ouster is another factor that could help the Thunder in their pursuit of Fisher.

stein
Bulls focused on bigs like Turiaf. Clips taking pass. Spurs still hopeful of sealing Patty Mills deal. So it's MIA & OKC on Fish front 4 now

:eyebrow:

therealwd27
03-20-2012, 12:56 AM
was just posting that lol^...I dont know unless they waive Harris and sign Turiaf and Fisher

beasted86
03-20-2012, 10:32 AM
If we miss out on Turiaf and are left with Pittman as our backup going into the playoffs, I'm going to be seriously pissed. :mad:

Valkyrie
03-20-2012, 01:07 PM
WindhorstESPN Brian Windhorst

Cavs waived Ryan Hollins. The 70th ranked center in Hollinger's PER is now on the market.

Get him!

beasted86
03-20-2012, 01:09 PM
WindhorstESPN Brian Windhorst

Get him!

Ryan Hollins.... :drool:

As soon as Riley signs him Dan Gilbert might as well have given LeBron his first ring personally!

Valkyrie
03-20-2012, 01:10 PM
Wait, he was waived though, not bought out. So I doubt he will clear waivers.

beasted86
03-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Real talk though, Hollins sucks.

Total bum, rather just stick with small ball Haslem playing Center.

Master Mind
03-20-2012, 01:14 PM
Ira Winderman ‏ @IraHeatBeat

Ryan Hollins now available. Well, that solves the Heat's issues in the middle.

justinnum1
03-20-2012, 01:15 PM
Hell to the ****ing no on collins. Total bum. 3pts 2reb this season lol
berger
Celtics and Bulls have no interest in Derek Fisher, sources say. Union prez expected to discuss "ideas and concepts" with MIA, OKC and SAS.

Valkyrie
He may suck, but hes a young and athletic center.

Valkyrie
I'll be so pissed if we don't get Turiaf

Master Mind
03-20-2012, 01:17 PM
Hollins would be perfect here. Definitely more lob action

beasted86
03-20-2012, 01:18 PM
Hollins is more athletic and can score in the paint... but he just makes so many dumb plays the few times I watch him play and is so mind-bogglingly inconsistent.

Rather just go with the more consistent defender which is Turiaf. Also has more playoff experience.

beasted86
03-20-2012, 01:20 PM
Hollins would be perfect here. Definitely more lob action

The problem is he would be coming off the bench and playing with Cole who overlooks wide open guys for fun.

Valkyrie
03-20-2012, 01:22 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors

7th pic

Turiaf's demands

He wants to have a significant role with his new team.

Who has insider??

justinnum1
03-20-2012, 01:22 PM
Honestly, i dont see anyone we get making an impact.

Spo is still gonna go small ball, he will still give a ton of minutes to UD and anthony.

Turiaf might help, but outside kaman, i just dont see a clear upgrade.

^and hopefully cole wont be running the second unit much longer. Fisher:pray:

Valkyrie
03-20-2012, 01:23 PM
Our centers were better last year.

Slug3
03-20-2012, 01:26 PM
Bosh is going to have to suck it up and play backup center come playoffs.

beasted86
Our centers were better last year.

People here underrated Z. He wasn't that good anymore, but he was competent.

That says a lot more than Pittman or Curry.

Valkyrie
I'm going to throw up in my mouth if Turiaf goes to Boston.

I mean HOW many freaking big men have spurned us already?? Pryz to Portland, Murphy to Boston, Dally to Rockets, am I missing anyone??????

CHANGO
03-20-2012, 01:28 PM
Ryan Hollins???????????? :speechless::speechless::speechless::jumpy::jumpy:

What's the deal with him?

He's 7'0 athletic, can rebound, block and he actually can run.

The ****??

I would give my left ball to get him. :nod:

Riley please...

Valkyrie
03-20-2012, 01:30 PM
People here underrated Z. He wasn't that good anymore, but he was competent.

That says a lot more than Pittman or Curry.

What hurt us the most in the finals?? (besides LBJ sucking)

Lack of shooting and size. So Spo sits out House/Jones, and Z/Dampier/Maglorie.

Makes sense. Tyson Chandler jumping over Joel for every offensive rebound still pisses me off.

HiphopRelated
03-20-2012, 01:38 PM
Ryan Hollins..NOW

over Turiaf yes

Mr. Baller
03-20-2012, 01:53 PM
I would take the chance on Hollins over Turiaf as well. Hollins fits this team well

Valkyrie
03-20-2012, 01:56 PM
WallaceHeatNBA Michael Wallace

I'd take Ryan Hollins all day over Ronny Turiaf, if I'm the Heat. He has length and will scrap. Recall he got into it w/Wade last year.

beasted86
03-20-2012, 02:02 PM
If Hollins could grow a brain in the 3 days it will take to clear waivers and can play a consistent role for the next 3 month, then yes, he would be a good pickup.

But otherwise I recall the guy picking up 5 fouls in 10 minutes against Miami earlier this year. If that's his IQ level against playoff caliber teams, all the athleticism in the world won't help him.

Valkyrie
03-20-2012, 02:03 PM
Yeah i'd rather have Turiaf I guess

CHANGO
03-20-2012, 02:04 PM
WallaceHeatNBA Michael Wallace

:nod:

He would be amazing...

We need tall guys who actually can move. LMAO

No offense to Curry and Pittman.

:drool:

beasted86
03-20-2012, 02:04 PM
At the end of the day, both are probably better than Pittman and Curry....

As long as we get somebody it's an upgrade either way.

CHANGO
03-20-2012, 02:07 PM
Sorry but I don't think you guys understand our situation...

I would take a brainless Hollins over Pitt or Eddy 10000000000000000000000 of 10000000000000000000000 times.

Turiaf too, IDK I prefer Hollins he's taller and has better mobility.

justinnum1
03-20-2012, 02:07 PM
I guess I would be ok with holland if that's the best we can do

CHANGO
03-20-2012, 02:08 PM
At the end of the day, both are probably better than Pittman and Curry....

As long as we get somebody it's an upgrade either way.

Now we understand each other.

Any option is better.

CHANGO
03-20-2012, 03:12 PM
jeff (Wadeland, Florida)

Will the Heat end up with Hollins or Turiaf? If Hollins, shouldn't he start over Anthony or at least allow Bosh and Haslem to stick to playing power forward?
Michael Wallace
(2:03 PM)

I'd certainly take Hollins over Turiaf, if I'm the Heat. His length and shot-blocking capability would be an upgrade down low over Dexter Pittman at this point. But obviously, he's not a long-term answer - or he wouldn't be available. If Miami is interested, they will have some comp for Hollins.

Tim (Chicago)

Has anyone actually seen Ryan Hollins play basketball? As a diehard Cavs fan who's been watching the team for 20 years, I would qualify Hollins as 1 of my least favorite Cavs of all time. He's lost on offense, repeatedly sets illegal screens, has terrible hands, is a HORRENDOUS rebounder, and is vastly overrated as a defender. Are people seriously talking about him like he's the missing link for title contender?
Michael Wallace
(3:03 PM)

No. Just as an end-of-the-bench/rotation option. Nothing more. Nothing less. All he has to be is 7-feet tall, breath and catch an occasional ball that comes his way to help Miami.And with that, this week's chat is in the books. Thanks so much for your questions and comments. You guys keep this forum lively. I really appreciate the opportunity to be with you guys on a weekly basis. Take care. MW

Heater4life
03-20-2012, 03:44 PM
I want Hickson. He's athletic, can score decently, and will be free to move those young legs at will with all our weapons.

justinnum1
03-20-2012, 03:47 PM
Out of all the guys, hickson would be nice for sure, but i have read a few things saying he's going to golden state.
kennedy
J.J. Hickson is expected to sign with the Golden State Warriors once he clears waivers. Full story:

SteBO
03-20-2012, 04:50 PM
Ryan Hollins is better than what we have now..... If there's a chance, it won't hurt taking him though I do like turiaf. Either one is cool by me.....

RCarlson85
03-20-2012, 04:59 PM
I would take Hollins over Turiaf if it was up to me. I don't think either of them is an amazing option, but Hollins seems more like a poor man's Jevale McGee because he is taller and more mobile. He would be able to cover the pick and role obviously better than Pitt or Curry but he also has more athletic ability so he can block shots and at least catch and dunk. Turiaf would be my second choice.

I don't really want Fisher. I actually like Terell Harris so I would rather hold onto him than bring in Fisher. I would rather cut Curry than Harris to add Fisher.

beasted86
03-20-2012, 05:50 PM
Turiaf is actually a lot better at blocking shots than Hollins. Hollins is a better scorer though.

therealwd27
03-20-2012, 05:58 PM
Go for Hollins! If we cant then sign Turiaf, but Turiaf wants alot of min he wont get that on Miami..and Hollins can start for us. He is a taller Joel who can catch. He will def need to improve on his pick and rolls and his pick and roll defense but hes def worth a look

dimgim
03-20-2012, 07:34 PM
Don't any of ya'll watch games...Miami needs rebounding badly here take a look see

Ryan Hollins game log
http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/3008/ryan-hollins

Reggie Evans game log
http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/1828/reggie-evans

Ronny Turiaf game log (2010/11 he hasn't even played this year)
http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/2789/year/2011/ronny-turiaf

Now ya'll tell me who fills what Miami needs...its right there folks. Hollins doesn't rebound at all he's just tall what's the point.

justinnum1
03-20-2012, 11:50 PM
neat article about wades workout routine

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304459804577281872955931702.html

h2r09
03-21-2012, 07:13 AM
o my god, if we are saying we need ryan hollins we aren't going anywhere. he is the worst player I've ever seen. he sucks.

turiaf or hickson or just keep what we have. hollins is awful

Wade>You
03-21-2012, 08:53 AM
As someone who has followed the Heat closely for years: Turiaf and Fisher are just Riley's way of prodding (currently) Chalmers, Haslem, Joel, Pittman, and Curry(?). If you've followed the Heat, you'll know that the players we're always rumored to persue fill a position we already feel good about. The Heat like Chalmers and Cole, they want them to play better and stay sharp. Same goes for Haslem, Joel, and Pitt.

Slug3
03-21-2012, 09:01 AM
I think I read Boris Diaw got bought out, is this correct? Didnt really watch him all year, but when he played against us he killed us, lol.

SteBO
03-21-2012, 09:07 AM
You read correctly, but he's spurs bound in my opinion. He and Tony Parker are great friends.

gotoHcarolina52
03-21-2012, 11:55 AM
Kurt Helin ‏ @basketballtalk

Report: Derek Fisher in Oklahoma City to finalize deal

1988-Present
03-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Any chance the Heat take a run at Boris Diaw?

CHANGO
03-21-2012, 12:49 PM
Some updates on Turiaf and Hollins?

IDK about Diaw. Like Ira said,

Ira Winderman

Also In Basketball

Is difficult to look at Boris Diaw and see a Heat player. It is more difficult to see him as the answer in the middle. But now that he has his Charlotte buyout, he becomes a cheap option, which is always attractive.

But AGAIN, any option is 100000000000000000 better than Curry and Pitt.

CHANGO
03-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Just some research lmao...

K.C Johnson ‏ @KCJHoop

Noah said he has spoken to French national teammate Ronny Turiaf but doesn't know which team he will pick. Heat sounds like leader. #Bulls

justinnum1
03-21-2012, 12:58 PM
:)

Mr. Baller
03-21-2012, 01:23 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏ @WojYahooNBA

Free agent Ronny Turiaf is finalizing an agreement with the Miami Heat today, league sources tell Y! Sports.

We got our big!

justinnum1
03-21-2012, 01:25 PM
:dance:

Marlin234
03-21-2012, 01:34 PM
Do you think this guy is the piece we are missing?

justinnum1
03-21-2012, 01:36 PM
Do you think this guy is the piece we are missing?
Not sure. But he's better than Pittman and curry

Rain 816
03-21-2012, 01:40 PM
:dance:

This is the big i wanted all along...nice to know he wants to win.....now LETS GO HEAT:clap: