PDA

View Full Version : Report: Grizzlies interested in signing Gilbert Arenas

Fresno
03-15-2012, 09:36 PM
Free agent guard Gilbert Arenas is slated to work out for the Memphis Grizzlies on Monday, league sources told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher.

Arenas, who finished last season with the Orlando Magic, worked out for the Los Angeles Lakers earlier this season but remains unsigned.

The Grizzlies are looking to beef up their scoring as they seek a return to the postseason. Memphis entered play Sunday in fifth place in the Western Conference.

Arenas hopes to sign a deal with Memphis that would keep him under contract for the duration of the season, while the Grizzlies originally were interested in him on a 10-day contract, a source told the Memphis Commerical Appeal.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7706523/gilbert-arenas-work-memphis-grizzlies-sources-say

blastmasta26
03-15-2012, 10:37 PM
Interesting move, this late in the year. I'm skeptical of him doing much though, considering guard-deprived teams like the Lakers for example never got around to signing him.

Fresno
03-15-2012, 10:44 PM
Interesting move, this late in the year. I'm skeptical of him doing much though, considering guard-deprived teams like the Lakers for example never got around to signing him.

It looks like the Lakers preferred someone younger at PG and didnt want to add another "vet".

Gilbert just turned 30 while Sessions is only 25.

All the reports about Gilbert is that hes lost weight, he says his knee feels better, and he wants to get out there and play.

Only problem is Gilbert only knows how to play 1 way and he can't really adjust to be a role player. He needs to be given a green light to take shots and run the offense.

ableshwae
03-16-2012, 02:39 AM
And a dragged down by injury geniushttp://www.frjacky.info/

DoMeFavors
03-16-2012, 02:48 AM
In decemeber people were calling this roster a contendor, I look at them like a non playoff team.

Blitzbolt
03-16-2012, 10:17 AM
No one cares about Memphis no one will ever look at them as a playoff team.

MrfadeawayJB
03-16-2012, 11:13 AM
This "roster" hasent been fully intact the past two seasons. Z-BO, Rudy, Marc, and Mike Conley have rarely played together all at once. I see them making serious noise if every one stays healthy

Aust
03-16-2012, 11:15 AM
I'd like to see whether or not the dude can still ball.

Hopefully he spends his time dishing out and not jacking up shots

MrfadeawayJB
03-16-2012, 11:44 AM
I'm skeptical of him doing much though, considering guard-deprived teams like the Lakers for example never got around to signing him

get this troll out of here!!!

Fresno
03-16-2012, 08:51 PM
I'd like to see whether or not the dude can still ball.

Hopefully he spends his time dishing out and not jacking up shots

Conley is more of a passer and Arenas can do the scoring.

Fresno
03-18-2012, 11:11 PM
This "roster" hasent been fully intact the past two seasons. Z-BO, Rudy, Marc, and Mike Conley have rarely played together all at once. I see them making serious noise if every one stays healthy

I think they matchup very well with the Thunder this season with Rudy Gay.

NoahH
03-19-2012, 01:53 PM
Good. Agent Zero is a beast and he showed that in Washington last year. Averaged 18ppg and yes he did shoot pretty bad (39%?) but i think in a reduced role (and not stuck in Stan Van Gundy's dog house) he could thrive in Memphis and score 10-12ppg in 20mins