PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard: As Dumb as a Bag of Karl Malones

Sssmush
03-15-2012, 08:59 PM
Get ready for next year's talk of leaving, followed by the signing another one year extension near the trade deadline.

Then, the same thing the following year. Etc. When he is 35 he will probably finally escape from the used car executives owning the team, and play one and 1/2 seasons for a true contender or glamour team, but probably end up not winning a title.

Orlando has really succeeded in annoying me with this new "sign out of your opt out clause" rule, which seems to have been invented Tuesday just for Dwight.

I'll bet you Dwight is NOT HAPPY about how this played out, but he is apparently susceptible to mental pressure and so, there you go. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the ORLANDO MAGIC starring DWIGHT HOWARD. :clap:

oak2455
03-15-2012, 09:07 PM
move this to pathetic ..................wow

justinnum1
03-15-2012, 09:08 PM
dwight is a diva, plain and simple

Sssmush
03-15-2012, 09:13 PM
Dwight is led by a senior executive of ************ International, followed by an elderly secretary in a $4,000 dollar dress, into the lavish office of ******* ********, CEO of ************ International and owner of the Orlando Magic.

Here's the pitch:

(southern accent)

"Dwight, you made a commitment to us when you signed that contract, that you would stay here and be part of this team for 6 years. I think you know that you are like a son to me... no matter what happens in the future, you are like an actual son to me. I think you also know what it means to be part of a team, what that means. How MUCH it means... to everybody on that team. To be a part of something BIGGER than yourself, to be a part of something GREATER.

"And I also think you know.... that what you're doing by abandoning your family, your team and BREAKING this contract is wrong. I know it's not you... it's just those damn agents! They can't help it. All they know how to do is ruin and corrupt soemthing good. But we have a way to beat those agents; you and I can actually WIN this game, now, here, at the last second.

"This, Dwight, is an opt out to the opt clause that was part of your previously negotiated contract..."

etc

Followed by signing the contract, tears, hugs, Dwight walking out of the office.

Followed by the CEO having a cigar and a glass of scotch and a good laugh.

Sssmush
03-15-2012, 09:17 PM
"Interestingly, Howard was allowed to execute the waiver without the signature of his agent Dan Fegan, according to Ken Berger of CBSSports.com."

"He said that he had wanted to stay but had been getting bad advice."

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/15/its-official-dwight-howard-to-stay-in-orlando-next-season/related/

:laugh:

fadedmario
03-15-2012, 09:24 PM
He's incredibly overrated.

ManRam
03-15-2012, 09:32 PM
He's incredibly overrated.

So all this makes him overrated?

I mean, he handled that all more poorly than anyone else ever has handled that...but that doesn't change what he is on the court.

airforceones25
03-15-2012, 09:33 PM
Get ready for next year's talk of leaving, followed by the signing another one year extension near the trade deadline.

Then, the same thing the following year. Etc. When he is 35 he will probably finally escape from the used car executives owning the team, and play one and 1/2 seasons for a true contender or glamour team, but probably end up not winning a title.

Orlando has really succeeded in annoying me with this new "sign out of your opt out clause" rule, which seems to have been invented Tuesday just for Dwight.

I'll bet you Dwight is NOT HAPPY about how this played out, but he is apparently susceptible to mental pressure and so, there you go. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the ORLANDO MAGIC starring DWIGHT HOWARD. :clap:

**** if being the 2nd richest owner in the NBA and being worth roughly 5 billion means being a used car executive, I better rethink my career choice. LOL

Raph12
03-15-2012, 09:33 PM
The Magic probably trade him on draft day anyways, they don't want to repeat what happened this season, he'll be gone on draft day barring a miracle.

Sssmush
03-15-2012, 09:43 PM
**** if being the 2nd richest owner in the NBA and being worth roughly 5 billion means being a used car executive, I better rethink my career choice. LOL

The point is, they know how to use the hard sell and the tactics of the used car salesman. And it wouldn't surprise me to know that he had sold a used car or two in his day...

Point is, that without his agent there, Dwight was utterly defenseless. I was wondering why Orlando seemed so calm, even with the deadline impending. I guess Dwight had made him a promise that, before the deadline, the two of them would meet "man to man", one on one, and then after that, their friendship is good, no matter what his decision.

And he knows, 100%, that Dwight isn't walking out of that "Jack Donaghy" style meeting, without having signed. I'm sure he didn't even need to get to the real heavy pressure and he had signed already.

LAKobeBryant
03-15-2012, 09:45 PM
he thinks they have a chance since their 3rd seed and wants to wait to see what orlando is going to do in the off season then next year trade deadline he'll really leave or stay depending on the playoff and offseason signing.

seems logical to me.

oak2455
03-15-2012, 09:46 PM
wow its funny .............not really... good for D12 , he probably wanted to stay all along

Chi StateOfMind
03-15-2012, 09:46 PM
move this to pathetic ..................wow

This sig pic made me forget what this thread was about.

Raph12
03-15-2012, 10:00 PM
This sig pic made me forget what this thread was about.

Judging by how poorly the OP was written, I'd say that was a good thing... The OP just sounds like a butt-hurt fan who wanted to see Dwight on the move.

bathroom_man
03-15-2012, 10:12 PM
Oak2455,
Where u get that sig pic? Goddamn

bucketss
03-15-2012, 10:13 PM
you sound incredibly salty about this you must really wanted howard on your team LOL! too bad

Sssmush
03-15-2012, 10:20 PM
you sound incredibly salty about this you must really wanted howard on your team LOL! too bad

Well, to be honest, I did think that Dwight to the Lakers for Gasol or Bynum was a possibility... I was ambivalent about Bynum for Howard but Gasol for Howard would've been great, at least in the long run.

But yeah. Been hearing all these rumors about the Dwight Howard "situation" for an entire year now... and I just have to call it like I see it.

What I described in this thread is EXACTLY the way things went down, I can tell you that almost for sure, even without being anywhere near the situation.

So... you're welcome.

Raph12
03-15-2012, 10:28 PM
Well, to be honest, I did think that Dwight to the Lakers for Gasol or Bynum was a possibility... I was ambivalent about Bynum for Howard but Gasol for Howard would've been great, at least in the long run.

But yeah. Been hearing all these rumors about the Dwight Howard "situation" for an entire year now... and I just have to call it like I see it.

What I described in this thread is EXACTLY the way things went down, I can tell you that almost for sure, even without being anywhere near the situation.

So... you're welcome.

If you don't see the upside for Dwight by opting in, I'll gladly enlighten you...

RLundi
03-15-2012, 10:44 PM
OP is a Nets fans. That explains the whiny rant. I understand Dwight changes his mind more than a woman, but it's over. You'll get another crack next year or on draft night.

Move on.

Sssmush
03-15-2012, 10:45 PM
If you don't see the upside for Dwight by opting in, I'll gladly enlighten you...

Enlighten away.

What I see is that Dwight clearly had thoughts about leaving for New Jersey, Dallas or LA, AND he wanted to sign a max 5 or 6 year extension, and he didn't want a team to have to gut itself to trade for him.

In giving away his opt out clause he gains nothing. It's true that Orlando could've sent him as a rental to a destination that he doesn't want, but Orlando could still do that after the season, or anytime up until the NEXT tradeline.

Also, with the opt out clause, Dwight was free to opt out from wherever he was traded, and was also free to either sign an extension with Orlando, if he liked the way they kissed up to him, or to opt out and go free agent, OR to do a sign and trade to a preferred destination.

Now, Dwight has given away all his power and all his options, And he's still on a ONE YEAR contract, not a five year guaranteed, and he has quite clearly just been talked into it, by business executives of a vastly higher mental caliber. And he essentially gets nothing in return. People who say that he's doing it because the Magic are on the verge of the 8th seed in the playoffs are just trying to make sense of it.

If I were to guess, I'd say that Dwight is having severe "buyer's remorse" about now, and his agents are going to have to sit him down and explain that now he is tied to the Orlando Magic for one more year.

Losoway
03-15-2012, 11:00 PM
I honestly feel dwight howard only signed a 1 year deal , just to get the people back on his side . he tried to push that bs speech about being loyal BUT ONLY SIGNS A 1 YEAR DEAL

this was a straight pr move , so that when he leaves next year he is gonna say "i gave them a year"

AsfanSince99
03-15-2012, 11:02 PM
If I'm the Magic I'd trade this fool in the offseason.

*Superman*
03-15-2012, 11:04 PM
I honestly feel dwight howard only signed a 1 year deal , just to get the people back on his side . he tried to push that bs speech about being loyal BUT ONLY SIGNS A 1 YEAR DEAL

this was a straight pr move , so that when he leaves next year he is gonna say "i gave them a year"

I'd be okay with that. He honored his contract, did what he could for 9 years, if he feels its time to move on, so be it. I'll be even more okay with it if the Magic FO doesn't bring in another scorer, our biggest weakness.

rapjuicer06
03-15-2012, 11:14 PM
I don't think any Orlando fan cares a whole lot anymore. We'll enjoy him ON THE COURT til he is moved then the fanbase will move on. I can't speak for all Magic fans, but I'd rather trade this guy in the offseason packaged with Hedo and gain a full basketball team out of it instead of a bunch of misfits..I don't want to hear about this **** again next year, but if it happens, so be it. I think it's soooo funny that the Magic fans are ho-hum about this and all the other fans are making a huge deal :laugh2:

Raph12
03-15-2012, 11:18 PM
Enlighten away.

What I see is that Dwight clearly had thoughts about leaving for New Jersey, Dallas or LA, AND he wanted to sign a max 5 or 6 year extension, and he didn't want a team to have to gut itself to trade for him.

In giving away his opt out clause he gains nothing. It's true that Orlando could've sent him as a rental to a destination that he doesn't want, but Orlando could still do that after the season, or anytime up until the NEXT tradeline.

Also, with the opt out clause, Dwight was free to opt out from wherever he was traded, and was also free to either sign an extension with Orlando, if he liked the way they kissed up to him, or to opt out and go free agent, OR to do a sign and trade to a preferred destination.

Now, Dwight has given away all his power and all his options, And he's still on a ONE YEAR contract, not a five year guaranteed, and he has quite clearly just been talked into it, by business executives of a vastly higher mental caliber. And he essentially gets nothing in return. People who say that he's doing it because the Magic are on the verge of the 8th seed in the playoffs are just trying to make sense of it.

If I were to guess, I'd say that Dwight is having severe "buyer's remorse" about now, and his agents are going to have to sit him down and explain that now he is tied to the Orlando Magic for one more year.

1. Dwight can only sign to a 4-yr contract with a new team, he can only resign with the team he's on by the deadline (Magic or whoever they'd trade him to) for 5-yrs with larger increases in pay (7.5% to 4.5%).

2. By trading him at this point, he'd go to the Nets, Warriors, Rockets or another lottery team willing to gut their roster for a rental. That team he went to wouldn't have much left on the roster to contend with in 22 games for him to be able to take them to the playoffs... Result, one wasted year of his prime.

3. By opting in, he gets one more chance to win a ring in the playoffs with the team he's comfortable with, while he's still in his prime. He also give the Magic a final chance to make some moves next season to better their team or clear cap for the 2013 season of big FAs... If they are unsuccessful in doing so, he can say he tried his best and walk away without looking too bad.

4. Now he'll become a FA with Chris Paul, Josh Smith and Monta Ellis; all guys he has said he wanted to play with and all close friends of his. He told everyone he wanted to explore FA in 2012 no matter what, the options in 2012 were pretty terrible and the only other good FA was DWill who apparently had his eyes set on Dallas (Dwight was upset with him during AS weekend for his comments)... Teams now know that both D12 and CP3 will be UFAs in 2013, along with guys like JSmoove and Monta; then you also have guys like Blake Griffin, James Harden, Serge Ibaka and others becoming RFAs. So expect a lot of teams to try and clear cap to become Miami 2.0.

Finally, it helps soften his image as the villain of the league and makes people go back to thinking he's the "good boy" who was loyal to his team. And worst-case scenario, if everything goes sour and they lose in the 1st round again, he can tell the Magic he's definitely leaving and to trade him on draft night so he has a full season with the team he's traded to. This way, the Magic would also get better offers for him in return.

Any other questions?

oak2455
03-15-2012, 11:34 PM
Ralph well done and nice boobs !!!

oak2455
03-15-2012, 11:35 PM
btw the OP sig is that girl 5 WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Raph12
03-15-2012, 11:48 PM
Ralph well done and nice boobs !!!

Thanks for the boobs comment, I try :D

As for the "RaLph", as my fellow Magic fan has said umpteen times:

Raph, not Ralph.

:p

oak2455
03-16-2012, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the boobs comment, I try :D

As for the "RaLph", as my fellow Magic fan has said umpteen times:

:p

Blame it on apple.....

VladTheImpaler
03-16-2012, 12:11 AM
1. Dwight can only sign to a 4-yr contract with a new team, he can only resign with the team he's on by the deadline (Magic or whoever they'd trade him to) for 5-yrs with larger increases in pay (7.5% to 4.5%).

2. By trading him at this point, he'd go to the Nets, Warriors, Rockets or another lottery team willing to gut their roster for a rental. That team he went to wouldn't have much left on the roster to contend with in 22 games for him to be able to take them to the playoffs... Result, one wasted year of his prime.

3. By opting in, he gets one more chance to win a ring in the playoffs with the team he's comfortable with, while he's still in his prime. He also give the Magic a final chance to make some moves next season to better their team or clear cap for the 2013 season of big FAs... If they are unsuccessful in doing so, he can say he tried his best and walk away without looking too bad.

4. Now he'll become a FA with Chris Paul, Josh Smith and Monta Ellis; all guys he has said he wanted to play with and all close friends of his. He told everyone he wanted to explore FA in 2012 no matter what, the options in 2012 were pretty terrible and the only other good FA was DWill who apparently had his eyes set on Dallas (Dwight was upset with him during AS weekend for his comments)... Teams now know that both D12 and CP3 will be UFAs in 2013, along with guys like JSmoove and Monta; then you also have guys like Blake Griffin, James Harden, Serge Ibaka and others becoming RFAs. So expect a lot of teams to try and clear cap to become Miami 2.0.

Finally, it helps soften his image as the villain of the league and makes people go back to thinking he's the "good boy" who was loyal to his team. And worst-case scenario, if everything goes sour and they lose in the 1st round again, he can tell the Magic he's definitely leaving and to trade him on draft night so he has a full season with the team he's traded to. This way, the Magic would also get better offers for him in return.

Any other questions?

I must have missed it, what comments were those?

Oh, and from what I can tell, the Magic played it perfectly. It seemed Dwight's agent convinced him to finish out the year in Orlando and collect his bonuses, then bolt in the offseason. The Magic, instead of being blind and letting it happen, gave him an ultimatum, either commit or get dealt wherever, and he decided he'd rather stay. Good on them, and good to see league-wide.

Raph12
03-16-2012, 12:32 AM
I must have missed it, what comments were those?

Oh, and from what I can tell, the Magic played it perfectly. It seemed Dwight's agent convinced him to finish out the year in Orlando and collect his bonuses, then bolt in the offseason. The Magic, instead of being blind and letting it happen, gave him an ultimatum, either commit or get dealt wherever, and he decided he'd rather stay. Good on them, and good to see league-wide.

Comments about Dallas being so great and loving to play in that arena, etc... Apparently Dwight's camp was angry with DWill and Dwight felt he was only looking out for himself (Mavs have room for only one FA).

The Magic definitely put a dent in his plans, but don't think Dwight opted in without having a plan in mind. He viewed his options and saw that it would be better to opt in and do it again next season.

The Jokemaker
03-16-2012, 01:32 AM
Seems like the smart move by Dwight... This Orlando team is far closer to competing than the Nets so why waste years sucking on those teams when he can play another year in Orlando and either get traded or sign after that 1 year deal up and go wherever he wants.

jmoney85
03-16-2012, 01:58 AM
how did I miss this thread... smush had top 5 posts on PSD lol

Sssmush
03-16-2012, 04:30 AM

Any other questions?

You do make some good points, and to be honest it does make me feel somewhat better about Dwight "opting out of his option to opt out" or however they described the Orlando Magic's new legal invention.

I am still convinced that it did in fact go down the way I described it, though, and the fact that Dwight's agent DIDN'T sign it seems to make that obvious.

Dwight does gain a bit in the PR department, although you could also look at this as an entire extra year that we'll be hearing about "where is Dwight going?" and "what team will Dwight select?" and "will Dwight sign an extension in Orlando?" when, clearly, the vast majority of fans are tired of hearing about it, and at least a few of them have to be thinking "wtf", like why didn't he just say he was coming back if that was the plan? Why drag it all the way through the dirt for an entire year, and then "opt out of the option to opt" out with mere minutes to go before the tradeline, without even having his agent present?

Also, it's true that if he was traded and opted out, or just stayed in Orlando and opted out, he could only sign a 4 year deal unless they did a sign and trade... but as is, he is only signed to a ONE YEAR deal, which seems considerably worse. Also, the 2013 class will also include Bynum, as well as some other players, AND it will be the big year before the draconian luxury taxes kick in.

And of course, to say that Orlando has a shot at a ring this year is questionable... and in any case, Orlando didn't make one single move to improve the team, despite all their talk of doing so.

But the biggest thing I see is that Dwight narrowed his choices and options as far as what he could do. Before 3PM he held all the cards. If Orlando wanted him to opt in, they had to treat him right. If he wanted to sign with any team after the season, he could. He could sign and trade, opt in and play, go free agent, sign a minimal contract with Miami for one year, try out the Lakers, go to New Jersey... anything.

Now his only option is to go wherever Orlando tells him to go, and to wait and see, again, for a whole additional year, how Orlando wants to handle the situation and what they want to do. He gained nothing from opting out of his opt out option (the Orlando lawyer who invented that should win an award by the way) and he gave away valuable leverage and power.

I don't blame him, though, I guess. He probably was flying over the Florida keys in a $500 million dollar jet helicopter with the owner of the team when he signed. Heck, I probably would've signed. Anyways, apparently he (and Orlando) enjoyed this circus, and would like to keep it going as long as possible. If that's the case then he definitely made the right decision.

Raph12
03-16-2012, 05:29 AM
^Dude the point is, it was in his best interests to opt in; whether it was his choice or not, it was the smart choice... The rest is moot.

Sssmush
03-16-2012, 06:48 AM
^Dude the point is, it was in his best interests to opt in; whether it was his choice or not, it was the smart choice... The rest is moot.

Look... I like Dwight Howard, and I think he is a good person. I am rooting for Dwight Howard in all of this, that's why I felt kind of bad with how things played out... I felt like he GOT played.

I think you have it exactly backward. I think the primary consideration should be that Dwight gets to make his choice, that he should be free to make his choice. Whether it's a "good" or a "bad" choice, according to you or me, or is in his "best interests" as we decide, or as somebody else decides, is somewhat besides the point. The main point is that Dwight should be FREE to MAKE his choice. In this instance, I think he was manipulated, pretty clearly.

If he decides to stay long term, fine, whatever, that's great for him if he's happy. If that's his choice and he's happy, right on. But as things stand now, the PR effect is a collective "wtf" and he is only signed to a one year contract, and has to start the contract year rut all over again--OR get traded anywhere Orlando wants and do it there.

Let's not forget that Orlando has no real loyalty to Dwight... by their own admission they were ready to ship him out in a rental deal at the drop of a hat.

MagicHero3
03-16-2012, 09:14 AM
Judging by how poorly the OP was written, I'd say that was a good thing... The OP just sounds like a butt-hurt fan who wanted to see Dwight on the move.

agreed. /thread
time to close

Cal827
03-16-2012, 09:49 AM
I've never been more aroused by a thread... Thanks Oak and Raph :D

Sssmush
03-16-2012, 09:56 AM
Think of it this way...

If opting out of the option to opt out of his contract was the "right" move for Dwight, the most advantageous and best move for him, then wouldn't it still be the best move for him after the trade deadline?

For instance, if opting out and staying is truly what he wanted to do, and if Orlando is truly on his side, then it shouldn't make a difference whether he opts out at 2:45PM, or at 3:15PM. Right?

This whole scenario is predicated on the idea that if Dwight isn't signed or traded by 3:01PM then he will royally **** the franchise. And because of that mistrust the franchise is willing to trade him to the highest bidder, or at least threaten to trade him.

So, I can see what Orlando gets out of it, seeing as they don't trust Dwight, but I just don't see what Dwight gets out of it--he'd be better off if he hadn't signed away his opt out, as he explicitly said he didn't want to do.

LakersIn5
03-16-2012, 10:13 AM
hope he gets traded in the offseason already to avoid what happened this season to happen again next season

MrfadeawayJB
03-16-2012, 11:48 AM
:laugh2: at the title.

As dumb as a bag of Karl Malones lol--->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX-nz3fwHqw

oak2455
03-16-2012, 12:08 PM

JasonJohnHorn
03-16-2012, 02:12 PM
If Orlando had a bag of Karl Malones, this team would win the title in a heart beat. Dumb as a bag of Karl Malones? WTF are you talking about? Karl Malone had a great basketball IQ. SMH

Raph12
03-16-2012, 02:28 PM
@Sssmush, I think I see your point, you think he got screwed into staying another season, right?... He was forced into staying one more year, but it wasn't a dumb decision to opt in, it was the best decision he could make, considering the circumstances.

God definitely knew what he was doing when he created boobs.

MagicHero3
03-16-2012, 03:26 PM
shame on mods for keepin this open. OP is bitter dwight didnt sign with his team. How many Dwight bashing threads r u gonna let them keep open? ima open a Wade bashing one and see how long before you close that one...wait, already happened. and theres still 3 dwight bashing threads? my god!

John Walls Era
03-16-2012, 03:30 PM
TBF to Dwight I think he gets a lot of money next year (compare to the 1st year of a new contract). He loses long term guaranteed money, but Dwight will get that money eventually. But I hope he decides quickly next year.

Cowboys4Life619
03-16-2012, 03:47 PM
A lot of Nets fans around here...enjoy your 10-72 record next year

Sssmush
03-16-2012, 06:40 PM
shame on mods for keepin this open. OP is bitter dwight didnt sign with his team. How many Dwight bashing threads r u gonna let them keep open? ima open a Wade bashing one and see how long before you close that one...wait, already happened. and theres still 3 dwight bashing threads? my god!

don't hate the haters, hate the game :rolleyes:

Sssmush
03-16-2012, 06:47 PM
Like one more thing on this... I think Orlando missed a huge marketing and PR opportunity on this one.

If Orlando had just said "we love and trust Dwight Howard. We are not going to trade him, and we will give him the chance to explore free agency, and we are sincerely hoping he signs here with Orlando. He has earned that right and we respect his wishes deeply."

And THEN if Dwight opts in, or signs an extension, wow. That's something nice. For Orlando, for Dwight, for the fans, for the NBA.

As it stands now, though, the way they played it, it just resets the clock till March 15 2013, and the game hasn't stopped. Dwight doesn't seem to want to be there, and Orlando is just playing not to lose.

Sssmush
03-18-2012, 02:44 AM
Great article on the DH12 - Orlando opt out of the opt out, featuring new information:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/17/in-case-you-needed-it-more-proof-dwights-decision-making-wednesday-night-was-absurd/related/

Howard conceded that the conference call did sway his decision. By the time the Magic's chartered plane landed in Orlando in the wee hours Thursday, Howard had informed the team he would bypass the early termination option in his contract.

Uh, "had informed the team," I think what they mean is that the team had a trio of lawyers sitting right behind Howard, ready to get his signature while he was still on the conference call. Picture everybody on the conference call simultaneously cheering.

He also said he has remained in contact with Williams, his close friend and the Nets' star point guard who insisted earlier Friday he would opt out of the final season of his contract to enter free agency this summer.

Uh, I'm guessing he wasn't able to get a phone call through to Deron Williams during that flight.

oak2455
03-18-2012, 11:10 AM
Great article on the DH12 - Orlando opt out of the opt out, featuring new information:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/17/in-case-you-needed-it-more-proof-dwights-decision-making-wednesday-night-was-absurd/related/

Uh, "had informed the team," I think what they mean is that the team had a trio of lawyers sitting right behind Howard, ready to get his signature while he was still on the conference call. Picture everybody on the conference call simultaneously cheering.

Uh, I'm guessing he wasn't able to get a phone call through to Deron Williams during that flight.
ohhh well
it's funny how you wanna keep this thread going, like you said before next year can be the same... close thread.....#pathetic :D

Big2win
03-18-2012, 11:51 AM
The biggest mistake I think Howard made is coming to this decision in the 11th hour which crippled the Magic from making any significant moves by the trade deadline. Adidas gives Howard (and D. Rose) significant bonuses for making the playoffs which NJ/Brooklyn has no chance of making and I think that had a lot to do with his decision as well.

smith&wesson
03-18-2012, 12:16 PM
say what you want about the guy, but he made the smart move.

his team is in good position for the playoffs. whats he going to do ? go to a team like the nets who arent a playoff team and gutt half their roster while playing golf in the offseason ?

marferrer
03-18-2012, 01:40 PM
Howard is overrated. Trust me, remove that injury past of Bynum and you'll consider him the same level, if not better, than D12.

gaughan333
03-18-2012, 02:17 PM
Howard is overrated. Trust me, remove that injury past of Bynum and you'll consider him the same level, if not better, than D12.

Well remove the poor free throw shooting and howard becomes a lot better

Raph12
03-18-2012, 04:28 PM

Bynum is overrated, Big Al is even better than him, he just doesn't play for the Lakers...

Cfrey
03-18-2012, 04:47 PM
lol people hate on lebron but dwights situation is 10 thousand times worse..

**** at least lebron had the respect to keep his personal decisions off the court and away from the team the season before he left

Jenceman
03-18-2012, 05:59 PM
Bynum is overrated, Big Al is even better than him, he just doesn't play for the Lakers...

Wait...what? You cannot be serious...

I know Bynum isn't as good as Dwight, but he is without a doubt ahead of Jefferson.

EDIT: Honestly what is Jefferson better at? Only thing I see is he turns the ball over less, but shoots about 10% less from the field than Bynum.

Sssmush
03-18-2012, 06:02 PM
Dwight and DWill should be called Dwrong and Dwon't

Sssmush
03-18-2012, 06:12 PM
Oh, and Bynum has two rings, *****es, and is putting up like 20/15, and his efficiency is ridiculous.

Yeah... some posters are right though, this thread is played out. I feel kinda bad that I started it. When I started the thread I thought it was kind of "in your face" and that there would be a lot of pushback and counterargument... but there's really not much for anybody to say about it. It all seems kind of sad or something now.

Especially with the details emerging from Matt Moore's article about "The Phone Call," I actually feel kind of bad or guilty about the entire situation, and especially the way I titled the thread. I just remembered when I was a kid, every year Karl Malone would talk of leaving Utah, and every year the owner would take him in the back room and when he walked out of that room he was always signed to another one year deal. Until he wasn't worth the trouble anymore.

Yeah, really I think that Dwight has kind of jumped the shark now. A couple of years ago, in 2010, Dwight was the gold standard, an NBA superstar the Lakers could only dream of adding, a championship dynasty piece. Now, after all the drama, and the way he is playing, it's becoming clearer that it's just more like "meh," he's just a really good NBA player, a solid NBA PF/Center. He's a really good, but he's not like a Shaq/Lebron/Kobe/Jordan type of good. For title winning purposes, Bynum is just as good if not better.

ManRam
03-18-2012, 06:12 PM
Guys, Dwight Howard is NOT as dumb as a bag of Karl Malones!

http://www.myspace.com/video/opidfoi/karl-malone-on-the-movies/9549636
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX-nz3fwHqw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJIMjt3NiYY

and my favorite,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6peBjEYZLYI

boolish
03-18-2012, 06:13 PM
The Magic probably trade him on draft day anyways, they don't want to repeat what happened this season, he'll be gone on draft day barring a miracle.

hardly. if you saw the presser when DH agreed to stay you saw a franchise that is in absolute "luv" with it's star player. they would not trade him until the very last moment imo.

theheatles
03-18-2012, 06:15 PM
clippers are going to trade cp3 for hedo and jameer by next yrs trade deadline

onlythisfar41
03-18-2012, 06:24 PM
So my question is, lets say the Magic get swept out of the first round, not likely but for this scenario lets say thats the case. Does Dwight immediately make a big deal out of him not wanting to be there and try and force his way out again.

Its all very confusing this situation. Dwight was a little ***** about everything and he looks terrible now as a result.

ManRam
03-18-2012, 06:29 PM
So my question is, lets say the Magic get swept out of the first round, not likely but for this scenario lets say thats the case. Does Dwight immediately make a big deal out of him not wanting to be there and try and force his way out again.

Its all very confusing this situation. Dwight was a little ***** about everything and he looks terrible now as a result.

I'd imagine he's learned from this...

If that's what he feels, I'd imagine he just quietly tells the front office that and proceeds with life as is. But who knows? As the title says, he has shown he doesn't always make good decisions.

ManRam
03-18-2012, 07:05 PM
I don't defend Dwight much...

But, in the end, he made his own decision and the decision he wanted. The dumbest thing he could have done was to make a decision that he didn't truly want. So at least in the very end he did the smartest thing possible. He didn't let money, an agent, or any of his other "handlers" make him do something he didn't truly want to do.

tapajafri
03-18-2012, 09:57 PM
Lol