PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Surprise of the 2012 NBA deadline?

SmartestGuyHere
03-15-2012, 06:47 PM
Kaman staying and probably leaving after this season.
Basically Stern traded CP3 for Aminu + injured EG and a late (non-lottery) pick from the Twolves... This is why owners shouldn't tamper, they don't know ****. That's why owners HIRE gms in the first place.

KnicksorBust
03-15-2012, 06:51 PM
Nothing really blew me away. Bogut for Ellis was the biggest deal and even that has very little impact on this season. Camby/Sjax/Barbosa/Sessions are all role players. Nene and Wallace are very talented but both went to lottery bound teams. No playoff contender made a big move to put itself over the top.

SmartestGuyHere
03-15-2012, 06:53 PM
The Wallace trade was terrible for the Nets...

Monta is beast
03-15-2012, 06:53 PM
The biggest surprise was how much action there was IMO.

Iodine
03-15-2012, 06:54 PM
That SJax hasnt asked for a new contract yet

YoungOne
03-15-2012, 06:55 PM
celtics doin nothing :\

sunsfan88
03-15-2012, 06:55 PM
Denver trading Nene after them playing so well was the biggest surprise.

SmartestGuyHere
03-15-2012, 06:58 PM

Better than giving us Rondo for Pau.

pd7631
03-15-2012, 06:59 PM
The biggest surprise was how much action there was IMO.

This.

Gram
03-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Basically Stern traded CP3 for Aminu + injured EG and a late (non-lottery) pick from the Twolves... This is why owners shouldn't tamper, they don't know SHlT. That's why owners HIRE gms in the first place.

This sounds like a Laker fan still crying over not getting Chris Paul.

Jint.
03-15-2012, 07:02 PM
trading Nene

SmartestGuyHere
03-15-2012, 07:04 PM
This sounds like a Laker fan still crying over not getting Chris Paul.

anyone here who isn't a Lakers hater would say that the Lakers trade is better. The deal was good because they assumed the Twolves would be bad and EG would play well. Neither happened.

TboneM3
03-15-2012, 07:05 PM
Clearly, it's somehow getting rid of Luke Walton and his rediculous contract.

ManningToTyree
03-15-2012, 07:09 PM
Dwight staying put and re-upping

mgsports
03-15-2012, 07:14 PM
The Magic not Aquring anybody or Crawford,Miles,Beasley and so on who were rumored not Traded.

lvlheaded
03-15-2012, 07:15 PM
The Lakers getting rid of the Walton contract was kind of magical.

Nene getting traded out of nowhere was crazy too

Aust
03-15-2012, 07:53 PM
Wallace trade, Nene trade, a bunch of teams not doing anything, Portland cleaning house, Fisher ousted, Dwight staying, and Beasley not going anywhere

Raps18-19 Champ
03-15-2012, 07:58 PM
Basically Stern traded CP3 for Aminu + injured EG and a late (non-lottery) pick from the Twolves... This is why owners shouldn't tamper, they don't know ****. That's why owners HIRE gms in the first place.

Because the guy who has over 46 years of NBA experience doesn't know anything.

:laugh2:

Raps18-19 Champ
03-15-2012, 07:59 PM
Trading both McGee and Young for Nene.

Trueblue2
03-15-2012, 08:06 PM
Nene for McGee blew me away... Even George Karl can't fix stupid.

Ellis for a broken Bogut was meh... GS could have done better IMO

Lakers dumping Walton AND Fisher is amazing. Way to come through in the clutch Mitch.

Wallace trade had me scratching my head a little too. Anyone know how protected the pick is?

gbrl
03-15-2012, 08:12 PM
trading Nene

this

Yankeefan213
03-15-2012, 08:13 PM
I would say that the Celtics doing nothing is the biggest surprise

Yankeefan213
03-15-2012, 08:14 PM
Nene for McGee blew me away... Even George Karl can't fix stupid.

Ellis for a broken Bogut was meh... GS could have done better IMO

Lakers dumping Walton AND Fisher is amazing. Way to come through in the clutch Mitch.

Wallace trade had me scratching my head a little too. Anyone know how protected the pick is?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if the pick is top 3, it is protected.

amos1er
03-15-2012, 08:15 PM

Yep, the CP3 incident was one of the most disgraceful moments in NBA history. Stern and the other crybaby owners basically agreed that it was bad for business for the Lakers to keep winning championships. So basically Stern had to take a crappy deal to prevent the Lakers from building another dynasty. Free Market, I think not. Stern is a communist bastard and should now be referred to as Tzar Stern. :facepalm:

To the victory go the spoils, unless your spoils are judged to be in excess of those of your peers, then David Stalin Stern (The Red Hand) will step in and level the playing field.

Mcdoh
03-15-2012, 08:19 PM
fisher traded..

Iodine
03-15-2012, 08:20 PM
Yep, the CP3 incident was one of the most disgraceful moments in NBA history. Stern and the other crybaby owners basically agreed that it was bad for business for the Lakers to keep winning championships. So basically Stern had to take a crappy deal to prevent the Lakers from building another dynasty. Free Market, I think not. Stern is a communist bastard and should now be referred to as Tzar Stern. :facepalm:

To the victory go the spoils, unless your spoils are judged to be in excess of those of your peers, then David Stalin Stern (The Red Hand) will step in and level the playing field.

Um, the NBA has never said it was a free market. Free Agency aside, almost every move requires league approval. Stop.

Lakeshow24KB
03-15-2012, 08:21 PM
My boy fish

Chacarron
03-15-2012, 08:23 PM
As a Lakers fan, the Fisher trade. I would have never imagined in a million years we would trade that guy after all he has done for us.

amos1er
03-15-2012, 08:28 PM
Um, the NBA has never said it was a free market. Free Agency aside, almost every move requires league approval. Stop.

They exist within the United States. Therefore they should not follow the practices of a communist nation. Trades do not require league approval and never have...only this one time in NBA history, has the commissioner or communist dictator stepped in to make such a bold move. Are you familiar with the term conflict of interest? Had the Lakers sued, Stern would be responsible for damages. Lucky that our owners are not a bunch of hater crybabies like Dan Gilbert and Mark Cuban and the rest of the bunch who are just bitter that they cannot build championship contenders.

bluefire7002
03-15-2012, 08:29 PM
As a Lakers fan, the Fisher trade. I would have never imagined in a million years we would trade that guy after all he has done for us.

THIS

Never thought he would be traded this year, unless he was a piece to getting back a Howard/Rondo type deal.

Raph12
03-15-2012, 09:21 PM
Biggest surprise was the Nets, I think they too are hoping their pick turns out to be Top 3... That's the only way they get saved today.

SmartestGuyHere
03-15-2012, 10:07 PM
I'm jealous that the Clippers got Nick Young for a 1st rounder... GM of the year for sure.

IAmARanger18
03-15-2012, 10:08 PM
McGee being traded, I did not see that coming at all, I also did not see Nene being move after been given that contract in the off-season. Maybe they freed up space to bring Wilson Chandler back?

Ladies Man
03-15-2012, 10:19 PM

This.

VeejNasty
03-15-2012, 10:23 PM
The Lakers getting rid of the Walton contract was kind of magical.
Nene getting traded out of nowhere was crazy too

The Lakers made some pretty good moves IMO. Getting rid of Walton's contract and picking up a solid pass first pg in Sessions is a big win.

Also, pretty disappointed the W's let go of Udoh. He was really starting to produce. We'll see how Bogut does when he comes back.

mavwar53
03-15-2012, 10:34 PM
I'd agree with the no trade of Beasley or Crawford and just how much action there was.

also surprised that the celts didn't pull the trigger on anything, I'm sure they had offers but apparently they didn't like any of them.

Actually I've changed my mind, Nene getting dealt I think it was a great trade by the nuggets but who saw that coming, seriously out of left field.

TheNumber37
03-15-2012, 10:36 PM
Nene to Wizards.
Celtics not doing anything... I didn't expect them to move from their core, but not even a minor move.
I also thought the Knicks would try to turn Toney D into something.

CudiOnMyiPod
I think Barbosa to Indiana will turn out to be one of the best acquisitions. He is a top notch bench scorer in this league.

CudiOnMyiPod
Dallas not getting rid of Lamar Odom..

The goods
03-15-2012, 10:42 PM
Fisher being traded I can't believe that happened,
The clippers getting nick young for brian cook as well.

2-ONE-5
03-15-2012, 10:47 PM
gotta be Howard staying put. After all the drama, the list, etc. Almost like the dude just wanted to draw more attention to himself for some reason.

MrfadeawayJB
03-15-2012, 10:48 PM
Suprised the Lakers cut ties with Fisher

NothingbutWill
03-15-2012, 10:53 PM
Portland imploding their whole roster

SmartestGuyHere
03-15-2012, 10:56 PM
Like I said, still better than the trade Demps got.

3 overpaid contracts with horrible trade value.

I still fail to understand how you can argue Demps deal was better.

How can you say Lamar Odom and Luis scola are overpaid from last year's production? Any 3 of them would be the best player on the Hornets or Raptors. Lol... That team would probably have 20-25 wins. But since you're used to losing, of course you would pick Stern's trade.

Lake_Show2416
03-15-2012, 10:56 PM
Ric Bucher actually reported something that eventually became true

#SJax2Spurs

Dade County
03-15-2012, 10:58 PM
The HEAT didn't trade for a center that knows he has two hands.

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-15-2012, 11:12 PM
Like I said, still better than the trade Demps got.

3 overpaid contracts with horrible trade value.

I still fail to understand how you can argue Demps deal was better.

Understand this that even if NOH gets a new actual owner, no real solid all-star or superstar solid players will got to NOH even if they have cap room because the arena in New Orleans doesn't even sell out. Heck, it didn't even sell out when they had CP3.

They'll probably overpay for some overrated guy like Javale McGee and he will be the franchise player.

Atleast for the time being, they could have rolled as an organization with the talents of Scola and Martin and a youngster in Dragic. Odom could have become an expiring (he will this summer when Mavs buy him out this summer for 2.5 of his 8.9M contract).

The Man Upstairs even knows that the LAL-NOH-HOU deal was the deal to be made. The LAC-NOH trade that Stern made is actually an insult to every general manager to have ever existed in the history of the National Basketball Association.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-15-2012, 11:16 PM
Understand this that even if NOH gets a new actual owner, no real solid all-star or superstar solid players will got to NOH even if they have cap room because the arena in New Orleans doesn't even sell out. Heck, it didn't even sell out when they had CP3.

They'll probably overpay for some overrated guy like Javale McGee and he will be the franchise player.

Atleast for the time being, they could have rolled as an organization with the talents of Scola and Martin and a youngster in Dragic. Odom could have become an expiring (he will this summer when Mavs buy him out this summer for 2.5 of his 8.9M contract).

The Man Upstairs even knows that the LAL-NOH-HOU deal was the deal to be made. The LAC-NOH trade that Stern made is actually an insult to every general manager to have ever existed in the history of the National Basketball Association.

Even if they don't sign a player, they still have more hope going forward with Gordon than they do in those other players.

The Hornets don't benefit from anything receiving those players. They have no trade value and their contracts are longer than wanted.

Team*Chicago
03-15-2012, 11:20 PM
Nothing really blew me away. Bogut for Ellis was the biggest deal and even that has very little impact on this season. Camby/Sjax/Barbosa/Sessions are all role players. Nene and Wallace are very talented but both went to lottery bound teams. No playoff contender made a big move to put itself over the top.

I agree with'ya, nothing blew me away either since we all knew the teams that were planning on trading waited almost to the last minute to trade. The teams that traded aren't going anywhere and isn't going to do much with less than 15 games left in the season.

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-15-2012, 11:23 PM
Even if they don't sign a player, they still have more hope going forward with Gordon than they do in those other players.

The Hornets don't benefit from anything receiving those players. They have no trade value and their contracts are longer than wanted.

Longer than they wanted? What was it that they were exactly building towards anyways?

At least entertain the fans by winning some basketball games. You already have issues as an organization filling up the arena (heck, the OKC Hornets of 06-07 had a more successful outting, which is why the NBA decided to move Sonics/Thunder from Seattle to OKC). When you have that much trouble drawing fans, you don't mess around and put a **** product out there to lure away the fans even more.

It was a selfish move and now, it looks like a very dumb move from a basketball talent aspect as well as a business/drawingfans/product on the court aspect.

And trust me, K-Mart and Scola are no jokers where you can't build around those 2 guys once you have a legitimate nice PG to go and accomodate those guys' talents.

Team*Chicago
03-15-2012, 11:23 PM

:facepalm: No! I think you're still a little sore hurt in the *** about not aquiring CP3 from the Hornets and Howard is staying with the Magic for another season.

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-15-2012, 11:29 PM
:facepalm: No! I think you're still a little sore hurt in the *** about not aquiring CP3 from the Hornets and Howard is staying with the Magic for another season.

Oh for sure, I'm damn sore in the *** for not getting Chris Paul, as a fan, but me being a sore Laker fan shouldn't take away from what David Stern really did, which was outwardly wrong.

The Clippers have Chris Paul, good for them, but if they don't maximize his talents with better experienced guys around him and an experienced intelligent head coach, he's leaving in 2013.

I'm not too concerned with Dwight staying in Orlando because I am very pleased with Andrew Bynum's emergence and his willingness to take the Lakers franchise in his hands in a responsible and passionate manner. He's grown and I see that sense or urgency in him of winning another NBA Championship. I couldn't be happier how things turned out at that Center position.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-15-2012, 11:35 PM
Longer than they wanted? What was it that they were exactly building towards anyways?

At least entertain the fans by winning some basketball games. You already have issues as an organization filling up the arena (heck, the OKC Hornets of 06-07 had a more successful outting, which is why the NBA decided to move Sonics/Thunder from Seattle to OKC). When you have that much trouble drawing fans, you don't mess around and put a **** product out there to lure away the fans even more.

It was a selfish move and now, it looks like a very dumb move from a basketball talent aspect as well as a business/drawingfans/product on the court aspect.

And trust me, K-Mart and Scola are no jokers where you can't build around those 2 guys once you have a legitimate nice PG to go and accomodate those guys' talents.

Entertain fans by getting guys who are underachieving this season then entertain them even more that they have 0 pieces going forward?

Clearly they want to be relevant. They surely aren't going to get that with Scola and Odom. Acquire them and he's basically saying he's not trying.

And if Martin and Scola are no jokers, why are the Rockets struggling to compete for the playoffs? And build what? 2 years of a 14th overall puck in the draft before completely sucking?

The Jokemaker
03-16-2012, 01:26 AM
My biggest surprise was Fisher getting traded, never thought he'd be sent packing like that. Also that Ellis - Bogut deal was pretty surprising.

BHF
03-16-2012, 01:30 AM
biggest surprise was hearing David Aldridge swearing on live tv

sep11ie
03-16-2012, 01:50 AM
I was pretty surprised Kevin Martin wasnt moved.

heyman321
03-16-2012, 01:52 AM
Surprised the Lakers somehow managed to give up nothing again and get something.