Losoway
03-15-2012, 04:18 PM
Post your thoughts about the teams you felt won/lost from this trade deadline

Winners
Lakers - they got younger and quicker within a matter of 2 hours
Bucks - Got 2 Valuable Players for 2 inactive players
Dallas - Obvious reasons

Losers
Magic - so basically you get dwight howard for 1 more year. the new cba kicks in next year ... you have to resign ryan anderson , so really dont have no room to attract any players. who is gonna commit to this team knowing dwight is unsure about even being with them . be prepared for this same **** to happen next year

Nets - For obvious reasons :facepalm::facepalm:

Nuggets - Javfail mcgee :burn::burn::burn:

Golden state warriors - I honestly still dont know why you give up monta eliis a guarantteed 21-30 points a game for bogut and jefferson :facepalm::facepalm:

netsgiantsyanks
03-15-2012, 04:19 PM
nets. they're the losers of the century.

*Silver&Black*
03-15-2012, 04:20 PM
Losers - Atlanta Hawks' fans. Big move is selling your 2nd round pick for cash. Sund is a joke.

JordansBulls
03-15-2012, 04:20 PM

Winners
Dallas - Obvious reasons

Losers
Magic - so basically you get dwight howard for 1 more year. the new cba kicks in next year ... you have to resign ryan anderson , so really dont have no room to attract any players. who is gonna commit to this team knowing dwight is unsure about even being with them . be prepared for this same **** to happen next year

Golden state warriors - I honestly still dont know why you give up monta eliis a guarantteed 21-30 points a game for bogut and jefferson :facepalm::facepalm:

Winners/Losers of teams that needed to make a move or teams that did make moves?

A would put Boston on the losers list. They needed to make some moves. They are 7th in the east with an old team.

Losoway
03-15-2012, 04:23 PM
Winners/Losers of teams that needed to make a move or teams that did make moves?

A would put Boston on the losers list. They needed to make some moves. They are 7th in the east with an old team.

Both just wanna hear you guys thoughts

Monta is beast
03-15-2012, 04:24 PM
I think the Warriors won. They got Bogut, Jefferson, and a 1st round pick for Ellis & Udoh. And there are already talks that if the Warriors keep their lottery pick this season, they will trade that pick and the Spurs pick to move into the top 3 in the draft, which would net us Barnes.

Curry
Thompson
Barnes
Lee
Bogut

PatsSoxKnicks
03-15-2012, 04:24 PM
How are the Magic losers? They're keeping Dwight for another year and a half. There is no way you're a loser when you keep a player of that caliber. If anything, they are big winners.

MagicHero3
03-15-2012, 04:26 PM
Magic are winners, and losers. we got dwight locked up for another year, but i feel like were still stuck with fat salaries that will prevent any big names from joining dwight in ORL

rasajr23
Did I miss something here??? How is Dallas a winner at the deadline??

Losoway
How are the magic gonna build around Howard ?? sure they have a short term fix but he basically gave you 1 year to fix the team if not he is gone

if you look at the team now base on the contract its gonna be the same team next year. they dont have assets or cap room

CB29
03-15-2012, 04:31 PM
the nuggets got younger with mcgee. if they can control him then they're def winners

*Superman*
03-15-2012, 04:32 PM
How are the magic gonna build around Howard ?? sure they have a short term fix but he basically gave you 1 year to fix the team if not he is gone

if you look at the team now base on the contract its gonna be the same team next year. they dont have assets or cap room

Looking forward to summer of 2013, these are the key FA along with Dwight. Magic will have some money to work with, keep Dwight and bring in one of those guys. I think we won, we got to keep Dwight, we would have been more so winners if we could have made a trade for Jamal Crawford or Beasley, but with Howard flip flopping, it made it hard to get anything done.

With Dwight, Nelson and Redick off the books, that is around 33 Million, if Dwight and one of those players decide to split it, thats around 16million each. But if we get someone like Monta, he isn't going to make anywhere near that amount, so it can easily happen.

Unrestricted

Chris Paul
Monta Ellis (ETO)
Kevin Martin
Andre Iguodala (ETO)
Josh Smith
Paul Millsap
Al Jefferson

Restricted

Stephen Curry
Tyreke Evans
James Harden
Blake Griffin

NothingbutWill
03-15-2012, 04:33 PM
wait, what did the Mavs do?

Jamiecballer
03-15-2012, 04:34 PM
biggest winner was GS. addition by subtraction in Ellis deal.

Tony_Starks
03-15-2012, 04:34 PM
Winners

Lakers- got younger, added depth, and saved money
Clippers- got a underrated sg to replace Chauncey for the stretch run
Milwaukee- got the scoring power they desperately needed

Losers

Minnesota- Could've had Fisher and Crawford to shore up their backcourt and unloaded B Easy at the same time and didn't do a damn thing

Detroit- Actually had some trade assets people wanted but chose to stand pat for yet another year and be just bad enough to miss the playoffs and not get a good pick

Denver- McGee. Enough said.

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-15-2012, 04:35 PM
The only losers of this trade deadline are the Nets and Warriors.

Nets will lose D-Will.

Warriors basically trade Monta and Udoh for an old RJ and injury prone Bogut.

Losoway
03-15-2012, 04:36 PM

they chances of getting deron williams just shot up a million :facepalm::facepalm:

DeRozan10
03-15-2012, 04:37 PM
BLAZERS biiig time winners

rasajr23
03-15-2012, 04:37 PM

Hey bro you created this thread so how did the Mavs get any better?? Are you talking about the Odom trade?? If your talking about D. Williams aint gonna happen....

Monta is beast
03-15-2012, 04:39 PM
How did the Warriors lose this deadline? If Bogut stays healthy, they won in a major way. And his two injuries wern't repetetive, and they were freak occurances.

Irish_Magic
03-15-2012, 04:40 PM

Well... we'll will have roughly 30 million in cap room at the end of this season to build around Howard, so there's your amswe...

NothingbutWill
03-15-2012, 04:40 PM
they chances of getting deron williams just shot up a million :facepalm::facepalm:

So they're winners because they have a better CHANCE of getting Deron?

okay.........:eyebrow:

xk4
03-15-2012, 04:41 PM

Realistically, nobody was going to want any of our huge contracts. The guys we do have a least play some some chemistry, so there wasn't a point of making moves just for the sake of it.

And Philly is only a game or two ahead for the conference. A 4th seed is very possible and Kaman has shown interest in being bought out....though it's a longshot.

I wouldn't call it winning, but I don't think Boston lost anything.

ironman9518
Why is everyone so convinced Deron is gonna leave the Nets?

*Superman*
Sounds stupid, but I would say the Mavericks did win by Dwight staying in Orlando. Lets see what Deron does now.

mavwar53
03-15-2012, 04:42 PM
Winners-

Warriors- Any time you can get a legit Center for a SG in a PG's body you likely win, and since Bogut is much better than your average center it is a clear win for the warriors, and then turning the unwanted stack jack into RJ and a first round pick is just gravy. Udoh was turning into a nice player but not a center, so behind Lee his value would be diminished, and also now the warriors focus on the future let Klay Thompson show how good he actually is and hopefully they start to lose since Bogut is done and Curry is likely out for the remainder of the year to get that ankle healthy, so with those 2 out losing is likely so the are hoping to keep their first round pick this year.

Blazers- Easy win, they are going to get at least a top 8 pick so then they should have a nice core to start a small rebuild with the pick, Batum and LA.

shep33
03-15-2012, 04:43 PM
I think it's fair to say that the Nets are the biggest losers, and it isn't even close. This is coming from an absolutely neutral fan. No hate here.

But your trading a potential 4-10 pick for Gerald Wallace?

Cano-Montero...
03-15-2012, 04:44 PM
Both LA teams and Bucks..

Losoway
03-15-2012, 04:45 PM
Why is everyone so convinced Deron is gonna leave the Nets?

honestly i just dont think the nets can make enough moves to keep deron happy

it sucks for the nets ..smh i had high hopes

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-15-2012, 04:46 PM

They're getting Deron Williams in the summer.

jrm2054
03-15-2012, 04:47 PM
Nets biggest losers hands down

chitown85
03-15-2012, 04:47 PM
Looking towards the future the Warriors (ironically) won. Looking only at the present the Magic won. Keeping Dwight for another year and a half wins now; in the future...different story.

olrales
03-15-2012, 04:48 PM
Am I the only one who really think Portland is the big winner of today's trade deadline?! Yea they blew up everything but they've got a 1st round pick only top 3 protected that should be around 7-8 spot this year in a loaded draft, they made themselves some cap relief and they welcomes some (crappy but still) youngsters to see what they got in the tank for the rest of the year... They'll be able to re-sign Batum this summer and draft high... I don't their rebuild will be long this time!

Oh and Warriors as well are winners and not losers in my opinion, in the long run. I like what they did to prepare themselves for the draft night.

Loser for me is the magic: they've missed a nice occasion to split with Dwight! Damn, are we going to have Howard threads all next year again?! If I was Magic boss, I would have send a message to this big diva by trading him, just so he understands you can't do whatever you wan't with us as*****!

Now I can't wait for the draft to happen!

Losoway
03-15-2012, 04:49 PM
I think it's fair to say that the Nets are the biggest losers, and it isn't even close. This is coming from an absolutely neutral fan. No hate here.

i wish someone could explain why they would even do that :facepalm::facepalm:

what is the logic behind that dumb *** trade

*Silver&Black*
03-15-2012, 04:49 PM
Guys, has anyone ever heard of this player Cash Considerations? What position does he play?

LAK3R 4 LIFE
03-15-2012, 04:50 PM
The Cavs are winners they got Luke Walton..

But really tho both LA teams how the Hell do the clips get Nick Young for nothing great pick up for them his an LA guy

chitown85
Nets the biggest losers hands down.

*Superman*

I thought it was a protected 1st round pick?

COOLbeans
People need to look at the Golden State trade a little closer. They're complete winners at this deadline. Thos who say otherwise otherwise don't understand the deal fully or don't understand professional basketball and taking calculated gambles.

king4day
03-15-2012, 04:51 PM
Sounds stupid, but I would say the Mavericks did win by Dwight staying in Orlando. Lets see what Deron does now.

While true, does playing in his home town with an aging team inspire his desire to to go to dallas? Especially knowing howard won't be there

WeaponXXX
03-15-2012, 04:51 PM
Nick Young to the Clippers.

chitown85
03-15-2012, 04:52 PM

Nope. Top 3 protected.

Hellcrooner
Lakers are losers.
Have lost teh leadership and paternal role of fisher who also was very needed for lockeroom peace purposes.
People udnerate that things a lot.

remember 08, even before pau trade, the fisher comeback had lakers playing MUCH better than in the 04-08 interim.

also his trade is a power struggle between jim buss who wants his pet Bynum to be "the man" and kobe, who also got spitted in the summer when selectin the new coach withotu asking him.

this is going to create turmoil in lakerdom sooner or later, probably as soon as we get spanked in playoffs.

rasajr23
Maybe I am wrong, but a winning team at the trade deadline, is a team that did it's best to not only win this year but in the years ahead. The Lakers by far were the winners of this years deadline. We shed some salary... We got rid of of two players that were riding the bench more than they were playing. We got rid of a veteran point guard that was being burned by most pg's in the league, and we gave up two 1st round draft picks that we most likely were not going to use. We then added a solid Pg, a solid back up C/Pf, and an up and coming SG. The reason the lakers won the trade deadline is because we didn't have to give up Bynum or Gasol and just built around the fort. We now have a good mix of youth and veterans on our team!!

Losoway
03-15-2012, 04:53 PM

only if they get selected for 1-3 in the draft lottery which probably wont happen

rasajr23
03-15-2012, 04:55 PM
They're getting Deron Williams in the summer.

Do you honestly believe he is going to Dallas?? The Nets will not allow him to leave... He has a better opportunity in Brooklyn.. Dallas is getting old.

wtbaseball
03-15-2012, 04:57 PM
The Rockets are winners.
Marcus Camby for Flynn, Thabeet and a 2nd

Fisher and a 1st for Hill

so basically we get a 1st and 2 veterans for a 2nd and 3 underachievers who would no longer or never have seen the court.

Sinestro
03-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Nets big time losers...Wallace?!!? Come on now...Deron is not a lock anymore which is a big risk in itself

valade16
03-15-2012, 04:59 PM
only if they get selected for 1-3 in the draft lottery which probably wont happen

Well, this will be a perfect opportunity to see if the NBA is really rigged. If Stern wants the Nets' Brooklyn debut to succeed he'll make sure that pick turns out to be one of the top 3.

Rockice_8
Obviously the Nets are losers because they lost Dwight but that pick is far from a lock to be in the 4-8 range. My guess is it's more in the 10-15 range and then the trade doesn't look so bad.

TheSportsHound
Winners:

Clippers - got a much needed scoring boost with Young. They can start Foye still and have Mo Williams and Young coming off the bench. Would be easily the best guards coming off the bench in the NBA.
Warriors - When Bogut comes back, he's a major upgrade over Biedrins and would fit the system well. Jefferson will help as well, plus a draft choice. Klay will get more time to develop on the court.
Rockets - Add Camby and Fisher (may be released), but veteran leadership nonetheless and a 1st round draft pick and gave up 3 players who don't play meaningful minutes and a 2nd round pick. Also won for not giving up their entire team for Pau.

Losers:

Nuggets - McGee may be young and jump high, but there is no way he's mentioned in the same sentence with Nene.
Lakers - Yes they finally got a PG, but Fisher wasn't just a PG....he was a leader and that's invaluable. Eyenga has potential and so does Hill, but I think Kobe will have some "BF's".
Trail Blazers - They obviously started house cleaning, including their coach.

The Nets and Bucks made positive steps as well.

*Superman*
03-15-2012, 05:02 PM
While true, does playing in his home town with an aging team inspire his desire to to go to dallas? Especially knowing howard won't be there

What other FA are there this summer besides Deron? I just can't see him going through another year with the Nets. Unless he tries to form his own super-team that doesn't include Dwight.

Nope. Top 3 protected.

Ouch. Well that changes things then.

Shaolin
03-15-2012, 05:04 PM
I think the Lakers and Portland did well shedding those contracts, but overall I think GS was the real winner - if Bogut can stay healthy.

Bogut and Lee is a huge 4-5 punch.

lkingratedr
am i the only one saying the nets were winners here they got rid of 2 players that combined dont even score with the frequency or intensity of gerald wallace he plays defense rebounds and scores ... the way i see it

williams
morrow/green who has been beasting lately
wallace
humpries
lopez

thats a pretty good team now the bench ... hmmmm

kdspurman
Shocked no one mentions SA today (well not really shocked)

Adding Stephen Jackson is a really big improvement over RJ. He's got that fire and edge we needed, and he's already familiar with the system.

And BTW, it's not a forgone conclusion Deron is going to Dallas next year. As of Now Dallas is not a Winner.

Mcdoh
lakers loser.. lost fisher kobe most trusted guy in clutch.. and his experience in the playoffs series.. too bad we didnt get crawford or beasley.. nick young to clippers wish lakers could have gotten him for that pick..

BradfordIsElite
03-15-2012, 05:05 PM
How are the Magic losers? They're keeping Dwight for another year and a half. There is no way you're a loser when you keep a player of that caliber. If anything, they are big winners.

They certainly aren't big winners. All they did was hold onto Howard for a little longer. They didn't go out and get someone else who can help Howard and the rest compete for a title. Now they have the same team with the opportunity to maybe keep him long enough where they can build up a team who can compete for a title.. only problem is, they aren't going to win this year and if things don't go very well for them in the offseason, next thing you know he's gone and they lost a chance on acquiring someone big for him now.

rasajr23
03-15-2012, 05:05 PM
Winners:

Clippers - got a much needed scoring boost with Young. They can start Foye still and have Mo Williams and Young coming off the bench. Would be easily the best guards coming off the bench in the NBA.
Warriors - When Bogut comes back, he's a major upgrade over Biedrins and would fit the system well. Jefferson will help as well, plus a draft choice. Klay will get more time to develop on the court.
Rockets - Add Camby and Fisher (may be released), but veteran leadership nonetheless and a 1st round draft pick and gave up 3 players who don't play meaningful minutes and a 2nd round pick. Also won for not giving up their entire team for Pau.

Losers:

Nuggets - McGee may be young and jump high, but there is no way he's mentioned in the same sentence with Nene.
Lakers - Yes they finally got a PG, but Fisher wasn't just a PG....he was a leader and that's invaluable. Eyenga has potential and so does Hill, but I think Kobe will have some "BF's".

Leadership skills are great but when you get burned by the majority of all PG's in the league the leadership skills get thrown out the window. Lakers are the winners of the deadline

Aust
03-15-2012, 05:07 PM
Nets lost big time

Blazers and Lakers and Warriors won

Losoway
03-15-2012, 05:08 PM
Andrew bogut is a great rebounder when healthy but he cant score for ****

i would not have gave up monta eliis for RJ and a guy that has been missing 15-20 games for the last couple of seasons

BradfordIsElite
03-15-2012, 05:09 PM
lakers loser.. lost fisher kobe most trusted guy in clutch.. and his experience in the playoffs series.. too bad we didnt get crawford or beasley.. nick young to clippers wish lakers could have gotten him for that pick..

:facepalm:

lkingratedr
03-15-2012, 05:09 PM
im sorry id rather have a sure thing in gerald wallace who is a constant than a kid now coming out of college how many times have we seen some1 come out of college and their abilities not translate to the nba

PacersForLife
03-15-2012, 05:11 PM
Can't believe the Pacers aren't even mentioned.... We got the scorer we were looking for for basically nothing. His contract comes off the books after the season as well.

shep33
03-15-2012, 05:14 PM
Winners: Warriors, Lakers, Blazers, Clips, Spurs
Losers: Nuggets (although don't they save a ton of money here)... either way they got Javele

Biggest Loser: Nets... Again, Wallace for a potential 4-10 pick in the best draft in years is absolutely atrocious. Yeah Wallace is a good player, but would you trade Gerald Wallace for Harrison Barnes? Also I haven't even brought up how they didn't get D12.

OrLMaGiK1
03-15-2012, 05:15 PM
TAKE THAT NETS! Come on people lets start the Dwill rumors now so NJ fans can feel what us Magic fans felt for the last year! Karma is a ***** soooo cocky!

Monta is beast
03-15-2012, 05:16 PM
lol

ambisme56
03-15-2012, 05:17 PM
am i the only one saying the nets were winners here they got rid of 2 players that combined dont even score with the frequency or intensity of gerald wallace he plays defense rebounds and scores ... the way i see it

williams
morrow/green who has been beasting lately
wallace
humpries
lopez

thats a pretty good team now the bench ... hmmmm

You forgot about Brooks. He's the starter and Morrow comes off the bench.

Losoway
03-15-2012, 05:17 PM
TAKE THAT NETS! Come on people lets start the Dwill rumors now so NJ fans can feel what us Magic fans felt for the last year! Karma is a ***** soooo cocky!

Relax yall basically rented him for 1 year . he basically told yall ..you have 1 year to get your **** together or im out ...:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

*Silver&Black*
03-15-2012, 05:18 PM
Nets is going to beast through the league next year guys, I wouldn't talk crap about them.

Aust
03-15-2012, 05:18 PM
With Ellis gone, Curry can take over and get more shots in as well. Hopefully he can get some chemistry with his newly acquired big man

afrazier9
03-15-2012, 05:24 PM
The hawks suck real bad they did nothing didn't even atempt to do anything ****

FriedTofuz
03-15-2012, 05:26 PM
what the actual ****? dallas? they didnt do anything. Fail OP

mavwar53
03-15-2012, 05:27 PM
I like the lakers getting sessions, I just worry about the spread of the floor for them now, 2 big men that clog the lane, they are good but they need to score inside for the most part, and now sessions who isn't much of a shooter. If he fits somehow then I think they could be winners but right now I wouldn't say either way.

Losoway
03-15-2012, 05:27 PM
i cant believe people are saying the lakers are losing because they traded derek fisher :dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2:

Eg714
03-15-2012, 05:28 PM
Nets are huge losers. First they don't get Dwight. Then they don't trade willams who is just going to leave them. And then they give up a high first rounder for Wallace, who is going to opt out of his deal at the end of the year. Smh:facepalm:

mavwar53
The hawks suck real bad they did nothing didn't even atempt to do anything ****

ya they did they chose cash over their second round pick. Warriors gave them cash isn't that what they really needed:D

Gram
Pistons winners for sure.

tbomlad
03-15-2012, 05:31 PM
The Magic are huge winners. There were teams willing to gut their team on a two month rental for Dwight so the Magic get him for another year and the fact that he opted in to stay just shows that his heart and where he REALLY wants to be is Orlando. No brainer, nice job Orlando for NOT panicking and trading him.

BKLYNpigeon
03-15-2012, 05:32 PM
you will know the winners and losers in a few months. anything can look good on paper.

the knicks are losers.

Lake_Show2416
03-15-2012, 05:36 PM
i cant believe people are saying the lakers are losing because they traded derek fisher :dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2:

ya its sucks to see him go but it resolves wat would have been a PG issue

Lakers saved money & gained substantial young assets for possible future moves while upgrading the current squad & solving the main issue for the team, PG

......easy win

GSWJunkie
03-15-2012, 05:41 PM
The Dubs are winners in this trade deadline just for the fact that they don't have to deal with the drama and *****ing that comes with Stack Jack's baggage, and they got a 1st round pick out of him. Sure, it's a late first round pick, but a late pick is better than no pick because they won't fall enough in the standings to retain their top 7 pick and Stern hates the Warriors anyway so even if they did miraculously tank bad enough to pull it off, they would still lose it.

daboywonder2002
03-15-2012, 05:47 PM
PORTLAND IS A HUGE WINNER

1. get rid of two huge salaries in camby and wallace.

2. got two top 10 draft picks. trust me, the nets wont finish in the top 3 for the lottery.

3. got rid of nate.

in 24 hours, portland now has plenty of money to spend(even more once felton expires and crawford opts out), they are in the lottery. and can start fresh with a new coach.

SanAntonioSpurs23
03-15-2012, 05:48 PM
Regardless of what people think, as a Spurs fan i am ecstatic about Captain Jack. RJ was beyond terrible for us since he arrived and was even worse in the PO. S-Jax has balls and isn't afraid to shoot, plus he knows the system. Not to mention Pop has always liked him and if anyone can keep Jax under control it's Pop.

Losing the first sucks, but at #27 you won't really miss it if you are the Spurs.

kenzo400
03-15-2012, 05:49 PM

They are still going to be a winning team and have plenty of time to get offers for Dwight and trade him. I would say they are the winners this year. Also they prevent the Nets from becoming good, which is a win in itself given that they are in the same conference.

Nuggets - Javfail mcgee --- They get rid of Nene's terrible contract and get a guy who actually plays in McGee. Considering he is an expiring they can decide not to sign him and save a whole lot of money. They made a terrible decision in signing Nene and now they have corrected it.

Jamiecballer
03-15-2012, 05:51 PM
Winners: GS

Losers: Bucks

kenzo400
03-15-2012, 05:52 PM

They have a much better shot at getting Deron now that Dwight will not be in NJ.

Losoway
03-15-2012, 05:52 PM
OH yea the spurs won big time with jackson

i feeel pop knows how to use his talents in ways golden state would not be able to do

Once agaain the magic did not win ..we are gonna see the same thing next game and the next

A bunch of forced 3 point shots and dwight scoring off second chance points

bye bye orlando 2013

JordansBulls
03-15-2012, 05:55 PM

Get Deron Williams next season.

GSWJunkie
03-15-2012, 05:56 PM
If only or FO could have somehow managed to get rid of Biedrins and DWright (who has expressed that he no longer wants to play here, fine, F you Wright!!, you were wwwaaaaayyyy too inconsistent anyway and put up a butt load of "goose eggs" this year on a team that needed your supposed scoring ability). If that had happened we would have been hands down the overall winners of this deadline and it wouldn't have even been close. Oh well, I guess 2 days isn't enough time to make miracles happen, but I'm happy with what our FO did accomplish in a very short amount of time.

Zefflin
03-15-2012, 05:57 PM
Lakers baby, I know the haters are scared. Nobody wants to face us.

kenzo400
03-15-2012, 05:58 PM
Holy **** i didn't even realize that the Nets traded their pick. Wow, that was stupid.

GSWJunkie
03-15-2012, 06:00 PM
I have a renewed confidence in our FO now and a feel better about our future then I did before we traded Monta, so I give my FO major props this year. Keep it up guys!!

Bishnoff
03-15-2012, 06:01 PM
How did the Warriors lose this deadline? If Bogut stays healthy, they won in a major way. And his two injuries wern't repetetive, and they were freak occurances.

Bogut is always injured. Get used to it. He's been injury prone since his early teens back in Australia.

ellisgw
03-15-2012, 06:02 PM
warriors trade was awful. they traded for injury prone center that has not played well in 3 years. They took on whole bunch money where they cant sign FA. Their best young prospect is injury prone and they have no one the can break down defense and socre 20 points a game.

kenzo400
03-15-2012, 06:05 PM
Winners:

Losers:

Portland is going to get the 4th or 5th pick in this draft for Gerald Wallace. They are the clear winners at the deadline.

Also Nene is crap and Nuggets should be happy to get rid of his terrible contract.

JOhnnyTHaJet
03-15-2012, 06:05 PM
I don't think you guys watch that much College ball. As much as last year hyped up this years draft, a lot of these kids aren't looking good as once thought. Besides Ant Davis not many players in this draft are sure things, and none are superstars out of the gate.

Harrison Barnes , Perry Jones, and Jeremy Lambs stock have all fallen, they are having very inconsistent years. Barnes is pretty good but if his shot is off he doesn't have much more of his game to rely on.

Please don't tell me Thomas Robinson is a stud either, besides the ego, he is a clone of Beasley without a 3 point shot, and he's a tweener which never translate well to the NBA. Once he verses the bigger players in the game he will get shut down.

The kid I like the most is Gilchrist, he's a local from NJ, has a great heart, is very smart, and is a good passer and defender but he has a long way to go in developing and that's if he even comes out.
This draft is filled with good players and one sure thing , let's not over hype it like its 03.

daboywonder2002
03-15-2012, 06:06 PM
Portland is going to get the 4th or 5th pick in this draft for Gerald Wallace. They are the clear winners at the deadline.

Also Nene is crap and Nuggets should be happy to get rid of his terrible contract.

exactly? how did portland lose? gain cap space, two top 10lottery picks and a new coach? whats not to like

ellisgw
03-15-2012, 06:09 PM
if the warriors had any common sense they would traded ellis for young prospects and top draft picks where they can rebuild but also have money to sign good free agents.

jmoney85
03-15-2012, 06:12 PM
how are the nets losers?...I much rather have gerald wallace than any other player outside of the top5 ( which we would have been out of anyways)

this draft is becoming overrated ... a lot of players will be staying

kenzo400
03-15-2012, 06:13 PM
exactly? how did portland lose? gain cap space, two top 10lottery picks and a new coach? whats not to like

Yeah exactly. They might be a little worse for the last 20 games of the season, so what? They weren't going to make the playoffs anyways. Now their draft pick is just going to look better.

Portland did a great job.

kenzo400
03-15-2012, 06:15 PM
how are the nets losers?...I much rather have gerald wallace than any other player outside of the top5 ( which we would have been out of anyways)

this draft is becoming overrated ... a lot of players will be staying

Yeah because Gerald Wallace was helping them win so much. What's the point of having an older guy like Wallace who can't properly score. He isn't a bad piece to an already good team, but for a team like Portland he doesn't really fit in.

mavwar53
03-15-2012, 06:16 PM
if the warriors had any common sense they would traded ellis for young prospects and top draft picks where they can rebuild but also have money to sign good free agents.

Well it's pretty obvious you are not bias, since your name includes the guy you didn't want the warriors to trade.

The warriors made a great trade, and hell even if bogut does keep getting injured at least they tried to get a real big man, cause a back court of 2 small guys like Ellis and Curry will never work, just like the back court of Ellis and Jennings is going to hurt the bucks as a contender.

Evolution23
03-15-2012, 06:17 PM
Lots of winners one major loser.

kenzo400
03-15-2012, 06:17 PM

What makes you think that any team was willing to give up their top picks for Ellis? If i was the GM of one of the worst teams this year i wouldn't make that deal. I don't see why anyone would.

Losoway
03-15-2012, 06:21 PM
Well it's pretty obvious you are not bias, since your name includes the guy you didn't want the warriors to trade.

The warriors made a great trade, and hell even if bogut does keep getting injured at least they tried to get a real big man, cause a back court of 2 small guys like Ellis and Curry will never work, just like the back court of Ellis and Jennings is going to hurt the bucks as a contender.

your bugging ....The golden state trading ellis has insured that they will be one of the teams at the bottom of the western conference for the next few years

bogut is a great rebounder but cant really score and has been injured for the last few seasons

Richard jefferson is playing terrible this year ...i have seen this guy miss numerous open shots this year :facepalm::facepalm:

you give up udoh and ellis for what ???? stephen cur another injury prone .this dude injures his ankle standing still ..:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Vincent
03-15-2012, 06:21 PM
Winners -

Wizards - Getting rid of two guys they didn't want to get a decent big in Nene.
Nuggets - Getting rid of a huge contract that they had remorse over for a young defensive minded Center.
Clippers - Low price for a potential scorer at the SG position.
Warriors - A few of my Warrior fan friends aren't particularly thrilled with getting an injury prone Australian, but I think Bogut is a good player and needs a chance of scenery. Hopefully he'll be able to put together a season of good help to win over the great fans there. I'm also not particularly a fan of Monta Ellis. Getting a pick for SJax was nice, but they also have to pay Jefferson an extra 10 million dollars for 3 years... ugh.
Bucks - traded away two guys that don't play for 2 guys that will in time for a playoff push. Does this make them closer to a championship? No. But I like Udoh, and I think Jennings will be persuaded to stay in MIL. But just in case he doesn't you have Ellis.

Neutral -

Pacers - I think George Hill and Paul George are way head of Barbosa on their depth chart.
Philly - Sam Young filled in nicely when Rudy Gay went down, but they're completely stacked at the SF slot.
Magic - Keeping Dwight for one year is a double edge sword. You get the most dominate Center in the league, but you also get the baggage that everyone is tired of for one more year.

Losers -
Nene - from Playoff team to.... the Wizards.
McGee - he's just a loser. and is gonna get a rude awakening playing for George Karl.
Gerald Wallace - traded into a bad situation, where the star player could up and leave after one year.
Monta Ellis - probably not going to get along playing with a restrictive coach like Scott Skiles and a trigger happy PG.
Portland - Don't know what direction this franchise is heading. Nate McMillian was a fine coach, and getting rid of Camby and Wallace seem like waving the white flag for this season. Not to mention that they couldn't get rid of the two players the WANTED to get rid of (Crawford and Felton).

ThunderousDemon
03-15-2012, 06:26 PM
Lakers are losers.
Have lost teh leadership and paternal role of fisher who also was very needed for lockeroom peace purposes.
People udnerate that things a lot.

remember 08, even before pau trade, the fisher comeback had lakers playing MUCH better than in the 04-08 interim.

also his trade is a power struggle between jim buss who wants his pet Bynum to be "the man" and kobe, who also got spitted in the summer when selectin the new coach withotu asking him.

this is going to create turmoil in lakerdom sooner or later, probably as soon as we get spanked in playoffs.

Way to be a Debby downer again even though your precious Spaniard wasn't traded.

ellisgw
03-15-2012, 06:27 PM

even if bogut pans out were are 6,7 or 8 seed at best with no money or draft picks to rebuild. Warriors will still be average with no future.

ThunderousDemon
03-15-2012, 06:28 PM
I think the Lakers won, but we'll see in the coming days.

ellisgw
03-15-2012, 06:30 PM
[QUOTE=kenzo400;21367702]What makes you think that any team was willing to give up their top picks for Ellis? If i was the GM of one of the worst teams this year i wouldn't make that deal. I don't see why anyone would.[/QUOTE

gerald wallace got a top pick lol

knicksfan42
03-15-2012, 06:30 PM

Winners
Dallas - Obvious reasons

Losers

Don't forget the Knicks, we still have the cancer that is Amare Stou_mire.

beasted86
03-15-2012, 06:32 PM
Clippers won the best trade.

A second round pick for Nick Young, all while shedding salary is a no brainer.

GSWJunkie
03-15-2012, 06:33 PM
warriors trade was awful. they traded for injury prone center that has not played well in 3 years. They took on whole bunch money where they cant sign FA. Their best young prospect is injury prone and they have no one the can break down defense and socre 20 points a game.

Nate did exactly this to the Celtics last night and also against a bigger, stronger Sacramento team as well. So, in fact, the Warriors do have someone that can break down defenses and score 20 pts. He had 20 pts and 11 assists against the Celtics and he drove the lane more in last night's game then Monta ever did against "gang green" in his 7 years here. Monta is soft and always shied away from attacking the rim against bigger, stronger teams, he always settled for outside shots that he rarely made. Believe me when I say this, I have watched Monta his entire career, every game he played in every season he played for us, so when I tell you that he is not as aggressive as everyone perceives him to be, I am correct.

Now Nate may just be riding an emotional high and you could end up correct down the road, but in that case we also have Thompson who has become a lot more aggressive since being put into the starting lineup and although I still don't believe that he is the pure shooter that everyone says he is, I know for damn sure that he is a very streaky shooter and when he gets hot, it can be a sight to behold.

That's ok because free agents currently don't want to come and play here anyway, so there is no loss for us in this department. Plus, we also acquired a late 1st round pick and have two second round picks so they can rebuild through the draft, especially if they trade those picks with some other things to try and move into the lottery (I'm assuming we will lose our protected pick with these comments of course, which is the most likely scenario). I have said it for years that because no one wants to play here, we have to try and rebuild through the draft and this year we have an opportunity to do exactly that.

Monta is beast
03-15-2012, 06:34 PM
even if bogut pans out were are 6,7 or 8 seed at best with no money or draft picks to rebuild. Warriors will still be average with no future.

Do you realize what the point of this trade was? The offense will run through Lee & Bogut now, who are both great passing big men. So you have two great passing big men, with Curry & Thompson, two of the best shooters in the game. If the rumors are true about moving up in the draft, possibly top 3, we would probably take Barnes.

Curry
Thompson
Barnes
Lee
Bogut

That is a championship calibar team in a few seasons.

Monta is beast
03-15-2012, 06:35 PM
Nate did exactly this to the Celtics last night and also against a bigger, stronger Sacramento team as well. So, in fact, the Warriors do have someone that can break down defenses and score 20 pts. He had 20 pts and 11 assists against the Celtics and he drove the lane more in last night's game then Monta ever did against "gang green" in his 7 years here. Monta is soft and always shied away from attacking the rim against bigger, stronger teams, he always settled for outside shots that he rarely made. Believe me when I say this, I have watched Monta his entire career, every game he played in every season he played for us, so when I tell you that he is not as aggressive as everyone perceives him to be, I am correct.

Now Nate may just be riding an emotional high and you could end up right down the road, but in that case we also have Thompson who has become a lot more aggressive since being put into the starting lineup and although I still don't believe that he is the pure shooter that everyone says he is, I know for damn sure that he is a very streaky shooter and when he gets hot, it can be a sight to behold.

That's ok because free agents currently don't want to come and play here anyway, so there is no loss for us in this department. Plus, we also acquired a late 1st round pick and have two second round picks so they can rebuild through the draft, especially if they trade those picks with some other things to try and move into the lottery (I'm assuming we will lose our protected pick with these comments of course, which is more logical). I have said it for years that because no one wants to play here, we have to try and rebuild through the draft, this year we have an opportunity to do that.

We actually have three 2nd round picks. We have ours, Atlanta's, and New Jerseys.

ellisgw
03-15-2012, 06:39 PM
Do you realize what the point of this trade was? The offense will run through Lee & Bogut now, who are both great passing big men. So you have two great passing big men, with Curry & Thompson, two of the best shooters in the game. If the rumors are true about moving up in the draft, possibly top 3, we would probably take Barnes.

Curry
Thompson
Barnes
Lee
Bogut

That is a championship calibar team in a few seasons.

we have no one the consistenly score over 20 points a game and create shots for others with the dribble. How in hell are we getting top pick 3 lol. O

ellisgw
03-15-2012, 06:43 PM

Now Nate may just be riding an emotional high and you could end up correct down the road, but in that case we also have Thompson who has become a lot more aggressive since being put into the starting lineup and although I still don't believe that he is the pure shooter that everyone says he is, I know for damn sure that he is a very streaky shooter and when he gets hot, it can be a sight to behold.

That's ok because free agents currently don't want to come and play here anyway, so there is no loss for us in this department. Plus, we also acquired a late 1st round pick and have two second round picks so they can rebuild through the draft, especially if they trade those picks with some other things to try and move into the lottery (I'm assuming we will lose our protected pick with these comments of course, which is more likely to happen). I have said it for years that because no one wants to play here, we have to try and rebuild through the draft, this year we have an opportunity to do exactly that.

did you really just say nate robinson can consistently break down a defense and average 20 points a game lol. When you draft well and find good players other player will come. The warriors have not done that. If warriors drated greg monroe we would actually have a young good center for cheap.

GSWJunkie
03-15-2012, 06:46 PM
Of course, our history with the draft is laughable, I just hope that Lacob brought in some better scouts with the staff he hired because we have been misfiring on draft picks for years. I really hope our history doesn't come back to bite us in the *** with this years draft.

monty77
03-15-2012, 06:49 PM
Loser: bulls, no trade no championship
winner: lakers, improving the PG position

jmoney85
03-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Yeah because Gerald Wallace was helping them win so much. What's the point of having an older guy like Wallace who can't properly score. He isn't a bad piece to an already good team, but for a team like Portland he doesn't really fit in.

you're blaming wallace for portland being horrible?

kdspurman
03-15-2012, 06:51 PM
Get Deron Williams next season.

Is this confirmed?? lol People just assume he's going to Dallas. It's pretty funny

raidersrockets
03-15-2012, 07:06 PM
rockets also win only 30 million on the books for next season thats best in the league by almost 5 million dollars

GSWJunkie
03-15-2012, 07:06 PM
did you really just say nate robinson can consistently break down a defense and average 20 points a game lol. When you draft well and find good players other player will come. The warriors have not done that. If warriors drated greg monroe we would actually have a young good center for cheap.

He did it against Sacramento who traditionally has given Monta troubles because of his lack of tenacity when he plays against them, he did it again last night against one of the best defenses in the league, I see no reason why he won't continue this trend in tomorrows game. Am I as shocked as you that I am saying this? No, I'm actually more shocked because I know how ridiculous it sounds, but I am loving the teams overall aggressiveness since the trade. Just ask Mibs, he's seen me ***** about it constantly in the Warriors forums.

I also said that it could just be an emotional high, which usually happens to every team after a big trade is completed and things could change and I could eat my words. But, I do know, however, that by season's end and early into summer and next season I will have a great idea of the direction of my team and if we chose the right path or not. I'm excited. I do miss Monta, he was very exciting and made crazy shots that filled up highlight reels, but it was time for him to move on.

kenzo400
03-15-2012, 07:07 PM
you're blaming wallace for portland being horrible?

:facepalm: You clearly have a reading comprehension problem. I wasn't blaming Wallace for their struggles. I was saying that he doesn't really help them. One of their biggest problems is inconsistency on the offensive end. Wallace is a good defender but not a great offensive player.

Like i said he would be a nice piece to add to an already established good team, but he just doesn't fit in well with Portland. Now they get a top 5 pick for him. It's a great trade.

mavwar53
03-15-2012, 07:10 PM

haha, so you admit that they will be better with a healthy bogut for 60-70 games rather than Ellis who's taken this team where?????????????? Oh yeah, with him as the star they have never made the playoffs, so being 6,7 or 8 they have gotten worse right?

Dude you are an Ellis fan thats plain and simple, not a real warriors fan.

lakersfan01
03-15-2012, 07:13 PM
Probably Lakers are the biggest winner since they save money at the same time they improved. Good riddance Fisher and Walton. I am ecstatic about that!!!

Biggest loser is no doubt the Golden State Warriors. WTF lol.

mavwar53
03-15-2012, 07:14 PM
I'd make a sig bet right now with ellisgw that Klay Thompson will average more pts than Monta has this season with the warriors. First 2 games without Monta, Klay is averaging 20pts, 14 the first game 26 yesterday. I am an ellis fan but he is not going to make your team a winner, I'm shocked that any real warriors fan would be mad at this trade since the warriors haven't had a real center since Joe Barry Carroll.

lakersfan01
03-15-2012, 07:14 PM
Or the Trailblazers for biggest loser. And fire Nate, WTF? He's one of the best coaches in the NBA.

CubZwin38
03-15-2012, 07:15 PM
How come only one guy in 9 pages has talked about the overhyped 2012 draft class? Y'all trying to decide who won and lost at this deadline based on drafts picks are dumb. As well as everyboyd assuming Deron is going to Dallas and calling Dallas a winner. Did you guys also predict D12 to stay with Orlando through 2013? Y'all are blowing your wad prematurely.

ellisgw
03-15-2012, 07:26 PM
I'd make a sig bet right now with ellisgw that Klay Thompson will average more pts than Monta has this season with the warriors. First 2 games without Monta, Klay is averaging 20pts, 14 the first game 26 yesterday. I am an ellis fan but he is not going to make your team a winner, I'm shocked that any real warriors fan would be mad at this trade since the warriors haven't had a real center since Joe Barry Carroll.

Im not mad ellis was traded, im made what we got for him. We should have rebuilded like portland. Portland was smart and we were stupid. We wasted our biggest assest for injurt prone big man to take s to 7 or 8 seed at best.

latinofire21
03-15-2012, 07:28 PM
Winners -

Spurs - They traded away a very inconsistent Richard Jefferson and got a disgruntled Stephen Jackson. If he can give them anything its a definite upgrade over Jefferson.

Lakers - Sessions, and some young talent and got rid of crap in the process.

Clippers - Minor move but a very nice one in adding an explosive 2 guard.

Golden State - Got rid of a blackhole and got back a big they coveted. They still have a lot of scoring so although GS fans will have a hard on for Mr. Blackhole he can be replaced with a team oriented offense.

Losers of the Deadline

Nets = Missing out on Dwight after putting their eggs all in that basket.

Nets - Back Up plan is trading away Shawne Williams, Mehmet Okur, and a 1st round pick for disgruntled Gerald Wallace who has 1 year left on his deal. lol Do they think 1st round picks grow on trees?

Nets - They didnt move Deron when all logic says hes not staying here so you mortgaged your franchises future to acquire him and went all in on Dwight and failed. Now you know hes not coming back and you think your going to be able to convince him to stay. This front office is terrible.

I dont see any other losers in free agency other then the 3 moves listed above.

ellisgw
03-15-2012, 07:28 PM
haha, so you admit that they will be better with a healthy bogut for 60-70 games rather than Ellis who's taken this team where?????????????? Oh yeah, with him as the star they have never made the playoffs, so being 6,7 or 8 they have gotten worse right?

Dude you are an Ellis fan thats plain and simple, not a real warriors fan.

i hope you know 7 and 8 seeds are the worse positions to be in the nba. Thats if we get healthy bogut that plays well.

mavwar53
03-15-2012, 07:31 PM
Biggest asset according to who, you, are you a GM of an NBA team? Ellis is a 6'3" shooting guard, he is pretty bad on defense and on offense he can be very good, he can win games for you or he can shoot you out of games, and for someone that scores so much he doesn't go to the FT line.

I look at it like this, Klay Thompson will be a very good scorer, because of his size alone he will be a better defender and I've also seen him play some good defense. Bogut healthy for 60-70 games is a million times better than Biedrins and there is nothing there to dispute. Hell Bogut injured is better than Biedrins on the court.

I'll take Klay Thompson and Bogut 100 out of 100 times over Ellis and Biedrins.

mavwar53
03-15-2012, 07:34 PM
i hope you know 7 and 8 seeds are the worse positions to be in the nba. Thats if we get healthy bogut that plays well.

I hope you know not making the playoffs give you no chance. And that was your saying, I think the warriors with a healthy Bogut could be just like the Grizzlies, 2 really good bigs, 2 talented scorers (Curry and Thompson) and then at the SF you have Jefferson and Wright, I also believe McGuire will be back next year and maybe take that starting spot and be our Tony Allen.

I think the warriors could finish anywhere from 3-8 next year.

ellisgw
03-15-2012, 07:51 PM
I hope you know not making the playoffs give you no chance. And that was your saying, I think the warriors with a healthy Bogut could be just like the Grizzlies, 2 really good bigs, 2 talented scorers (Curry and Thompson) and then at the SF you have Jefferson and Wright, I also believe McGuire will be back next year and maybe take that starting spot and be our Tony Allen.

I think the warriors could finish anywhere from 3-8 next year.

you dont make a big trades to be a 6,7 8 seed at best. You make these trades when you know you going to contending for top seed in west and a possible ring. Warriors only chance to win is to rebuilld with top draft picks, young prospects and money to sign players. Warriors right now have no top draft picks, no money and an injury prone center that at best gets them a 7 or 8 seed.

Young2Kinsler
03-15-2012, 07:53 PM
Is Dallas a winner? I dunno, probably somewhere in the middle. I still got a bad feeling about this offseason, but regardless if we get Williams or not, we did the right thing in cutting all the salary fat from this team.

Wish we could have found a taker for Marion

mavwar53
03-15-2012, 08:00 PM
you dont make a big trades to be a 6,7 8 seed at best. You make these trades when you know you going to contending for top seed in west and a possible ring. Warriors only chance to win is to rebuilld with top draft picks, young prospects and money to sign players. Warriors right now have no top draft picks, no money and an injury prone center that at best gets them a 7 or 8 seed.

Sorry but you are wrong, and there is no reasoning with you.

My comparison to the Grizz

Bogut=Gasol
Lee=Randolph (Randolph may be slightly better)
Klay<Gay
McGuire=Allen
Curry>Conley

The bench is in favor of the w's

Rush/Biedirns/Wright/Jefferson
vs
Mayo, Speights, and a bunch of unknowns or injured (Darrell Arthur)

Give me that warriors team with a late 1st round pick and maybe their own first rounder and you have a hell of a team.

Sorry you are stuck in small ball land but championships are won with size, the warriors will make the playoffs nest year, with Monta Ellis leading the team warriors fans had nothing to look foward to except next years draft.

mavwar53
03-15-2012, 08:01 PM

Also glad to see that you know the future, and the warriors can be the 6,7 or 8th seed but no possible way they could be 5, cause the 6th is so far from the 5 right?

Lake_Show2416
03-15-2012, 08:04 PM
Sorry but you are wrong, and there is no reasoning with you.

My comparison to the Grizz

Bogut=Gasol
Lee=Randolph (Randolph may be slightly better)
Klay<Gay
McGuire=Allen
Curry>Conley

The bench is in favor of the w's

Rush/Biedirns/Wright/Jefferson
vs
Mayo, Speights, and a bunch of unknowns or injured (Darrell Arthur)

Give me that warriors team with a late 1st round pick and maybe their own first rounder and you have a hell of a team.

Sorry you are stuck in small ball land but championships are won with size, the warriors will make the playoffs nest year, with Monta Ellis leading the team warriors fans had nothing to look foward to except next years draft.

slightly? :laugh2:

Bravo95
03-15-2012, 08:05 PM
Winners -

Wizards - Getting rid of two guys they didn't want to get a decent big in Nene.
Nuggets - Getting rid of a huge contract that they had remorse over for a young defensive minded Center.
Clippers - Low price for a potential scorer at the SG position.
Warriors - A few of my Warrior fan friends aren't particularly thrilled with getting an injury prone Australian, but I think Bogut is a good player and needs a chance of scenery. Hopefully he'll be able to put together a season of good help to win over the great fans there. I'm also not particularly a fan of Monta Ellis. Getting a pick for SJax was nice, but they also have to pay Jefferson an extra 10 million dollars for 3 years... ugh.
Bucks - traded away two guys that don't play for 2 guys that will in time for a playoff push. Does this make them closer to a championship? No. But I like Udoh, and I think Jennings will be persuaded to stay in MIL. But just in case he doesn't you have Ellis.

Neutral -

Pacers - I think George Hill and Paul George are way head of Barbosa on their depth chart.
Philly - Sam Young filled in nicely when Rudy Gay went down, but they're completely stacked at the SF slot.
Magic - Keeping Dwight for one year is a double edge sword. You get the most dominate Center in the league, but you also get the baggage that everyone is tired of for one more year.

Losers -
Nene - from Playoff team to.... the Wizards.
McGee - he's just a loser. and is gonna get a rude awakening playing for George Karl.
Gerald Wallace - traded into a bad situation, where the star player could up and leave after one year.
Monta Ellis - probably not going to get along playing with a restrictive coach like Scott Skiles and a trigger happy PG.
Portland - Don't know what direction this franchise is heading. Nate McMillian was a fine coach, and getting rid of Camby and Wallace seem like waving the white flag for this season. Not to mention that they couldn't get rid of the two players the WANTED to get rid of (Crawford and Felton).
Mostly agree.

Karl might be able to straighten out McGee like he did Harrington, and Portland needed to clean house.

Neutral on how Ellis will fit with Skiles and Young with LAC. I doubt Nene will be worth that contract for the Wiz.

Lakeshow86
03-15-2012, 08:06 PM
I agree. My lakers did get better, quicker and younger. Sorry to see Fish go but it had to happen. Sessions, Hill, Eyenga for fisher, Walton, Kapono and 2 late 1st round picks win win for Lakers. Biggest loser was probably Boston. They needed to do something.

shep33
03-15-2012, 08:07 PM
As a Laker fan, the moves we made today do not put us over the top. Don't get me wrong, we're likely a better team, but still lack a bench scorer.

The good news is that we got out of two bad contracts.

mavwar53
03-15-2012, 08:09 PM
slightly? :laugh2:

Tell me what randolph does so much better, he rebounds better but that is it.

David Lee shoots a better percentage than Randolph consistently.

So really tell me the biggest difference that makes Randolph so much better.

Lee averaging 19 and 9.7 basically 19 and 10

Randolph over the last few years averages 20 and 11

Really?

Oh yeah and David Lee is also a much better passer than Randolph.

ellisgw
03-15-2012, 08:12 PM
Also glad to see that you know the future, and the warriors can be the 6,7 or 8th seed but no possible way they could be 5, cause the 6th is so far from the 5 right?

there is no possible way we are going to be a top team. we will be first round exit playoff team at best which worse then having a future with options. We need cap space, draft picks and more young prospects. Now we are stuck with no money, no guranteed top picks and an injurry prone center and that might gets us to a 7 8 seed at best.

mavwar53
03-15-2012, 08:18 PM
there is no possible way we are going to be a top team. we will be first round exit playoff team at best which worse then having a future with options. We need cap space, draft picks and more young prospects. Now we are stuck with no money, no guranteed top picks and an injurry prone center and that might gets us to a 7 8 seed at best.

You do realize that we were able to sign no one in the off-season cause no one wants to come here until the warriors prove that the culture has changed and it has become a winning one? I think its obvious they think they can win and I'm all for it. Once we win for 2 years Biedrins contract and Jefferson's contract comes off the books, freeing 19 mil, once that is free that is when you can sign an impact FA, not Kwame Brown at 7 mil even though that was a good signing this year cause if he wasn't a 1 year deal, then the warriors don't get Bogut.

But like I said there is no convincing you so I'll stop responding to your comments that are on the border of moronic.

Monta is beast
03-15-2012, 08:19 PM
Ellisgw, you couldn't be more wrong.

mavwar53
03-15-2012, 08:27 PM

How, isn't missing the playoffs better than being the 6th, 7th or 8th seed;):rolleyes:

raiderfaninTX
03-15-2012, 08:28 PM
Jesus everyone still ignores San Antonio its okay I feel bad for who ever has to face them in the playoffs

VeejNasty
03-15-2012, 08:29 PM

Really?

David Lee > Randolph. As a passer and a better guy to have in the locker room.

robbnen#31
03-15-2012, 08:29 PM

The dude is hating on Bogut when he's probably only seen his injury clips. Talk about a baseless smear campaign.

RadiantShot
03-15-2012, 08:34 PM

My thoughts exactly.

LakersLockdwn
03-15-2012, 08:34 PM
Nick Young to the Clippers for Cook seems like a steal.

Lake_Show2416
03-15-2012, 08:36 PM

Really?

idc wut stats they're averaging, thats not how u evaluate a player, have u seen both of them play, maybe u missed Randolph put the Grizz on his back as an 8th seed, he's a killer, Lee is good but not on his tier level

Z.Bo is top 3 PF in the league & simply just cuz he's been injured doesn't change that

Lake_Show2416
03-15-2012, 08:39 PM
Nick Young to the Clippers for Cook seems like a steal.

ya if the asking price was only a 2nd i would have been all over it, good replacement for the SG position

shep33
03-15-2012, 08:40 PM
Yeah Nick Young to the Clips was unreal. Guy is a chucker but he's averaging 17 ppg and is a solid 3 point shooter.

Tony_Starks
03-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Let me get this straight, Dallas and New Jersey and winners and losers because of what Williams might do this summer?

Ok I guess you can hypothetically look at it that way. I mean Lebron went to New York and Wade went to Chicago just like all the "experts" predicted all season right?

Oh wait........

Anyway back to what actually did happen in real life people are seriously sleeping on Captain Jack back with the Spurs. He's with the one team and Coach that can maximize his value. I would not want to see them in the playoffs....

ellisgw
03-15-2012, 08:44 PM
You do realize that we were able to sign no one in the off-season cause no one wants to come here until the warriors prove that the culture has changed and it has become a winning one? I think its obvious they think they can win and I'm all for it. Once we win for 2 years Biedrins contract and Jefferson's contract comes off the books, freeing 19 mil, once that is free that is when you can sign an impact FA, not Kwame Brown at 7 mil even though that was a good signing this year cause if he wasn't a 1 year deal, then the warriors don't get Bogut.

But like I said there is no convincing you so I'll stop responding to your comments that are on the border of moronic.

your basing you opinions on hope. We have an injury prone center, no money and no future options right now. You are hoping bogut somehow stays helathy which that has never happened for more than a year, klay thompson turns into reggie miller and we get utah picks and that pick turns into an all star.
Warriors right now
1. injury prone center
2. no cap space
3. no top draft picks
4 no player that can average over 20 points and create of the dribble
5. only 1 good perimeter defensive player that plays minutes
6. their best young prosect is injury prone.

you hoping

1. bogut stays healthy and evidence says no and turns into his 2009 season
2. klay thompson turns in and elite player
3.we get back pick from utah
4. curry angle gets better
5. nate robinson turns into a player that average 20 a game and creates off the dribble.

mavwar53
03-15-2012, 08:47 PM
idc wut stats they're averaging, thats not how u evaluate a player, have u seen both of them play, maybe u missed Randolph put the Grizz on his back as an 8th seed, he's a killer, Lee is good but not on his tier level

Z.Bo is top 3 PF in the league & simply just cuz he's been injured doesn't change that

top 3 PF haha, I'll take Dirk, LA, Love, and possibly Blake, and Josh Smith before I take Randolph.

kdspurman
03-15-2012, 08:54 PM
Let me get this straight, Dallas and New Jersey and winners and losers because of what Williams might do this summer?

Ok I guess you can hypothetically look at it that way. I mean Lebron went to New York and Wade went to Chicago just like all the "experts" predicted all season right?

Oh wait........

Anyway back to what actually did happen in real life people are seriously sleeping on Captain Jack back with the Spurs. He's with the one team and Coach that can maximize his value. I would not want to see them in the playoffs....

:clap: I'm not even talking about the part about Jackson I don't expect most folks to notice/realize how much that helps them. (also financially)

But for your comments on people calling Dallas winners and the Nets losers like they KNOW what's going to happen. It's crazy, folks have Deron in Dallas already like he came out and said this. (not that that'd matter anyway) If anything, you'd think they'd learn from the whole Dwight fiasco. Expect the unexpected.

kdspurman
03-15-2012, 08:57 PM
If Deron is about the $ (which he may be) he's already getting his endorsements in Brooklyn.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/nets/2012/03/deron-williams-already-reaping-the-marketing-benefits-of-brooklyn

Tony_Starks
03-15-2012, 09:06 PM
:clap: I'm not even talking about the part about Jackson I don't expect most folks to notice/realize how much that helps them. (also financially)

But for your comments on people calling Dallas winners and the Nets losers like they KNOW what's going to happen. It's crazy, folks have Deron in Dallas already like he came out and said this. (not that that'd matter anyway) If anything, you'd think they'd learn from the whole Dwight fiasco. Expect the unexpected.

Exactly man it's irritating when people are talking about pure speculation as if its a fact and actually making plans around it. Why not just deal with the present?

Raph12
03-15-2012, 09:18 PM
GS:
PG - Curry
SG - Klay/Rush
SF - RJ
PF - Lee
C - Bogut
When healthy, that lineup is definitely better than it was; but the key words are "when healthy".

Nuggets:
PG - Lawson
SG - Afflalo
SF - Gallo/Chandler
PF - Harrington
C - McGee
That's a better team than before with Chandler back, which is why they made the trade (to clear enough cap).

Nets:
PG - DWill
SG - Brooks/Morrow
SF - GForce
PF - Humphries
C - Lopez
If that pick is Top 3 (it's protected for the top 3 seeds), then the Nets definitely got the better end of the deal. Of course, they're still losers because they don't have Dwight, but they can try to trade for him again next season, providing DWill stays.

Magic - Despite the roster not changing, they're still winners because they can deal Dwight on draft day or prior to the season as they'll have many more suitors who'll offer better deals for a full year with Superman. Saying they are losers after the deadline is stupid, because they probably would've got like $0.25 on the dollar for him if they traded him, but may get as high as $0.75 on the dollar if they do a deal on draft day or prior to next season.

I think if the chemistry is right and things fall into place, each team (besides the Nets) got a decent deal at the end of the day and there were no losers (besides the Nets).

magichatnumber9
03-15-2012, 09:22 PM
Did Boston and Danny Ainge fail by not flipping the big 3 for young talent and picks when they could? Last few years maybe.

Tony_Starks
03-15-2012, 09:28 PM
Did Boston and Danny Ainge fail by not flipping the big 3 for young talent and picks when they could? Last few years maybe.

Hell yeah, I forgot to mention that. It was a epic fail because they have no bigs and are built to maybe, maybe win one round. At best. I don't think they should've blew it up but one of the big 3 should've defenitely went.

The longer they wait the more their trade value decreases.

Losoway
03-15-2012, 10:58 PM
Jesus everyone still ignores San Antonio its okay I feel bad for who ever has to face them in the playoffs

my thoughts exactly ...Only teams i see that can beat them are the clippers (if they learn how to finish a team off ) Memphis and OKC

the lakers got good but i dont see them getting pass spurs

Champology
03-16-2012, 06:10 AM
Winners--Bulls,Heat,Thunder....because they are Still the Only contenders...wow what a boring non eventful trade deadline NO DIFFERENCE MAKING TRADES.

Trueblue2
03-16-2012, 06:40 AM
I think we can all agree that the biggest loser this trade deadline was Nene. 5 years with the wizards, how much does that suck?

He115ing
03-16-2012, 09:45 AM
I think that the situation with Dwight is even worse than Melodrama...

GrkGawdofWalkz
03-16-2012, 12:12 PM
Honestly the Spurs got rid of Jefferson's contract for more flexibility and a guy who can defend in SJax. Not the greatest reputation but the guy has been great in a Spurs jersey before.

a_dub06
03-16-2012, 12:34 PM
Winners

Lakers- got younger, added depth, and saved money
Clippers- got a underrated sg to replace Chauncey for the stretch run
Milwaukee- got the scoring power they desperately needed

Losers

Minnesota- Could've had Fisher and Crawford to shore up their backcourt and unloaded B Easy at the same time and didn't do a damn thing

Detroit- Actually had some trade assets people wanted but chose to stand pat for yet another year and be just bad enough to miss the playoffs and not get a good pick

Denver- McGee. Enough said.

Are you high?

If I'm wrong with this please everyone feel free to correct me or call me a homer but as an avid Pistons fan I have not heard of any trade the pistons were rumored in that actually had some substance behind it. There was "rumors" of teams contacting the Pistons regarding Daye (http://detroit.sbnation.com/detroit-pistons/2012/3/14/2871711/nba-trade-rumors-detroit-pisons-austin-daye) however I tend to believe that they were fabrications of the media or just the typical he said she said crap as no teams or potential players involved in a trade were named.

Even on the off chance that the rumor was true, given Daye's limited production do you really believe that if Detroit pulled whatever the trade was it would have involved more than a late 2nd round pick or other scrub?

Our roster is pretty shocking and only Monroe and Knight have decent value of which I'd dare say Monroe is untouchable, and Knight is a project.

NYtilIdie
03-16-2012, 12:50 PM
The only people who consider the Magic & Dwight "losers" are Net fans who realized Dwight won't be in a Brooklyn uniform next season.

mamba24
03-16-2012, 12:55 PM
Is this confirmed?? lol People just assume he's going to Dallas. It's pretty funny

It's confirmed the same way dwight howard to the nets was confirmed...

Patman
03-16-2012, 01:21 PM
Regardless of what people think, as a Spurs fan i am ecstatic about Captain Jack. RJ was beyond terrible for us since he arrived and was even worse in the PO. S-Jax has balls and isn't afraid to shoot, plus he knows the system. Not to mention Pop has always liked him and if anyone can keep Jax under control it's Pop.

Losing the first sucks, but at #27 you won't really miss it if you are the Spurs.

I don't know, I'm not sold on S-Jax. I don't buy the he knows the system talk, it was nearly ten years ago he played for the Spurs. The Spurs offense was vastly different in the early 00's. If someone can get his head straight it's Pop and Duncan but this is not a sure thin in my opinion. RJ slumped of late and never really fit in but he is a way better 3 PT shooter then SJ. S-Jax is extremely inefficient on offense and i don't think Pop will be able to change that.

I see the financial benefit and it could work out on the floor, but i don't think that it's a clear win for the spurs.

Sadds The Gr8
03-16-2012, 01:44 PM
none. this deadline sucked ****

kdspurman
03-16-2012, 02:00 PM
I don't know, I'm not sold on S-Jax. I don't buy the he knows the system talk, it was nearly ten years ago he played for the Spurs. The Spurs offense was vastly different in the early 00's. If someone can get his head straight it's Pop and Duncan but this is not a sure thin in my opinion. RJ slumped of late and never really fit in but he is a way better 3 PT shooter then SJ. S-Jax is extremely inefficient on offense and i don't think Pop will be able to change that.

I see the financial benefit and it could work out on the floor, but i don't think that it's a clear win for the spurs.

If you've watched RJ play the past couple years you might think differently. He is so up and down. Jackson already knows the system, (Pop knows how to deal with him) he can still attack and score the ball. Plus he adds some edge/attitude that the Spurs could use. He's another viable option, having him in the starting lineup and continuing to bring Manu off the bench is absolute upgrade/benefit.

Patman
03-16-2012, 02:27 PM
If you've watched RJ play the past couple years you might think differently. He is so up and down. Jackson already knows the system, (Pop knows how to deal with him) he can still attack and score the ball. Plus he adds some edge/attitude that the Spurs could use. He's another viable option, having him in the starting lineup and continuing to bring Manu off the bench is absolute upgrade/benefit.

I've watched most spurs games over the last 3 seasons, believe me I was as frustrated with RJ as anyone. He never really did fit in with the spurs, he often looked out of place. He's lack of agression was maddening at times. But I'm just not high on Jackson. He's agressive but he often makes boneheaded plays and the Spurs system changed quite a bit since he last played here. I'm really hoping that Pop will make it work and I will be more then happy to be proven wrong :)

lol, please
03-16-2012, 03:50 PM

Winners
Dallas - Obvious reasons
Golden state warriors - acquired a top 5 Center when healthy, veteran leadership in Jefferson, and two picks, forming a force to be reckoned with, and strengthening the bench.
Losers

Fixed.

Gators123
03-16-2012, 04:44 PM
The Hornets wanted Maxiell and this years 1st round pick for Carl Landry :pity:

Losoway
03-16-2012, 08:17 PM
The Hornets wanted Maxiell and this years 1st round pick for Carl Landry :pity:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

kobe4thewinbang
03-17-2012, 01:27 AM
1. Why would Cleveland trade Sessions for the likes of Luke Walton & Jason 'Invisible' Kapono?

2. Also, who is Jordan Hill and was he worth the TPE in your opinion?

3. Why did Toronto trade Barbosa for practically nothing?

4. Why would Denver give up Nene for Turiaf & JaVale "Blooper/15 million" McGee?

5. Why is Bogut worth 3 players, albeit Kwame 'Worst pick ever' Brown?

Monta is beast
03-17-2012, 01:29 AM
From the Warriors stand-point, you never ever trade a big for a small. The Warriors gave up an undersized Shooting Guard, that is a below average defender, to get one of the best Centers in the game. Not only that but in my opinion, Klay Thompson is a better all around player then Ellis is.

jsthornton7
03-17-2012, 01:32 AM
1. Why would Cleveland trade Sessions for the likes of Luke Walton & Jason 'Invisible' Kapono?

4. Why would Denver give up Nene for Turiaf & JaVale "Blooper/15 million" McGee?

1. They got a first round pick, CLE is stockpiling picks in this draft trying to reload and give kyrie irving some help.

2. Lakers didnt use the TPE to get Hill

3. Barbosa makes a shitload of money and toronto isnt going anywhere

4. McGee is young, makes 2m a year and is a RFA, they also received a 13m TPE

5. Yes question Jerry West, good idea...

6. Do you even watch basketball???

BULLSFAN0810
03-17-2012, 01:35 AM

1. Trade was made for salaries/bodies

2.Hill HAD upside...and LA needs bodies..so yeah sorta

3.Money; wasnt producing

4.NENE...WASTE OF TALENT! Turiaf ...salary dump....McGee was trade bc he said he was going to ask for 14 mil (what a joke)

5.Bogut 2nd best center in East..prob 2-3rd in west..Def top 5 in NBA...AND LETS STOP THE KWAME BASHING..Dude has proformed otherwise he'd be out the NBA or EDDY CURRIED'.

shep33
03-17-2012, 01:52 AM

1. Cleveland wanted a draft pick, I'm shocked that Mitch actually got rid of Walton's deal, that was spectacular. The extra salary doesn't really hurt the Cavs at all, and they got what they wanted. Hopefully Eyenga can be a decent player in this league, we just sent him down to the D-league

2.We didn't use our TPE on Jordan Hill. We still have all of the Odom TPE (9Mill)

3. Barbosa doesn't really have much value in the trade market, and Toronto is in operation tank anyways.

4. Denver saves a lot of money with this deal I believe. Nene has some injury history, but was still a great haul for the Wiz.

5. I'm still a bit iffy on the Bogut trade. I understand why they did it, but I wish they'd kept Udoh or gotten rid of Biedrins contract. Still a front line of Bogut + Lee is very nice

Okay... why hasn't the Nets trade for Wallace been mentioned lol. That's the worst one easily

Deemerc
03-17-2012, 01:52 AM
Bogut is not a top 5 center let's keep it real

jsthornton7
03-17-2012, 01:57 AM
bogut is not a top 5 center let's keep it real

+1

VeejNasty
03-17-2012, 02:21 AM
1. Cleveland wanted a draft pick, I'm shocked that Mitch actually got rid of Walton's deal, that was spectacular. The extra salary doesn't really hurt the Cavs at all, and they got what they wanted. Hopefully Eyenga can be a decent player in this league, we just sent him down to the D-league

2.We didn't use our TPE on Jordan Hill. We still have all of the Odom TPE (9Mill)

3. Barbosa doesn't really have much value in the trade market, and Toronto is in operation tank anyways.

4. Denver saves a lot of money with this deal I believe. Nene has some injury history, but was still a great haul for the Wiz.

5. I'm still a bit iffy on the Bogut trade. I understand why they did it, but I wish they'd kept Udoh or gotten rid of Biedrins contract. Still a front line of Bogut + Lee is very nice

Okay... why hasn't the Nets trade for Wallace been mentioned lol. That's the worst one easily

My thoughts exactly.

Losoway
03-17-2012, 03:25 AM
From the Warriors stand-point, you never ever trade a big for a small. The Warriors gave up an undersized Shooting Guard, that is a below average defender, to get one of the best Centers in the game. Not only that but in my opinion, Klay Thompson is a better all around player then Ellis is.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: whats the name of the drug your smoking ?

The warriors got worst after this trade ... you give up a Top 3 caliber scorer in the league for ANDREW BOGUT ????? A CENTER THAT HAS BEEN MISSING 13-20 GAMES FOR THE LAST FEW SEASONS ???? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

i guarantee golden state wont make the playoffs for the next couple of years

Losoway
03-17-2012, 03:26 AM
Bogut is not a top 5 center let's keep it real

Bogut is not even top in my opinion :facepalm::facepalm:

Bucks got Udoh and ellis ....Steal

Bruno
03-17-2012, 03:40 AM
New Jersey. D-Will will be a Maverick next year.