PDA

View Full Version : Source: RJefferson for SJackson being discussed

WHODAT8o8
03-15-2012, 01:55 PM
@RicBucher: Source: RJefferson for SJackson being discussed.

Edit: its official
@SpearsNBAYahoo: Warriors acquired Richard Jefferson from Spurs for forward Stephen Jackson, source tells Y!

HouRealCoach
03-15-2012, 01:59 PM
Good trade

Punk
03-15-2012, 02:02 PM
Why Golden State...Why?

asandhu23
03-15-2012, 02:04 PM
Enjoy your short stay in the bay, captain jack.

mavwar53
03-15-2012, 02:05 PM
Warriors better be getting either a first round pick or one of their younger PF's Blair or Splitter, cause if not it makes no sense since Jackson's contract expires next year rather than jefferson's in 2 more years.

ManningToTyree
03-15-2012, 02:10 PM
Wow Jackson can never stay in one place

Public Enemy #1
03-15-2012, 02:13 PM
Stupid trade... Hoping it doesn't happen

TRF929
03-15-2012, 02:14 PM
Love it, get it done Spurs. FYI there is no way they're giving away a big, they don't have many bigs

EYDI819
03-15-2012, 02:14 PM
Warriors better be getting either a first round pick or one of their younger PF's Blair or Splitter, cause if not it makes no sense since Jackson's contract expires next year rather than jefferson's in 2 more years.

i hope its blair

Losoway
03-15-2012, 02:17 PM
IS GOLDEN STATE TANKING????

they basically traded monta ellis for richard jefferson and bogut ??? smhhhhhh terrible

mavwar53
03-15-2012, 02:21 PM
IS GOLDEN STATE TANKING????

they basically traded monta ellis for richard jefferson and bogut ??? smhhhhhh terrible

Bogut alone is more valuable than Ellis, also the warriors aren't tanking but they want to let the young guys play, also if they get a top 7 pick they get to keep it, 8 or higher they lose their pick to Utah, so they are not tanking but they don't have a problem losing so they can keep their pick.

49warriors
03-15-2012, 02:21 PM
Jeffrsons a better trade piece....and younger and he fits allot better now the Jackson would.....
IMO I would've love to keep Jackson.....

kdspurman
03-15-2012, 02:24 PM
This should address our thin front line (*sarcasm*)

thedfactor
03-15-2012, 02:25 PM
Looks like a done deal reported by Yahoo

unwantedplayer
03-15-2012, 02:25 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/180358657916141569

Done deal.

Punk
03-15-2012, 02:26 PM
David Aldridge says It's close to done.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-15-2012, 02:26 PM
Warriors acquire forward Richard Jefferson from Golden State for forward Stephen Jackson, a source tells Y!

kdspurman
03-15-2012, 02:27 PM
RT @SpearsNBAYahoo: Warriors acquire forward Richard Jefferson from Golden State for forward Stephen Jackson, a source tells Y!
Retweeted by #TeamSpurs

kdspurman
03-15-2012, 02:28 PM
RT @SpearsNBAYahoo: Warriors acquire forward Richard Jefferson from Golden State for forward Stephen Jackson, a source tells Y!
Retweeted by #TeamSpurs

PSD keeps freezing caused a double post lol

Punk
03-15-2012, 02:41 PM
Golden State is just tanking like crazy now with these moves.

TRF929
03-15-2012, 02:46 PM
love it

LTBaByyy
03-15-2012, 02:52 PM
Warriors are becoming a mess.

Curry
Thompson
Jefferson
Lee
Bogut

Is a 9th-15th team still and now they are not young with potential

AlexTmz2
03-15-2012, 03:02 PM
I love it!!!!! :)

Welcome back Captain!

GrkGawdofWalkz
03-15-2012, 03:08 PM
Get the **** out Richard Jefferson. That's all I've been wanting since the Amnesty clause was initiated. Now that can be used on "The Ginger". lol. Jackson improves the team defense knows the system and Pops knows what to do with the 'tude.

Monta is beast
03-15-2012, 04:54 PM
Warriors got a 1st round pick as well. Love the deal.

5ass
03-15-2012, 05:05 PM
good deal for both teams.

TRF929
03-15-2012, 05:07 PM
its a conditional pick, so I wanna know more behind it. It may not even be for this years deep draft

SanAntonioSpurs23
03-15-2012, 05:59 PM
Even if it is for this years draft, getting rid of that contract and the god awful play of Dick Jefferson is awesome! Plus we are bringing back a guy who knows our system and isn't a giant puss like RJ.

I'd like to start S-Jax at the 2 and bring Manu off the bench.

PG- Parker/Neal/???? Buy out player Fisher maybe?
SG- S-Jax/Manu/Neal
SF- Leonard/Jackson/Green
PF- Duncan/Bonner/
C- Blair :(/ Splitter/

Now if the Hornets and Bobcats buy out Caveman or Diaw the Spurs should push hard for either!!!

JayW_1023
03-15-2012, 06:24 PM
Jack is a headcase, but Pop and the Spurs vets will set him straight. He knows it was the Spurs title back in 2003 that gave him his value in the first place.

Chronz
03-15-2012, 08:59 PM
Why did the Spurs do this?

Raph12
03-15-2012, 09:36 PM

TimmyD said SJax was the best teammate he ever had, maybe he could bring him back to mediocrity. :shrug:

Giraffes Rule
03-16-2012, 12:18 AM

1: RJ has been terrible in the playoffs with the Spurs.
2: It saves them some money in the long run, giving them some cap room in 2013.
3: Pop and Duncan love him.

beasted86
03-16-2012, 12:51 AM
The Warriors are definitely tanking.. whether purposely or unknowingly.

Their two best players are injury prone (Bogut, Curry). Both of their Centers are injury prone and locked in for 2 more seasons after this one making $22M+ each season combined (Bogut, Biedrins).

Between the SF, PF, and C positions they have a minimum of $43M combined between 4 players for a minimum of 2 more years. 3 out of those 4 players are having their worst season over the last 3 years of their respective careers.

BKLYNpigeon
03-16-2012, 01:24 AM
Bogut is a solid Center. just because he's injured everyone thinks this guy sucks now since he is not talked about anymore. He doesnt do anything that makes your eyes roll back, but he is a beast of a defender, rebounder and average scorer. Everyone is indicating that he will be back strong and healthy in a month, but will probably be held back until next season.

Warriors are definitely tanking this season. they also picked up Atlanta's 2nd round pick for cash. this upcoming draft they could have two first and send round picks.

BKLYNpigeon
03-16-2012, 01:29 AM
I hate seeing Ellis go, but scoring undersized 2 guards just doesnt work in the NBA, unless you're a 6th man. you can find quality shooting guards in the NBA theres alot of them around. Centers come at a Premium.

Monta is beast
03-16-2012, 04:37 AM
Bogut has been examined by four experts since becoming a Warrior, and they all say he is healing fine, and he should be able to go late in the season, or at the start of next season. Curry is a little more complicated, but I think they will sit him the rest of the season, and have him go through pyhsical therapy, which he didn't do last off-season. He will also have a full pre-season to get his ankle adjusted to game speed.

Monta is beast
03-16-2012, 04:40 AM
And for the people who have said this is a bad trade for the Warriors, look at what Thompson has done so far. He's scoring at an extremelly effecient rate, while locking people down on the defensive end. The Warriors have two great defenders in Thompson & Bogut, while Curry & Lee aren't the best defender, Lee has played well on the defensive end this season, and people won't look to drive on curry as much with Bogut & Biedrins in the game. Bottom line is Thompson is a better all-around player then Ellis is, and we arguably will have a top 5 back-court and a top 5 front-court next season.

NYtilIdie
03-16-2012, 07:50 AM
I forgot Jefferson was still in the league, he must be having a horrible year.

Chronz
03-16-2012, 02:00 PM
WTF, I posted this in the wrong section.

Chronz
03-16-2012, 02:03 PM
1: RJ has been terrible in the playoffs with the Spurs.
2: It saves them some money in the long run, giving them some cap room in 2013.
3: Pop and Duncan love him.
I think they are in for a huge disappointment, which sucks because I was rooting for them, but good luck to them.

Mr.Nate30
03-16-2012, 02:10 PM
if anything spurs win this trade with additon by subtraction. Jefferson never had the balls to take a late game shot.

Chronz
03-16-2012, 02:19 PM
if anything spurs win this trade with additon by subtraction. Jefferson never had the balls to take a late game shot.

Im of the opinion that Jackson himself is a cancer, so they basically removed a benign cancer for a malignant one.

Mr.Nate30
03-16-2012, 02:27 PM
Im of the opinion that Jackson himself is a cancer, so they basically removed a benign cancer for a malignant one.

Jackson thrived in his last tenure in SA. It really depends on Jackson attiude tho. He's going to where he knows the main players and is good freinds with them. Duncan has called Jackson the greatest teamate hes ever played with.

Chronz
03-16-2012, 02:41 PM
Yea seems like the Spurs are raving about the trade, maybe they know something I dont, well they definitely know alot that I dont but Im wondering if Jacko has anything left.

I mean to say he thrived with the Spurs is a stretch, he did win a ring with them a decade ago (however relevant that is now), but he was an inefficient chucker for them, his real value came on the defensive end and I dont think hes the +defender he used to be. So now your left with a declining chucker with question marks defensively.

Say what you want about RJ but at least he was dependable and could soak up the minutes. He has sucked in the last few playoff series, but Jackson sucked all last year and is sucking this year. Its a major gamble for sure but I guess you can never second guess the Spurs FO, unless they are giving up talent for free (See Scola)

kdspurman
03-16-2012, 02:41 PM

Not with Pop running things he won't be. He knows how to manage him, and he's been in pretty bad situations lately. I think he may come in revitalized tbh. I'm not even concerned about him being a cancer.

5ass
03-16-2012, 02:42 PM
jackson is gonna have to come up big in the play offs if the spurs are going anywhere. They cant rely on Kawhi Leonard, hes just a rookie.

Iodine
03-16-2012, 02:44 PM
I'm in the same boat as Chronz here.

I mean, if SJax can be a solid role player who won't jack 13 shots up a game it's good, but I dunno.

TRF929
03-16-2012, 02:45 PM
Duncan and Pop wont allow SJax to hurt the team, in saying that I thing SJax will thrive here and not act up in a way that hurts the team. There's a big difference from playing in Cha and Mil, young teams with young leadership to SAS with veteran leadership that He actually knows and good friends with. It's not going to be hard to replace the whole 9 pts RJ averaged in 30 mins. so this is good if you ask me

kdspurman
03-16-2012, 02:49 PM
Yea seems like the Spurs are raving about the trade, maybe they know something I dont, well they definitely know alot that I dont but Im wondering if Jacko has anything left.

I mean to say he thrived with the Spurs is a stretch, he did win a ring with them a decade ago (however relevant that is now), but he was an inefficient chucker for them, his real value came on the defensive end and I dont think hes the +defender he used to be. So now your left with a declining chucker with question marks defensively.

Say what you want about RJ but at least he was dependable and could soak up the minutes. He has sucked in the last few playoff series, but Jackson sucked all last year and is sucking this year. Its a major gamble for sure but I guess you can never second guess the Spurs FO, unless they are giving up talent for free (See Scola)

In fairness, Skiles hasn't been playing him. And I'm sure it was just a mess in Charlotte as well. I don't exactly know Jackson's stats but I do know he dropped 34 on us a couple months back and was the big reason why The Bucks won. He's had some injuries, and been benched due to issues with Skiles, so I imagine he's pretty fresh. He gives the Spurs some edge, and another guy who isn't scared to take big shots and drive to the basket.

RJ while durable, and a great spot up shooter, was so on and off. He was wildly inconsistent and seemed to always be late on his defensive rotations/assignments. The pressure of playing with his contract, made him passive while we needed him to be aggressive. I think RJ will do very well in GS while Jackson will be solid in SA. As I said, when you come from bad situations, and you come back to a place where you're comfortable and can win, I fully expect him to succeed and do well.

kdspurman
03-16-2012, 02:52 PM
jackson is gonna have to come up big in the play offs if the spurs are going anywhere. They cant rely on Kawhi Leonard, hes just a rookie.

They're only Relying on TP, Manu, and Tim. Anything else after is bonus. Guys need to knock down open shots, and defend well.

Iodine
03-16-2012, 02:56 PM

Yeah, the Spurs are really counting on a guy getting under 25 minutes a night to push them over the top.

5ass
03-16-2012, 03:07 PM
Yeah, the Spurs are really counting on a guy getting under 25 minutes a night to push them over the top.

not to push them over the top, but him and leonard splitting minutes at sf could be a decent rotation, their best since a long time. jefferson was just horrible.

Iodine
03-16-2012, 03:22 PM
not to push them over the top, but him and leonard splitting minutes at sf could be a decent rotation, their best since a long time. jefferson was just horrible.

Ah ok, I see what you are saying there, and I agree that the potential is there, but SJax might have a big issue

TRF929
03-16-2012, 03:27 PM

Exactly, Id rather have him score the 9 point average RJ was getting, along with his defense that RJ never had. Just look at the trade like a lateral move for the Spurs, but the spurs save 11 mil on RJ contract and have a better wind defender. I see him averaging around 14/6/2.5 takeaways whether steals or block in the minutes RJ was getting which is around 30

tredigs
03-16-2012, 03:59 PM
This trade may end up being good for both teams. I know it was definitely great for the Warriors though. Going from hopefully having a 1st round pick to definitely having a 1st round pick along with the chance at a high lotto pick? Yes, please.

As a whole, I'm ****ing thrilled by the Warriors moves. I'm not of the opinion that fracturing your ankle and arm in two separate freak injuries (especially the fall on the arm. The ankle was more common, just unfortunate) is something to be too scared of. If he had bad knees/back and was past his prime, that's one thing. But that just isn't the case with him.

On top of that we get to see what Klay Thompson can do as a starter (and so far it's looking pretty impressive) while Steph can rest his ankle until he is legitimately 100% (might just sit out the season).

I'm a happy Warriors fan for the first time in a long time.