PDA

View Full Version : Leandro Barbosa traded to Pacers

dolfan720
03-15-2012, 11:10 AM
Indiana Pacers acquiring guard Leandro Barbosa in a trade with Toronto Raptors, source tells Y!
https://twitter.com/#!/SpearsNBAYahoo

Gram
03-15-2012, 11:11 AM
What'd Toronto get?

dolfan720
03-15-2012, 11:12 AM
doesnt say new link coming tho

CudiOnMyiPod
03-15-2012, 11:17 AM
That's good for Indiana. They now get an explosive scorer off the bench. Not too long ago, Barbosa was 6th man of the year.

Baller1
Nice pickup for Indiana, assuming they didn't give up too much of course.

cardinals1226
This trade weighs heavily on who the Pacers traded to get Barbosa. If the Pacers had to give up anything substantial then this is a terrible deal. Barbosa being a big expiring is nice, but giving away young talent for a rental would be a mistake.

slynxpac
03-15-2012, 11:18 AM
@daldridgetnt

Source confirms @SpearsNBAYahoo report that Pacers will acquire Leandro Barbosa from Toronto. Source says Raptors will get a second-rounder.

Sinestro
03-15-2012, 11:18 AM
looks like they're trying to load up

HouRealCoach
03-15-2012, 11:19 AM
Good trade but I havent followed anything on Barbosa since 2008 I think

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-15-2012, 11:21 AM
Raptors get a second-round pick in exchange from Pacers for Barbosa.

benzni
03-15-2012, 11:22 AM
I like that for the pacers. looking to compete this yr

Bob_at_york
03-15-2012, 11:23 AM
Good trade but I havent followed anything on Barbosa since 2008 I think

Still a good scorer. Great deal for the Pacers.

torontosports10
03-15-2012, 11:23 AM
When he is on he is a synamite scorer off the bench.

Looks like we are tanking harder lol

nyKnicks126
03-15-2012, 11:25 AM
I think he fits the team well..

akesh99
03-15-2012, 11:27 AM
Great deal for the Pacers.. I was hoping the Raps could swing a 1st for him

Baller1
03-15-2012, 11:28 AM
Just a second rounder?? Damn, nice trade for Indiana.

cardinals1226
03-15-2012, 11:29 AM
This just means that Bird has more up his sleeve. The Pacers now have more players than they have use for. Could mean that Hill is being moved into the starter role and Collison being traded?

haggis
03-15-2012, 11:30 AM
Doesn't Indy have a ton of capspace?

310Casper
03-15-2012, 11:31 AM
wow, thats all it costs to get barbosa? a 2nd rounder? ....hmm...

Sanyo
I dont know I think the Raps could have gotten a first rounder for him -- he was the best scorer off the bench for them -- 2nd rounder is pretty much nothing since how many 2nd rounders become decent players?

They should have targeted teams like Chicago and OKC ...

quade36
Great trade for the Pacers

smith&wesson
03-15-2012, 11:32 AM
wow... great tradefor the pacers. they flipped a 2nd rounder in to barbosa... B.C making other gms look good.

Bob_at_york
03-15-2012, 11:33 AM
I dont know I think the Raps could have gotten a first rounder for him -- he was the best scorer off the bench for them -- 2nd rounder is pretty much nothing since how many 2nd rounders become decent players?

I think the difference is the other deals BC was offered, he had to take salary back. With this one, he didn't and instead creates a trade exception which he might use part of later today.

cardinals1226
03-15-2012, 11:34 AM
Doesn't Indy have a ton of capspace?

Roughly $10 million for next season.

smith&wesson
03-15-2012, 11:34 AM

i agree.. we could def have gotten more for him. bad trade on our end for sure. we jut got jacked!!

BALLER R
03-15-2012, 11:35 AM
Trade doesn't make sense for Toronto

John Walls Era
03-15-2012, 11:38 AM
BAY pretty much hit it on the head.

cardinals1226
03-15-2012, 11:38 AM

It's really not that bad of a deal. No one in the NBA was going to trade a first round pick during a shortened season in one of the deepest drafts in several years. At least the Raptors got something for Barbosa. Wasn't like he was going to re-sign.

FlakeyFool
03-15-2012, 11:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeBNXaMOvp0

Bob_at_york
03-15-2012, 11:41 AM

a TPE and a 2nd rounder is better than him just leaving in the summer for nothing. I still feel like we should have gotten more but it is better than nothing. BC needs to use the TPE this time around.

Shaolin
03-15-2012, 11:43 AM
It's really not that bad of a deal. No one in the NBA was going to trade a first round pick during a shortened season in one of the deepest drafts in several years. At least the Raptors got something for Barbosa. Wasn't like he was going to re-sign.

Agreed.

Shmontaine
03-15-2012, 11:50 AM
indi has a ton of capspace... i never realized how little they pay their players...

Danny Granger $12,015,904
David West $10,000,000
Jeff Foster $3,000,000
Dahntay Jones $2,700,000
Roy Hibbert $2,588,590
Paul George $2,406,240
Louis Amundson $2,403,000
Tyler Hansbrough $2,138,040
George Hill $2,086,359
Jeff Pendergraph $1,500,000
Darren Collison $1,455,960
A.J. Price $884,293
Lance Stephenson $810,000

TOTAL $43,988,386

it will be interesting to see what they do in the off season to keep all these guys...

xILLN355
03-15-2012, 11:51 AM
indi has a ton of capspace... i never realized how little they pay their players...

it will be interesting to see what they do in the off season to keep all these guys...

your sig is full of swag

TO Rapz
03-15-2012, 11:53 AM
:facepalm: You're better then that BC. We could of gotten more back for him. ****.

Shmontaine
03-15-2012, 11:56 AM
your sig is full of swag

ty...

Shaolin
03-15-2012, 11:56 AM
:facepalm: You're better then that BC. We could of gotten more back for him. ****.

Like who? Jeff Foster + cash?

Give us some alternatives instead of taking a dump on BC's face.

cardinals1226
03-15-2012, 11:59 AM

You do realize that the Pacers have seven of their now 14 players on rookie contracts, right? The Pacers have a ton of cap space because they don't shell out tons of money for fringe stars demanding millions.

FriedTofuz
03-15-2012, 11:59 AM
Raptors get nothing in return. Just a salary dump so bryan colangelo can overpay for a player who wont help the raptors win a championship like Wilson chandler. Colangelo, you couldnt even get a first or george hill for barbosa? Shaking my ****ing head...

heyman321
03-15-2012, 12:00 PM
Terrible trade for Toronto! Well at least it helps us tank more.

ManningToTyree
03-15-2012, 12:00 PM
Pacers are building a real exciting squad over there. And without a superstar acquisition

FriedTofuz
03-15-2012, 12:01 PM
all these moves have been tanking moves done by colangelo. Not impressed at all. First he signs gray, magloire, Rasaul " tank commander" butler, to tank, dumps contracts for salary dumps of the better players on this team. As if this team already didnt have scoring problems, its going to have more issues. :facepalm: Whos colangelo going after in he offseason? Dwight howard, Deron williams? yeah keep ****ing dreaming.

dolfan720
03-15-2012, 12:02 PM
I think he fits the team well..

yeah he doe

cardinals1226
03-15-2012, 12:03 PM
Raptors get nothing in return. Just a salary dump so bryan colangelo can overpay for a player who wont help the raptors win a championship like Wilson chandler. Colangelo, you couldnt even get a first or george hill for barbosa? Shaking my ****ing head...

The Raptors wouldn't have gotten either. If anything, the Pacers would have offered Dahntay Jones or Jeff Pendergraph. Stop acting like Barbosa is some mega-superstar that would have brought back a massive return. He was going to sign elsewhere in the off-season with no return. Be lucky someone traded a second round pick.

Iodine
03-15-2012, 12:07 PM
The Tank Commanders strike back!

lavilevi23
03-15-2012, 12:09 PM
Bad deal for the Raptors

GodsSon
03-15-2012, 12:10 PM
People aren't seeing this through properly...

Barbosa was NOT going to be re-signed in the off-season, so why not get something for him? BC didn't want to take on any salary so that's why it's a 2nd, had he taken on a bad deal, it would have surely been a 1st.

smith&wesson
03-15-2012, 12:25 PM

Barbosa was NOT going to be re-signed in the off-season, so why not get something for him? BC didn't want to take on any salary so that's why it's a 2nd, had he taken on a bad deal, it would have surely been a 1st.

how do you know ? we could have resigned him for the mid level prolly. barbs liked it in toronto. we have capspace freeing up next year any how. i dont see why it was soo vital to creat cap space now when the dead line is in 3 hours. wait till the offseason have the vet mins guys come off the books, were gonna have space anyways. this move was out of no where and unless another move is made with in 3 hours to make this roster better it was a steal for the pacers.

we got a 14 million dollar tpe for bosh, what did we do with that exactly ? and a 2nd rounder speaks for its self. maybe b.c is hoping he can flip another 2nd rounder in to a player like james johnson again.

Sadds The Gr8
03-15-2012, 12:25 PM

Guy, it's the NBA forum. Any time the Raptors are brought up they'll get **** on...

Sadds The Gr8
03-15-2012, 12:26 PM
how do you know ? we could have resigned him for the mid level prolly. barbs liked it in toronto.

we obviously weren't gonna re-sign him if we traded him...

FriedTofuz
03-15-2012, 12:27 PM
The Raptors wouldn't have gotten either. If anything, the Pacers would have offered Dahntay Jones or Jeff Pendergraph. Stop acting like Barbosa is some mega-superstar that would have brought back a massive return. He was going to sign elsewhere in the off-season with no return. Be lucky someone traded a second round pick.
The raptors have been said to be listening to trade offers for barbosa, but that doesnt mean he would not resign a longterm deal with the raptors. He even stated he is willing and wanting to sign a long term deal with the raptors.

The Tank Commanders strike back!
Yup!

Bad deal for the Raptors
Indeed

No, you're not seeing this properly. who says He was not going to be re-signed. Colangelo stated That resigning barbosa was a priority, and Barbosa has said he would like a long term deal with the raptors. There is two sources( articles) that presented this information. Your made up assumption is not credible.

FriedTofuz
03-15-2012, 12:31 PM
how do you know ? we could have resigned him for the mid level prolly. barbs liked it in toronto. we have capspace freeing up next year any how. i dont see why it was soo vital to creat cap space now when the dead line is in 3 hours. wait till the offseason have the vet mins guys come off the books, were gonna have space anyways. this move was out of no where and unless another move is made with in 3 hours to make this roster better it was a steal for the pacers.

we got a 14 million dollar tpe for bosh, what did we do with that exactly ? and a 2nd rounder speaks for its self. maybe b.c is hoping he can flip another 2nd rounder in to a player like james johnson again.

exactly. Colangelo wanted to resign barbosa, and barbosa wanted to resign with toronto. It was also said that Toronto was of course listening to offers, to see what they could get if a good deal were to arise.

Kelly Gruber
03-15-2012, 12:32 PM
People saying bad deal for the Raps haven't watched Barbosa in a while. Plus the Raptors were looking at getting an asset back without taking on a contract. Pretty decent deal all things considered...

FriedTofuz
03-15-2012, 12:32 PM

Well thats obviously now. Not true, the GM's mindset and plan can change along the way.

VCaintdead17
03-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Not a bad deal here at all. I'm thinking Bird and Vogel are losing trust in Price, which is fine by me.

Second unit will look like:

Hill
Barbosa
Jones
Hansbrough
Admunson

With Price and Foster getting some minutes as well

GodsSon
03-15-2012, 12:35 PM
No, you're not seeing this properly. who says He was not going to be re-signed. Colangelo stated That resigning barbosa was a priority, and Barbosa has said he would like a long term deal with the raptors. There is two sources( articles) that presented this information. Your made up assumption is not credible.

It's called a smokescreen.

BC wanted to try and up LB's value by claiming he wanted to re-sign him (thus trying to force other GM's into trading more). Ultimately, I guarantee teams were only willing to part with a 1st rounder if they were able to dump salary, something BC didn't want to take on.

He didn't fit into our long-term plans and thus, was a salary dump.

Shmontaine
03-15-2012, 12:35 PM
You do realize that the Pacers have seven of their now 14 players on rookie contracts, right? The Pacers have a ton of cap space because they don't shell out tons of money for fringe stars demanding millions.

granger 12 mil, dwest 10 mil :shrug: now, barbosa 7.6 mil :shrug:

anyhow, i said it would be interesting to what they do in the off season to keep all these guys...

hibbert and hill are RFAs this year, and they will most likely get big paydays... so, we will see if the pacers shell out tons of money for fringe stars (if they aren't already)...

Cal827
03-15-2012, 12:36 PM
:dance: :dance: F***ing Barbosa.. that ***** chucking *****-***-****** :mad:

Good deal for Indiana though, this gives them a guy who can serve behind both Granger and the 7 foot SG

smith&wesson

were not getting shitted on. its true this was a bad deal for us. the point is we could have resigned him. we had the option too. and if your gonna trade him atleast get somthing for him.

ill wait and see what B.C does with tpe and 2nd rounder to make this roster any better. we have like no scoring on this team, seriously.

SA5195
Guy, it's the NBA forum. Any time the Raptors are brought up they'll get **** on...

This, it's a tough online world in the nba forum lol

FriedTofuz
03-15-2012, 12:37 PM
It's called a smokescreen.

BC wanted to try and up LB's value by claiming he wanted to re-sign him (thus trying to force other GM's into trading more). Ultimately, I guarantee teams were only willing to part with a 1st rounder if they were able to dump salary, something BC didn't want to take on.

He didn't fit into our long-term plans and thus, was a salary dump.

thats an assumption, regardless. I understand what you're saying, I thought the same thing, but that is only an assumption. That doesnt mean its true.

FriedTofuz
03-15-2012, 12:38 PM
dont worrry bryan colangelo will pay wilson chandler 12 million to bring a championship to toronto. Hold you heads up high guys!:facepalm:

Sadds The Gr8
03-15-2012, 12:43 PM
were not getting shitted on. its true this was a bad deal for us. the point is we could have resigned him. we had the option too. and if your gonna trade him atleast get somthing for him.

ill wait and see what B.C does with tpe and 2nd rounder to make this roster any better. we have like no scoring on this team, seriously.

look at the long-term. u wanted to sign Chandler right? This gives us the space to do that and also possibly go after someone else. Barbosa had no purpose on this rebuilding team. We were not gonna re-sign him for next year....we have too much young pieces that we're trying to develop to have a 30 year old shoot-first tunnel vision chucker.

who cares if he wanted to be here? life's tough...the NBA's a business.

smith&wesson
03-15-2012, 12:46 PM
dont worrry bryan colangelo will pay wilson chandler 12 million to bring a championship to toronto. Hold you heads up high guys!:facepalm:

no he wont get more then 9-10 mill a year.

heres the thing, i wanted barbosa to stay because of derozan. dero is simply not consistent. our team sereiously lacks scoring. barbosa is good for putting up buckets fast. somthing our team really needs. trading barbosa is going to put sooooooo much presure on derozan now as well.

getting w.chandler and having barbosa and bargs with the younger guys like dero, jj, jonas, and draft pick would have been a good mixture of youth and players who have been in the league. i dont know. i dont think were landing chandler either. specially with jj emerging. i really dont know what direction this team is going in anymore. ITS LIKE WHEN VINCE RUSSO TOOK OVER WCW..

FriedTofuz
03-15-2012, 12:46 PM
Wilson chandler will be a nice acuistion, but not a difference maker. A team needs star players to contend. Not just solid role players.

FriedTofuz
03-15-2012, 12:49 PM
no he wont get more then 9-10 mill a year.

heres the thing, i wanted barbosa to stay because of derozan. dero is simply not consistent. our team sereiously lacks scoring. barbosa is good for putting up buckets fast. somthing our team really needs. trading barbosa is going to put sooooooo much presure on derozan now as well.

getting w.chandler and having barbosa and bargs with the younger guys like dero, jj, jonas, and draft pick would have been a good mixture of youth and players who have been in the league. i dont know. i dont think were landing chandler either. specially with jj emerging. i really dont know what direction this team is going in anymore.

well chandler will be a restricted free agent, and the nuggets can match that offer. I wanted barbosa to stay because this team has problem to score and barbosa is instant offense. There are so many times where this team gets bailed out because of his play. same here, I realy dont know waht the team is after now. By the last few moves that colangelo is making, looks like tanking, and theyre trying to sell hope that bargnani is an all star. That seems to be the only incentive for season ticket holders.

LanceUpperCut
03-15-2012, 12:58 PM
So you guys think BC wanted to resign him and LB wanted to also resign but instead BC traded him for a second rounder? I'm pretty sure BC had a little more insight than us. It was basically get nothing or get a 2nd round pick free up cash.

MrfadeawayJB
03-15-2012, 01:00 PM
Great trade for the pacers, didnt know he was so worthless in the eyes of toronto though

3mikee_
03-15-2012, 01:03 PM
#TankNation.. GET IT TORONTO!!

smith&wesson
03-15-2012, 01:06 PM
So you guys think BC wanted to resign him and LB wanted to also resign but instead BC traded him for a second rounder? I'm pretty sure BC had a little more insight than us. It was basically get nothing or get a 2nd round pick free up cash.

ok, well he is our trading chip. we have his rights. we had time and options. you dont make last second desicions and give away your 2nd best offensive player for beans..

smith&wesson
03-15-2012, 01:08 PM
tank nation my ***. were not even in a place that favours us to land the top pick. and news flash one top pick doesnt mean you dont need other talent on the team. giving away good players in order to be a worst team to land a pick makes no sence. you need good quality vets around that rookie player your going to draft. you need talent around that player as well.

cardinals1226
03-15-2012, 01:09 PM
granger 12 mil, dwest 10 mil :shrug: now, barbosa 7.6 mil :shrug:

anyhow, i said it would be interesting to what they do in the off season to keep all these guys...

hibbert and hill are RFAs this year, and they will most likely get big paydays... so, we will see if the pacers shell out tons of money for fringe stars (if they aren't already)...

Granger is signed for another three seasons, below league average for his position. West is a free agent after next season, and Barbosa was just traded for and is a free agent at season's end. Everyone else on the team is making $4 million or less. What's your point?

The Pacers have more than enough cap space to keep the guys they have and get a decent player or two.

smith&wesson
03-15-2012, 01:10 PM
Great trade for the pacers, didnt know he was so worthless in the eyes of toronto though

he was the 2nd best if not the best scoring option for us. he def was not worthless. that doesnt say much about our team but nevertheless its true.

PacersForLife
03-15-2012, 01:11 PM
We've got like 4 or 5 guys who can play the point if we are truly getting Carter. I don't think we're done today one of these point guards has to go.

clutchski
03-15-2012, 01:15 PM
BC isn't a complete and utter idiot guys. I see more positives than negatives when it comes to getting rid of Barbosa. BC obviously must have seen it that way too.

smith&wesson
03-15-2012, 01:18 PM
well chandler will be a restricted free agent, and the nuggets can match that offer. I wanted barbosa to stay because this team has problem to score and barbosa is instant offense. There are so many times where this team gets bailed out because of his play. same here, I realy dont know waht the team is after now. By the last few moves that colangelo is making, looks like tanking, and theyre trying to sell hope that bargnani is an all star. That seems to be the only incentive for season ticket holders.

i dont think denver would match anything over 6,7 mill. it would be silly of them to do so after signing gallo to a lucrative deal. also they gave nene a huge contract and they still have to re-sign lawson which is a priority for them.

smith&wesson
03-15-2012, 01:28 PM
look at the long-term. u wanted to sign Chandler right? This gives us the space to do that and also possibly go after someone else. Barbosa had no purpose on this rebuilding team. We were not gonna re-sign him for next year....we have too much young pieces that we're trying to develop to have a 30 year old shoot-first tunnel vision chucker.

who cares if he wanted to be here? life's tough...the NBA's a business.

1.barbosa served a role on this team. who is our starting shooting gaurd ? is he consistent in any way ? with barbosa gone i promice derozan will get torched by toronto media every bad game he has. he had tunnel vision because he is the best scorer on the team. whos better ? bargs ?

2. i like w.chandler. but to over pay for him would be a mistake and it was you and a few other raps poster who convinced me of this. kleiza, jj, and chandler would be a log jam at the 3. three players that are tweeners who can play the 3&4 but most of the mins at the 4 will go to bargs. does it make sence to over pay for chandler ? prolly not.

3. this move does not make the team better in anway. barbosa was an asset. we had his rights. we could def have used him behind derozan for another 2-3 years. its needed. derozan is not where he needs to be in terms of development and we all know that.

4.bayless starting offer is 4 mill per year. are we replacing barbosa with bayless for 4-5 mill a year ? i think barbosa would have resigned with us for 3 years 15 mill.

5. is this a tank job ? even if we land a top 3 player, doesnt that player need talent to play along side ? quality vets ?

6. OUR TEAM CANT SCORE. jonas is not a scorer, derozan struggles with turn overs, range, handles, etc. you name it he struggles with it, bargs has been better but do i really need to point out to you that bargs is not a franchise player ? barbosa was no saviour but he gave our team a scoring pucn we desperatly need and a quality back up for derozan which is somthing we also need.

WeaponXXX
03-15-2012, 05:22 PM
This is up there in Toronto's worst trades. We should NOT of help Indiana like this.

FriedTofuz
03-15-2012, 05:32 PM
I hate how all these people are like, Oh the raptors were even lucky to get a 2nd round pick for leandro barbosa. Really? the lakers pretty much traded a first round pick and a filler ( walton, who is inactive) for sessions and eyega.
The san antio spurs give up jefferson + a first round pick for sjax. So sjax is worth at least a first pick. Why couldnt the pacers even give a first round pick when their pickis top 20. Colangelo sucked hard on this trade. The raptors play the pacers 4 times a year, no? Theyre both in the same conference. yeah, why not make another team in your conference better that you will have to play 4 times a year. The fact that the raptors couldnt even get first round pick shows bad management on colangelos part.I rather see barbosa walk then just give him up for nothing to make another team benefit. terrible trade, terrible management. Barbosa wanted to stay in toronto to. Some of you people are saying how colangelo was selling barbosa value by saying he would resign barbosa, but trade him for absolute bag of chips. Terrible terrible trade, and you cant defend colangelo, it was a flat out stupid unfair trade. Make cap for wilson chandler, he'll bring you a championship! :facepalm:

FriedTofuz
03-15-2012, 05:34 PM

I hate how all these people are like, Oh the raptors were even lucky to get a 2nd round pick for leandro barbosa. Really? the lakers pretty much traded a first round pick and a filler ( walton, who is inactive) for sessions and eyega.
The san antio spurs give up jefferson + a first round pick for sjax. So sjax is worth at least a first pick. Why couldnt the pacers even give a first round pick when their pickis top 20. Colangelo sucked hard on this trade. The raptors play the pacers 4 times a year, no? Theyre both in the same conference. yeah, why not make another team in your conference better that you will have to play 4 times a year. The fact that the raptors couldnt even get first round pick shows bad management on colangelos part.I rather see barbosa walk then just give him up for nothing to make another team benefit. terrible trade, terrible management. Barbosa wanted to stay in toronto to. Some of you people are saying how colangelo was selling barbosa value by saying he would resign barbosa, but trade him for absolute bag of chips. Terrible terrible trade, and you cant defend colangelo, it was a flat out stupid unfair trade. Make cap for wilson chandler, he'll bring you a championship!

Fireworld
03-15-2012, 05:36 PM
This is big. Why didn't the Lakers do this?! Only for a second rounder??!! SMH

FriedTofuz
03-15-2012, 05:47 PM
This is big. Why didn't the Lakers do this?! Only for a second rounder??!! SMH

thts what I've been saying. bryan colangelo is a ****ing joke. Just selling hope to season ticket holders with a boderline All star in Bargnani. I feel bad and upset everytime I watch the raptors when they're not commited to wining. This move doesnt show a commitment for winning. Nor does it help the long term. I rather see barbosa expired than seeing him given up for nothing.

Bruno
03-15-2012, 05:49 PM
that's all it took to land Barbosa?!

Christ sakes :facepalm:

FriedTofuz
03-15-2012, 05:54 PM

bryan colangelo is a ****ing moron. Doing such a move was a salary dump, but what for, to sign wilson chandler? Im tired of bryan colangelo. Hes done nothing good since he got his contract extention. The stupid thing is, he traded the raptors best bench player for a 2nd round pick, when the raptors play that team 4 times a year. Down the road, maybe the raptors are contenders and barbosa is gonna cause problems for them. If barbosa was at least traded to the other conference, it would make more sense. So tired of the raptors management, and fans who defend him and try to make it seem like thats whats expected to come out the trade. Its ****ing bs.

VCaintdead17
03-15-2012, 05:55 PM
Barbosa really isn't having a very good season. No way he's worth a first in a draft class as deep as this upcoming one is.

PacersForLife
03-15-2012, 06:00 PM
Barbosa really isn't having a very good season. No way he's worth a first in a draft class as deep as this upcoming one is.

Exactly...

IndyRealist
03-15-2012, 06:38 PM
The raps saved like $3.5M and got a 2nd round pick. I don't get why people say they didn't get anything. Was he worth $3.5M to keep around in a throwaway season? They can still sign him as a free agent this summer.

Bob_at_york
03-15-2012, 08:27 PM
The san antio spurs give up jefferson + a first round pick for sjax. So sjax is worth at least a first pick.
They trades you are talking about all involve big salaries coming back in the deals. Don't get me wrong, I would take Jefferson and a 1st for Barbosa and an expiring. But BC didn't want to take on salary.

Why couldnt the pacers even give a first round pick when their pickis top 20. Colangelo sucked hard on this trade. The raptors play the pacers 4 times a year, no? Theyre both in the same conference. yeah, why not make another team in your conference better that you will have to play 4 times a year.
We play them ONCE for the rest of the year. That is it. I am unsure why you keep bringing up "4 times a year". When he signs with a new team in free agency he could play against the Raptors 4 times a year and there is nothing we could do to stop him.

The fact that the raptors couldnt even get first round pick shows bad management on colangelos part.I rather see barbosa walk then just give him up for nothing to make another team benefit.

But if we kept him then we would have benefited for the rest of the season and it would have hurt our draft position. Makes sense to trade him and get something back. Also the team itself saves some money.

terrible trade, terrible management. Barbosa wanted to stay in toronto to. Some of you people are saying how colangelo was selling barbosa value by saying he would resign barbosa, but trade him for absolute bag of chips. Terrible terrible trade, and you cant defend colangelo, it was a flat out stupid unfair trade. Make cap for wilson chandler, he'll bring you a championship!
I hope they don't sign Chandler, he is over-rated.

NBAfan4life
03-15-2012, 09:38 PM

I really wish the Lakers would of picked him up for a second.

Is Barbosa still the player he was on the suns?

BHF
03-15-2012, 10:36 PM

what are you talkin about Barbosa is playing amazing

AsfanSince99
03-15-2012, 11:05 PM
Great move by the Pacers. I wished the 6ers wud have gotten him instead of sam young.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-15-2012, 11:46 PM
Genius move by Bryan Colangelo.

Sadds The Gr8
03-16-2012, 12:12 AM
1.barbosa served a role on this team. who is our starting shooting gaurd ? is he consistent in any way ? with barbosa gone i promice derozan will get torched by toronto media every bad game he has. he had tunnel vision because he is the best scorer on the team. whos better ? bargs ? .
He's not the best scorer on the team...and Barbosa is easily replaceable. If Derozan plays bad, then he can paly through it. I'd rather him learn like that.

2. i like w.chandler. but to over pay for him would be a mistake and it was you and a few other raps poster who convinced me of this. kleiza, jj, and chandler would be a log jam at the 3. three players that are tweeners who can play the 3&4 but most of the mins at the 4 will go to bargs. does it make sence to over pay for chandler ? prolly not.

I don't think we should overpay either but I think it's obvious that we'll probably try to go after him this summer.

3. this move does not make the team better in anway. barbosa was an asset. we had his rights. we could def have used him behind derozan for another 2-3 years. its needed. derozan is not where he needs to be in terms of development and we all know that.
we aren't trying to get better with this trade. we're gaining assets and giving the young guys more minutes to develop.

4.bayless starting offer is 4 mill per year. are we replacing barbosa with bayless for 4-5 mill a year ? i think barbosa would have resigned with us for 3 years 15 mill.
I'd rather have Bayless for 4-5. Has more potential to grow, and Barbosa is what he is. And it isn't like he was taking us anywhere. He wasn't important to the team at all. And I also doubt he woulda re-signed.

5. is this a tank job ? even if we land a top 3 player, doesnt that player need talent to play along side ? quality vets ?

Barbosa isn't that great of a talent, and isn't really a veteran leader type.

6. OUR TEAM CANT SCORE. jonas is not a scorer, derozan struggles with turn overs, range, handles, etc. you name it he struggles with it, bargs has been better but do i really need to point out to you that bargs is not a franchise player ? barbosa was no saviour but he gave our team a scoring pucn we desperatly need and a quality back up for derozan which is somthing we also need.
We couldn't score with him either. I'm just focused on giving the young guys mins to learn and develop. I can care less about Barbosa...he is what he is at this point. He was gonna walk this summer anyways, so we might as well get something for him. The only way he'd stay is if we overpaid, and there's no ****in way i'd be down for that.

C_Mund
03-16-2012, 12:42 AM
I really wish the Lakers would of picked him up for a second.

Is Barbosa still the player he was on the suns?

Yes and no. Part of the reason he was able to run rampant was D'antoni's system with the Suns, but he still has all the tools. He can score in bursts like few players I've ever seen.
There's also been people saying that he's having a bad year or whatever, but the Raps are just a bad team that won the few games they have because of slowing the pace down. When our entire team couldn't score, we'd have Barbosa come out and drop eight points in a matter of minutes. Is he a chucker? Yeah he can be, but on a team with offensive weapons around him like the Pacers I bet he'll flourish.

ghettosean
03-16-2012, 12:48 AM
The san antio spurs give up jefferson + a first round pick for sjax. So sjax is worth at least a first pick. Why couldnt the pacers even give a first round pick when their pickis top 20. Colangelo sucked hard on this trade. The raptors play the pacers 4 times a year, no? Theyre both in the same conference. yeah, why not make another team in your conference better that you will have to play 4 times a year. The fact that the raptors couldnt even get first round pick shows bad management on colangelos part.I rather see barbosa walk then just give him up for nothing to make another team benefit. terrible trade, terrible management. Barbosa wanted to stay in toronto to. Some of you people are saying how colangelo was selling barbosa value by saying he would resign barbosa, but trade him for absolute bag of chips. Terrible terrible trade, and you cant defend colangelo, it was a flat out stupid unfair trade. Make cap for wilson chandler, he'll bring you a championship! :facepalm:
I agree that we possibly could have got more for Barbosa but I guess other teams weren't giving it up or they wanted us to throw in an extra player so they can send some junk our way. I like Barbosa and he will show his worth for Indiana in the playoffs if they are struggling on offense. I can't say this was a terrible move though I mean lets say we did let him walk there is no guarantee he wouldn't just sign with a team in the east so why not get something for him at least?

FriedTofuz
03-16-2012, 02:04 AM
Exactly...

Oh really? hes averaging 12 points in 22 minutes. Give im starters minutes and he gives you at least 15 ppg. Pacers fans being ungrateful. Be happy you got barbosa for nothing.

cardinals1226
03-16-2012, 09:55 AM
Oh really? hes averaging 12 points in 22 minutes. Give im starters minutes and he gives you at least 15 ppg. Pacers fans being ungrateful. Be happy you got barbosa for nothing.

And the same can be said about Raptor fans. Be grateful you got anything for Barbosa.

Cal827
03-16-2012, 09:56 AM
Anyone else find this funny know how Granger and Him have been going at it a bit in the past Raptor-Pacer games over the past couple years and now they are teammates?