PDA

View Full Version : Dwight the Scumbag Howard busted: reason he wants to stay.....

MagicBucsSox
03-15-2012, 07:16 AM
The Magic intensified efforts to trade Dwight Howard to the Nets on Wednesday, which may be part of the reason why he declared his intent to sign the early termination waiver form on Thursday.

A trade to the Nets could cost Howard a playoff appearance, as the team currently stands 4.5 games behind the Bucks for the No. 8 seed.

A league source said that missing out on the playoffs would cost Howard significant bonuses from his Adidas contract.*

Via J.A. Adande/ESPN

Read more: http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/219778/Source_Significant_Adidas_Bonuses_For_Howard_Tied_ To_Making_Playoffs#ixzz1pBP7oFR0

John Walls Era
03-15-2012, 07:17 AM
Doesn't he have a 200 Million dollar contract on the table? I wonder how much he loses (can't be too much compared to that amount). I say ship his *** for free to the Bobcats to teach him a lesson.

CB29
03-15-2012, 07:38 AM
I've lost a lot of respect for dwight in this whole process. I don't know whats truth or fiction but this has really gotten out of hand. I bet orlando magic fans cant wait till today finishes.

LakersIn5
03-15-2012, 07:43 AM
with dwight opting in then we would be going through the dwight drama until the 2013 trade deadline

OutOfTHEBLUE
03-15-2012, 07:46 AM
At this point I'm hoping that ORL trades him to NJ and gets a decent haul. I know that their FO has had their heads in the sand for quite some time, but this whole situation must really suck for Magic fans.

rapjuicer06
03-15-2012, 07:52 AM
It's whatever. He's just another player now. I was always a big supporter of him, but after all this bs, I'm done with it

mrnore77
03-15-2012, 07:57 AM
I used to think the media took advantage of his honesty, but its him who is taking advantage of the loyalty the Magic are showing him. I dont care who is in his ear or what pressure he is getting to move to Brooklyn, be a man. Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Trade him already and gut the Nets. Show him what its like to not have a team that is a contender.

DR_1
03-15-2012, 08:13 AM
Another bitter magic fan lol although it's partly justified I guess

PHX2daDEATH
03-15-2012, 08:27 AM
i really hope he goes to New Jersey with a gutted roster w/ Antoine Walker as the starting SF.....First Melo, then Paul now Dwight...its getting sickening..John Lucas III took down the Miami Heat tonight..Why isn't Lucasanity all over ESPN. ..its all Dwight and his BS..league has turned TMZ with the trade talks.

PhillyFaninLA
03-15-2012, 08:30 AM
I do want to say a reporter is saying this is a reason not Dwight.

Who knows what Dwight is thinking. Fans are to hard on specific players for things like this. My opinion hasn't changed of Dwight, Melo, Bosh, Lebron, or any other player because of them telling a team where they want to be.

Also a reporter is saying that Dwight is considering signing the extension so he does not miss out on a bonus but fails to mention the big new endorsement deal which would be considerably more for going to Brooklyn.

Hate Dwight if you want but when a topic head is Dwight the Scumbag Howard busted you just sound bitter and resentful and I doubt your opinions are coming from the right place. I think it is an overly emotional overreaction to a story from a reporter that did not get a quote from Dwight and is just speculating.

Kleonidas
03-15-2012, 08:35 AM
It's whatever. He's just another player now. I was always a big supporter of him, but after all this bs, I'm done with it

This

As a lifelong Magic fan, I've lived trough a lot of disappointing moments. When everyone in Orlando was calling for the stable Emeka Okafor. Magic management, said "no, we love this christian kid from Atlanta". I then watch this skinny tall kid, flourish under the Magic name taking us to a finals, and giving us the much needed "House that D12 Built". Grabbed the eyes of the nation at a slam dunk contest. Magic fans all but forget about a guy named Shaq.

This long drawn out process and constant changing of his mind has been ruthless on Magic fans. He was my favorite athlete by far less then a year ago. Now, I could never don a D12 jersey or shoe. I've watched him railroad his legacy in Orlando. He would've had his face and name on a building, street and park, in every Central Florida county. That is what sucks the most about this. Why?

thedfactor
03-15-2012, 08:36 AM
Another bitter magic fan lol although it's partly justified I guesstrue and true

Aust
03-15-2012, 08:37 AM
You shouldn't assume such things. That may have been a factor in his decision, but I personally don't think that's the ONLY reason he'll stay.

DaLakerz Rulz
03-15-2012, 08:42 AM
How can you guys keep believing these stupid articles that are pure speculation? No one knows what Dwight is thinking, and the vast majority of the crap that has come out over the last few days has been BS. Please stop being so gullible and believing everything you read.

blom85
03-15-2012, 08:47 AM
This is becoming a common trend with the players of this generation, if their team fails in a short period of time.. they simply give up on the team and feel the only way they can win a ring is moving on somewhere else like LeBron and Bosh, their needs to be more guys like Dirk that can endure getting your heart broken but not giving up and eventually coming out on top.

iliketurtles24
03-15-2012, 09:07 AM
him and deron on the nets would at least put them into 8th seed i would think

Wade n Fade
03-15-2012, 09:11 AM
Just as payback, trade him to a team with no chance of making it to the playoffs since he is guaranteed to stay through the 12-13 season. I don't want that ******* getting his money.

Mcdoh
03-15-2012, 09:21 AM
next season continuation of the dwight drama part2

naps
03-15-2012, 09:34 AM
I don't care what this report says. Him opting in for next year means we are gonna have to go through this same drama all over Again for another year and half...Imagine :speechless: What a drama queen! Talk about an attention whore...

Muttman73
03-15-2012, 09:34 AM
What you mean he is selfish??

effen5
03-15-2012, 10:25 AM
This league really is a mess.

Thank god for Derrick Rose and Kevin Durant.

3ballbomber
03-15-2012, 10:30 AM

amen!

Had Wade not recruited Lebron i would add him in their also.

tbomlad
03-15-2012, 10:39 AM

You mean Tim Duncan & Kevin Durant. Rose already plays in a big market.

Robbw241
03-15-2012, 10:40 AM
He better buy me some more durable bags for my head after he receives that Nike bonus.

Baller1
03-15-2012, 10:41 AM
Damn this whole thing got messed up. What a shame.

M.V.W.
03-15-2012, 10:42 AM
You mean Tim Duncan & Kevin Durant. Rose already plays in a big market.

I think he's referring to their humility, but Duncan also fits that description.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-15-2012, 10:59 AM
How can you guys keep believing these stupid articles that are pure speculation? No one knows what Dwight is thinking, and the vast majority of the crap that has come out over the last few days has been BS. Please stop being so gullible and believing everything you read.

this this and this

RaiderLakersA's
03-15-2012, 11:02 AM
with dwight opting in then we would be going through the dwight drama until the 2013 trade deadline

My thoughts exactly. Opting in doesn't spell the end of it, we're just kicking that rock down the road another season or two.

If Dwight wants to win a title, he has to leave ORL. If he wants to be well-liked by everyone not named Shaq, then he'll stay, commit long-term, and keep his mouth shut.

Raph12
03-15-2012, 11:11 AM
I'd really love to see a video interview from him, just so I know what is fact and what is fiction... Last I saw; "They know how I feel," Howard said. "I've expressed that to my teammates. I've expressed that to the ownership, and I guess it's on them now. I've done my job. I haven't changed. And despite whatever's being said, I'm still the same person. So, if you want to scrutinize me for taking care of Dwight, that's fine." - http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-15/sports/os-dwight-howard-magic-trade-0315-20120315_1

So I don't know if I believe Rudolph's supposed interview which involved a pen and paper vs video or audio... I have to see it to believe it.

SACNYY
03-15-2012, 11:18 AM
Howard needs to steal another nickname, Big Baby. He's no Superman. lol.

naps
03-15-2012, 01:08 PM

More like thanks for Durant, Duncan, or Wade. Rose just got a $250 million dollar contract because he's already in one of the biggest market.

3mikee_
03-15-2012, 01:09 PM
LOL.. this guy when he leaves is going to be the most hated guy in the NBA. LeBron just breathed a sigh of relief.

dave831
03-15-2012, 06:31 PM
Lol I hope magic fans boo D12 @ the next home game! How great would that be??

JayW_1023
03-15-2012, 06:40 PM
Still acting like a damn rookie.

JayW_1023
03-15-2012, 06:43 PM
I don't think Howard has the heart to win a title. Shaq, beneath al his goofiness, at least did.

flatbush knicks
03-15-2012, 06:43 PM
This thread is pointless he would have made the money he lost back in endorsements and other things playing in brooklyn if anything i have a little respect for the guy now for not leaving his team behind

CudiOnMyiPod
03-15-2012, 06:44 PM
I'd rather Dallas get Deron Williams, Roy Hibbert and a few role players than Williams/Howard. I'm getting sick of him.

KnicksorBust
03-15-2012, 06:47 PM
If he eventually re-signs with the Magic all of this is meaningless. No fan of that team will hold it against him.

CudiOnMyiPod
03-15-2012, 06:47 PM
More like thanks for Durant, Duncan, or Wade. Rose just got a $250 million dollar contract because he's already in one of the biggest market.

Add Dirk to that list.

lkingratedr
03-15-2012, 06:57 PM
He makes the playoffs then gets traded to the nets on draft night for brook lopez some picks maybe morrow or brooks then it becomes him Williams Wallace and humpries as the nets core entering Brooklyn

Swashcuff
03-15-2012, 07:09 PM
He's a scumbag because he chose the money? What will be really funny is if Dwight powers the Magic to a real strong post season all these people who suddenly hate his very existence will be riding his jock.

Swashcuff
03-15-2012, 07:16 PM
I am also getting sick and tired of all this Durant and Rose loyalty BS. These two guys are extremely fortunate to come into the league into situations that were well structured for them to win and win early. Same with Duncan. Unlike guys like Paul Pierce and Steve Nash they never had to face any adversity due to horrendous front office decisions, poor supporting casts and bad treatment by those in authority.

Place Rose or Durant on a team like The Bobcats or TD on the Wolves instead of KG and I guarantee you we'd be speaking of them in different lights. These men are professionals who'd what's absolutely best for their career and their well being. If the situation isnt beneficial to them they should do whatever they see fit in seeking their own best interest.

Pistol_Pete
03-15-2012, 07:31 PM
This story doesn't sound right. He seemed well aware of the marketing and endorsement opportunities that would have been available in NYC and not in Orlando. And then there's the whole 9 figure Adidas deal rumor. I can't imagine he would lose that much by missing the playoffs that wouldn't be offset and/or trumped by being in Brooklyn. On top of that, Dwight paired with Deron and decent role players had a good shot of making the playoffs anyway.

I really think he was guilted into staying and didn't want to make anyone feel bad.

Jarvo
03-15-2012, 09:10 PM
i am also getting sick and tired of all this durant and rose loyalty bs. These two guys are extremely fortunate to come into the league into situations that were well structured for them to win and win early. Same with duncan. Unlike guys like paul pierce and steve nash they never had to face any adversity due to horrendous front office decisions, poor supporting casts and bad treatment by those in authority.

Place rose or durant on a team like the bobcats or td on the wolves instead of kg and i guarantee you we'd be speaking of them in different lights. These men are professionals who'd what's absolutely best for their career and their well being. If the situation isnt beneficial to them they should do whatever they see fit in seeking their own best interest.

this!

Tony_Starks
03-15-2012, 09:16 PM
Dwight Howard leaves: "what a disloyal scumbag!"

Dwight Howard stays: "what a greedy scumbag!"

Dwight Howard discovers a cure for cancer: "he just did it to get more attention!"

Dwight Howard saves some endangered animals from a roaring fire:

"he just wants an endoresment deal with PETA!"

Raph12
03-15-2012, 09:26 PM
NBA fans are fickle, emo, little girls; who with each and every post, tweet or article, change their mind completely about a player.

Dwight Howard leaves: "what a disloyal scumbag!"

Dwight Howard stays: "what a greedy scumbag!"

Dwight Howard discovers a cure for cancer: "he just did it to get more attention!"

Dwight Howard saves some endangered animals from a roaring fire:

"he just wants an endoresment deal with PETA!"

Lol he's the new Lebron...

LA_Raiders
03-16-2012, 01:48 AM
Doesn't he have a 200 Million dollar contract on the table? I wonder how much he loses (can't be too much compared to that amount). I say ship his *** for free to the Bobcats to teach him a lesson.

lol,agree

Sadds The Gr8
03-16-2012, 04:01 AM
I doubt this is the ONLY reason he stayed, but it could be one of the couple reasons.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-16-2012, 04:11 AM
I think it's because he didn't want to be caught in that thunderstorm.

Trueblue2
03-16-2012, 04:15 AM
Add Dirk to that list.

Kobe?

ThunderousDemon
03-16-2012, 04:17 AM
Kobe?

Beef?

MrfadeawayJB
03-16-2012, 11:16 AM
We all know he will leave Orlando so i dont know why they didnt trade him