PDA

View Full Version : Blue Jays OTT #1: It's alive!

Pages : [1] 2

es0terik
03-14-2012, 06:35 PM
OTT: Off-Topic Thread.

Nearly every active forum on PSD has one of these threads and it's about time the Jays forum got one too! I always see threads pop up about things like jerseys and fantasy questions, etc, so I thought that we should just start making a series of off-topic threads to put all that stuff into. I remember that someone tried starting an off-topic thread last year but it got shutdown because the first two pages were filled with weird perverted third grade jokes :confused:, let's not do that this time, k guys? lol

StealingSigns
03-14-2012, 06:39 PM
It has never worked before.

Ppl post in it for a few weeks, then it just dies. We have tried it several times... :shrug:

masTOR_shake1
03-14-2012, 06:41 PM
i appreaciate the spirit but i don't care for the idea. its easier to scan the main forum page to see if a topic instrestes you than it is to leaf through several pages in a miscellaneous thread reading each post.

es0terik
03-14-2012, 06:44 PM
Well that's the thing, if something is that important, it usually will get a thread. Off-topic threads are just a lounge type area where you discuss smaller, more off topic things. If someone has a funny video (Arencibia's Kurkjian impression, Joey Bats mafia movie) or a fantasy question, etc. Why would you leaf through pages to find that kind of stuff.

es0terik
03-14-2012, 06:46 PM
It has never worked before.

Ppl post in it for a few weeks, then it just dies. We have tried it several times... :shrug:

Let's try one last time :) If it doesn't work, we'll say screw it and drop the idea, if it does, it'll help cleanup the forum a bit.

Tmath
03-14-2012, 06:51 PM
Even the Raptors OTT has been dead lately and it used to be one of the most active on this site.

masTOR_shake1
03-14-2012, 07:07 PM
i see what you're saying, and granted that this is for obscure-jays news/discussion so it isn't really important but, say for instance that i were a few days late catching the arencibia video, or hadn't been on in days and had something to say about the new jerseys and i come to this thread to voice my opinion only to find that the last 3 pages are about a fantasy question (which i have no interest in) and that i've missed the boat so to speak, because my topic is no longer topical. some people like to be really organized and orderly and i appreciate that, but it seems overly-regulatory and alot might be lost in the ebb and flow of having several different topics in one thread, as something i might find interesting that is posted by someone might be wedge inbetween 2 pages of fantasy discussion and may go unseen unless i skim over the entierty of those 2 pages. that might suck (assuming it gets to 30 pages like some of our other threads have). in summation; One day a girl decided to buy some crotchless panties to surprise her boyfriend. She went and bought them, got home, put them on and waited. When the boyfriend got home there she was spread eagle on the bed with only her panties and bra on. "Come over here baby." she says smiling. The boyfriend backs off, "If your pu*sy can do that to your panties - I ain't going any where near it!"

town123
03-14-2012, 07:50 PM
OTT: Off-Topic Thread.

Nearly every active forum on PSD has one of these threads and it's about time the Jays forum got one too! I always see threads pop up about things like jerseys and fantasy questions, etc, so I thought that we should just start making a series of off-topic threads to put all that stuff into. I remember that someone tried starting an off-topic thread last year but it got shutdown because the first two pages were filled with weird perverted third grade jokes :confused:, let's not do that this time, k guys? lol

I'm glad someone is showing some gumption. Why shellac a major contributor for making the effort to cut down on 148 simultaneous threads?

Good on ya esOterik

WhatSayYou
03-14-2012, 07:56 PM
Alright I'll get it going, I present the Trolley Problem:

There's a trolley about to hit and kill 5 people who cannot get out of the way, fortunately you are standing right beside the switch that would switch the trolley onto another track, however on that track stands one person who is sure to be killed.

You know nothing about any of these people, whether they are criminals or priests, you don't know.

Either way someone dies, however you can decrease the loss of life by 4 if making the switch.

Would you switch the track? Is it morally justifiable? Would you go as far to say one is morally obligated to switch the track?

H-MYK
03-14-2012, 08:18 PM
I'm going to Blue Jays spring training next week. I'm leaving on Friday and spending a week down in Florida. :D

StealingSigns
03-14-2012, 08:21 PM
I'm glad someone is showing some gumption. Why shellac a major contributor for making the effort to cut down on 148 simultaneous threads?

Good on ya esOterik

Nobody is shellacking him. Merely pointing out we have tried this numerous times (I even had it stickied at one point). No one has ever really used it before.

Not sure why you would think this was personal.

craigerlee
03-14-2012, 08:29 PM
Didn't the last thread like this get shut down like a month ago because it just turned into posters making personal attacks against each other?

TO Rapz
03-14-2012, 09:51 PM
No. They said the same thing to me in the Leaf forum. They said we've tried it numerous times it won't work, yet we're 2 threads in and it's working fine.

lexecutioner
03-14-2012, 09:57 PM
so what do we do here now? :P ask a question game!

es0terik
03-14-2012, 11:25 PM
Nobody is shellacking him. Merely pointing out we have tried this numerous times (I even had it stickied at one point). No one has ever really used it before.

I for one don't take it personally at all :) I understand your point, I'm just sayin' there's no harm in giving it one last go.

es0terik
03-14-2012, 11:25 PM
Alright I'll get it going, I present the Trolley Problem:

There's a trolley about to hit and kill 5 people who cannot get out of the way, fortunately you are standing right beside the switch that would switch the trolley onto another track, however on that track stands one person who is sure to be killed.

You know nothing about any of these people, whether they are criminals or priests, you don't know.

Either way someone dies, however you can decrease the loss of life by 4 if making the switch.

Would you switch the track? Is it morally justifiable? Would you go as far to say one is morally obligated to switch the track?

God I hate these forums sometimes, I had a pretty long post typed up on that but it didn't go through. I'll try to recollect some of what I said.

The trolley question, did you get that from the 'Justice' lecture conducted by one of the Harvard philosophy professors? I remember listening to that lecture online about two years ago and I still can't come to answer that question. It's like, no matter what happens, the fact that you ended up in this situation in the first place basically guarantees the fact that no matter the outcome, you will be responsible for somebody's death. If you let the trolly continue rolling, you basically just stood by and let five people die, so you're guilty of not doing something. If you switch the track, you just saved five people but now you're directly responsible for the death of another man who was in way of no harm otherwise. It's really very intriguing to listen to peoples answers and justifications on this. I gotta say that I can't come to one.

es0terik
03-14-2012, 11:28 PM
I'm going to Blue Jays spring training next week. I'm leaving on Friday and spending a week down in Florida. :D

So lucky, I really wish I could attend some spring training games :( Or even some minor league games. I guess I'm lucky in the fact that I live in Toronto so I get to see the actual big league club! :)

Speaking of which, I just got my Blue Jays Fan Pass in the mail today! I definitely know that some other people on this forum bought some of these in December (the $100 season tickets), you guys get yours yet?

StealingSigns
03-14-2012, 11:37 PM
I for one don't take it personally at all :) I understand your point, I'm just sayin' there's no harm in giving it one last go.

I knew you wouldn't take it personally. Just wanted to let you know about the uphill battle you are facing...

I have tried the OT thread a few times since becoming TM. Maybe we have the right mix of posters now? We shall see.

es0terik
03-14-2012, 11:45 PM
Yeah it really comes down to who the posters are. I became active in the Wrestling forum about three months ago and at the time we were on OTT# 8 I think. We're into the 24th off-topic thread in that forum now lol. Some people just have lots to talk about. That's nearly 25,000 posts. I know the Yankees forum is in #4 now. It can work if people have stuff to talk about.

Btw, Sergio Santos was on the Fan and he said he's chosen his walk-out music. He picked Dragula by Rob Zombie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqQuihD0hoI

Such a sick song, I love the choice. The AL East apparently has great music taste in their closers since I know Mariano has 'Enter Sandman' by Metallica as his walk out theme.

WhatSayYou
03-14-2012, 11:56 PM
God I hate these forums sometimes, I had a pretty long post typed up on that but it didn't go through. I'll try to recollect some of what I said.

The trolley question, did you get that from the 'Justice' lecture conducted by one of the Harvard philosophy professors? I remember listening to that lecture online about two years ago and I still can't come to answer that question. It's like, no matter what happens, the fact that you ended up in this situation in the first place basically guarantees the fact that no matter the outcome, you will be responsible for somebody's death. If you let the trolly continue rolling, you basically just stood by and let five people die, so you're guilty of not doing something. If you switch the track, you just saved five people but now you're directly responsible for the death of another man who was in way of no harm otherwise. It's really very intriguing to listen to peoples answers and justifications on this. I gotta say that I can't come to one.

I was actually reading it from a book called "Batman and Philosophy" in the chapter where they questioned whether Batman should kill the joker. It's an awesome book lol.

An interesting alternative way to look at it is to take a doctor who has 5 patients who all need a different organ transplant to survive, unfortunately the doctor doesn't have access to any. Should he drug his healthy colleague, take his organs (which of course would kill him) to save 5 people. The obvious answer is no, yet what makes it different than the trolley dilemma?

If you don't touch the switch you are letting things be as they would have been had you not been there. You aren't a god, its not your place to decide who lives and who dies. You can't use the utilitarian view that you should divert it as you are saving lives because for all you know that man you kill could be the man who cures cancer. Of course as you point out that by not acting you are acting, it is impossible to suspend action like you can suspend judgement.

es0terik
03-15-2012, 01:12 AM
I was actually reading it from a book called "Batman and Philosophy" in the chapter where they questioned whether Batman should kill the joker. It's an awesome book lol.

An interesting alternative way to look at it is to take a doctor who has 5 patients who all need a different organ transplant to survive, unfortunately the doctor doesn't have access to any. Should he drug his healthy colleague, take his organs (which of course would kill him) to save 5 people. The obvious answer is no, yet what makes it different than the trolley dilemma?

If you don't touch the switch you are letting things be as they would have been had you not been there. You aren't a god, its not your place to decide who lives and who dies. You can't use the utilitarian view that you should divert it as you are saving lives because for all you know that man you kill could be the man who cures cancer. Of course as you point out that by not acting you are acting, it is impossible to suspend action like you can suspend judgement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBdfcR-8hEY

Everything is in the first 15 minutes :)

PJ Awesome
03-15-2012, 06:32 AM
About ****ing time. :)

PJ Awesome
03-15-2012, 06:35 AM
Yeah it really comes down to who the posters are. I became active in the Wrestling forum about three months ago and at the time we were on OTT# 8 I think. We're into the 24th off-topic thread in that forum now lol. Some people just have lots to talk about. That's nearly 25,000 posts. I know the Yankees forum is in #4 now. It can work if people have stuff to talk about.

Btw, Sergio Santos was on the Fan and he said he's chosen his walk-out music. He picked Dragula by Rob Zombie

Great choice Sergio, can't wait to hear it against Boston in our home opener :D **** YES

TO Rapz
03-15-2012, 01:58 PM
LOL I like Santos. He better do amazing because he's on my fantasy team, and well....playoffs are a goal this year.

es0terik
03-15-2012, 02:14 PM
I'm so balls-out confident in a few guys this year... I've taken Santos and Farnsworth (Rays and Jays closers) Avila (Tigers catcher) and Lawrie in every league I've drafted... And I've drafted like 7 leagues.

es0terik
03-15-2012, 02:17 PM
LOL I love Andrew Stoeten...

Photo: You Know Who Gets the Good Seat

When riding shotgun means getting an earful of Adam Lind’s crotch, I think it’s safe to say that the choicest seat lies elsewhere in the ridiculously loaded-down golf cart. And there’s no question who looks like he’s got it on this ride– as it ****ing-well should be.

http://tribmedia.sltrib.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/APTOPIX-Blue-Jays-Spring-.1.jpg

es0terik
03-15-2012, 02:42 PM
Really funny video where that hot youtube-rapper-jays fan chick interviews Justin Jackson and Jake Marisnick at Spring Training.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-k6zwDbZHM&feature=uploademail

town123
03-15-2012, 05:22 PM

I didn't. I was trying to be proactive and encourage calm responses and some levity. As a fellow Winger, I know you have tried this before and I really do apreciate any effort made for the OTT fourm. Holland/AA cool, over and out.

town123
03-15-2012, 05:27 PM
Really funny video where that hot youtube-rapper-jays fan chick interviews Justin Jackson and Jake Marisnick at Spring Training.

Classic. LMFAO...

BlueJayFanDan
03-15-2012, 10:24 PM

And I was not invited to go because...?

es0terik
03-15-2012, 11:10 PM
lmao

PJ Awesome
03-15-2012, 11:33 PM
just noticed you joined this site 2 months after me and you have almost 3x as many posts. Yowza

AA09-?
03-16-2012, 09:00 AM
LOL I love Andrew Stoeten...

The smile on Adam's face is a little off putting.

StealingSigns
03-16-2012, 09:40 AM
I didn't. I was trying to be proactive and encourage calm responses and some levity. As a fellow Winger, I know you have tried this before and I really do apreciate any effort made for the OTT fourm. Holland/AA cool, over and out.

Well, so far so good. :clap:

TO Rapz
03-16-2012, 10:22 AM
just noticed you joined this site 2 months after me and you have almost 3x as many posts. Yowza

Cus yous a losa PJ.

es0terik
03-16-2012, 11:53 AM

The wrestling forum is the most tightest-knit community on PSD, and if it isn't, it's the second tightest after the Steelers forum. We get in a crapload of posts there :)

The smile on Adam's face is a little off putting.

:laugh2:

es0terik
03-16-2012, 12:01 PM
Would anyone be up for a free ESPN Fantasy League, just for fun? Looking for anywhere between 3-7 people.

bomber0104
03-16-2012, 12:39 PM

One thing i got out of this video is that Jake Marisnick is a beast

es0terik
03-16-2012, 12:49 PM
Yeah I don't know why even after reading the scouting reports I assumed that he'd be a little skinny ish, maybe more lean. I mean he stole 40 bases... but man, this guy's a tank. He's got the build of a first basemen and the defense, arm and speed of a center fielder. With Lawrie already up here and Marisnick growing up in the wings, I'm starting to like this infusion of players with the potential for major power and major speed.

n3FTA
03-17-2012, 10:06 AM
Just a heads up that today's game is televised on mlb.tv.

H-MYK
03-18-2012, 04:39 PM
I just got back from the Jays game out in Dunedin and it's actually much better than coming to the Rogers Center. The crowd's more smaller (stadium-wise), beautiful weather (it's Florida), overall a good atmosphere. During my trip, I went past a store that sells anything Christmas, not joking, and the Original Hooters. I also had some NY style pizza from this place that my aunt and uncle go to.

es0terik
03-18-2012, 04:53 PM
Sounds like an amazing time. I hope one day I can trek out to Dunedin to watch em play spring training :P

H-MYK
03-18-2012, 04:59 PM
If there's one complaint I have and it's a minor one, the seats are so flat, there were times when I had to get up because it was hurting my ***. You know when you go to the Rogers Center and the seats have cushions that make them comfortable? Well, this stadium doesn't. But overall, it's still a worth while experience.

es0terik
03-18-2012, 11:21 PM
Well I've only gone to the 500 level except one time when I got free tickets the the HSBC VIP seats. I don't remember no damn cushions ;o

JermanJaysFan
03-18-2012, 11:32 PM
Well I've only gone to the 500 level except one time when I got free tickets the the HSBC VIP seats. I don't remember no damn cushions ;o
Yeah, no cushions in the 500s. H-MYK is a high roller, haha.

I've been down to Dunedin a bunch of times for ST. It is always a blast.

H-MYK: if you wanna go bug AA during the game- just follow the aisle that runs the whole way through the grandstand about halfway up the seats until you are dead behind home plate. He should be sitting in the row of seats directly below the aisle. At least that's where I used to always find JP :laugh2: edit- and Gord Ash too, now that I think of it...

H-MYK
03-19-2012, 10:18 AM
@ JermanJaysFan: Thanks for the tip, but I rather sit in my seat. I don't think AA should be bothered, unless he starts getting stupid like JP or Gord Ash. I just let AA do his job and see what happens lol.

JermanJaysFan
03-19-2012, 10:44 AM
@ JermanJaysFan: Thanks for the tip, but I rather sit in my seat. I don't think AA should be bothered, unless he starts getting stupid like JP or Gord Ash. I just let AA do his job and see what happens lol.
Solid decision. I bothered JP for autographs on a couple occaisons, and once my buddy wanted a pic with him. Always waited until after right the game, though :). He was always a good sport about it. Only thing I'd bug AA for right now is to hand him my resume, haha. That's the way he got into the game- bugging GMs non-stop, so I think he'd remember his roots and be OK with it.

es0terik
03-19-2012, 02:57 PM
Lol That's how AA got into the game? That's some classic stuff. I didn't know it was just as easy as walking up to the GM and talking to them, I always thought it would be much harder to get some talking time with them. I've heard that AA is much more lenient and open when he's talking to fans than he is with the media. I really do look forward to someday visiting spring training. It just seems like everybody will be more laid back and having a lot of fun there and it wouldn't hurt to get a look at the prospects.

lmallia
03-19-2012, 03:00 PM
I got my 2012 Jays Pass in the mail today, damn they look sexy..

JermanJaysFan
03-19-2012, 03:25 PM
Lol That's how AA got into the game? That's some classic stuff. I didn't know it was just as easy as walking up to the GM and talking to them, I always thought it would be much harder to get some talking time with them. I've heard that AA is much more lenient and open when he's talking to fans than he is with the media. I really do look forward to someday visiting spring training. It just seems like everybody will be more laid back and having a lot of fun there and it wouldn't hurt to get a look at the prospects.
He didn't exactly walk up to a GM at spring training- he just played the phones and pestered the **** out of big league front offices and somehow managed to get on the phone with the Expos GM at the time (Jim Beatty I think?) and convinced him to take him on. Same idea, though.

es0terik
03-19-2012, 03:42 PM
I got my 2012 Jays Pass in the mail today, damn they look sexy..

Yeah I got it last week. I'm excited :)

It just occurred to me a few weeks ago though that I spent $95 on the season pass and didn't take into account the fact that if I actually want to go to all 80 games, it'll cost me like $400 in bus fare.

es0terik
03-19-2012, 03:43 PM
He didn't exactly walk up to a GM at spring training- he just played the phones and pestered the **** out of big league front offices and somehow managed to get on the phone with the Expos GM at the time (Jim Beatty I think?) and convinced him to take him on. Same idea, though.

But if I'm not mistaken, he started out as a scout right? I'm pretty sure that's how most scouts get their jobs :laugh2:

JermanJaysFan
03-19-2012, 03:44 PM
But if I'm not mistaken, he started out as a scout right? I'm pretty sure that's how most scouts get their jobs :laugh2:
Nah, he started sorting fan mail, then worked his way up.

es0terik
03-19-2012, 03:57 PM
Lol wow... There's something I never knew.

H-MYK
03-19-2012, 04:24 PM
So nice to be able to do something and have my friends envy me for it. I laughed whenever they would say "I'm so jealous" or "I hate you" for me going to Florida. *sighs* Why can't some people appreciate what they have and find every possible excuse to ***** and complain nowadays?

JermanJaysFan
03-19-2012, 04:47 PM
Lol wow... There's something I never knew.
This article as a must-read:

http://www2.macleans.ca/2011/03/30/asking-all-the-right-questions/

EDIT- just re-read it, and want to upgrade my comment to "this article is an ABSOLUTE must read"

town123
03-19-2012, 05:32 PM
^^ great read.... thanks

H-MYK
03-21-2012, 10:15 AM
Yesterday, I went to Busch Gardens in Tampa and it was enjoyable. It's one of those places where there's so much to do, I was impressed even though I'm not much of a theme park person. Then I went to an Irish Pub where the chicken wings are just awesome.

TO Rapz
03-25-2012, 07:31 PM
If anyone wants to join a H2H Yahoo fantasy baseball league, PM me. Draft's Tuesday night.

bomber0104
03-25-2012, 11:16 PM
Lets get this thing going... i'll start

what are you guys planning for the summer?

Personally, i'm looking to travel Since coming to Canada, i've never been out of Ontario. If things go right and I make decent cash, I want to hit Mexico or Cuba with some friends. I also want to go visit some family and friends in San Diego and New York. Maybe watch a Yankees game.

Also, being an addicted gambler, i've always wanted to go to Vegas. But I would probably want to do that when there is Football or college basketball going on so that won't happen till the winter.

PJ Awesome
03-26-2012, 11:13 AM
Drunken camping, Trailer Park Boys style. Kim Mitchel and all.

bomber0104
03-26-2012, 04:10 PM

if I had to say now, i'll probably tell you that i'm never going camping again in my life..

went to Sauble beach with the whole class in grade 12 and had fun but i can't stand sleeping outside and not having the amenities i have at home

PJ Awesome
03-26-2012, 11:30 PM
i love camping. Especially in Alberta or BC

es0terik
03-27-2012, 02:54 AM
This article as a must-read:

http://www2.macleans.ca/2011/03/30/asking-all-the-right-questions/

EDIT- just re-read it, and want to upgrade my comment to "this article is an ABSOLUTE must read"

Forgot to post, amazing article, thanks.

Lets get this thing going... i'll start

what are you guys planning for the summer?

Personally, i'm looking to travel Since coming to Canada, i've never been out of Ontario. If things go right and I make decent cash, I want to hit Mexico or Cuba with some friends. I also want to go visit some family and friends in San Diego and New York. Maybe watch a Yankees game.

Also, being an addicted gambler, i've always wanted to go to Vegas. But I would probably want to do that when there is Football or college basketball going on so that won't happen till the winter.

Given that the most games I've ever gone to before in a single season is two, I plan to make as much use of this season pass as I can. That and hanging out with friends is just about going to round out my summer.

es0terik
03-27-2012, 02:55 AM
if I had to say now, i'll probably tell you that i'm never going camping again in my life..

went to Sauble beach with the whole class in grade 12 and had fun but i can't stand sleeping outside and not having the amenities i have at home

I've gone camping to Camp Kearney (Grade 6), Sybbald Point (Grade 11) and Sandbanks Beach (Grade 12), had amazing fun every time. I love camping. And it was raining both at Sybbald and Sandbanks! Still loved it. We had a great game of football in the pouring rain at the beach in Grade 11.

bomber0104
03-27-2012, 11:28 PM
I've gone camping to Camp Kearney (Grade 6), Sybbald Point (Grade 11) and Sandbanks Beach (Grade 12), had amazing fun every time. I love camping. And it was raining both at Sybbald and Sandbanks! Still loved it. We had a great game of football in the pouring rain at the beach in Grade 11.

our trip was on May 24 so the plan was to stay there till Monday.. but it rained pretty bad on Saturday night and Sunday morning.. the place turned into a dump overnight. We couldn't get out of these soon enough..

We were basically soaked trying gather our stuff. The 3 hour ride back home was the most uncomfortable experience i've ever had in my life. 3 guys in the back seat and my buddy was coughing all ride long and always one cough away from puking all over me.. who knows what he had the night before

es0terik
03-27-2012, 11:56 PM
lmao up to the ride part, it was similar for us. Got drenched putting our stuff together, but the ride wasn't that bad. I get why you don't want to go camping again though, that sounds horrible.

town123
03-29-2012, 05:56 PM

Heh. Just remembering Kim living one street over from my bassist. (backyard to backyard) Anyone thinking that Patio Lanterns was a deep deep song need to ingest at least 10 lagers in their backyard and pretend their neighbour is cool. Woodbine and Danforth for anyone really curious.

H-MYK
03-29-2012, 08:13 PM
7 more days until baseball season starts. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning.

es0terik
03-30-2012, 12:37 AM
Same here H-Myk lol.

Anyways, if there's any WWE fans here, join us on the Wrestling forum this week, we're trying to go for the PSD single-thread all-time posts record for Wrestlemania 28! It's gonna be fun.

PJ Awesome
03-30-2012, 02:31 AM
Chris Jericho owns all :)

es0terik
03-30-2012, 02:33 AM
Jericho vs Punk is going to be an amazing match. If you care about Wrestling you really should visit our forum there. You'll love it. Everyone knows each other and we always have lots of fun. A lot of us over there had stopped watching wrestling and only started again because of the forum itself.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122

bomber0104
03-30-2012, 06:47 PM
Same here H-Myk lol.

Anyways, if there's any WWE fans here, join us on the Wrestling forum this week, we're trying to go for the PSD single-thread all-time posts record for Wrestlemania 28! It's gonna be fun.

good ole WWE... i was really into it between 2002-2005 or so and i haven't watched 1 episode since... it just gets so repetitive and the new guys are awful

statquo
03-30-2012, 06:48 PM
I'm assuming Razor Ramon and Goldust are still feuding over the intercontinental belt?

H-MYK
03-30-2012, 08:10 PM
I'm not too big on wrestling. I used to when I was a kid, it would come on Saturdays at noon.

PJ Awesome
03-30-2012, 11:33 PM
I'm assuming Razor Ramon and Goldust are still feuding over the intercontinental belt?

Guerrero vs Benoit at this years mania for the IC belt

es0terik
03-31-2012, 01:52 AM
good ole WWE... i was really into it between 2002-2005 or so and i haven't watched 1 episode since... it just gets so repetitive and the new guys are awful

I'm not too big on wrestling. I used to when I was a kid, it would come on Saturdays at noon.

Same thing for me, I liked it as a kid and hadn't watched since around 2005-2006. I got back into it because of the Wrestling forum, we have a lot of fun and it makes it so much more entertaining. Plus, the weekly Raw threads are amazing. It's likely the most active and tight-knit group on PSD.

AA09-?
03-31-2012, 08:14 AM
Just saw the Jays Up Close episode hosted by Buck w/ Jose and Ricky. Anyone see it? I get the impression that Ricky wasn't taking to Buck.

AA09-?
03-31-2012, 10:43 AM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120330&content_id=27764054&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

This could be a big blow to the Yanks, if Pineda is shelved or isn't effective.

es0terik
03-31-2012, 11:31 AM
It's been a big blow to the Yank's ego ever since Pineda came into camp and was throwing with crap velocity and looked overweight. I just thought that he'd get better over the spring and be ready for opening day.

BBB
03-31-2012, 05:33 PM
http://torontobluejays1.tumblr.com/post/20246593940/bluejaystoronto-breaking-bats-in-the-hot-sun-we

Anyone remember this song?

bomber0104
03-31-2012, 08:53 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120330&content_id=27764054&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

This could be a big blow to the Yanks, if Pineda is shelved or isn't effective.

this happens to the Yankees at the beginning of every year and they always end up killing it.. i wouldn't be worried if i'm a Yankees fan especially with the new wild card spot

es0terik
04-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Wrestlemania today! :)

BBB
04-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Anyone watch "Fair Ball" on sportsnet? Wonderfully done!

wagnall
04-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Wrestlemania today! :)

Okay, HBK tries to screw the Undertaker, Taker beats the hell out of both and wins and retires, and HHH and HBK go at each other. :cool:

H-MYK
04-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Would you believe that at 8 years old, my niece has her own email address? What use would an 8 year old have for an email address?

henderson56
04-01-2012, 10:58 PM
Would you believe that at 8 years old, my niece has her own email address? What use would an 8 year old have for an email address?

you need an Email for facebook, So facebook?

AA09-?
04-02-2012, 08:55 AM

My niece just turned 8 and she had one last year. I agree, it's too young.

bomber0104
04-02-2012, 11:28 AM

my cousin is in 4th grade and he says kids in his class have iphones... thats ****ing ridiculous

wagnall
04-02-2012, 04:58 PM
And the Undertaker goes 20-0.......yeh

H-MYK
04-02-2012, 08:17 PM
you need an Email for facebook, So facebook?

Kids under 16 have no business being on Facebook. Some of them probably don't understand the dangers of online predators.

Toxeryll
04-02-2012, 10:44 PM
O's named Jake Arrieta as their opening day starter. lol thats sad

es0terik
04-03-2012, 12:06 AM
I know one of the active Jays posters was on the Wrestling forum earlier tonight asking is Brock Lesnar was coming back. Forgot who it was, so I'm just going to post here; YES! YES HE'S FREAKIN BACK! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :up: :nod: :rock:

wagnall
04-03-2012, 04:01 PM
I know one of the active Jays posters was on the Wrestling forum earlier tonight asking is Brock Lesnar was coming back. Forgot who it was, so I'm just going to post here; YES! YES HE'S FREAKIN BACK! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :up: :nod: :rock:

Ya he's back, looks a little flabby to me, I guess now that he's off the roids, he becomes human again. :rolleyes:

H-MYK
04-03-2012, 07:57 PM
My niece just turned 8 and she had one last year. I agree, it's too young.

Like what I said about Facebook, you never know whether or not online predators could be lurking. Other things that I don't even think my niece knows about are spammers, viruses and porn. If the kid is going to start high school, then it would be tolerable, but at 8 years old? Ugh.

statquo
04-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Just picked up a Bautista jersey for season opener... anyone got any plans for season opener?

es0terik
04-04-2012, 02:52 AM
Ya he's back, looks a little flabby to me, I guess now that he's off the roids, he becomes human again. :rolleyes:

He's been like that during his UFC stint, I find it perfectly fine. Looks more natural anyways. He's still a bad***

H-MYK
04-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Just picked up a Bautista jersey for season opener... anyone got any plans for season opener?

You're going to make fun at me for this. I have to work. I have 2 questions: 1) Why did baseball season have to start before Easter Weekend? 2) Why couldn't we open the season at home?

Long story short, I usually work on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, but because of the Good Friday holiday, I have to work tomorrow. *sigh*

PJ Awesome
04-05-2012, 04:00 AM
season begins in 12 hours! are you ****ing pumped people!?

H-MYK
04-05-2012, 08:11 PM
my cousin is in 4th grade and he says kids in his class have iphones... thats ****ing ridiculous

I'll never understand these parents who give kids as young as 10 smart phones or iPhones. Why would they need it in the first place? I don't know whether to puke or not be surprised anymore. I remember when I was in grade 4, if you had the original Gameboy, you were the envy of some of the kids at school.

town123
04-06-2012, 09:36 AM
Crap I practically spoiled my kids. In the summer they got a rake, the winter a shovel.

es0terik
04-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Crap I practically spoiled my kids. In the summer they got a rake, the winter a shovel.

:laugh:

H-MYK
04-06-2012, 07:52 PM
Something just pissed me off this morning. Already, one of my friends on Facebook wrote on his status "Now that the Leafs are out of the playoffs, we can now hope and see the Blue Jays miss the playoffs." Are you serious? We just played one game in which we won and already, you're being a negative Nancy saying we're going to miss the playoffs? Sweet freakin' Christ. :facepalm:

BBB
04-06-2012, 08:32 PM
Remove him as a friend and move on.

es0terik
04-07-2012, 01:13 AM
Remove him as a friend and move on.

lmao this. Couldn't have said it better myself.

3mikee_
04-07-2012, 01:14 AM
just the losing culture that our stupid franchises has created in recent memory.. can't blame them. most younger people in their teens haven't seen the blue jays win the world series or the leafs/raps have any kid of success in the playoffs. its sad really..

PJ Awesome
04-07-2012, 10:24 AM
Here's my story. I started watching the Leafs in 2005-06. I have yet to see my favourite NHL team in the playoffs. THAT's sad. As for the Jays, last year they made the playoffs, I was still in diapers if I'm right. 1993?

es0terik
04-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Btw PJ, the guy in my sig isn't Luke Gallows, though I love him lol. This is Bully Ray (previously known as Bubba Ray Dudley), the six wrestlers in my sig are the guys I drafted in the PSD Wrestling Sim League lol.

PJ Awesome
04-07-2012, 01:36 PM
Ooooooh. I was like...wtf does Luke Gallows have anything to do with it lol. Ya (Bully) Ray is the best thing TNA has right now. Though I'm a huge AJ Styles fan

H-MYK
04-07-2012, 08:10 PM
just the losing culture that our stupid franchises has created in recent memory.. can't blame them. most younger people in their teens haven't seen the blue jays win the world series or the leafs/raps have any kid of success in the playoffs. its sad really..

Well, the Jays have potential to be a playoff contender. The thing that pisses me off on so many levels is the fact that we're stuck in the same division as the Red Sox and the Yankees, 2 teams that'll go out of their way to get whatever good player is available. At least the current GM is doing all the right things to make it possible to make us a fun team to watch. I'm going to get into a lot of **** for this but unlike the Leafs, in which I'm starting to think that you need to be at a certain level of retardation in order to run the team.

SA5195
04-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Hey guys, kinda urgent, but if anyone has extra jays tickets, then PLEASE pm me, or something :) thanks.

H-MYK
04-08-2012, 08:06 PM
For the first time in years, I had myself a chocolate bunny. Together with a cup of tea and some baseball, I feel like I'm 12 again.

Goalie31
04-09-2012, 12:42 PM
So should I get a regular Jays T or a Ricky Ro jersey T?

es0terik
04-09-2012, 02:04 PM
If I was going to buy a jersey right now it would definitely be one with the name "Lawrie" on the back of it.

H-MYK
04-09-2012, 08:06 PM
So should I get a regular Jays T or a Ricky Ro jersey T?

Can't go wrong with either one. But if I were to pick, it'll be the Ricky Ro

Goalie31
04-10-2012, 06:28 PM
Went with Ricky. And to the get Lawrie shirt... I love him on the field but the guy just seems like an idiot/ tool. I'm glad he's our tool but still lol I just love ricky

es0terik
04-11-2012, 11:46 AM
Went with Ricky. And to the get Lawrie shirt... I love him on the field but the guy just seems like an idiot/ tool. I'm glad he's our tool but still lol I just love ricky

He seems like a 22 year old that makes a few mistakes here and there; less mistakes than the average 22 year old. But I get where you're coming from lol

H-MYK
04-11-2012, 08:14 PM
I was having a conversation with a friend of mine and he predicts that as soon as Lawrie becomes a superstar, he'll start having an ego that'll get the best of him. I doubt that would happen but you never know.

es0terik
04-15-2012, 11:44 PM
How the hell does Lawrie have a .306 average... It seems like it would have been much lower.

Bob_at_york
04-16-2012, 10:20 AM
How the hell does Lawrie have a .306 average... It seems like it would have been much lower.

I was wondering the same thing but he had a good weekend. 4-7 on the weekend. Hits in 5 of his last 6 games.

Bombtista
04-16-2012, 11:16 AM

Yeah I was surprised by the same thing. He has been sneaking in hits. Still all singles minus his home run yesterday

lexecutioner
04-17-2012, 09:14 AM
WTF NEWS: Two pitchers combined to throw 347 pitches in one game :speechless:

After 501 pitches, the game finally ended.

New Orleans (La.) Jesuit had bettered Metairie (La.) Archbishop Rummel in an 18-inning, pitchers' duel and the 2-1 victory was exactly what everyone had anticipated when it was announced that both teams would be throwing their ace pitcher.

LSU signee Mitch Sewald started for Rummel; Emerson Gibbs, a Tulane signee, for Jesuit.

Of those 501 pitches needed to decide the victory, the two young arms had accounted for 347 of them.

Sewald pitched 10 innings allowing one run on two hits. He recorded 10 strikeouts and threw 154 pitches. Gibbs pitched 15 innings allowing a single run on six hits. He recorded 13 strikeouts and accounted for 193 pitches.

Dr. James Andrews estimates he does about 500 shoulder and elbow reconstructions annually.
When Matthieu Robert scored on a Spencer Miller single to left to push Jesuit into first place in District 9-5A, the game ended. But the question remained: How much is too much?

Steve Frey , a former Major League Baseball pitcher and current pitching coach at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla., said that those pitch counts are too risky to justify.

"It is outrageous. It's off the charts," he said. "I really don't know how to respond to those numbers."

Frey said that while he is not fundamentally opposed to triple-digit pitch counts, although he did not have a pitcher throw more than 100 pitches this season, he doesn't see the upside in the high totals.

"Not on our varsity squad this year. We had a JV kid throw just over 100," he said. "It isn't that I won't let them, especially late in the season when their arms are stronger, it just doesn't benefit the player in the long term to do that."

Frey disapproves, considering those long-term effects and the strain on the arm for each player.

"Those kids are headed to LSU and Tulane, and even if they weren't, you have to consider what could happen to them in the future," he said. "It isn't right."

Both pitchers greatly exceeded the recommended 105 pitches for players aged 17-18 as set by Dr. James Andrews, the nation's leading orthopedic surgeon.

Andrews, who opened the Andrews Institute in Gulf Breeze, Fla., in 2007, has seen the increase in young arms with injuries.

"I treat young athletes from the region every week," he said.

Andrews is famously, or infamously, known for his service to the stars as most every baseball player with an elbow or shoulder injury is recommended to see the surgeon.

Following a controversial 181-pitch effort (in two games on the same day) by then soon-to-be MLB first-round draft pick Dylan Bundy, Andrews estimated he performed nearly 500 reconstructions a year.

"Just myself alone, on shoulders and elbows, probably 400 or 500 (a year)," he told the Tulsa World at the time. "In three weeks - the last two weeks of April and the first week of May - I did 36 Tommy John procedures. Most of them were high school kids. That's unbelievable. That's a major operation.

"We're seeing more of that type injury now in high school than we do in the pros and college."

Much of that, Andrews said, was because of the increased pressure to win.

"The problem is, coaches get fired in high school just like they would at the college or pro level," he said. "High school coaches don't have the number of pitchers they need, so they feel pressure to (use pitchers in too many innings). A kid goes 160 pitches on Friday night, and then on Saturday the coach asks him if he can come back for two innings."

Frey said that pressure to win may be the cause but it is not a justification.

"It is important to win, I understand that," he said. "But you cannot put the health of these players second."

As a former professional player, Frey also said that the effect of this outing may not be known immediately, especially because young players are more reluctant to admit injury.

"It could be a week from now, it could be longer," he said. "The strain may have happened right now but these kids are young and they will pitch through little things. It is when those little things start to become big will be when they look back at this game.

"There is a lot of baseball left to be played. From the professional side of this, if those kids have that talent, why risk it?"

The best recourse, according to Frey, is for the coach to be the adult in the situation and look out for the best interest of the kid.

"They will be mad at you for taking them out, sure," he said. "But they will thank you later and that is what counts."

Attempts to reach Jesuit coach Joey Latino and Rummel coach Nick Monica went unreturned.

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1355247

insane

Luca68
04-17-2012, 09:41 AM
^abosultely ridiculous, tommy john surgery for everyone

es0terik
04-17-2012, 11:22 AM
lmao go look at what Daisuke was doing before he came to the states. There's a reason why he's so crap and injury-ridden now

H-MYK
04-17-2012, 07:52 PM
Christmas came early for me. Last week, I found out that I'm getting a pay raise and the day after, the woman who does my taxes says that I'm getting a tax return of $971. Life couldn't get any sweeter.

es0terik
04-17-2012, 10:22 PM
Wow nice lol

PJ Awesome
04-19-2012, 06:23 AM
Thought you mighbt like this Es0terik, Thames' second passion - http://www.mlb.com/cutfour/article.jsp?content_id=29046846

No wonder his facial hair sometimes resembles Triple HHH

BBB
04-19-2012, 08:56 AM
Thought you mighbt like this Es0terik, Thames' second passion - http://www.mlb.com/cutfour/article.jsp?content_id=29046846

Thames said Chocolate Thunder would be is wrestler name. iirc

ChongInc.
04-19-2012, 10:47 AM
Wow... Soo pissed right now.
I had collected the complete 1st series of vintage Pokemon cards as a kid. Just took a look at my collection and my little brother and sister gave almost all of tHem away to there friends. Basically all the holographic cards are gone. I'm soo enraged words can not explain.

lexecutioner
04-19-2012, 11:13 AM
I had collected the complete 1st series of vintage Pokemon cards as a kid. Just took a look at my collection and my little brother and sister gave almost all of tHem away to there friends. Basically all the holographic cards are gone. I'm soo enraged words can not explain.

wow... thats sad.. as a card collector (NBA cards) before i know how that feels. my condolences

Tmath
04-19-2012, 11:15 AM

Lol at Pokemon

That's not nearly as bad as what my mom did. She sold my basketball card collection at a freaking garage sale without me knowing. I had like 4 pages of MJ cards, Kobe rookie card, plenty of other valuable cards. :mad:

One day I was looking for them and I couldn't find them anywhere and it just clicked that I realized she through a garage sale, I confronted her and she's like "I don't know, I may of sold them? I didn't think you collected them anymore?"

"Are you ****ing kidding me" :bang:

bomber0104
04-19-2012, 06:20 PM
Colon threw 37 straight strikes yesterday vs. the Angels.. That is sick

H-MYK
04-19-2012, 08:21 PM
I still have my old hockey cards from the early 90s. I took one look at them and instantly, I was 12 years old again.

ChongInc.
04-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Lol at Pokemon

That's not nearly as bad as what my mom did. She sold my basketball card collection at a freaking garage sale without me knowing. I had like 4 pages of MJ cards, Kobe rookie card, plenty of other valuable cards. :mad:

One day I was looking for them and I couldn't find them anywhere and it just clicked that I realized she through a garage sale, I confronted her and she's like "I don't know, I may of sold them? I didn't think you collected them anymore?"

"Are you ****ing kidding me" :bang:

I hear ya loud and clear. The same thing happened to my uncle. My grandma sold his collection of original star wars toys at a garage sale for pennies on the dollar. I'm gonna start keeping my eyes pealed for garage sales lmao!

DiehardJaysFan
04-19-2012, 09:04 PM
When are they going to update to the new hat on the main Blue Jays page???? We need to start a petition or something

Toxeryll
04-19-2012, 11:05 PM
Colon threw 37 straight strikes yesterday vs. the Angels.. That is sick

i think its 38. its actually a record. the second highest was 30. wow

es0terik
04-20-2012, 12:51 PM

Yeah I read that on a Wrestling rumors site haha, pretty sweet.

AA09-?
04-21-2012, 01:28 PM
The Rangers offense has been unreal thus far. They're already up 6-0 on Detroit and they're not even in the bottom of the 1st yet.

AA09-?
04-21-2012, 01:28 PM
8-0 still the top of the 1st.

bomber0104
04-21-2012, 01:52 PM
yeah if YU gets it, they're gonna be heading to the WS again..

bomber0104
04-21-2012, 01:52 PM
another topic..

does Evans have a chance tonight? I say no way

AA09-?
04-21-2012, 01:54 PM
yeah if YU gets it, they're gonna be heading to the WS again..

I'm not sure it matters. Between the ML depth and Farm they're unreal.

es0terik
04-21-2012, 07:02 PM
So Rangers/Tigers playing a double-header huh?

H-MYK
04-21-2012, 10:26 PM
If there's one thing about getting old that I hate is the fact that it gets harder for me to stomach the current music on the radio.

es0terik
04-21-2012, 11:54 PM
Mainstream music nowadays is absolute garbage

PJ Awesome
04-22-2012, 01:16 PM
NO ****! Hate it all.

H-MYK
04-22-2012, 10:22 PM
I was online a few nights ago and apparently Ke$ha (of Tik-Tok fame), for her 25th birthday, she had metal beads embedded on the side of her head. I'm not a fashion girl but all I can say WTF. I hate the majority of the current music so much >_<

AA09-?
04-23-2012, 09:49 AM
Mainstream music nowadays is absolute garbage

:nod:

PJ Awesome
04-23-2012, 11:09 AM
I'm 19 and I listen to Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, the Stones, Queen, Motorhead. I never got into the mainstreem ****. Though I listen to alot of metal, that's my exception

H-MYK
04-23-2012, 08:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__HeE6NWmDE

Just when music couldn't get any worse, this ends up being considered music. This song is so bad, I'd dare anyone to listen to it and not want to destroy something beautiful.

H-MYK
04-23-2012, 08:07 PM

Just when music couldn't get any worse, this ends up being considered music. This song is so bad, I'd dare anyone to listen to it and not want to destroy something beautiful.

bomber0104
04-23-2012, 11:47 PM

to be fair, no one considers this music just like no one considered "Friday" music.. the fame was mostly from all the hate it got..

times change.. i love today's music and can't stand the music of 80s and 90s..

I probably will hate today's music more and more as i get up in age.. its just a cycle really

PJ Awesome
04-24-2012, 02:28 AM
The problem now a days is, people are stupid.

bomber0104
04-24-2012, 03:52 AM
The problem now a days is, people are stupid.

I really doubt that.. i would think that humans have gotten smarter with

people before your generation probably thought your generation was stupid just like i think kids nowadays are stupid..

like i said, its a cycle

lexecutioner
04-24-2012, 09:06 AM
WTF: news of the day

Connecticut softball pitcher throws incredible all-strikeout perfect game

When Stonington (Conn.) High softball pitcher Andrea Chiaradio woke up on Saturday morning, she had no idea she was about to complete the most perfect game anyone could ever perform.

Stonington softball ace Andrea Chiaradio The Westerly Sun
As reported by the Westerly Sun and New London Day, just hours later, Chiaradio would close out a perfect game comprised of 21 strikeouts, cementing her legacy as a Connecticut legend after all but single-handedly ensuring that Stonington would knock off Norwich (Conn.) Free Academy in Stonington's 3-0 win.
Chiaradio's "perfect" perfect game came just hours before White Sox pitcher Philip Humber tossed the 21st perfect game in MLB history, making Saturday one heck of a day for shutdown pitching.
"She seemed like she just had confidence," Stonington coach Ann-Marie Houle told the New London Day. "I don't know what the heck was going on in her mind. I'm superstitious, so people were sitting on the same buckets for seven innings. But she played center field all last year and she never complained. When the coach gives you that moment and you take it ... good for her.
"All the parents stood up and gave her a standing ovation at the end."
While an all-strikeout perfect game might seem incredible enough, the circumstances surrounding Chiaradio's accomplishment make the feat all the more incredible. Norwich Free Academy entered Saturday's game on the back of a 27-hit, 26-7 victory on Thursday. That stood in stark contrast to Chiaradio's previous start, when the teen had been topped by a tough East Lyme squad. After the victory, Chiaradio -- who boasts a 3-1 record and 1.26 ERA after the perfect game, according to the Sun -- admitted she had been nervous about her chances against NFA based on those stats, despite previous impressive outings like her three-hit victory against Westerly (R.I.) High in Stonington's season opener.
In the end, the only thing the pitcher had to be concerned about was holding on to an ever elusive 21-strikeout perfect game, with only NFA's final hitter -- Emily Devito -- instilling any significant fear in the Stonington pitcher after Devito gamely fouled off a number of pitches to keep the game alive.

Considering the fact that Chiaradio had never thrown a no-hitter before, the fact that she could calmly plow through a perfect game was a truly remarkable achievement, one the pitcher was still coming to grips with after the game.

Andrea Chiaradio, who tossed a perfect game The Westerly Sun
"This was my first no-hitter in high school," Chiaradio told the Sun. "I probably was aware of it in about the fifth inning when a few of the girls on the bench said something about it when we were at bat. I knocked on wood. I tried not to think about it and not to psyche myself out. I just concentrated on getting the rest of the outs.
"I had a few 3-2 counts so that was close. And they tried bunting a few times, but they either fouled it off or just couldn't get it down. The last batter was left-handed and fouled a few pitches off. I got kind of nervous. Then I threw a fastball on the outside corner for the last strike and it was all over."
With that outside fastball, Devito went down, as had all previous 20 batters, sewing up a truly remarkable day for a player who had never even pitched at the varsity level before the 2012 season. Something tells Prep Rally that based on her most recent success, Chiaradio will get plenty of chances to pitch in the future.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/connecticut-softball-pitcher-throws-incredible-strikeout-perfect-game-153319491.html

dont care if its bush league still awesome :)

H-MYK
04-24-2012, 08:21 PM
to be fair, no one considers this music just like no one considered "Friday" music.. the fame was mostly from all the hate it got..

times change.. i love today's music and can't stand the music of 80s and 90s..

I probably will hate today's music more and more as i get up in age.. its just a cycle really

I'm starting to think that because of Rebecca Black, it has opened the doorway for people with no singing talent to sing anyway. The more haters they get, the more exposure it gets.

If you like today's current music, that's ok. Not going to ***** at you over it. I just can't really stand it, probably because I'm getting old, I'm 27.

es0terik
04-26-2012, 01:52 PM
When I say I don't like today's music, I'm talking about the VERY mainstream music, stuff like Drake, Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus. I admit that these people have talent but they're using it to make garbage music. I do like today's music in the sense that I love a lot of bands that are considered mainstream but obviously don't get as much exposure as a "Friday". I listen to Shinedown, Skillet, Disturbed, Hollywood Undead, Immortal Technique, Army of the Pharaohs, Akon, Usher, Nickelback, Mariana's Trench, etc, etc, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aJUnltwsqs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hez6tDpiWDA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2r8kBnGtAU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji6gOoVIH3w

lexecutioner
04-26-2012, 02:48 PM
I dont know guys im still fairly young (25) And i can say i do love the music of The beattles, Queen, Elvis, The platters, Bon Jovi, Nirvana and those guys. Thing is i never grew up listening them its just listening to todays mostly auto tune songs, Raps that mostly have garbage lyrics and meaning its meh. Too bad i didnt grew up watching concerts of the music legends, Dont get me wrong as Bomber said its a cycle, each generation has craps and classics but right now i dont like where music is heading. Too much garbage music for me. Its just my opinion though.

Bob_at_york
04-26-2012, 02:55 PM
I dont know guys im still fairly young (25) And i can say i do love the music of The beattles, Queen, Elvis, The platters, Bon Jovi, Nirvana and those guys.

I like a lot of those too.

PJ Awesome
04-27-2012, 11:08 AM
I really doubt that.. i would think that humans have gotten smarter with

people before your generation probably thought your generation was stupid just like i think kids nowadays are stupid..

like i said, its a cycle

I dunno man, have you ever seen Jersey Shore?

bomber0104
04-27-2012, 12:11 PM
I dunno man, have you ever seen Jersey Shore?

yeah.. and i loved it in its first season.. its just a fad. It was something new that hasn't been seen before and I really enjoyed it. But like most of these no substance fads, it got old in a hurry

H-MYK
04-27-2012, 08:05 PM
I could never understand why people are obsessed with that show. I always found the cast to be rather obnoxious. I can look at some of the stuff on MTV, think back to what it was 10-15 years ago and I can't believe that this used to be the same network that would play music videos and decent animation.

PJ Awesome
04-29-2012, 03:02 PM
I could never understand why people are obsessed with that show. I always found the cast to be rather obnoxious. I can look at some of the stuff on MTV, think back to what it was 10-15 years ago and I can't believe that this used to be the same network that would play music videos and decent animation.

No ****ing ****

bomber0104
04-29-2012, 03:49 PM

you watch it and then ask yourself "why did i waste an hour of my life doing this?"

but ur right back watching the next week.. just something about that show

but it did get old and they were right to end it

H-MYK
04-29-2012, 08:04 PM
My friend wrote on his Facebook status one time "It will be my mission to destroy the Jersey Shore cast in one fell swoop. I will take the Heath Ledger Joker approach and people will die."

Now I want to watch The Dark Knight again.

es0terik
05-02-2012, 02:00 PM
:laugh:

the_jon
05-03-2012, 05:32 PM
I didn't know the Jays forum even had an OT thread. Why the hell is this not sticky'd?

es0terik
05-04-2012, 02:42 AM
I didn't know the Jays forum even had an OT thread. Why the hell is this not sticky'd?

lmao because nobody believes that it will last. I don't know I guess the people in this forum just aren't that interested in talking about non-baseball related stuff. When I created this OTT the Wrestling forum was on #24. We are not even a quarter way through our first and they are already on #45 LOL.

Plus, people post lots of OTT things in the Jays forum in their own threads for some reason. Something like the beat the streak thing was perfect for an OTT but it needed it's own thread lol.

es0terik
05-04-2012, 02:43 AM
Incredibly, INCREDIBLY hot chick all over Brett Lawrie in this video:

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=21062901&c_id=mlb

Pretty epic that Victoria's Secret is releasing a Toronto Blue Jays line.

es0terik
05-04-2012, 02:57 AM
Someone named "Got Heem" just signed up to the Jays forum LOL

If anyone doesn't get it:

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=20689963

Hilarious video, especially near the end.

tededfred
05-04-2012, 03:27 AM
Incredibly, INCREDIBLY hot chick all over Brett Lawrie in this video:

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=21062901&c_id=mlb

Pretty epic that Victoria's Secret is releasing a Toronto Blue Jays line.

I'd say your assessment was pretty much spot on.

es0terik
05-04-2012, 03:30 PM
Best YouTube comments section ever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9DuWzw9wAk

H-MYK
05-04-2012, 08:16 PM
If there's one thing about this weather that I like, it's breaking out the shorts.

PJ Awesome
05-05-2012, 04:32 PM
Oh ya? well where I live, it's rained 6 out of the last 7 days.

TO Rapz
05-05-2012, 04:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbogpdmkAPw

Meek Mill's dreamchasers 2 drops in a few days. So exciteddddd..

bomber0104
05-05-2012, 06:48 PM
If there's one thing about this weather that I like, it's breaking out the shorts.

i ****ing despise the winter... i wish i lived in Florida or California

H-MYK
05-05-2012, 08:15 PM
Oh ya? well where I live, it's rained 6 out of the last 7 days.

Ugh, that has to suck. But then again, it's spring. I actually like the rain, especially when it's at night.

es0terik
05-06-2012, 02:25 AM
I wore shorts whenever I was home all winter long

H-MYK
05-06-2012, 08:20 PM
i ****ing despise the winter... i wish i lived in Florida or California

I actually don't mind the winter. As much as I enjoyed Florida, I don't think I could see myself living there.

Bob_at_york
05-06-2012, 10:27 PM
My uncle died on thursday after a year long battle with cancer. He was a big baseball fan, at his house I found Lindy's 2012 Baseball preview beside his chair. At the Jays preview page, he had his own personal notes listed. He wrote down waiver claims on a scrap of paper (e.g. Cole Kimball, Carpenter, etc.). He wrote down tons of Jays transactions. Also any changes to the roster since the magazine was printed, he added the guy (e.g. Vizquel). He was the type of fan who wrote out the whole gamesheet when he was at the dome. I am going to miss him. Just felt like sharing.

AA09-?
05-07-2012, 11:21 AM
My uncle died on thursday after a year long battle with cancer. He was a big baseball fan, at his house I found Lindy's 2012 Baseball preview beside his chair. At the Jays preview page, he had his own personal notes listed. He wrote down waiver claims on a scrap of paper (e.g. Cole Kimball, Carpenter, etc.). He wrote down tons of Jays transactions. Also any changes to the roster since the magazine was printed, he added the guy (e.g. Vizquel). He was the type of fan who wrote out the whole gamesheet when he was at the dome. I am going to miss him. Just felt like sharing.

Sorry for your loss Bob. :(

H-MYK
05-07-2012, 07:46 PM

I'm sorry to hear that, Bob. :(

bomber0104
05-08-2012, 03:12 AM

my condolences .. another soul lost to this horrible disease

H-MYK
05-09-2012, 08:03 PM
If there's one thing about the warm weather that I'm dreading is the day people start *****ing about how hot the weather is. And these are the same people who complain about how cold the winter is. Just annoying.

fatkev78
05-10-2012, 05:15 AM

That ****ing sucks man, sorry for your loss - it sounds like he was a cool guy.
I can't believe it's 2012 and we haven't found a cure yet.

es0terik
05-14-2012, 07:50 PM

My condolences for your loss :/

An uncle of mine just passed away last night to cancer and I just got home from the funeral two years ago. I wasn't close to him at all but I knew his sons well.

PJ Awesome
05-23-2012, 11:34 AM
I **** captain crunch.

H-MYK
05-23-2012, 08:01 PM
Do they still make that cereal?

es0terik
05-24-2012, 02:15 AM

This was my thought when I read that comment LOL

Bob_at_york
05-24-2012, 07:45 AM

yes, i saw it was on sale at no frills.

AA09-?
05-24-2012, 10:53 AM
yes, i saw it was on sale at no frills.

Gotta love No Frills.

H-MYK
05-24-2012, 07:57 PM
I'm not really a cereal person, if I end up having it, I'll have All Bran. I don't know what it is about Bran stuff, like muffins, cereal, bars, I like it.

PJ Awesome
05-24-2012, 11:24 PM
Mini Wheat's and Honey Comb for the win!

es0terik
05-27-2012, 05:04 AM
Lucky Charms all the way

Btw we're talking about cereal LOL. This is the most depressing OTT on PSD

BBB
05-27-2012, 06:52 AM
Cinnamon toast crunch and Frosted flakes. All day every day!

AA09-?
05-27-2012, 08:35 AM
Cinnamon toast crunch and Frost flakes. All day every day!

:clap:

H-MYK
05-27-2012, 08:16 PM
Does anyone have an idea of what are people's obsessions with tanning? Every now and then, I'll see someone who's so tanned, you'd mistake them for one of the Oompa-Loompas from Carlie and the Chocolate Factory

TO Rapz
05-27-2012, 08:24 PM
Lucky Charms all the way

Btw we're talking about cereal LOL. This is the most depressing OTT on PSD

:laugh: x2.

Bob_at_york
05-28-2012, 11:20 AM
Cin Toast Crunch is one of my favourites. I also really like the Cinnamon Life cereal but you can't find it everywhere.

H-MYK
05-28-2012, 08:08 PM
If there's one thing I'm thankful for right now, it's air conditioning. Damn, summer is so impatient.

es0terik
05-28-2012, 11:30 PM
If there's one thing I'm thankful for right now, it's air conditioning. Damn, summer is so impatient.
I know, it's so hot already :/

Does anyone have an idea of what are people's obsessions with tanning? Every now and then, I'll see someone who's so tanned, you'd mistake them for one of the Oompa-Loompas from Carlie and the Chocolate Factory

The whole Jersey Shore generation is ridiculous.

bomber0104
05-29-2012, 03:34 AM

i'll take 35 over -5 any day of the week

H-MYK
05-30-2012, 08:10 PM

Right now, it's not as bad as say 2 days ago, but it's crazy. I was talking to this one girl and she just moved into a townhouse with no air conditioning, she only got 2 hours of sleep. Talk about trying to sleep in hell.

Bob_at_york
05-31-2012, 10:43 AM
tweaked my knee a couple of weeks ago. I can finally jog again. I miss playing basketball.

H-MYK
05-31-2012, 08:00 PM
^^That's no fun. At least you're ok now.

bomber0104
05-31-2012, 08:19 PM
feeling sick as a mother****er.. thing i hate most in the world and it rarely happens to me..

horrible timing with my cousin's wedding Tomorrow.. gonna be hard to drink when ur feeling awful

Toxeryll
06-02-2012, 01:36 AM
http://deadspin.com/5915116/which-mets-players-dong-did-sny-broadcast-after-santanas-no+hitter-nsfw

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 02:37 AM
http://deadspin.com/5915116/which-mets-players-dong-did-sny-broadcast-after-santanas-no+hitter-nsfw

haha.. you'd think they let them finish showering before allowing the media in.. that was ****ing halarious

H-MYK
06-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Has anyone ever seen this one show called "Toddlers & Tiaras"? It's got to be one of the most horrific things ever to be placed on the air. What it is parents dress their kids up to compete for beauty pageants. Just horrible.

bomber0104
06-03-2012, 11:27 PM
Has anyone ever seen this one show called "Toddlers & Tiaras"? It's got to be one of the most horrific things ever to be placed on the air. What it is parents dress their kids up to compete for beauty pageants. Just horrible.

some sad stuff

AA09-?
06-04-2012, 09:59 AM

Yup there are some crazy mothers on that show. Be thankful if your mother is nothing like them.

es0terik
06-04-2012, 12:48 PM
The weather is so messed up here. I swear it's so hot one day that I have to sleep in barely nothing and the next day Im huddled in a fat blanket shivering all night.

H-MYK
06-04-2012, 08:01 PM
some sad stuff

My friend best said it in this post on Facebook: "Seriously WTF? I sat there with my jaw open at these parents and these kids...We give you freedom and choice to do whatever you want and you do it to dress your kids up like a freak show version of Halloween! NO! Just what in the hell is wrong with people? I mean these kids look like someone scaled down a person to 1/4 scale and its goddamn disturbing!"

bomber0104
06-05-2012, 12:33 AM
My friend best said it in this post on Facebook: "Seriously WTF? I sat there with my jaw open at these parents and these kids...We give you freedom and choice to do whatever you want and you do it to dress your kids up like a freak show version of Halloween! NO! Just what in the hell is wrong with people? I mean these kids look like someone scaled down a person to 1/4 scale and its goddamn disturbing!"

i remember catching a glimpse once and it was the dad speaking and they put his name on the screen with the title "pageant dad" under it.. and he was talking about how his whole life is about those pageants that his daughter enters

H-MYK
06-05-2012, 08:02 PM
i remember catching a glimpse once and it was the dad speaking and they put his name on the screen with the title "pageant dad" under it.. and he was talking about how his whole life is about those pageants that his daughter enters

Have you ever noticed how some parents nowadays push their kids into doing stuff that they don't want to do or get so ridiculously involved in their kids' activities? I was having a conversation with one of my co-workers and he said that parents do this because they want their kids to live the life that their parents never had. It's really sad, just let them be kids.

lexecutioner
06-06-2012, 08:40 AM
hey guys! so stocked my family is fairly new to Canada (5 years) I fell inlove with baseball as soon as i saw it. Every year we watch atleast once a year on RC. (wish it can be more) anyways we got a ticket for June 17 fathers day game vs the Phillies any chance to see whose probable starter for that? also if im not mistaken there is a giveaway for first 20k people (replica batting helmet) havent participated on those so you how many hours before gametime you guys think we should be there to get it? so stoked! Its my wife's first time also to watch the game live (she got here last year). thoughts??

Bob_at_york
06-06-2012, 09:47 AM
I got my PS3 hooked up. I need to get a "log-in" or whatever to go online. I am excited!

H-MYK
06-06-2012, 08:09 PM
The weather is so messed up here. I swear it's so hot one day that I have to sleep in barely nothing and the next day Im huddled in a fat blanket shivering all night.

I agree, it's pretty weird. Now, it's cloudy and I read that it might rain tomorrow.

fatkev78
06-08-2012, 06:42 PM
hey guys! so stocked my family is fairly new to Canada (5 years) I fell inlove with baseball as soon as i saw it. Every year we watch atleast once a year on RC. (wish it can be more) anyways we got a ticket for June 17 fathers day game vs the Phillies any chance to see whose probable starter for that? also if im not mistaken there is a giveaway for first 20k people (replica batting helmet) havent participated on those so you how many hours before gametime you guys think we should be there to get it? so stoked! Its my wife's first time also to watch the game live (she got here last year). thoughts??

Cool, welcome to Canada!
June 17th is a ways off, so it might be difficult to accurately pick a starter.
The gates usually open about an hour and a half before the 1st pitch...I suspect it will be a big crowd for the Phillies on Fathers Day.
I hope your wife enjoys her 1st game!

H-MYK
06-08-2012, 07:53 PM

Where are you from originally?

bomber0104
06-08-2012, 07:57 PM

from the avatar, that looks like a phillipines flag

lexecutioner
06-08-2012, 07:59 PM

if you check my avatar you can guess where i am from originally :)

and thanks for the info's guys!

H-MYK
06-08-2012, 08:01 PM
if you check my avatar you can guess where i am from originally :)

and thanks for the info's guys!

I had no idea, it's been ages since I last took Geography.

lexecutioner
06-08-2012, 08:12 PM
from the avatar, that looks like a phillipines flag

correct :clap:

PJ Awesome
06-08-2012, 10:07 PM
I got my PS3 hooked up. I need to get a "log-in" or whatever to go online. I am excited!

When you do, make sure to add me up! SNIP3R-ST3V3O (Upper case O at the end, not a zero)

H-MYK
06-09-2012, 08:02 PM

I've been wanting to get a PS3 for about a year, mostly because I want to play some of their exclusives. The only thing I'm trying to figure out is how to set it up so that and my 360 can be in the same place so if I want to play either console, I can pick up a controller and play. I think that now is a good time to get one because I'm really starting to make some money and I read that next-gen Playstation could come out next year.

Toxeryll
06-10-2012, 05:26 AM
#RIPboxing cant believe Pacquiao got robbed.

H-MYK
06-10-2012, 08:13 PM
^^ What happened? I didn't watch it last night, but I heard not too many people are happy about it.

Toxeryll
06-10-2012, 11:03 PM
^^ What happened? I didn't watch it last night, but I heard not too many people are happy about it.

two judges gave the fight to bradley and the one judge that gave it to pacquiao had the fight close (115-113). the results shouldnt even be that close, it was a total domination by pacquiao. pacquiao landed almost twice as much punches than bradley and still lost. thats it, im not buying another pay-per-view again lol

bomber0104
06-10-2012, 11:31 PM
#RIPboxing cant believe Pacquiao got robbed.

i turned it off after the 10th round thinking its pretty much over.. was gonna check back in a 10 mins or so but i fell asleep.. then i wake up and see the headline on Yahoo...

it fricken ridiculous

H-MYK
06-11-2012, 07:52 PM
two judges gave the fight to bradley and the one judge that gave it to pacquiao had the fight close (115-113). the results shouldnt even be that close, it was a total domination by pacquiao. pacquiao landed almost twice as much punches than bradley and still lost. thats it, im not buying another pay-per-view again lol

That sucks for Pacquiao, did the judges even watch the fight or did they just come up with some random number?

lexecutioner
06-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Man dont get me started on the Pacquiao fight.. its painful for us pinoys lol. Any sane person cannot justify how Bradley won that one. And that is really why i love MMA more than Boxing... lots of BS and politics on that tainted sport.

Anyways. Got my new PC and started Diablo 3!

es0terik
06-11-2012, 08:47 PM
Man dont get me started on the Pacquiao fight.. its painful for us pinoys lol. Any sane person cannot justify how Bradley won that one. And that is really why i love MMA more than Boxing... lots of BS and politics on that tainted sport.

Anyways. Got my new PC and started Diablo 3!

I heard it was kind of a disappointing for a game that was hyped so much for the past four years.

lexecutioner
06-11-2012, 10:10 PM
I heard it was kind of a disappointing for a game that was hyped so much for the past four years.

well judging from what im seeing right now I was extremely impressed. I know all those negative reviews thats why I didnt put too much expectations on it, But its still my first purchase (probly the reason why i finally decided to buy a gaming desktop) due to the fact its been 10 freakin years since ive waited on this one.

Game looks awesome. Still have that Diablo feel but it doesnt feel like you are out of date against the new games. Lots of things they improved (duh 10 years should be enough). Graphics are great, I love the way they present the game. Voice acting is superb.

Lacking the offline option though.. The main issue is server problem but i never have problem with that so.. yeah well worth the money bro.

H-MYK
06-12-2012, 08:15 PM
I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't played Diablo 3. I may need to get a new laptop pretty soon, this one is starting to show its age. Also, I'm too busy with Prototype 2.

Bob_at_york
06-13-2012, 10:43 AM
I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't played Diablo 3. I may need to get a new laptop pretty soon, this one is starting to show its age. Also, I'm too busy with Prototype 2.

I have never played any "Diablo" game. If that makes you feel better.

es0terik
06-13-2012, 07:54 PM
I have never played any "Diablo" game. If that makes you feel better.

I haven't either :)

H-MYK
06-13-2012, 08:03 PM
Well, 2 high schools are going to be shutting down in my region by the end of this year. One of them is a school in which it's one of those last resort types where it's for kids who are complete screwups, the majority of them.

AA09-?
06-22-2012, 06:53 AM
Miami Heat win....**** that ****.

Bob_at_york
06-22-2012, 09:54 AM
Miami Heat win....**** that ****.

as much as we don't like it, the way Lebron was playing... he deserves it. I am happy for players like Battier, Anthony and Howard.

Krylian
06-22-2012, 11:40 AM
I hate LeBron very much.

lexecutioner
06-22-2012, 12:10 PM
I hate LeBron very much.

same here. something about him that screams classless

Toxeryll
06-22-2012, 08:02 PM
i used to hate lebron but with the way he played the finals, he deserved it. hopefully thats his last championship.

AA09-?
06-23-2012, 09:51 AM
My only hope is that OKC learned a lot and if they make it to the finals next year they will win. That and the Raps miraculously turn things around.LOL

H-MYK
06-23-2012, 08:14 PM
I didn't really care which team won the NBA Championship, all I ask is for people to shut up about Lebron leaving Cleveland. It sucks that he left, but the way people handled it is ridiculous.

lexecutioner
06-24-2012, 11:09 PM
Had a great weekend!! Went to Wonderland with Wife and her cousins. And guess who is doing his Offseason Training there? Raptors SG Demar Derozan! saw him shooting at the 3 point contest like playground and he scores a measly 3 points lol! I bested him with 7 and got myself a ball as a prize. He was nice and didnt snob me and a few who recognize him and got a pic of me with him aswell! Great weekend.

Toxeryll
06-24-2012, 11:34 PM
Had a great weekend!! Went to Wonderland with Wife and her cousins. And guess who is doing his Offseason Training there? Raptors SG Demar Derozan! saw him shooting at the 3 point contest like playground and he scores a measly 3 points lol! I bested him with 7 and got myself a ball as a prize. He was nice and didnt snob me and a few who recognize him and got a pic of me with him aswell! Great weekend.

wow, u lucky SOB

lexecutioner
06-24-2012, 11:43 PM
wow, u lucky SOB

yeah lol first ever i saw some athlete that close and interact with them so its really fun. Good thing DD didn't make it bad for me. I am usually shy in person but as soon as i saw him I was like "hey Demar how are you!" lol. He was nice

H-MYK
06-25-2012, 08:18 PM
I've never been to Canada's Wonderland. I'm not really a theme park person.

Bob_at_york
06-26-2012, 09:43 AM
I've never been to Canada's Wonderland. I'm not really a theme park person.

I haven't been in years. I like rides but i hate long line-ups.