PDA

View Full Version : JaVale McGee wants $14 Mill/Year

shep33
03-14-2012, 05:21 PM
Take your mind off the Howard talk and listen to what that 17th best center in the NBA wants.

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2012/3/14/2871292/nba-trade-rumors-2012-javale-mcgee-wizards

And you know what? I'd give it to him. He's the most entertaining player in the NBA today

kblo247
03-14-2012, 05:23 PM
Funnier than his highlight reel .. Sad thing is he will get damn close

Hellcrooner
03-14-2012, 05:24 PM
I want to get paid that much too.

jd25213
:laugh:

Bruno
:laugh2:

*Superman*
LOL! Biggest bonehead asking for dough.

Raph12
03-14-2012, 05:26 PM
Overrated.

IndyRealist
03-14-2012, 05:26 PM
I want to get OVERpaid that much too.

Fixed.

CB29
03-14-2012, 05:28 PM
its funny cause his blooper reel is longer than his highlight reel.

DerekRE_3
03-14-2012, 05:30 PM
Javele's swag alone is worth 15 mil a year.

Nighthawk
03-14-2012, 05:30 PM
hes atleast worth 10-12 per year. Wont get 14 mill but why not demand high and negotiate down

Sadds The Gr8
03-14-2012, 05:31 PM
This shouldn't surpise people. All u need to do is look up his youtube fails to see how ****in stupid he is. He needs to put down the crackpipe

justinnum1
03-14-2012, 05:32 PM
this is awesome

waveycrockett
03-14-2012, 05:34 PM
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHH AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH AHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAH AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA HHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHHAHAHAHAH

"whew"

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHH AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

JNA17
03-14-2012, 05:39 PM
hes atleast worth 10-12 per year.

No he's not. At all...or even close. Anything higher then 5-6 mill per year and I would ship his *** out. What has he proven to earn that kind of money?

Whats the point of the lockout if we still got dumb players like this that still demand this ridiciculas amount of money and owners stupidly give in?

Furymaker
03-14-2012, 05:42 PM
really Javale ?

GiantsSwaGG
03-14-2012, 05:42 PM
Who?

ChiSox219
03-14-2012, 05:44 PM
No he's not. At all...or even close. Anything higher then 5-6 mill per year and I would ship his *** out. What has he proven to earn that kind of money?

Whats the point of the lockout if we still got dumb players like this that still demand this ridiciculas amount of money and owners stupidly give in?

He's proven that he's 7 feet tall and athletic, in the NBA that's worth $10 million

Westbrook36
03-14-2012, 05:46 PM
He's proven that he's 7 feet tall and athletic, in the NBA that's worth $10 million

Samuel Dalembert killed the 76ers with his awful contract, pass on that type of deal. I realize having a 7 footer is really nice who is as athletic as McGee, but he's also a complete bonehead.

Fresno
03-14-2012, 05:47 PM

He's proven that hes 7'1 and isn't a "stiff" with no skills.

You've watched the NBA long enough to know that there is a huge premium on Center's. Espescially ones who are young, mobile, athletic, & are productive getting points, rebounds, and can block shots.

DeAndre Jordan averaged 7 PPG 7 RPG and got $10 Million per year last offseason based on his "size" and "upside". That "upside" has allowed him to average 7 PPG 8 RPG this season.

JaVale McGee is the better player, his numbers improve each season, & some NBA team is going to pay him for his "upside" in hopes he gets a coach who will help develop him.

McGee has a lot of raw talent right now, but his mistakes on the court consistently symbolizes a lack of focus and maturity on his part.

justinnum1
03-14-2012, 05:48 PM
athletically hes worth 14mil, mentally hes not worth ****

so maybe 7mil...

llemon
03-14-2012, 05:48 PM
This is an incredible coincidence.

I too want $14 mil a year.

I'm stunned that both I and JaVale want exactly the same amount of monetary compensation per year.

Life. It's crazy, man.

ChiSox219
03-14-2012, 05:50 PM

You've watched the NBA long enough to know that there is a huge premium on Center's. Espescially ones who are young, mobile, athletic, & are productive getting points, rebounds, and can block shots.

DeAndre Jordan averaged 7 PPG 7 RPG and got $10 Million per year last offseason based on his "size" and "upside". That "upside" has allowed him to average 7 PPG 8 RPG this season.

JaVale McGee is the better player, his numbers improve each season, & some NBA team is going to pay him for his "upside" in hopes he gets a coach who will help develop him.

McGee has a lot of raw talent right now, but his mistakes on the court consistently symbolizes a lack of focus and maturity on his part.

+1

It would help him a lot to be in a more structured environment

Beantownsboss
03-14-2012, 05:52 PM
LMAO. This dude isn't worth 14/mil a year. No way in H*LL is he getting that from anybody. Dude just puts up semi-decent numbers because he is on a bad team. If he was on a good team IMO he wouldn't be posting numbers that high. If he was so good and worth 14 mil a year, then don't you think the Wiz would have a semi-decent record this year.

Fresno
03-14-2012, 05:53 PM
Samuel Dalembert killed the 76ers with his awful contract, pass on that type of deal. I realize having a 7 footer is really nice who is as athletic as McGee, but he's also a complete bonehead.
Andrew Bynum got a $14 Million per year extension from the Lakers after his 3rd season having averaged only 13/10/2 in just 35 games.

He was overpaid on the front end in hopes his game would develop on the back end of the contract and now hes definetly worth the the salary hes being paid this season and next season.

The same will happen with Javale McGee, although nobody knows if it'll pay off in the end.

Samuel Dalembert is a poor comparison because JaVale McGee is generally considered to have a very high upside to become an impact player at C. Dalembert didn't have the skills or athletic ability of McGee, and was overpaid because Billy King knows nothing but to overpay role players.

lakersfan01
03-14-2012, 05:54 PM
This guy makes the bonehead play of the night every time he plays. $14 million, ouch.

BranWingss
03-14-2012, 05:55 PM
That a hometown discount?

JNA17
03-14-2012, 05:56 PM

wow, 7'1. By that logic, guys like Shawn Bradly should earn 15 mill+ per year!

The guy is athletic, thats it. No team in their right mind pays a guy that much money because their athletic.

I don't care how big the holes are for centers in this current league or how Jordan got $10 mill. That should actually encourage the owners to put their freaking foot down and say screw you, a player like you is a dime a dozen in this current league. Id rather be dead then pay you that kind of money.

Otherwise eventually in the future, centers that average as you said 7 points and 7 boards will get $15 mill per year. There are only two centers in the league that have earned this kind of money: Dwight Howard, and Andrew Bynum. Both all star starting centers and both playing great.

Raph12
03-14-2012, 05:59 PM
its funny cause his blooper reel is longer than his highlight reel.

Awesome sig dude, that's like me as a kid, except I was mostly just into big boobs... I guess some things never change.

Fresno
03-14-2012, 05:59 PM
+1

It would help him a lot to be in a more structured environment
Exactly.

He has no "big man coach" in Washington to work with him each day like most NBA teams have. The guy who works with the big men in Washington is Don Zierden, a guy who joined the Wizards staff after coaching a WNBA team. How far off would Andrew Bynum be without 1 on 1 coaching from Kareem Abdul-Jabaar? Dwight Howard being coached by Patrick Ewing and working out with Hakeem?

Not to mention there isn't any coach or veterans on that team to create a professional environment for those young players. Its basically like an AAU team out there because the young players are running the show with no direction.

Vincent
03-14-2012, 06:00 PM
JaVale is a pretty decent player

Especially for legit 7 footer.

That being said, the market definitely won't net him 14 million per. He's going to be very disappointed when he actually hits free agency.

meloman1592
03-14-2012, 06:06 PM
14 million for comedy?

ACanadian
03-14-2012, 06:11 PM
I would do a 3 year 30 million contract with him but that's it...

Fresno
03-14-2012, 06:13 PM
wow, 7'1. By that logic, guys like Shawn Bradly should earn 15 mill+ per year!
The guy is athletic, thats it. No team in their right mind pays a guy that much money because their athletic.

Did you completely overlook the point about him not being a "stiff" or do you simply not understand what that term means? Be honest.

Fact of the matter is that him being 7'1, athletic, mobile, and having "skills" to be effective on offense and defense makes him extremely valuable in the NBA. When you factor in that he just turned 24 and thats why he gets a big deal. Most C's in the NBA can't affect the game on the defensive end the way that JaVale does by blocking shots or changing shots. He puts up a good Rebounding Rate and he has offensive skills outside of just dunking the ball, which people seem to not notice because they dont watch Wizards games.

So many 7'0 footers in the NBA aren't even athletic but also have no ability to do anything on the floor except stand around and pick up fouls. Those guys end up being paid with getting contracts worth the MLE or bigger, but still end up overpaid in basketball circles.

I don't care how big the holes are for centers in this current league or how Jordan got $10 mill. That should actually encourage the owners to put their freaking foot down and say screw you, a player like you is a dime a dozen in this current league. Id rather be dead then pay you that kind of money.
DeAndre Jordan's deal and the rise of the Los Angeles Clippers is one of the reasons why JaVale McGee will get a deal like that.

Without DeAndre Jordan anchoring the C position, although hes not "worth" $10 Million, the Clippers wouldn't be considered a threat moving forward in the Western Conference.

Hes a key part of their "core" with CP3 & Griffin.

If the Clippers win a Championship it will be because DeAndre Jordan made an impact in the Playoffs holding down their defense, grabbing boards, and keeping guys out of the paint. Same thing Tyson Chandler did last year for Dallas and got $14 Million per year despite being 29 years old.

Otherwise eventually in the future, centers that average as you said 7 points and 7 boards will get $15 mill per year. There are only two centers in the league that have earned this kind of money: Dwight Howard, and Andrew Bynum. Both all star starting centers and both playing great.
Dwight Howard was a #1 pick and earned his deal.

However as I pointed out above, Andrew Bynum received a 4/$58 Million Dollar contract after averaging similar numbers to McGee in only 35 games for the Lakers. Thats a small sample size to give a C that large of a contract, but he had the "tools" to become an All Star C in the NBA when he finally put it together. Finally, after several of years of development he is now worth the contract he was given in Year 3 of it.

JaVale McGee has similar "tools" to become an All Star C just like Bynum has become. The difference is that he wasn't drafted into the Lakers where everyone could see his game and talk about how good he could become when he matures and gets his head in the game.

Fresno
03-14-2012, 06:18 PM
JaVale is a pretty decent player

Especially for legit 7 footer.

That being said, the market definitely won't net him 14 million per. He's going to be very disappointed when he actually hits free agency.

$14 Million is actually realistic if multiple teams are interested in him and force his value up.

Otherwise $10.5 Million is the starting point.

He'll get paid as much as Hibbert and Lopez, just depends on what they get offered.

NoahH
03-14-2012, 06:25 PM
Just give him max lol

JNA17
03-14-2012, 06:26 PM
DeAndre Jordan's deal and the rise of the Los Angeles Clippers is one of the reasons why JaVale McGee will get a deal like that.

Without DeAndre Jordan anchoring the C position, although hes not "worth" $10 Million, the Clippers wouldn't be considered a threat moving forward in the Western Conference.

Hes a key part of their "core" with CP3 & Griffin.

If the Clippers win a Championship it will be because DeAndre Jordan made an impact in the Playoffs holding down their defense, grabbing boards, and keeping guys out of the paint. Same thing Tyson Chandler did last year for Dallas and got $14 Million per year despite being 29 years old.

Dwight Howard was a #1 pick and earned his deal.

However as I pointed out above, Andrew Bynum received a 4/$58 Million Dollar contract after averaging similar numbers to McGee in only 35 games for the Lakers. Thats a small sample size to give a C that large of a contract, but he had the "tools" to become an All Star C in the NBA when he finally put it together. Finally, after several of years of development he is now worth the contract he was given in Year 3 of it.

JaVale McGee has similar "tools" to become an All Star C just like Bynum has become. The difference is that he wasn't drafted into the Lakers where everyone could see his game and talk about how good he could become when he matures and gets his head in the game.

Clippers are on the rise because THEY ACQUIRED THE BEST POINT GUARD IN THE DAMN LEAGUE! Jordan has absolutely noting to with it. And Caron Butler and Billups in the beginning MIGHT have something to do with it as well. Just MAYBE...

Andrew Bynum was always worth the type of money he signed into, even during that time. The lakers before they acquired Pau were in first place in the West by a pretty big margin and Bynum had a lot to do with that until he got injured in a freak accident. Bynum is playing the way everybody knew he would play when healthy, that's why he earned the money. No, not just earned, but during the time he signed the deal, it was a total steal.

McGee has done nothing for the Wizards, has not shown any flashes that he can be a 20+ and 12+ player (because that's what 14+ mill per year is), all he has shown is that he can play some defense and that he's athletic. Thats it. Not even Roy Hibbert is worth that type of money and he was a damn all star and 50x better then McGee is and will ever be.

John Walls Era
03-14-2012, 06:27 PM
Early April Fools

chicago lulz
03-14-2012, 06:31 PM
McGee knows how to bring the laughs on AND off the court

Baller1
03-14-2012, 06:32 PM
Overrated.

I honestly don't even think he's overrated, he's just THAT ****ing dumb.

superwill
03-14-2012, 06:33 PM
Clippers are on the rise because THEY ACQUIRED THE BEST POINT GUARD IN THE DAMN LEAGUE! Jordan has absolutely noting to with it. And Caron Butler and Billups in the beginning MIGHT have something to do with it as well. Just MAYBE...

Andrew Bynum was always worth the type of money he signed into, even during that time. The lakers before they acquired Pau were in first place in the West by a pretty big margin and Bynum had a lot to do with that until he got injured in a freak accident. Bynum is playing the way everybody knew he would play when healthy, that's why he earned the money. No, not just earned, but during the time he signed the deal, it was a total steal.

McGee has done nothing for the Wizards, has not shown any flashes that he can be a 20+ and 12+ player (because that's what 14+ mill per year is), all he has shown is that he can play some defense and that he's athletic. Thats it. Not even Roy Hibbert is worth that type of money and he was a damn all star and 50x better then McGee is and will ever be.

What did DeAndre Jordan show to get what he got 10 mil a year.

Jint.
03-14-2012, 06:34 PM
good one JaVale :clap:

JNA17
03-14-2012, 06:40 PM
What did DeAndre Jordan show to get what he got 10 mil a year.

Nothing. Thats the point. Players like Jordan and mcgee show nothing to earn all star money when their not in fact all stars. They might not be all stars ever even with the way their playing.

Owners and GMs are the ones NOW that need to put their foot down and say screw you to these dumb arrogant players.

j-bay
03-14-2012, 06:44 PM
I bet you JaVale's mom is telling him all this

The goods
03-14-2012, 06:47 PM
Hahahaha,maybe if he got his head on straight first. Lol

dalton749
03-14-2012, 06:52 PM
Only if rashard lewis and andre blatche get a raise too

superwill
03-14-2012, 06:54 PM
Nothing. Thats the point. Players like Jordan and mcgee show nothing to earn all star money when their not in fact all stars. They might not be all stars ever even with the way their playing.

Owners and GMs are the ones NOW that need to put their foot down and say screw you to these dumb arrogant players.

But he's not dumb for asking for that much money if Jordan got 10mil for what he did which is less then what McGee is doing right now to me McGee has a lot more upside then Jordan he just needs to get the right coach....how many centers are getting 2.5 blks a game right now

D1JM
03-14-2012, 06:58 PM
He's worth closer to 20

JNA17
03-14-2012, 07:06 PM
But he's not dumb for asking for that much money if Jordan got 10mil for what he did which is less then what McGee is doing right now to me McGee has a lot more upside then Jordan he just needs to get the right coach....how many centers are getting 2.5 blks a game right now

Of course he will ask for that money. I except no less from players like McGee. Thats not the issue (well half anyway). It's the owners and gms that need step up and show just a little pride that just maybe their not worth it. Players like Mcgee can be found in this years draft class for example. I would trade this guy now for a pick and call it day. Draft a center and sign that center for about 80% less thn Mcgees asking price and your all set. In the end, you will show that not only your a smart gm, but a gm/owner that will never give in to these greedy arrogant hacks.

Right coach? I'm not even going to address how ridiculas this myth is.

We already have a crap load of Centers that are shot blockers. If there is one thing that centers are good at in today's league, its shot blocking. Just because someone averages 2.5 blocks does not make him a good defender even, if that were the case, Allen Iverson was the greatest defending PG/SG because of his steals. Andrew Bynum also averages that amount of blocks and does more defense and more on offense then Mcgee ever would but you don't see him crying for more money. Just his agent :p

PleaseBeNice
03-14-2012, 07:32 PM
This guy really is dumb

MickeyMgl
03-14-2012, 07:46 PM
Take your mind off the Howard talk and listen to what that 17th best center in the NBA wants.

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2012/3/14/2871292/nba-trade-rumors-2012-javale-mcgee-wizards

And you know what? I'd give it to him. He's the most entertaining player in the NBA today

Yeah, he's entertaining, but through comedy.

tyfreaks brotha
03-14-2012, 07:50 PM
lmfao

tcav701
03-14-2012, 07:53 PM
He should at least let D12 set the market so he can ask for double.

gatkins11
03-14-2012, 07:56 PM
Come to Dallas, we love overpaying overrated centers.

tr3ymill3r
03-14-2012, 08:01 PM
I'll give him $14 million over 3 years. $4 million per and an extra $2 million if he doesn't run back on defense while still on offense, Pass to the wrong team, or just be himself.
Really? This guy?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgSYA3Gb7oI

Chronz
03-14-2012, 08:54 PM

DeAndre is still the better player tho, the risk is greater with McGee IMO.

Chronz
03-14-2012, 08:57 PM

That same Dalembert has helped the Rockets

Chronz
03-14-2012, 08:59 PM

He got it based on potential true, but mostly his defensive value. Javale isnt in the same league as him defensively. And the #'s are in DJ's favor though I would agree Javale has more potential.

kobebabe
03-14-2012, 09:47 PM
:crazy:
This dude thinks he is so good! But he is though....at making a fool of himself!

Jarvo
03-14-2012, 10:02 PM
This ***** on crack !

mike_noodles
03-14-2012, 10:09 PM
$8-$10 should get it done for him, $14m is ridiculous.

D1JM
03-14-2012, 10:51 PM
best center in the game, haters

Gram
03-15-2012, 01:18 AM
lol mike McGee.

Antipod
03-15-2012, 02:37 AM
HAA ...and i want to shag Jennifer Love Hewitt , but guess what, none of us will get what we want :D :D

justinnum1
03-15-2012, 02:40 AM
best center in the game, haters

not sure if serious, but just for good measure...:facepalm: