PDA

View Full Version : DAntoni sought out Melo for Deron Williams trade before leaving

spreadeagle
03-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Mike D'Antoni sought a trade of Carmelo Anthony for Deron Williams, according to a source.

Williams was thought of as a better fit for D'Antoni's system.

The efforts of D'Antoni were overruled by James Dolan.

https://twitter.com/#!/daldridgetnt

thekmp211
03-14-2012, 04:54 PM
i just can't believe the wheels are falling off a james dolan-ran franchise. and to think we were basking in linsanity less than a month ago. LOL.

Kashmir13579
03-14-2012, 04:55 PM
Dolan is the biggest idiot next to Michael Jordan.

justinnum1
03-14-2012, 05:00 PM
well there it is, dantoni probably said melo or me. I have mad respect for mr. pringles. He abandoned ship before it sinks lol

chicago lulz
03-14-2012, 05:03 PM
well there it is, dantoni probably said melo or me. I have mad respect for mr. pringles. He abandoned ship before it sinks lol

He abandoned ship by the time the water was up to his neck. Still, he did abandon ship.

Deemerc
03-14-2012, 05:03 PM

lol very true

Avenged
03-14-2012, 05:04 PM
Smart man. Would have been a great move.

*Superman*

http://canv.as/ugc/processed/4259051ab1de226d3038dd56c160e094b397102c.png

LOOTERX9
Dantoni was trying to get a PG to save his sorry ***. He is useless without a great PG. Bye Dantoni, you wont be missed at all

strahan92osi72
03-14-2012, 05:05 PM

What a surprise. Whoever leaves the Knicks no matter how bad you said they were when they were here, all of a sudden they're great. And whoever comes in they're all of a sudden terrible in your eyes. What a shock. He was the main reason the ship was sinking. The dope can't coach, plain and simple.

Rivera
03-14-2012, 05:05 PM
So dantoni started the melo wants to get traded rumor and actually asked about melo 4 deron

I love d antoni now :love:

This is crazy!

lvlheaded
03-14-2012, 05:06 PM
Id make that trade. Dolan is a stubborn **** and that is the reason this team continues to fail

waveycrockett
03-14-2012, 05:06 PM
LMAO then the NYPost tried to say the NETS were looking to trade DWil for Melo?!? SIKE

BigCityofDreams
03-14-2012, 05:07 PM
SMH @ Melo for the mess that he has help create

strahan92osi72
Smart man. Would have been a great move.

No not really.

TRIUMPHATOR
i just can't believe the wheels are falling off a james dolan-ran franchise. and to think we were basking in linsanity less than a month ago. LOL.

Sorry, but you guys brought Linsanity on yourselves. At least when we erected Vinsanity he was flying and won the slam dunk contest. How on earth can you put that much emphasis on a guy who has a good ten game stretch??? I was in Manhatten last weekend and even the souvenir stores in times square had Lin apparel, seriously?

strahan92osi72
03-14-2012, 05:09 PM
Sorry, but you guys brought Linsanity on yourselves. At least when we erected Vinsanity he was flying and won the slam dunk contest. How on earth can you put that much emphasis on a guy who has a good ten game stretch??? I was in Manhatten last weekend and even the souvenir stores in times square had Lin apparel, seriously?

Ummmm, Lin is still playing well.

justinnum1
03-14-2012, 05:10 PM
What a surprise. Whoever leaves the Knicks no matter how bad you said they were when they were here, all of a sudden they're great. And whoever comes in they're all of a sudden terrible in your eyes. What a shock. He was the main reason the ship was sinking. The dope can't coach, plain and simple.

He was the problem when they were linning and playing like a tema too right?

He was the problem the other night when they gave up 25 offensive rebounds right?

He;s the reason melo and amare are a horrible fit, right?

He's the reason NY signed a bunch of chuckers, right?

He;s the reason your players are selfish and give little effort, right?

But wait, mike woodson is the answer, right?

If NY beats chicago monday night this never happens.

:laugh: Knicks are in serious serious trouble. Mike woodson is a pretty lousy coach. He's a poor mans mike brown.

basketfan4life
03-14-2012, 05:12 PM
i personally don't think to low of melo. he migght have a great carreer a head still. he is still a franchise guy to me.

shep33
03-14-2012, 05:12 PM
I think even Knick fans would agree that Deron + Stat + Chandler, with that supporting cast would flow much better offensively. I like Melo, but Dwill is clearly a better fit

strahan92osi72
03-14-2012, 05:14 PM

He was the problem the other night when they gave up 25 offensive rebounds right?

:laugh: Knicks are in serious serious trouble. Mike woodson is a pretty lousy coach. He's a poor mans mike brown.

D'Antoni doesn't coach defense. He's one of the worst coaches out there. The Knicks got better with him gone now. Woodson>Dumbtoni.

strahan92osi72
03-14-2012, 05:14 PM

D'Antoni doesn't coach defense. He's one of the worst coaches out there. The Knicks got better with him gone now. Woodson>Dumbtoni. This is a great day for the Knicks!

strahan92osi72
03-14-2012, 05:15 PM
i personally don't think to low of melo. he migght have a great carreer a head still. he is still a franchise guy to me.

That's because you know basketball.

fingerbang
03-14-2012, 05:16 PM
If Carmelo worked on his ****ing jump shot this doesn't happen.

Carmelo's play hasn't been good enough.

TRIUMPHATOR
03-14-2012, 05:16 PM
Ummmm, Lin is still playing well.

Ummmm, there just isn't as much to be insane about.

I just thought too much, too soon and if there was that much potential, do you really think D'antoni walks out the day before the deadline?

Rockice_8
03-14-2012, 05:18 PM
Of coarse he was D-Will is a stud.

strahan92osi72
03-14-2012, 05:20 PM
Ummmm, there just isn't as much to be insane about.

I just thought too much, too soon and if there was that much potential, do you really think D'antoni walks out the day before the deadline?

Lin's potential, which he definitely has, has nothing to do with D'Antoni leaving. He left because he couldn't take the heat, so get out the kitchen. He can't control his players. This is the coach's fault. I love it how everyone wants to blame Melo, lol blame a superstar NBA player instead of a pathetic excuse for a head coach who doesn't know how to coach defense or keep a locker room together.

IndyRealist
03-14-2012, 05:23 PM
No not really.

Obviously Melo isn't working in D'Antoni's system. Getting Williams would kill two birds with one stone. And then Lin annihilates the other team's 2nd unit. With one less guy demanding touches, they could get back to their PG centered offense.

strahan92osi72
03-14-2012, 05:26 PM
Obviously Melo isn't working in D'Antoni's system. Getting Williams would kill two birds with one stone. And then Lin annihilates the other team's 2nd unit. With one less guy demanding touches, they could get back to their PG centered offense.

Melo shouldn't have to adjust to his lousy dumb system, he should adjust to Melo. Melo is a proven superstar scorer who deserves the ball. Forget this equal opportunity for everyone else, Melo and Amare should be getting more shots than they've gotten this year.

rwynyc
03-14-2012, 05:26 PM
He abandoned ship by the time the water was up to his neck. Still, he did abandon ship.

Great signature!

LOOTERX9
03-14-2012, 05:27 PM

But star PG's don't win titles in this league, not since isiah thomas. Gotta make it work with melo and not play dantoni ball

IndyRealist
03-14-2012, 05:35 PM
Melo shouldn't have to adjust to his lousy dumb system, he should adjust to Melo. Melo is a proven superstar scorer who deserves the ball. Forget this equal opportunity for everyone else, Melo and Amare should be getting more shots than they've gotten this year.

Iso wing offense is the easiest play in the NBA to defend. Melo's only proven that he can take a lot of bad shots and not play defense. Stop worshipping him for a second and realize that he's just not that good. How are the Nuggets doing without their superstar scorer? Exactly.

Besides, it was the right thing for D'Antoni to do. Now tjat he's gone and Dolan's proved to be a moron yet again, it's going to be someone else's problem to try and get Melo to play real basketball.

IndyRealist
03-14-2012, 05:36 PM
But star PG's don't win titles in this league, not since isiah thomas. Gotta make it work with melo and not play dantoni ball

True, but scoring wings that don't play D don't win championships either. Big men do.

LOOTERX9
03-14-2012, 05:43 PM
True, but scoring wings that don't play D don't win championships either. Big men do.

Knicks have Tyson chandler and a real coach now. Knicks are back!!

TRIUMPHATOR
03-14-2012, 05:45 PM
Lin's potential, which he definitely has, has nothing to do with D'Antoni leaving. He left because he couldn't take the heat, so get out the kitchen. He can't control his players. This is the coach's fault. I love it how everyone wants to blame Melo, lol blame a superstar NBA player instead of a pathetic excuse for a head coach who doesn't know how to coach defense or keep a locker room together.

Really? Do you really take this sample size and believe he can project it long term?

Ok, maybe D'Antoni left because people have been blinded by this Melo Halo and he wasn't one of them. Knick fans are be better off if Melo is not wearing the jersey at this time tomorrow.

king4day
03-14-2012, 05:52 PM
Dantoni was trying to get a PG to save his sorry ***. He is useless without a great PG. Bye Dantoni, you wont be missed at all

The same could be said of Phil Jackson having Kobe and MJ. The system requires certain players. The closest he came was with Felton and to a lesser extent, Melo. He needed the PG to run the show.

THE MEGAPOWERS....EXPLODE!!!!

LOOTERX9
03-14-2012, 05:54 PM
The same could be said of Phil Jackson having Kobe and MJ. The system requires certain players. The closest he came was with Felton and to a lesser extent, Melo. He needed the PG to run the show.

THE MEGAPOWERS....EXPLODE!!!!

Well I never liked Dantoni's system even in phx. Top PG's don't win titles in nba. So i'd take my chance with melo and a coach that can coach him to his strengths.

PS. I loved that mega powers story line

gaughan333
03-14-2012, 05:55 PM
On that team, Deron is a much better player than Melo. It would be a great move.

Deemerc
03-14-2012, 05:55 PM
id like to see the exact trade proposal

justinnum1
03-14-2012, 05:59 PM
id be worried about the knicks if they had dwill instead of melo

IndyRealist
03-14-2012, 06:04 PM
Knicks have Tyson chandler and a real coach now. Knicks are back!!

Chandler's a good piece, probably as good as Hoarace Grant. But what real coach do they have, exactly?

Deemerc
03-14-2012, 06:06 PM
if the knicks win tonight its gonna be coachsanity

Raph12
03-14-2012, 06:10 PM
Looks like D'Antoni wasn't a complete idiot, DWill is a great pnr PG (perfect compliment to Stat/Chandler) and good at setting up his teammates, plus he's a good enough scorer as well... Melo just wasn't a good fit, things fell apart when Chauncey was let go.

roshan3ai
03-14-2012, 06:12 PM
:sigh: If only

Mr.Wiskers
03-14-2012, 06:36 PM
The Reality is everyone knew D'Antoni is an offense coach and knew what system he liked to use a good GM would have given him the players to succeed-- a good PG, a 3pt shooter and a big to pick and pop. Not a great PG because his system made Felton and Dragic look better than the were. Let's quit the bull**** of he needs a GREAT PG and anyone with a great PG can succeed-he just needed a good one. Lin was a SG in college not a PG.

mdm692
03-14-2012, 06:50 PM
What an idiot dolan is. Melo, fields, lin for d-will and brooks would have been nice for the knicks

D-will
shump
Brooks
Stat
Chandler

IndyRealist
03-14-2012, 07:01 PM
The Reality is everyone knew D'Antoni is an offense coach and knew what system he liked to use a good GM would have given him the players to succeed-- a good PG, a 3pt shooter and a big to pick and pop. Not a great PG because his system made Felton and Dragic look better than the were. Let's quit the bull**** of he needs a GREAT PG and anyone with a great PG can succeed-he just needed a good one. Lin was a SG in college not a PG.

Lin was the primary ballhandler and only NBA prospect. The only reason he'd be considered a SG is because they played someone smaller than him at the same time.

Perfectly reasonable about D'Antoni.

blastmasta26
03-14-2012, 07:01 PM
What an idiot dolan is. Melo, fields, lin for d-will and brooks would have been nice for the knicks

D-will
shump
Brooks
Stat
Chandler

A nice line up indeed, and a good fit for D'Antoni.

Really? Do you really take this sample size and believe he can project it long term?

Ok, maybe D'Antoni left because people have been blinded by this Melo Halo and he wasn't one of them. Knick fans are be better off if Melo is not wearing the jersey at this time tomorrow.

Lin's sample size was a little distorted because his scoring was higher than it probably ever will be, but I think he proved to be a capable PG under D'Antoni. I'm sure that D'Antoni's departure/removal had everything to do with Melo, not Lin. Lin thrives under an up-tempo, D'Antoni-style offense more than anything.

if the knicks win tonight its gonna be coachsanity

lol, I don't have much faith in Woodson. It's funny to me, when some Knick fans claim to support Woodson because he is a "real coach" or coaches "real basketball". I wasn't a huge fan of D'Antoni, but unselfish ball movement and spacing is much closer to "real basketball" than isolations on every other play.

Mr.Wiskers
03-14-2012, 07:08 PM
Got it all wrong! I have nothing against Lin, he's just not a true PG or at least needs more time to develop into a true PG. I would have started Davis and rotated Lin between PG and SG.

Mr.Wiskers
03-14-2012, 07:16 PM
But that's neither here nor there--as far asLin goes. The reality is if he were as good as some people think he is he would have been a 1st rd pick, or at least not been released 2x.
He's a backup period.

BklynKnicks3
03-14-2012, 07:29 PM
thank god he gone lets go melo

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-15-2012, 01:51 AM
shows you that dolan is all about money...just pile up all the stars to NY and raise the ticket prices and the money grows and grows