PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Anthony officially ruins ANOTHER team!

BradHolt4CYoung
03-14-2012, 03:05 PM
Carmelo Anthony is my most hated athlete ever.

The guy is a *****. Knicks fans think Diantoni leaving will make them better? Will it make Anthony actually run the called play instead of standing around on offense, getting mad at his teammates when he doesnt get the ball-shooting a great 37%? A

How did Melo and George Karl workout? Karl hated him. How have the Nuggets been since he left? Better. How have the Knicks been since he arrived? worse.

How were the Knicks when Melo was hurt?. MUCH BETTER. Carmelo Anthony makes everybody around him worse. I dont wanna hear he is a superstar he just isnt. Can he play defense? Sure, does he? no, he choses not to, which leads to awful team defense. He is the essential ball stopper as well on offense.

Watch Anthony play. He just doesnt care and he makes his team worse. His teammates hate him and he is just a terrible team player.

He has really ruined the Knicks. It's sad and I'm not even a Knicks fan. For anybody to call this guy a superstar is ********. He is a terrible person and a terrible professional.

I feel bad for Knicks fans because of Melo. It's just really hard to be a fan of him.

effen5
03-14-2012, 03:09 PM
I really don't feel bad for knick fans because of all the **** talking they did last year. I do feel bad for dantoni though.

CB29
03-14-2012, 03:09 PM
we know that but he's also very talented... all athletes have baggage. His talent is the reason that teams are willing to take him.

JasonJohnHorn
03-14-2012, 03:10 PM
In b4 da close

I think you are going out on a limb to say that his teammates hate him. And saying he is a terrible person? I mean, as a person? Really? Lets leave this be about basketball.

Melo is having a bad season. So is Amare. Chandler isn't even playing at his full potential. It was D'Antoni's job to make this squad work. Everybody knew there was a hole at the PG position, but loads of talent in the front court, enough that this NY team should NEVER have been under .500 all season.

Melo is not the ball handler or distributor that say McGrady was, or Kobe, or Iggy. He is a guy you give the ball to so that he can score. He moved well without the ball under George Karl, and scored a lot. D'Antoni has not found room for him. And on top of that D'Antoni started running the pick and roll with CHANDLER!!!! I understand that on defence, Chandler is the center, but on the offensive end, these plays should be run for Amare. It is possible to switch roles from the defensive end to the offensive end, and D'Antoni just did not understand this.

I'm not sure that Woodson can get everything done that needs to be done, but he ran a good offence in Atlanta and got Joe Johnson playing at the top of his game. I think he can do the same for Amare and Melo, and once that happens, and once Lin becomes a facilitator instead of being expected to create for himself and carry the scoring load, this team will be unstoppable. And if Lin is still too young and inexperienced to pull that off, Baron Davis will get it done. He's a vet. That's why they brought him in.

Maybe Woodson can do it, maybe not. If not, then next year Phil Jackson will be on the bench for NY and a title will be a lock.

Everybody in the east better hope Woodson drops the ball with this, because if he doesnt, NY will take the east!

Hellcrooner
03-14-2012, 03:10 PM
Lol, first Mr Pringles, now he will go for Lyn, Wait and see.

DITKA4GOV
03-14-2012, 03:16 PM
Melo wins another. Inmates running the asylum. Melo is a cancer to a team. Here will be a ton of Iso ball now with the intern coach. Loves the IS0

Evolution23
03-14-2012, 03:18 PM
the op is mad

NoahH
D'Antoni got ran out of town

BULLSFAN0810
OMG STHU....Melo is a beast...His issue is COACH...He has always had terrible coaches...George Karl a good coach? Karl preaches as much Defense as ...wait...D'antoni...D'antoni preaches as much defense as Don Nelson. Im not saying Melo isnt at fault,he is a ball stopper,but imo the coach should address him being a ball hog. This is D'antonis team is it not ? i just find it odd,people call this guy a team killer but no one actually looks at the coach and control he enforces. You couldnt go to a Popovich team and jack bad shots. Larry Brown control Billups until he became trustworthy...Pop controled Parrker...Sloan didnt play...Jackson even with MJ and Pip had to have some sort of discipline. If Dantoni like Lins game and how he flows..tell Melo to stfu,all i see is Lin a good Pg in the future being barked at by Melo sometimes rightfully so...this tells me Dantoni doesnt have that iron fist,because a great coach takes a potentially good PG that has no guidance and controls their every move...Thats why NY sucks

justinnum1
03-14-2012, 03:20 PM
so how is woodson going to help with the fact the melo and stat dont play d? Thibs couldn't even help the knicks

BigBlueCrew
what an idiotic thread

"im not an knicks fan"....big shock there

no Melo is not the most hated athlete ever. Mike D was the most hated coach. Guess you didnt hear "Fire Dantoni" chants

BradHolt4CYoung
we know that but he's also very talented... all athletes have baggage. His talent is the reason that teams are willing to take him.

How talented can he be if his team constantly plays better without him?

I know he is a great scorer...but so what? He hurts you more then anything.

justinnum1
03-14-2012, 03:21 PM
the op is mad

:confused: replace mad with laughing...

BALLER R
03-14-2012, 03:22 PM
Melo is the best player on that team. If melo is motivated he can be the best player on the court on some nights. Honestly if he has a coach like sloan or Phil Jackson and he's still like that then i'll buy into what all you guys are saying. But for now I'm still probably the only person on this site that thinks Melo is a top 10 player in this league. I'm not a knick fan either. I'm just a melo fan. Lakers and Raptors are my teams. I just see the way you guys abuse melo on here.

BradHolt4CYoung
03-14-2012, 03:24 PM
what an idiotic thread

Lol i bought myself a Linsanity T shirt last weekend for me birthday.

I was a Nets fan but once Lin came in they were so fun to watch and so fun to root for. Lin is the only reason I started watching Knicks games. I watched his first game vs. Nets and never looked back. I want the Knicks to succeed.

I never actually hated the Knicks, im from NY. I just could never always root for them because they have douche bags for players. First Marbury then Melo. Cant root for those guys.

Valkyrie
03-14-2012, 03:25 PM
@BULLSFAN0810 You think Carmelo is just going to change overnight and buy into Lin, a 2nd year player, when Melo has been in this league what, 9 years? He has a ego. Maybe it was Karls fault. Maybe he was misguided or something. Or maybe that was Denver's system. But you just can't automatically become a 2-way player and buy into Lin right away. Like I said, NY is better without him.

BULLSFAN0810
03-14-2012, 03:26 PM
melo is the best player on that team. If melo is motivated he can be the best player on the court on some nights. Honestly if he has a coach like sloan or phil jackson and he's still like that then i'll buy into what all you guys are saying. But for now i'm still probably the only person on this site that thinks melo is a top 10 player in this league. I'm not a knick fan either. I'm just a melo fan. Lakers and raptors are my teams. I just see the way you guys abuse melo on here.

+1

HouRealCoach

The guy is a *****. Knicks fans think Diantoni leaving will make them better? Will it make Anthony actually run the called play instead of standing around on offense, getting mad at his teammates when he doesnt get the ball-shooting a great 37%? A

How did Melo and George Karl workout? Karl hated him. How have the Nuggets been since he left? Better. How have the Knicks been since he arrived? worse.

How were the Knicks when Melo was hurt?. MUCH BETTER. Carmelo Anthony makes everybody around him worse. I dont wanna hear he is a superstar he just isnt. Can he play defense? Sure, does he? no, he choses not to, which leads to awful team defense. He is the essential ball stopper as well on offense.

Watch Anthony play. He just doesnt care and he makes his team worse. His teammates hate him and he is just a terrible team player.

He has really ruined the Knicks. It's sad and I'm not even a Knicks fan. For anybody to call this guy a superstar is ********. He is a terrible person and a terrible professional.

I feel bad for Knicks fans because of Melo. It's just really hard to be a fan of him.

Nuggets MUCH better without him? They were arguably a title contender with him.. Would have beat the Lakers if it wasn't for Trevor Ariza interceptions and Nuggets are 5th-7th right now in the West sounds the same for the most part

HE ruined Knicks? Tony Douglas starting, Amare being out of shape, Amare/Chandler not meshing, Amare not moving on defense(unless its out of the way), D'Antoni not preaching defense, or Jeremy Lin's lack of defense had NOTHING to do with it?

& How did he "mess up" the Nuggets?

BradHolt4CYoung
I dont understand the "Diantoni does teach D"

How were the Knicks on Defense when Melo was out? Shumpert, Jeffries, Lin, Chandler, etc these guys are good defenders who were playing great and energized D when Melo was gone.

It's Diantonis fault that Melo/Stat play no D....how?

Valkyrie
03-14-2012, 03:29 PM
All we know is one of Dantoni' or Melo had to go. Knicks won't do **** this year. If they are gonna keep Melo, they better get a damn good coach like Sloan who will take the keys of the team and not let him run everything. Melo is talented enough to become a better team player. But its up to him if he wants to. But this year is a lost cause. That team has to pick itself up slowly.

BradHolt4CYoung
03-14-2012, 03:30 PM
Nuggets MUCH better without him? They were arguably a title contender with him.. Would have beat the Lakers if it wasn't for Trevor Ariza interceptions and Nuggets are 5th-7th right now in the West sounds the same for the most part

HE ruined Knicks? Tony Douglas starting, Amare being out of shape, Amare/Chandler not meshing, Amare not moving on defense(unless its out of the way), D'Antoni not preaching defense, or Jeremy Lin's lack of defense had NOTHING to do with it?

None of the bold were true when Melo was out, and Dantoni was still the coach.

The Nuggets were a lot better last year after the Melo trade then before. The Knicks were better before the Melo trade as well. Did Dantoni suddenly tell his players to stop playing defense?:facepalm:

bbuss
03-14-2012, 03:30 PM

i agree, how anyone can say the nuggets were better without melo is pushing it way to far, they made playoffs every season...

+nobody named the knicks as a title contender when it was amare and those other guys, then they got melo and all of a sudden everyone put them up there with Miami.

ManningToTyree
03-14-2012, 03:31 PM
Mods close this

BULLSFAN0810
03-14-2012, 03:32 PM
@BULLSFAN0810 You think Carmelo is just going to change overnight and buy into Lin, a 2nd year player, when Melo has been in this league what, 9 years? He has a ego. Maybe it was Karls fault. Maybe he was misguided or something. Or maybe that was Denver's system. But you just can't automatically become a 2-way player and buy into Lin right away. Like I said, NY is better without him.

I see what youre saying,and i see validity in your statement but i believe bring in a real coach let him lay down the law, tell Melo" sink or swim"..Let that coach have run at whoever..imo i think the NBA is now dictated by too many players..very few players actually had any say...and if they did,they had ships ten plus years ago. I think Melo needs a real coach,any team that actually wins if you look at it,had control over his teaam and they bought into it.

NYtilIdie
03-14-2012, 03:34 PM
D'Antoni got ran out of town

This. We've been calling for his head since he first got here, glad him and his bulls**t "system" are gone.

tr3ymill3r
The Knicks didn't have to trade for him last season. They had the money to sign him as a FA, but they just needed him then and there. Don't put the blame on one guy, because they gave up some nice assets in which they could have easily landed Dwight this year which gives you an even better front line than Chandler. Blame the front office first for mismanaging that franchise for the past 10 years.

Kashmir13579
Agree with OP. The Knicks will be mediocre for the next half-decade at the very least. Sad day for Knicks fans, even if they don't know it. This is bigger than D'antoni.

justinnum1
How about the players play with some effort...

Question...If the knicks actually played like they gave a **** and beat the bulls, would dantoni have been fired?

What coach is going to want to coach guys that are selfish and give little effort.

I question whether melo and stat care about winning.

BULLSFAN0810
03-14-2012, 03:35 PM
None of the bold were true when Melo was out, and Dantoni was still the coach.

The Nuggets were a lot better last year after the Melo trade then before. The Knicks were better before the Melo trade as well. Did Dantoni suddenly tell his players to stop playing defense?:facepalm:

No they traded too much and gutted their dept...and the players Dantoni had actually played D on their own,im not saying he didnt say play D,im saying if he WAS preaching D and they stopped, the coach shouldve been handled it..i think it was the players traded nature to play D,not coach because players change but philoshpy doesnt.

BULLSFAN0810
03-14-2012, 03:36 PM
how about the players play with some effort...

Question...if the knicks actually played like they gave a **** and beat the bulls, would dantoni have been fired?

What coach is going to want to coach guys that are selfish and give little effort.

I question whether melo and stat care about winning.

+1

Driven
what an idiotic thread

I was a Nets fan but once Lin came in they were so fun to watch and so fun to root for. Lin is the only reason I started watching Knicks games. I watched his first game vs. Nets and never looked back. I want the Knicks to succeed.

I never actually hated the Knicks, im from NY. I just could never always root for them because they have douche bags for players. First Marbury then Melo. Cant root for those guys.

Dear lord, youre basing this on jeremy lin. Great.

Dantoni deserved to be fired / resign.

AIMelo=KillaDUO

Preach, my brother! Everything you said is 100% accurate.

Knick_Fever
03-14-2012, 03:38 PM
I can't stand Melo, he's such an enigma. I can't believe this is happening.

Valkyrie
03-14-2012, 03:38 PM
I see what youre saying,and i see validity in your statement but i believe bring in a real coach let him lay down the law, tell Melo" sink or swim"..Let that coach have run at whoever..imo i think the NBA is now dictated by too many players..very few players actually had any say...and if they did,they had ships ten plus years ago. I think Melo needs a real coach,any team that actually wins if you look at it,had control over his teaam and they bought into it.

It's bascially like this,

You can't have Dantoni's system with Lin in it, and Melo in it being the player he is today. Melo isn't Shawn Marion. It's like mixing ammonia and bleach. They need a entire new system, and a coach with the balls to show Melo up.

Da Knicks
03-14-2012, 03:39 PM
Melo will make people stfu now!!!!

Jarvo
03-14-2012, 03:40 PM
SAY IT / TYPE IT WITH ME NOW..

MELO. IS. THE. T.O. OF. THE. N.B.A.

Get it? Got it? Good !

BradHolt4CYoung
03-14-2012, 03:45 PM

Im sorry, I want the Knicks to win, but with Dantoni out it will just be more of Iso Melo and less team play.

Above all else, if Amare is in the paint and needs to play some defense he just stands there. No hustle. Just doesn't try to play D. Same with Melo he just stands around on offense and defense.

If Dantoni cant "preach defense" why were the Knicks playing great D and hustling when Melo/Stat were out?

For all the **** Lebron gets, he still makes his teammates 1000x better. Melo makes his teammates 1000x worse.

*Superman*
03-14-2012, 03:48 PM
Feel for Dantoni, but he wasn't getting the job done anyway.

justinnum1
03-14-2012, 03:48 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/140e0cg.png

Ezio
03-14-2012, 04:02 PM
Can someone copy all this and forward it to JB. Dude is going on and on about getting Melo on the Bulls

naps
03-14-2012, 04:02 PM
I was a big Melo fan (Still is but not as much) but he's become cancerous over time. I mean you have to think about it every team plays better without him. Denver has been a terrific team since he left. Knicks got worse as soon as he arrived. Amare is playing probably the worst basketball of his career. He was playing great before Melo came to NY. Then he was out for 7 games and they won all the games and were playing great under Lin. Now he's back and they lost 6/7 straight and Linsanity is pretty much over. Lin has hit the ground with Melo.

lkingratedr
03-14-2012, 04:10 PM
It's funny how melo is automatically the scapegoat for everything wrong with the knicks he goes out there does his Damn job doesn't cry about anything to the media and he gets black sheeped how about amare play some ****ing defense how about jeremy Lin not have 6-7 turnovers a game how about shumpert not missing dunks and layups oh how about after chandler hits the bench we have no interior defense ...hmmm yeah and its all melos fault smgdh

RaiderLakersA's
03-14-2012, 04:12 PM
I don't care what anyone says, I'd take Melo on the Lakers any day.

D'Antoni quitting tells me nothing about Melo, but tells me EVERYTHING about D'Antoni.

Bubba313
03-14-2012, 04:13 PM
I've never seen anything like this. People mad because a coach who was making $6 million dollars a year and yet to have a winning season resigns from his position with 24 games in the season.

Better yet, they want to blame Carmelo Anthony. This is based on a fluke run that Jeremy Lin had against sub-par teams where he actually won some games. Now that Melo and Amar'e are back, and we start getting shitted on by good teams, all of a sudden its Melo's fault. No, we were never good in the first place. We sucked. Melo isn't himself this year and he has no place in D'Antoni's system. Amar'e is a shell of himself.

And when it comes down to it, I want a coach who can integrate both of our supposed stars. Mike proved he couldn't do it, that's why hes no longer coach of the Knicks.

lkingratedr
03-14-2012, 04:14 PM
Mike dantoni had one winning season as knicks coach 1 single season but people blame melo

Jarvo
03-14-2012, 04:15 PM
It's funny how melo is automatically the scapegoat for everything wrong with the knicks he goes out there does his Damn job doesn't cry about anything to the media and he gets black sheeped how about amare play some ****ing defense how about jeremy Lin not have 6-7 turnovers a game how about shumpert not missing dunks and layups oh how about after chandler hits the bench we have no interior defense ...hmmm yeah and its all melos fault smgdh

Bro with Lin they was balling! You couldnt go NOWHERE without hearing about "linsanity" Amd then melo cameback and the losing streak happens. So yea you can say it is his fault and all the power they are giving him.

LOOTERX9
Hey as long as Dantoni is gone , i'm happy!! Lets go Knicks!!!!!

Toronto_Fan
Carmelo Anthony ruined the New York Knicks.
A damn travesty tbh.

“Dolan is blaming the coach,” said a source with knowledge of the Knicks’ locker-room dynamics. “Tyson [Chandler], Baron [Davis], A’mare [Stoudemire] – guys who came to play for Mike – or that system – are pissed. Lin isn’t happy either.”

Rentzias
03-14-2012, 04:17 PM
What was the first team he "ruined"?

JordansBulls
03-14-2012, 04:22 PM
Bad thread. Melo just needs a PG on his team which is why he and Billups worked well together. Lin is a turnover machine.

Crackadalic
03-14-2012, 04:26 PM
Ruin what. Mike couldnt coach this team with all this talent. He wasnt a good motivator and didnt keep player accountable when they werent playing well.

yanksrock
03-14-2012, 04:26 PM

Chill man!!! You'll live longer.

lkingratedr
03-14-2012, 04:30 PM
Lin was balling cause he came out of no where and no one scouted him don't get me wrong he can ball but now teams recognize he can't go left and they shut him down now so yet again how is that melos fault

Vincent
03-14-2012, 04:32 PM
What was the first team he "ruined"?

Denver seemed to get a ton for him... Dunno if that qualifies as "ruined."

Green_Monster
03-14-2012, 04:34 PM
He's lazy and selfish. He won't do anything to help anyone unless it makes him look good. He's overrated, he doesn't even play defense.

Muttman73
03-14-2012, 04:37 PM
Um, anyone not blinded by homerism or whatever saw this coming...

lkingratedr
03-14-2012, 04:41 PM
Time out let's analyze melos nuggets and melos knicks

Lin/Davis >miller /Blake
Fields /smith >smith/ von wafer
Melo=melo
Amare >Martin
Chandler =< nene

Melo took the nuggets to the playoffs every year he was there tried to single handedly take the knicks past the celtics ...amare never self lead teams to playoffs last year honestly had it not been for felton amare would look horrible so yeah melo the problem

Vincent
03-14-2012, 05:03 PM
Time out let's analyze melos nuggets and melos knicks

Lin/Davis >miller /Blake
Fields /smith >smith/ von wafer
Melo=melo
Amare >Martin
Chandler =< nene

Melo took the nuggets to the playoffs every year he was there tried to single handedly take the knicks past the celtics ...amare never self lead teams to playoffs last year honestly had it not been for felton amare would look horrible so yeah melo the problem

LOL

You're only missing,

Iverson, Billups, Camby, Afflalo, Al Harrington and a much better coach in George Karl.

Gallo4Ever
03-14-2012, 05:11 PM
Anthony is a piece of s@&$.

Punk
03-14-2012, 05:15 PM
LOL Ruin what exactly?

1. He must have ruined Denver because they have been a playoff team for the last 8 years and always winning 50 + games. Only team other than Denver to do that is LA and Dallas.

2. D'antoni was on the hot seat WAY before Melo got traded here.

3. I wanted him gone after his questionable concepts of subs and rotations.

This is a huge blessing. Thank You, D'antoni. You can take your system elsewhere.

SportsAndrew25
03-14-2012, 05:20 PM
Watch this thread get closed momentarily:

I do not get all the people wanting to trade Carmelo. HE WANTED TO COME TO MOTHER****ING MADISON SQUARE GARDEN IN NEW YORK TO PLAY FOR THE KNICKS!!!! THINK OF ALL THE PLAYERS WHO TURNED DOWN THE KNICKS (HAVE WE FORGOTTEN LEBRON???!!!!). HE IS ONE OF THE FEW WHO HAS THE BALLS TO COME TO NEW YORK AND PLAY!!!!! CAN HE BE FRUSTRATING? YES! BUT IS HE ONE OF THE BEST PLAYERS IN THIS LEAGUE??!!!! **** YES. CLOSE THIS DUMB THREAD. I AM SORRY TO THE OP BUT YOU JUST HAVE TO CHILL LIKE CD 101.9.

Punk
03-14-2012, 05:27 PM
I like how you ignore that the locker was tired of the coach. I'm pretty sure there is more people on the team than Carmelo.

The PSD General Board has amazing IQ.

JasonJohnHorn
03-14-2012, 05:31 PM
he must have ruined denver because they have been a playoff team for the last 8 years and always winning 50 + games. Only team other than denver to do that is la and dallas.

AND THE SPURS!!!! DONT FORGET DUNCAN!!!! Oh, and LA hasnt actually done that for the last 8 years. They had a losing season in there.

Blitzace137
03-14-2012, 05:36 PM
Knicks need a coach like Sloan to make Mello's lazy *** play some defense he needs a coach that will be on him if he's dogging it out there. sad but true you would think the 20mill he gets would be motivation enough. I know kids in the playground who plays harder then Mello. With his skill set he should be in the same level as a lebron, kobe or wade. He's just looks like a lazy player who doesn't have the drive to be an elite player. Knicks need Sloan ASAP Woodson is not the long term answer.

Evolution23
03-14-2012, 05:42 PM
:confused: replace mad with laughing...

replace op with u

LOOTERX9
03-14-2012, 05:44 PM
Anthony is a piece of s@&$.

And your boy Gallo is a glorified Role Player, nothing more:(

justinnum1
03-14-2012, 05:47 PM
Watch this thread get closed momentarily:

I do not get all the people wanting to trade Carmelo. HE WANTED TO COME TO MOTHER****ING MADISON SQUARE GARDEN IN NEW YORK TO PLAY FOR THE KNICKS!!!! THINK OF ALL THE PLAYERS WHO TURNED DOWN THE KNICKS (HAVE WE FORGOTTEN LEBRON???!!!!). HE IS ONE OF THE FEW WHO HAS THE BALLS TO COME TO NEW YORK AND PLAY!!!!! CAN HE BE FRUSTRATING? YES! BUT IS HE ONE OF THE BEST PLAYERS IN THIS LEAGUE??!!!! **** YES. CLOSE THIS DUMB THREAD. I AM SORRY TO THE OP BUT YOU JUST HAVE TO CHILL LIKE CD 101.9.

yea, but i think he went to NY just to further his personal career, i dont think he went to NY with the primary goal if winning a championship.

furthermore i think he went there under the assumption CP3 would be going there

amos1er
03-14-2012, 05:52 PM
The proof is in the pudding. Without Melo, the Knicks were winning, and now that he is back, they are loosing. I told everyone that this would happen. I'm sure that the Knicks tried to trade Melo, but had no takers. Now they just went to plan B and fired the coach.

Rain 816
03-14-2012, 06:09 PM
lol @ the knicks....they went from laughing stock, to overrated contenders(lin streak)back to laughing stock, and now just a joke.....they will miss the playoffs with all that talent....so so sad

justinnum1
03-14-2012, 06:13 PM
lol @ the knicks....they went from laughing stock, to overrated contenders(lin streak)back to laughing stock, and now just a joke.....they will miss the playoffs with all that talent....so so sad

its not that bad...they might be able to make some noise next season if they can make some trades and get players that actually fir together.

JasonJohnHorn
03-14-2012, 06:14 PM
This thread reminded me of this funny article on The Onion:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/knicks-doctors-continue-carefully-reinjuring-carme,27395/

Its good for a laugh for all those Melo haters out there.

Rain 816
03-14-2012, 06:14 PM
its not that bad...they might be able to make some noise next season if they can make some trades and get players that actually fir together.

oh yeah...thats for sure...but i was referring to this yr alone

Raph12
03-14-2012, 06:18 PM
Melo for MVP!... Seriously though, WAY too much undeserved hate, Melo doesn't fit D'Antoni's system. He was playing a lot better with Chauncey last season but now that he's gone, Melo just doesn't work in this system.

Woodson's system may help to emphasize what Melo does best, iso-ball.

justinnum1
03-14-2012, 06:27 PM
woodson is all about that iso offense, melo is going to love him

blastmasta26
03-14-2012, 06:29 PM
Agree with OP. The Knicks will be mediocre for the next half-decade at the very least. Sad day for Knicks fans, even if they don't know it. This is bigger than D'antoni.

To be fair, mediocrity was the result with D'Antoni here too, as long as Melo was a Knick. They just don't coexist. I felt very differently before the season began, but I'm thinking the Knicks would be better off with D'Antoni and without Melo, seeing as how this roster is assembled. I agree with you to an extent, but it's clear either D'Antoni or Melo had to go, and with Dolan forcing the Melo trade last year, we are now in need of a new head coach.

blastmasta26
03-14-2012, 06:30 PM
woodson is all about that iso offense, melo is going to love him
Knick fans will hate him though. Or at least they should, considering every Melo iso is met with audible groans from the crowd.

PJAF
03-14-2012, 06:39 PM

this post is a load of crap and the poster if full of crap. Hit the road jack you idiot turd head! We love him in NY. You don't even know the guy you stupid pukehead! get a freakin life instead of being a waste of life.

Green_Monster
03-14-2012, 06:44 PM
Melo for MVP!... Seriously though, WAY too much undeserved hate, Melo doesn't fit D'Antoni's system. He was playing a lot better with Chauncey last season but now that he's gone, Melo just doesn't work in this system.

Woodson's system may help to emphasize what Melo does best, iso-ball.

He doesn't fit in ANYONE'S system!

blastmasta26
03-14-2012, 06:50 PM
this post is a load of crap and the poster if full of crap. Hit the road jack you idiot turd head! We love him in NY. You don't even know the guy you stupid pukehead! get a freakin life instead of being a waste of life.
First, nice intellectual rebuttals. Second, he's not off base, Melo has been very polarizing in NY. If fans really loved him, they wouldn't groan at his isolation plays or his missed shots. Most fans are fickle when it comes to Melo, that's far from "loving him."

Yunqn
03-14-2012, 06:52 PM
Melo is the best player on that team. If melo is motivated he can be the best player on the court on some nights. Honestly if he has a coach like sloan or Phil Jackson and he's still like that then i'll buy into what all you guys are saying. But for now I'm still probably the only person on this site that thinks Melo is a top 10 player in this league. I'm not a knick fan either. I'm just a melo fan. Lakers and Raptors are my teams. I just see the way you guys abuse melo on here.

do you not realize that karl & dantoni are big name coaches?

does carmelo have to play with the arguably the best coach(jackson) in all of sports just to listen? :facepalm:

IT MAKES NO SENSE FOR SLOAN AND ITS NO WAY sloan would coach the knicks given he got ran out of utah because of the star not listening to his coaching.. JUST LIKE WHAT HAPPEN IN NEW YORK..

if you didnt know sloan is hell bent on defense and being hands on.. he hated boozer because of his effort on d.. how is he going to want to coach lin,melo,& amare on that end.. his offense is on ALOT of off ball movement.. NOBODY ON THIS TEAM brings that..also it needs alot of willing passers.. which dantoni's system is about too.. and still he was the BLAME..so called

NYY 26 to 7
03-14-2012, 06:57 PM

You are the worst kind of fan and the reason that linsanity set ny basketball back. Not Lin himself the stupid linsanity craze. You prob were once a jets and mets fan too but then the yanks and giants won and you just jumped ship. I hate that my teams have a fan like you. You prob wanted Eli gone earlier in his career to after he forced his way to ny.

JC_
03-14-2012, 07:00 PM
You are the worst kind of fan and the reason that linsanity set ny basketball back. Not Lin himself the stupid linsanity craze. You prob were once a jets and mets fan too but then the yanks and giants won and you just jumped ship. I hate that my teams have a fan like you. You prob wanted Eli gone earlier in his career to after he forced his way to ny.

and how did Linsanity set ny basketball back? If anything, it made more people care about the Knicks.

NYY 26 to 7
03-14-2012, 07:03 PM
do you not realize that karl & dantoni are big name coaches?

does carmelo have to play with the arguably the best coach(jackson) in all of sports just to listen? :facepalm:

IT MAKES NO SENSE FOR SLOAN AND ITS NO WAY sloan would coach the knicks given he got ran out of utah because of the star not listening to his coaching.. JUST LIKE WHAT HAPPEN IN NEW YORK..

if you didnt know sloan is hell bent on defense and being hands on.. he hated boozer because of his effort on d.. how is he going to want to coach lin,melo,& amare on that end.. his offense is on ALOT of off ball movement.. NOBODY ON THIS TEAM brings that..also it needs alot of willing passers.. which dantoni's system is about too.. and still he was the BLAME..so called

I still don't get where all this he was a cancer in Denver stuff came from. Karl and him were just fine until melo made it known that he wanted out which was his right as an upcoming free agent. For some reason basketball is the only sport where we don't think this is ok. Denver isn't better since melo left they are an 8 seed currently and I highly doubt they are going far. They were better than that when melo was there. Melo never fit with dantoni and dantoni didn't want melo so he certainly wasn't going to use him right. You fit a system around your players not the other way around. An offensive genious should be able to adapt or it's not very genious.

NYY 26 to 7
03-14-2012, 07:08 PM
and how did Linsanity set ny basketball back? If anything, it made more people care about the Knicks.

More bandwagon ny fans piling on who watched 7 games and thought the Knicks were going to win it all. This pushed the pressure to this point that the fan base is divided and the team. These new linsanity fans have an understanding that is as small of a sample as you can get to judge where the Knicks have been or are going. Dantoni ball never belonged in ny before melo and shouldn't have lasted now. But claiming that a 7 game run against bad teams with a guy the league didn't know how to game plan for yet and assuming everything was better is just wrong. I like Lin as a part of the team but linsanity hurt.

blastmasta26
03-14-2012, 07:11 PM
More bandwagon ny fans piling on who watched 7 games and thought the Knicks were going to win it all. This pushed the pressure to this point that the fan base is divided and the team. These new linsanity fans have an understanding that is as small of a sample as you can get to judge where the Knicks have been or are going. Dantoni ball never belonged in ny before melo and shouldn't have lasted now. But claiming that a 7 game run against bad teams with a guy the league didn't know how to game plan for yet and assuming everything was better is just wrong. I like Lin as a part of the team but linsanity hurt.

D'Antoni ball didn't belong the first couple of years, but it began to fit last season with Gallo, Wilson, Felton, Amare etc. We also saw a glimpse of it when Lin broke out and Melo was injured. MD was beginning to belong until Melo came to NY.

uwish1127
03-14-2012, 07:16 PM
Melo needs to go campaign should begin

boolish
03-14-2012, 07:26 PM
OMG STHU....Melo is a beast...His issue is COACH...He has always had terrible coaches...George Karl a good coach? Karl preaches as much Defense as ...wait...D'antoni...D'antoni preaches as much defense as Don Nelson. Im not saying Melo isnt at fault,he is a ball stopper,but imo the coach should address him being a ball hog. This is D'antonis team is it not ? i just find it odd,people call this guy a team killer but no one actually looks at the coach and control he enforces. You couldnt go to a Popovich team and jack bad shots. Larry Brown control Billups until he became trustworthy...Pop controled Parrker...Sloan didnt play...Jackson even with MJ and Pip had to have some sort of discipline. If Dantoni like Lins game and how he flows..tell Melo to stfu,all i see is Lin a good Pg in the future being barked at by Melo sometimes rightfully so...this tells me Dantoni doesnt have that iron fist,because a great coach takes a potentially good PG that has no guidance and controls their every move...Thats why NY sucks

he's a beast that shoots 37% and loses all the time.

boolish
03-14-2012, 07:27 PM
D'Antoni ball didn't belong the first couple of years, but it began to fit last season with Gallo, Wilson, Felton, Amare etc. We also saw a glimpse of it when Lin broke out and Melo was injured. MD was beginning to belong until Melo came to NY.

DAntoni didn't want Melo to begin with. And he was 100% right.

BklynKnicks3
03-14-2012, 07:27 PM
lol ruined he got nuggets as a 17 win team never won less then 42. Clowns dont all have red noses

SmartestGuyHere
03-14-2012, 07:31 PM
I'll take Carmelo over 97% of the nba players. He didn't ruin anything, the Knicks knew what kind of player he is before the trade. Its their damn fault for going after him.

JC_
03-14-2012, 07:37 PM

They won against some good teams during that Lin stretch, otherwise it wouldn't have been such a big deal. Knicks were sucking *** before that so of course people opened their eyes and got excited about them, IMO that's a good thing.

Bandwagon fans criticism shouldn't really matter to you.

edit: I should say that I think this thread is dumb as hell so I'm not agreeing with the op.

effen5
03-14-2012, 07:42 PM
He doesn't fit in ANYONE'S system!

Fits in jbs system.

The goods
03-14-2012, 07:43 PM
Phil jackson can fix all of melo's problems if they get him don't count them out just yet.

MrfadeawayJB
03-14-2012, 07:44 PM
I knew dantoni would be the scapegoat for this teams shortcomings...just didnt know he would be kicked out so early

Sactown
03-14-2012, 07:51 PM
Someeone needs to tell Amare and Melo that EVEN MJ wasn't above playing defense...

smith&wesson
03-14-2012, 08:04 PM

really ? melo lead the nuggets to the wcf's ... how is being 6th in the west better ??? when they reach the finals you can say they are better.

alot of blind hate in your post my man. .

BradHolt4CYoung
03-14-2012, 08:11 PM
really ? melo lead the nuggets to the wcf's ... how is being 6th in the west better ??? when they reach the finals you can say they are better.

There seems to be a mis conception in this thread.

When I said the Nuggets were "better" without him, I mean immediately after the trade. Last season, the Nuggets record before the Melo trade was much worse then when they traded him. I know Melo got them to the wcf years back, but im not talking about that, that was a different Nuggets team.

He's certainly made the Knicks worse. There is no arguing that from what I have seen since the time he has been here.

lol to that poster who called me a bandwagon fan. I was a Nets fan and still am a Nets fan. Why would I stop right before we get D12. I happen to live in NY, and it's not like I have ever hated the Knicks-there is no sort of rivalry unlike Giants/Jets. I just never considered myself a Knick "fan" because I didn't watch their games because I hated Marbury, and then hated Melo. Wished them the worst. Lin is a guy who made people around him better, and made the team not as boring to watch.

BradHolt4CYoung
03-14-2012, 08:14 PM

lol you can't tell by my avatar that I am a Mets fan? How about my username? Brad Holt is a Mets farmhand...im a diehard, far from a bandwagon fan.

Any person in the NFL forum or Cowboys/Jets/Eagles fans can tell you that I am one of the biggest Giants fans on this site...you know nothing about me, nor do you know me, so I dont see why I should defend myself tough guy.

The GEEEEE Men
03-14-2012, 08:19 PM
I'll tell you what the problem is.. It's time to bench Lin and start Davis

NYKSpiritBomb
03-14-2012, 08:19 PM
knicks have a 20 plus lead right now, coincidence?????

superwill
03-14-2012, 08:43 PM
You guys no dam well mike was not going to win anything he has to coach defense first for them to play it.............And stop with the lin thing you guys are acting this guy is on his way to the hall of fame.....I heard some ******* saying that about Bynum its like dam give the guys a chance to play first stop handing them stuff let the earn it first.

Green_Monster
03-14-2012, 08:46 PM
knicks have a 20 plus lead right now, coincidence?????

Celtics beat the Blazers by like 30, coincidence?

NYtilIdie
03-14-2012, 08:49 PM
Hmmmm, while all of this talk about sabotaging the team, Melo currently leads the team in scoring right now while having great ball movement & a 30+ point lead.

I think we know where the problem lied.

Also, funny how before everybody would call him Mike D'Anfony and talk about how flawed his system was, but now that he's resigned its all Melo's fault.

JC_
03-14-2012, 08:59 PM
Hmmmm, while all of this talk about sabotaging the team, Melo currently leads the team in scoring right now while having great ball movement & a 30+ point lead.

What's the difference in playstyle so far with the new coach?

JLynn943
03-14-2012, 09:31 PM
I've hated Melo ever since his pathetic showing against the Lakers a few years ago in the 1st round of the playoffs, where he was just jogging up and down the court and laughing as the Nuggets were getting further and further behind. Meanwhile Iverson and Najera (maybe Kleiza?) were playing their ***** off trying to win. Yet Iverson is the cancer...

Melo could be awesome if he'd apply himself and actually play hard. The rare times it happens, he's incredible. Unfortunately, the times he's done so in the NBA can probably be counted on two hands.

JLynn943
03-14-2012, 09:33 PM

I think we know where the problem lied.

Also, funny how before everybody would call him Mike D'Anfony and talk about how flawed his system was, but now that he's resigned its all Melo's fault.

One game means nothing. It's pretty typical for a team to play well the first game after a coach takes over mid-season.

KnickaBocka.44
03-14-2012, 09:34 PM

The players actually look like they want to be playing the game.

KnickaBocka.44
03-14-2012, 09:36 PM
One game means nothing. It's pretty typical for a team to play well the first game after a coach takes over mid-season.

Take it from someone who knows ^^^ :D

The GEEEEE Men
03-14-2012, 09:41 PM

Not everyone just has the green light to try and score, there are plays set for certain players aka the superstars like its supposed to be.. I want Melo and Amare to have the most points because they are our best players, they both had 15 at half.. We shouldnt have Lin as our top scorer.

NYtilIdie
03-14-2012, 09:54 PM

I don't want to hear a Kings fan talk about coaching changes, you went through the same s**t before us, you should know what it feels like when a coach loses the entire locker room.

JLynn943
03-14-2012, 09:55 PM
Take it from someone who knows ^^^ :D

Yeah, pretty much, haha

NYtilIdie
03-14-2012, 09:57 PM
Not everyone just has the green light to try and score, there are plays set for certain players aka the superstars like its supposed to be.. I want Melo and Amare to have the most points because they are our best players, they both had 15 at half.. We shouldnt have Lin as our top scorer.

This. When guys like Bill Walker have the green light to shoot as much as Carmelo, you know somethings wrong.

JLynn943
03-14-2012, 09:58 PM
I don't want to hear a Kings fan talk about coaching changes, you went through the same s**t before us, you should know what it feels like when a coach loses the entire locker room.

Yeah, I'm just cautioning that you shouldn't get your hopes up after one game. A lot of times when there's a coaching change, the team will play a lot better at first and then come back to earth.

fadedmario
03-14-2012, 09:59 PM
Melo = Villanueva

CudiOnMyiPod
03-14-2012, 10:03 PM

Nice. How about the 7 first round exits? No one ever talks about those. But they bring up the ONE year they made it out of the first round.

oak2455
03-14-2012, 10:08 PM
Melo = Villanueva

Miggy and Prince = two super DH'S:D

Fresno
03-14-2012, 10:16 PM
Nice. How about the 7 first round exits? No one ever talks about those. But they bring up the ONE year they made it out of the first round.

No one ever talks about those because Denver was eliminated almost every year by the eventual NBA Champion. His teams weren't relevant, had low expectations, and nobody will even mention those teams unless they're doing a story on the route to the Finals by the team who eliminated him.

Wake me when Carmelo gets on the big stage and "quits" on National TV for a 60 win team and "Finals favorite" like LeBron James did for the Cleveland Cavaliers.

You remember that, right?

Whether Denver lost in the 1st or 2nd Round it doesn't matter at all other than the simple fact Melo has no ring.

The fact people like you are spending so much time pointing out his teams losing in the First Round is ridiculous and lame considering how many players in the NBA spent long years as a #1 or #2 option without winning a Championship. Nobody cares what round they were eliminated in the Playoffs unless someone is looking to flame others in an argument.

NY007
03-14-2012, 10:19 PM
Miggy and Prince = two super DH'S:D

Where did you get that pic, got damn lol

NY007
03-14-2012, 10:26 PM
BTW It's not Melo who "ruined" this team. It was Mike D, this team was going no where before we made the trade.. what a first round knock out? Mike D has forced this system on this team, a system that does not fit the team. This is a half court team not a run and gun team, the only 2 guys I can really point out that fit that system is Fields and Lin. Amare and Melo don't fit it, yes Amare he's older now and he can't play like that anymore.

Mike D was the problem forcing a system that has only worked with Nash and Amare in their primes and they still never went to a championship. It was a unproven system that he was stubborn and ignorant about and he can take that system and stick it up his ***.

Fresno
03-14-2012, 11:00 PM
BTW It's not Melo who "ruined" this team. It was Mike D, this team was going no where before we made the trade.. what a first round knock out? Mike D has forced this system on this team, a system that does not fit the team. This is a half court team not a run and gun team, the only 2 guys I can really point out that fit that system is Fields and Lin. Amare and Melo don't fit it, yes Amare he's older now and he can't play like that anymore.

Mike D was the problem forcing a system that has only worked with Nash and Amare in their primes and they still never went to a championship. It was a unproven system that he was stubborn and ignorant about and he can take that system and stick it up his ***.

Agreed.

Remember why he quit on Phoenix because Steve Kerr told him to change the system and utilize Shaq in the halfcourt on offense and defense anchoring the post if they were to ever get to a NBA Finals.

He didnt want to do it and quit.

With the way Phoenix's training staff revived Shaq as a player & his motivation for the game they could've gotten to a NBA Finals with Nash/Amare/Shaq if only D'Antoni would've embraced it.

Say what you want about Shaq's defense but the guy held down the post like few other players could.

NY007
03-14-2012, 11:19 PM
Agreed.

Remember why he quit on Phoenix because Steve Kerr told him to change the system and utilize Shaq in the halfcourt on offense and defense anchoring the post if they were to ever get to a NBA Finals.

He didnt want to do it and quit.

With the way Phoenix's training staff revived Shaq as a player & his motivation for the game they could've gotten to a NBA Finals with Nash/Amare/Shaq if only D'Antoni would've embraced it.

Say what you want about Shaq's defense but the guy held down the post like few other players could.

Yea he really is a stubborn ignorant ****, he gets rid of talented players because they don't fit his system and forces it even when it doesn't fit the team. The only guy I can understand forcing their system and being stubborn on it is Phil Jackson, he's got A LOT of rings to back that up.

I mean really wtf did this guy ever accomplish? Who the **** is he to force a system on his star players and team who clearly didn't fit or like it..

xxplayerxx23
03-14-2012, 11:36 PM
Lol watever you say OP

C_Mund
03-15-2012, 12:33 AM

Sloan couldn't control or get along with or even coach Deron Williams, why would he all of a sudden change his tune for Melo? Sometimes things just don't work and it's not fair to blame everything on D'Antoni

PatsSoxKnicks
03-15-2012, 12:39 AM
Yea he really is a stubborn ignorant ****, he gets rid of talented players because they don't fit his system and forces it even when it doesn't fit the team. The only guy I can understand forcing their system and being stubborn on it is Phil Jackson, he's got A LOT of rings to back that up.

I mean really wtf did this guy ever accomplish? Who the **** is he to force a system on his star players and team who clearly didn't fit or like it..

Yes, Amare was absolutely dying to get out of the only system he's known his entire career and had much success in :rolleyes: Also, considering Lin has had a lot of praise for Mike D and called him a genius earlier, I'm sure he would've been fine with Mike staying.

Let's be clear here, there's one star and ONLY 1 star who wanted Mike out: Melo.

Punk
03-15-2012, 12:40 AM
Kinda is fair to blame it on D'antoni because:

1. No accountabity

2. Poor rotations (Lin, Melo, Amare were benched in the 4th quarter against the Bulls while JR Smith and Novak struggled and he made no subs)

3. He refuses to make proper adjustments. Example: Mike Dunleavy torched the Knicks from 3 point range and D'antoni benched Shumpert for being "unfocused" while Amare played NO D or rebounded.

4. His offensive system basically was asking Melo to be the 3rd option and a corner 3 point shooter similar to how Artest was supposed to fit into the Triangle for LA.

So, D'antoni's system was incredibly flawed. Incredibly. Tonight ironically was the best offensive game of the season for the Knicks. That's no coincidence.

Deemerc
03-15-2012, 12:46 AM
davis lin and amare all coming out saying they arent happy about dantoni leaving. looks like melo has divided this team now.

krazylegz
03-15-2012, 12:49 AM
if this was a lebron bashing thread,youd be in psd jail right now kid