PDA

View Full Version : Knicks interested in Chandler/Melo for Dwight/Turk

310Casper
03-14-2012, 02:22 PM
Just mentioned on 710am ESPN LA.

CB29
03-14-2012, 02:23 PM
it would do wonders for my fantasy teams but i don't see the sense in this for new york.

ManRam
03-14-2012, 02:24 PM
Hmm...

Could

Jameer
JJ/Richardson
Melo
Anderson
Chandler

be better than what the Knicks have now? I know with SVG they'd at least play defense for 48 minutes...

I'd imagine it would make the owner happy...who doesn't want to have to endure rebuilding. This does skip rebuilding completely...

CB29
03-14-2012, 02:26 PM
solid team for orlando... not that bad for ny but can they keep howard after the season.

lakerboy
If Knicks do this trade, Nets might be forced to trade D-Will to L.A. =)

shep33
I like that deal for both team... if Howard re-ups

boolish
03-14-2012, 02:28 PM
turable deal for ORL. nobody wants Melo anymore. ORL wants to dump contracts not take them on. ORL will be looking for high draft choices and young players.

Tmath
03-14-2012, 02:29 PM
I like this.

CostanzaNumba0
03-14-2012, 02:29 PM
this rumor has circulated a bunch but has no credibility

Joshtd1
03-14-2012, 02:30 PM
Lin/Shumpert/Fields/Amare/Howard?

Sadds The Gr8
not gonna happen.

ManRam
There were reports earlier that Orlando was interested in it...so if this is true, there's a mutual interest at least (potentially).

Still, they just got rid of D'Antoni...basically giving Melo a victory. Not sure they're still ready to give up on things.

Still, way too huge of a blockbuster for me to think it will happen.

KnicksorBust
I can't imagine this rumor going anywhere but it would be a fair deal for both teams. You know, unless Dwight then leaves and goes to Brooklyn at the end of the season and leaves us with Turk-Amar'e-Jeffries frontcourt for next season.

KnicksorBust
03-14-2012, 02:31 PM
There were reports earlier that Orlando was interested in it...so if this is true, there's a mutual interest at least (potentially).

Still, they just got rid of D'Antoni...basically giving Melo a victory. Not sure they're still ready to give up on things.

Tell that to Sloan and Deron Williams.

jsthornton7
03-14-2012, 02:31 PM
I think ORL is BETTER after that trade.

JordansBulls
03-14-2012, 02:32 PM
Hmm...

Could

Jameer
JJ/Richardson
Melo
Anderson
Chandler

be better than what the Knicks have now? I know with SVG they'd at least play defense for 48 minutes...

I'd imagine it would make the owner happy...who doesn't want to have to endure rebuilding. This does skip rebuilding completely...

Not sure why the Knicks do it, but if you are Orlando you do it.

BKLYNpigeon
03-14-2012, 02:34 PM
worth the gamble for NY.

nycericanguy
03-14-2012, 02:35 PM
If I'm NY I need Ryan Anderson back in that deal as well.

Mishmin
03-14-2012, 02:35 PM
goood deal for both, but dwights got to commit.

shep33
03-14-2012, 02:36 PM
I wonder if this is payback for last year? Knicks driving up the price for the Nets this time around?

The goods
I don't think howard and amare can play together but I guess its worth a try.

goose14741
Lin/Shumpert/Fields/Amare/Howard?

even tho it wont happen no it would be lin, fields, turk, amare, howard

justinnum1
03-14-2012, 02:39 PM
melo has turned into a cancer, he is a team killer

PhillyFaninLA
03-14-2012, 02:44 PM
The Knicks would have to be stupid to not be interested in that. I bet they are interested in Lin for CP3 as well.

There is no way Orlando would do that.

Who on 710 said this the, host (what was there sorce), a caller, a texter?

NetSymptom
03-14-2012, 02:45 PM
I wonder if this is payback for last year? Knicks driving up the price for the Nets this time around?

That was my first thought reading this. Broussard is a knicks homer so probably helping the knicks out by stirring this up.

I don't know if the knicks can risk Howard jolting for their crosstown rivals in the summer.

Rockice_8
03-14-2012, 02:45 PM
And then Dwight leaves for Brooklyn leaving NY with nothing. Way too risky for NY even if they want to dump Melo.

ManRam
03-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Do we have any sort of link?

I've heard that Orlando might be interested, but not New York yet...

Sox72
03-14-2012, 02:47 PM
I don't know why people automatically dismiss this as "not going to happen". It actually seems pretty reasonable to me.

Magic get a much better package than anything offered, and the Knicks need to change up their team anyhow. I can see Dwight signing an extension there. Why wouldn't he? D'Antoni is gone.

oak2455
03-14-2012, 02:50 PM
Ppl pretty sure this trade only happens if Dwight commits.... Seriously

ManRam
I don't know why people automatically dismiss this as "not going to happen". It actually seems pretty reasonable to me.

Magic get a much better package than anything offered, and the Knicks need to change up their team anyhow. I can see Dwight signing an extension there. Why wouldn't he? D'Antoni is gone.

It's just because I've yet to actually see a link/source saying NYK is interested...and when is the last time you've seen a blockbuster of this magnitude? Trades like this just never happen. I know the circumstances are unique...but still.

Robbw241
Whose going to score? The whole point of canning Mike D is so Melo can do W/E he wants. Lin-Shump-JR Smith-Amare-D12 would be pretty ****ing good with Mike IMO.

shep33
03-14-2012, 02:51 PM
That was my first thought reading this. Broussard is a knicks homer so probably helping the knicks out by stirring this up.

I don't know if the knicks can risk Howard jolting for their crosstown rivals in the summer.

this will sound weird, but if he leaves in the summer, it almost becomes like a smear campaign. I know Brooklyn is NYC's biggest borough, but even Brooklyn is filled with Knicks fans. So if D12 leaves the Knicks hanging, do you think it hurts his rep in the city of New York? Even if he does decide to go to Brooklyn?

gotoHcarolina52
03-14-2012, 02:52 PM
I like that trade for both sides

FlawlessVictory
03-14-2012, 02:52 PM
IF Dwight would commit to them, I would do this if I were both teams...

If I am Orlando, I insist they take Hedo AND Duhon as part of the deal:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6nx6baa

Melo, Tyson, Davis for Howard, Hedo and Duhon.

MU and UW Fan
03-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Won't happen unless Dwight tells them he will re-up with them and he's not going to do that.

Sox72
03-14-2012, 02:53 PM
It's just because I've yet to actually see a link/source saying NYK is interested...and when is the last time you've seen a blockbuster of this magnitude? Trades like this just never happen. I know the circumstances are unique...but still.

I agree with both of those statements. This trade actually makes too much sense to me. Kind of seems like a no-brainer. If you're NY I think you're automatically better with Dwight than with Carmelo and Chandler. If you're Orlando it's much better than f-ing Brook Lopez.

ManningToTyree
03-14-2012, 02:54 PM
And then Dwight leaves for Brooklyn leaving NY with nothing. Way too risky for NY even if they want to dump Melo.

This isn't gunna happen, but he wouldn't leave NY for BK

Sox72
03-14-2012, 02:55 PM
Won't happen unless Dwight tells them he will re-up with them and he's not going to do that.

Why don't you think he would do that? He seems like he wants to play in NY. And honestly, if you were going to play in NY would you rather be a Knick or a Net? Don't get me wrong, the Knicks blow. But still......a Net? That would be awful.

colinskik
03-14-2012, 02:57 PM
IF Dwight would commit to them, I would do this if I were both teams...

If I am Orlando, I insist they take Hedo AND Duhon as part of the deal:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6nx6baa

Melo, Tyson, Davis for Howard, Hedo and Duhon.
C'mon now. That seems a bit lopsided.

Mcdoh
03-14-2012, 02:57 PM
good trade for orlando if this happens. .

NetSymptom
03-14-2012, 02:58 PM
this will sound weird, but if he leaves in the summer, it almost becomes like a smear campaign. I know Brooklyn is NYC's biggest borough, but even Brooklyn is filled with Knicks fans. So if D12 leaves the Knicks hanging, do you think it hurts his rep in the city of New York? Even if he does decide to go to Brooklyn?

Knicks fans would be upset, but I would think they'd be more upset that their Front Office spent so many years with this great plan to sign these marquee stars then have it come to that.

I think most Knicks fans, though I may be wrong, understand that Dwight has wanted to go to Brooklyn for some time now. They may make fun of the package we've offered, but I don't know if they can deny Howard's interest in the Nets. If he leaves, it's simply that the Knicks FO made a reckless move, threw away all their years of planning, trading, and cap moves just to gamble on how intent Dwight was to team up with Deron.

Winning changes anything. If the Dwight/Deron combo win in New York, I think Knicks fans would have to respect that even if they don't like it.

AsfanSince99
03-14-2012, 02:59 PM
Anything to get rid of Melo.

uprightciti
03-14-2012, 03:00 PM
Hmm...

Could

Jameer
JJ/Richardson
Melo
Anderson
Chandler

****ing stupid

MU and UW Fan
03-14-2012, 03:00 PM
Why don't you think he would do that? He seems like he wants to play in NY. And honestly, if you were going to play in NY would you rather be a Knick or a Net? Don't get me wrong, the Knicks blow. But still......a Net? That would be awful.

Oh, I totally agree. I'd rather be a Knick than a Net too. I'm just saying I don't see the Knicks doing the trade unless Dwight will stay with Knicks for longer than the rest of this season.

ManRam
03-14-2012, 03:01 PM
I still can't find a single thing out there saying anything about the Knicks having interest...

KnicksorBust
03-14-2012, 03:02 PM
Knicks fans would be upset, but I would think they'd be more upset that their Front Office spent so many years with this great plan to sign these marquee stars then have it come to that.

I think most Knicks fans, though I may be wrong, understand that Dwight has wanted to go to Brooklyn for some time now. They may make fun of the package we've offered, but I don't know if they can deny Howard's interest in the Nets. If he leaves, it's simply that the Knicks FO made a reckless move, threw away all their years of planning, trading, and cap moves just to gamble on how intent Dwight was to team up with Deron.

Winning changes anything. If the Dwight/Deron combo win in New York, I think Knicks fans would have to respect that even if they don't like it.

We got cap flexibility to acquire an All-Star. We got a top 15-20 player in Amar'e. This allowed us to trade the rest of our depth to get another top 15-20 player in Carmelo. If we can now use a top 15-20 player to get a top 5-7 player, how is that reckless? That's smart. As long as we can lock him up.

The question is does Amar'e-Dwight work together and would Howard actually approve a deal to the Knicks. I think it's a long shot.

PhillyFaninLA
03-14-2012, 03:02 PM

If everyone already knows and have known for over a year that he was going to sign with the Nets in the summer of 2012 then you can't be mad or surprised when he does it.

If it hurts his rep then those aren't people worth him caring about anyway.

NYYCowboys
03-14-2012, 03:03 PM
I work in the city and grew up on Long Island, and throughout my entire life I've only known 1 Nets fan. I don't get why all these players want to go there. There is literally no buzz surrounding them.

Weezy
This won't happen Lol

Chronz
I like this trade for both teams, except I kind of enjoyed Melo in a bad situation.

Furymaker
03-14-2012, 03:04 PM
If I am Knicks I'd just trade Melo for some other SF and maybe SG , Melo is a team killer , ball hog , chucker , good scorer but nothing else . His ego is too much for any team to handle , trade his *** to Charlotte , let him be the man over there , take bismack , g.henderson + fillers to match salaries + 1' round pick/s and finish with melo saga .
Just to teach him a lesson

Sox72
03-14-2012, 03:04 PM
I still can't find a single thing out there saying anything about the Knicks having interest...

There's some discussion on it in a Chad Ford insider chat on ESPN. But that's not much to go on.

NetSymptom
03-14-2012, 03:06 PM

Would you have said the same thing about the Clippers a few years ago? If you were going to play in LA would you rather be a Laker or a Clipper?...

All it takes is one star moving to change the fortunes and outlook of a franchise. If Dwight joins the Nets, they aren't the Nets of old anymore. They're the team moving into the biggest borough in NYC, moving into the most expensive arena in the NBA, have a very interesting Ownership group to say the least, and have done a great job creating flexibility and the ability to improve moving forward.

Look what Chris Paul has done for the Clippers. You telling me Dwight/Deron and the rest of the assets can't do that next year, especially if they keep all their assets and sign Howard in FA?

Sox72
If I am Knicks I'd just trade Melo for some other SF and maybe SG , Melo is a team killer , ball hog , chucker , good scorer but nothing else . His ego is too much for any team to handle , trade his *** to Charlotte , let him be the man over there , take bismack , g.henderson + fillers to match salaries + 1' round pick/s and finish with melo saga .
Just to teach him a lesson

No! We want Charlotte to suck until at least 2016!

Mr Costanza

Exactly. No way this rumor has legs.

Rockice_8
03-14-2012, 03:08 PM
This isn't gunna happen, but he wouldn't leave NY for BK

He also isn't going to commit either. If he wanted the Knicks he would have put them on his list. I don't see anyone touching the Knicks with a 10 ft pole. That whole franchise is becoming toxic.

You go to NY and bad things happen to you.

Sox72
03-14-2012, 03:08 PM
Would you have said the same thing about the Clippers a few years ago? If you were going to play in LA would you rather be a Laker or a Clipper?...

All it takes is one star moving to change the fortunes and outlook of a franchise. If Dwight joins the Nets, they aren't the Nets of old anymore. They're the team moving into the biggest borough in NYC, moving into the most expensive arena in the NBA, have a very interesting Ownership group to say the least, and have done a great job creating flexibility and the ability to improve moving forward.

Look what Chris Paul has done for the Clippers. You telling me Dwight/Deron and the rest of the assets can't do that next year, especially if they keep all their assets and sign Howard in FA?

But you're still always second fiddle to the Knicks, no matter what you do. That would suck. Trust me I know how it feels, I'm not trying to pick on the Nets. I'm a White Sox fan in Chicago.

uprightciti
03-14-2012, 03:09 PM
if dwight would commit to them, i would do this if i were both teams...

If i am orlando, i insist they take hedo and duhon as part of the deal:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/trademachine?tradeid=6nx6baa

melo, tyson, davis for howard, hedo and duhon.

never ever ever do i want to see chris duhon in a knicks jersey again!!!!!

NetSymptom
03-14-2012, 03:11 PM
We got cap flexibility to acquire an All-Star. We got a top 15-20 player in Amar'e. This allowed us to trade the rest of our depth to get another top 15-20 player in Carmelo. If we can now use a top 15-20 player to get a top 5-7 player, how is that reckless? That's smart. As long as we can lock him up.

The question is does Amar'e-Dwight work together and would Howard actually approve a deal to the Knicks. I think it's a long shot.

I was speaking from the perspective that Howard leaves.

NetSymptom
03-14-2012, 03:17 PM
But you're still always second fiddle to the Knicks, no matter what you do. That would suck. Trust me I know how it feels, I'm not trying to pick on the Nets. I'm a White Sox fan in Chicago.

Knicks haven't won anything since the early 70's. A big reason the Knicks are so far above and beyond the Nets is that the Nets have been utterly inept for the majority of their history. I think a championship or two shifts the balance.

And I don't mean to say that Knicks fans will start converting to the Nets or that they will be the King of NY. But as kids are growing up in the area, they're going to hitch onto the team doing well with star players who are winning championships or coming close. As that generation gets older, you'll start seeing an even market between the teams IMO.

NetSymptom
03-14-2012, 03:19 PM

That's because everyone in Chicago wants to be a Cubs fan so they can say they were there when the Cubs finally won a WS :)

Evolution23
03-14-2012, 03:20 PM
Not happening. They gonna give Woodson atleast half a season to see if Melo works out.

Furymaker
03-14-2012, 03:21 PM
No! We want Charlotte to suck until at least 2016!

yea i forgot about their pick , trade his *** to DC then or some other crappy team

Rockice_8
03-14-2012, 03:23 PM

Yeah but you can just stick that fat diamond ring in their face and then what are those Cubs fans gonna say.

Look being second fiddle is never a good thing but if D-Will and Dwight don't care and they can win a ring then in the end who cares who is first or second in terms of fans. Winning cures all and I'm sure the Nets would love to stick a ring in the face of the Knicks fans. They can say "you'll always be second to us" but is that really going to matter?

Mr Costanza
03-14-2012, 03:23 PM
Knicks haven't won anything since the early 70's. A big reason the Knicks are so far above and beyond the Nets is that the Nets have been utterly inept for the majority of their history. I think a championship or two shifts the balance.

And I don't mean to say that Knicks fans will start converting to the Nets or that they will be the King of NY. But as kids are growing up in the area, they're going to hitch onto the team doing well with star players who are winning championships or coming close. As that generation gets older, you'll start seeing an even market between the teams IMO.

Your post is way too thought out and intelligent for this forum.

Probably makes the most sense of anything I've read here regarding the Nets move to Brooklyn.

310Casper
03-14-2012, 03:25 PM
The Nets will always be the 'clippers' of New York.

Sox72
03-14-2012, 03:32 PM

Ahhh, I hope that starts happening soon with Chicago baseball. But I digress.....

ManRam
03-14-2012, 03:42 PM
@SpearsNBAYahoo
Source close to situation says Knicks intrigued about a Dwight Howard deal, but says no way it includes Melo since James Dolan "loves him."

So they're interested...but no Melo.

justinnum1
03-14-2012, 03:46 PM
dwight doesnt want NY i dont think.

NYY09
03-14-2012, 03:50 PM
So they're interested...but no Melo.

Dolan should realize he's running/owning a team, not a dating service. Doesnt matter who he "loves". :pity:

lvlheaded
03-14-2012, 03:52 PM
Dolan wont give up Melo. He will try to do Tyson, Amar'e, and either Shump or Fielda for D12 and the Magic will say no because they don't want Amar'es knee

97NYer
03-14-2012, 03:53 PM
Lin/Davis
Shumpert/Smith/Douglas
Turk/Fields/Walker
Amar'e/Novak/Jeffries
Dwight/Harrelson

I think this is an improvement for the Knicks but i don't see it happening in 24 hours

Sports Illustrator
03-14-2012, 03:54 PM
I have read rumors about the knicks and Magic talking about Howard, but its such a huge deal and deals like these never really happen overnight. Only problem is that Howard never really mentioned NYK in his list and the knicks would likely want him to commit long term if they were to acquire him. During the season I've also read Amare and Chandler for Howard and Turkoglu. Anything is possible, but I cannot believe it until I see it happening. D'Antoni no longer a coach of the knicks makes it less likely for a deal to happen.

I never read that the knicks were interested in a Carmelo deal, but I did read that they were interested in a deal for Amare. I think the problem was that the Magic did not like the fact that his knees aren't insured.

97NYer
03-14-2012, 03:55 PM
Even if we lose Dwight, this team is better without Melo. The only problem would be having lost Chandler after the season. If this goes through and Dwight leaves.

Lin/Douglas
Shumpert/Fields
Turkoglu
Novak/Jeffries
STAT/Harrelson

Still pretty good offensively but between Lin, Turk, Novak and STAT, probably the worst D ever.

NYY09
03-14-2012, 04:06 PM
Besides after gutting the team for Melo trading him now would only confirm the fact that the team has absolutely no idea what they're doing.

justinnum1
03-14-2012, 04:07 PM
howard staying in orlando one more season, this can be closed