PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Melo Requests Trade...UPDATE: Melo Denies It

Pages : [1] 2

MagicFan1976
03-14-2012, 08:22 AM
According to the New York Post, Carmelo Anthony demanded urgent trade from the Knicks before the trade deadline on Thursday. Anthony “told a confidant he preferred to be traded before Thursday’s trade deadline”.

After New York Post published that news, the New Jersey Nets already answered about possible acquiring of Carmelo Anthony. The Nets are even ready to trade Deron Williams who still has not committed to a contract extension while ‘Melo has 3 years on his contract left.

Source (http://www.basknet.info/2012/03/14/carmelo-anthony-requested-trade-nets-already-answered/)

Rivera
03-14-2012, 08:25 AM
lololololollololol is the only response that comes to my head right now!

stawka
LMAO

Carmelo Anthony’s discontent with the Knicks organization became so severe after Monday night’s loss to the Bulls, he told a confidant he preferred to be traded before Thursday’s trade deadline, The Post has learned.
According to a person familiar with his thinking, Anthony’s disillusionment stems most from a belief coach Mike D’Antoni and interim GM Glen Grunwald do not trust him. He is surprised that after all the Knicks gave up to trade for him, he has not been asked for more input on personnel decisions, as Deron Williams has with the Nets.

"The organization makes believe his opinions don’t matter,’’ the source said.

However, Tuesday night, a source said Anthony and D’Antoni spoke in an attempt to reconcile their differences and made headway. On Monday night, Anthony only wanted to remain a Knick if he had assurances D’Antoni wouldn’t be back next season.
However, Anthony will not make a formal trade request.
As The Post reported Tuesday, Anthony was told after the Knicks were swept out of the playoffs by the Celtics last April that D’Antoni would not return for this season.
But now Anthony does not believe a decision on D’Antoni’s future is coming soon because D’Antoni and Grunwald, according to the source, are “like a couple.’’
Anthony was unavailable for comment Tuesday as the Knicks did not practice. It is against NBA rules to publicly state a desire to be traded.
According to the source, Grunwald has had just one conversation with Anthony since he became GM. And D’Antoni rarely talks to Anthony after games, especially since Anthony’s return from a groin injury. The Knicks have lost 8 of 10 games since then to fall to 18-24 and out of playoff position.
Anthony is not close to owner James Dolan the way Amar’e Stoudemire is. The source said Anthony gets along best with assistant GM Allan Houston, who eventually could succeed Grunwald.
“He knows Glen doesn’t like him,’’ the source said.
It would seem unlikely — and ill-advised — for the Knicks to pull off a trade for Anthony on such short notice before Thursday’s deadline.
Though Stoudemire lobbied for the Knicks to trade for Anthony, the pair’s friendship has not flourished.
“They’re not as close as people think they are,’’ the source said. “It’s an awkward relationship.’’
Anthony is not jealous of Jeremy Lin’s global fame, according to the source. Lin, the source said, is Anthony’s favorite teammate, and Anthony feels they could be like the Thunder duo of Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook.
According to the source, when Nuggets general manager Masai Ujiri tried to convince Anthony to stay in Denver last season, he repeatedly told Anthony he never would be able to handle the New York media. But Anthony believes the media has been the least of his problems and wished there was more feedback from his superiors.
Anthony has endured a poor season, shooting just 40 percent from the field while averaging 21.3 points and has not played well recently on defense.
D’Antoni rarely speaks in the same reverential tones about Anthony as he does about Lin, Stoudemire and Tyson Chandler.
When D’Antoni was asked after Monday’s loss to the Bulls if Anthony looked frustrated, D’Antoni replied, “More than normal, you mean? I don’t know. You’ll have to ask him.’’
Anthony appeared agitated on the court during the game and failed to join the huddle after the third quarter, though he said that is not uncommon. Though Anthony has expressed concern about his role in the offense, many play sets contain Anthony post-ups.
Anthony seemed extremely unhappy after the Knicks’ losing streak reached six games in Chicago.
“It [stinks],’’ Anthony said. “The situation we’re in right now [stinks]. Losing basketball games the way we’ve been losing games at the end of the game [stinks]. It’s not a good feeling right now.’’

http://m.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/source_anthony_at_odds_with_antoni_YjNqpRkBHjhTuav BXv5IhJ?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Knicks

mjt20mik
Interesting to see what unfolds before the 15th.

stawka
03-14-2012, 08:26 AM
Lllolllllllllllll

rockets-fan
03-14-2012, 08:26 AM
not again...really melo smh

Method28
03-14-2012, 08:28 AM
knick fans will be lucky if they can still pull a player of dwills caliber for him.

Melo has really shown the type of player/person he is.

fooled denver, fooled new york....surprised someone would STILL want him enough to give up a star (i know dwill is gna br a FA but still....id rather flip him for something else if im new jersey)

NetSymptom
03-14-2012, 08:30 AM
Forget Dwight Howard, we can get Carmelo Anthony!!!

[/sarcasm]

DITKA4GOV
03-14-2012, 08:30 AM
What a joke Melo is. He now thinks he can hold any team hostage.

ThePooH_1_
03-14-2012, 08:32 AM
LOOOOOOOOOL... is all I think right now... and a little bit of this = :ouch:

but it's a really good deal for the Knicks. I'd do it without a second thougt. Just imagine amare and chandler with a great PG :speechless:.. oh sorry forgott about Lin, sorry they already got the best PG in the NBA :P

Rockice_8
03-14-2012, 08:33 AM
:cricket:

MagicFan1976
03-14-2012, 08:33 AM
This is interesting and really good trade for both Knicks and Nets. Nets get longterm superstar and Knicks get real player finally...

rockets-fan
03-14-2012, 08:34 AM
LOOOOOOOOOL... is all I think right now... and a little bit of this = :ouch:

but it's a really good deal for the Knicks. I'd do it without a second thougt. Just imagine amare and chandler with a great PG :speechless:.. oh sorry forgott about Lin, sorry they already got the best PG in the NBA :P

haha you read my mind with the lin thing

NetSymptom
03-14-2012, 08:35 AM
This is interesting and really good trade for both Knicks and Nets. Nets get longterm superstar and Knicks get real player finally...

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Ty Fast
03-14-2012, 08:38 AM
denver???

chi-townlove1
Honestly. Can this get anymore out of control. Three team trade magic nets Knicks.

Dwight to nets
Brooke +++ to Knicks
Melo to magic

ThePooH_1_
I wonder what Lin is thinking about this :D. He must be really happy :D

Method28
03-14-2012, 08:39 AM
I wonder what Lin is thinking about this :D. He must be really happy :D

umm not if they get dwill dude lol

kobebabe
03-14-2012, 08:40 AM

Seriously?????

lvlheaded
03-14-2012, 08:40 AM
I'll gladly take D-Will, spin Lin for a solid swingman

D-Will/Davis/Shumpert
Fields/Smith/Shumpert
Beasley/Fields/Novak
Amar'e/Jefferies/Novak
Tyson/Jefferies/Harrellson

Beasley is just a name to throw out their since Min would probably want a PG now with Rubio out for the year

Kleonidas
03-14-2012, 08:41 AM
Melo lasted one year in NYC, being a God from Syracuse. Good luck Dwight. What a fool.

kobebabe
03-14-2012, 08:41 AM
Wow! I thought Dwight Howard was a Diva? This is the biggest Diva ever! He think he can manipulate any team he plays for! I would not want him in my team. He is a loser to begin with!

Method28
03-14-2012, 08:43 AM
Melo is pushing it....dan gilbert is gonna send out a strongly worded letter about this

Ty Fast
03-14-2012, 08:43 AM
Honestly. Can this get anymore out of control. Three team trade magic nets Knicks.

Dwight to nets
Brooke +++ to Knicks
Melo to magic

y would the knicks give up melo 4 a guy who would b back up?

melo 4 d will
knicks get a pg and the nets get a guy who is signed beyond this yr

Rain 816
03-14-2012, 08:45 AM
lmfao

IndiansFan337
03-14-2012, 08:46 AM
I'm sure the Nets are offering that trade, because Melo is signed for 4 more years than Williams.

I don't think Melo would want to go to Brooklyn though for two reasons: A.) the supporting cast he would have around him is terrible and B.) the media scrutiny would be absolutely terrible since the Nets are going to be forced onto us as the NYK's biggest rival as soon as they move to Brooklyn.

I think a swap involving Melo for Dwight Howard would be more likely than Melo for Williams. But then again, I don't see NYK taking on Turkoglu's contract. So that would put a hamper in negotiations between NYK-Orlando.

Slimsim
**** melo

Rockice_8
I guess everyone missed the story about Dwight coming to Brooklyn.

I can't even believe this thread has legs. D-Will is not getting traded for Melo, not in (Dr. Evil voice) 1 million years.

This thread = FAIL!! :facepalm:

benzni
26 posts to the OP. must be true. Recent posts were "utah looking to trade millsap, harris, team for westbrook"

better than the onion.

good job, Nets would not gut their chance to get Howard

oak2455
03-14-2012, 08:49 AM
Ohhh boy

oak2455
03-14-2012, 08:49 AM
**** melo

That too man up Melo

Swashcuff
03-14-2012, 08:50 AM
I'm withholding judgement until something formal is released but if this is indeed true Melo will go from one of my favourite players in the league to one that I don't have much respect for. This is such a b**** move.

NetSymptom
I'm banging my head against the wall reading this thread.

This article doesn't even have a SOURCE, he just made up some crap. NO WAY IN H*#LL THE NETS WOULD TRADE MELO FOR DERON.

Rockice_8
The Knicks season has gone from nose dive to crash and burn really fast. Heads will roll sooner rather then later and they start with Mike D.

Method28
03-14-2012, 08:51 AM
melo to nj
dwill to lal
gasol to minny
love to chi
rose to bos
rondo to port
aldridge to okc
westbrook to miami
bosh to houston
lowry to utah
jefferson to memphis
gay to lac
cook to charlotte

everybody wins

SaimuKala
pau pau!!!! lol jk

Rndy
Haha Deron is the guy who they should have tried to get in the first place. Instead the gm tried building a team through nba 2k.

Slimsim
If true i Hate him you need thick skin in NY

MagicFan1976
03-14-2012, 08:52 AM
Seriously?????
Your really don't think Melo is a superstar???

Seriously?!?!

BTW Kobe's fg% this season? Superstar?! Really?!

Method28
03-14-2012, 08:52 AM
oh yeah....forgot to give someone back to nj....ummmm charlotte doesnt have anyone lol
kemba walker?

IndyRealist
03-14-2012, 08:54 AM
Knicks need to pull the trigger now before the Nets realize Melo is a team killer.

showtime24
03-14-2012, 08:56 AM
SMH. They need a coach that will suit to Melo style of play hope the Knicks FO realize this.

IndyRealist
03-14-2012, 08:56 AM

Seriously?!?!

Yup. Melo is horrible. All rep, no production. I'd take Kobe over Melo any day of the week.

lvlheaded
03-14-2012, 08:59 AM
Melo and Lin for D-Will, Brooks, 2nd

benzni
03-14-2012, 08:59 AM
DERRICK ROSE TO MINNESOTA TWINS for JOE MAUER

Method28
03-14-2012, 09:00 AM
DERRICK ROSE TO MINNESOTA TWINS for JOE MAUER

horrible deal for the bulls. mauer is coming off injury.

jp611
03-14-2012, 09:00 AM
This should get interesting

Swashcuff
03-14-2012, 09:01 AM
SMH. They need a coach that will suit to Melo style of play hope the Knicks FO realize this.

Coaching is not the problem. The system is. In order for a player like Melo to be successful he needs a team and a system that is more defensive oriented which would make up for his short comings. Melo in a Pacers uni would be way more valuable than Melo in a Knicks.

NetSymptom
03-14-2012, 09:02 AM
The New York Knicks have learned Carmelo Anthony wants out of New York. The Los Angeles Lakers have inquired about the possibility of acquiring him. They are even prepared to trade Bynum who is uncommitted for the future.

See how easy it is to just post something with no sources?

JordansBulls
03-14-2012, 09:02 AM
:laugh2:

This dude wanted NY soo bad and now he wants out. He can't handle the pressure.

theheatles
03-14-2012, 09:03 AM
car-ME-lo!

this dude is as selfish as it gets in the nba

LakersKB24
03-14-2012, 09:03 AM
Well, if NY wanrs to hold on to D'Antoni, Melo leaving is the best option for all three parties, especially if they get Deron in return (which I doubt though)

D'Antoni's system needs an elite PG to be effective, and still I don't see him winning a championship. The roster has so much potential but they are completely underachieving

Master Mind
03-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Wow!!!!!!

Method28
03-14-2012, 09:06 AM
anthony to lal for bynum?! holy ****!

crazy deal....ill stand by and watch sportscenter until its announced

Master Mind
03-14-2012, 09:07 AM
Yikes

KnickVeteran
03-14-2012, 09:08 AM
This is unbelievable. D'Antoni has to go.

theheatles
03-14-2012, 09:09 AM
trade him to charlotte!

theheatles
03-14-2012, 09:10 AM
trade melo to charlotte!

Ill21
03-14-2012, 09:11 AM
This organization is a joke. Once again I am ashamed to be a Knicks fan

alencp3
03-14-2012, 09:12 AM
I know GIFs are not allowed here but i really want to post that MJ eating popcorn gif lol

JayW_1023
Melo is a joke. And people are overdue finding out.

Ill21
trade him to charlotte!

I agree, teach him a lesson and let his career rot there.

Kemba
Tyrus Thomas
1st round picks

LongIslandIcedZ
03-14-2012, 09:13 AM
Day in the life of a Jets and Knicks fan

Thank god for the Yanks

YashBoone
03-14-2012, 09:13 AM
This is complete nonsense. I'm a knick fan, and after what we went through last year to get him, I would be the biggest fail if we traded him before he plays here for even one full season.

tcav701
03-14-2012, 09:14 AM
Now all the Knick fans who try to convince us how great Melo is will flip flop and talk about how much he sucks.

LongIslandIcedZ
03-14-2012, 09:15 AM
Depending on what the Knicks can actually get back for him, I think I would be ok with moving him.

Weezy
03-14-2012, 09:15 AM
He wants Mike D out.....system doesn't fit his game. Carmelo Anthony isnt Danilo Gallinari.. and is what Mike is forcing him to become.

JayW_1023
03-14-2012, 09:17 AM
Trade Melo for DeMarcus Cousins...another knucklehead. But Cousins has more upside and he is a rare big with real big man skills. Not a bad trade really.

Meanwhile the Kings get a go to guy, a role Melo wants. He doesn't play well in a complementary role obviously.

Lakeshow24KB
03-14-2012, 09:18 AM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL well if he goes to the nets then what happens with dwight

showtime24
03-14-2012, 09:19 AM
Coaching is not the problem. The system is. In order for a player like Melo to be successful he needs a team and a system that is more defensive oriented which would make up for his short comings. Melo in a Pacers uni would be way more valuable than Melo in a Knicks.

Thats what I meant. With the right coach and system Melo will excel. Coach Mike system is basically not having a positive result.

LongIslandIcedZ
03-14-2012, 09:19 AM
I get nervous though if that Deron for Melo swap is true. That tells me that the Nets think Deron will be gone in the offseason.

He115ing
03-14-2012, 09:21 AM
I would rather get rid of Mike than Melo

KnickVeteran
The coach isn't even adjusting his system to play to his strength. Lets be honest, Mike D'Antoni never wanted Carmelo here. Carmelo may come off as an *** in this alleged trade request, but when you have a coach that continually to make backhanded comment towards him into the media, never have dialogue with him as a star/coach should have, tuned out of the offense.....it's either you want me here or not. I don't agree with his alleged trade request, but Knicks have to realize D'Antoni was the wrong coach from the beginning. Everyone knows my distaste for his system. The offense should be 60% Amare and Melo, not 60% Lin and others.

Rockice_8
Melo and Lin for D-Will, Brooks, 2nd

You can stop posting trade ideas cause you have a better shot at landing Dwight then D-Will.

Don't be that guy.

oak2455
03-14-2012, 09:22 AM
Ohhh well Melo guess Mikes leaving

iliketurtles24
03-14-2012, 09:28 AM
ha... thats all i have to say.

JOhnnyTHaJet
03-14-2012, 09:29 AM
Lol this is a joke, the Nets do not want to acquire Melo after this whole Dwight this is basically wrapped in a bow.

You can keep em Knicks fans.

ragee
03-14-2012, 09:29 AM
The Nets offering D-Will to anyone just means good news for any Mavs fan! :D

GoferKing_
03-14-2012, 09:30 AM

Seriously?!?!

Kobe brings W's and rings, Melo brings L's and soap opera, with no defence. xD

algreek3
03-14-2012, 09:33 AM
Lol this is a joke, the Nets do not want to acquire Melo after this whole Dwight this is basically wrapped in a bow.

You can keep em Knicks fans.

OK. What if Dwight has told Deron that he is signing with Orlando?

That means, Deron is a GONER after this season. This makes perfect sense for the Nets if they know Deron is gone.

GoferKing_
03-14-2012, 09:33 AM
Trade Melo for DeMarcus Cousins...another knucklehead. But Cousins has more upside and he is a rare big with real big man skills. Not a bad trade really.

Meanwhile the Kings get a go to guy, a role Melo wants. He doesn't play well in a complementary role obviously.

Thanks, but we don't need a loser pus-sy. And Boogie is a nice kid, you real don't know nothing about him. :)

He115ing
03-14-2012, 09:34 AM
If Knicks trade Melo instead of getting rid of Mike I will stop watching Knicks games. This team is a freaking disaster.

HouRealCoach
03-14-2012, 09:38 AM
Honestly... I dont believe this

Kidd>>>K-Mart
03-14-2012, 09:40 AM
I get nervous though if that Deron for Melo swap is true. That tells me that the Nets think Deron will be gone in the offseason.

I think the Deron Williams swap was the writers opnion trying to feud rumors. I just don't see that swap happening and the Nets don't have anyhting the Knicks would want for Melo except for 4 first round draft picks the next 3 years.

sixer04fan
03-14-2012, 09:40 AM
This can't be real.

meloman1592
03-14-2012, 09:41 AM
Smh melo ur making me look bad

NetSymptom
03-14-2012, 09:41 AM

That means, Deron is a GONER after this season. This makes perfect sense for the Nets if they know Deron is gone.

Honestly, I'd rather let Deron walk for nothing then get Melo back for him.

Melo is a loser, hasn't helped his team win anything, is expensive, and would simply keep the Nets in the dreaded 7th-8th seed territory for the remainder of his contract, from which he would probably sign elsewhere.

If, hypothetically, Deron were to leave, I would want some cap relief and picks so we can rebuild or an actual superstar in return.

PhillyFaninLA
03-14-2012, 09:42 AM
I only opened this topic to say (I haven't read its contents).

If you want to lie or post clearly fake news and rumors at least be smart enough to see if it is reasonably close to possible. The Nets would under no circumstance do this with the possibility of getting Dwight via free agency or trade also why would the Nets offer the better player.

Common sense troll, when you lie or post fake rumors ask yourself is this possibly true.

JOhnnyTHaJet
03-14-2012, 09:45 AM

.....Why on earth would Deron go to Orlando? They dont have the money for him?

NJ/BK presents an entirely perfect situation with him. Bringing in Dwight, having cap space, great young shooters (Morrow/Brooks), a Center that can be moved from an additional player, OH and that Billion dollar arena called the Barclays center...

Deron has shown ZERO indications that he is leaving and Dwight has shown thousands of indications that he wants to be here in Brooklyn. Lets use our common sense.

algreek3
03-14-2012, 09:53 AM

NJ/BK presents an entirely perfect situation with him. Bringing in Dwight, having cap space, great young shooters (Morrow/Brooks), a Center that can be moved from an additional player, OH and that Billion dollar arena called the Barclays center...

Deron has shown ZERO indications that he is leaving and Dwight has shown thousands of indications that he wants to be here in Brooklyn. Lets use our common sense.

Didn't say Deron would go to Orlando. If Dwight is re-signing with the Magic, Deron is 100% GONE in the offeason. Most likely to Dallas.

The Nets know this and if they know that Dwight is about to sign extension, the only option is to trade for Carmelo.

maddBat
LOL!!!! are you ppl really making up trades to swap melo 4 dwill.... ahahahahahahaha

algreek3

Didn't say Deron would go to Orlando. If Dwight is re-signing with the Magic, Deron is 100% GONE in the offeason. Most likely to Dallas.

mgsports
Hedo/Duhon/Orton/Smith -7wins for Anthony/Douglas/Jeffries +7wins?

benzni

So they are going to Memphis?

Tom TippinHoe's
03-14-2012, 09:54 AM
Go home Melo.... What a punk.

Becks2307
03-14-2012, 09:58 AM
Im saying it right now, if/when the knicks lose tonight, all hell will break loose.

kntresistheheat
03-14-2012, 09:59 AM
Melo to Orlando?

JOhnnyTHaJet
03-14-2012, 10:00 AM
So they are going to Memphis?

Cmon man are you ****ing kidding? I said common sense.

Clearly theyll end up in Milwaukee, they have cheese there, EVERYBODY ****ING LOVES CHEESE

Robbw241
03-14-2012, 10:01 AM
Lulz deron for dwill? Yah let's screw getting Dwight melo all day #supersarcasm

Mayweather&NYK
03-14-2012, 10:06 AM
Bogus rumor....

Leon Rose sad "total nonsense.... its laughable"

via reAL g..M....

/ THREAD

Mayweather&NYK
Bogus rumor....

Leon Rose said "total nonsense.... its laughable"

via reAL g..M....

/ THREAD

Swashcuff

Sounds very much like Cleveland Cavaliers fans a little over 2 years ago:laugh2: At the end of the day no one knows what the outcome is going to be but saying all this stuff about this beyond the perfect situation for Deron sounds like a fairytale.

JOhnnyTHaJet
03-14-2012, 10:07 AM

The Nets know this and if they know that Dwight is about to sign extension, the only option is to trade for Carmelo.

Deron is no sure thing to Dallas. Since he wants to play wherever Dwight plays, Dallas would have to clear a lot of cap space just to fit the two in, which frankly will be very difficult (shut up Mavs fans, nobody is taking Marions contract as easily as you think, be realistic). Brooklyn makes the most sense and is clearly the easiest of all things to get done.

These indications have been around for awhile and become reality day after day.

LA_Raiders
03-14-2012, 10:07 AM
He wont be traded...

JOhnnyTHaJet
03-14-2012, 10:10 AM
Sounds very much like Cleveland Cavaliers fans a little over 2 years ago:laugh2: At the end of the day no one knows what the outcome is going to be but saying all this stuff about this beyond the perfect situation for Deron sounds like a fairytale.

How does that even make sense?

Mr_Amaziing
03-14-2012, 10:11 AM
Melo to Orlando for Redick, Anderson, J.Richardson & 1st rounder

Jarvo
03-14-2012, 10:11 AM
Lol I feel sorry for knick fans like really melo!?!? If only they can go back in time and not make that trade for his *** in the first place. Boy I lost even more respect for this dude, After this no more hate or heat on lebron.

save the knicks
03-14-2012, 10:13 AM
Sensationalist dubiously sourced articles for the win.

Calm down this is how they sell papers in NY

masTOR_shake1
03-14-2012, 10:13 AM
the nba, where disloyalty and fickle prima donna b.s happens.

JOhnnyTHaJet
03-14-2012, 10:15 AM
Melo to Orlando for Redick, Anderson, J.Richardson & 1st rounder

Im no Knicks fan but really... you think thats the haul they would get for Melo? a top 10 player?

Yeah......about that.

nycsports2
03-14-2012, 10:16 AM
dantoni gone way b4 melo is.. calm down folks

justinnum1
03-14-2012, 10:17 AM
:laugh:

justinnum1
03-14-2012, 10:17 AM
Im no Knicks fan but really... you think thats the haul they would get for Melo? a top 10 player?

Yeah......about that.

melo is not close to being a top 10 player

pd1dish
03-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Melo and Dwight are being *****es. these guys ALWAYS have to have their way (along with some other stars i wont name). its getting old that they can control their organizations so much.

BALLER R
03-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Melo is still nice, forget what any of you guys on where think. thew knicks just isn't the place for him. he's not being used the way he should.

Sly Guy
03-14-2012, 10:19 AM
news flash 'melo. You opinion DOESN'T MATTER. That's why you're a player and not a GM or a Coach.

Davidgta1
Wow I wonder if they get what they gave.

meloman1592
U idiots believe this? Its a typical ny media move to do some **** like this!

1_team_1_dream
I would trade melo and chandler for howard. leaving nj stuck with d will and then sign d will in the off season

Chill_Will_24
03-14-2012, 10:20 AM
:laugh: Oh the irony!!! The Knicks are a walking breathing team of fail.

The Nets are on the verge of getting Dwight Howard to pair with Deron Williams in Brooklyn while the Knicks will miss the playoffs. :laugh: and now people think that the Nets will trade Deron to NY for Melo!? :facepalm:

This is actually not a very fun time to be a Knick fan. I commend the loyalists like Oak and Punk and Slim but bandwaggon fans are gonna take over NY!

BALLER R
03-14-2012, 10:20 AM
Why you guys getting on Melo. The problem he has is that the Front Office brought him here but yet they don't listen to him or trust him. Would you want to be in a place like that cause I wouldn't either.

JOhnnyTHaJet
03-14-2012, 10:21 AM
melo is not close to being a top 10 player

He certainly is, maybe 9 or 10 depending how you rank certain players.

He hasnt shown up as of late at all but Melo has always been a great player. And this is coming from a Nets fan who hates the Knicks dearly.

BKLYNpigeon
03-14-2012, 10:21 AM
he's not getting traded. he's just airing out his frustrations with D'Antoni.

JOhnnyTHaJet
03-14-2012, 10:22 AM
:laugh: Oh the irony!!! The Knicks are a walking breathing team of fail.

The Nets are on the verge of getting Dwight Howard to pair with Deron Williams in Brooklyn while the Knicks will miss the playoffs. :laugh:

This is actually not a very fun time to be a Knick fan. I commend the loyalists like Oak and Punk and Slim but bandwaggon fans are gonna take over NY!

But I thought Jeremy Lin was the next Steve Nash.........

BKLYNpigeon
03-14-2012, 10:24 AM
The Knicks need a Coach to have a system to utilize this talent.

Melo is a very good player. but because of his personality its really easy to point your finger at him. I personally dont like the guy, or his game. He was the best player on Team USA.

Melo has to change a bit and so do the Knicks to make it work.

1_team_1_dream
03-14-2012, 10:25 AM
Don't believe it. He loves this city and the team. Believe that! RT @TeamMelo7: Carmelo Anthony's agent, Leon Rose, refutes reports that Melo wants out of NY. "Total nonsense," Rose tells Daily News. "It's laughable."
More Sharing ServicesShare | Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email Share on print

A Tweet by @lala

JOhnnyTHaJet
U idiots believe this? Its a typical ny media move to do some **** like this!

Oh so when this BS about Dwight wanting to play on the Heat comes out or Deron committed to going to Dallas its legitimate to all Knicks fans yet when its about there own players its just the "NY Media".

Please.

I dont think he will be traded at all but Knicks fans need a slap of reality as to whats media hype and what isnt.

Sanyo
They need players who are unselfish on the Knicks -- before Melo returned and Lin was on a roll, the Knicks were doing well for two big reasons -- passing and strong defense -- two words that are not in the vocob of Carmelo. It wouldnt matter if he was just a bench player but as a star, he is a big part of the chemistry on the team -- Im sure there are a ton of players on the Knicks, including Amare, who would like him gone. I wouldnt mind trading Melo for some good shooters, I dont need a superstar back. Someone who would work with the quick system of D"Antoni.

Jarvo
03-14-2012, 10:26 AM
And I kinda knew the knicks were cursed :speechless:

Chill_Will_24
03-14-2012, 10:26 AM
But I thought Jeremy Lin was the next Steve Nash.........

What!? Dont disrespect the Kung Pao Mamba like that! He is the next CP3! Get it right.

JasonJohnHorn
03-14-2012, 10:27 AM
I'd try to pry Kris Humpries out of the deal as well... send them Lin and Melo for D-Will and Humpries...Hump could serve as the back up at C and PF and get starting minutes that way. It'd be a good front court rotation, and the Nets will need a PG if they trade D-Will and dont seem to be in love with Hump, considering how they waited so long to sign him.

Swashcuff
How does that even make sense?

In your universe you'll believe what you want to but there is something call reality and until their names are signed on that dotted line NOTHING is a given. Remember it was also said that Miami didn't have the resources to get both LeBron and Bosh while keeping Wade.

ManRam
I don't know if I believe this...but who knows.

When the going gets hard, just complain and force a trade!

Carmelo is just mad that everyone hates Dwight more than him. He's trying to take his crown back!

Chill_Will_24
03-14-2012, 10:28 AM
I'd try to pry Kris Humpries out of the deal as well... send them Lin and Melo for D-Will and Humpries...Hump could serve as the back up at C and PF and get starting minutes that way. It'd be a good front court rotation, and the Nets will need a PG if they trade D-Will and dont seem to be in love with Hump, considering how they waited so long to sign him.

Humphries at C? Watch basketball and get off the xbox sir

JOhnnyTHaJet
03-14-2012, 10:30 AM
What!? Dont disrespect the Kung Pao Mamba like that! He is the next CP3! Get it right.

Oh god, I am so sorry. I hope Mr. Lin and his followers forgive me :worthy:

Slimsim
03-14-2012, 10:30 AM
Sad day to be a Knicks fan. Time to build around Lin, Shump and Chandler. Knicks locker room is obviously dysfunctional

LongIslandIcedZ
03-14-2012, 10:31 AM
It's not happening, Melo's agent already rejected the notion of it calling it laughable. And although getting DWill back would be nice, if the Nets were willing to trade him that means he wasnt willing to commit to a long term deal. As much as Melo is annoying me right now, I certainly wouldnt trade him for a 20 day rental, unless of course Dwill wanted to extend.

JOhnnyTHaJet
03-14-2012, 10:32 AM
In your universe you'll believe what you want to but there is something call reality and until their names are signed on that dotted line NOTHING is a given. Remember it was also said that Miami didn't have the resources to get both LeBron and Bosh while keeping Wade.

Understandably, I never said anything was guaranteed, I was saying the indications lead us to believe that Deron and Dwight will be playing and Brooklyn. Its really not that far fetched by any means.

Anything can happen, Im not oblivious to that, for all I know they could end up on the friggin Hornets but for now it isnt asinine to believe that Deron and Dwight as most likely playing together in NY.

Weezy
03-14-2012, 10:33 AM
People are so gullible.... basically shows how much IQ general public has.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-14-2012, 10:36 AM
knick fans will be lucky if they can still pull a player of dwills caliber for him.

Melo has really shown the type of player/person he is.

fooled denver, fooled new york....surprised someone would STILL want him enough to give up a star (i know dwill is gna br a FA but still....id rather flip him for something else if im new jersey)

How did he fool Denver or NY?

Baller1
03-14-2012, 10:37 AM
Thank god there's still the Duncan's, Pierce's, Durant's, and Rose's of the world... Because **** like this is just ridiculous. Good Melo, leave. New York will be better off without you anyway.

ChitownSports16
03-14-2012, 10:38 AM
All he is saying is its me or new coaching...

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-14-2012, 10:38 AM
It's not happening, Melo's agent already rejected the notion of it calling it laughable. And although getting DWill back would be nice, if the Nets were willing to trade him that means he wasnt willing to commit to a long term deal. As much as Melo is annoying me right now, I certainly wouldnt trade him for a 20 day rental, unless of course Dwill wanted to extend.

But, people are ignorant and have there minds made up. And don't think for themselvs, just go off of what the media and the rest of the ignorance on here post.

"He's shown what kind of a person he is!" :laugh2:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-14-2012, 10:39 AM
Thank god there's still the Duncan's, Pierce's, Durant's, and Rose's of the world... Because **** like this is just ridiculous. Good Melo, leave. New York will be better off without you anyway.

READ!!!!!!!! Do YOUR HOMEWORK!!!!

ManRam
03-14-2012, 10:41 AM

As awesome as KD and Rose are...let's see what happens if/when either of those teams stop winning...

But yeah. It's rare these days to find a humble star that doesn't act like a spoiled brat.

justinnum1
03-14-2012, 10:43 AM

why would melos agent confirm the report and reduce what little value melo has left?

Stunner
03-14-2012, 10:46 AM
Send thee 1st to NY http://espn.go.com/nba/trademachine

LongIslandIcedZ
03-14-2012, 10:52 AM
why would melos agent confirm the report and reduce what little value melo has left?

Why would the agent care about Melo's value? He's getting paid his money owed in his contract regardless.

LAK3R 4 LIFE
03-14-2012, 10:53 AM
I think the knick do play better without him why don't they trade him for good role players instead of another "Big Name" this team was better as Stats team anyways ppl where talking about him as MVP!

Hows this trade

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine? tradeId=7o6dxu2

Lakers get: Melo, Lowry

Houston get: Gasol, Mcbob

Knicks get: Martin, Scola, Ebanks and maybe some picks

Then Lakers can get Wallace???

Just trying to think outside the box lol

sportzkid1503
03-14-2012, 10:53 AM
I swear if the Nets are stupid enough to trade Deron Williams and basically pass on possibly getting Dwight Howard for fat **** CARMELO ANTHONY i officially resign as a Nets fan.

Westbrook36
03-14-2012, 10:55 AM
I'd take him on the 76ers for a cheap price tag, although I do love the chemistry we have as a team. Adding in a player who can score around a defensive team with a coach that can handle him..Could do some big things

JOSKOMANG4
Nets acquire PG J.Lin & C.Anthony. (Nets trade B.Lopez, M.Brooks, & 2-1st rd picks to Magic for Howard.

Lineup:

C- Howard/Okur/Petro
PF- Hump/SHE williams/J.Williams
SF- Anthony/D.James
SG- Morrow/Stevenson/Green
PG- Lin/Farmar/Gaines

- Knicks acquire Sf Shawne Williams & PG D.Williams

C- Chandler/J.Jefferies/Jordan
PF- Amare/Harrelson
SF- Sha Williams/Novak/Walker
SG- Fields/JR Smith/Shumpert
PG- Deron Williams/Davis/Douglass or Bibby.

Avenged
ESPN First Take is on. Said this is false! :p

the_jon
03-14-2012, 10:57 AM
I'm starting to seriously reconsider investing my money and time on the NBA. Even if this isn't true, there's just way too many spoiled brats in the game for me to take the NBA seriously anymore. It's truly disturbing to me where the league is at and where it's heading.

Swashcuff
03-14-2012, 10:58 AM
As awesome as KD and Rose are...let's see what happens if/when either of those teams stop winning...

But yeah. It's rare these days to find a humble star that doesn't act like a spoiled brat.

With the exception of PP all of those players were fortunate enough to find themselves in situations to win early in their career and they did/are doing that. Replace TD with KG at the start of their careers and the debate for G.O.A.T. PF would be a whole lot more interesting.

Kashmir13579
03-14-2012, 10:59 AM
Str8 giddy if this happens.

Swashcuff
03-14-2012, 11:00 AM
I'd take him on the 76ers for a cheap price tag, although I do love the chemistry we have as a team. Adding in a player who can score around a defensive team with a coach that can handle him..Could do some big things

Thing is he'd be replacing Iggy who is the biggest reason for our D being as good as it is. Such a trade would change the entire dynamic of our team.

thekmp211
03-14-2012, 11:06 AM
honestly, i can't wait for the durant/rose generation to put these divas in their graves, and the sooner the better and i pray they don't grow egos as they get older. this nonsense is becoming bigger than the game and is affecting it.

Wade n Fade
03-14-2012, 11:07 AM
Carmelo Anthony is an overrated sack of ****. Send his sorry *** to GSW or some let's play no D system. I love when the Knicks are in mediocrity. It makes me so happy as a Heat fan. I remember the whole Heat Knicks rivalry of the late 90s, I hated them ever since. Especially that tool Latrell Sprewell. Chris Webber has a term for Melo, "Ball-Stopper." At least Kobe plays D and he has emotion. Carmelo is a whiny little girl who will never grow up. People hate Lebron so much for the wrong reasons. Sure the Decision was a little too flamboyant, but we threw a party when Shaq got traded down here. Nobody complained then. Dwight and Melo are from the same school of thought. They should be the most hated players in the NBA, not Lebron.

meloman1592
03-14-2012, 11:12 AM
Carmelo Anthony is an overrated sack of ****. Send his sorry *** to GSW or some let's play no D system. I love when the Knicks are in mediocrity. It makes me so happy as a Heat fan. I remember the whole Heat Knicks rivalry of the late 90s, I hated them ever since. Especially that tool Latrell Sprewell. Chris Webber has a term for Melo, "Ball-Stopper." At least Kobe plays D and he has emotion. Carmelo is a whiny little girl who will never grow up. People hate Lebron so much for the wrong reasons. Sure the Decision was a little too flamboyant, but we threw a party when Shaq got traded down here. Nobody complained then. Dwight and Melo are from the same school of thought. They should be the most hated players in the NBA, not Lebron.

U mad bro?

Deemerc
03-14-2012, 11:12 AM
theres no way in hell nets would ever trade dwill. knick fans, come up with another option. this is actually embarassing for the knicks.

ManRam
03-14-2012, 11:14 AM
New York is where he wants to be, and where he's always wanted to be. He's frustrated, but I really just don't believe he'd ask for a trade right now. He probably just really wants Mike fired...but even as much as we all hate his character, I don't think he's begging to get out of NYK yet.

Obviously, that's just my thoughts...so they mean nothing.

justinnum1
03-14-2012, 11:14 AM

lolol

Mr Costanza
03-14-2012, 11:17 AM
My feeling on the post is they print first, verify later.

Blitzace137
03-14-2012, 11:19 AM

Agreed they don't need phill jackson, triangle offense eliminates the pg they need a coach like Jeff Vangundy I think his offensive style would suit Mello and he coaches defense something the Knicks are in dire need for.

:mad:

mavwar53
03-14-2012, 11:20 AM
I'm sure he did ask for a trade, but the Knicks aren't going to give into his demands.

I've always been a fan of guys coming out of high school to play pro ball if they were ready, I know Melo did one year in college, but now with all of these overpaid babies demanding trades and acting like a kid in a store who's mom didn't let them get that candy bar that they oh-so wanted, that the NBA should make these guys stay for at least 3 years just like football. Screw these little whiners, you are getting paid to play a game and all these guys want to whine cause they are not getting their way. **** You Melo you little prick.

Mcdoh
03-14-2012, 11:25 AM
walton for anthony.. :D

29$JerZ
If he wanted to be traded from NY this would have been brought up long ago
It's all BS

Sinestro
My feeling on the post is they print first, verify later.

That's how most newspapers are run today

Wade n Fade
03-14-2012, 11:27 AM
No, I am not. I am quite content with my team. I just hate ignorant NBA fans (apparently there is a huge block of them.) Lebron did some selfless things like taking less money to play here. Cleveland is a hell hole for sports or anything for that matter. Nobody wants to play for their respective franchises. If for example, I get tied down to a small law firm in Montana and I have a nice contract, I would want out if I can get the same contract value wise with a prestigous law firm in NY, Chi, LA, Miami, Seattle, Dallas, SF, etc. Some players are just bonafide "cancers" and Carmelo is showing off his version of the sports cancer. Melo can only score, but he is a high volume shooter. He is not a superstar. He is now in the tier below. Superstars are suppossed to do anything when called upon, Melo doesn't do that at all.

waveycrockett
03-14-2012, 11:30 AM
It's all BS

Ugh it's reported he requeted the trade Sunday. How much long ago could it have been reported?

DaBUU
03-14-2012, 11:30 AM
Deng for Melo, just joking

Swashcuff
03-14-2012, 11:32 AM
No, I am not. I am quite content with my team. I just hate ignorant NBA fans (apparently there is a huge block of them.) Lebron did some selfless things like taking less money to play here. Cleveland is a hell hole for sports or anything for that matter. Nobody wants to play for their respective franchises. If for example, I get tied down to a small law firm in Montana and I have a nice contract, I would want out if I can get the same contract value wise with a prestigous law firm in NY, Chi, LA, Miami, Seattle, Dallas, SF, etc. Some players are just bonafide "cancers" and Carmelo is showing off his version of the sports cancer. Melo can only score, but he is a high volume shooter. He is not a superstar. He is now in the tier below. Superstars are suppossed to do anything when called upon, Melo doesn't do that at all.

Actually LeBron is making more money from his salary as a member of a Florida sports team.

Aust
03-14-2012, 11:33 AM
lol ok, you just made the FO's job easier. Dump him and Chandler for Dwight and Hedo.

Damn, alot of people viewing this thread

KnicksR4Real
03-14-2012, 11:34 AM
I hate being a Knicks fan

sep11ie
03-14-2012, 11:36 AM
Agreed they don't need phill jackson, triangle offense eliminates the pg they need a coach like Jeff Vangundy I think his offensive style would suit Mello and he coaches defense something the Knicks are in dire need for.

:mad:

Really?

Southsideheat
03-14-2012, 11:37 AM
Otis gets tired of getting punked by Howard and trades him and Hedo to the Knicks for Melo and Chandler.

Then Phil strolls into MSG next to convince Howard to sign the extension. Phil has had a love affair with Howard for years, he would come back to New York with Howard in the mix.

Makes too much sense.

Wade n Fade
03-14-2012, 11:37 AM
I wouldn't because I want to start off with young talent for cheap and build on the OKC philosophy if I was Orlando. It makes sense though because you are getting talent in return. SVG will hate Melo because he is lazy on D. Oh, btw, Melo seems to fit the mold of a guy who can only score at a high rate and will never win a title. Colin Cowherd even said that, like the Glenn Robinsons, T-Macs, etc.

Blitzace137
03-14-2012, 11:39 AM
Nets acquire PG J.Lin & C.Anthony. (Nets trade B.Lopez, M.Brooks, & 2-1st rd picks to Magic for Howard.

Lineup:

C- Howard/Okur/Petro
PF- Hump/SHE williams/J.Williams
SF- Anthony/D.James
SG- Morrow/Stevenson/Green
PG- Lin/Farmar/Gaines

- Knicks acquire Sf Shawne Williams & PG D.Williams

C- Chandler/J.Jefferies/Jordan
PF- Amare/Harrelson
SF- Sha Williams/Novak/Walker
SG- Fields/JR Smith/Shumpert
PG- Deron Williams/Davis/Douglass or Bibby.

Why would Lin want to play with Carmello again if there already having problems trade makes no sense for the nets they want dwill and howard not anthony who could ruin there team in the near future

Team*Chicago
03-14-2012, 11:39 AM
I'm so shocked that Carmelo is requesting a trade, maybe that beat down of defense on monday's Nacho Latin Hispanic night sunk deep into Carmelo's head. This was exactly what Carmelo wanted now he wants to run from it.

jrm2054
03-14-2012, 11:40 AM
They can't trade him after what they gave up

smith&wesson
03-14-2012, 11:40 AM
stat and melo for howard and hedo.

lin
fields
hedo
chandler
howard

off the bench

baron davis
jr smith
novak
jeffries

Tmath
03-14-2012, 11:41 AM
I think it's a ploy to get D'antoni fired.

Gram
03-14-2012, 11:41 AM
Lol.

Blitzace137
03-14-2012, 11:42 AM
Otis gets tired of getting punked by Howard and trades him and Hedo to the Knicks for Melo and Chandler.

Then Phil strolls into MSG next to convince Howard to sign the extension. Phil has had a love affair with Howard for years, he would come back to New York with Howard in the mix.

Makes too much sense.

I would do this trade build the team around Howard and Lin and stat but this will never happen

Mudvayne91
03-14-2012, 11:43 AM
Please can people verify, is this true?

Team*Chicago
03-14-2012, 11:44 AM
It's all BS

:facepalm: It didn't have to happen a long time ago, it just recently happen after the Knicks lost to the Bulls.

Mudvayne91
Man I knew his dumb*** shouldn't have left Denver. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. Oh well, good luck, Melo.

Blitzace137
I think it's a ploy to get D'antoni fired.

Even Carmello is not stooped enough to ask for a trade he know he wouldn't be looked at as the same player. Get rid of D'Antoni and get Jeff Vangundy who's offense suit Mello's style and he demands defense out of his player.

PrettyBoyJ
03-14-2012, 11:45 AM
Lol he forced his way here now he wants to leave.. I always felt way gave up too much for him and he would never work with Amare.. I wouldn't mind trading him for deron Williams

Southsideheat
03-14-2012, 11:46 AM
I would do this trade build the team around Howard and Lin and stat but this will never happen

if you can guarantee Phil, i think it might happen.

mgsports
03-14-2012, 11:46 AM
He doesn't want to be Traded.

Blitzace137
03-14-2012, 11:47 AM
stat and melo for howard and hedo.

lin
fields
hedo
chandler
howard

off the bench

baron davis
jr smith
novak
jeffries

Magics won't absorb both Mello and Stats contract if any trade was to happen it would be chandler and mello which probably won't happen ether.:eyebrow:

Wade n Fade
03-14-2012, 11:47 AM
It is not a good week for any "Melo's."

flatbush knicks
03-14-2012, 11:48 AM
First off he isn't being traded but with that being said can you blame him. I know he doesn't play defense but dam amare this year has been playing worse then bosh and boozer. Stat was the reason melo came and now he sucks and WE HAVE THE WORST COACH IN THE LEAGUE. At this point I would trade melo to the nets for dwill and morrow but thats it

Weezy
03-14-2012, 11:48 AM
Someone should close this thread it isnt even true?...

GREENBURGH, N.Y. — Carmelo Anthony says he doesn’t want to be traded, denying a report that he would welcome an exit from New York.

Anthony also denies there is a rift with coach Mike D’Antoni.

The Knicks have lost six in a row, with Anthony taking much of the blame. The back page of Wednesday’s New York Post ran a headline saying “Melo Wants Out!” The trade deadline is Thursday, a little more than a year after the Knicks acquired Anthony from Denver.

But Anthony calls the report “nonsense,” adding that he’s faced adversity throughout his career and “I’ve never ran from it and I’m not about to pick today to start running from it.”

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/11289775-419/carmelo-anthony-denies-wanting-out-of-new-york.html

Deemerc
03-14-2012, 11:50 AM
nets would never trade dwill. the nets would never trade to the knicks. stop with the dwill talk

Tmath
Even Carmello is not stooped enough to ask for a trade he know he wouldn't be looked at as the same player. Get rid of D'Antoni and get Jeff Vangundy who's offense suit Mello's style and he demands defense out of his player.

lol

flatbush knicks
Please can people verify, is this true?

Who cares im pretty sure half the team has requested a trade at this point nobody wants to play in dumbtoni's system

Rockice_8
03-14-2012, 11:51 AM
First off he isn't being traded but with that being said can you blame him. I know he doesn't play defense but dam amare this year has been playing worse then bosh and boozer. Stat was the reason melo came and now he sucks and WE HAVE THE WORST COACH IN THE LEAGUE. At this point I would trade melo to the nets for dwill and morrow but thats it

"Except it takes two to tango, or something like that." - Adam Sandler

lkingratedr
03-14-2012, 11:51 AM
Everyone back off carmelo him and his agent have both said they don't want to be traded ...melo knows if he gets traded again he will take a big hit and see his value decline even further ... Now what I will say is what has been the sentiments of former dantoni players .... He doesn't coach he just motivates he gives the point guard the ball and let him runs ... No point guard the system fails ... I say fire mike let avreal coach like woodson takeover instill some defense and see what happens ... Fill Jackson in the offseason

Mudvayne91
03-14-2012, 11:52 AM
Chicago paper denying the report now as well. Either really awful reporting or Melo trying to do damage control. Where there's smoke, there's usually fire though.

Swashcuff
03-14-2012, 11:53 AM
I can see the constant bickering two years from now between NY fans and other fan bases when the ignorant fans run around saying that Melo asked for a trade in his first full season with the Knicks etc when it actuality it wasn't even true. :laugh2:

Weezy
03-14-2012, 11:54 AM
Chicago paper denying the report now as well. Either really awful reporting or Melo trying to do damage control. Where there's smoke, there's usually fire though.

Regardless I think its more on the chemistry between Mike D and Melo....it doesn't fit. Mike has zero balls too.

The goods
03-14-2012, 11:59 AM
Denver is laughing right now.
People say he's selfish and a black hole on offense,I never really thought that but he's starting to change my mind,I don't think any team would want him. Not until he changes his mind set

thekmp211
03-14-2012, 12:01 PM
he probably *****ed after the game to the wrong members of his crew.

oak2455
03-14-2012, 12:08 PM
"Except it takes two to tango, or something like that." - Adam Sandler

you needed Adams help for that quote:shrug:

Hellcrooner
03-14-2012, 12:11 PM
melo for pau stou for deron, fire mr pringles hire Phil.

problems solved

Sadds The Gr8
03-14-2012, 12:14 PM
:laugh:

Weezy
03-14-2012, 12:15 PM
I am going to keep posting articles till it drills into people's heads:

Carmelo Anthony said Wednesday he doesn't want to be traded, denying a report that he would welcome an exit from New York.

"No, no, no, no. Let's nip this in the bud right now. No," Anthony said after the Knicks' morning shootaround.

"I don't know where that came from. I'm tired of hearing it. It came out this morning from I guess an anonymous source. I'm tired of anonymous sources. I don't want to be traded. I don't know where that foolishness came from, so let's put a cap on that and make this the last time I hear about that."

Anthony also denied there is a rift with Mike D'Antoni, saying he supported the coach "100 percent."

The Knicks have lost six in a row, with Anthony taking much of the blame. The back page of Wednesday's New York Post ran a headline saying "Melo Wants Out!" The trade deadline is Thursday, a little more than a year after the Knicks acquired Anthony from Denver.

But Anthony called the report "nonsense," adding that he's faced adversity throughout his career and "I've never ran from it and I'm not about to pick today to start running from it."

"I've only been here a year," Anthony added. "I don't want to leave right now, so I'm here to stay."

Anthony also said he believes fellow players and team officials prefer he stays, saying he received text messages from teammates asking him about the story and telling him they don't want him to go.

According to the Post, Anthony became so discontent with the Knicks after Monday's loss in Chicago that he told a confidant that he preferred to be dealt. The report said he was unhappy in part because he believed D'Antoni and interim general manager Glen Grunwald do not trust him.

"I don't think that's true at all," forward Amare Stoudemire said. "Melo loves the city of New York, he loves playing for the Knicks. So I don't think that's true at all."

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/anthony-denies-wanting-trade-knicks-15918798#.T2DDchGPUqQ

zB_#85
03-14-2012, 12:17 PM
Lakers should low-ball NY for him. If he's going to be a ******** and not like their system, LA should try to hold NY hostage and snatch him up. If they don't play along, oh well no big deal. I can think of a bunch of players I'd rather have than him. Worth a try if they can buy low though.

Punk
03-14-2012, 12:19 PM
You people can't read? He said hello no. It's not true?

Marc Berman is a piece of crap. He's reported false info on the Knicks for the last 3 years just like the Knicks signed Grant Hill and Chris Paul requested a trade to the Knicks.

All false. He's sadly trying again.

ManRam
03-14-2012, 12:21 PM
Melo is denying it...

And call me crazy, but I actually believe Melo here.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-14-2012, 12:24 PM
No point Weezy. You'll have to make a thread and explain it in the title, cuz that's all people read. This just turned into a Melo bash-thread.

BHF
03-14-2012, 12:25 PM
if this was true i would trade him for Josh Smith and someone else

Hellcrooner
03-14-2012, 12:28 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7ns3ekj

bobcats pick and lakers pick to Ny City.

thoughts?

SlimKid
03-14-2012, 12:29 PM
To play devil's advocate, according to NBA rules Melo can't publicly demand a trade, so if he's asked by a reporter if he want's to be traded what's his response suppose to be, obviously it will be "no." With that said, I agree with the posters above that this is probably b.s. to begin with.

Punk
03-14-2012, 12:29 PM
Brian Mahoney ‏ @briancmahoney
Carmelo also says he's "tired of anonymous sources." With him on that one.

Marc Berman ‏ @NYPost_Berman
Melo said got supportive texts from teammates this morning telling him they don't want him to go.

Ian Begley ‏ @IanBegley
Speaking after Wednesday's shoot around, #Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni says he believes that he has the full support of the locker room.

Bruce Beck ‏ @BruceBeck4NY
@carmeloanthony "I have no prob with Mike D'Antoni - relationship is good - I don't know where these trade rumors came from." #Knicks

Obviously he's just simply evil.

NYtilIdie
03-14-2012, 12:30 PM

thoughts?

"Are you an illiterate n***a?"- 50 Cent

oak2455
03-14-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Carmelo Anthony said Wednesday he doesn't want to be traded, denying a report that he would welcome an exit from New York.

"No, no, no, no. Let's nip this in the bud right now. No," Anthony said after the Knicks' morning shootaround.

"I don't know where that came from. I'm tired of hearing it. It came out this morning from I guess an anonymous source. I'm tired of anonymous sources. I don't want to be traded. I don't know where that foolishness came from, so let's put a cap on that and make this the last time I hear about that."

Anthony also denied there is a rift with Mike D'Antoni, saying he supported the coach "100 percent."

The Knicks have lost six in a row, with Anthony taking much of the blame. The back page of Wednesday's New York Post ran a headline saying "Melo Wants Out!" The trade deadline is Thursday, a little more than a year after the Knicks acquired Anthony from Denver.

But Anthony called the report "nonsense," adding that he's faced adversity throughout his career and "I've never ran from it and I'm not about to pick today to start running from it."

"I've only been here a year," Anthony added. "I don't want to leave right now, so I'm here to stay."

Anthony also said he believes fellow players and team officials prefer he stays, saying he received text messages from teammates asking him about the story and telling him they don't want him to go.

According to the Post, Anthony became so discontent with the Knicks after Monday's loss in Chicago that he told a confidant that he preferred to be dealt. The report said he was unhappy in part because he believed D'Antoni and interim general manager Glen Grunwald do not trust him.

"I don't think that's true at all," forward Amare Stoudemire said. "Melo loves the city of New York, he loves playing for the Knicks. So I don't think that's true at all."
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSto...8#.T2DDchGPUqQ

do in bold weezy!!!!!!!:D

Punk
03-14-2012, 12:33 PM
Bruce Beck ‏ @BruceBeck4NY Close
Are you unhappy? Do u want 2 be traded? @carmeloanthony "No..No..No..tired of hearing about it!" #Knicks

nycsports2

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/anthony-denies-wanting-trade-knicks-15918798#.T2DDchGPUqQ

lollololollolololollolllollo.... @ the people that lololololollololololollolol

jmoney85
obviously the new york post is wrong... no way in hell would the nets even consider trading deron williams for melo lolllllll... thats hilarious LMAO

Deemerc
03-14-2012, 12:34 PM
go ny go ny gooooooo keep being the laughing stock of the league

nycsports2
03-14-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSto...8#.T2DDchGPUqQ

do in bold weezy!!!!!!!:D

for psd's eyes... once again

jmoney85
03-14-2012, 12:38 PM
im sure the guy doesnt want to be traded... people on PSD believe anything thats posted lol

DasBoot
03-14-2012, 12:40 PM

thoughts?

I've used this line before but I'm going to se it again.... If the Knicks wanted to see what it felt like getting F'd in the A they'd just play with dry anal beads

Pete Mitchell
03-14-2012, 12:43 PM
Knicks fans sure are a sensititve group.

meloman1592
03-14-2012, 12:44 PM
Psd will believe anything

hugepatsfan
03-14-2012, 12:44 PM
3 way deal - BOS gives up Pierce, Rondo, and some young players/picks. They get Melo.

3rd team gets Rondo and gives pieces to NY.

NY gets pieces from the 3rd team and BOS.

Then BOS would have enough cap for D-Will and Dwight to add to Melo. Boom.

Obviously this isn't realistic, but it's a fun thought.

Wade n Fade
03-14-2012, 12:45 PM
Chicago doesn't solve their issue at PF because they still get a soft PF in return. They just upgrade at the Center position. They don't need any of those marquee trades, just make a decent move to acquire more scoring, and you are good.

corky831
03-14-2012, 12:45 PM
giving up pierce, rondo, picks/young talent for just melo? u on crack bro?

oak2455
03-14-2012, 12:46 PM
Pete is a douche bag

Hellcrooner
03-14-2012, 12:50 PM
Chicago doesn't solve their issue at PF because they still get a soft PF in return. They just upgrade at the Center position. They don't need any of those marquee trades, just make a decent move to acquire more scoring, and you are good.

if chicago manages to get the "soft dude" without giving up deng or Noah you are going to eat a lot of crap in some months.

nycsports2
03-14-2012, 12:52 PM
+1^

utl768
03-14-2012, 12:55 PM
this is funny

Swashcuff
03-14-2012, 12:56 PM
Knicks fan better save the links to those sites because years from now there are going to be a whole lot of posters who'll be saying stuff like Melo quit on the Knicks and wanted to be traded etc...... This entire thread has now become misleading.

TheWhiteMamba
03-14-2012, 12:58 PM
Just:facepalm:

Hugbees
03-14-2012, 12:58 PM
3 way deal - BOS gives up Pierce, Rondo, and some young players/picks. They get Melo.

3rd team gets Rondo and gives pieces to NY.

NY gets pieces from the 3rd team and BOS.

Then BOS would have enough cap for D-Will and Dwight to add to Melo. Boom.

Obviously this isn't realistic, but it's a fun thought.

Not realistic yet you've posted this in different threads how many times now? lol..

JordansBulls
03-14-2012, 01:01 PM
Brian Mahoney ‏ @briancmahoney
Carmelo also says he's "tired of anonymous sources." With him on that one.

Marc Berman ‏ @NYPost_Berman
Melo said got supportive texts from teammates this morning telling him they don't want him to go.

Ian Begley ‏ @IanBegley
Speaking after Wednesday's shoot around, #Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni says he believes that he has the full support of the locker room.

Bruce Beck ‏ @BruceBeck4NY
@carmeloanthony "I have no prob with Mike D'Antoni - relationship is good - I don't know where these trade rumors came from." #Knicks

Obviously he's just simply evil.

Even if he didn't say it, there is no way he would ever verbally say he wants to be traded where others would know because of how bad he wanted the Knicks in the first place.

IndyRealist
03-14-2012, 01:01 PM
It's like messing around with the girl that has a boyfriend. Sure, she'd never do that to YOU, right?

hugepatsfan
03-14-2012, 01:04 PM
Not realistic yet you've posted this in different threads how many times now? lol..

As many as I feel like posting it in...

NYY09
03-14-2012, 01:07 PM
The coach isn't even adjusting his system to play to his strength. Lets be honest, Mike D'Antoni never wanted Carmelo here. Carmelo may come off as an *** in this alleged trade request, but when you have a coach that continually to make backhanded comment towards him into the media, never have dialogue with him as a star/coach should have, tuned out of the offense.....it's either you want me here or not. I don't agree with his alleged trade request, but Knicks have to realize D'Antoni was the wrong coach from the beginning. Everyone knows my distaste for his system. The offense should be 60% Amare and Melo, not 60% Lin and others.

^^this. Exactly this.

Kashmir13579
03-14-2012, 01:59 PM
Who cares what he said or didn't say. Trade him.

TheWhiteMamba
03-14-2012, 02:01 PM
Lol im loving every second of this

ManningToTyree
03-14-2012, 02:14 PM
This is all BS

CB29
03-14-2012, 02:20 PM
well dantoni is gone now

goose14741
03-14-2012, 02:32 PM
well dantoni is gone now

haha yep, woodson's offense for the hawks featuring joe johnson is perfect for melo

futureman
03-14-2012, 02:34 PM
Well it looks like New York got more than they bargained for when they traded for Melo. It's about time when tampering with another teams star bites them in the ***

MTL_123
03-14-2012, 02:37 PM
ahahahaahahahahahaahahahah lol THis is soo funny come on melo cant do that