PDA

View Full Version : Dwight says he's told the Magic he wants to stay and finish out the season

Pages : [1] 2

ManRam
03-13-2012, 10:56 PM
@HowardtheDunk Close
Dwight just said he's told the Magic he's going to stay and finish the season.

@MagicBasketball Close
Dwight has talked to all of the DeVos family, Alex and Otis and expressed to all of them he wants to stay through the season.

@HowardtheDunk Close
"I think we have a great chance of surprising a lot of people." - Dwight

Hmm...

ManRam
03-13-2012, 10:58 PM
It came out of his mouth in front of the media.

Not sure it means anything, or warrants a thread...but yeah. It came out of his mouth, and with all these rumors, that's rare.

jkiddvc20
03-13-2012, 10:58 PM
:cry:

ManRam
03-13-2012, 11:00 PM
Says he thinks they're "peaking at the right time" and that he wants to surprise people. He has talked to Alex Martins, Otis and the DeVos family about it today...

Again, not sure what to make from it, but if he's on board, and the ownership didn't want to trade him in the first place, I'd imagine this makes that easier.

Admitted it's risky for the team to keep him, but said he hopes they will "roll the dice".

Theyhateme459
03-13-2012, 11:00 PM
Probably doesn't want a team to give up all their assets for him and cripple their chance of building around him when he can just go in a few months without them giving up a single asset.

Mr Costanza
03-13-2012, 11:01 PM
Lol the next two days are going to be interesting.

still1ballin
LOL, I think they still need to trade him. He has been flip flopping on these trade rumors all season, can they really take his word for it? Heck, he might change his mind after the deadline and say he wants to go to the Nets. Trade him now when you have the chance and move forward!

bmd1101
It came out of his mouth in front of the media.

Not sure it means anything, or warrants a thread...but yeah. It came out of his mouth, and with all these rumors, that's rare.

Wow, its kinda vauge but very interesting.

Chill_Will_24
03-13-2012, 11:02 PM
Good Dwight. Please dont do what Melo did. Its not worth it. The team you will potentially have in Brooklyn is too good to pass up for a couple of months of playing with Deron Williams

waveycrockett
He's smart he doesn't want Nets to gut their team like KNicks did for Melo

jmoney85
woj already said that dwight doesnt want the nets to cripple assets by trading for him now lol

Fresno
No way.

chicago lulz
03-13-2012, 11:03 PM
"Hmm, we're doing pretty well lately, maybe I really do want to stay in Orlando"
or
"I'm staying here so wherever I go in FA, the team won't resemble that of the Knicks after the Melo trade"

king_of_limbs
03-13-2012, 11:03 PM
what a diva, just when i think i couldn't hate him anymore he acts like he runs the show and tells them "let me stay, you wont get anything in return when I leave, but i want to try and make a playoff run before I head out of here".

I hope Dwight gets pooped on by birds everyday in Brooklyn, and if not birds, then I will poop on him

ManRam
03-13-2012, 11:04 PM
Yeah, this could align with Woj's rumor about him having a grand scheme that involves NOT getting traded to NJ so he can just sign there and the team doesn't lose the assets. If that's the case, that will anger me a bit, but I hope he's genuine and I hope this change of mind is because he wants to play with this team and truly try to contend.

Chill_Will_24
03-13-2012, 11:05 PM
what a diva, just when i think i couldn't hate him anymore he acts like he runs the show and tells them "let me stay, you wont get anything in return when I leave, but i want to try and make a playoff run before I head out of here".

I hope Dwight gets pooped on by birds everyday in Brooklyn, and if not birds, then I will poop on him

:laugh2: Priceless

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog?

ManRam
03-13-2012, 11:06 PM
Said, "I told those guys & I’ve been telling them for the past two or three weeks now that I’m going to stay & finish the season.”

Maybe that explains why the team has actually been playing hard and focused basketball the past week or so...and not their care-free and zombie-style basketball they have been prone to play at times. Maybe they are actually focused a bit more now with this news.

Or maybe not. Maybe they just get up for the big games regardless...

justinnum1
03-13-2012, 11:07 PM
first lakers beat miami and think they are contenders

now magic beat miami and howard wants to stay

lol funny

C_Mund
Probably doesn't want a team to give up all their assets for him and cripple their chance of building around him when he can just go in a few months without them giving up a single asset.

This is exactly what I thought when I read the thread title. Dwight is such a loser. If you're going to fuel all of these rumors for a year and a half at least be a ("super?") man and stand behind your words.
Brutal

Bulls_fan90
He just wants to go to the Nets in the offseason. This way they won't have to give up Lopez.

justinnum1
adridge
Dwight saying he wants to stay in Orlando=Dwight leaving Orlando on July 1 & going to Nets/Dallas, who didn't have to blow up rosters 4 him.

FreakaNashur
03-13-2012, 11:08 PM
miami heat vs orlando magic in the ECF FINALS is going to be a good one.

Raps18-19 Champ
So he can just leave.

What a douche.

waveycrockett
Marc Stein ‏ @ESPNSteinLine Close
Should be clear by now Dwight wants to finish season in ORL so he can opt out in July and head straight to Brooklyn w/out Nets being gutted

David Aldridge ‏ @daldridgetnt Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Dwight saying he wants to stay in Orlando=Dwight leaving Orlando on July 1 & going to Nets/Dallas, who didn't have to blow up rosters 4 him.

Dwight aint Fooling ANYBODY lol

Bulls_fan90
03-13-2012, 11:09 PM
first lakers beat miami and think they are contenders

now magic beat miami and howard wants to stay

lol funny

Lol at Heatle fans turning everything into a thread about Miami. Trolls gonna troll.

ManRam
Yeah. I hope he's being genuine, but why should anyone think he has genuine intentions?

All 30 teams should just conspire to not sign him this off-season!

chicago lulz
Yeah, this could align with Woj's rumor about him having a grand scheme that involves NOT getting traded to NJ so he can just sign there and the team doesn't lose the assets. If that's the case, that will anger me a bit, but I hope he's genuine and I hope this change of mind is because he wants to play with this team and truly try to contend.

You would have every right to be more than a "bit mad" if that were the case. It is ultimately his decision, but if the guy has different intentions while leading ORL on, that is pretty low on his part.

Hangtime
When things go well in the win column, he wants to stay. When things go bad in the lost column, he wants out.

Avenged
03-13-2012, 11:10 PM
Who cares what he says, the Magic need to trade him.

Unless Dwight is staying there, I don't know why they wouldn't trade him. This is a ****ed up move by Dwight if his intentions aren't to stay there long term.

ManRam
03-13-2012, 11:10 PM
I still think we should just dump him anywhere for whatever we can get...

Slug3
03-13-2012, 11:11 PM
Or maybe Orlando said they are not trading him no matter what and he is now just saying he is going to stay.

jmoney85
03-13-2012, 11:11 PM
nets will trade expiring contracts for picks now and totally tank it up lol

ManRam
03-13-2012, 11:12 PM
You would have every right to be more than a "bit mad" if that were the case. It is ultimately his decision, but if the guy has different intentions while leading ORL on, that is pretty low on his part.

Yeah. I won't be "angered a bit"...I just don't want to sound like a whiny/jealous fan.

I will think very low of him if that was his intentions all along. Playing the team he's under contract for like that...and possible setting them back a lot.

jmoney85
03-13-2012, 11:14 PM
lol @ everybody getting mad at dwight.... he said numerous times before the season that he wanted a trade and that he wanted to be traded...that was ownerships decision to keep him... obviously hes not going to want to be traded now and have the team he will go to be gutted... he gave the magic a chance to get a return for him... cant blame him for that

Mcdoh
03-13-2012, 11:15 PM
ok..so magic cant get anything in return if he walks out free agent... they need to still trade him.. this is more annoying than the lebron bosh and melo trade put together... go to brooklyn already..

LTBaByyy
I hope Deron comes to the Mavs and leaves Howard stranded!!!

Too much of a Diva

Raps18-19 Champ
lol @ everybody getting mad at dwight.... he said numerous times before the season that he wanted a trade and that he wanted to be traded...that was ownerships decision to keep him... obviously hes not going to want to be traded now and have the team he will go to be gutted... he gave the magic a chance to get a return for him... cant blame him for that

So basically, in your world, 2 'wrongs' make a right?

oak2455
03-13-2012, 11:16 PM
nets will trade expiring contracts for picks now and totally tank it up lol

:confused: I thought that was being done already:D:D:p

ManRam
03-13-2012, 11:16 PM

That's not how it works.

The team has the right to do whatever they want. Dwight signed a contract to play for the Magic. The team owes him nothing but the money promised to him. Dwight signed saying he'd play there until a certain time, and if he changes his mind, tough luck. That's not how it works. Honor your contract. If you want a trade, ask for it and shut up. But even if you ask for it, the team has no obligation to do it.

You most certainly can blame him for that. That's a twisted outlook on this.

jmoney85
03-13-2012, 11:19 PM
That's not how it works.

The team has the right to do whatever they want. Dwight signed a contract to play for the Magic. The team owes him nothing but the money promised to him. Dwight signed saying he'd play there until a certain time, and if he changes his mind, tough luck. That's not how it works. Honor your contract. If you want a trade, ask for it and shut up. But even if you ask for it, the team has no obligation to do it.

well then dont cry a river when he walks as a free agent.... he gave them every chance to get a decent return for him... thats much more than lebron or bosh gave their respective teams

Robbw241
:nod: Dwight is awesome, unless he doesn't come to the Nets then he's a total dick.

oak2455
That's not how it works.

agreed

NoahH
What a self centred *****. LOL.

"Ok yeah i wanna stay, but I'm just gonna leave at the end of the year. But don't trade me"

ManRam
03-13-2012, 11:20 PM
well then dont cry a river when he walks as a free agent.... he gave them every chance to get a decent return for him... thats much more than lebron or bosh gave their respective teams

Yes sir! Whatever you say!

jmoney85
So basically, in your world, 2 'wrongs' make a right?

whats wrong with telling your team you will not sign a contract extension with them?

THE GIPPER
Translation: I'll wait until free agency and just sign with the nets so they dont lose any of their valuable assets.

5ass
if i'm otis, i say fine, but u pick up ur option and we trade u on draft day if things dont work out.

Avenged
03-13-2012, 11:21 PM
Part of me thinks Dwight Howard is saying this so he can go to N.J. as free agent. That way, they won't deplete their roster to acquire him.

- Kennedy

trueee..

Lakers + Giants
03-13-2012, 11:21 PM
I believe he wants to stay for the rest of the year but not because he's even thinking about resigning. He just doesn't want to be hated like Lebron. . I hope he stays in Orlando, doubt he will though. If he stays, good for him and orlando fans, if he leaves, he's just as big a douche as lebron because he still toyed around with orlando. It would be the same thing except for the decision.

jmoney85
03-13-2012, 11:22 PM
What a self centred *****. LOL.

"Ok yeah i wanna stay, but I'm just gonna leave at the end of the year. But don't trade me"

hey at least he wont have an hour long special about his decision...

*Superman*
03-13-2012, 11:23 PM
I think it is not only does he want the Nets to keep whatever roster they have right now, but its not like they are going to make the playoffs anyways. Might as well go for one last run while he is here instead of being on his couch come playoffs.

But seriously, he is ****ing things up for the Magic, if he just ends up leaving. Alex and DeVos already don't want to trade him, this is just adding to whatever hope they have of keeping him long-term.

ManRam
whats wrong with telling your team you will not sign a contract extension with them?

Nothing. It's literally everything else he's done or said when he opens his mouth. He's held this team hostage. We literally can't trade him to any team really because Dwight refuses to sign there. I know he's being honest, but he's dicking the team he signed his contract to. If you want a trade, say so and shut up. Don't make ultimatums, don't tell your team where and where you can't be traded to...just suck it up. He wreaks of a spoiled brat. I think that's obvious, and I think that's why you're one of the 5% of people that aren't annoyed with him.

LTBaByyy
I feel so bad for the 2012-2013 Orlando Magic

I can see it now

Raps18-19 Champ

He basically just said:

"I'm going to hold the Magic hostage by not wanting a trade and will sign with the Nets come offseason. This means that no team will trade for me because they already know what happened. This also means I'm not going to try in the playoffs too."

But hey, I mean you are right that he didn't do anything wrong. :rolleyes:

Teeboy1487
03-13-2012, 11:24 PM
Can anyone really trust Dwight to stay because of one win over Miami? I would get something for him. Orlando should trade him to NJ while they still have the chance before he ultimately pulls a Shaq. Lopez is not Dwight but he is something. You also get some good picks in a deep draft. I say pull the plug before it's too late.

Sinestro
Dwight is playing the F.O.....I would trade him right now

chicago lulz
Yeah. I won't be "angered a bit"...I just don't want to sound like a whiny/jealous fan.

I will think very low of him if that was his intentions all along. Playing the team he's under contract for like that...and possible setting them back a lot.

Nah, just don't let that anger turn you into the NBA forum anytime a Lebron-related thread is made. Even if you don't respect the person, respect their game (if warranted). Should be the "mantra that never was" in the NBA Forum.

Tmath
03-13-2012, 11:25 PM
Win Win for Dwight.

Gets to compete for a championship this season then bolts to the Nets without them having to give away any of their assets.

I really hope he ends up re-signing with Orlando, I would hate to see him go to the Nets for my own selfish reasons.

NYsFinest
03-13-2012, 11:25 PM
He's smart he doesn't want Nets to gut their team like KNicks did for Melo

I knows easy to dog the Knicks now because they are struggling, but the trade for Melo didn't "gut" them.

In fact it allowed them to sign their best player this year in Tyson Chandler, otherwise they would have to renounce Wilson Chandlers rights and amnesty Felton in order to accomplish that. Tyson is 874347384378 times better than Mozgov. As much **** as Lin gets for the ESPN created hype I would still rather have him than Felton.

Pre-Melo trade
Gallo
Wilson Chandler
Felton
Mozgov
Anthony Randolph

Post Trade
Melo
Tyson
Lin
JR
Novak
Baron Davis

Don't fall in love with the moment, Knicks will get their act together and make the playoffs and will be a very tough out for some team. That team they "dismantled" last February was sputtering and really struggling the month before the trade.

LTBaByyy
03-13-2012, 11:26 PM
Deron isn't a diva, he should totally leave Howard stranded!!!

I want to see Howard panic

TheDetroitBlue
this guy is a freakin diva

Teeboy1487
He basically just said:

"I'm going to hold the Magic hostage by not wanting a trade and will sign with the Nets come offseason. This means that no team will trade for me because they already know what happened. This also means I'm not going to try in the playoffs too."

But hey, I mean you are right that he didn't do anything wrong. :rolleyes:

I agree with this. He's going to NJ anyway. Might as well gut them a little bit. Get a promising center in Lopez and a decent pick.

justinnum1
03-13-2012, 11:27 PM
kennedy
Dwight Howard: "I want to be here. I want to bring a championship here. I told them that they have to give me that chance."

this guy is about to do the magic dirty...that old man might have a heart attack during decision pt. 2

king2218
Starting to hate this guy more and more...he just doesn't want to endure all that losing in NJ this season, with Williams being hurt so he's saying this...how this idiot gets traded tonight so he knows what losing is like & what it feels like to have a sorry coach, team and system.

jmoney85
Nothing. It's literally everything else he's done or said when he opens his mouth. He's held this team hostage. We literally can't trade him to any team really because Dwight refuses to sign there. I know he's being honest, but he's dicking the team he signed his contract to. If you want a trade, say so and shut up. Don't make ultimatums, don't tell your team where and where you can't be traded to...just suck it up. He wreaks of a spoiled brat. I think that's obvious, and I think that's why you're one of the 5% of people that aren't annoyed with him.

you complain about a player not honoring the contract that they sign but you want him to not have the right at free agency?.... dwight has every right to decide what team he will sign an extension with... the problem is you believe everything the media has put out about dwight when truth is its been about brooklyn and nothing else... he has the right to sign with whatever team he wants when his contract is up ... if you think thats "holding your team hostage" thats you

WaltonSystem
I feel so bad for the 2012-2013 Orlando Magic

I can see it now

Whose their #1? :facepalm:

NYsFinest
03-13-2012, 11:28 PM
Its simple, the guy doesn't want to play in New Jersey for a 14-29 team... he is wants to open Brooklyn. I highly doubt he cares about Brook Lopez being on the team. Role players are easy to find.

jdmd3
03-13-2012, 11:28 PM
This shouldn't be a surprise as he seems intent on going to the Nets. This made it impossible for the Magic to trade him to any other team because they are afraid of him leaving. It also helps the Nets retain their assets when Dwight decides to sign there. Plus he gets a chance to play in the playoffs this year. It's going to be very difficult for him to get to the playoffs if he gets traded to the Nets

northsider
03-13-2012, 11:30 PM
I hope he stays personally.

Sadds The Gr8
03-13-2012, 11:32 PM
Dwight Howard is a ****in clown

waveycrockett
03-13-2012, 11:32 PM

He hasn't done or said anything!! He demanded a trade in December. They could of avoided all of this and now they are desperate and the Magic fans are turning on him. But he hasn't done jack.

Afridi786
03-13-2012, 11:33 PM
What a douche, he is royally going to screw the Magic, and the senile owner is probably buying this garbage.

jmoney85
03-13-2012, 11:34 PM
What a douche, he is royally going to screw the Magic, and the senile owner is probably buying this garbage.

magic screwed themselves

waveycrockett
03-13-2012, 11:36 PM
:confused: I thought that was being done already:D:D:p

We are actually only like 4 GB from the Knicks. If we screw around we might accidentally make the playoffs. Can't have that!

C-Style
03-13-2012, 11:36 PM
'I love how he says 'for the rest of the season'.:laugh2:

Raps18-19 Champ
03-13-2012, 11:37 PM
magic screwed themselves

Clearly ignorance is bliss.

VinceCarter
03-13-2012, 11:39 PM
Starting to hate this guy more and more...he just doesn't want to endure all that losing in NJ this season, with Williams being hurt so he's saying this...how this idiot gets traded tonight so he knows what losing is like & what it feels like to have a sorry coach, team and system.

What he's doing isn't very good but Nets have a sorry coach and system??? Even the team won't be 'sorry' if Dwight comes. Now you're just hating.

shizzle09
Good Dwight. Please dont do what Melo did. Its not worth it. The team you will potentially have in Brooklyn is too good to pass up for a couple of months of playing with Deron Williams

is your sig pic wade and Rose? Thats a trip.

*Silver&Black*
So he can leave in free agency and go where he wants.....

C-Style
03-13-2012, 11:40 PM
So that basically translate into "I want the Nets to keep their team intact when I sign there":laugh2:

Robbw241
03-13-2012, 11:41 PM
I mean, when he asked for a trade in December what did the Magic think would happen?

jmoney85
03-13-2012, 11:41 PM
Clearly ignorance is bliss.

explain to me the ignorance... please I dare you

LTBaByyy
03-13-2012, 11:42 PM
Dwight and Deron wont beat Bulls and Heat

Dirk, Deron, and Dwight could do wonders

oak2455
We are actually only like 4 GB from the Knicks. If we screw around we might accidentally make the playoffs. Can't have that!

4 GB is a lot..........and don't worry no playoffs for you:D

king2218
ORL should trade him to whatever team offers them the best trade package...I'm sure Houston or even Golden State wouldn't mind still 'renting' him for the season. This whole situation is making the Magic franchise look so pathetic...they shouldn't allow a player to control a franchise this much...even without Dwight, this team is good enough to sneak in as an 8th seed...they have a great system in place...hope this bum gets traded

jmoney85
03-13-2012, 11:43 PM
4 GB is a lot..........and don't worry no playoffs for you:D

the way the knicks are playing I wouldnt expect the playoffs for yourself either lol

king2218
03-13-2012, 11:44 PM
What he's doing isn't very good but Nets have a sorry coach and system??? Even the team won't be 'sorry' if Dwight comes. Now you're just hating.

If they trade Brooks, Lopez, Marrow...who else do they have besides Deron & Dwight? And yes Avery Johnson is a sorry coach compared to Van Gundy. And what system do the Nets have in place?

SmartestGuyHere

What a homer. The entire Nets roster >>> Dirk alone. Deron + Howard + Lopez + Brooks + lottery pick >>> Dirk/Deron/Dwight. Dirk is already declining, who wants to play with him.

jmoney85

if dwight + bums can beat the heat im sure dwill + dwight can beat the heat and bulls lol

Chill_Will_24
03-13-2012, 11:45 PM
the way the knicks are playing I wouldnt expect the playoffs for yourself either lol

At least the 2012 draft is stacked so the Knicks could land a nice player... oh wait...

Raps18-19 Champ
explain to me the ignorance... please I dare you

The fact that this guy is an ******* who's holding his team hostage yet you make excuses for him.

You dared me. :shrug:

Now what?

Are you going to make more excuses or admit your ignorance? Either way, deny or admit, he's still an ******* who's wrong. So 1 your measly opinion wouldn't do much.

*Silver&Black*
ORL should trade him to whatever team offers them the best trade package...I'm sure Houston or even Golden State wouldn't mind still 'renting' him for the season. This whole situation is making the Magic franchise look so pathetic...they shouldn't allow a player to control a franchise this much...even without Dwight, this team is good enough to sneak in as an 8th seed...they have a great system in place...hope this bum gets traded

Would Horford be enough for a rental? Tank the rest of the season and get an all-star center ready for you next year. ATL takes a rental chance.

jmoney85
03-13-2012, 11:46 PM
If they trade Brooks, Lopez, Marrow...who else do they have besides Deron & Dwight? And yes Avery Johnson is a sorry coach compared to Van Gundy. And what system do the Nets have in place?

avery johnson had the best winning percentage of active coaches when he joined the nets... you dont get that by being a bad coach

and how are they trading brooks,lopez, and morrow?

Robbw241
ugh jmoney is the new DoMeFavors smfh. Don't take what he says seriously people.

Chill_Will_24
is your sig pic wade and Rose? Thats a trip.

***mind blown*** :D

C-Style
So the Magic are getting NOTHING for him???

Chill_Will_24
03-13-2012, 11:48 PM
avery johnson had the best winning percentage of active coaches when he joined the nets... you dont get that by being a bad coach

and how are they trading brooks,lopez, and morrow?

Avery Johnson got handed the keys to a Ferrari and you are giving him props for going 100mph?

Avery is horrible and any idiot could have won with that Dallas team. in fact its his bad coaching that allowed the Heat to take it.

MJ-BULLS
03-13-2012, 11:49 PM
this guy is such a *****. Im going to stay here for the rest of the season. lol. hes going to **** the magic up.

PatsSoxKnicks
03-13-2012, 11:49 PM

I actually think that both Deron and Dwight will sign in Dallas, especially after Cuban gets a chance to persuade him.

BigCityofDreams
03-13-2012, 11:50 PM
So the Magic are getting NOTHING for him???

Pretty much

jmoney85
03-13-2012, 11:51 PM
ugh jmoney is the new DoMeFavors smfh. Don't take what he says seriously people.

because I post facts

H.E.R.
03-13-2012, 11:52 PM
I actually think that both Deron and Dwight will sign in Dallas, especially after Cuban gets a chance to persuade him.

Marion's not getting traded for cap space by the deadline, which means they'll have to find a draft day trade that gives Marion to a team for pure cap space. All of that for a chance to STILL offer Deron and Dwight a paycut. Neither are going to Dallas.

jmoney85
03-13-2012, 11:53 PM
Avery Johnson got handed the keys to a Ferrari and you are giving him props for going 100mph?

Avery is horrible and any idiot could have won with that Dallas team. in fact its his bad coaching that allowed the Heat to take it.

lol @ you...

that team was no match for miami

Raps18-19 Champ
03-13-2012, 11:53 PM
because I post facts

:laugh2:

You also seem to deny many facts.

northsid3r
03-13-2012, 11:55 PM
***mind blown*** :D

I'm tripping out on that sig too. what that heck!!!!! D. Rose or D. Wade? that's crazyyyyy.

oak2455
03-13-2012, 11:56 PM

youre sig:clap:

king2218
03-13-2012, 11:57 PM

What he said. If Avery was such a 'great' coach, why did Dallas fire him? Didn't they loose to GS in the 1st round with him as the coach? The reason I say Van Gundy is a better coach is because he's winning with his team while having ONE superstar, which is very uncommon nowadays. Even when Dwight sits with foul trouble like he did a couple of games earlier this season, the Magic team find ways to win. He maximizes the best out of his roster.

valade16
03-13-2012, 11:58 PM
Wow, its kinda vauge but very interesting.

Nothing vague about it, he said finish the season and he meant that exactly.

Dude is gone at the end of the year. He wants to finish the season in Orlando? Big whoop. The Magic want him to stay past the season.

Magic don't owe him anything after what he's pulled. He's gonna walk and the Magic aren't gonna get a thing; what a douche.

shep33
03-13-2012, 11:59 PM
I'm sorry, but has he signed an extension or has he opted in? No? Then trade him, this is Shaq 2.0, tell him to opt in or sign by tomorrow, or else deal him.

shep33
03-14-2012, 12:00 AM
The only way Howard stays is if Orlando wins a title. Why on earth do you take that chance?

Theyhateme459
03-14-2012, 12:01 AM
Who cares what he says, the Magic need to trade him.

Unless Dwight is staying there, I don't know why they wouldn't trade him. This is a ****ed up move by Dwight if his intentions aren't to stay there long term.

Just to recap....

LBJ amd Bosh leaves their teams when they become FA's and they did their organizations wrong and was call every name in the book...

Melo tells Denver he is not signing long term and ask for a trade to the team of his choice and he is a drama queen and should shut up and play..

Howard says he wants to finish out his contract with his teammates and now this is a F***ed up move!

I guess every player should never look out for themselves at all and always do whats best for that team and not them... Especially when all these teams and franchises are quick to stand by their players, I mean they never cut a player, or trade a player to a team or to a place he and his family has no desire to go. Heck in the NFL this year the Colts showed no one is above the best interest of the team... But players should look out for these same people first????? Okay!

LA_Raiders
03-14-2012, 12:01 AM
Shaq 2.0

The Jokemaker
03-14-2012, 12:02 AM
Trade him. If he thinks the team has such a chance to surprise people then why in the H would he leave. Who cares what this prima donna wants, give him his trade and say good riddances. There's an old saying that goes something like "there are 2 tragedies in life, not getting what you want, and getting it"

C-Style
03-14-2012, 12:03 AM
Shaq 2.0 is exactly right

Ezio
He's leaving in the offseason. Trade him and start the rebuilding this season.

C-Style
It sucks that Magic didn't get anything in return

showtime24
Then sign in Dwight. If not gtfo lol

cssdmark
03-14-2012, 12:04 AM
I hope Orlando is not naive or dumb enough to believe he will stay, even if they win a championship he is leaving. He wants to take his brand to Russia (only God knows why) that country is in shambles and are not big on basketball, maybe Dwight is coming out with a new brand of Vodka. I know Orlando has its hopes up and want to hold on but if you do you will get nothing for him next year and New Jersey oh I mean Brooklyn will be a favorite to win the east and possibly the championship with Dwight, Deron and all the players they will NOT have to give up and the pics they will not have to give up. Orlando is already in a bad position for holding him this long because the longer they hold him the less New Jersey knows they have to give up to get him and has the upper hand because Dwight only wants to go there. I wish Carmelo would have done that. Anyway I feel for you Orlando but do not be stupid, get what you can, even if you trade him to another team as a rental and let the other team suffer the consequences of their stupidity. Dwight will be in Brooklyn next year no matter what.

valade16
lol @ you...

that team was no match for miami

They were up 2-0 and the Wade got some pretty questionable calls in game 3. :shrug:

C-Style
He's leaving in the offseason. Trade him and start the rebuilding this season.

Nets are the only team he wants to play for, why would they offer anything?

justinnum1
03-14-2012, 12:05 AM
kberg
Quite clearly, Dwight wants his cake and eat it, too. Some Magic officials privately disgusted with his comments tonight, sources say.

--23--
03-14-2012, 12:05 AM
I call this BS from Dwight

shep33
03-14-2012, 12:06 AM
Just to recap....

LBJ amd Bosh leaves their teams when they become FA's and they did their organizations wrong and was call every name in the book...

Melo tells Denver he is not signing long term and ask for a trade to the team of his choice and he is a drama queen and should shut up and play..

Howard says he wants to finish out his contract with his teammates and now this is a F***ed up move!

I guess every player should never look out for themselves at all and always do whats best for that team and not them... Especially when all these teams and franchises are quick to stand by their players, I mean they never cut a player, or trade a player to a team or to a place he and his family has no desire to go. Heck in the NFL this year the Colts showed no one is above the best interest of the team... But players should look out for these same people first????? Okay!

If he was serious about staying with them why not opt in for next season? He has a player option he can stay. It's win a title or he's gone... Howard is not just about winning, he wants money, he wants to be a global icon.

Opt in or ship his *** out

jmoney85
03-14-2012, 12:07 AM
What he said. If Avery was such a 'great' coach, why did Dallas fire him? Didn't they loose to GS in the 1st round with him as the coach?

didnt svg lose in the 1st round last season?... after losing in the finals svg has declined every season

plenty of good coaches lose in the 1st round... jerry sloan lost in the 1st round a ton of times does that make him a bad coach?

phil jackson failed to make the playoffs and lost consecutive seasons in the 1st round to the suns.... does that make him a bad coach?

Robbw241
Dwight wants to stay so then Magic are pissed and want to trade him. GENIUS!!!! Nah he probably didn't think of that at all

KB-Pau-DH2012
I guarantee you Otis is gonna trade his ***!

rurichie
03-14-2012, 12:08 AM
He's coming to NJ~!

Robbw241
03-14-2012, 12:09 AM
I guarantee you Otis is gonna trade his ***!

Otis has wanted to for awhile, comes down to the CEO and Owner.

jmoney85
03-14-2012, 12:09 AM
I hope Orlando is not naive or dumb enough to believe he will stay, even if they win a championship he is leaving. He wants to take his brand to Russia (only God knows why) that country is in shambles and are not big on basketball, maybe Dwight is coming out with a new brand of Vodka. I know Orlando has its hopes up and want to hold on but if you do you will get nothing for him next year and New Jersey oh I mean Brooklyn will be a favorite to win the east and possibly the championship with Dwight, Deron and all the players they will NOT have to give up and the pics they will not have to give up. Orlando is already in a bad position for holding him this long because the longer they hold him the less New Jersey knows they have to give up to get him and has the upper hand because Dwight only wants to go there. I wish Carmelo would have done that. Anyway I feel for you Orlando but do not be stupid, get what you can, even if you trade him to another team as a rental and let the other team suffer the consequences of their stupidity. Dwight will be in Brooklyn next year no matter what.

not like this means anything but basketball is actually really big in russia

Pistol_Pete
03-14-2012, 12:11 AM
Now this is interesting.

Is it a "I don't want the Nets to give up anyone for me so they have a stronger team" move, a "we can always do a sign and trade, so let's see if you can get anyone else here with me" or a "I really don't know what I want to do" move?

VinceCarter
03-14-2012, 12:13 AM

We'd still have all our players. He's not getting traded to the Nets. And if for some crazy reason Magic decide to trade him the Nets would save some of those key pieces or else they wouldn't do the deal. Why give all that away when all signs point to a FA signing of him...the Nets would low ball the Magic.

Theyhateme459
03-14-2012, 12:14 AM
Meanwhile in San Fran.....

http://blog.sfgate.com/warriors/2012/03/13/ellis-on-the-move/?gta=commentlistpos#commentlistpos

What was the reaction of your teammates?: “Everybody is upset, but this is what happens. This is part of the league. I wish them the best. Now, I’m going to go help the Bucks win.”

How did you find out?: “I read it on the TV. I don’t have a problem with that. It is what it is.”

Did you tell them that you wanted out?: “They didn’t hear that out of my mouth. I kind of figured that something bad was going to happen today. I was prepared for it. I’m good.”

Did you know you were going to Milwaukee?: “I knew they weren’t going to send me to a playoff team. But the Bucks are still in the running. I think we can go for the eighth spot.”

As I said before... these owners/teams will cut you, ship you and your family wherever in a heartbeat and not even a call... yet people still claim players owe all these things to the owners and teams... It's just business for these players as it should be, because clearly it is just business to these owners and teams.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-14-2012, 12:18 AM

http://blog.sfgate.com/warriors/2012/03/13/ellis-on-the-move/?gta=commentlistpos#commentlistpos

As I said before... these owners/teams will cut you, ship you and your family wherever in a heartbeat and not even a call... yet people still claim players owe all these things to the owners and teams... It's just business for these players as it should be, because clearly it is just business to these owners and teams.

The difference is, the players work for the owners.

Would you ever give your boss an ultimatum then hold them hostage?

VinceCarter
03-14-2012, 12:19 AM

Great point a lot of people probably don't look into. Would you want a bunch of people yelling at you and being happy or disgusted with your career choices and decisions? Dwight is living his career whether we like it or not.

The Jokemaker
03-14-2012, 12:19 AM
He's coming to NJ~!

Better hope you win or he'll be B'ing and M'ing to be traded to a winner within 2 years.

jmoney85
03-14-2012, 12:20 AM

you are clueless :facepalm:

oak2455
03-14-2012, 12:21 AM
its funny when your own fan base calls you for trolling :o

*Silver&Black*
03-14-2012, 12:21 AM

Different situations, BUT you are getting paid millions to be "shipped" and play a game for more money than 99% of America will ever see.

UPRock
03-14-2012, 12:23 AM

That's why the Warriors are that crappy, they always make things wrong and aren't reliable. They could've certainly gotten more for Ellis and Udoh. Watch out Curry, they can trade you for Jameer Nelson...I wouldn't be surprised though.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-14-2012, 12:33 AM
you are clueless :facepalm:

Elaborate.

Because you haven't really proven anything outside to troll.

Theyhateme459
03-14-2012, 12:37 AM

The difference is that I am replacable, most workers are replaceable... NBA basketball players... not so replacable, so it's more like a partnership as the owners need the players (They are a select group who can generate revenues for their business) just as much as the players need the owners (organization and pay checks).

Different situations, BUT you are getting paid millions to be "shipped" and play a game for more money than 99% of America will ever see.

Why are we always so focused on the players money? Owners make $$$ off of people playing a game... Top executives in other companies make $$$$$$ and still put things in their contracts that gives them even more leverage (I know I am a auditor and see these contracts). Some executives don't even earn their money... a lot of family own companies stay in the family and are passed down to them.... Yet we are all focused on only the players $$$.

It's all about tone at the top... Don't expect players to give and want to do things in your best interest and not be selfish when you yourself are selfish and will do what is best for you and your bottom line.

DoMeFavors
03-14-2012, 12:39 AM
He is saying this so if they trade him he doesnt look bad, and if they keep him and they do terrible in the playoffs he has an excuse. Either way im good.

TheWhiteMamba
03-14-2012, 12:40 AM
**** Dwight. Nice job of him "closing" the game tonight. He only missed about 6 consecutive free throws in a crucial part of the game.

jmoney85
03-14-2012, 12:40 AM
Elaborate.

Because you haven't really proven anything outside to troll.

I have elaborated enough

Dwight Howard has the right to free agency....him telling the magic what team(s) he will sign an extension with is not holding the team hostage...why should dwight sign an extension with the team with the best offer?....

Theyhateme459
03-14-2012, 12:42 AM
Great point a lot of people probably don't look into. Would you want a bunch of people yelling at you and being happy or disgusted with your career choices and decisions? Dwight is living his career whether we like it or not.

Also most people get the right to live where they want to live, work in what city they want to work in (or have some form of choice)... players are drafted to a team/city... spend time their, play their contract, so when they have legal rights to do what they want, go where they want, and have some say over their living arrangements life they should look out for themselves....

Hell if I know I have that ability, when all the other times throughout my career that opportunity will not be present and someone else will control where I play, if I need to move, when I get cut and stop playing... hell yea I am going to make the most of that opportunity and do what is best for me and only me the few chances I get.

I

dsonLAL24
03-14-2012, 12:44 AM
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Sources-Nets-Lakers-in-trade-mix-for-Dwight-Howard/-/1637132/9289198/-/xr1qvx/-/index.html

Lakers have offer on table.

Lakers send:
Bynum
DFish
MWP

Magic send:
Turk
Howard
Duhon

*Silver&Black*
03-14-2012, 12:45 AM
Why are we always so focused on the players money? Owners make $$$ off of people playing a game... Top executives in other companies make $$$$$$ and still put things in their contracts that gives them even more leverage (I know I am a auditor and see these contracts). Some executives don't even earn their money... a lot of family own companies stay in the family and are passed down to them.... Yet we are all focused on only the players $$$.

It's all about tone at the top... Don't expect players to give and want to do things in your best interest and not be selfish when you yourself are selfish and will do what is best for you and your bottom line.

Owners do make alot, and I understand it's just the pie that they are sharing so I'm not hating on a player's salary. What I'm getting at is you are getting paid to play anywhere you are moved, so deal with it. If you don't like the business of getting paid millions to play around the country, find another job. This doesn't have anything to do with players vs owners money. It's the 1 job I'm focusing on. If someone worked under someone at McDonalds, you are the one flipping burgers while the owner gets paid more sitting on the couch. If you got paid millions of dollars, why would you complain? To add to that, would you rather flip burgers or dribble a basketball for that money (fame comes with it)?

Marlin234
03-14-2012, 12:46 AM
You know what's going to be hilarious? Dwight's gonna give hope to Orlando and get em all excited and wet in their pants. Then he's bail on them at the end of season when it's a failure. But he wont even get half the hate Lebron.

Now everyones gonna say "well that's because he didn't do a 1 hour exclusive to announce it". Yea right my ****.. That'll show everyone was just bitter and used that 1 hour special as an excuse to hate on the guy

GodsSon
03-14-2012, 12:46 AM
Trade this fool and get something back NOW

Don't do what Toronto and Cleveland did

GodsSon
03-14-2012, 12:47 AM
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Sources-Nets-Lakers-in-trade-mix-for-Dwight-Howard/-/1637132/9289198/-/xr1qvx/-/index.html

Lakers send:
Bynum
DFish
MWP

Magic send:
Turk
Howard
Duhon

Orlando needs to accept that and ship his *** out West

HoodedSB
03-14-2012, 12:48 AM
I hope the magic manage to move him before the deadline, now they are in a tight situation because they just lost a good deal of leverage with other gms.

jmoney85
03-14-2012, 12:49 AM
You know what's going to be hilarious? Dwight's gonna give hope to Orlando and get em all excited and wet in their pants. Then he's bail on them at the end of season when it's a failure. But he wont even get half the hate Lebron.

Now everyones gonna say "well that's because he didn't do a 1 hour exclusive to announce it". Yea right my ****.. That'll show everyone was just bitter and used that 1 hour special as an excuse to hate on the guy

difference is dwight actually told them hes not extending numerous times

get your facts right

Metsboi69
03-14-2012, 12:49 AM

Lakers send:
Bynum
DFish
MWP

Magic send:
Turk
Howard
Duhon

I'm not so sure I believe this source...

TheWhiteMamba
03-14-2012, 12:50 AM
Id deal him to NJ and take any assets they have. Let him suck with Dwill and trash around them.

justinnum1
03-14-2012, 12:51 AM
send him to NO for garbage and a pick lol

Draco
It's all about Dwight.

GodsSon
Id deal him to NJ and take any assets they have. Let him suck with Dwill and trash around them.

This works too.

HoodedSB
03-14-2012, 12:54 AM
They should trade him for dwill! He'd be so pissed! add lopez from nj and (lol)jameer from ORL, and at least the personnel would match. Not a serious suggestion but it would be funny as hell to see dwight in nj w/out dwill.

TheWhiteMamba
03-14-2012, 12:54 AM
Dwight KNOWS he isnt resigning wants to finish the year so he can walk to NJ. That's ****ed up. I thought Lebron at least considered resigning with the Cavs.

*Superman*
03-14-2012, 12:55 AM
I'm not so sure I believe this source...

Same guy that said CP3 to Orlando would get done last year.

Don't.

jmoney85

someones bitter

C-Style

this

Marlin234
difference is dwight actually told them hes not extending numerous times

get your facts right

Lebron didn't even cause half the drama this guy is causing. And Lebron actually played out the season and didn't ***** and moan the whole season.

Jump off the ****

HoodedSB
03-14-2012, 12:57 AM
Nothing f*cked up about that. It also wouldn't be f*cked if the nets sent him to the bobcats or something. It's a business for christsakes, the man deserves to be paid what he's worth, and has a right to free agency.

jmoney85
03-14-2012, 12:57 AM
Lebron didn't even cause half the drama this guy is causing. And Lebron actually played out the season and didn't ***** and moan the whole season.

Jump off the ****

yea lebron didnt give the cavs the chance to get something for him like dwight did... you maddddddd

akagiredsuns
03-14-2012, 12:58 AM
A classic case of what a moron DH12 is. His immaturity is why I'm glad he's not on the Bulls. I'm happy with Noah. Howard might be the most dominant, but Noah does much more, such as being a solid passer, slowly developing a mid-range shot and a high FT% shooter. He does the intangibles. Howard is not worth gutting your team for. Stay in ORL and leave at the end if you want. You'll be just like Shaq anyway even if you don't sign with the Lakers. What an assclown. :facepalm:

jmoney85
03-14-2012, 12:58 AM
Nothing f*cked up about that. It also wouldn't be f*cked if the nets sent him to the bobcats or something. It's a business for christsakes, the man deserves to be paid what he's worth, and has a right to free agency.

thissssss

Theyhateme459
03-14-2012, 12:59 AM
Owners do make alot, and I understand it's just the pie that they are sharing so I'm not hating on a player's salary. What I'm getting at is you are getting paid to play anywhere you are moved, so deal with it. If you don't like the business of getting paid millions to play around the country, find another job. This doesn't have anything to do with players vs owners money. It's the 1 job I'm focusing on. If someone worked under someone at McDonalds, you are the one flipping burgers while the owner gets paid more sitting on the couch. If you got paid millions of dollars, why would you complain? To add to that, would you rather flip burgers or dribble a basketball for that money (fame comes with it)?

I understand that, and it is part of what I eluded to. A player does have to play where they play ect... so when they do get an opportunity to have say over where they play ect, I understand and expect them to look out for themselves in that rare opportunity.

I mean if you have no control over those factors (for reasons) and you only get 1 or 2 chances to really exert some control, would you not take it? When you could take control over your own interest for once why not use it?

HoodedSB
03-14-2012, 01:00 AM
*mods please delete*

Metsboi69
03-14-2012, 01:01 AM

Jump off the ****

No instead Lebron kept his mouth shut and plotted all along to join his buddies in south beach, leaving the Cavs with next to nothing. Dwight isn't 100% right but he did request a trade, which he has never refuted until sorta now. He's going to leave at the end of the year. The Magic are stuck with a tough predicament make one last run, and be stuck with nothing, or trade Dwight for some assets and cap relief making the rebuilding transition much easier. Both scenarios obviously suck pretty hard, but if you don't trade him by thursday you cant blame the dude for leaving.

*Silver&Black*
03-14-2012, 01:02 AM
I understand that, and it is part of what I eluded to. A player does have to play where they play ect... so when they do get an opportunity to have say over where they play ect, I understand and expect them to look out for themselves in that rare opportunity.

I mean if you have no control over those factors (for reasons) and you only get 1 or 2 chances to really exert some control, would you not take it? When you could take control over your own interest for once why not use it?

I agree. We would try to be in control of our interest if we were in the same position.

ee
03-14-2012, 01:02 AM
A classic case of what a moron DH12 is. His immaturity is why I'm glad he's not on the Bulls. I'm happy with Noah. Howard might be the most dominant, but Noah does much more, such as being a solid passer, slowly developing a mid-range shot and a high FT% shooter. He does the intangibles. Howard is not worth gutting your team for. Stay in ORL and leave at the end if you want. You'll be just like Shaq anyway even if you don't sign with the Lakers. What an assclown. :facepalm:

ok

ThunderousDemon
03-14-2012, 01:04 AM
Has he signed an extension with the Magic? No? Okay, then he's getting traded.

TheWhiteMamba
03-14-2012, 01:04 AM
Bruce Arthur ‏@bruce_arthur
If Orlando doesn't trade Dwight now, they're the guy who thinks that stripper really likes them.

:laugh:

oak2455
03-14-2012, 01:05 AM
yea lebron didnt give the cavs the chance to get something for him like dwight did... you maddddddd

Cavs did ok

HoodedSB
03-14-2012, 01:05 AM
Bruce Arthur ‏@bruce_arthur
If Orlando doesn't trade Dwight now, they're the guy who thinks that stripper really likes them.

:laugh:

i enjoyed this

oak2455
03-14-2012, 01:06 AM
Hope some of you guys and trolls make it to the deadline

jmoney85
03-14-2012, 01:09 AM
Cavs did ok

:facepalm:

DodgerBulls
03-14-2012, 01:10 AM
Simple as 1,2,3 really.

Why cripple the Nets when he can just sign?
Why play for a team that will gutted out and most likely won't make the playoffs this year.
Why not try to play for a team (Magic) that will be mid-high seed this year for a championship?

Ah Durr.

Anyway, it will still be the trading teams decision. Although Dwight seemed like he is sure that he'll sign with the Nets during the off-season, if a team doesn't mind renting him for the playoffs the Magics will definitely trade him rather than losing him for nothing.

ThunderousDemon
03-14-2012, 01:11 AM
Hope some of you guys and trolls make it to the deadline

What gender are Trolls? :confused:

Punk
03-14-2012, 01:12 AM
Wow, lost respect for you Dwight. Your basically trying to get out of there and go to the Nets with them losing no assets.

Atleast Melo sent talent back.

daWarriorz21
03-14-2012, 01:14 AM
Nice!! thanks Dwight. You got all the attention you wanted

oak2455
03-14-2012, 01:17 AM
What gender are Trolls? :confused:

Females....lol.... But not the type in my sig :D

OutOfTHEBLUE
03-14-2012, 01:18 AM
Honestly, if I were the Magic I'd trade him unless he signs on the dotted line before the deadline.

Obviously I'm a Lakers fan, and obviously I'd love to have Dwight Howard playing for my team, but I genuinely just don't want to see the Magic get left high and dry.

They seem like a classy organization with a fantastic fan base, they've got the new arena, ownership that's willing to spend, and Orlando has to be one of the nicer NBA cities in terms of weather and location.

And if Dwight is really so concerned with forging his own path and not following in Shaq's footsteps, then isn't staying in Orlando the best way to do that?

jmoney85
03-14-2012, 01:19 AM
Wow, lost respect for you Dwight. Your basically trying to get out of there and go to the Nets with them losing no assets.

thats because melo is all about the money and wanted that payday before the new CBA

dont be foolish

oak2455
03-14-2012, 01:23 AM

Kyrie says hello

jmoney85
03-14-2012, 01:27 AM
Kyrie says hello

they got kyrie irving pick from the clippers trade.... had nothing to do with lebron james

oak2455
03-14-2012, 01:28 AM
they got kyrie irving pick from the clippers trade.... had nothing to do with lebron james

They did get 2 first;)

Sactown
03-14-2012, 01:29 AM

Melo wanted a bigger paycheck and didn't give a **** about the talent... don't act like he was noble..

SmartestGuyHere
03-14-2012, 01:30 AM
In all fairness, he demanded a trade long before this period. Its management's fault for not trading him sooner, now they are paying for it. If management is stupid enough to listen to Dwight's demand and refuse to trade him. Its their own damn fault. Dwight doesn't have a non-trade clause, the Magic can do whatever they want.

SmartestGuyHere
03-14-2012, 01:32 AM

Carmelo would have been a Laker if the Knicks didn't give in. The Knicks caved because they are dumb. (I highly doubt Jim Buss would have allowed the Bynum for Melo trade.)

jmoney85
03-14-2012, 01:36 AM
They did get 2 first;)

ok so how about the nets give the magic 2 lottery protected 1st round picks.... guess thats fair value since lebron is the best player in the nba

H.E.R.
03-14-2012, 01:41 AM
In all fairness, he demanded a trade long before this period. Its management's fault for not trading him sooner, now they are paying for it. If management is stupid enough to listen to Dwight's demand and refuse to trade him. Its their own damn fault. Dwight doesn't have a non-trade clause, the Magic can do whatever they want.

It's not Otis Smith's fault. He had a trade in place that sent Lopez, Gerald Wallace, and a bunch of Nets picks in a 3-team deal, but DeVos stopped it. For once, Otis Smith isn't at fault for the Magic's current troubles.

ok so how about the nets give the magic 2 lottery protected 1st round picks.... guess thats fair value since lebron is the best player in the nba

Why should the Nets do this and why should Howard ask for it? There's no 5th year and 7.5% increase in percentages anymore even if he does a sign-and-trade.

ThunderousDemon
03-14-2012, 01:42 AM
I think we'll know for sure tomorrow where Dwight is getting traded to.

H.E.R.
03-14-2012, 01:44 AM
I think we'll know for sure tomorrow where Dwight is getting traded to.

At this point, I think DeVos doesn't trade him and Howard signs with the Nets. No one is going to offer anything of note for a 20-game rental.

C-Style
03-14-2012, 01:44 AM
All signs point to Brooklyn. Just a matter of if the Magic get raped in the *** with a dick, or a dildo

ThunderousDemon
03-14-2012, 01:46 AM
At this point, I think DeVos doesn't trade him and Howard signs with the Nets. No one is going to offer anything of note for a 20-game rental.

You never know what the outcome will be, they'll be stupid if they don't trade him.

ThunderousDemon
03-14-2012, 01:47 AM
All signs point to Brooklyn. Just a matter of if the Magic get raped in the *** with a dick, or a dildo

:ouch:

H.E.R.
03-14-2012, 01:48 AM
You never know what the outcome will be, they'll be stupid if they don't trade him.

But again...for what?

ThunderousDemon
03-14-2012, 01:49 AM
But again...for what?

The Nets deal is still on the table.

VinceCarter
03-14-2012, 01:52 AM
Nets are stupid if they give up all their assets.

ALSO this thread is full of bitterness, jealousy, and hatred :pity:

Dwight told the Magic he wanted out in December........DECEMBER they should of noticed that their time to put a team around him was up and to trade him when his value was high.

H.E.R.
03-14-2012, 01:52 AM
The Nets deal is still on the table.

Is it? If the Nets feel like he's going to sign with them in the offseason, why gut the team for him?

Raps18-19 Champ
03-14-2012, 01:54 AM
I have elaborated enough

Dwight Howard has the right to free agency....him telling the magic what team(s) he will sign an extension with is not holding the team hostage...why should dwight sign an extension with the team with the best offer?....

What the hell are you talking about?

He just said that he'll sign with the Nets in the offseason. That means even the Nets, the only team that would be willing to offer something right now, wont trade for him anymore.

How the hell is that not dictating where he goes.

ThunderousDemon
03-14-2012, 01:55 AM
Is it? If the Nets feel like he's going to sign with them in the offseason, why gut the team for him?

Why risk it though, Dallas would have the Cap Space to sign either Deron or Howard, so you Can't really predict what would happen. As long as Howard hasn't signed the extension with the Magic, then he will most likely get traded.

ThunderousDemon
03-14-2012, 01:56 AM
Howard is acting like a little ***** if these rumors are true.

jmoney85
03-14-2012, 01:57 AM
what the hell are you talking about?

He just said that he'll sign with the nets in the offseason. That means even the nets, the only team that would be willing to offer something right now, wont trade for him anymore.

How the hell is that not dictating where he goes.

they had the choice to trade him in december and get assets!!!

H.E.R.
Dallas would have the Cap Space to sign either Deron or Howard, so you Can't really predict what would happen.

Again, Dallas doesn't. I've said it multiple times before, the Mavericks could throw out EVERYONE on their roster except for Dirk and empty roster spot cap holds and Dwight and Deron would still take a first year paycut. Now add in Marion, Carter, Beaubois, and Jones and they would take an even bigger paycut.

For one of them, they have to find a taker for Marion's contract before Thursday. If they don't, it would have to be a draft-day trade for pure cap space. Not many teams looking for a 34-year-old $18 million without getting something meaningful in return.

John Walls Era
Did he say he was going to sign with the Nets (as mentioned in the other thread)? This circus is hard to keep up with.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-14-2012, 01:59 AM
The difference is that I am replacable, most workers are replaceable... NBA basketball players... not so replacable, so it's more like a partnership as the owners need the players (They are a select group who can generate revenues for their business) just as much as the players need the owners (organization and pay checks).

The Magic did have an opportunity to replace him. There's 2 days until the deadline but clearly they can't do anything now because Howard messed it up.

But even then, partnerships have the right to screw one another over? Because Howard just ****ed it up for the Magic. At least the Magic gave 2 options. Either try to reconcile or they'll trade Howard to the team of his choosing.

Looks like Howard doesn't even want option number 2 now.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-14-2012, 02:00 AM
they had the choice to trade him in december and get assets!!!

Because the deadline was in December, right?

They still have the choice to trade him but even if they do decide to trade him now, even to the team that Howard said he wanted, they can't because Howard ****ed it up.

ThunderousDemon
03-14-2012, 02:00 AM
I hope that when I wake up tomorrow Howard is traded to the Bobcats and this whole fiasco is over.

shep33
03-14-2012, 02:01 AM
I hope that when I wake up tomorrow Howard is traded to the Bobcats and this whole fiasco is over.

Bobcats have all the Bismack they need lol

jmoney85
03-14-2012, 02:03 AM
Because the deadline was in December, right?

howard told the magic to trade him in december...they obviously would have gotten assets...they chose not too (the know the consequences by doing this)

now we are at the deadline... why are the nets going to trade assets for player they can sign in a few months ?

H.E.R.
03-14-2012, 02:05 AM
howard told the magic to trade him in december...they obviously would have gotten assets...they chose not too (the know the consequences by doing this)

now we are at the deadline... why are the nets going to trade assets for player they can sign in a few months ?

Especially since without Howard this season, they have a chance at a Top 5 pick AND bring Howard in through free agency.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-14-2012, 02:06 AM

That's how he's holding them hostage. How are you going to argue something yet state it in the post yourself?

Did the Magic screw up earlier? Yes they did.

Do they have a chance to redeem themselves? Considering there's 2 days left, yes.

Can they redeem themselves? No because Howard just ****ed it up for everyone.

daboywonder2002
03-14-2012, 02:09 AM
are the nets giving up their 2012 first round pick(assuming a top 5 pick) for howard?? if im the magic, i want marshon, lopez and that pick. point blank

H.E.R.
03-14-2012, 02:10 AM
are the nets giving up their 2012 first round pick(assuming a top 5 pick) for howard?? if im the magic, i want marshon, lopez and that pick. point blank

I'm going to guess that's off the table now.

imagesrdecievin
03-14-2012, 02:12 AM
It seems to me like the Magic Ownership misplayed their hand. They looked at the Carmelo situation as their model and decided to wait until the last minute with the hopes of extracting as much value as possible in any D12 trade. It turns out that the scenario's aren't the same and they will wind up getting screwed.

What a lot of fans seem to forget that this is a business that takes place between the players and owners. As much as our (the fans) money drives this business we forget that we aren't partners in this deal.

In the past few seasons we have seen players leave in a variety of ways - all of which resulted in the fans lashing out "Player X screwed us". In all reality that player screwed management. No one should be surprised that employees are willing to screw management - because everyone knows that management is more than willing to screw it's employees.

Because we (diehard)fans root for teams and not players it's easy for us to direct our frustration at the player - even though the player just did whatever was in their best interest.

Dwight is no more a villain than Lebron, Bosh, Melo etc.

Raps18-19 Champ

The Nets wont offer anything for him now.

Thank Dwight "Douche" Howard for that.

VinceCarter
I still want to know WTH is up with Dwight's Nets jersey on the NBA Store?!?!?!?!

jmoney85
03-14-2012, 02:14 AM

That's how he's holding them hostage. How are you going to argue something yet state it in the post yourself?

Did the Magic screw up earlier? Yes they did.

Do they have a chance to redeem themselves? Considering there's 2 days left, yes.

Can they redeem themselves? No because Howard just ****ed it up for everyone.

you keep blaming this on howard when the magic ownership are the ones who put themselves in this situation.... what do you expect dwight to do?

Raps18-19 Champ
03-14-2012, 02:14 AM
It seems to me like the Magic Ownership misplayed their hand. They looked at the Carmelo situation as their model and decided to wait until the last minute with the hopes of extracting as much value as possible in any D12 trade. It turns out that the scenario's aren't the same and they will wind up getting screwed.

What a lot of fans seem to forget that this is a business that takes place between the players and owners. As much as our (the fans) money drives this business we forget that we aren't partners in this deal.

In the past few seasons we have seen players leave in a variety of ways - all of which resulted in the fans lashing out "Player X screwed us". In all reality that player screwed management. No one should be surprised that employees are willing to screw management - because everyone knows that management is more than willing to screw it's employees.

Because we (diehard)fans root for teams and not players it's easy for us to direct our frustration at the player - even though the player just did whatever was in their best interest.

Dwight is no better or worse than Lebron, Bosh, Melo etc.

Difference is, Dwight didn't basically go out to the public and say that he's going to screw the Magic over.

At least the Nuggets actually got pieces for Melo and Lebron would never have left had the Cavs actually done something useful and surround Lebron with talent to win a title.

H.E.R.
03-14-2012, 02:15 AM

The Magic thought the Nets and the Lakers would get into a bidding war for Howard just like the Nuggets did with the Knicks and the Nets (though it's possible the Nets did this just to drive the price for Melo up). The Melo part of the trade, Howard, isn't facing a new collective bargaining agreement and he also has the advantage of knowing what happens when a team guts itself for a star like the Knicks did with Melo.

gaughan333
Dwight is smart. Make it so Orlando doesn't trade him. He gets to finish the year somewhere he sorta likes then sign with the nets next year who will have deron, marshon, lottery pick, humpries, and lopez. That's a pretty good team (depending on who lottery pick ends up being)

jmoney85

aint happening bro

H.E.R.
03-14-2012, 02:16 AM
Lebron would never have left had the Cavs actually done something useful and surround Lebron with talent to win a title.

LeBron said he would not stop until Cleveland has a title. He led the public on more than Dwight is currently doing.

imagesrdecievin
03-14-2012, 02:16 AM
Difference is, Dwight didn't basically go out to the public and say that he's going to screw the Magic over.

At least the Nuggets actually got pieces for Melo and Lebron would never have left had the Cavs actually done something useful and surround Lebron with talent to win a title.

My post had a point that was bigger than comparing all of the players that left.

Way to hone in on one detail and miss the bigger picture.

jmoney85
03-14-2012, 02:17 AM
if the nets dont make this trade they could potentially have the best team in the nba assuming dwight signs there

top 5 pick + the cap space they can aquire with deadline deals... and a brook lopez to dangle...also bojan bogdanovic who is suppose to be really good also

naps
03-14-2012, 02:19 AM
Damn, I can only imagine the hate he's gonna generate if he leaves as a FA. He's basically planning to screw the Magic over if he bolts as FA and leaves Magic with nothing. May be he learned something from Melo trade that Knicks became a vacuum through Melo trade. Deron-Brooks-Lopez-Dwight looks scary now.

imagesrdecievin
03-14-2012, 02:20 AM
if the nets dont make this trade they could potentially have the best team in the nba assuming dwight signs there

top 5 pick + the cap space they can aquire with deadline deals... and a brook lopez to dangle...also bojan bogdanovic who is suppose to be really good also

If everything does work out perfectly - is there any chance whatsoever that you may be humble about it?

Or are you going to be "that guy" that just makes people on the fence hate the Nets franchise just because they'd like to punch you in the face for being so damned obnoxious?

H.E.R.
03-14-2012, 02:20 AM
Deron-Brooks-Lopez-Dwight looks scary now.

The Nets also have their own pick this year. Lopez (sprained ankle) and Deron (strained calf) can be shut down for the rest of the season...

jmoney85
03-14-2012, 02:21 AM
Damn, I can only imagine the hate he's gonna generate if he leaves as a FA. He's basically planning to screw the Magic over if he bolts as FA and leaves Magic with nothing. May be he learned something from Melo trade that Knicks became a vacuum through Melo trade. Deron-Brooks-Lopez-Dwight looks scary now.

dont forget hump and a top 5 pick and houstons 1st rounder

H.E.R.
03-14-2012, 02:22 AM
dont forget hump and a top 5 pick and houstons 1st rounder

Unless he decides to take a huge paycut, Humphries is likely gone to retain Lopez instead. Houston's 1st may be sent with Farmar and Petro to Charlotte for Diaw's expiring contract to make room for Lopez as well.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-14-2012, 02:23 AM
you keep blaming this on howard when the magic ownership are the ones who put themselves in this situation.... what do you expect dwight to do?

Like I've said earlier, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

The Magic were wrong not to trade him. That doesn't give Howard a right to "get revenge".

Think the death penalty. Governments make it known that you'll be punished for crime. Murderers put themselves in that situation. Is the government right to kill them because they are in that situation? Clearly there are other options.

Just like how Howard made it known he wants to be traded, yet the Magic put themselves in the situation. I guess Howard has the right to "kill" the franchise and set them back?

I also expect Howard to STFU and play. Not go out to the media and say he's going to screw the Magic over. At least he should have some integrity. How the hell is he going to say that he appreciates the Magic fans from the bottom of his heart then goes ahead and pretty much says I'm going to screw the Orlando Magic and set them back for years.

imagesrdecievin
03-14-2012, 02:25 AM

The Magic were wrong not to trade him. That doesn't give Howard a right to "get revenge".

Think the death penalty. Governments make it known that you'll be punished for crime. Murderers put themselves in that situation. Is the government right to kill them because they are in that situation? Clearly there are other options.

Just like how Howard made it known he wants to be traded, yet the Magic put themselves in the situation. I guess Howard has the right to "kill" the franchise and set them back?

I also expect Howard to STFU and play. Not go out to the media and say he's going to screw the Magic over. At least he should have some integrity. How the hell is he going to say that he appreciates the Magic fans from the bottom of his heart then goes ahead and pretty much says I'm going to screw the Orlando Magic and set them back for years.

Why do you see it as getting revenge?

I believe it was you that made the point that the Magic don't owe Dwight anything more than the money left on his contract?

Why isn't it true the other way? Why does Dwight owe anything more to the Magic than the time left on his contract?

Why does it have to be anything more than that?

Raps18-19 Champ
03-14-2012, 02:25 AM
LeBron said he would not stop until Cleveland has a title. He led the public on more than Dwight is currently doing.

Which is why Lebron gets his fair share of hate.

Though Lebron actually left as a FA and made his decision after his contract was done when he got eliminated.

Howard made his decision before he is actually a FA.

jmoney85
03-14-2012, 02:27 AM

Though Lebron actually left as a FA and made his decision after his contract was done when he got eliminated.

dont be naive and think that lebron and dwade didnt have that setup for years lol

H.E.R.
03-14-2012, 02:27 AM

Do you honestly believe LeBron, Wade, and Bosh made their decision to play together during free agency?

jmoney85
03-14-2012, 02:28 AM

how is that revenge?.... dwight has maintained the same stance as he did in december... if the guy comes out and says he doesnt want to be traded how is that holding anybody hostage... the magic can still trade him lol

Raps18-19 Champ
03-14-2012, 02:29 AM
Why do you see it as getting revenge?

I believe it was you that made the point that the Magic don't owe Dwight anything more than the money left on his contract?

Why isn't it true the other way? Why does Dwight owe anything more to the Magic than the time left on his contract?

Why does it have to be anything more than that?

I don't recall making that point. Though if you can show me, I'd gladly explain it if I said it in a weird way.

Because Howard works for the Magic. He's an employee. And even then, the fact that people think he's an innocent angel in all this is laughable. He's basically admitted he's controlling the situation and will screw the Magic over. If he wants to leave, leave. But people need to stop turning the other way when he's done some wrong in this situation.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-14-2012, 02:31 AM
how is that revenge?.... dwight has maintained the same stance as he did in december... if the guy comes out and says he doesnt want to be traded how is that holding anybody hostage... the magic can still trade him lol

:sigh:

Clearly it's not getting to your head. Even the Nets, the team that Howard wanted to go to, wont trade for him now. No other team will offer anything now. By saying he'll sign with the Nets, the Magic lose all trade partners.

As for the revenge part, you worded your post to make it seem like 'revenge'.

daboywonder2002
03-14-2012, 02:32 AM
orlando is dumb if they dont get the nets first round pick out of this. if im the magic, i want that pick unprotected.point blank

imagesrdecievin
03-14-2012, 02:33 AM
I don't recall making that point. Though if you can show me, I'd gladly explain it if I said it in a weird way.

Because Howard works for the Magic. He's an employee. And even then, the fact that people think he's an innocent angel in all this is laughable. He's basically admitted he's controlling the situation and will screw the Magic over. If he wants to leave, leave. But people need to stop turning the other way when he's done some wrong in this situation.

I'm not a 100% sure what he is doing wrong in this situation. When you look at it from a purely business standpoint (like all owners do) then he is doing what is best for him. He doesn't owe the Magic anything.

What's with the all or nothing attitude. He isn't an angel. He isn't a douche. He's a basketball player and a businessman.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-14-2012, 02:33 AM
Do you honestly believe LeBron, Wade, and Bosh made their decision to play together during free agency?

Am I suppose to believe Lebron would have left had he won a title? Because had he won, what reason does he have to leave?

Surely they thought about playing. But it only became reality as soon as Lebron lost.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-14-2012, 02:35 AM
I'm not a 100% sure what he is doing wrong in this situation. When you look at it from a purely business standpoint (like all owners do) then he is doing what is best for him. He doesn't owe the Magic anything.

What's with the all or nothing attitude. He isn't an angel. He isn't a douche. He's a basketball player and a businessman.

Business isn't always the blackest and whitest perspective. Just because screwing people over in business is the 'norm', doesn't mean it's not wrong.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-14-2012, 02:36 AM
dont be naive and think that lebron and dwade didnt have that setup for years lol

Am I suppose to believe Lebron would have left had he won a title? Because had he won, what reason does he have to leave?

Surely they thought about playing. But it only became reality as soon as Lebron lost.

boolish
03-14-2012, 02:37 AM
notice what he Didn't say. He didn't say he would sign a one year extension. he didn't say he would sign his max extension. DH is a Diva!

jmoney85
03-14-2012, 02:37 AM
:sigh:

Clearly it's not getting to your head. Even the Nets, the team that Howard wanted to go to, wont trade for him now. No other team will offer anything now. By saying he'll sign with the Nets, the Magic lose all trade partners.

As for the revenge part, you worded your post to make it seem like 'revenge'.

teams can rent him if they wish... would you rather dwight not tell the truth and lie to every team so they unload everything but the kitchen sink for him and he can screw them over and sign with the nets?

cant knock the guy for being honest

jmoney85
03-14-2012, 02:38 AM
Business isn't always the blackest and whitest perspective. Just because screwing people over in business is the 'norm', doesn't mean it's not wrong.

again

how is he screwing them over.... he signed a contract and is honoring it

imagesrdecievin
03-14-2012, 02:39 AM

But this business decision isn't about screwing the Magic over - it's about doing whats best for Dwight. The Magic getting screwed is just a byproduct of that decision.

Also - the Magic were in the drivers seat and could have avoided getting screwed but they badly mishandled their prime asset. Them getting screwed is moreso about inept management and (I can only assume) misinformed ownership.

The Magic fanbase has a right to be pissed - but a majority of their venom should be directed at Otis and Devos.