PDA

View Full Version : Berger: Orlando Magic Looking to Trade Howard- Nets in Lead

shep33
03-13-2012, 05:55 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ken-berger/17771692/magic-getting-close-to-dwight-decision-nets-in-lead

The Orlando Magic are coming to grips with the reality that they will have to trade Dwight Howard before Thursday's 3 p.m. ET deadline, and Howard's preferred team -- the Nets -- are emerging as the most likely trade partner, league sources told CBSSports.com.

Magic GM Otis Smith was taking calls Tuesday and trying to gage what the best offer will be in a potential Howard deal. No final decision has been made, and potential trade partners have not been apprised of what the Magic ultimately will do, sources said.

Golden State and Houston remained the most serious so-called "rental" teams pursuing Howard and hoping to persuade him to commit to them, although numerous teams were circling with offers and making their due diligence calls about the premier center in the NBA. Given the risk of Howard leaving as a free agent after a trade, it would be even more risky for a new team to give up assets for Howard than it would be for Orlando to dare him to walk this summer.

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-13-2012, 05:59 PM
:laugh:

This is becoming pure NBA comedy!

ManRam
03-13-2012, 06:00 PM
Just do it.

Take whatever you can get, and move on.

shep33
03-13-2012, 06:01 PM
Haha

Pure Mayhem!!!!

Looks like they finally figured it out and are going to deal him

ManRam
03-13-2012, 06:07 PM
And DeVos just said "I don't think there will be any surprises on Thursday".

Otis, get it done, somehow, some way. I don't care if it gets you fired, trade him to do the right thing.

shep33
03-13-2012, 06:09 PM
^ I surely hope so Manram. Otis should go out guns a-blazing like Gilbert.

Aust
03-13-2012, 06:10 PM
I don't see why the Nets would even be open to talking to the Magic at this point. Just wait for him to come to you in FA!

NoahH
03-13-2012, 06:13 PM
Isn't Ken Berger unreliable?

LAKobeBryant
03-13-2012, 06:13 PM
lmao i can't wait for deadline to be over and just read transactions instead of rumours

PhillyFaninLA
03-13-2012, 06:17 PM
Wow this is news is it 2011 already.

shep33
03-13-2012, 06:27 PM
Wow this is news is it 2011 already.

New report by Berger, Orlando wasn't willing to deal him, now it looks like they're starting to change their minds in the last days here

Mr Costanza
03-13-2012, 06:29 PM
yawn

lavilevi23
03-13-2012, 06:31 PM
:yawn:

LakersA's49ers
03-13-2012, 06:36 PM
whyyyyyy the f--------- would howard want to go to new jersey? lol. its worse than melo in new york. weve seen how thats worked out. knickshave to much talent to be where theyre at. howard and williams is a nice duo, but what else the nets got? vujacic and farmar? brooks? they may have to get rid of brooks in the deal anyways, plus lopez who im not that high on. i think the magic need to trade him to houston or golden state and get maximum value for him. not where he wants to go. the man doesnt have a no trade clause

meloman1592
03-13-2012, 06:36 PM
Dwight is gonna stay in Orlando for the remainder of the season because dumbass Otis Smith let it drag out this far...D12 will sign with NJ in july and Orlando will be left with nothing. Jersey knows Dwight wants them and will sign with them regardless so why give up anything?

Williams
Brooks
Draft Pick (Barnes, MKG)
Lopez
Howard

Beasty

mgsports
03-13-2012, 06:37 PM
Okur/Humphries/Miller/Beasley to Magic/Howard to Nets and Both Richardsons to TWOLVES?

Bubba313
03-13-2012, 06:37 PM

:laugh2:

:guns::guns::guns:

Pfeifer
03-13-2012, 06:40 PM
This is so stupid. Why wouldn't you trade him. Does he have a no trade clause? If not send him to whoever pays the most.

MagicBucsSox
03-13-2012, 06:41 PM
Dwight is gonna stay in Orlando for the remainder of the season because dumbass Otis Smith let it drag out this far...D12 will sign with NJ in july and Orlando will be left with nothing. Jersey knows Dwight wants them and will sign with them regardless so why give up anything?

Williams
Brooks
Draft Pick (Barnes, MKG)
Lopez
Howard

Beasty

Your answer...... Dallas that's why they give up alot for Dwight. Lebron was an NJ lock too remember, then John wall. Neither are nets players. Thats why you give Orlando what they want

Avenged
03-13-2012, 06:42 PM
I thought it was only the Nets at this point so they should technically "be in the lead". Dwight has made it clear that's where he will play whether he is traded there or not.

Aust
03-13-2012, 06:43 PM
Yep, Magic shouldn't have waited so long. They got played :shrug:

mgsports
03-13-2012, 06:45 PM
Odom/Marion/haywood for Howard/Clark/Orton?

Mr Costanza
03-13-2012, 06:48 PM
Odom/Marion/haywood for Howard/Clark/Orton?

What is your endgame here?

Tmath
03-13-2012, 06:52 PM
If Dwight is traded to the Nets or anywhere in the atlantic division I wish him many injuries in the near future. jk, kind of.

Cano-Montero...
03-13-2012, 06:56 PM
Hope he is traded earlier so the other trades would start...

jrm2054
03-13-2012, 07:00 PM
trade him now so other teams will start trading

KnicksorBust
03-13-2012, 07:02 PM
Do not cave and send him to the Nets for Brook Lopez. $10 million for a no defense, no rebounding center. That's not going to get you anywhere. Find the best young prospect/pick you can get + an expiring.

showtime24
03-13-2012, 07:08 PM
The Orlando Magic are coming to grips with the reality that they will have to trade Dwight Howard before Thursday's 3 p.m. ET deadline

LMAO! Majic FO is dumb they should've started trading him at the start of the season knowing his not gonna sign with them.

ManRam
03-13-2012, 07:09 PM
Do not cave and send him to the Nets for Brook Lopez. $10 million for a no defense, no rebounding center. That's not going to get you anywhere. Find the best young prospect/pick you can get + an expiring.

Well, who is out there offering anything that resembles a young prospect/high draft pick?

If they could take on Hedo somehow too, go for it. Brook and Brooks, and a draft pick or two from them is better than letting him walk. Slightly better...but still better. The Chicago trade is not better. The GSW trade focused around Monta for Dwight would not be better...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7lpocru

Something like that. No idea if Humph would be included...but he makes it the easiest. We'd save a nice 20 million bucks for next year....

We could give them whatever else they want that's not JJ or Anderson.

Not sure either team would do it, but I wouldn't hate that too much. Then the Magic don't do anything next off-season besides re-sign Anderson....suck next season, and rebuild from there.

ManRam
03-13-2012, 07:10 PM
LMAO! Majic FO is dumb they should've started trading him at the start of the season knowing his not gonna sign with them.

Why does it matter when they trade him? It's not like there was any offer back then that was worth it anyways.

smith&wesson
03-13-2012, 07:12 PM
Feel for magic fans right now.. it sux man.

Mr Costanza
03-13-2012, 07:12 PM

Wait and see what they get.

If the nets give them brook, brooks, and some first rounders I think they are getting what they would have back in December. By waiting they have a pretty good record, sold more seats, and are a lock for the playoffs. Calling them dumb is premature at best.

Draco
03-13-2012, 07:13 PM

I remember when the wingnuts claimed Lopez was the best player in that years draft and would eventually supplant Howard as best center in the NBA...

29$JerZ
03-13-2012, 07:15 PM
Lopez
Brooks
Next available 1st rounder
Have to take on Hedo

That's what Orlando should demand as the minimum
Let's see how confident NJ feels about its leverage,.

shep33
Weird, this could be D12's last home game in Orlando

*Superman*
Good laugh, needed that.

Feel for magic fans right now.. it sux man.

I think we all would agree we've been pretty spoiled to winning games now, recently went on the decline after losing to the Hawks in the 1st round, rebuilding sucks, but we have some contracts and players that we need gone. Hopefully we get a few decent pieces in return to work with.

Mcdoh
03-13-2012, 07:20 PM
lakers doesnt want to be part of this anymore..

showtime24
03-13-2012, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24
Why does it matter when they trade him? It's not like there was any offer back then that was worth it anyways.

There's a offer back then with the Lakers & the Nets. Do you think they will get a decent offer now with just two days to go before the trade deadline?

*Superman*
03-13-2012, 07:28 PM
Posted this in the Magic forum also.

***Source is David Pingalore, same guy that said CP3 to Orlando would happen, take it with a grain of salt, just posting what I found.***

NBA sources tell Local 6 Sports Director David Pingalore that if Magic center Dwight Howard does not sign a contract extension, he will likely be traded to either the New Jersey Nets or the Los Angeles Lakers before the trade deadline.

The deadline is Thursday at 3 p.m.

According to those sources, the Nets are offering Brook Lopez, Kris Humphries, MarShon Brooks and two No. 1 draft picks in exchange for Howard. The Lakers are offering Andrew Bynum, Derek Fisher and Metta World Peace (formerly Ron Artest) for Howard, Hedo Turkoglu and Chris Duhon.

Those same sources say there is a holdup with the Lakers in terms of taking on the contracts of Turkoglu and Duhon.

If Howard is not traded, there is still a good chance he will not stay with Orlando. According to Pingalore's sources, Howard is leaning toward not signing a contract extension with the Magic.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Sou...x/-/index.html

I can't see the Lakers STILL offering Bynum to us when it has become evident he wants to go to NJ. And he is stating that we get Brooks, Marshon and picks and Humphries, why would NJ do all that? Think he is off again.

Deemerc
03-13-2012, 07:28 PM
whyyyyyy the f--------- would howard want to go to new jersey? lol. its worse than melo in new york. weve seen how thats worked out. knickshave to much talent to be where theyre at. howard and williams is a nice duo, but what else the nets got? vujacic and farmar? brooks? they may have to get rid of brooks in the deal anyways, plus lopez who im not that high on. i think the magic need to trade him to houston or golden state and get maximum value for him. not where he wants to go. the man doesnt have a no trade clause

this coming from a guy who thinks vujacic is still on the nets

Mr Costanza
03-13-2012, 07:30 PM
I still laugh every time I see the term "formerly Ron Artest"

CudiOnMyiPod
03-13-2012, 07:35 PM
How bad is Hedo's contract? What are the details of it?

shep33
03-13-2012, 07:35 PM

***Source is David Pingalore, same guy that said CP3 to Orlando would happen, take it with a grain of salt, just posting what I found.***

I can't see the Lakers STILL offering Bynum to us when it has become evident he wants to go to NJ. And he is stating that we get Brooks, Marshon and picks and Humphries, why would NJ do all that? Think he is off again.

I call BS. Lakers won't deal Bynum unless Howards extends.

Realistically are Howard, Turk, and Duhon that much better than Bynum, Metta, and Fisher? Doesn't make the Lakers better IMO

valade16
03-13-2012, 07:36 PM

The same reason the Knicks gave up so much for 'Melo, even if the writing is on the wall that he'll go to NY, there's always a chance he won't, and apparently the Nets want him as badly as the Knicks wanted 'Melo.

I say drop a pick and humphries maybe but force the Nets to take on Turkoglu's contract.

mgsports
03-13-2012, 07:36 PM
Gasol/Fisher/Kapano to Magic -9wins Gasol-Center,Anderson PF,Hedo-Sf,JRIch Sg and Fisher/Nelson PG
Okur/Humphries/Farmer Lakers +5wins
Howard Nets +8wins

Deemerc
03-13-2012, 07:37 PM
no way the lakers are offering bynum without getting howard to sign long term. its not happening.

valade16
03-13-2012, 07:37 PM
I still laugh every time I see the term "formerly Ron Artest"

It's funny because it refers to both his former name and his former abilities as a player...

king_of_limbs
03-13-2012, 07:41 PM
Magic could have had Andrew Bynum, the best center in the league, to build the team around. Now, every team knows Dwight is going to the Nets, including the Nets, so they will get chump change at best. That whole Front Office should be cleaned out.

Regardless, I hope Dwight never wins a ring (not sure if that even matters to him), and I hope he ends up getting hated by the league (slightly) more then Lebron. At least Lebron wasn't entertaining openly with the media of all the teams he could play with.

jmoney85
03-13-2012, 07:42 PM
The same reason the Knicks gave up so much for 'Melo, even if the writing is on the wall that he'll go to NY, there's always a chance he won't, and apparently the Nets want him as badly as the Knicks wanted 'Melo.

I say drop a pick and humphries maybe but force the Nets to take on Turkoglu's contract.

there was never a chance melo was not signing with NY... he just wanted the extra money that came with signing the extension before hitting the FA market ... thats why the trade was made

this situation is different... yes dwight will lose some money but nothing compared to what melo would have lost if he wasnt traded to the knicks before the end of the season...

shep33
03-13-2012, 07:43 PM
Gasol/Fisher/Kapano to Magic -9wins Gasol-Center,Anderson PF,Hedo-Sf,JRIch Sg and Fisher/Nelson PG
Okur/Humphries/Farmer Lakers +5wins
Howard Nets +8wins

Let me get this straight.... Okur, Hump and Farmar for Pau Gasol?

jmoney85
03-13-2012, 07:44 PM
Your answer...... Dallas that's why they give up alot for Dwight. Lebron was an NJ lock too remember, then John wall. Neither are nets players. Thats why you give Orlando what they want

lebron was never a NJ lock lol.. and john wall was a draft pick how was he a lock to NJ?

you are obviously saying this because you want orlando to get whatever they want when the truth is they hold ZERO leverage and should be happy with just brook lopez or leave it

Deemerc
03-13-2012, 07:44 PM
Let me get this straight.... Okur, Hump and Farmar for Pau Gasol?

i read tht post like 10 times trying to figure that out. im not sure its english

shep33
03-13-2012, 07:45 PM
i read tht post like 10 times trying to figure that out. im not sure its english

haha, man I would rather eat Pau Gasol's beard than take back Okur, Hump and Farmar who we let go

waveycrockett
03-13-2012, 07:47 PM
Nets hold on the cards. We wont take Turk back if we make a trade.

mgsports
03-13-2012, 07:48 PM
At least it makes to the Lakers better without Gasol.

jmoney85
03-13-2012, 07:48 PM
:p
haha, man I would rather eat Pau Gasol's beard than take back Okur, Hump and Farmar who we let go

as hilarious as the trade might sound... the difference between gasol and hump is minimal at best and farmar is much better than fisher or blake

Mr Costanza
03-13-2012, 07:52 PM
At least it makes to the Lakers better without Gasol.

I'm pretty sure they weren't criticizing your trade idea but more at the way you typed it. It is so confusing I don't think anyone can understand enough to say its good bad or ugly.

BIG worm
03-13-2012, 07:55 PM

as hilarious as the trade might sound... the difference between gasol and hump is minimal at best and farmar is much better than fisher or blake

:facepalm: have you ever watched basketball???? hump is basically just as good as gasol????? wow!!!!

The goods
03-13-2012, 07:55 PM
The magic waited to long to trade him now they have zero leverage, all the teams that were interested aren't anymore except for the nets which is the team he wants to go to anyway,so now if I were the nets i'd low ball them and would give them as less as possible they'd be lucky to get lopez at this point.

Deemerc
03-13-2012, 07:56 PM

yo hump will go toe to toe with anybody. gasol is soft. id rather have hump any day over gasol.

njnets825
03-13-2012, 07:56 PM

10 million sounds like a bargain compared to 37 mill (melo/amare)for even worse D and some rebounds.

mgsports
03-13-2012, 07:57 PM
http://www.sulia.com/channel/cleveland-cavaliers/f/799009f0-5bb0-45d4-b02b-ee0e6e75f584/?source=twitter says besides CAVS Rumors the Magic will move Howard within the next 24 Hours.

jmoney85
03-13-2012, 07:58 PM
:facepalm: have you ever watched basketball???? hump is basically just as good as gasol????? wow!!!!

you obviously have never seen hump play... he's an animal

The goods
03-13-2012, 07:58 PM
And nobodys taking turk now,they really messed up.

shep33
03-13-2012, 07:59 PM
yo hump will go toe to toe with anybody. gasol is soft. id rather have hump any day over gasol.

I have to strongly disgree. If you replaced Hump with Pau right now, the Nets are a playoff team.

Pau is playing the 2nd/3rd option in LA and he puts up 17 and 10. He and Dwill on a pick and roll would be disgusting.

njnets825
03-13-2012, 07:59 PM

Hump is no slouch. will go at it physically with anyone. Pau is way better, just he doesn't have to hustle for every inch

BIG worm
03-13-2012, 08:03 PM
no one said hump was a slouch, but no one in their right mind thinks hump is just as good as gasol.

smith&wesson
03-13-2012, 08:04 PM
How bad is Hedo's contract? What are the details of it?

after this season he is owend another 30 mill for 3 more years.

shep33
I don't get this view of Pau being soft? Honestly if he's soft what does that make Boozer, Amare, and Bosh? Pau averages more rebounds and blocks then all those guys, and is more durable then them even while being older.

gilly
Nets would be dumb to do this trade. With Dwight they win some games and miss out on a good player in the early first this year, or give up their pick altogether. Just wait until the summer, get him then. Also you don't lose Lopez, who will be much better next to a real center in Dwight. Then you have Williams, Lopez, Howard, Brooks and a great prospect in Barnes, Kidd-Gilchrist, Lamb, Beal, Perry Jones etc.

Williams, Brooks, Barnes, Lopez, Howard is a damn solid team going into 12/13.

Deemerc
03-13-2012, 08:10 PM
gasol only averages 3 more points per game, and they are identical in every other stat. so saying gasol is way better and the nets would be a playoff team with gasol is kind of hard to argue

mgsports
03-13-2012, 08:16 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/MagicInsider/status/179718069235630080 Lots of Teams Rental

Howard to Bulls +4wins
Martin/Watson/Gibson/Beasley to Magic -1wins
JRICH/QRICH Minnesota
Boozer Rockets +2wins

Hulk6
03-13-2012, 08:19 PM
Brooks/Lopez/ and a first for Howard/Turk

UPRock
03-13-2012, 08:20 PM
I suppose they're going to trade Howard and Torkoglu for Lopez, Brooks, Okur and picks.

Robbw241
03-13-2012, 08:22 PM

?????????????????????????????????

Mr Costanza
03-13-2012, 08:23 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/MagicInsider/status/179718069235630080 Lots of Teams Rental

Howard to Bulls +4wins
Martin/Watson/Gibson/Beasley to Magic -1wins
JRICH/QRICH Minnesota
Boozer Rockets +2wins

Please stop.

Deemerc
03-13-2012, 08:24 PM
"They are coming to take over New York!"
In a brilliant rant on ESPN radio on Monday, Stephen A. Smith warns Knicks fans how the Nets are coming to Brooklyn to take over New York, with Mikhail Prokhorov, Jay-Z, Deron Williams, Dwight Howard and their supporting cast.

According to Stephen A, the Barclays Center "is off the chain." It's brand-new, not renovated, he says.

"They are not coming to play second fiddle to the New York Knicks," Smith screams. "They are coming to take OVER!"

The goods
03-13-2012, 08:27 PM
I don't get this view of Pau being soft? Honestly if he's soft what does that make Boozer, Amare, and Bosh? Pau averages more rebounds and blocks then all those guys, and is more durable then them even while being older.

And out of all those guy he's the only one who can play center,matter of fact we had the best record in the league when he played center while bynum was injured, but whatever some people you can't argue with and people say pau's soft well I didn't notice because he's 2 championships ain't!!!

Mr Costanza
03-13-2012, 08:29 PM
"They are coming to take over New York!"
In a brilliant rant on ESPN radio on Monday, Stephen A. Smith warns Knicks fans how the Nets are coming to Brooklyn to take over New York, with Mikhail Prokhorov, Jay-Z, Deron Williams, Dwight Howard and their supporting cast.

According to Stephen A, the Barclays Center "is off the chain." It's brand-new, not renovated, he says.

"They are not coming to play second fiddle to the New York Knicks," Smith screams. "They are coming to take OVER!"

Netsdaily is trash

dodgersuck
03-13-2012, 08:30 PM
It's insane how NBA players totally run teams these days. Completely *** backwards

arkanian215
03-13-2012, 08:36 PM

Williams
Brooks
Draft Pick (Barnes, MKG)
Lopez
Howard

Beasty
I'm pretty sure the owners vetoed the trade that Otis did sign off on. If anything, it's on the owners for this dragging on. Supposedly, this could've been done before the season.

mgsports
03-13-2012, 08:45 PM
Okay I will. At Least they work.