PDA

View Full Version : Does DeMarcus Cousins have the best handle for a center?

PleaseBeNice
03-13-2012, 04:47 PM
I think yes off the top of my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28xEJgN_Fok&feature=g-all-u&context=G25273c6FAAAAAAAAAAA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9ecgDb4Kzk

Inb4 he needs to grow up

boogie-reke
03-13-2012, 05:09 PM
If not handles, then he def got the best set of hands.

This kid catchs everything within a 40 foot radius, it's like watching Chris Webber all over again.

TheHighLife
03-13-2012, 05:09 PM
Yes.

DerekRE_3
03-13-2012, 05:14 PM
This is a pretty sweet video of him in high school, especially considering he didn't touch a basketball till 8th grade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-yCp9I85aE

Squad13
03-13-2012, 05:22 PM
Seriously? Who gives a ****. Best handles for centers... why on earth would you want your center to dribble? Maybe that's part of the reason Cousins turns it over at a pretty high clip.

Squad13
03-13-2012, 05:25 PM
Best hands? I haven't seen enough of cousins to be the judge... but Bynum, with that length, has some of the best hands for a big man.

TheHighLife
03-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Seriously? Who gives a ****. Best handles for centers... why on earth would you want your center to dribble? Maybe that's part of the reason Cousins turns it over at a pretty high clip.

Why wouldn't you want a center to be able to dribble? You sound mad that he's better than Bynum.

Aust
03-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Oh hey look! It's a King's fan as the OP :rolleyes:

boogie-reke
03-13-2012, 05:41 PM
He's not better then Bynum(atm), and this is coming from a Kings fan.

Stop with the silly pissing contest.

He does have better hands then Bynum imo tho, the best i've seen since Webber.

Squad13
03-13-2012, 05:52 PM
Why wouldn't you want a center to be able to dribble? You sound mad that he's better than Bynum.

You sound like an idiot. Bynum is clearly the better player, but Cousins is a good player. Obviously they are going to dribble to back people down etc. But for the most part you want them dribbling as little as possible. Kings fans saying best hands since a former King(Webber was a hell of a player)? Go figure :laugh2:

PleaseBeNice
03-13-2012, 05:56 PM

Seriously? God forbid he has a skill not many others have. Take a look at the videos again and you'll see why i'd want my center dribbling. What's the downside to a center dribbling if he's under control with it like shown in the videos? What is the big deal about having that skill in a center? ****.

knicks=love
03-13-2012, 05:57 PM
*looks at the thread title*... "a kings fan definitely made this thread."

*clicks the thread and sees it was a kings fan*

:facepalm: WHO CARES?!

knicks=love
03-13-2012, 05:58 PM
Seriously? God forbid he has a skill not many others have. Take a look at the videos again and you'll see why i'd want my center dribbling. What's the downside to a center dribbling if he's under control with it like shown in the videos? What is the big deal about having that skill in a center? ****.

centers aren't supposed to be dribbling.. ever hear of a thing called a point guard? :shrug:

boogie-reke
03-13-2012, 05:58 PM
So now we're pretending like Webber didn't have the best pair of hands in the league?

TheHighLife
03-13-2012, 05:59 PM
Ok

knicks=love
03-13-2012, 06:00 PM
i heard toney douglas can tie his shoes the quickest in the entire league..

kingsdelez24

Funny coming from someone who's team is only 8th in the east with 20mil per year players and a coach who wants to get fired

Canterbury
''''Waits for Bulls fan to cry about how Noah is the best Center of all time''''

DMC is one of my favorite players he has some little maturity issues but the guy is a beast.I think he leads the nba in offensive rebounds.

Did you know 32% of your posts have something to do about the Bulls?

Obsession? What Obsession?

And before you talk about how I wasted my time, it took a minute to scroll through your post history and do the math, which is much less time spent on you talking about the Bulls, Bulls fans, and Bulls threads which you seemingly dislike enough to go out of your way to trash.

knicks=love
03-13-2012, 06:01 PM
Funny coming from someone who's team is only 8th in the east with 20mil per year players and a coach who wants to get fired

i love how you're trying to make fun of my team, when your team is terrible.. and you have a player from my team in your sig :facepalm:

PleaseBeNice
03-13-2012, 06:09 PM
i love how you're trying to make fun of my team, when your team is terrible.. and you have a player from my team in your sig :facepalm:

Lol you're team has 2 all stars on it with 7+ years experience on it, a defensive anchor of a center, while playing in the weak eastern conference, stable head coaching (inb4 dantoni sucks. more stable than the kings new coach in 7 games). You only have 4 more wins than a team playing in the west, no all stars, and the youngest team in the league, that had 22 of its first 33 games on the road. Dont talk about terrible.

knicks=love
03-13-2012, 06:17 PM
Lol you're team has 2 all stars on it with 7+ years experience on it, a defensive anchor of a center, while playing in the weak eastern conference, stable head coaching (inb4 dantoni sucks. more stable than the kings new coach in 7 games). You only have 4 more wins than a team playing in the west, no all stars, and the youngest team in the league, that had 22 of its first 33 games on the road. Dont talk about terrible.

tell me how mike d'antoni is a good coach and how you expect the knicks to win anything with him coaching with preaching any type of defense whatsoever. explain that to me when there are 2 players that play at leas 30+ minutes a night who aren't known for defense are going to win games with a non-defensive minded coach running the team. please explain that to me. if we had a better coach, i can assure you that our record would not be 18-23. don't even get me started.

Aust
03-13-2012, 06:20 PM
Can we agree that both your teams are sucking pretty badly? Hell, my team aint doin too great either

TheHighLife
03-13-2012, 06:21 PM
The kings are building a team from scratch, meanwhile, teams like the Knicks, heat, and clippers cheat by trading away their players to get all stars or by signing free agents.

PleaseBeNice
03-13-2012, 06:23 PM
tell me how mike d'antoni is a good coach and how you expect the knicks to win anything with him coaching with preaching any type of defense whatsoever. explain that to me when there are 2 players that play at leas 30+ minutes a night who aren't known for defense are going to win games with a non-defensive minded coach running the team. please explain that to me. if we had a better coach, i can assure you that our record would not be 18-23. don't even get me started.

Where did I say he was a good coach? Stable does not equal good. The Suns got pretty far with him coaching. majority shouldnt have to fall on the coach for a team to play defense, its up to the players to play it. Sucks that your two main guys dont play any d. Not my problem. It just shows how terrible the knicks are, that they arent even in in the playoffs as of now in the EAST.

TheHighLife
03-13-2012, 06:26 PM
If you can't make the playoffs in the East... well, you just suck.

heyman321
03-13-2012, 06:30 PM
I'll take an Old Chris Webber

kingsdelez24
03-13-2012, 06:31 PM

Lin's a joke, he gets more turnovers than westbrick. Its also impossible to change a sig on mobile

boogie-reke
03-13-2012, 06:38 PM
Who cares about the Kings, and who cares about the Knicks - would you please shut up with that ish.

To the topic(yes, there is a topic believe it or not - and suprise, it's not the Knicks or the Kings) it depends - for his size, probably yes. but you got Noah, Bargniani, Gasol etc who can be called centers aswell and I think might be better.

emman03
03-13-2012, 06:58 PM
:clap:

M.Bibby2.0
03-13-2012, 07:04 PM

centers aren't supposed to be dribbling.. ever hear of a thing called a point guard? :shrug:

WE HAVE A THREAD NOT ABOUT YOUR KNICKS, LAKERS BULLS OR HEAT. GOD FORBID :cry:

if you don't care, then why post your useless comments?

PF's aren't supposed to shoot 3's right Dirk, Love? Bigs aren't supposed to pass well right Divac, Webber, KG? PG's arent supposed to post up right Billups?

Having good hands is obviously a plus, and so are handles if he can use them to beat players to the rim. A poster noticed he's good at it, and can give him an unique advantage, and was wondering if any other big has a comparable facet to their game. GTFO if you don't care.

Jenceman
03-13-2012, 07:11 PM
Again, what Demarcus needs to do is cut down on the TOs. Maybe it has to do with less dribbling. Also needs to shoot better.

PleaseBeNice
03-13-2012, 07:24 PM

PF's aren't supposed to shoot 3's right Dirk, Love? Bigs aren't supposed to pass well right Divac, Webber, KG? PG's arent supposed to post up right Billups?

Having good hands is obviously a plus, and so are handles if he can use them to beat players to the rim. A poster noticed he's good at it, and can give him an unique advantage, and was wondering if any other big has a comparable facet to their game. GTFO if you don't care.

Agreed.

kingsdelez24
03-13-2012, 07:30 PM

(Slow claps that leads into loud applause)

smiddy012
03-13-2012, 07:35 PM
Best handles? He's not even better than Noah! :facepalm: (sarcasm)

BirdIsTheWord
03-13-2012, 07:36 PM
Well this thread turned out well...

DITKA4GOV
03-13-2012, 07:41 PM
DMC is soooo talented, and also one of the biggest head cases in the league. I wouldn't trade any one of the bulls for him. He is a cancer to a team, and his situation comes before the team. He is the JR Smith of the Kings.

I love the talent, don't like the player as a whole. So yes, maybe he has the best handles for a center. But this is a waste of a post, about a player that will be an afterthought in the near future. Just my opinion. Give me DMCs talent, and the drive to win and be a team mate and he'd be an allstar.

Squad13
03-13-2012, 07:48 PM
King fans.... I'm not saying he isn't a good player. Best handles for a center is like having a thread about a pg having the best sky hook of all the other point guards. How many centers dribble enough to even show off their handles? Its probably the least important skill for a center to have. As I said earlier.. if hes turning it over 3 times a game maybe hes dribbling too much?

M.Bibby2.0
03-13-2012, 07:56 PM
King fans.... I'm not saying he isn't a good player. Best handles for a center is like having a thread about a pg having the best sky hook of all the other point guards. How many centers dribble enough to even show off their handles? Its probably the least important skill for a center to have. As I said earlier.. if hes turning it over 3 times a game maybe hes dribbling too much?

Agreed, I'd rather have him block 3 shots per game and have an unstoppable sky hook. But an important aspect of this is he has soft hands, which isn't so common in a young big man.

Squad13
03-13-2012, 08:02 PM
Agreed, I'd rather have him block 3 shots per game and have an unstoppable sky hook. But an important aspect of this is he has soft hands, which isn't so common in a young big man.

Soft hands is much more important and I don't see enough of cousins to judge that. I don't doubt that he has good hands for a big man.

Fnom11
03-13-2012, 08:13 PM
He has the biggest repertoire out of all the centers. I really don't see a ceiling for the guy if all the stars align but we've seen time and time again centers wasting their potential.

Jint.
03-13-2012, 08:19 PM
Jarrett Jack has the best hook shot for a PG..

Squad13
03-13-2012, 08:26 PM

Clearly you've never seen smush Parker play.

b@llhog24
03-13-2012, 08:26 PM

Tony Parker.

knicks=love
03-13-2012, 09:16 PM
Where did I say he was a good coach? Stable does not equal good. The Suns got pretty far with him coaching. majority shouldnt have to fall on the coach for a team to play defense, its up to the players to play it. Sucks that your two main guys dont play any d. Not my problem. It just shows how terrible the knicks are, that they arent even in in the playoffs as of now in the EAST.

d'antoni had a real point guard to work with. steve nash is arguably a top 5 PG of all time, and he's working with jeremy lin right now. lin is trash. in mike's system, you need a good PG like nash to work which he doesn't have right now.

Lin's a joke, he gets more turnovers than westbrick. Its also impossible to change a sig on mobile

ever hear of a computer? :shrug:

i love how you're getting mad at me when i didn't even bring up my team in those two posts you quoted me in. :facepalm:

HoodedSB
03-14-2012, 12:33 AM

let's not get carried away here...

Tony Parker.
Mos def, though it's not really a hook shot. Don't they call that a tear drop or something.

M.Bibby2.0
03-14-2012, 12:56 AM
d'antoni had a real point guard to work with. steve nash is arguably a top 5 PG of all time, and he's working with jeremy lin right now. lin is trash. in mike's system, you need a good PG like nash to work which he doesn't have right now.

i love how you're getting mad at me when i didn't even bring up my team in those two posts you quoted me in. :facepalm:

You're insinuating that nobody cares about cousins, the Kings, nor the topic at hand. So why post here, go speculate about the D'antoni system and melo, or get a dose of Linsanity, or the next move that'll make the knicks an overhyped contender. Then you start bashing the kings, at least the kings have won a playoff game and been past the first round in the last decade :laugh:

Lakers + Giants
03-14-2012, 01:04 AM
I've seen Gasol do better tbh. He's just as tall too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpJ7C6HxSr8

M.Bibby2.0
03-14-2012, 01:07 AM
I've seen Gasol do better tbh. He's just as tall too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpJ7C6HxSr8

I actually like the Gasol - Cousins comparison in that they're both long, suited for the 4 or 5, and are both crafty players. Cousins strikes me as a tougher player though, but not as well tempered as Gasol.

Lakers + Giants
03-14-2012, 01:08 AM
I actually like the Gasol - Cousins comparison in that they're both long, suited for the 4 or 5, and are both crafty players. Cousins strikes me as a tougher player though, but not as well tempered as Gasol.

They're both great shooters for their size, great passers, and have handles. Wish DMC the best of luck.

alew510
03-14-2012, 01:15 AM
Joakim Noah hands down has the best handles in the league for a center

smiddy012
03-14-2012, 01:20 AM
Joakim Noah hands down has the best handles in the league for a center

Yeah he's probably the best center in the league and if not, EASILY top 5, ahead of Cousins.

DerekRE_3
03-14-2012, 10:20 AM

I'm not saying having a big guy who can dribble is even in the top 5 of most important things he needs to do, but it's not totally irrelevant. It allows him to face up and drive on big guys, who aren't used to having to do that, which allows Cousins to do this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHQML1SzuSM

billy17
03-14-2012, 03:43 PM
Its necessary to BOOGIE

kingsdelez24
03-14-2012, 04:01 PM
If anything, noah has the best finger gun celebration in the league

kingsdelez24
03-14-2012, 04:03 PM

You're insinuating that nobody cares about cousins, the Kings, nor the topic at hand. So why post here, go speculate about the D'antoni system and melo, or get a dose of Linsanity, or the next move that'll make the knicks an overhyped contender. Then you start bashing the kings, at least the kings have won a playoff game and been past the first round in the last decade :laugh:

Once again, standing ovation for m.bibby2.0

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-14-2012, 04:11 PM
no way, he dribbles too much and turns the ball over like crazy

Sox72
03-14-2012, 04:23 PM
If anything, noah has the best finger gun celebration in the league

I think I'll break that out at trivia tonight.

DerekRE_3
03-14-2012, 04:35 PM
no way, he dribbles too much and turns the ball over like crazy

Dwight Howard: 3.3 TO's per game - .08 per minute | Usage Rate: 26.63
DeMarcus Cousins: 2.7 TO's per game - .09 per minute | Usage Rate: 28.31

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-14-2012, 04:42 PM

dwight gets triple teamed on a nightly basis, there's no need to double or triple Cousins when he shoots 40% from the field

Chronz
03-14-2012, 04:56 PM
This is a pretty sweet video of him in high school, especially considering he didn't touch a basketball till 8th grade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-yCp9I85aE

I watched all 5 minutes of that captivating video

kingsdelez24
03-14-2012, 06:18 PM

dwight gets triple teamed on a nightly basis, there's no need to double or triple Cousins when he shoots 40% from the field

He only shoots 44 percent because he's the bailout guy on offence and because he gets doubled and tripled

Anybody would shoot 40 percent when the ball goes to you with 3 seconds left on the shot clock

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-15-2012, 01:47 AM
He only shoots 44 percent because he's the bailout guy on offence and because he gets doubled and tripled

Anybody would shoot 40 percent when the ball goes to you with 3 seconds left on the shot clock

excuses

GrandDaddyPurp
03-15-2012, 02:00 AM

excuses

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-15-2012, 02:27 AM
excuses

:confused:
still shoots..what 55% from the floor.

Cousins still needs to learn how to shoot the rock not dribble, thats the last thing to do

omdigga
03-15-2012, 09:49 AM
the question should be: Does DC have the best handle in the universe?

fadedmario
03-15-2012, 10:45 AM
Cousins vs Monroe last night - Pistons won

Greg Monroe

32 points (15-20)
11 rebounds
3 assists
+15

DeMarcus Cousins

14 points (5-15)
7 rebounds
2 assists
+5

fadedmario
03-15-2012, 08:31 PM
From Bill Simmon's trade ranking of players

22. Mystery Player B
All right, release that thought (from Mystery Player A, ranked no. 32 in Part 1). Contrast these 2011-12 numbers …

Mystery Player A: 29.4 MPG, 16.2 PPG, 11.4 RPG, 1.2 APG, 1.2 BPG, 43% FG, 73% FT, 21 PER
Mystery Player B: 32.7 MPG, 16.4 PPG, 10.3 RPG, 2.5 APG, 0.6 BPG, 50% FG, 79% FT, 23 PER

Slight edge to Player B, right?

OK, so let's say Player B is a normal guy … and Player A is an unpredictable loose cannon who may or may not have just gotten his first coach fired a few weeks ago. Now which guy are you taking?

Here's the point: Boogie Cousins gets more hype than Greg Monroe; he got drafted two picks ahead of him; his upside seems like it should be higher; he's more fun to follow; he has a better nickname; and he's always going to seem a little more overpowering when he has it going. In the Grantland headquarters, we've probably had 20 Boogie Cousins conversations and 135 moments where Jay Kang cackled, "I LOVE BOOGIE!!!!" I don't remember anyone discussing Greg Monroe even once. I'm not even sure half our staff knows what he looks like. Just know that Sacramento would flip Boogie for Monroe in a cocaine heartbeat … and if the roles were reversed, Detroit would hang up.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7666048/nba-trade-value-part-2

M.Bibby2.0
03-15-2012, 08:44 PM
From Bill Simmon's trade ranking of players

22. Mystery Player B
All right, release that thought (from Mystery Player A, ranked no. 32 in Part 1). Contrast these 2011-12 numbers …

Mystery Player A: 29.4 MPG, 16.2 PPG, 11.4 RPG, 1.2 APG, 1.2 BPG, 43% FG, 73% FT, 21 PER
Mystery Player B: 32.7 MPG, 16.4 PPG, 10.3 RPG, 2.5 APG, 0.6 BPG, 50% FG, 79% FT, 23 PER

Slight edge to Player B, right?

OK, so let's say Player B is a normal guy … and Player A is an unpredictable loose cannon who may or may not have just gotten his first coach fired a few weeks ago. Now which guy are you taking?

Here's the point: Boogie Cousins gets more hype than Greg Monroe; he got drafted two picks ahead of him; his upside seems like it should be higher; he's more fun to follow; he has a better nickname; and he's always going to seem a little more overpowering when he has it going. In the Grantland headquarters, we've probably had 20 Boogie Cousins conversations and 135 moments where Jay Kang cackled, "I LOVE BOOGIE!!!!" I don't remember anyone discussing Greg Monroe even once. I'm not even sure half our staff knows what he looks like. Just know that Sacramento would flip Boogie for Monroe in a cocaine heartbeat … and if the roles were reversed, Detroit would hang up.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7666048/nba-trade-value-part-2

:shrug: the two are not in identical situations. and the kings wouldn't swing Cousins for Monroe. Most people think Cousins has higher potential, and he's not THAT much of a loose canon. He does lose control over his emotions, he is an emotional guy. People act like he's some street thug or criminal, all of his team mates and coaches have described him as a lovable character, but he's passionate about the game, has the drive to win, and consequently lets his emotions get the best of him.

Not to take anything away from Monroe, he's having a fantastic year, and is much more efficient. But its ludacris to pass judgement on which player is better/more valuable or is going to have a better career when they're both only 21 years old. That's exactly why Sacramento doesn't deal Cousins for Monroe.

DerekRE_3
03-15-2012, 08:57 PM
Cousins vs Monroe last night - Pistons won

Greg Monroe

32 points (15-20)
11 rebounds
3 assists
+15

DeMarcus Cousins

14 points (5-15)
7 rebounds
2 assists
+5

Their meeting from earlier this year:

DeMarcus Cousins

26 points (11-19)
15 rebounds
3 assists
32 minutes

Greg Monroe

3 points (1-7)
8 rebounds
2 assists
33 minutes

fadedmario
03-15-2012, 09:00 PM
Their meeting from earlier this year:

DeMarcus Cousins

26 points (11-19)
15 rebounds
3 assists
32 minutes

Greg Monroe

3 points (1-7)
8 rebounds
2 assists
33 minutes

Greg Monroe 4 wins

DeMarcus Cousins 0 wins (head to head)

Post their statistics the two games prior.

DerekRE_3
03-15-2012, 09:01 PM
Way too lazy to do that, plus I'm not debating who's better. They are both very good and are going to get better. Both teams are lucky to have them and neither team would trade one for the other.

fadedmario
03-15-2012, 09:03 PM
Monroe has outplayed Cousins in 3 of the 4 games against each other. The Pistons have also won all 4 games.

I like Cousins. But facts are facts - he's got some competition.

DerekRE_3
03-15-2012, 09:07 PM
Of course he does...it's the NBA. Besides, the head to head competition isn't a tell all argument. I remember the Deron vs. CP3 debates. Deron would outplay but CP3 was the better point guard.

fadedmario
03-15-2012, 09:11 PM
These two will forever be linked. I'm surprised Favors didn't pan out also (at least yet).

b@llhog24
03-15-2012, 09:37 PM
Mos def, though it's not really a hook shot. Don't they call that a tear drop or something.

Nah it's actually a hook shot although as you can guess being a pg it doesn't occur often as in the other positions. But I've C-Webb talk about it quite a few times.

TheDetroitBlue
03-15-2012, 09:56 PM
Knicks fans are redicolous they did this to the Stuckey Thread too sorry that your knicks arnt getting attention

Attention Whores

blastmasta26
03-15-2012, 10:35 PM
I don't quite understand why people are saying a center having good handles is so irrelevant. I mean, you don't want your center setting up at the top of the key trying to crossover defenders constantly, but good handles can be very helpful for post play. Just look at Hakeem Olajuwon, his dream shake was heavily predicated on his ability to put the ball on the floor.

boogie-reke
03-16-2012, 12:47 AM
It's funny how some Pistons fans are searching to pick a fight with the Kings fans 24/7 regarding Cousins and Monroe.

I mean what the flying fk does Monroe have ANYTHING to do with a thread regarding who has the best handles for a center?

Some people are just so pathetic, lol.

boogie-reke
03-23-2012, 07:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaNExF62Dng

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-23-2012, 07:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wanexf62dng

9-28

MrfadeawayJB
03-23-2012, 10:47 AM
he might be but he is also the biggest cry baby in the league

mjt20mik
03-23-2012, 11:07 AM
he might be but he is also the biggest cry baby in the league

Blake Griffin?

JLynn943
03-23-2012, 11:13 AM
9-28

Which is largely tied to his 10 offensive rebounds. When he misses, at least he gets it back.

boogie-reke
03-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Don't bother with these morons.

And it's funny that his FG% ALSO has absolutely nothing to do with his handles or the question\purpose of this thread.

Trolls gonna troll though.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Which is largely tied to his 10 offensive rebounds. When he misses, at least he gets it back.

the point of basketball game is to but the ball to the bucket.

haggis
03-23-2012, 11:59 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1020962/d-m-c.gif

JLynn943
03-23-2012, 12:06 PM
the point of basketball game is to but the ball to the bucket.

Is it? I had no idea. :rolleyes:

The point I was making was that he at least was making up for it by getting the ball back for the Kings. If they scored on the possession anyway, who cares?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-23-2012, 12:52 PM
Is it? I had no idea. :rolleyes:

The point I was making was that he at least was making up for it by getting the ball back for the Kings. If they scored on the possession anyway, who cares?

43% for a center is kinda ridicilous, dont you think?

JLynn943
03-23-2012, 12:56 PM

For a traditional center, sure. For one who plays like Cousins does, it's obviously not great, but not as terrible as it seems. The worst part is that the majority of his missed shots seem to be failed tip-ins or put-backs. That seems easy to fix though.

boogie-reke
03-23-2012, 01:09 PM

It is.

The point being made here is his FG% is affecting mostly by him keeping the ball alive just so he can get it back himself and finish, ala Moses Malone, and that it's very common for him in games that he gets 3 misses and a basket in 1 possession - which in turn makes the boxscore and his FG% look a bit worst then they should be.

Not that it'll magically turn him into a 50% shooter - but if you count those out it'll be more closer to it and would not be the 43% it shows right now.

Hawkamania
03-23-2012, 01:17 PM
Cousins has always had great hands, I still miss getting to watch the kid play in a UK uniform.

WaltonSystem
03-23-2012, 01:19 PM
Dude needs to quit shooting 18 footers and practice on his back to the basket game.

But yeah i suppose his handles are what people should be showcasing about him...because thats how you become a great big man right? :facepalm:

fadedmario
03-23-2012, 01:27 PM
He needs to figure out how to shoot at a higher percentage. Can't have your center shooting .439 from the field.

JLynn943
03-23-2012, 01:31 PM
Dude needs to quit shooting 18 footers and practice on his back to the basket game.

But yeah i suppose his handles are what people should be showcasing about him...because thats how you become a great big man right? :facepalm:

This isn't a thread saying "Cousins is great because of his handles." This is a thread saying "Hey, for a big man, this guy has pretty great handles." Just an unusual aspect to a center's game. Nothing more.

raidersrock99
03-23-2012, 01:40 PM
people totally just go way off topic in threads

AddiX
03-23-2012, 01:45 PM
He has phenomenal handle at his size, no doubt about it.

Problem is he doesn't seem to understand his natural talent won't make him great in the NBA, I hope someone gets through to him, to much wasted talent there.

ZebraCity916
03-23-2012, 03:09 PM
I find it funny how everybody is saying he's wasting his talent. He's only 21. He's still just learning to play the game.

DerekRE_3
03-23-2012, 03:35 PM
He has phenomenal handle at his size, no doubt about it.

Problem is he doesn't seem to understand his natural talent won't make him great in the NBA, I hope someone gets through to him, to much wasted talent there.

Someone is getting through to him. Keith Smart.

kenzo400
03-23-2012, 05:09 PM
Cousins is terrible at the offensive end. He is averaging 43% from the field.

Gram
03-23-2012, 05:14 PM
Mario - Great sig. :laugh2:

GrandDaddyPurp
03-23-2012, 06:57 PM
All these idiots do is use stats to compare players but don't care to even watch a single Kings game.